• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
There are 3 skins that are challenge-unlocks for Overwatch, so get them now gooooorls.

There's an Ugly Sweater Bara Dad (76) and Winter Angel Mom (Mercy).

Also I've been looking for new MMORPGs to play and... None really come to mind or stand out. I tried getting back into MS2 but wasn't really engaged with the gameplay.

I'm trying Elsword and tbh I already hate how spammy (and strict) the XZ combos are and how little I get to use actual skills. It's like an actual fighter game with which is meh to me. The characters and animations are all super cool/cute though.

Tree of Savior is kinda boring... I think? It's really hard to tell if I'm having fun or just playing it. Kind of how Maple Story 1 was for a lot of people lmao.

Maybe I'll just give up and knit more in my spare time and binge watch more shows. That I don't really wanna watch. AAAAAAAAAAA

I mean, Zelda works fine as a character as long as you’re not playing competitively, which is the exact point developers were aiming for. The same could be said about all characters, which I suppose is the point.
Otherwise known as a noobstomper. Which is oppressive to newer players or people with meh reflexes (or with lag). But otherwise garbage. Which is pretty unfair to the casual players who have to deal with her or the competitive players who want to use her. The only upside is that losing with her is expected in an even remotely "serious" fight.

So! If she somehow wins, that's instant salt amplification for her opponent. :secretkpop:

(she cleared 1 battle and then died the next oop)
Honestly though, Zelda was one of the best characters for Master Fortress in Sm4sh (reminder that Master Fortress was a thing that existed). Obstacles meant nothing since she could warp through them, and since the cores didn't move, you could stand back and safely spam Din's Failure at them until they blew up.
sis y r u so bad omg

jkjk

I only cleared WoL once and didn't do another playthrough. It's a cute mode for sure, but not too engaging.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Hot Take of the Day: J-Pop as a genre peaked in 1975 when Bruce Springsteen released "Born to Run".

It would be considered the best anime OP of the decade if it released today.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Can we all appreciate this adorable CoroCoroid of Kirby?

1576144763038.png

Also, I got Star Ocean First Departure R on the Switch now, it reminds me of Tales of Eternia so much on the PSP, I originally thought Star Ocean was released on the PS1, not the SNES due to the look of the Switch version. And I am enjoying it so far, I like the combat and it feelsl ike a traditional JRPG which I am all for. :yeahboi:

Oh, I should also get back to playing some more BBTAG too, hopefully I can find more very nifty stuff with Celica, Adachi and Akatsuki.

1576150526934.png

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, I got Star Ocean First Departure R on the Switch now, it reminds me of Tales of Eternia so much on the PSP, I originally thought Star Ocean was released on the PS1, not the SNES due to the look of the Switch version.
The Switch version is a port of the PSP remake is why, which did a lot to make the game look more like Star Ocean 2 (which *was* PS1). Tbh tho the original SO1 is my favorite in the series (probably not a popular opinion) so I don't appreciate the remakes dressing it up like its sister :^(

but hey star ocean is cool so if it's getting people to play the series I'm all for it :035:

also i guess i didn't actually say anything last post, hi gorls :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Remember that time Evan, Greening, and I blessT the Zelda social with the good word of sis Shakira? It was truly glorious. ofc we can just do that again to fill up a few pages :secretkpop:

There's a she-wolf in your closet...

*closes eyes as the nuke detonates*

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
FEH got their Winter Gorls lined up. One looks like it could be husbando Xander. Finally. Dorky big boi is going to ho ho ho it up. :^)

I can't tell who's on the left side tho.

Hello all.

I thought I'd share this tribute I made for Smash 4 Zelda. Enjoy!

This makes me miss her Dtilt and Nair so much. i cri evri tiem

SecretZPop_MAD.gif

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The Switch version is a port of the PSP remake is why, which did a lot to make the game look more like Star Ocean 2 (which *was* PS1). Tbh tho the original SO1 is my favorite in the series (probably not a popular opinion) so I don't appreciate the remakes dressing it up like its sister :^(

but hey star ocean is cool so if it's getting people to play the series I'm all for it :035:
That's a very neat attention to detail, didn't know that the sequel was on PS1, but still very cool.

In Gacha related news, CyberStep FINALLY brought back the Christmas Event, so that allowed me to get my Defense Secretary to be Fully Awakened and now I just have to get her to Max Limit Break. And hopefully I can get the Event SRs from the banner, since I got until mid January to get them. Fingers crossed.

I also need to go back and play some BBTAG, so I don't neglect it for so long.

1576234647221.png

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
btw I'm still screaming about Bravely Default II
I watched TGA on lucahjin's stream and that was highkey the best way to watch it and the most fun I've had with TGA. I got to learn how to sponge and spritz!! We did prancercise!!
Also BRAVELY DEFAULT II.
Honestly I enjoyed this years GA's more than this year's E3 don't @ me

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Remember that time Evan, Greening, and I blessT the Zelda social with the good word of sis Shakira? It was truly glorious. ofc we can just do that again to fill up a few pages :secretkpop:

There's a she-wolf in your closet...

*closes eyes as the nuke detonates*
100 pages before the 25th? It’s worth a try.
Now more than ever, it’s time for Africa

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I know those words. But I don't know their meaning when they are put together.
How about bara robots?

This was in the recommendation bar and the song's freaking good. The art reminds me of VA-11 HALL-A. I see that game's OST on recommendations a lot, but I haven't listened to it yet. I think I have the game on a wish list somewhere.

Album link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdztsss1QXk.

So, Microsoft's next Xbox is going to be called the Xbox Series X. I have no idea what kind of name is that. The Xbox One was kind of dumb since the original Xbox would be the first Xbox, so, the actual Xbox One or Xbox 1. Well, we went from the original Xbox, to the Xbox 360, to the Xbox One, and now to the Xbox Series X. Maybe Series should have been dropped, but then we'd have the Xbox X and that's one X away from calling it the XXX which admittedly, is probably better than the current name being shortened to the Xbox SeX. As dumb as it would be, the Xbox 4K could be better since I think it and the PS5 are targeting 4K up-scaled gaming because who are we kidding? You need top-of-the-line GPUs to run 3840x2160 at around 60 FPS on high to ultra settings -- considering that ultra settings might not look that different from high at noticeable hit in performance -- and one of those GPUs cost as much if not more than one console; they're around $400. Hmm, maybe the Xbox Xemplar? Whatever.

Bravely Default II was a surprise. Figured they would make another one, but didn't know when. Now, if only Dragon's Dogma 2 could get an announcement.

Edit: Holy crap, the Dreams of Neo-Tokyo album has a remix of Tears For Fears' "Shout": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7FKc1JQe4. I have no idea where I heard the original version before since when I heard the remix, I felt like I heard it from somewhere.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin btw episode 4 of Epithet Erased happened and yea the show is getting kinda feel-sy now. Maybe not quite to the cri stages yet, but have fun anyways.

In BBTAG news, I tried Akatsuki a bit today and wow he's a lot simpler than I thought he would be. Maybe a bit too simple... it feels like he has so few moves! Everything flows together nicely so I guess he doesn't need a lot, but it was surprising to me. I could name several Warriors characters with more moves than him. Also, I now understand why people were disappointed that he doesn't say CHESTO in English, it really is satisfying to hear. :p In other news, I've been sticking to my main 4, not much else is new.

Also BRAVELY DEFAULT II

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
In BBTAG news, I tried Akatsuki a bit today and wow he's a lot simpler than I thought he would be. Maybe a bit too simple... it feels like he has so few moves! Everything flows together nicely so I guess he doesn't need a lot, but it was surprising to me. I could name several Warriors characters with more moves than him. Also, I now understand why people were disappointed that he doesn't say CHESTO in English, it really is satisfying to hear. :p In other news, I've been sticking to my main 4, not much else is new.
Akatsuki's supposed to be the Ryu of his game from what I recall, so very simple and easy to pick up and play. He is very fun to use too.

And you do not mess with the legendary B Tatsu. Also, this glorious quote from Dustloop on his 214BC:

"I have spent countless years mastering this technique, I have been in many games, and provided hours of entertainment, to bring you... The ULTIMATE C H E S T O !"

Also, for some reason. His 2A is not a low. :V

Also BRAVELY DEFAULT II
I've never played the original Bravely Default or its sequel, so that'll give me an opportunity to try it out if I can be bothered to get it. :V

1576409392261.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
New Xmas avatar: featuring me irl with a hat and Secret Z Pop with garrish green lipstick. :secretkpop:

I am also giving TERA a try since I just realized I can actually fairly try it out now. I really want an MMO with ice or earth or plant magic bois, but there aren't any. I want the top tier aesthetics pls.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin btw episode 4 of Epithet Erased happened and yea the show is getting kinda feel-sy now. Maybe not quite to the cri stages yet, but have fun anyways.
But I'm too busy watching Lucifer and knitting to cry.

haha jk

i always have time to cry

How about bara robots?
Also no. Just... Pls no.

The song was added to the B•GAL tho.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also BRAVELY DEFAULT II
Every time I see this, I hear the system voice when you hover over games on the 3DS in my head, but I couldn't find a clip of it which was wholly unacceptable. Pretty sure Bravely Second had the character scream "Bravely Default!" for the voice volume slider. So, have this random remix I found on YouTube instead.

I am also giving TERA a try since I just realized I can actually fairly try it out now. I really want an MMO with ice or earth or plant magic bois, but there aren't any. I want the top tier aesthetics pls.
Hey, it's that game with those chubby, fluffy badger, beaver, panda guys and apparently, their female counterparts who are questionable to say the least. For a moment, I confused the races in TERA with Blade & Soul's and I vaguely recall something happening where females or maybe a female-only race got exclusive stuff over the others.

Well, on the bright side, you can be those rotund rodent, badger guys, an angry dragon man, a huge golem, or edgy male fanservice.

TERA back when it was announced looked really cool, but then it time passed and I lost interest. Combat being more involved was the cool thing with MMOs around the time of TERA, Blade & Soul, Vindictus, and Guild Wars 2 which have a plant race by the way. Not sure how that's going with recent, new MMOs.

Also no. Just... Pls no.
That top-heavy design in that art of Genji reminds me of Gigas in Tekken 7. Gigas is apparently one of the worst characters in the game. He's big and he exists. I think Anna is the Zelda of Tekken 7, but trashier. From what I read, Anna isn't a great character and she's a high risk, high reward-ish character with an emphasis on a mix-up game. She even has a Sheik, a more ninja-y counterpart, in the form of her older sister Nina.

On that note, I beat the story mode of Tekken 7 yesterday. I've watched some videos of it, so I know about the narrator, but actually experiencing it was unpleasant. I don't think it was actually confirmed, but it's been said that the English voice actor for the narrator was told to speak in a monotone voice which was to work in Japanese, but didn't in English. Well, at least not in the way that he was told to deliver his lines. The rundown of the narrator's character is he's supposed to be devastated and dead inside with recent events in Tekken which I might add, is absurdly stupid and kind of in a good way like a B-movie thing. Incidentally, the English voice actor is also the announcer and he's fine there, but the narrator, yeesh.

Gameplay-wise, I have no idea how to play anyone else, but Josie and she's irrelevant to the story. Not even Shaheen was which is weird since I remember reading somewhere that he's kind of like a foil to Claudio and a bit of Miguel since someone related to Mishima family was responsible for a tragic event in Shaheen's life. It's weird, SoulCalibur is very pick and play for me, especially in terms of movement. I've already talked about this before, but inputs in Tekken 7 feel really weird and inexplicably so.

And I found out why Tears for Fears' "Shout" was so familiar: it's the same band that did "Everybody Wants to Rule the World": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMBdOIHplw. They also did "Mad World": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTB9Qx_1ZE, but I don't think I heard the original until now. First time I ever heard "Mad World" was Alex Parks's cover of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABFQOLZlfGU.

Meanwhile in FEH, I thought I was still dreaming when this happened. I fell asleep and missed doing some Grand Conquest for the orb and feathers, woke up in the middle of night, and groggily summoned wondering who was on the banner and what color other than Blazing Blade, winter Zephiel because we still don't have a new, 3* to 4* sword armor in the regular summoning pool. Yeah, that was the fastest, I'm done with a banner.
4* Leon: +HP, -Def. A most fabulous man reminded me that this was not a dream, but reality.

5* winter Nino: neutral. Second consecutive 5*. For some reason, I thought she was green, but she proved me wrong and reminded me that she was blue. I have no idea why she has Bold Fighter when she has 41 base speed.

3* Priscilla: +Res, -HP.

5* fallen kid Tiki: neutral. Third consecutive 5*. I must be in a dream. Well, since I have legendary Eliwood, this creature can be stupider.

5* winter Zephiel: +Res, -HP. First orb pick and he shows up. I was just thinking of him trying to remember what colors were on this banner.
4* Clair: +Spd, -Atk. I'm kind of surprised that she hasn't gotten an alt yet. Or Mae, Sonya, or anyone from Shadows of Valentia really. It was only recent that we started to get non-Celica alts with Alm and then started to get new SoV units.

4* Eirika: +Spd, -HP.

5* winter Marth & Elice: +Res, -Def. My first duo hero and definitely my, I'm done with this banner because this is unreal. For some reason, I thought they were blue. Really must have been that groggy waking up and not remembering much of the trailer for this banner. I only remembered who else was on the banner when I saw the voice clips video thumbnail: winter Sothis.

3* Soren: +HP, -Atk.

4* Tharja: +HP, -Atk.

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ebak8h/glorious_gifts_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

Winter Sothis's 44 HP, 35 Atk, 41 Spd, 30 Def, and 35 Res gives her 185 BST and she has an attack superasset and speed and defense superbanes. She's the only one of the 41 base neutral Spd armors to have a speed superbane which is unfortunate. Compared to her regular, infantry self, +3 HP, +1 Atk, +2 Spd, -2 Def, and +8 Res. She's basically a gen 4 version of picnic Felica where compared to picnic Felicia, winter Sothis has +1 HP, +5 Atk because Felicia, and +4 Spd over picnic Felicia. Both of them have Spd+3 on their weapons, so winter Sothis is going to have higher speed than picnic Felicia and Sothis's neutralizes effective damage against dragons means Sothis won't be weak to anti-dragon weapons, so picnic Felicia doesn't have an advantage over only being weak to anti-armor weapons. On the other hand, picnic Felica has effective damage against beasts for what that's worth and her in combat stat debuffs on her foes works off of her Res instead of HP like winter Sothis's in combat stat buffs and she can get a higher boost at -8 to all stats on her foe compared to winter Sothis's +5.

Winter Marth & Elice's 42 HP, 36 Atk, 41 Spd, 30 Def, and 25 Res gives them 174 BST and they have a speed and resistance superassets and a defense superbane. Daring Fighter is interesting, but I can only see it being useful on fast, ranged armors since they would have an easier player phase than melee armors. Problem: player phase armor. Bold Fighter and Special Fighter have more utility where I figure fast, melee armors would want Special Fighter, but most of the recent ones already come with it like picnic Felicia, GD Ike, and winter Sothis.

Winter Nino's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 41 Spd, 22 Def, and 31 Res gives her 169 BST and she has speed and defense superassets and HP and resistance superbanes. She has the lowest base neutral defense of all armors now at 3 less than Halloween Niles's 25. Incidentally, they have similar stats where compared to Halloween Niles, winter Nino has +3 HP, +1 Atk, +2 Spd, -3 Def, and +2 Res on him. It's Nino, so low defense was kind of expected, but it's kind of funny seeing an armor with such low defense. Compared to her regular self, +7 HP, +2 Atk, +5 Spd, +3 Def, and +5 Res and compared to her flying self, +4 HP, +2 Atk, +3 Spd, +5 Def, and +6 Res.

Winter Zephiel's 48 HP, 38 Atk, 19 Spd, 38 Def, and 36 Res gives him 179 BST and he has a defense superasset and no superbanes. Winter Zephiel now has highest resistance of red melee armors beating Idunn by 2 points and tying him with winter Tharja for having the second-highest resistance of all red armors. He's basically a gen 4 version of his older self or in other words, Zephiel if he had higher resistance; compared to his older self, -7 HP, +3 Atk, +3 Spd, and +12 Res. Regular Zephiel has a Distant Def 3 sword with Eckesach's unique refinement along with much higher HP, but winter Zephiel can use either Barrier Blade or Safeguard and close the gap in defense when attacked at any range for much, much higher resistance in return for less HP and the slightly stronger Threaten Def that doesn't work on dragons.

Winter Jaffar's 44 HP, 35 Atk, 37 Spd, 31 Def, and 27 Res gives him 174 BST and if he were summonable, he'd have a resistance superasset and a defense superbane. Compared to his regular self, +3 HP, +9 Atk, +4 Spd, +5 Def, and +5 Res. The resistance superasset would have been really good considering he's a green dagger with good offenses, especially in speed as he's the fastest dagger armor for what that's worth and has decent mixed bulk that could have been 31/31 with +Res. Stat-wise, he's Halloween Dozla with attack and defense points shifted over to speed; -1 HP, -3 Atk, +8 Spd, and -4 Def. Compared to winter Cecilia as he's the second free dagger armor, +3 HP, +14 Spd, +1 Def, and -9 Res and compared to Halloween Kagero as he's the second green dagger armor, +4 HP, -3 Atk, +16 Spd, -1 Def, and -6 Res.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Before the year ends, I'll leave my own Tier List for BBTAG 2.0. :yeahboi:

1576492412663.png

Best to take it with a big grain of salt, since some placings can be wrong. (i.e. Heart could be Mid or High on some better Tier Lists. :V)

Also, I think very highly of Rachel and Celica. Especially Celica.

Speaking of which, got back to BBTAG yesterday and I did feel like I was improving with Akatsuki and Adachi a lot, a bit more with Celica too, but alas. Progress is progress.

Now onto Star Ocean R, I now got Mavelle, Millie and Ronyx. I am wondering whether to make my final party member that catgirl you run into the Pirate Base, since my party is this so far:

Roddick, Ilia, Cyuss, Ioshua, Millie, Ronyx and Mavelle.

Lavani Lavani by the way, what would you say is the Canon/Best Ending?
Because I bought a pair of earrings for Ilia but haven't gone to Haute yet with Millie in the party.

1576493064751.png

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lavani Lavani by the way, what would you say is the Canon/Best Ending?
Because I bought a pair of earrings for Ilia but haven't gone to Haute yet with Millie in the party.
I don't know, the remake changed endings a bunch :042:

For the most part SO1-3 don't have canon endings, though. There's a number of ways things can play out and they're rarely flat-out confirmed anywhere; the only ones I can think of are Ronyx x Ilia being confirmed by SO2 and Dias x Chisato being apparently confirmed by Blue Sphere (have yet to personally play BS or 5 though). 4 replaced the branching possibilities with extra ending bits for characters that liked you enough at the end, so there's only really one way for that game to play out by comparison, and I'm assuming 5 kept that formula.

edit: oh i missed that spoiler ewp

if you're aiming for roddick x Millie earrings shouldn't be a fatal blow against it, though I'm kinda surprised she'd just take them in the remake since iirc in the original she teases you like "Isn't there someone else you'd rather be giving those to?" if you try. Although maybe she did still accept them after idr

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I think Akatsuki heard me call him easy to play in my last post because I got destroyed by one yesterday :upsidedown: It took like 15 games before I was able to figure out how to fight back oml.
Also no. Just... Pls no.
Why would u post this
What good does it do u
Every time I see this, I hear the system voice when you hover over games on the 3DS in my head, but I couldn't find a clip of it which was wholly unacceptable. Pretty sure Bravely Second had the character scream "Bravely Default!" for the voice volume slider.
Mmmm, I remember Magnolia shouting BRAVELY SECOND on the game's demo, but that's it. Can't remember any instance of anyone saying Defualt's title.
Either way, BRAVELY DEFAULT II

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Very unacceptable addition to the B•GAL, sis. :secretkpop:

Hey, it's that game with those chubby, fluffy badger, beaver, panda guys and apparently, their female counterparts who are questionable to say the least. For a moment, I confused the races in TERA with Blade & Soul's and I vaguely recall something happening where females or maybe a female-only race got exclusive stuff over the others.

Well, on the bright side, you can be those rotund rodent, badger guys, an angry dragon man, a huge golem, or edgy male fanservice.

TERA back when it was announced looked really cool, but then it time passed and I lost interest. Combat being more involved was the cool thing with MMOs around the time of TERA, Blade & Soul, Vindictus, and Guild Wars 2 which have a plant race by the way. Not sure how that's going with recent, new MMOs.
TERA seems OK for now though I can already feel it boring me. I really just want a nature-y or water-y or ice-y or earth-y mage to play around with. But apparently those elements are ILLEGAL in MMORPGs. Well, ones that are actually worth playing or fun. I kinda wish there was an MMORPG that played like TERA but with an "Overwatch" type thing. Like, where you're pretty much always playing with people. Playing an MMO and never having to actually team up with people is hella dumb imo.

rip Wonderking, the only game that had all of that and actually-balanced PvP/characters in a 2D game and reason to party and etc. I wish I could say the same for LaTale but its (slightly unbalanced but still kinda fun) PvP became awful the moment HP gear came out. And easy over-gearing ruined any reason to party. MS2 is too laggy/choppy to get into and, again, ice/earth/etc is illegal there. So even if I can fill my in game house's wall with bara portraits, it's still boring fighting+class system.

Closers had a fun combat system and looked very nice/pretty, but there's 0 character customization in terms of builds. It's "you have this one type of element/type of attacking and you choose which mono-aesthetic-skills you want to use" - super lame. Elsword would be fun if the combo system wasn't boring "lol mash XXXXZZZZ forever but always do it the right way or else you'll die gee this sure is fun having skills but only being able to use them 20% or less of the time~" Gender lock is super lame too. I've played sassy gorls for, like, 75%+ of my MMORPG. I want them strong and sassy bois now.

I might give Blade and Soul another try. Maybe it was only boring because the class I chose was a weird melee/ranged hybrid. At least there's actual ice/frost options.

Now onto Star Ocean R
I recall playing Star Ocean Until The End Of Time(?) or something like that. The one where the chosen ones were on vacation and OMG!!! bad stuff happens and they get seperated and they go on an adventure and they unlock their powers and etc. It was very fun. Is SOR
I think Akatsuki heard me call him easy to play in my last post because I got destroyed by one yesterday :upsidedown: It took like 15 games before I was able to figure out how to fight back oml.

Why would u post this
What good does it do u
I had to google if it was real and it is so I had to share that awful discovery with everyone, duh. :^)

btw this will clean your soul but only once so use it wisely and ofc pay me 25 dollars before clicking this link ok thnx

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
EODM07 EODM07 Do you know any resources I could use to learn stuff about Heart and Celica? Combos and stuff are nice ofc, but I'd like to look at more general guides on them to see how they should be moving, approaching, etc. Hyde and Linne are fine since they're launch characters, but even Heart is still a bit too new, so places like Dustloop don't have much...

Although I did find this video showing me how I've been playing Heart completely wrong this whole time and I should just use the power of love to facetank everything because she can do that I guess?? Okay. :colorful:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 Do you know any resources I could use to learn stuff about Heart and Celica? Combos and stuff are nice ofc, but I'd like to look at more general guides on them to see how they should be moving, approaching, etc. Hyde and Linne are fine since they're launch characters, but even Heart is still a bit too new, so places like Dustloop don't have much...
Yeah, I'm having trouble finding guides for her neutral and movement options too, guess one thing I could mention is that for Celica, you can get an easy crossup with Celica by calling out her assist and then doing jC to get behind her opponent and then they'll get caught by the assist she called out.

Although I did find this video showing me how I've been playing Heart completely wrong this whole time and I should just use the power of love to facetank everything because she can do that I guess?? Okay.
One thing I should mention is that her jC is a good way to approach your opponent, also it has 1 Frame where it is invulnerable. So you can use that to bait DPs.

I don't know, the remake changed endings a bunch :042:

For the most part SO1-3 don't have canon endings, though. There's a number of ways things can play out and they're rarely flat-out confirmed anywhere; the only ones I can think of are Ronyx x Ilia being confirmed by SO2 and Dias x Chisato being apparently confirmed by Blue Sphere (have yet to personally play BS or 5 though). 4 replaced the branching possibilities with extra ending bits for characters that liked you enough at the end, so there's only really one way for that game to play out by comparison, and I'm assuming 5 kept that formula.

edit: oh i missed that spoiler ewp

if you're aiming for Roddick x Millie earrings shouldn't be a fatal blow against it, though I'm kinda surprised she'd just take them in the remake since iirc in the original she teases you like "Isn't there someone else you'd rather be giving those to?" if you try. Although maybe she did still accept them after idr
Either way, I now got Pericci. Who I assume will be the final party member, she's at Lv. 40, whereas everyone else is around Lv. 32 - 33, with Cyuss sadly lagging behind at Lv. 29, rip him. But since I'm near Haute, I guess I can go and explore that Mine.

1576580006837.png

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
just reposting this classic:

also Mercy's new Snow Angel skin is great and I can't wait for it to be available. It's basically a better version of Cobalt, which is already one of my favorite Mercy skins. That new Moira skin is kinda awful tho...I'll use it ironically like I do with Lightning!Tracer :^)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So in FEH I summoned Creepy Tree Loli and Twink With Bara Voice!

But before those, I summoned a 5* Tethys after using 140+ orbs. Then I summoned until I got a Tibarn after 60 orbs. Then my 2nd Fallen Corrin/sweaty gross heaux after 120 orbs. Then I went for the longest time (180+ orbs) without a 5*. Finally getting the CTL and TwBV in the same thing. I didn't get many fodder-characters or merge characters. So ya, it was a waste of time/effort/money on my part here. Apparently this is a lesson I need to learn at least twice a year when it comes to FEH.

Sothis is -atk/+def but she's IV proof and easily the most OP armor we have at the moment. She's just such OP trash that she feels worse to use than Fallen Corrin. I'll hang on to her until we get Threaten Atk/Res so I can give someone DC and Threaten 4. For now she's just going to be a creepy loli sitting in the corner of my base. At least the oddly creepy Zephiel has Vengeful Fighter and a neat sword... Ironically I don't need the fodder. So I'm really at a loss for why I even went so crazy with pulling on this banner in the first place lmaoooooo oopsTie-oopssss

Magically captured video of my thought processes when I was wasting orbs/IRL $$$ on this seasonal banner:

also Mercy's new Snow Angel skin is great and I can't wait for it to be available. It's basically a better version of Cobalt, which is already one of my favorite Mercy skins. That new Moira skin is kinda awful tho...I'll use it ironically like I do with Lightning!Tracer :^)
Ye, Cobalt was the only cool option she had back before she started getting outfits made out of straight fire. Any outfits that makes her lighty-wingy-things different colors are amazing by default tho. I like how the halo is kinda just floating by itself too. I wonder if they changed the color of her projectiles like they did with Pink? pls do it blizz pls pls plsss

As for Moira she is pretty much The Joker disguised as a Winter-themed outfit. You ain't fooling us, Blizzard heauxes.

But the best thing for a male character? Abs icy boi Sigma. This has been a very merry non-specific-winter-holiday indeed. :secretkpop:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Magically captured video of my thought processes when I was wasting orbs/IRL $$$ on this seasonal banner:
Is that how you gorls are getting such high scores in Thor's Thighlious Thugfest?

tbh I'm less annoyed by the lack of rewards I'm gonna get from the artificial score ceiling than by not being able to unlock a higher difficulty when it runs again. My Faye requires more sacrifices.

Mmmm, I remember Magnolia shouting BRAVELY SECOND on the game's demo, but that's it. Can't remember any instance of anyone saying Defualt's title.
I can't wait for the sequel, Bravely Second II.

Then the Agnes followup game for the 10th year anniversary, Bravely Third.

Then the next exciting game in the series, Bravely Default III.
I swear to god someone in this game better Mrgrgr

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
btw reminder that an update for Cadence of Hyrule released out of nowhere today and it added a GOOD CHONK of content. Octavo was added as a playable character, along with his own unique story mode (remember to turn cutscenes back on if u have those off). A new mode to make the game closer to the original Necrodancer was added but oop I suck at it. Also rooms have a ton more variety and there's some new puzzles to deal with as well. I want to say there was a new enemy added as well (a snowflake looking thing). Good stuff, go play it. Also is Zelda still the best character in the game? BAN•HA.
Shrines were also added into dungeons and they throw on some weird effects when you touch them and... they're better to just avoid imo. Most of the effects are more harmful than helpful, and they can last forever until you die. Off the top of my head, they could
-Make all of your current items into the glass versions of them
-Make it so that everything (you and enemies) would die in a single hit regardless of your health
-Make everyone take double damage
-Conceal enemies so that all of them are giant ?'s instead so you have no idea what you're hitting
-Put the game into a conga beat (so like • • •••, with 2 beats spread out then 3 really fast)
-Fill all of the bottomless pits with water (this one's actually great if you have the flippers/snorkel)
So basically a ton of jank. Seeing Gleeokenspiel with 4 ? heads was kinda funny tho.
I can't wait for the sequel, Bravely Second II.

Then the Agnes followup game for the 10th year anniversary, Bravely Third.

Then the next exciting game in the series, Bravely Default III.
I swear to god someone in this game better Mrgrgr
Considering Tressa in Octopath managed to sneak a Mrgrgr in, I think it'll be safe. They're aware of its meme potential.
Also I know it's supposed to be a new cast of characters in a new place, but with how Bravely is I honestly believe at least 1 of the previous characters will cameo in the game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Why would u post this
What good does it do u

I turned on my 3DS in ages to check and Agnès does say Bravely Default for the game's demo which I still have because I don't have the first game and I wanted to keep whatever demo stuff that would transfer over when I eventually get the game. Bravely Second only has a theme jingle. When changing the voice volume, Edea, Magnolia, Tiz, or Yew would shout Bravely Second. I don't remember if that's the case when adjusting the voice volume Bravely Default. I don't want to check using the demo because limited uses are a thing.

Something that came to mind was that remasters of the first two games for the Switch would be pretty neat and if possible by being released before Bravely Default II, could help tie in at least conceptually until Bravely Default II's release. The way I thought about it is that it would kind of be like Xenoblade Chronicles getting a New 3DS port and a Switch remake. The thing is that Bravely Default and Bravely Second are on a system that is still being supported sort of and unlike the mess that was Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, Bravely Default can be bought digitally and wasn't locked to a specific retailer from what I know.

Closers had a fun combat system and looked very nice/pretty, but there's 0 character customization in terms of builds. It's "you have this one type of element/type of attacking and you choose which mono-aesthetic-skills you want to use" - super lame.
All I remember from Closers is Harpy. I distinctly remembering watching a video of Harpy's animations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVd9_1CCfkw. Don't judge me. :p

Been meaning to bring this up as Wagakki Band uploaded a new song three weeks ago titled "Ignite": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxpHq3inUA.

That made me look up Perfume to see what's new and here's "Saisei", the theme song for Shijinsou no Satsujin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxvaDbAHkI.

And YouTube had Band-Maid in the recommendation bar. From a glance, it looks like edgy maids playing rock. I don't know how to feel about this. Here's "Real Existence": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TkHpvaO09c.

Edit: Okay, this was a banging recommendation on YouTube; Madeon's "No Fear No More": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_EnyikMsEU.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I played Smash and while in an arena, the game glitched out a bit
Smashville finally has good music!!
Something that came to mind was that remasters of the first two games for the Switch would be pretty neat and if possible by being released before Bravely Default II, could help tie in at least conceptually until Bravely Default II's release. The way I thought about it is that it would kind of be like Xenoblade Chronicles getting a New 3DS port and a Switch remake. The thing is that Bravely Default and Bravely Second are on a system that is still being supported sort of and unlike the mess that was Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, Bravely Default can be bought digitally and wasn't locked to a specific retailer from what I know.
The bigger problem would be trying to make the games for the Switch in the first place. Default and Second HEAVILY relied on basically every feature the 3DS had. StreetPass, SpotPass, sleep mode, the inner and outer cameras, AR cards, the gyroscope, you name it and the games probably implemented the feature in some way. Having most of those features being removed would suck, and there was a bit of story locked behind those features as well and I'm not sure how they could work them in using the Switch.
This also makes me excited to see what they're able to pull using the Switch in Default II. 100% expecting the HD rumble to come into play by... idk vibrating morse code or something?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like the other day, I had nothing but ragequitters in BBTAG. Had about 7 to 8 players ragequit on me, I think. Or it could be 5 or 6. Either way, it was not a good day for them, lol.

But for those curious, I'll list the following who I made ragequit (I won't include most of their names):

One ragequit from a Persona player who was running Kanji/Naoto S., one from a RWBY fan running Yang/Blake, another from a RWBY fan running Neo/Ruby in Ranked who Astral'd me Game 1 with Ruby, so I Astral'd them Game 2 with Akatsuki, then Game 3 I bodied them and they ragedquit.

And now... One player who I will name because he is quite infamous on the Switch version and he clearly doesn't care about his reputation and only cares about his rank. Named タマ (Tama) in Ranked, he will ALWAYS disconnect if he loses, no matter what. I defeated him twice and every single match was a ragequit, he runs Ragna/Jin and he is the most basic I have ever seen. He is a Destined King rank and has played over 6,000 Matches with over 4,700 of them being Wins. And yet, he can't take an L and ragequits when he loses, it is clear he only cares about his precious rank which he 100% didn't earn at all. :V

So, do not give タマ that satisfaction of a win, either ignore him or beat his backside in Ranked, lol.

Also, I've been keeping up with GRArkada's Review Week of Awesome. So far, he has reviewed RWBY, Bakemonogatari, Bunny Girl Senpai and Castlevania. And today he's going to finish it off with Assassination Classroom, which I need to watch. If you're curious on what he rated each show, well he rated them the following:

RWBY (Watch It)
Bakemonogatari (Watch It, but plans on changing his rating scale to be a "Classic" instead in the future)
Bunny Girl Senpai (Buy It)
Castlevania (Watch It)

just reposting this classic:
Okay, I seriously thought I was gonna hear Megumin in the distance yell "EXUPLOSION!", dammit and my expectations!

1576840118591.png

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Also, I've been keeping up with GRArkada's Review Week of Awesome. So far, he has reviewed RWBY, Bakemonogatari, Bunny Girl Senpai and Castlevania. And today he's going to finish it off with Assassination Classroom, which I need to watch. If you're curious on what he rated each show, well he rated them the following:
I haven’t seen a lot of anime, but out of all the ones I have seen (about 5-6 I think) Assassination Classroom is my favourite. It is so much fun from start to finish. It’s a school anime where all the students get some focus at some point. Every character is likable and enjoyable and one of the villains gets a good redemption arc.

I’ve heard Castlevania is also pretty great, but I haven’t seen it.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
RWBY (Watch It)
Bakemonogatari (Watch It, but plans on changing his rating scale to be a "Classic" instead in the future)
Bunny Girl Senpai (Buy It)
Castlevania (Watch It)
I watched Bakemonogatari once.....it bored me. Least favorite anime I've finished, but it's surprisingly popular. As for Bunny Girl Senpai, it's one of my favorites. The two anime are quite similar, but IMO, BGS is a lot more interesting.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Is that how you gorls are getting such high scores in Thor's Thighlious Thugfest?

tbh I'm less annoyed by the lack of rewards I'm gonna get from the artificial score ceiling than by not being able to unlock a higher difficulty when it runs again. My Faye requires more sacrifices.
Nah, sis, you only need 4 decked out gorls. And I don't use that little loli tree urchin except normal Sothis that 1 time.

Just throw 4 of your +10s in as the stat blobs for your 4 main gorls. The highest score of each pair is used. Blessings don't get scores, but the Mythics with the right element does.

My 4 main gorls are Oliver, Saizo, and W!Cecilia. With M!Corrin as a stat blob since he is my highest scoring unit atm (even higher than my +10 Hector because of course he is). I use Eir for Light/Dark season and Anima has Jelly Creepy Waifu for the top sweeper.

Okay, I seriously thought I was gonna hear Megumin in the distance yell "EXUPLOSION!", dammit and my expectations!
I thought you said Megami and I was reminded of Sailor Moon Abridge's first episode where the moon is blowing up and people are just screeching EXPLOSION, BOOM, SDJSUFFDHFDUF, LOUD NOISES!!! It's randumb memory lane time over hurr, gorl.

As for the animu shows, did you watch Castlevania? It was surprisingly good and I really wish more animes were like it. Like when the characters are poking fun at each other, it's done as normal passing and isn't too big of a tone shift. Not "IZ ANIME REMEMBER??? MY HEAD IS NOW 50X BIGGER THAN MY BODY AND I AM SCREECHING AT SOMETHING YOU ALWAYS SAY TO ME!!! HUEHUEHUE CARTOONY HIJINKS!!! Also, btw, we are all literally going to die in 5 minutes unless we come up with a plan. This isn't jarring at all to happen in the same scene and this show's pacing is perfect. :^)" I'm guessing a lot of teenager-animes do that and adult ones like Castelvania don't?

RWBY also does it pretty well, albeit the pacing is sometimes wonky - but forgivable. The characters are all neat too, albeit babby paladin blonde boi is the best boi with the best Rooster Teeth VA. Too bad he fell for the red head that was collecting those red flags, amirite? :^)

I played Smash and while in an arena, the game glitched out a bit
Smashville finally has good music!!
I thought the issue was someone using WFT and Roy until I noticed the music. :secretkpop:

The bigger problem would be trying to make the games for the Switch in the first place. Default and Second HEAVILY relied on basically every feature the 3DS had. StreetPass, SpotPass, sleep mode, the inner and outer cameras, AR cards, the gyroscope, you name it and the games probably implemented the feature in some way. Having most of those features being removed would suck, and there was a bit of story locked behind those features as well and I'm not sure how they could work them in using the Switch.
This also makes me excited to see what they're able to pull using the Switch in Default II. 100% expecting the HD rumble to come into play by... idk vibrating morse code or something?
The Switch would bring improvements tho, gorl. Streetpass is hot garbage. Allowing us to just login online or use friends from distant places for the same thing would be way better. Gyroscope still exists in some form on Switch. Sleep exists, kinda, but isn't needed. They can just use a normal passing of time instead of making us keep our system on overnight like they did with the 3DS.

I loved Bravely soooooo much but those gimmicks' novelty wore off within a few days of having to use them.

All I remember from Closers is Harpy. I distinctly remembering watching a video of Harpy's animations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVd9_1CCfkw. Don't judge me. :p
I liked all the characters, the animation, and the combat. It simply lost because there's no true variation AND gender lock. Gender lock isn't an issue by itself, but it becomes one when the amount of waifus outweigh the husbandos by 2 or more. It means the developers made a choice to throw in more tiddies just for tiddies' sake. They should've just made the characters' name(s) unisex and have a male/female option like they did with the last 3 FE games. It makes the character feel more customizable, something that MMORPGs should strive for in the first place. If we wanted to play a character's story and be locked to solo play for most of it, we'd just play an RPG lmao.

btw your tastes are forgiven for the x4 contribution to the B•GAL and because it includes PERFUME. :^)

As for TERA I dropped it. Bye bye~ I like the Summoner in Blade and Soul because I can attack with...

P L A N T S
A N D
B E E S

Though a lot of the characters I wish I could play lack oomph to their elemental branches. I want an ice character to solely be icy and feel icy. Not "haha my weapon is blue now OK that's it~" Thankfully Summoner has earth+wind with a somewhat earthy and wind feel. The magic users Force Master/Sorcerer don't even have elemental OOMPH behind their attacks OR I'm forced into using both elements anyway in Force Master's case. Is a pure Rock/Earth magic and Water/Ice Magic illegal in MMORPGS or???

I know Tree of Savior allows me to make a Mud Mage and the attacks area actually very gorgeous. But... The game is so... Grindy. Which would be fine if the PvP was equalized and properly balanced (what's the point of having status effects if 1 branch from each class can find a way to just walk through status effects).

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Beautiful. Probably explains why I main Adachi. :V

I thought you said Megami and I was reminded of Sailor Moon Abridge's first episode where the moon is blowing up and people are just screeching EXPLOSION, BOOM, SDJSUFFDHFDUF, LOUD NOISES!!! It's randumb memory lane time over hurr, gorl.

As for the animu shows, did you watch Castlevania? It was surprisingly good and I really wish more animes were like it. Like when the characters are poking fun at each other, it's done as normal passing and isn't too big of a tone shift. Not "IZ ANIME REMEMBER??? MY HEAD IS NOW 50X BIGGER THAN MY BODY AND I AM SCREECHING AT SOMETHING YOU ALWAYS SAY TO ME!!! HUEHUEHUE CARTOONY HIJINKS!!! Also, btw, we are all literally going to die in 5 minutes unless we come up with a plan. This isn't jarring at all to happen in the same scene and this show's pacing is perfect. :^)" I'm guessing a lot of teenager-animes do that and adult ones like Castelvania don't?
Well, I didn't watch Castlevania, however I know my sister has and she liked it. Waiting for Season 3 to air, plus it isn't really an anime, but it is inspired by it; the animation was actually done by Frederator.

RWBY also does it pretty well, albeit the pacing is sometimes wonky - but forgivable. The characters are all neat too, albeit babby paladin blonde boi is the best boi with the best Rooster Teeth VA. Too bad he fell for the red head that was collecting those red flags, amirite? :^)
I still stand by my opinion that RWBY is okay at best. It's an okay show, animation is stiff and rough at times, characters are pretty one note, but the music works nicely for the show and some of the characters I do like such as Jaune and originally Yang, however I think Weiss replaces Yang in that show for me. However, I stopped at Episode 4 of Volume 2, so I got much to catch up with... Or I just stop at Volume 3 and call it a day then, since I've heard bad things about the series after that. Plus, BBTAG has made me hate Ruby and Yang in that game and their OST for the game too, lol.

Also, I'll leave links to GRArkada's reviews of them.

GR's RWBY Review

GR's Castlevania Review (Ft. Rerez)

Like I mentioned before, he also reviewed Bakemonogatari, Bunny Girl Senpai and Assassination Classroom, which I still need to get to watching. rip me.

Speaking of BBTAG, if you need anymore help or ideas Cress! Cress! , hit me up. I'll try my best.

1576924251936.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Me tomorrow after it becomes semi-acceptable to day drink on Christmas Eve/Day:

Who's ready to get turnT and forget about all the money spent on presents they had to get their family out of obligation? :secretkpop:

btw downloaded Guild Wars 2 to give that a try or whatever. Guess I'll try magic gorl because Tempest sounds cool. So does Scourge because EVIL SAND SPELLS??? So ya.

Well, I didn't watch Castlevania, however I know my sister has and she liked it. Waiting for Season 3 to air, plus it isn't really an anime, but it is inspired by it; the animation was actually done by Frederator.

I still stand by my opinion that RWBY is okay at best. It's an okay show, animation is stiff and rough at times, characters are pretty one note, but the music works nicely for the show and some of the characters I do like such as Jaune and originally Yang, however I think Weiss replaces Yang in that show for me. However, I stopped at Episode 4 of Volume 2, so I got much to catch up with... Or I just stop at Volume 3 and call it a day then, since I've heard bad things about the series after that. Plus, BBTAG has made me hate Ruby and Yang in that game and their OST for the game too, lol.
Ye RWBY is OK, but OK animations are more than good enough with the constant creation of garbage or fan-service-only anime. I do like how the characters grown. Weiss has some fire now, so she kinda did replace Yang in terms of wanting to jump in and do something asap - except she actually uses her head first. Yang got a hold of her anger, kind of, leading to better choices and a righteous fury more than a general kind. But she's less of a scrappy fighter girl, which is probably for the best. Otherwise she'd lose another limb and still become every action boy's insta waifu. :^)

As for Castlevania, that totally explains why the animation is top tier and not cringy at times. :^)))

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As for TERA I dropped it. Bye bye~ I like the Summoner in Blade and Soul because I can attack with...

P L A N T S
A N D
B E E S

Though a lot of the characters I wish I could play lack oomph to their elemental branches. I want an ice character to solely be icy and feel icy. Not "haha my weapon is blue now OK that's it~" Thankfully Summoner has earth+wind with a somewhat earthy and wind feel. The magic users Force Master/Sorcerer don't even have elemental OOMPH behind their attacks OR I'm forced into using both elements anyway in Force Master's case. Is a pure Rock/Earth magic and Water/Ice Magic illegal in MMORPGS or???
Blade & Soul's character art by Hyung-tae Kim was the one thing that drew me into the game. Never got around to playing the game since I remember it took a long time until it was localized outside of South Korea and the thing you talked about regarding magic is the biggest problem I have with most MMORPGs and some RPGs with real-time combat: the lack of feedback from attacks. It just feels so weird playing melee classes. At least ranged classes are outside and doing things you could sort of ignore the lack of feedback, but when you're playing a character who's swinging a giant hammer and all you get it a little injured animation from the enemy, it just looks strange.

I get why as they're RPGs and not fighting games or hack 'n' slash games, but still. With turn-based games, I think it's easier for me to disconnect the lack of feedback, but some games still do something well to make attacks impactful. Final Fantasy X comes to mind where to this day, I remember the sound they used for Tidus's sword hits. I'm not sure, but I think the sound might have been amplified when he takes out an enemy so sounds even more powerful. It's not Tidus swings his sword, but Tidus freaking slices whatever is his target. Tidus's basic attack being a jump slash was even cooler because of the sound.

Another part is probably control and in the sense of I'm not inputting commands in a way like in an action game or the inputs don't feel as meaningful. Probably why Final Fantasy XV's combat looks bad to me where sure, the combat controls like an action game, but the attacks don't look like they're doing much.

So, PassCode's "Miss Unlimited": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X48UZ4j9N04, was in the recommendations bar and it's something. What even is this? It's like idol music with a bit of screamo and old, retro game music. I swear I hear Street Fighter II's character select theme at 3:05 of the song.

Something chiller is La Félix's "Real Things" featuring Becca Krueger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU46DX5Dogw. He doesn't have a YouTube channel it seems. SoundCloud is where it's officially hosted on: https://soundcloud.com/lafelix/real-thing-la-felixfeat-becca-krueger-1.

The instrumental to Galdive's "Lotus" reminds me of something, but I cannot put my finger on it. I feel like I've heard a piece or song that had a similar dance-like rhythm during the "We could be the king and queen if you want to" parts. Regardless, "Lotus" has a whimsical, dreamlike charm to it. Alice in Wonderland comes to mind. Some trippy fantasy story works as well. Song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5dKDYX0NSE.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've been thinking of what are my favourite films and anime of this decade so far.

And while I don't watch many films, I did watch a bunch of anime during this decade, so I could list all of them along with the films I saw, which I think I'll do now. :yeahboi:

5. Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
4. Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Stone of Milos (2011)
3. The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011)
2. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse (2018)
1. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (2011)

Now as for my favourite anime of this decade...

10. D-Frag! (2014)
9. Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga ****ai! (2013)
8. Kill la Kill (2013)
7. One Punch Man (2015)
6. Dr. STONE (2019)
5. Kaguya-sama: Love Is War (2019)
4. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (2011)
3. Log Horizon (2013)
2. Mob Psycho 100 (2016, 2019)
1. Hataraku! Maou-sama (2013)

I think those are my top anime of the decade. If I had Netflix, I'm sure Violet Evergarden would've been up there too, oh well. Also been playing some more BBTAG, got some strange combos with Adachi/Celica thanks Celica's 5P assist, I'll upload one of them to YT anyway.

1577193241895.png

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I did my own film ranking, but only for films from this year (that I've seen).
5) Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus
It had the lowest amount of memorable moments compared to the other movies. It certainly continued Invader Zim in a faithful way, with its wacky humor, and giving Zim a lot of personality. Though the ending wasn't as exciting as it could've been.
4) Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans
A lot of Teen Titans fans thought the OG Titans weren't used properly, and I agree a little bit. They were a bit too edgy, and Beast Boy and Starfire could've had a few more moments. But they weren't badly mischaracterized or anything. The interaction between the two Ravens were also really genuine and sincere. Overall, this one was lots of fun.
3) Shazam!
The acting could've been more polished, but the performances were still believable. Solid origin story that showed my favorite superhero's past, how he got his powers, and how he learned to use them. The villain also had almost as much story as Billy did. Things got a tad repetitive, but there were still a few cool surprises.
2) Avengers: Endgame
Every important character was used very well, and did everything they needed to to work towards the ultimate goal. The only MCU movies I've seen were Avengers movies, so there were a lot of things I didn't catch from other stories. But the appeal of Endgame was everyone working together. I also appreciated the time travel aspect.
1) Toy Story 4
It's the sequel to my favorite movie, and many of the things I liked from 3 carried over. We saw many new, creative toys that had their own stories. We saw the toys going into different environments other than their house, and having to adapt to them. And we saw elaborate, enticing action sequences. Unlike many, I'm not against this movie existing. Honestly, with how creative this franchise gets, I wouldn't even mind a Toy Story 5. And I actually liked the ending. Most of the series' main toys were sidelined, but they still got some time to shine.
If we're talking movies from the entire decade.....Toy Story 3 and Tangled are my favorites. They're also my favorite movies in general.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just found a folder on my computer filled with Shakira gifs lmao:

shoulders.gif

literalshewolf.gif

risefromthedeadT.gif

I had a stash of just under 150 orbs and decided to roll for Duo!Marth bc H!Niles is one of the very few armors who actually wants/can use Daring Fighter, especially since he's a member of my arena core so the built-in Null Follow-Up is great. I pulled a random +spd -hp Adrift!F!Corrin at 4% when there were no colorless orbs (I guess she got confused as to which banner I was pulling on), and then luckily got Duo!Marth (+res -spd) soon after (about 80 orbs total). I already unlocked his conversation and grabbed the 40 dragonflowers, so all that's left is to grind out his HM before sacrificing him to the only armor that matters ;^)

As for the F!Corrin, I know +spd is a superboon but I don't use dragons and don't really plan on merging her so... At least I won't need to feel bad about killing her for her Rally+ since her other skills are trash. I've actually been wanting some Rally Atk/Spd+ fodder for my M!Corrin (whom I recently completed!) since I couldn't give him the full version as well as Def/Res Ruse 3 from S!Ursula. Speaking of which, I pulled a grand total of 6 S!Ursulas before I got a single HS!Xander. It was actual hell because I never wanted her in the first place. The first one I pulled was +spd -HP, but then I got 2x +HP -spd, 2x +def -atk and a neutral copy. Thankfully, Xander had perfect IVs (+atk -spd) when he appeared, so ofc I merged him into the awful +spd copy I've been using. I know I can't complain too much because Ursula does have really good fodder, but it was still painful seeing her appear every time instead of Xander.

I've recently pulled a few 4* copies each of Python and Tethys, both of whom were characters I've been waiting for. Python was one of my favorite units in SoV, and I voted for Tethys in both CYL2 and 3 (the only ones I participated in). Another of my favorite units (Brady) was added this year too, so 2019 was pretty good for me ngl. I'm a trash Fates fan who still wants characters like Mitama (pls IS), Forrest, Percy, Reina, Mozu, etc. so I'm hoping for another banner, but I also desperately need Jesse added. 2020 will probably be 3H characters since they've barely milked that cow yet, which ofc is fine with me. I'm hoping Ignatz gets added as a demote so I can +10 him. Everyone seems to forget about/dislike him and it makes me sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom