• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does anyone remember Klonoa or has played one of the games? Not sure why, but it popped into my head today. Years ago, I think I rented the second game and played it however far I got. I barely remember how the game played, but I guess it was fun if I still remember it and not in a negative way.

Really looking forward to River City Girls. It still doesn't have a Steam or GOG page yet and I wished it did since I feel like I might forget about it. The game's on my radar, but it's not super on there. Same dealio with Apsulov: End of Gods where I don't like horror in general, but it is interesting. River City Girls looks really fun in style and in gameplay as a beat 'em up. I love how one of Misako's moves is to headbutt someone. Imagine an anime or manga high school girl headbutting thugs. That's so cool! Her design is badass too as badass as a schoolgirl can look which reminds me I should pick up Lollipop Chainsaw one day. Maybe that will get ported. Something about Kyoko's letterman jacket looks really nice. I think it's just that looks good as part of her art and in motion for her sprites. Kyoko looking like the grappler of the two is hilarious too.

For FEH, the new mode is boring. I don't think you can even call it a mode. It reminds me of those missions in some games like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or maybe Revelations and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and The Phantom Pain where you send some of your allies to "do stuff" and they return after several minutes, maybe days, or don't come back because they failed and died. Depending on the game, whether they succeed or not, you get resources. I never liked them. They're pretty annoying, some of them are tied to rewards that might even have RNG attached to them, and for The Phantom Pain, they are used to prevent enemy soldiers you face from having certain gear like "Don't want snipers being stationed on missions where they usually don't appear? Then send your soldiers, wait a bit, and hope they that they don't fail a 90% success rate."

Anyway, the worst part about Lost Lore is the music. It's really good, but it's tied to Lost Lore. Apparently the track is called "Trip" and man, was it a trip when I heard it last night. I can't remember what game it reminds me of. Maybe Final Fantasy XIV or The Last Story. The little water effects that pop up during the piece makes it even better; it adds an ethereal feel to a majestic sounding piece. Now that I think about it, I wonder if the water is actually the cleaning solution that Sharena spilled or maybe it's the ink magically flowing back into the books. Whatever, here's the piece on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WsuVJ9qU0g.

I hope they add Trip to the Concert Hall. I would buy it so fast and set it as the home screen theme.

Oh, and Boey became a cheap, Close Counter, T-Adept unit yesterday. Cheap is subjective since dew was involved, but he's the second Close Counter unit I have after Takumi, he's my only 5* green -raven mage, and -raven and T-Adept makes him an easy pick to hard counter or wall most blues and colorless. Blue mages and healers not so much.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ye Trip is pretty nice. I assume it's going to be added eventually. They have to slowly release new tracks to keep Aether Resort feeling... Useful? Remind people it exists? idk

Also CYL3 is up and Mic is basically this year's B!Veronica or B!Lyn:

So hooray! We don't get another OP colorless unit, we get a strong/annoying green flying unit! Also I don't understand why she just doesn't -3 or -4 to all stats. -6 to atk/spd is super neat, but what's the point of having Penalty Doubler (instead of Penalty Damage) if it's just atk/spd for her prf B skill? Meh. Still works.

It gives her a reason to use Ploys since they aren't seeing much action these days. :secretkpop:

Forgot to link these beauties:

Three Houses' sidequests look incredibly deep and complicated. I hope I can get a hang of the side story... When I finally get the game ofc. :^(

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I beat Rise of the Tomb Raider several minutes ago. More like half an hour or maybe an hour before I finished typing up this post and posting it.
I don't know why, but it felt shorter than Tomb Raider (2013) and that's not true from play time according to Steam: Tomb Raider clocked at 18 hours while Rise of the Tomb Raider clocked at 42 hours. I think it might be because the endgame was shorter since I didn't realize that I was at the last level until I checked a guide to help with finding some of the challenge stuff which I'm so-so on since some things are hard to find like in the first game, there was an area where you had to find several mushrooms and that place was a dark swamp. Anyway, in the previous game, the endgame felt like a struggle and it worked thematically because of Lara being shipwrecked on a supernatural island and fighting to survive. At that point, everyone was tired. They wanted off the island and an end to their nightmares. With Rise of the Tomb Raider, I just felt like I was there and the game ended. It wasn't bad, but it didn't feel impactful.

I've talked about how I liked the first game and the second game because of how they feel like older adventure games like Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, and so on with the level exploration, puzzles, dungeons, etc., so I'll spare the details. So instead, I'll talk about what I didn't like about this game. It felt unpolished from a technical standpoint compared to the previous game. Visually, it's stunning, except for the character models. Enemy models look meh like in the previous game, but it makes sense since people wouldn't really pay attention to the mooks you mow down throughout the game. NPCs, however, is a problem. With the exception of very important NPCs, the other NPCs you interact with in the game stick out like a sore thumb and it's jarring. Glitches and crashes were uncommon. NPCs had animation glitches like I had someone T-pose on top of a chair, but if you talked to them, they would suddenly sit down and upon finishing their dialogue, and return to their T-pose. In a previous post, I think I talked about the game crashing. I didn't have it happen on startup like some people, but it was mostly in the village area in the forest where I'm guessing there might have been too much things in the area and today, during one of the fights leading up to the end. I don't think my system was overheating or anything and the game doesn't even drop frames that badly in these two situations. Instead, it suddenly freezes and the game closes. With reports on the startup crashes and these crashes, it adds onto the feel of Rise of the Tomb Raider seems like it was unpolished compared to Tomb Raider (2013).

Gameplay-wise, Death Cloud arrows are broken. The game gives you many weapons to choose from and they're all effective, but the bow just like in the previous game is arguably the best weapon. In Tomb Raider (2013), it was because stealth makes the game so easy and in the cases of forced firefights, your other weapons were fine, especially the pistol if you can land headshots consistently. Similar deal with Rise of the Tomb Raider, but since this game has enemy soldiers being more well-equipped as they were stationed in the areas Lara travels instead of being survivors like her in Tomb Raider (2013), there were times you couldn't pierce through a helmet with an arrow or land a headshot with a gun. You had to get up close and carefully with those enemies. Problem is that none of the enemies in the game come with a gas mask, so you can just shoot a Death Cloud arrow and it will take out anyone who isn't a boss or bear because bears are apparently weapons surpassing Metal Gear walking tanks in this game. Tougher enemies will tank arrows, bullets, and sometimes explosions or at least live long enough to try to kill you if you light them on fire, but poison clouds? Yeah, we don't have any sort of defense against that. What makes it worse is that you can carry the same amount of Death Cloud arrows as you can explosive arrows and crafting them is pretty cheap and very fast if you picked up the skill for faster crafting.

That said, I still ended up playing the game like I did with Tomb Raider (2013). Bow, pistol, and melee stealth kills. Sometimes the assault rifle and shotgun in forced firefights and near the end of the game. The selection of bows was weird too. Except for a certain type of enemy that shows up very late in the game and animals, I don't think the different bows' damage mattered. Well, in general, damage didn't really matter if you could land a headshot. For aesthetics reasons, I mainly used the recurve and compound bows. The fluff ends on the upgraded horn bow looked silly to me. Recurve bow was the balanced bow that more or less gets outclassed by the upgraded and separate version of the horn bow, the compound bow was the high damage, slow draw bow, the horn bow was the low damage, fast draw bow, and the other horn bow was the same, but it did more damage than the recurve bow. Different bows, different weapons, for different situations, but I didn't feel like the situations were that different.

With all that said, I still do like the game and it I'm glad I caved into my I want to play more Tomb Raider after playing the 2013 reboot. That raises a curious question, though. While I do look forward to playing Shadows of the Tomb Raider eventually, I entered the Tomb Raider series with the 2013 reboot. I have never played the older games and those games had a reboot themselves with the third entry or so. To use Metal Gear as a comparison point, Lara in the older games was like Solid Snake. From the get-go, she looks like she's cool, badass, and sure of herself. In the reboot, she's more like Raiden as a newbie where you walk together with her from the start of her journey from a naive, innocent, and green person and see her transform into the Tomb Raider she was meant to be. At the same time, you also see as she realizes she has become a killing machine and experience the traumas with her. Lara of the older games, like Solid Snake, whether or not she dwelled or revealed those experiences, depends because at that point, they're already hardened and experienced protagonists. And of course, they're going to be different games. They're much older games and probably had a different design philosophy compared to the recent Tomb Raider games. To wrap this up, I wonder how I will feel with playing the older Tomb Raider games and how I will feel about pre-reboot Lara compared to reboot Lara.

As for FEH, the TT unit was revealed early on the meet the heroes page of the official website. Now she's officially revealed with the daily reset. No, it is not an Anna alt or an Anna sister. It's someone who already is in the game, but not her regular self. It's also another lance flier because of course we needed another lance flier. Oh, and she doesn't have a personal weapon because why would a TT unit following the CYL3 heroes actually be special. Man, imagine if it was Seliph, Sigurd, or Leif. People would have been hella mad. That said, I like Sigrun and hearing Megan Lee's performance as her Ylgr is hilarious, Yune is both parts hilarious and fitting since Yune isn't actually a child, but a floating poncho, and bride Sigrun's voice is soothing to hear. If only bride Sigrun showed up on her banner. Oh well, at least I get regular Sigrun because everyone gets a regular Sigrun. Speaking of likely to be shafted lance fliers, I summoned my first Thea yesterday as my freebie from the healing skills banner. There wasn't a green orb to chance for green Olwen, so I picked blue and Thea finally showed up. She's +Atk, -Res and a 4*. Forgot what her stats were like and yeah... The best thing I think she can carve for herself in the competitive lance flier field is being like Camilla and Selena as mixed bulk units with decent speed.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Managed to pull 3/4 CYL banner units they are all -atk or -spd. Can’t believe I saved up 100 orbs for this ****.

;____;

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Shantae 5's official title was revealed yesterday as Shantae and the Seven Sirens: https://wayforward.com/wayforward-r...new-details-for-shantae-and-the-seven-sirens/. Some screenshots of the new game being developed were shown including one that showed off a new transformation. Her sprite looks the same as Half-Genie Hero which considering the they're apparently hand-painted, makes sense since it would be very time consuming and expensive to make new sprites and animate them all. The King of Fighters XII and XIII come to mind. I still need to pick up Half-Genie Hero and the older titles one day.

Also, apparently your palico in Monster Hunter World can dance now. Well, maybe they could always dance, but Iceborne showed it off and it's unsettling and funny. Here's the official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_tkoBHgeM.

As for FEH, I think I'm getting to the point where I'm getting so many exclusive 5* units that they're causing space issues now. I did a quick count of them including guaranteed 5* units like the TT units and excluding duplicates and they make up roughly 23% of my 600 total maximum barracks space. I think I'm going to be forced to expand my barracks soon because of this.

So, the CYL3 heroes and Sigrun. Their stats were known in the channel update and later their official trailer, so let's jump to their assets and flaws. Mainly using this link as a source for Sigrun's stats, but the CYL3 heroes are on there: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cr222e/brave_echoes_sigrun_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

CYL Alm has an attack superasset and no superflaws. With +Atk bumping him up to 42 base Atk and Dracofalchion's 19 Mt after the Atk+3 effect, CYL Alm has 61 Atk. Scendscale's deals 25% of his attack means he's guaranteed 15 damage. =Atk Alm would have 57 Atk and deal 14 damage instead. It's one damage, but considering he guarantees damage and can stack attack with buffs and a seal, going for +Atk would probably be worth it. Fortunately, he can't run Distant Counter, Death Blow, or whatever A passive and Scendscale because it is an A passive, but the new TT is making Sturdy Blow a seal or he can run Atk+3, Atk/X+2, or Brazen Atk/X as a seal.

CYL Camilla has a resistance superasset and a HP superflaw, CYL Eliwood has no superasset and HP and resistance superflaws, and CYL Micaiah has HP and attack superassets and speed and defense superflaws. CYL Micaiah shares the same superflaws as regular Micaiah and all three version of Micaiah currently in the game have a HP superasset.

Sigrun is a bag of surprises.
Unsurprisingly, her stat spread isn't anything different from most of the lance fliers currently in the game, but surprisingly, she doesn't have gen 2 melee flier BST, instead, she has gen 3 melee flier BST. Sigrun has 37 HP, 32 Atk, 36 Spd, 28 Def, and 34 Res giving her 167 BST and because it will be important for comparisons, her level 1 stats are 18 HP, 8 Atk, 10 Spd, 4 Def, and 10 Res. This means that her HP, Spd, and Res will increase by 5 with 10 merges giving her 42 HP, 36 Atk, 41 Spd, 32 Def, and 39 Res.

Compared to her bride self, +2 HP, +1 Atk, -2 Spd, +1 Def, and +3 Res and also being in a very competitive and overpopulated pool of lance fliers. She's mainly being compared to Cynthia, Sumia, Thea, and kind of Shigure and also Florina, but I feel like Clair is the closest in stat spread. Compared to Clair, +5 Atk, +4 Def, and +1 Res which essentially makes her a gen 3 Clair with an actual attack stat and average defense. She doesn't and probably won't have a weapon like Rhomphaia, but that also means she's more flexible than Clair in being able to use different weapons more easily rather than depending on the really great effects of being able to deal effective damage to two movement types.

Compared to Cynthia, -1 HP, -1 Spd, +1 Def, and +5 Res which is kind of fine, but still sucks for Cynthia and Thea for that matter who were recently introduced. Cynthia's going to be sightly better offensively and her defenses are all right for what they are. To clarify on the offenses, Cynthia's highest level 1 stats are HP, Atk, and Spd, so they will go up by 5 with 10 merges and her +10 stats will be 43 HP, 37 Atk, 42 Spd, 31 Def, and 33 Res. It's very costly, but in the end, Cynthia would have 1 more HP, attack, and speed compared to Sigrun at the cost of 1 defense and 6 resistance.

Compared to Sumia, -2 HP, +3 Atk, -3 Spd, -1 Def, and +9 Res. Offensively, +Atk, -Spd Sumia, but defensively, Sigrun has much higher resistance than Sumia. The speed, difference, however, does let Sumia stand out as being speed defense and sort of resistance tank if you invest into her speed. Sumia still has the highest base neutral speed of all lance fliers with the next fastest being spring Marisa who has 38 base neutral speed, but she's more on physical bulk as she traded 4 Res and 1 Def for 3 HP compared to Sumia. The most comparable lance flier in stats probably has to be Cynthia who is like a +Res, -Spd Sumia, but as a GHB unit, that means she can't go for +Spd making Sumia a better speed tank at the cost of lower resistance.

Compared to Thea, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, -3 Def, and +6 Res. At least Thea's summonable, but yeah. Thea specializes in physical defense more, but at the cost of some offenses and significantly lower resistance.

Compared to Florina, -5 HP, +3 Atk, +9 Spd, and +3 Def. Defensively, it kind of makes sense to compare Florina, but they're different enough given their speed difference. With Florina's unique refined lance, compared to Sigrun with her default Reprisal Lance, and on defense against melee units, the differences would be more like a lack of effective damage against armors, -8 HP, +5 Atk, +5 Spd, -1 Def, and -4 Res. The HP difference is of course against all units, but against melee units, Florina trades offenses for defenses

Stopped at six full summons for now. The game totally does not want me summoning CYL Eliwood with blue orbs being very scarce.
3* Eliwood: +Def, -Res.

3* Matthew: +HP, -Atk.

5* CYL Micaiah: +Atk, -Def. She was the only green orb and she was my first summon of that session. I did not expect her to show up and figured that there would have been a catch like she was going to be -Atk, -Spd, or -Res. Nope, she's like CYL Veronica, but the only problem is if she does end up being the F2P pick, then it will be harder to use this Micaiah since she I can't simply slap on Fortress Def 2 -- she has a +Atk superasset like CYL Alm -- and call it a day because she doesn't have an open A slot and she's probably going to need to use some sort of seal. Also, totally disappointed that sprite Yune doesn't show up when Micaiah activates her special. It's shown in the art, but not on the sprite work.

3* Sakura: +HP, -Spd.

4* Seliph: +Res, -Spd.

3* Hana: +Spd, -HP.

3* Leon #1: +Res, -HP. I was totally expecting a third Lissa instead of Leon thankfully.

3* Lissa #1: +Atk, -HP.

3* Lissa #2: +Def, -Spd.

4* Ogma: +Atk, -Spd. I just want a +Spd, -Res Ogma, game...

4* Athena: +Res, -Def.

4* Fae #1: +Spd, -HP.

4* Odin #1: +Atk, -HP.

3* Soleil: +HP, -Spd.

4* Tailtiu: +HP, -Spd.

4* Eirika: +Res, -Spd.

4* Gordin: +HP, -Def.

4* Leon #2: +Def, -Atk.

4* Leon #3: +Res, -HP.

4* Merric: +HP, -Def.

4* Ares: +Res, -Spd.

4* Hawkeye: +Def, -HP.

4* Lon'qu: +Def, -Res.

4* Marth: +Res, -Def.

4* Odin #2: +Spd, -Res.

4* Fae #2: +Spd, -Def.

5* Myrrh: +Def, -Atk. That was a surprise. I forgot she was still in the regular summoning pool of new heroes banners. She was myrrged into my first Myrrh. No more -Res.

3* Odin: +Atk, -HP.

3* Reinhardt: +HP, -Res.

3* Sully: +Spd, -Atk.

Edti: What even is CYL Camilla's attack voice clip? It sounds like a bird screech. Reminds me of one of Greil's Devoted Titania's injured voice clip, but more weird and less of someone's probably going to make a sound like that if they were getting shanked.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Managed to pull 3/4 CYL banner units they are all -atk or -spd. Can’t believe I saved up 100 orbs for this ****.

;____;
Sis, you could just use your free pick for a merge to erase the bane. That's what I did for my Micaiah. So now she's +res with no bane. :^)

But most of them are IV proof because of boosted BST and combat stat boosts. So it's all good.

The only one I could see being bad is a -atk Micaiah since she pretty much needs to 1HKO targets.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Sis, you could just use your free pick for a merge to erase the bane. That's what I did for my Micaiah. So now she's +res with no bane. :^)

But most of them are IV proof because of boosted BST and combat stat boosts. So it's all good.

The only one I could see being bad is a -atk Micaiah since she pretty much needs to 1HKO targets.
My Micaih is -Atk +Spe >_>

:150:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Brave Micaih + Brave Camilla + L! Azura + Bulky Sword Flier takes a massive dump on single player content btw.

Also, what do y’all use ur 15 team slots btw?

:150:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Infinity Train is also interesting. I suppose the Adventure Time/Steven Universe formula of "occasional seriousness or twisted crap is OK for kids if there's cute companions, cartoony voices, or bright colors." OK KO occasionally strays in to that territory too. Anyway, OK KO is getting cancelled. But at least they were given a heads up so they can wrap things up.

I'm grateful for these shows because there's no adult-shows on that's worth watching. Well, except Judge Judy, America's Court, Judge Karen, Judge Mablean, Hot Bench, etc. But they're mostly reruns atm. Quick note: Judge Judy and Judge Mablean are 2 gorls all Zelda mains should aspire to be. #fact :^)

Anyway, what have you gorls been watching lately?
It feels like a weird consequence of cartoons gaining legitimacy in a lot of ways. Like, you brought up AT and SU, but I think about the old Batman and X-Men cartoons, Courage the Cowardly Dog, even stuff like Freakazoid! and Invader Zim and really have to wonder if they'd be broadcastable today. It's like, by paving the way for cartoons to further evolve as a platform, it's also forced regulation that either (a) can smother it's imagination or (b) get it aged locked out of the demographic that would have been watching it had it come out even a decade earlier.

I've been trying to get through season 2 of The Good Place for...seven months. I just haven't been able to watch much television due to work

Also been really hoping to catch up on "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" when I finally have a chance

I know why I don't likw the new Zelda. It's her eyes. too big. Also she looka bubbly.
I think it means you don't like Champagne.

Really looking forward to River City Girls. It still doesn't have a Steam or GOG page yet and I wished it did since I feel like I might forget about it. The game's on my radar, but it's not super on there.
I dunno, the trailer for it just makes me gleeful.

Are you a bad enough gorl to rescue your bf?

;____;
Got a single +HP/-RES B!Camilla in 160 orbs.

After so long I completely forgot how merciless an average 4-person banner at the original chance rate is.

Brave Micaih + Brave Camilla + L! Azura + Bulky Sword Flier takes a massive dump on single player content btw.
I think I've beaten every daily GHB mission by placing Fallen!Tiki somewhere and ending my turn.

Outside of Abyssal difficulty on LHB and some Infernals (because **** reinforcements) and maybe some of the more difficult GHBs, the latest units curb stomp a lot of the game by statline and base skills alone.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. My birthday came and went, I am now 26.

I feel indifferent, but I'm a step closer to death. :V

Might as well go over what I got and what happened over the course of the week. First off, got a bunch of stuff I wasn't expecting from my parents.
Firstly I got were two shirts (An anime girl peering through a rip of a shirt. And one of Sonic The Hedgehog), a Super Mario Mug and two small plushes of Mario & Luigi and a 25th Anniversary plush of Sonic.

I also finally got One Punch Man S1 on DVD now. And I also got Grandia HD Collection on Switch. :yeahboi: (Which I'll give my thoughts of another time. But let's just say while I was hyped for it, there are bugs and glitches found for it.) And I even gotten a bunch of anime as well. Firstly was Season 1 of Log Horizon, the Chuunibyou Movie and finally...

A Seasons 1 - 4 DVD Box Set of the Digimon Anime. To put it in perspective.

205 Episodes on 32 Discs. Combining Digimon Adventure, 02, Tamers and Fusion.

Let that sink in. I was surprised by that, and they even had a DVD Box Set of the Digimon Adventure Tri movies too. I wish I could've gotten that too, but I didn't have enough on me. Maybe another time, but god damn. I am very happy with finding that.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It feels like a weird consequence of cartoons gaining legitimacy in a lot of ways. Like, you brought up AT and SU, but I think about the old Batman and X-Men cartoons, Courage the Cowardly Dog, even stuff like Freakazoid! and Invader Zim and really have to wonder if they'd be broadcastable today. It's like, by paving the way for cartoons to further evolve as a platform, it's also forced regulation that either (a) can smother it's imagination or (b) get it aged locked out of the demographic that would have been watching it had it come out even a decade earlier.

I've been trying to get through season 2 of The Good Place for...seven months. I just haven't been able to watch much television due to work

Also been really hoping to catch up on "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" when I finally have a chance
A lot of those older cartoons did help, but most cartoons were too busy trying to cater to 1 or 2 groups instead of as many people as possible. I also forgot to mention My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Which is the one that really drew in a crowd of all kinds. And helped loosen that stupid gender-division cartoons tend to have "LEL BOIS GET TESTOSTERONE POISON AND GORLS GET ALL THE FEELS, NO CROSS CONTAMINATION, JAJAJAJAJAJA WE R GENIUSES!!!"

Thanks to those cartoon's wild success, we were able to get many cartoons that copy the same structure. Which is really just putting TLC into a cartoon and making characters more than Two-Trope-Terrys.

Like, the most recent iteration of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is easily the best thanks to following the above examples. The boys actually have different personalities instead of 75% the same personality with 25% different-quirk. They also look different so you can easily tell them apart without needing to look for a bandanna or weapon. And ofc the VAs are perfect (lmao John Cena as one of the main bad guys thoooooooooo).

ANYWAY ENOUGH ABOUT CARTOONS, LET'S DISCUSS NORMAL ADULT THINGS SUCH AS TAXES AND SOAP OPERAS. JAJAJAJAJAJA sike.

The Office will always be a good show, with the only downfall being fans overhype it far too much. And the 1st season is kinda garbo since everyone's flanderized, 2nd season onward is great since they tone down the annoyingness by quite a lot.

Good Place is great ofc. Great actors, great work, great concept. It's rare to find a dark dramedy that doesn't find itself diving into the drama/serious side of itself.

Unbreakable Kimmy is amazing too. Much more silly, as Tina Fey's work often is, but still great. imo it had to be silly because it's hard to take that kind of concept and make it a dramedy without being a little extra on the silly/comedy aspect. I'm glad the series got an official ending. It was so stupidly heart warming and all the characters were likable.

Grey's Anatomy is pretty much a Soap Opera if it were written with having likable characters in mind. And isn't allergic to humor.

Orange Is The New Black is a hit or miss show. Some seasons are better than others.

GLOW is AMAZING of course. A dramedy about strong sassy ladies who are the pioneers of women in wrestling and helped shape wrestling into what it is today? 10/10 I still need to watch the 3rd season tho. There's too much to watch omfg.

Welp. My birthday came and went, I am now 26.

I feel indifferent, but I'm a step closer to death. :V

Might as well go over what I got and what happened over the course of the week. First off, got a bunch of stuff I wasn't expecting from my parents.
Firstly I got were two shirts (An anime girl peering through a rip of a shirt. And one of Sonic The Hedgehog), a Super Mario Mug and two small plushes of Mario & Luigi and a 25th Anniversary plush of Sonic.

I also finally got One Punch Man S1 on DVD now. And I also got Grandia HD Collection on Switch. :yeahboi: (Which I'll give my thoughts of another time. But let's just say while I was hyped for it, there are bugs and glitches found for it.) And I even gotten a bunch of anime as well. Firstly was Season 1 of Log Horizon, the Chuunibyou Movie and finally...
Happy belated Bday sis. Nice haul. :^)

Unfortunately I do not have Yuri, but I do have whatever this is:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
A lot of those older cartoons did help, but most cartoons were too busy trying to cater to 1 or 2 groups instead of as many people as possible. I also forgot to mention My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Which is the one that really drew in a crowd of all kinds. And helped loosen that stupid gender-division cartoons tend to have "LEL BOIS GET TESTOSTERONE POISON AND GORLS GET ALL THE FEELS, NO CROSS CONTAMINATION, JAJAJAJAJAJA WE R GENIUSES!!!"

Thanks to those cartoon's wild success, we were able to get many cartoons that copy the same structure. Which is really just putting TLC into a cartoon and making characters more than Two-Trope-Terrys.
Hard disagree, there.

There was nothing Two-Trope-Terry about Batman:TAS, The Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, PPGs, X-Men and plenty of other cartoons of that era. And we can even look at things at a somewhat larger scope and throw in things like the Muppet Show and The Simpsons that have always has mass appeal to all genders and age demographics.

That's why MLP is best compared to it's most immediate analog; Young Justice. Both critically acclaimed shows that blew up with an unexpected demographic, but one of them continued on and the other was canceled. The reason for this is that these shows differ from the ones I mentioned above by being merchandise-driven cartoons as opposed to story-driven cartoons.

MLP blowing up with adult males was great for Hasbro because adult males have disposable income. Young Justice blowing up with pre/adolescent girls was bad for DC because, however much the girl may want one, Auntie Tammy / her best friend's mom / Grandma / etc aren't going to buy her an action figure.

Like, the most recent iteration of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is easily the best thanks to following the above examples.
...You mean the one where they're all literally the same person?

And that's ignoring yet another revamp of April. At this rate the next TMNT reboot she'll be a toddler who falls down into the sewers.

The Office will always be a good show, with the only downfall being fans overhype it far too much. And the 1st season is kinda garbo since everyone's flanderized, 2nd season onward is great since they tone down the annoyingness by quite a lot.
Parks and Rec season 2 onward tho

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
115 orbs to get another 5* from the CYL. But it was a +spd/-def Ranulf.

Me trying to keep my **** together and not spam EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE irl and on forums:
Prof Ven1.png

The only husbando I haven't summoned yet is Keaton and the only waifu is B!Camilla. Now for some tragic news, I had to sacrifice my Serra to Brady for the Close Counter+Wrathful Staff fodder she had. :^(

inb4 "o hey September's 4 prfs+refines includes Serra and she gets a 14mt Absorb+ with built-in Vantage and Bond Atk/Spd huehuehuehue."

Hard disagree, there.

There was nothing Two-Trope-Terry about Batman:TAS, The Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, PPGs, X-Men and plenty of other cartoons of that era. And we can even look at things at a somewhat larger scope and throw in things like the Muppet Show and The Simpsons that have always has mass appeal to all genders and age demographics.

That's why MLP is best compared to it's most immediate analog; Young Justice. Both critically acclaimed shows that blew up with an unexpected demographic, but one of them continued on and the other was canceled. The reason for this is that these shows differ from the ones I mentioned above by being merchandise-driven cartoons as opposed to story-driven cartoons.

MLP blowing up with adult males was great for Hasbro because adult males have disposable income. Young Justice blowing up with pre/adolescent girls was bad for DC because, however much the girl may want one, Auntie Tammy / her best friend's mom / Grandma / etc aren't going to buy her an action figure.
ye u rite

...You mean the one where they're all literally the same person?

And that's ignoring yet another revamp of April. At this rate the next TMNT reboot she'll be a toddler who falls down into the sewers.
**** sis u rite, I can't tell any of the turtles apart :secretkpop:
But to be fair, TMNT were all the same base with different accessories/weapons. Probably to save money in terms of animation costs and toy-making costs.
Although in this day 'n' age, it's just pure laziness and the only thing stopping them from doing a redesign was MUH NOSTALGIA!!!

At least with each iteration the boys slowly became different people. They really went all in with this iteration. April has also gotten better with each iteration imo. The other Aprils seem to have a 2nd reason to help them, follow them, or just deal with them besides "I 100% want to actually be here." This April is like 20% of each of the boys' personality (and 20% of her own) so it's feasible she'd actually be all of their friends if they were normal humans. Although I'm just a tad bothered that they didn't tell us how this April met these turtle bois. But it's pretty obvious she hung out with them long enough to pick up some ninja garbo. Or she's just a hardcore weeaboo. It's a mystery~

So far this April isn't a capable katana wielding warrior or magic user. I hope it stays that way. She doesn't need to be a secret Goddess or whatever to fit in with the boys. They did give her a semi-teleporting companion tho, but I'll allow it.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

There are some many games. For example, the weird, sci-fi viking horror game I mentioned in that post? Apsulov: End of Gods was released on August 8th, a week before that post, when I thought it would be released much later or something. And speaking of beat 'em ups, Streets of Rage 4 is another game that looks rad. I was reminded of its existence when I checked Nintendo Life and saw an article of it while typing up this post.

As for other games, I beat Trine: Enchanted Edition a few minutes ago. It was all right. I have the second game, so I'll play that eventually, but I wasn't feeling the first game that much. One thing I liked about it was that it reminded me of Fable with its aesthetics and humor that came up every now and again.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
**** sis u rite, I can't tell any of the turtles apart :secretkpop:
But to be fair, TMNT were all the same base with different accessories/weapons. Probably to save money in terms of animation costs and toy-making costs.
Although in this day 'n' age, it's just pure laziness and the only thing stopping them from doing a redesign was MUH NOSTALGIA!!!
Visual distinction ain't no substitute for character distinction goooorl. If you gave me the EP1 script for that show vs the old 2003 TMNT and blacked out the names, I'd most likely be able to tell you who said what for every line in the 2003 version. The new series? Yeahno, lots of funny jokes with good animation but the people telling them are basically interchangeable.

That's not a bad thing mind you, but I hadn't seen that sort of uniformity between which turtle was which since Vanilla Ice was singing about them, visual redesign or not.

The other Aprils seem to have a 2nd reason to help them, follow them, or just deal with them besides "I 100% want to actually be here." This April is like 20% of each of the boys' personality (and 20% of her own) so it's feasible she'd actually be all of their friends if they were normal humans.
That was largely because the other Aprils were traditionally not 15 or younger and meets them via her connections with the Foot Clan, whether as a news reporter investigating them or a scientist unknowingly working for them.

She always had a life outside of the turtles plots, acting as the audience surrogate / outsider to ninjas and mutants down in the sewers of NYC, as opposed to being a Scrappy-Doo mascot. And even that isn't a bad thing inherently, but for some reason the on thing reboots like this are more adverse to than massive redesigns is just...making a new character. She could just as easily not be April O'Neill.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

I think it means you don't like Champagne.

Got a single +HP/-RES B!Camilla in 160 orbs.

After so long I completely forgot how merciless an average 4-person banner at the original chance rate is.

I think I've beaten every daily GHB mission by placing Fallen!Tiki somewhere and ending my turn.

Outside of Abyssal difficulty on LHB and some Infernals (because **** reinforcements) and maybe some of the more difficult GHBs, the latest units curb stomp a lot of the game by statline and base skills alone.
Never had Champagne. Don't think I ever seen a bottle in the liquorstore

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just binge watched Forever Twelve and it was entertaining I guess. Typical mildly-wholesome/mostly silly cartoon with serious or awful undertones. Having Antony Del Rio voice a main character was super neat ofc. It would've been hilarious if they could've gotten Palutena's VA to voice Todd's stepmom. BUT ANYWAY!

With any series I try to find screenshots of the most expressive or weird faces, which in F12's case, was the Butt Witch. She also had a green face/purple-ish hair which is 3x good color. It was an EZ pick. But I totally didn't realize the gravity of the situation. Which is par for the course. :^)

Me entering "Forever Twelve Butt Witch" into Google image search:
BW3.jpg

Me after hitting enter, remembering that humans are gross and we're not allowed to have 100% G-rated things:
BW2.jpg

I have already called 911, don't worry. They will arrest the entire Internet when they get here. Just y'all wait.

Visual distinction ain't no substitute for character distinction goooorl. If you gave me the EP1 script for that show vs the old 2003 TMNT and blacked out the names, I'd most likely be able to tell you who said what for every line in the 2003 version. The new series? Yeahno, lots of funny jokes with good animation but the people telling them are basically interchangeable.

That's not a bad thing mind you, but I hadn't seen that sort of uniformity between which turtle was which since Vanilla Ice was singing about them, visual redesign or not.

That was largely because the other Aprils were traditionally not 15 or younger and meets them via her connections with the Foot Clan, whether as a news reporter investigating them or a scientist unknowingly working for them.

She always had a life outside of the turtles plots, acting as the audience surrogate / outsider to ninjas and mutants down in the sewers of NYC, as opposed to being a Scrappy-Doo mascot. And even that isn't a bad thing inherently, but for some reason the on thing reboots like this are more adverse to than massive redesigns is just...making a new character. She could just as easily not be April O'Neill.
Sis, pls, similar designs are OK, but it's when the designs carry through multiple series or iterations that it starts to get lame. They got a pass because the designers forgot other turtles existed until now. At least they tried to change the brothers' builds a bit. The current version just happened to go all out.

tbh I do agree with the April rebooting = lame. They could easily create more characters. I think they are relying more on April's name being a code word for the series instead of an actual character. "Oh it's an April episode, expect either lots of coinky dinks that lead into trouble or she goes lookin for trouble and finds it or... Maybe, just maybe, a totally 'normal' episode. WHO KNOWS???"

Also, ofc the new bois' base personalities are interchangeable. They're all teenagers and also brothers, it'd only make sense if they were 50% alike. I was initially unhappy with Leo's total personality change for pure nostalgia reasons. But... Raph and Leo were essentially the same bois, with the main difference being Raph = EZ2ANGERY and then does the opposite of what he should be doing. So it's k now.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Just popping in to say with Nintendo going crazy over music on YT, if DeoxysPrime's channel goes down then I'm reuploading Wonderful 101's ost myself. It's not like they'll remember that that game exists anyways :colorful: please play the wonderful 101
Did they ever add season 3 to Netflix? I'm without Netflix for the moment so I wouldn't know.
Doesn't look like it. And for Hulu, they only have 5 random episodes up, and there's some kind of notice that looks like they'll be gone next week anyways. Oops.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Grandia fans?

So I've been playing a bunch of Grandia II again after so long. It feels good to be playing it again, and while I do like it and I think it's a fantastic game. It's not my favourite of all time, that still goes to the original Grandia. Which I think is amazing.

And I might as well talk about the plot, characters and boss fights akin to a novel. :yeahboi:

A standard story of Good and Evil, but its battle system is amazing. With six colourful characters that can join your party.

Ryudo - A 17 year old Geohound (A Mercenary in their world) from the Island of Garlan, who lost his trust in everyone three years prior thanks to his brother Melfice.
Elena - A 17 year old Songstress of Granas from Carbo Village, ends up with the Wings of Valmar inside her after failing the Sealing Ceremony at Gramia Tower. She develops feelings for Ryudo.
Millenia - A mysterious woman who is the Wings of Valmar. Claims Ryudo as her own upon their first encounter. She eventually falls in love with Ryudo.
Roan - A 13 year old boy from the Kingdom of Cyrum, reveals to be the Prince and eventually King of Cyrum.
Mareg - A Beast-Man in his late 30s from Nanan Village. Went on a quest to kill Melfice for attacking his village. He originally confused Ryudo for Melfice because of his scent.
Tio - A precious cinnamon roll An Automata that Ryudo, Millenia, Roan and Mareg rescue from an Underground Factory underneath Cyrum Palace. Has no emotions but slowly begins to develop said emotions.

And the boss fights are quite interesting and have some good bangers.

1. Millenia - An impossible boss fight. Knows Burn!, Stram and Zap!.
2. Durham Minotaur - A simple boss fight. Has two minions with it named Troglodytes, has a strong Solo Target skill named Tornado Horn. Best to have Sleep Resistance for this due to the Troglodytes having a Skill that causes Sleep.
3. Beast-Man - 1st encounter with Mareg as a boss. He will always target Ryudo first, so it's best to keep Ryudo healthy during this fight. A simple fight.

4. Tongue of Valmar - The actual 1st Valmar boss fight you'll run into. Possessing the Mayor of Liligue City, Garan. Has four targetable parts, knows Burnflame, Freeze!, Glutonny, Starving Tongue, Giant Leap and Snooze. Defeating the Tongue will unlock Starving Tongue for Millenia. Not a hard fight, but can go downhill if you don't know what you're doing.

5. Valmar's Eye - Possessing the little girl Aira from Mirumu Village who is blind. This fight. SUCKS. The first boss you'll encounter to have over 9999 HP (Any monster with HP above that has ???? HP). Allied by four Eyebats which are incredibly fast and can cast Delta Burst. Best to bring Sleep and Poison Resistance. Valmar's Eye knows Pollen Spew, Crackle and Spellbounding Eye. Its Left Tendrill can use Sleep Seed, the right can use Poison Seed. Defeating it unlocks Spellbounding Eye for Millenia.

6. Valmar's Claw - Possessing Tio who was assigned to guard the Factory under the Palace. Easier then the previous boss fight due to having no minions. Can cast magic which blocks Skills and Magic, best to bring Magic/Skill Block resistance. Can cast Tail Piercer, Infernal Sigh, Gravity and Avenging Claw. The Left Arm can cast Thunder Bullet and Healert. The Right can cast Ice Bullet and Fiora. Millenia unlocks Avenging Claw after defeating it, her final skill.

7. Melfice #1 - The 1st encounter with Ryudo's brother. Technically impossible to beat, but can be beaten with the Bone Harp and buffing Ryudo's Attack. Made of three parts. Melfice himself, Regenerator and Sword. However, you're supposed to lose to him, you gain nothing for beating him except bragging rights.

8. Crimson Tail x2 - An easy boss fight compared to the others, you really need to be trying to fail this one if you want to lose badly. Knows Scissors Storm and Phantom Echo.

9. Melfice #2 - The 2nd encounter with Ryudo's brother, possessed by the Horns of Valmar. Same fight as before, except you can actually damage him without relying on the Bone Harp. Melfice can cast Evil Horn Attack, Wailing Soul Slash, Demon Horde Slash, Poizn, Tremor and Quake. The Regenerator can cast WOW!, Runner, Speedy, Gravity, Diggin' and Shhh!. Defeating Melfice unlocks Sky Dragon Slash for Ryudo, his final skill.

10. Leck Guardian - Allied with two Snow Leopards. Similar to the Durham Minotaur fight, can used Buster Horn. Snow Leopards can used Crackle, Freeze! and Cold.

11. Naga Queen x2 - Another easy boss fight. They know Freezing Eye, Blizzard Edge and Fiora.

12. Tio Clone - An easy fight against her. She is incredibly fast just like Tio, and has the same skills as her. However, one of her skills "Gale", is just a renamed Howl. She knows Lotus Flower, Tornado, Shhh! and Gale (Howl).

13. Valmar's Body - Resides underneath the Granasaber. This one sucks too. Literally. Consists of three parts: The main body, and two Tentacles. The main body can cast Poizn, Zap!, Fiora, Zap All and Strangulation. It also knows Suck In which pulls the entire party towards it and allows the Tentacles to do big damage and can Cancel your Actions. Best to bring Poison Resistance.

13.5. - Granas Knight x4 - No real comment on them. They deal a lot of damage and that's it.

14. - Valmar's Heart - The final piece of Valmar. Resides in High Priestess Selene who kills herself to awaken it. A really easy boss fight that is perfect for Tio and her Lotus Flower Skill. Made of three parts. The Main body, Left Eye and Right Eye. Main Body can cast Black Spew, Aorta Pummel and a All Target attack of swords.

I think I got about 6 more bosses left and then the game is done? But still, I am enjoying it.

I do recommend getting the Grandia HD Collection on the eShop. It's fun and the RPGs are great.

Also, I got Legacy of the Duelist on Switch now and I'm thinking of making a Gravekeeper's Deck, just wanna get that Link Monster that gives buffs to all DARK Attribute monsters.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My cat when I'm trying to sleep (recorded from 1st person PoV; colorized)

Anyway, gorls, it's official (spoiler ahead)! SYMMETRA IS ZELDA USING DISGUISE MAGIC!!! The obvious hints before this were her risky kit, fragility, and awful core design, as well as the sass+elegance. But now we have definitive proof. She finally became sorta viable, so they had to nerf her without giving any buffs. Because the only way Zeldas are allowed to exist is if they're barely-viable or just trash in general. :^)

:^)

1st brigitte's 200hp shield nerf and role queue making hybrids more desirable and now this bad change. blizzard if you get any worse you'll become a part of SmUsh's balance team!!! A fate worse than death ofc. :secretkpop:

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
You Zelda mains constantly want buffs. Yet seriously, facing your character makes me want to vomit. So oppressive. So, so oppressive. When using Ridley, I don’t feel I can do near anything. The ledgetrapping is disgusting. So much Down B Side B spam. Then standing on ledge, U smash while a fully charge phantom awaits. I really do not want to see this character buffed. Why? I understand the position of the balance team, it’s like buffing Ganondorf. The character is way too oppressive online that buffing her would seem to be a joke. Sorry, Zelda mains, but I agree with the balance team so far on this one. The character’s specials are silly annoying, making it ridiculously hard to get in. With Dr.Mario it felt basically impossible to win. If you’re not a character with high damage strings, and remember that Zelda is a light floaty, you just get hard camped if you don’t have a solid reflector, and many reflectors are grab bait. The Zelda main I recently faced also secondaries Ness. Coincidence? I think not. I feel this character just exists to annoy players. Sure, Zelda gets crushed by certain top tiers, but many mid tiers may as well double SD as soon as the match begins against a Zelda. If you’re incredulous at what I’m saying, how exactly do you beat Phantom traps? Or are you simply unable to without certain reflectors? The only situation where I’d be fine with Zelda getting some adjustments to her aerials, and buffs in general, is if all the other 30 mid tiers get what they need big time.

What answers can I expect? “Git Gud LoL.” “Just don’t play the game.” “Zelda isn’t that oppressive.” Please patch 5.0.0, let’s separate ourselves from the messes of the previous smash games, which people have become accustomed to and are eager to defend.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Me and the gorls at the Hispanic birthday party when someone says "The margarita pitcher is ready!" (rare event caught on video TODAY) (TRUE STORY) (NOT PHOTOSHOPPED) (LIKE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE) (SPOOKY DO NOT WATCH ALONE) (NOT CLICKBAIT!!!) (THIS IS SO US) (FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW LIKE FOR A LIKE) (LEAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO BELOW FOR A SURPRISE) (MAY CONTAIN ALLERGENS)

I was a sloppy gorl today but now I am sober. Eating tons of rice helps ofc. I made Spanish cheesecake which is literally Spain-ish and not Puerto Rican but close enough. My flan failed. Both tasted super good, but the flan was goop in the middle still because I made a T H I C C XL batch in the wrong type of pan like a dumb heaux. rip

You Zelda mains constantly want buffs. Yet seriously, facing your character makes me want to vomit. So oppressive. So, so oppressive. When using Ridley, I don’t feel I can do near anything. The ledgetrapping is disgusting. So much Down B Side B spam. Then standing on ledge, U smash while a fully charge phantom awaits. I really do not want to see this character buffed. Why? I understand the position of the balance team, it’s like buffing Ganondorf. The character is way too oppressive online that buffing her would seem to be a joke. Sorry, Zelda mains, but I agree with the balance team so far on this one. The character’s specials are silly annoying, making it ridiculously hard to get in. With Dr.Mario it felt basically impossible to win. If you’re not a character with high damage strings, and remember that Zelda is a light floaty, you just get hard camped if you don’t have a solid reflector, and many reflectors are grab bait. The Zelda main I recently faced also secondaries Ness. Coincidence? I think not. I feel this character just exists to annoy players. Sure, Zelda gets crushed by certain top tiers, but many mid tiers may as well double SD as soon as the match begins against a Zelda. If you’re incredulous at what I’m saying, how exactly do you beat Phantom traps? Or are you simply unable to without certain reflectors? The only situation where I’d be fine with Zelda getting some adjustments to her aerials, and buffs in general, is if all the other 30 mid tiers get what they need big time.

What answers can I expect? “Git Gud LoL.” “Just don’t play the game.” “Zelda isn’t that oppressive.” Please patch 5.0.0, let’s separate ourselves from the messes of the previous smash games, which people have become accustomed to and are eager to defend.
HunTy, puhleese.

We know Zelda is very polarizing. She is either a joke character or a gawdess of destruction. There are some fair matches for both sides, but not many.

Guess which side of the spectrum Pit/Dark Pit are on, tho? :secretkpop:

Funnily enough, we're sisters! Pit has roughly the same frame data as Zelda, except he trades fire power for actual disjoints and fatter hitboxes. Essentially, the feeling a Pit player has vs Zelda is how she felt vs 90% of the roster in any other Smash game. And about 50%+ of the roster in this game.

We're secretly sisters, sis. :secretkpop:

What to do:
Zelda using a special = use it as a chance for a free approach. Don't reflect what she has, just jump over Phantom or dodge Din. If she stupidly used FW or Naryu but doesn't hit you/you expected it, that's a possible punish. If it didn't hit you or your shield at all but you're close, free ez punish.

Zelda whiffed an attack = dash attack is your safest bet. Or ssff Nair. Since their frame data is around the same, neither side is going to get serious combos. And the fact she sends anyone flying past 30% means her only "scary" thing is the long-wind-up Farore's Wind 2.

Don't give her any stage control and most importantly keep her off the ground. Everything she has midair is either risky, requires stupid precision, and/or has dumb hitboxes. Her ground game or shff Nair is the safest thing she has, and even then, that's pretty awful. Don't try to aggressively edge-guard her either since she can snag you with Phantom Knight. Just harass her with your arrows nonstop. You can kill her with SideB by just making her whiff a Neutral B/Naryu's Love/etc... Which is so much easier than it sounds unless you're fighting a professional Zelda (someone so good that they can make Zelda seem good; basically if they were using a properly viable character it'd be 3-0 lmao).

Pit's main advantages = slightly better tilts in terms of speed or hitbox size. Actually-OK projectiles. Disjoints, however small they may seem at times. 1f faster grab. Pit has multiple jumps to bait Zelda, but you probably want to get to the ground asap so she has nowhere to land. Pit can actually land - Zelda is terrified of trying to land on stage and/or being off the ground for longer than 1 second lmao. Pit runs and walks much faster than her, so all you have to do is play dash dance games and wait for her to whiff Naryu's Love (her only panic button with extremely short range and a huuuuge window to setup a punish).

But TL;DR, Pit is so not the guy you wanna be vs Zelda. Especially an aggressive one. Anyone with medium-speed aerials and power has a not-so-fun time vs Zelda.

Zelda is wrecked by:
Anyone with medium or faster speed
Fast aerials or spammy aerials
Anyone with fast grabs (free damage or combo starter vs anything she whiffs)
Anyone with kill-confirms
Anyone with fast or strong ground game
Anyone with more reach (uh, so, like, almost the entire cast I guess)
Small hurtboxes
Anyone with good projectiles
Anyone with mixups
A player with strong fundamentals (it will be a long battle if it's JUST this setting you apart from Zelda)
Every single heavy hitter (technically evenly matched since they have big hurtboxes, BUT SHE'S A SLOW GLASS CANNON WITH NO REACH LMAO)

Snag 4 or more of the above and you have a Zelda counter, sis. :secretkpop:

Zelda slays the following heauxes:
slow gorls
big gorls
idiots who try to use reflector vs her instead of just approaching for free???
scared gorls
bad gorls (bad as in awful not bad as in O GORL U BAAAAAAAAD)

All of that nonsense aside, both Pit and Zelda need buffs. I'm not sure if they'll get them though. The devs seem to like Pit being the "all arounder but worse than Mario by quite a lot except for recovery distance" and they like Zelda being the "glass cannon who is also slow but has the reach, hitboxes, and durability that would only viably work on super speedy characters" ~ Super smart and fair design choices! :^)

We're trash sisters, gorl. :secrekpop:
:ultpit::ultwiifittrainer::ultrobin::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultvillager::ultzelda::ultvillagerf::ultkirby::ultkrool::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultrobinf::ultwiifittrainerm::ultdarkpit:

On the plus side, at least Zelda is the most glorious and "viable" of the trash children. So she is the obvious Trash Kween of Smashland and Trash Representative in the Smash Senate. kthnxbye :^)

ignoregrammarmistakesbecauseithinkimnotassoberasithinkiamyet idk what my excuse is any other time tho:secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

What would make you think anyone here actually mains Zelda?
If anything, we want her banned
ban•zelda

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently, I've been on Smashboards for 5 years. Where did I go wrong with my life?

And this is a thing now.

Y'know, what would be great? A Star Fox phone game.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' all? :ultzelda:

Been a few days since I last posted here. So I might as well go over some more stuff. :yeahboi:

First off. Lemme just show this and mention Lil Puddin Lil Puddin and Buddhahobo Buddhahobo to show the greatest thing to ever appear in BBTAG.

Footage of Chibi Blitztank

Even the lobbies won't be safe from the Thot Patrol!

Hakumen, Akatsuki and Blitztank are gonna go on patrol and purge BBTAG of the following Thots:

Ruby, Yang, Yuzuriha and Mitsuru. :secretkpop:

I'd put Yumi on the list too, but she hasn't won a major or oversaturated the meta yet. :V

Might as well go over that gacha I play and of course, Grandia 2 as well.

Dawn of the Breakers wise, they've brought back the HimeHina Banner so now I can attempt to get the remaining three Event SRs from that banner; thankfully, I did get one of them being Hime -Original-, now I just need Hina -Original- and HimeHina -Original-. And due to the game providing a bunch of Tickets, roughly around 40 - 50 I think. I can try my luck with getting those two. So fingers crossed.

I did however managed to get two Rare Carbuncles of Harmony. Which I then used to get my AniMare Official to Max Limit Break and same with my Subaru The Duck. So now those two are finished with. But I'll still need to get Hina and HimeHina. For those curious, they even did a promotion for it too.

Now onto Grandia 2! I am very close to finishing the game now, I got one more dungeon left to do and then that's it. And I found out there's a merchant that sells all of the available Seeds you'd sometimes get as drops in battle and items that give 1,000 Special and Magic Coins to buff Skills and Magic. So I might do some grinding to get some more Gold so I can afford the Special & Magic Coins in Birthplace of the Gods. And then once I've done that, I'll go and do the final dungeon.

It felt great playing Grandia 2 again, however I'm looking forward to playing the original Grandia more, as that is my favourite game of all time.

Oh, and I now got Legacy of the Duelist on Switch. So if anyone has it too and wants to duel me, just ask.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, that is just confusing. I finally got around to noting down Ultimate Falco's frame data for my spreadsheets and mainly to compare with his previous iterations' frame data. I don't know how accurate this is because it's the Smash wiki, but apparently Ultimate swapped the 366° and 367° autolink angles. That is to say, the 366° autolink angle in Ultimate functions like the 367° angle in Smash 4 while the 367° in Ultimate functions like the 366° angle in Smash 4. I was wondering what was up when I looked at the hit angle for his Fair's loop hits on Kurogane's site and it said 367° while in Smash 4, it was 366° and then I looked back at Nair's loop hits and remembering I think Lavani who found it a while ago and it's 366° in Ultimate when it was 367° in Smash 4.

Regardless, Fair seems to function like it did in Smash 4 while Nair doesn't connect as well in Ultimate compared to Smash 4. Why? I don't know. I'm chalking it up to how Ultimate runs compared to Smash 4. That being said, I would be curious what would happen if Nair's loop hits were to be given the 366° autolink angle. Maybe it would magically make it connect like it did in Smash 4 or maybe it wouldn't do a thing at all.

Speaking of which, I wonder how set knockback works in Ultimate compared to in past games. I'm guessing because of the knockback system -- the nicknamed balloon knockback -- that Ultimate has to make things faster paced is a factor. Ultimate Falco's Blaster has 20 set knockback, 10 times as much as in Smash 4, and while it only does 3%, the hit stun seems similarly short to in Smash 4. The knockback system is possibly also why he can't really combo from D-throw at low percents since its frame data is the exact same except for the setup hit has 80 instead of 100 base knockback, but that doesn't mean much since it's not the throwing hit. Falco does move slightly faster, but not fast enough compared to the change in how opponent's are launched assuming this is actually what's happening.

And now Falco stuff in the Zelda boards because why not. :p
For the most part, Falco's frame data outside of what was known with startup and total frame changes is similar to what it was in Smash 4 and also in Brawl and Melee. There were some adjustments like Up Smash and Side Smash's increased damage or Uair's reduced damage resulted in adjusted knockback so that they launched or worked like they did in previous games. Jab 1, jab 2, and Utilt's first hit's lower damage resulted in adjusted hit angles and knockback. Although, I do wish Up Smash and Side Smash kept their knockback values since it's not like they couldn't have been slightly stronger along with the +1%.

The noticeable changes would be Ftilt, Down Smash, Falco Phantasm, and believe it or not, Fire Bird. Ftilt was overhauled where it now has significant base knockback in addition to the previously known lowered recovery at the cost of reduced damage and knockback growth. From Smash 4 to Ultimate, 9% to 6%, 20 recovery frames to 17, 0 base to 42, and 100 growth to 60. So, it's safe on hit at 0 to low percents now, but that also means it can't cause resets due to the base knockback. It lost some utility for being a pure poke tool.

Down Smash finally lost its stupid 80° hit angle on the thigh hitboxes that existed since Melee. You would rarely hit with those hitboxes, but when you did hit with them, it was awful since it could have costed you a kill where you expected your opponent to fly horizontally, but was sent up and not that far. The hitboxes were changed from 80° to 25°, the same as Fox's sourspot hitboxes on his Down Smash. Why the sourspot hitboxes had an 80° hit angle is still a mystery.

Grounded Falco Phantasm was given a late hitbox which is a bit weird since it overlaps from the clean hit. Clean hit is 18-21 and the new late hit is 21-24. Previously, the ground, Falco Phantasm would sent the opponent up at 80° regardless of where you hit during Falco Phantasm. Now, they changed it so that the first half sends the opponent up at 104°, up and behind him, while the last half sends the opponent up at 93°, up and slightly behind. Knockback is also different going from 40 base and 100 growth to 83 base and 50 growth first half and 80 base and 50 growth last half. Not exactly sure why they did this and the move functions more or less like it did in the previous games including being able to confirm a Bair off of it.

Except for being worse as a recovery move and kill move than Fire Fox and Fire Wolf, Fire Bird was fixed in how it hits. The charge hits that used to send his opponent's out at 70° since Melee were changed to 110°, the exact same hit angle Smash 4 Fire Fox's charge hits have, which sends them into Falco. The launch and travel hits now incorporate airborne and ground targeting hitboxes where the airborne target hitboxes has 367° autolink hit angle, 60 base, and 60 growth while the ground target hitboxes has 80° for the launch hit and 65° for the travel hits, 80 set knockback, and 100 growth. Previously in Brawl and Smash 4, both the launch and travel hits had the same hitboxes. Launch hit sent at 361° with 40 base and 50 growth and travel hits used the 365° autolink angle with 30 base and 50 growth.

Some other moves would be dash attack, Dtilt, Fair, Dair, U-throw, and B-throw. Dash attack is the exact same as it was in Smash 4. Sure, buff or change all the other dash attacks, but not Falco's. Can it be stronger? Perhaps a closer middle ground to Fox's and Wolf's dash attacks or do something weird with its hit angle like make it send even more horizontally possibly getting close to a semi-spike if you hit someone near the ledge with it? It's not even used much anymore outside of covering landings or as throw a long, lasting hitbox out. Ftilt out of run is safer, Utilt and Dtilt are more rewarding on hit, and for actual punishing, his Smashes would be better options except not being able to cover as much of a horizontal distance.

Dtilt is 3 frames slower on startup, but was given increased damage from 12%/11%/9% to 13%/12%/10.5% and increased base knockback for the sourspots from 35 to 40. The knockback growth is the same as it was in Smash 4 at 90/88/88.

Fair became slightly weaker with its decreased growth on its last hit from 145 to 137. That's a lot when the final hit does 4%. Everything else except for its lowered startup and adjusted auto-cancel window as a result and lower landing lag like every other aerial in Ultimate remained the same.

Falco's Dair is just plain stupid. People knew that its startup was lowered from Smash 4's 16 frames to 10 in Ultimate from early gameplay footage of Falco. Then it was later found that the clean, spike hit not only still does 13%, but also now lasts 5 frames, 1 frame more than it did in 1.0.8 Smash 4 and 2 frames more than Brawl and launch Smash 4. What's even better? The frame data for the spike hit is the exact same in Ultimate as it was in Smash 4. It did not have its damage or knockback changed for having its startup reduced by 6 frames. It did, however, keep its 51 total frames, so the recovery is longer as a result of not having reduced total frames at 28 frames compared to Smash 4's 22 frames. What was changed was the ground target hitbox has different knockback values from the airborne target hitbox. Instead of sharing 10 base and 80 growth, it now has 55 base and 50 growth which probably explains why Falco can combo and string from it on grounded opponents.

U-throw's laser was brought back up to Brawl's 80 from Smash 4's 60. Everything else is the same. On the flip-side, B-throw's throw is slightly weaker in knockback with 70 base and 50 growth instead of 80 base and 60 growth. The laser's knockback and everything else with B-throw is the same as it was in Smash 4. Falco's B-throw wasn't exactly a strong kill throw and it was the most unreliable one requiring the laser to push his opponent further so that they would go pass the blast zone.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So the new banner is out and we're supposed to be shocked it's Julia, K? Anyway, what did y'all gorls get?

I got -spd Naga, -atk V!Mist, and my 2nd Kaden. So all in all, a boring haul except for Kaden I suppose. Mist can just feed my M!Corrin her assist. Naga can just sit there being useless, along with my -spd Legcina.

What an equally blessT and curseT being that is.

But that robot thing isn't as amazing as Wholesome Tank Butler BOB:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I feel like I'm forget about this and haven't finished watching it, but someone uploaded prototype and beta footage of Bayonetta. It's Bayonetta, but there doesn't seem to be anything that lewd.

-atk V!Mist
Suffer with me. I also had a -Atk Greil's Devoted Mist show up. Mist finally shows up and she's just as disappointing as she was said to be. On the bright side, I got bunny abs that are as rock hard as they should be and Mercedes who actually demoted. :p
4* Azama: +Res, -Atk.

4* Clarine: +Res, -Atk.

3* Cordelia: +Res, -Spd.

4* Jakob: +Res, -Atk.

4* Virion #1: +HP, -Def.

4* Mercedes: +Atk, -HP. Her voice sounds a bit weird in Heroes. It might be the headphones that I use for my phone is starting to die or she's actually that more breathier sounding that in Three Houses from the supports I've checked out with her. Related to Mercedes, Annette is totes best girl.

5* Greil's Devoted Mist: +Res, -Atk, Yay, she's Guddthra without Blizzard.

3* Oboro: +Res, -HP.

4* Oscar: +Atk, -Res.

3* Palla: +Atk, -Def.

4* Fae: +HP, -Atk.

3* Lon'qu: +Spd, -Res.

4* adult Tiki: +Def, -Spd.

4* Titania: +Def, -HP.

4* Virion #2: +Spd, -Def. Wished he was -Res even though banes don't really matter much after merges.

5* spring Bruno: +Atk, -Def. Still has 32 Def, but 35 would have been nicer.

3* Lukas: neutral.

4* Nanna: +Spd, -HP.

3* Niles: +Def, -Res.

4* Soren: +Res, -Def.

Edit: Damn. Ultimate Falco's Up Smash is like the new Samus Up Smash, except worse when Samus's Up Smash works above her while Falco's doesn't at times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgnWqAdhGfY. How to beat Falco? Just crouch. You can be as big as Bowser and Ridley and crouch and Falco's Up Smash won't even hit you pointblank. In general, some Up Smashes that were fixed on how they connect above platforms in Smash 4 ended up reverting back to their don't really connect well selves like Greninja's Up Smash drops people in Ultimate when it didn't if I recall correctly in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Julia’s banner was pretty generous to me yesterday. I'll include myself in the mutual suffering because I was also (un)fortunate enough to summon my first Mist (+res -def), but at least her art is nice. ngl I actually would like an og!Mist because I've somehow still never pulled one, but lol spending orbs on Mist. I’m not really sure what to do with V!Mist, but I guess I could give her weapon and assist to someone. My other 5* units were: L!Roy (+HP -spd), L!Robin (+res -atk), L!Julia (+HP -def), S!Bruno (+atk -hp), and most importantly 2x Kaden (both +HP, -def and -spd). I'm tempted to give Bonus Doubler to Odin, but that also means forgoing CC so I’m hesitant to do it. Res Smoke still being exclusive to Robin is dumb, but hopefully it'll be accessible soon à la Def Smoke so I’ll probably merge into the res superboon. Niles will like Mirror Impact + Atk/Res Oath, so the Julia is much appreciated even if I did want Naga for scoring reasons. S!Bruno has great art and iirc is the only male troubadour in the game, but he's so bad lmao. I might keep him for the art alone, but I've actually been wanting his staff for a while now (even if it's pretty bad/niche) so idk. Oddly enough the Kadens showed up right next to each other in the same circle. I was lacking him so pulling 2 copies is an absolute godsend; he has been my most wanted unit for a while now. I think I'll keep them separate instead of merging so that I can use him in both light and astra seasons.

I’m still playing Three Houses too. I beat the Blue Lions route a couple days ago, and I think it was my favorite of the 3 I've beaten so far. I am now working on my second Black Eagles playthrough, but I’m still in the early game.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Gorls, I finally did it, I got her and she came with my best summon session in all my time
1567389664496.png

1567389761487.png
She's my lead unit now and my 3rd +10 unit

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I vaguely remembered something about the first level of a recent Hitman game being free and turns out it was Hitman 2 (2018).

An aside: I hate it when films, games, and what not are titled like this. Unless it's a confirmed reboot and even then, it's really annoying when you have things like actual Hitman 2: Silent Assassin from 2002 and the 2018 entry titled Hitman 2 when it's the seventh entry to the main series. Or something like the Tomb Raider reboot could have been subtitled: A Survivor is Born which was its tagline and theme of the game since it was a reboot that focused on how the third reboot Lara Croft became Lara Croft. No, let's just call it Tomb Raider and leave it at that. As dumb of a title as DmC: Devil May Cry with the m being lowercase and causing the DMC series to be sometimes called DmC by others like DmC5, that still differentiated DmC from the other DMC games. I hope this never happens, but it would be really, really stupid if this happened to the second, immediate entry of a series. For instance, "Oops, Mighty No. 9 didn't do so hot, but we're going to make another one and it's called Might No. 9. No, not Mighty No. 9 2, II, or whatever subtitle we didn't bother to come up with, but Mighty No. 9 and it's either A. completely unrelated to Mighty No. 9 (the first one) because we're rebooting it to fix everything or B. it's a sequel, but we don't want to call it Mighty No. 9 2 or whatever because reasons."

Anyway, back to Hitman 2 (2018) where the first episode, Hawke's Bay and the tutorial levels are free. It's really fun which isn't surprising on my part because I enjoy stealth games. Or maybe it's because the last stealth game, Velvet Assassin, I played was pretty crappy. Gameplay was awful regardless of its age which sucks because the story and some of the artistic choices of Velvet Assassin were good if a bit underutilized, but that's another story for another day. Moving on, because I never played a Hitman game, Hitman 2 (2018) reminded me of Assassin's Creed, but without parkour and a slower pace. It's not like Batman: Arkham, Dishonored, Metal Gear Solid, the later Splinter Cell games, Thief, the reboot Tomb Raider games, and Assassin's Creed where you can quickly dart around in the shadows. You sort of can, but Agent 47 has more limited movement options, especially compared to the games where you're supernatural or very well-equipped.

Hitman feels more deliberate and it makes sense since you're playing as a professional killer, a hitman, who is operating usually in cities with a lot of citizens and confined spaces. In the other games, you're more of a soldier fighting on a battlefield or a hero of sorts and you just happen to specialize in stealth. Assassin's Creed is the closest with sharing the blending in mechanic and slow walking, it still differs in that Assassin's Creed takes place in time periods where open carrying of weapons was more common. That is to say, some hooded guy walking around with a sword, spear, and all sorts of weapons would probably not be suspicious during those times, but nowadays unless you're a member of a security force or the military and on duty, walking around with a gun is going to get you strange looks much less walking around with a fire axe when there's not fire or disaster.

The tempo feels slower and it's a nice change of pace from stealth games like MGS where any sort of exposure is likely to get you on the alert phase if not outright shot at on sight. It has restricted areas, but you can bypass them with disguises, the main shtick of the Hitman games and which kind of reminds me of the camouflage system in MGS3: Snake Eater. Game's also humorous in a dark sort of way or that might just be me liking stealth games and the sort of evil you can do like hey, the military base that used to have 10 guys now suddenly has 3 and none of the soldiers have questioned why their buddies were disappearing. Or some of the stupid things you can get away with like it never occurred to me in stealth games that shooting a spot with a silenced gun could be used to distract people until I saw MGSV: The Phantom Pain videos by Big Saru and Yasu Dini and later saw them in Hitman 2 (2018) videos. Yep, let's fire a bullet into the wall, cause some sound, and the enemy will react by looking at where the bullet was shot and think it was just strange sound.

In Hitman 2 (2018), you can pick up stuff and throw them like in the Splinter Cell games -- at least you could in the first Splinter Cell. With Hitman 2 (2018), Agent 47 carries spare change and you can distract people with them or you can throw random stuff like hammers, wrenches, or whatever. What's even better is that this game does something with weapons, specifically guns, that I wished other stealth games did. If you leave a gun lying around and a guard sees it, they will investigate and pick it up to place it on a security box of sorts. I don't know of any other game that does this where you can use weapons to distract or lure guards in such a way. From a strategy point of view, you can use it to have guards transport a weapon for you since as noted, Hitman games take place in places with civilians and there are areas where you have to go through a pat down. To bypass them, you could find a way around or alternatively, you could have a guard pick up your silenced pistol or a briefcase with stuff in it, have them carry it beyond the pat down zone, and go through the pat down zone successfully, and then pick up your pistol or whatever on the way. It's so freaking cool. It's also one of my main gripes with some games where after you take out an enemy, you clearly see their weapons lying around, but in the most extreme cases, you cannot do anything with them. It's a form of level progression which I get, but it's still annoying.

Last thing for this is that Hitman 2 (2018) is my first Hitman game. I knew about the series, but I didn't get into stealth games until MGS3: Snake Eater and that was after messing around with the demo and on a whim when I decided to rent it. Best decision ever to rent MGS3 and DMC3. The other thing is that Hitman was kind of scary to me as kid. Funny enough, I think it was the older graphics of the game that made Agent 47 look creepy while current day graphics where it's easy to cross the uncanny valley with photorealisitic graphics did the opposite for him and made him look more human and less creepy. So, on top of the graphics and knowing what the games were about through the title Hitman, I wasn't really interesting in playing the older games at the time. Probably the same deal with Shadow Man and TimeSplitters if anyone remembers those games.

As for FEH, I summoned a freebie 5* Gordin (+Def, -Spd) from his and Jeorge's BHB banner and a regular Hector (+Spd, -HP) from the current weekly banner with him, Luke, and Tana. I have enough Gordins I could +10 him, but I'd rather wait for him to get his personal bow, not really a fan of him, I would have rather had Jeorge of any rarity show up because I have enough copies of Gordin, and powercreep is at such a point where I don't know if +10 projects, especially for older units, are even worth it anymore. Saves me 20k to 22k feathers, though, and he's a free 5* archer.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
WHOA - AAAaAaAaAaAaAaaa - WHO IS SHE??????????????
WHO IS SHE THO.png

I got my first crown. It only took having Boey as a bonus unit and 4 +10 units (OG!Hector, M!Corrin, Oliver)! I didn't care to have the rank even tho it means +1 orb and 500 feathers. But nobody told me it GAVE FEH A CROWN WTF??? Accessories on my little NPC characters as a reward >>> orbs. duh

On an unrelated note, I just found out TinyPic is shutting down in 2 weeks. Now idk what image loading service I can use to avoid having weird image embedding problems. rip 2 ez uploading 5 minute ****posts i guess :^(

EDIT: Rinea is the bonus TT unit and she's a dancer. She looks absolutely gorgeous. I guess we're getting an update tomorrow? Hopefully. idk

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A bunch of video game things are going to be happening in the coming few days. Tomorrow -- today since this was posted midnight -- is the Nintendo Direct, River City Girls is going to be released on Thursday, and the console releases of Monster Hunter World's Iceborne expansion is on Friday. Probably other stuff that is going on that I don't know about or missed like Minoria was released last week and it's by the developers of Momodora. I was going through GOG wishlisting older games or stuff I'd rather get on there and noticed Minoria. It looked familiar and turns out it was familiar because it's being called a spiritual sequel to Momodora. And I found some old games that I didn't even know had a PC release like Venetica which I can only describe as being Fable, but set in Venice. It looks so dated and I can't even remember why I wanted to play Venetica way back then.

As for other stuff, I learned yesterday that "Purity Soldiers", the Psycho Soldiers' theme in King of Fighters XIII has a beta version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIaxZARNtI. I'm guessing it wasn't on the OST, so I only knew about the final version. It's really different from the final version where the beta version feels more like a regular track or one that you hear as an opening or ending song for a game while the final version feels more like a BGM. Part of it I think is that the final version you can tell is going to repeat which works for BGM and that the repetitive elements of the track happen more frequently. That doesn't really happen with the beta version where it does repeat, but it feels like after the track ends and it feels more like you knowing it's going to end rather than you know it's going to repeat for the sake of being a BGM.

Capcom vs. SNK 2's London stage theme "This Is True Love Makin'" is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-_unC-g_rY. I do wished that I was into fighting games when I was younger at least to have experienced as many fighting game OSTs as possible.

For other music, I've been listening to MASEraaaN's "Geometric": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ul19MOiuI. Popped up on the suggestions bar and it's pretty good.

Also, BeatSaber is a thing. It was on YouTube's recommendations and I don't know if I should regret clicking on it and seeing VR waifu dancing.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gorls!!! I didn't know Steven Universe's Movie came out a little while ago and just watched it and omg. Half the songs were cheesy but ffs the last song made me tear up but tbh I cry ez at any happy endings. Especially if there's a song. And especially especially especially if it's a mashup of various songs in the movie.

Also for some reason Steven+Greg= 4 armed bara rock god named Steg???

So. Like. That happened for some reason.

And as always Estelle/Garnet got dat good voice+singing.

Now back to binge watching Jenna Marbles for the wholesome giggles and hopefully no crying.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, it's confirmed, Terry Bogard is the next DLC character. I wanted to talk about the SNK leak, but I ended up typing things out to vent. I was disappointed in looking into the leak beyond seeing the headlines and seeing all the negativity. People's opinions are theirs and internet comments are internet comments, but it's disheartening at times and infuriating as well. Case in point, I'm really annoyed at how people can claim a character is going to be a clone or the exact same as another character and that started with Wolf being called a clone of Falco and Fox when the only thing the Star Fox characters share are their specials being like a Star Fox character template and high fall speeds. The rest of them are different, especially Wolf who except for his Nair in Ultimate, has different normals than Falco and Fox at least in animation if not also in function. But let's ignore that negativity.

I'm thrilled a SNK character is going to be in Smash and delighted it's Terry, but also kind of going back and forth on Terry. Terry is a fun character and I could totally see him becoming like Captain Falcon as people get to know him more if they already didn't know him. I hope he has his Power Dunk in Smash and it ends up being like Capt.'s Knee in hype. That said, while Terry popular and a face of SNK, I do wished and wondered what if it was someone else that made it in or at least first since who knows, maybe we could get another SNK character in Smash. The ones I want to talk about are Athena, Kyo, Leona, Mai, Nakoruru, and the Metal Slug crew.

Starting with Kyo, in Smash we do have rekka characters with the Marthling's Side Specials and kind of Cloud's Cross Slash. That is to say, a character who has a special move that can continue on with more special attacks and sometimes by repeating the same special move input. Kyo is one of the earliest rekka characters of fighting games alongside Fei Long in Street Fighter, so it would have been awesome if he showed up as one of the original rekka characters. The other thing is that Kyo for whatever reason has yet to make a guest appearance in a fighting game while Geese, Haohmaru, Iori, Kula, Mai, and Terry have or will be in the case of Haohmaru since he's not out yet for Soulcalibur VI.

Speaking of Haohmaru, Nakoruru would be pretty unique. She has Mamahaha and Shikuru, her pet hawk and wolf, respectively. Either one would work or she could even have two and there you go, you have this fighter who fights with a short sword, martial arts, and with an animal companion. With Mamahaha, she would probably have a similar Up Special as Duck Hunt Duo where the duck lifts the dog up, but she would also have the dumbest projectile ever. Nakoruru's projectile with Mamahaha is to send Mamahaha to dive bomb someone and I think in some games Mamahaha is kind of like a transcendent projectile in Smash. Probably because the hawk is considered a projectile, so it can't really get hurt. That would be so dumb and so cool at the same time. I don't know how she fights with Shikuru, but I remember a comment saying it would be like having imp Midna and wolf Link. Considering it's a game, they could have it so she calls Shikuru out of nowhere like how Kazumi has literal tiger uppercuts in Tekken 7. Anyone else from Samurai Shodown would work too. In particular, anyone wielding a katana as despite the complaints about sword characters in Smash, nobody fights using swordsmanship from Asia. It's mostly European styles of swordsmanship or it so mixed together that nothing is being emphasized. Ironically enough, nobody even uses a fencing style of swordsmanship and Samurai Shodown has that through Charlotte and we could have had it with Eirika as another sword-wielding Fire Emblem character.

And there's Mai. Her iconic outfit is the reason used against her, but she does have a more modest outfit from Fatal Fury 3. Gameplay-wise, though, I think she would have been fun and could stand out easily from being just another ninja character. I mean, she throws fans at people and hits people with her fan. What's not to like about that? And she has a tail whip with that giant tail thing attached to outfit. She's kind of wacky and that contrasts easily from the serious Sheik and serious, but goofy at times Greninja. Here's this weird, wild ninja character who chucks fans that can combo into themselves, spins to whack people with her sash with a giant ball attached to it, and has a cartwheel to elbow bash attack. Mai also has that weird knee drop attack where sometimes it looks like she defies gravity.

The reasons for me wanting Mai in Smash are similar to why I want Athena in Smash as this weird, absurd character. Athena's an idol and having a magical girl in Smash would be pretty funny. I guess Peach already fulfills that role alongside Zelda being magically awful, but imagine a purple-haired magical girl beating up people. Oh, and Psycho Ball spamming to destroy everyone's ears. The more serious reason is that Athena has a long history for SNK. The first Athena was from her titular game released in 1986 and the second Athena who usually shows up in KoF, Athena Asamiya, is in SNK lore, the descendant of the first Athena. First Athena is more fanservice-y with her bikini armor, but it would have been neat to have Athena Asamiya represent SNK not only as a KoF character, but as a callback to a very early game made by SNK.

That leaves Leona and the Metal Slug crew last. I just like Leona and a character who has slash attacks with her bare hands would be cool. Similar deal with Iori who claws people with his bare hands. Anyway, Leona has a unique fighting style, but when combined with Metal Slug, she could almost be a two for one deal. With her as the playable character, she'd mainly represent KoF and a bit of Metal Slug since she guest starred in some of the later Metal Slug games including the Clark, Ralf, and Whip. If needed, they could draw from Metal Slug for some of her moves like maybe having use some Metal Slug weapons, but that could be a bit weird since she fighting style is something to emphasize.

If she's not the main playable character, then having her along with Clark, Ralf, Whip, and/or Heidern be the four other alts of the Metal Slug crew would work so well and in that case, the Metal Slug crew is the center focus while Leona and the others would be extras who represent KoF and Ikari Warriors for Clark and Ralf. Metal Slug's art style, animations, and sprite work are amazing and they give the series so much character. It also makes the games a bit gruesome since most of the games are rendered in a cartoon-y style, but here you go blasting away at enemy soldiers, freaky-looking aliens, and zombies. The games even have a special animation for burning deaths when you use the fire shotgun. Weapons are the thing that would sell the Metal Slug characters since you'd have a variety of projectiles and the Metal Slugs themselves, the vehicles you can drive in the games.

Regardless, I do like Terry and I'm happy he's going to be in Smash. I think it's just that because SNK has so many characters, it makes me wonder what could have been or maybe I just want more SNK characters. Then again, I still wished Final Fantasy VI's Terra was in Smash over Cloud and while also wanting Tifa to be in the game because why not which at that point, might as well just have Terra and Tifa join instead of wishing one or the other was in instead of Cloud.

Edit: Shermie's theme "Fanatic Waltz" is baller. The SNK Heroines version is fun too and the remixes of her theme are rad. "Violent Fire, Lightning, and Earth" which incorporates Shermie's theme and "Rhythmic Hallucination" are awesome as well.

So, FEH... The new CYL1 weapon refinements are interesting. Imgur album link if anyone wants it: https://imgur.com/a/HDLBV8t/. From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cztakp/new_refines/.

Unique refined Urvan has 40% damage reduction on the first hit meaning CYL Ike can get 40% damage reduction on the first hit and 80% damage reduction from consecutive hits and that's where it's weird following effect comes into play: "If foe initiates combat, foe can make a follow-up attack before unit can counterattack." It's like a Foe Desperation skill that forces his foe to Desperation him allowing CYL Ike to reap the benefits of 40% reduced damage on the first hit and then 80% on the next hits. The best part is the damage reduction of the first hit doesn't only work on one type of damage like with refined Brynhildr, Divine Tyrfing, or refined Parthia and it doesn't matter if it's player phase or enemy phase like with unique refined Kagero's Dart. CYL Ike with unique refined Urvan will always take 40% less damage on the first hit no matter what phase and on enemy phase, he will always take 40% and then 80% less damage if his opponent can double him. Another interesting thing is that Urvan is the only CYL1 weapon to keep all its original base effects which is the Killer effect and Deflect All when refined.

Refining Geirskogul adds effective damage against dragons for CYL Lucina and choosing the unique refinement adds the Def/Res+3 part for its original effect meaning it's a Drive Spectrum for physical damage units, but like Urvan, it also gained another effect and that is "if foe initiates combat against those allies, grants Special cooldown charge+1 per attack to those allies (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" which is basically Physical Breath, but with 2 range instead of 1 range and only working with infantry allies like Infantry Breath. As a whole, CYL Lucina would give Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 and a Breath effect to physical damage allies and for her, she gets Def+3, effective damage against dragons, and also HP+3. So, CYL Lucina became an amazing support unit for a physical damage team.

Refined Mulagir upgrades her Dull Mage to Dull Ranged and the unique refinement is like Ylgr's Sylgr's speed check effect, but instead of Atk/Spd+4, CYL Lyn gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 if her speed is higher than her foe's. So, Atk/Spd-1 for Def/Res+3. Probably the most underwhelming of the bunch, but it makes sense since as a unit and with Sacae's Blessing negating Distant Counter on axe, lance, and sword units, CYL Lyn is really good and you could have gone the Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow route with her if you didn't want to use Mulagir. Still good, but not whoa like CYL Ike and CYL Lucina so far.

Refined Blazing Durandal is the more unique of the bunch in what happens to one of its base effect. Instead of keeping Heavy Blade 3 or even getting a stronger version of it, refining Blazing Durandal turns its Heavy Blade 3 effect to a hybrid of Bold Fighter and Special Fighter on a cavalry unit. That is to say, it works by having CYL Roy or Eliwood initiate combat like Bold Fighter, but not only does it grant him Special cooldown charge+1 to them, it also inflicts Special cooldown charge-1 on per attack of their foe. So, the downside is that it won't work on enemy phase should you ever need to enemy phase with CYL Roy or Eliwood. The unique refinement is probably what Steady Impact will be: "If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+7 and Def+10 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack." Both don't have great defense with CYL Roy's being average-ish and Eliwood's being low, but this also means they're the first and only cavalry units with access to an Impact skill through a unique refinement like how Caeda and Clair are the only fliers with access to Flashing Blade. Because CYL Roy comes with Steady Blow 2, the unique refinement means that when he initiates, he will have Spd+11 and Def+14 during combat putting neutral CYL Roy at 51 Atk, 45 Spd, and 40 Def during combat. For Eliwood, compared to unique refined Durandal which has Death Blow 3 and Swift Sparrow 2, unique refined Blazing Durandal would have Atk-7, Spd+4, Def+10, Special cooldown charge+1 for Eliwood and Special cooldown charge-1 for his foe, and follow-up prevention. Lower attack on initiation, but Eliwood would be faster and with =Def, Eliwood would have 33 Def and 32 Res when initiating combat.

And more powercreep. RIP previous dancers and gen 1, gen 2, and maybe gen 3 units at this point in stats.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cztlyb/a_splendid_soiree_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

Dancer Berkut's 41 HP, 36 Atk, 23 Spd, 37 Def, and 24 Res gives him 161 BST and he has defense and resistance superassets and now superflaws. Yes, he has 161 BST and he's a dancer. Compared to his regular self, -2 HP, +2 Atk, +1 Spd, and +6 Def and compared to his fallen self, +1 HP, +1 Atk, +6 Spd, +2 Def, and -6 Res. Considering his high defense, low speed, and being a dancer, +Res might be the way to go so he can have 37/28 mixed defenses. His personal lance is good with it granting Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to a refreshed unit, but a resistance refined Barrier/his Lance+ or Wagasa+ might be worth it if you want a tanky dancer or support unit.

Dancer Rinea's 38 HP, 30 Atk, 33 Spd, 23 Def, and 28 Res gives her 152 BST. Stat-wise, she's like infantry Ursula or gen 3 PA Shigure. Compared to PA Shigure, +4 HP, -1 Atk, +4 Spd, +2 Def, and +4 Res. Her weapon has Distant Guard and she comes with Bracing Blow 2 as a 5* and Firestorm Dance 2 as a 4*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWgBR0OU5E&feature=youtu.be.

Dancer Reinhardt's 38 HP, 34 Atk, 21 Spd, 27 Def, and 25 Res gives him 145 BST and he has a resistance superasset and HP superflaw. If his stats look familiar, then you're right, he's essentially his +Atk, -Spd self. Compared to his regular self, +2 Atk, -2 Spd. Seriously. The low BST isn't really a problem since it's the same as his regular self, mage cavalry, and it's still higher than the older ranged refresh units who had 139-140 BST.

Dancer Ishtar's 36 HP, 34 Atk, 36 Spd, 16 Def, and 22 Res gives her 144 BST and she has HP and resistance superassets and a defense superflaw. Offensively, she has the same attack and speed as her regular self and Elincia, but she targets resistance at the cost of having lower BST and also not having a personal weapon that can be refined in the case of Elincia. Compared to her regular self, -2 HP, -1 Def, and -4 Res.

Dancer Nephenee's 37 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 24 Def, and 25 Res gives her 157 BST and she has a defense superasset and HP and resistance superflaws. Yep. Neph has gen 1 melee flier and infantry BST, gen 2 melee cavalry BST, and gen 3 ranged infantry BST and that also means she has the same BST as her regular self; Neph is Neph. Compared to her regular self, +4 Atk, +1 Spd, -10 Def, and +5 Res. She powercreeps bride Cordelia as compared to the old bride, +1 HP, +1 Spd, +5 Def, and +3 Res and Neph has Dance which she can use if she wants or not. That is to say, if you want an infantry archer dancer, then you can use her, but if you want a regular infantry archer, then you can unequip Dance and inherit and equip another assist skill and also use her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom