• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night finally has a release date.

I think the hype will still hurt how well it's going to be received by some, but it really does look like the developers tried to put out something they felt could be considered golden and with as much reasonable delays as they could ask for to continue to refine Bloodstained.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Question. Who's going to attend Gordeau's funeral?

:secretkpop:

I'm just glad he is still good, though I wish Yang didn't get buffed at all. Being able to convert off jC is dumb, and that armour needs to go.

Not much happened in DotB so far, just going through all the Episodes so I can get 100% in all Parts. 20 Gems per Part is still very damn good. 5 Parts per Episode on Hard Mode. And since there are 10 Episodes so far. That's about 1,000 Spirit Gems. Very VERY handy. Whereas on Normal Mode, that'll be about 500 Spirit Gems, still useful and gives me an opportunity to try and pull from the Event Capsules 5 times if I ever do save them all up. But IF though.

However I will need to save up on Lab Points, since I am running low on them; some of the stuff I need from the Lab are a bit more pricey, so I'll probably see any unwanted Duplicate Heroes and Gemstones. Same goes with the Fragments as well if I have too many (I make sure to sell the Pyramid and Diamond shaped Fragments until I have 500 of each Element). Due to have a limit on how much I can carry being 999. I wonder if they'll increase the limit cap, but I doubt it.

On the plus side though, I still got till the end of this month to get all of the Hololive Tickets from the Daily Rewards, so I may end up getting Fubuki and Ultimate Roboco from the Banners, but ehhhhh. My luck ran out on the 1st Banner when I got Roboco-san (Cutting-edge Robot) and not a single Event SR from the 2nd Banner.

I'll also need to go back and play more Extella LINK. Especially the Online Multiplayer and try and get all of the Titles. Being a "Nero Researcher" is hard work, y'know?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
As for the refines the only good one is Faye, who is still a 5* locked character. I hope she gets something good. And here's to hoping next month has 4 not-lame choices. I guess they're trying to get more cavalry units atm only because they've been dunking on cavalry for so long and need to make up for it. Which they're doing a bad job at, btw lmao.
Lukas tho.

Watch him get a powercrepted, prf version of Berkut's lance just cause.

This is the first event like this. The Valentine's event was kinda similar to this, but without any special missions, it was ALL story. A Veronica boss battle was added today and imo it's a bit easier than Alf's so you might want to try that one first instead (plus it gives out slightly better rewards). The rewards for both are still underwhelming for their challenge so don't worry too much if you miss out on them, but they're fun!
Also we still haven't friended each other yet, my code is 5234 6073 837.
The Boss battles are might locked at 12,500 so I'm not quite there yet. I'm running out of immediate ways to increase it, but I'm hoping to at least try the fights cause they did look pretty fun.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And then there's the comment about wanting to see Zelda give birth. Also, if you didn't know, you can embed Twitter posts with the insert button which looks like three ... and has a drop down arrow. Click "Media" and paste the Twitter URL into the pop up prompt. Or type ["media=twitter"]<URL here>["/media"] without the quotes surrounding the media parts and replace the <URL here> with the actual URL.

Lukas tho.

Daybreak Lance: "16 Mt. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). [Unique refinement effect] If foe initiates combat, grants Res+8 during combat and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just had to flex on my first AR successful defense of the week. A 5+1 fortress vs my 2+1. Don't think it counted though.

Also, just spent 250 grails and 400k feathers on the IP team. Need to design a new defense and I hope it works better than my current one... Also, I finally have Aversas!

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
And then there's the comment about wanting to see Zelda give birth. Also, if you didn't know, you can embed Twitter posts with the insert button which looks like three ... and has a drop down arrow. Click "Media" and paste the Twitter URL into the pop up prompt. Or type ["media=twitter"]<URL here>["/media"] without the quotes surrounding the media parts and replace the <URL here> with the actual URL.

Daybreak Lance: "16 Mt. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). [Unique refinement effect] If foe initiates combat, grants Res+8 during combat and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"
Ah, that works with Twitter as well? Good to know because I thought that only works with videos since another forum that uses the same forum engine embeds Twitter links automatically. Thanks :3.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I decided to spend my Patreon money on orbs and got Nailah after 40 orbs yay. She's actually cool, so I don't mind getting her. However, after she hits 5000HM, I think I'll give her to some OP unit. Once I, you know, actually get one that's actually capable of being OP. RIP Oliver if/when that time comes. I suppose it'll depend on what kind of prf Donnel gets since he's the only one I can think of. An Owltome lance would be pretty sweet tho omg. Or Arthur. Hawkeye already has DC because I am a fool. :^(

Also, I found out I only did 1 Aversa GHB lmao. So I got 2 more of her thankfully for a free +4. I still need to do the quests.

Lukas tho.

I have a 5* Lukas but never cared enough to use him much. Characters with lopsided bulk aren't as easy to stat-abuse as average stat or min-max'd characters.

Don't massacre my redheaded Ike like that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The new IP team is iffy. I got completely destroyed by a Cecilia. Got two kills though!

Screenshot_20190505-113641.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The new IP team is iffy. I got completely destroyed by a Cecilia. Got two kills though!
Yeah, IP is a lotta setup with not much payoff. The only good character is L!Hector because of his Nondiscriminatory Pulse. It's better to just stick buffs or debuffs in the C slot. The only time it works is with a supremely powerful character and a 4-charge special. Mostly because 4-charge specials can bypass a lot of things, even a TA3 WTA unit or stat abuser. Namely Lilina, Tailtiu, and Sonya. I'm sure there are other units too and there will be more in the future as more refines/weapons/characters come out.

D

Deleted member 189823

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I think S StoicPhantom would be proud. If I actually used Phantom like this in neutral... doesn't look so bad. I still need to try that out, so I'm definitely, definitely going after that next training session.

Also, I somehow did a perfect RAR Phantom. That also needs to be a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've been thinking of getting Duck Game on Switch, since it looks real fun and I've seen ProtonJon play it and recently saw Vinny from Vinesauce play it too.

Also, in Touhou related stuff. 15.5 is coming to Switch as well, which is called Antinomy of Common Flowers. I'll give it a go and probably main Kasen in it, since there's no Meiling or Komachi. But you never know, they could arrive as a Switch exclusive character. :yeahboi:

Or we'll get someone else instead.

And now onto some Gacha stuff in Dawn of the Breakers.

Slowly been clearing each Part of every Episode in Single Player. Just 100%'d Episode 5 on Normal Mode, next I'll be going for 100%ing all of Episode 5 on Hard Mode next. Free 150 Gems anyway from clearing each episode on Normal & Hard combined, so it's not that bad. And I tried the 1st Hololive Banner another shot in hope of getting Fubuki Shirakami from the Banner, I didn't get her sadly. However, I did get a duplicate Ravenous Emanation and I got my first Gemini which are two SRs. So that's pretty good I guess.

Means I get to Limit Break my Ravenous Emanation to +3. Shame I didn't get Fubuki from the Banner though, but oh well. I got till the end of this month to get her and Ultimate Roboco. If I don't get Fubuki or Ultimate Roboco, it'll be disappointing since I don't know if they'll repeat the Events like how Duel Links, Fire Emblem Heroes and Pokemon Puzzle and other Gacha Games repeat Events for users who missed out. I do hope they do repeat Events, since I did miss out on the Summer Event and it'd be nice for me to use all of the Halloween Items I collected during the Halloween Event to get all the other stuff I need, like Carbuncles, Stamina Drinks, Equipment, etc.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Well, I'm back from a trip I took a few days ago oops. It was thankfully uneventful and I got through what is normally a very difficult thing for me to do, without too much incident. I did get to try some actual ramen for the first time, but unfortunately they didn't have the legendary tonkatsu ramen and I had to settle for shio(salt). For whatever reason it was loaded with green onions to the point that was all I could taste and onions are something I can't stand in any sizable quantity, so RIP on that.

I did get some karaage to go along with it, which was pretty good, at least until my little brother who was visiting, spilled whatever that brown sauce that came with it all over half of them. For the uninitiated, it's basically chicken fried Chinese style or something along those lines. You might have had something similar at a Chinese restaurant.

Well regardless of that, I did use this time away from internet to actually practice inputs, which is something I'm very bad at doing. I've now (re)learned to short hop the manual way and learned the RAR version of the Phantom displacement. I can already see improvements on that front as well as my parries improving from practicing on the CPU(which by the way the level 9s are better than 80% of online players and not in the frame perfect robot way 4's were). I'm bad with repetition, but I'm going to try to make input practice a daily thing, at least a little bit.

IT IS COMPLETE
Definitely better than my first one. Glad I didn't rush it. Allowed me time to get far better clips than the first batch.
Good stuff, I see you've been working on those Dair follow ups.

I've been re-evaluating a few things about the way I play, and most notably in my Dash Dance game. I'm actually starting to get something out of it, rather than just getting hit. I also think it's safe to say I broke my WR2 curse a while ago...
Well, I suppose if we keep working at it we're bound to improve eventually. It's just difficult to see that sometimes.

He threw his controller. Hopefully you'll see in the player cam. : D

Also, he said something like "your stupid waifu kills at 70 and doesn't die until 200". Apparently Zelda is Bowser now. : D
I guess it didn't get uploaded, but I'm sure it was hilarious. Zelda is the best heavy.

I think S StoicPhantom would be proud. If I actually used Phantom like this in neutral... doesn't look so bad. I still need to try that out, so I'm definitely, definitely going after that next training session.

Also, I somehow did a perfect RAR Phantom. That also needs to be a thing.
I'm very proud. Definitely, definitely work on that. If by perfect RAR Phantom, you mean getting completely behind it, you just need to be really quick with the RAR input. Like an instant flick both sides.

I'm personally trying hard to learn the platform version. I feel like this would open up a new dimension and shutdown some of the aerial monsters that can plague neutral(:ultyoshi::ultgreninja::ultinkling:). I've gotten to the point where I can do the drop down version 40% of the time and platform ledge version maybe 7% of the time. Obviously nowhere near combat ready, but the few times I've accidentally done it, my opponent was hopelessly confused and got their jumps stuffed. That leads me to believe there is an entire dimension of mixups just waiting to be unlocked.

The platform ledge version, requires you to basically be almost completely level with the ledge while you're in the air, which ups the difficulty tremendously, but the payoff will be amazing and let Zelda be mobile along the ground while setting up a Phantom to cover the platforms and the air. I haven't been at it too long, but I feel like it would be viable to learn to use these effectively, if you're willing to put the time into it. It's at least more useful than the FW ledge cancel, even if the input difficulty is around the same.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
#TeamCersei

Also, got a second Ranulf once again from a free summon ticket.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Is it only me or are 90% of the online Samusses the same?
I don't even play the game if I see one. Just baiting a charge shot and reflect it back. 99% of the times it works everytime :3.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Is it only me or are 90% of the online Samusses the same?
I don't even play the game if I see one. Just baiting a charge shot and reflect it back. 99% of the times it works everytime :3.
A good Samus doesn't charge up their shots. They use the charging animation to float around forever and have a retaliation tool on the ready. You were fighting a scrub Samus, sis.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
A good Samus doesn't charge up their shots. They use the charging animation to float around forever and have a retaliation tool on the ready. You were fighting a scrub Samus, sis.
Well, I think the term "Elite" is kinda misleading then :3.
But yeah, I know kinda how competitive Samus looks like as there's a person I can sometimes play with and most "Elite" Samus' are kinda eh.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Well, I think the term "Elite" is kinda misleading then :3.
But yeah, I know kinda how competitive Samus looks like as there's a person I can sometimes play with and most "Elite" Samus' are kinda eh.
Yeah, Elite is not really full of Elite players. It's fairly easy to get into Elite if you vs people who are totally new or just not trying. I got into Elite with Rosalina, Robin, P•L•A•N•T, and other characters I was totally new at/bad at/not trying. Another thing to note is that delay is not even on both sides despite their little "lag-catch-up" system, so some people might be running around with a 5f advantage because everything YOU need to do needs to be buffered 5f ahead to come out on time. Then there are the occasional hackers. Truly a mess of online gameplay, unsurprisingly.

But if you're fighting Samus, who's actually good, they'll be using DownB and NeutralB to play with their aerial momentum, making it harder to properly approach. If you hit her shield you'll get hit with a quick OoS aerial even if you spaced as far as possible for a lot of the characters that lack disjoints or speed. A good Samus is always doing something convoluted and rarely goes for the direct approach, similar to her ZSS counterpart. In short, if it doesn't look like Samus is having a suit malfunction or seizure, she's probably not being used by a good player lmao.

Also, got a second Ranulf once again from a free summon ticket.
ok 1st of all how dare you

At least I summoned Mordecai. He is such a good precious boi and I love him. Even though his gimmick is really weird, I suppose I can just pretend he has a Wo Dao weapon that adds +2 attack. I was going to build him up like Oliver but his res won't allow for that. At least until we get Bond Atk/Res or something.

Also I summoned a 2nd Nailah so I can guilt-free sacrifice her to a unit! I just don't know which. I might just still wait for a possibly OP unit to pop up somewhere. If Oliver gets it, he loses Bond Atk/Def in favor of QR3, which hurts how destructive and bulky he can be. I basically need a unit who has QR3 or something built into their weapon. Which surprisingly there aren't many units with QR3 on their weapon for some reason.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
At least I summoned Mordecai. He is such a good precious boi and I love him. Even though his gimmick is really weird, I suppose I can just pretend he has a Wo Dao weapon that adds +2 attack. I was going to build him up like Oliver but his res won't allow for that. At least until we get Bond Atk/Res or something.

Also I summoned a 2nd Nailah so I can guilt-free sacrifice her to a unit! I just don't know which. I might just still wait for a possibly OP unit to pop up somewhere. If Oliver gets it, he loses Bond Atk/Def in favor of QR3, which hurts how destructive and bulky he can be. I basically need a unit who has QR3 or something built into their weapon. Which surprisingly there aren't many units with QR3 on their weapon for some reason.
I love Mordecai too and he needs to be protected. He was my bonus unit of choice. His smite effect really did save me a few times.

I have a Nailah as well and I'm stumped. I was thinking Winter Fae but I found out that Null Counter Disrupt is infantry locked :(. If Faye's refine is good, I may fodder Nailah to her.

Also, who doesn't love waking up in the morning with 2 AR losses? :/ Hopefully some of you guys can give my defence team some feedback later this week. I put Aversa in the defence team but she may be dead weight?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I love Mordecai too and he needs to be protected. He was my bonus unit of choice. His smite effect really did save me a few times.

I have a Nailah as well and I'm stumped. I was thinking Winter Fae but I found out that Null Counter Disrupt is infantry locked :(. If Faye's refine is good, I may fodder Nailah to her.

Also, who doesn't love waking up in the morning with 2 AR losses? :/ Hopefully some of you guys can give my defence team some feedback later this week. I put Aversa in the defence team but she may be dead weight?
Super stack Aversa's HP and lock her away in a corner that's very hard to get to. She's best used if kept alive and near a heal orb.

I stopped caring about losses tho. I just put Light blessing on Corrin/Oliver/W!Cecelia so when I climb it's by a decent amount. So I climb by 20-40 a day anyway even with a loss. On Astra AND light seasons I can climb by double that. You need to build a solid +10 unit and cheerleader to help clear out everything.

As for the Null Disrupt problem... Ugh it is annoying. It's such a good skill but the people who want it lose some bulk or atk to get it. If Faye gets a Cancel Affinity Guard Bow, she'd be perfect for it with the proper team support. Whoever gets it would certainly need a prf/refine first though. It'd suck to shove premium fodder on a character just for them to get a prf/refine that makes the skill useless or redundant.

Characters who really want it currently don't have prf or refines yet tho.

Faye, Donnel, Hawkeye, Oliver, Boey, Libra, Henry, etc.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Super stack Aversa's HP and lock her away in a corner that's very hard to get to. She's best used if kept alive and near a heal orb.

I stopped caring about losses tho. I just put Light blessing on Corrin/Oliver/W!Cecelia so when I climb it's by a decent amount. So I climb by 20-40 a day anyway even with a loss. On Astra AND light seasons I can climb by double that. You need to build a solid +10 unit and cheerleader to help clear out everything.

As for the Null Disrupt problem... Ugh it is annoying. It's such a good skill but the people who want it lose some bulk or atk to get it. If Faye gets a Cancel Affinity Guard Bow, she'd be perfect for it with the proper team support. Whoever gets it would certainly need a prf/refine first though. It'd suck to shove premium fodder on a character just for them to get a prf/refine that makes the skill useless or redundant.

Characters who really want it currently don't have prf or refines yet tho.

Faye, Donnel, Hawkeye, Oliver, Boey, Libra, Henry, etc.
Already used up two ladders today. Brave Veronica is actually so frustrating. I can't fodder Null Counter Disrupt sooner >:[

I've been so stingy with AR elemental blessings I haven't really used any except one Anima for those recent quests.

Legendary Lucina with Wings of Mercy sounds like an amazing replacement for Aversa. Hopefully I can get her in a couple of months. I looked at my replays and everybody has such high HP that Aversa can't do anything... Had a defence where only one person had less HP than Aversa. AR is so aggravating and yet... the salt makes me want to progress. I think I can get a level 4 O Fortress in a couple weeks... my bad defences will have to last a month or two. Maybe then I can start upgrading waters.

The last voting gauntlet was pretty awful, imo. DIdn't really like any of the heroes in it. Feh needs some better kids like Ross, Nils, and Percy :O

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Already used up two ladders today. Brave Veronica is actually so frustrating. I can't fodder Null Counter Disrupt sooner >:[
CYL Veronica doesn't have high resistance or defenses in general. Lyon's one of the bonus units right now and with T-Adept 3, he can handle her pretty well. Being a red mage also helps with dealing with Surtr and I run Bowbreaker on him, so CYL Lyn is screwed too if she's not running Firesweep Bow and Cancel Affinity/Poison Strike. Just keep him away from legendary Azura, Reinhardt, or any blue. Still, the problem is Hlidskjalf's Dazzling Staff effect. Lyon, Sophia, or any -raven mage really can tank her decently or very well depending on their resistance, but they won't be able to counterattack. In some cases, that's fine if there isn't a refresh unit in range or as a way to prevent an accidental Wings of Mercy bomb being dropped on you. It's going to be an extra turn and depending on the mage and Veronica's resistance, you could just one shot her on the next turn.

Attacking her is another story. How to get to her, get out or stay out of range of her allies, and whatever else.

So, late night summon led to me getting a CYL Hector. Summoned the other orbs to see what they were after that. I finally have a +Atk Reinhardt, but +Spd Reinhardt with Darting Blow 7, though. :p
5* CYL Hector: +HP, -Spd.

3* Felicia: neutral.

3* Reinhardt #1: +HP, -Def.

4* Reinhardt #2: +Atk, -Res.

4* Setsuna: +HP, -Res. When will this derpy creature get a new weapon?

I summoned every CYL2 hero. Meanwhile, CYL1 where CYL Ike refuses to show up.

In other news, the Switch is going to get Stylish! in the near future with Devil May Cry 1 coming to the system: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...il_may_cry_hunts_demons_on_switch_this_summer. Dante for Smash? Anyway, it's only the first game in the series and eShop only. Not sure why they couldn't release a physical edition with DMC1 to 3 like they did with the other systems or all three games to the eShop and let people buy them individually or as a bundle.

Edit: And F!Corrin got Norted.

So, I'm guessing Mareeta is going to be another Athena powercreep. Also, we might get a regular or purified Mareeta in the future. Shadow Sword becomes Mareeta's Sword in Thracia 776.

Nobody's getting demoted if the last instance of a banner like this was any indication of that. Also, I love how all of them introduced a new skill which makes it even likelier that nobody is getting demoted. Warding Stance 4 finally is here and ironically enough, it also means Warding Stance 3 is finally in the regular summoning pool.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So uh... I was excited about getting Aversa (and no doubt everybody that +10'd her) and now there's a skill that's potentially better? Also, who the hell is Mareeta?

Lyon is no longer a bonus unit and I don't have copies of him anyway. Will fodder off Nailah soon :)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So uh... I was excited about getting Aversa (and no doubt everybody that +10'd her) and now there's a skill that's potentially better? Also, who the hell is Mareeta?

Lyon is no longer a bonus unit and I don't have copies of him anyway. Will fodder off Nailah soon :)
Mareeta is Shadow Sword waifu. :p

Seriously though, I don't really know. All I know about her is that she comes with Shadow Sword and it can become a personal weapon for her, Mareeta's Sword. No other instance of Shadow Sword does this as far as I know. Her father is Galzus who is a cousin of Shannan who is the nephew of Ayra, so she is a descendant of Od. For more complicated family matters, the wiki says she ends up being Eyvel's adopted daughter and Evyel is actually Brigid. Something about memory lost during Thracia 776 for why Brigid is Eyvel.

Also, forgot about Lyon being a bonus unit of the last season. Shows how much I care about Aether Raids. So much suffering... And all you people foddering Nailah.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ahhhh Faye's refine is literally what I wanted. Goodbye Nailah! If anybody would like to give feedback on my AR team, it would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Faye's Bow is pretty good, basically a slightly revamped Guard Bow with 50% Quick Riposte so she can use Cancel Affinity instead. She can become an absurd tank with the right stats, but I don't think she can do anything vs AoE spam still. I suppose she wants a +res nature and to use DD4. She'd be horrifying to take down, but ofc, still crumble to melee-anything.

Lukas just got his Alt's lance with -1 to special, so that's pretty decent I guess. Doesn't change him. Let's him continue with the unstoppable wall meme. Whatever.

Sully/Stahl get TA3 weapons that allow them to have infinite Quick Riposte if within 2 spaces of another cavalry unit. I suppose that's an OK refine. Better than JUST a Gem Weapon I suppose.

So 1 stupid-good refine.
1 decent refine.
2 mediocre refines.

Now to wait an entire month and hope 1 of my husbandos/waifus are on the next batch.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I've not used any dragonfeathers and haven't used my summoner's support. I kinda want to dump all of it on my Faye now! Bad idea right?

I have no desire to upgrade Lukas' weapon. I prefer him using Vanguard.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I've not used any dragonfeathers and haven't used my summoner's support. I kinda want to dump all of it on my Faye now! Bad idea right?

His prf weapon is better tho. Kinda.

And Summoner Support can be swapped around whenever so use it on a unit that can put in some serious work vs half of the roster or more. Faye is a supreme anti-range unit, so I say go for it. I'm still not sure about wasting extremely good skills on her... She's very hard to +10 so it won't do you any good for OP content or AR/Arena. :^(

You can get Cancel Affinity 3 from Jamke, a grail/GHB unit. So as far as cheap fodder goes for a maybe-unit, she's well off. DC3 is also available via grails.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
His prf weapon is better tho. Kinda.

And Summoner Support can be swapped around whenever so use it on a unit that can put in some serious work vs half of the roster or more. Faye is a supreme anti-range unit, so I say go for it. I'm still not sure about wasting extremely good skills on her... She's very hard to +10 so it won't do you any good for OP content or AR/Arena. :^(

You can get Cancel Affinity 3 from Jamke, a grail/GHB unit. So as far as cheap fodder goes for a maybe-unit, she's well off. DC3 is also available via grails.
I would never invest so much in a low merge unit. My Faye is pretty optimal with her newest prf and is my highest invested unit. Just need to farm coins for her DD3 seal.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Also, found out there's a Tier List Maker for Fate/Extella LINK. So me and Buddhahobo Buddhahobo Buddhahobo Buddhahobo can theorycraft a tier list. :yeahboi:

https://tiermaker.com/create/fate-extella-link-14208 I'll leave this here for him.
okay its dun

Also we still haven't friended each other yet, my code is 5234 6073 837.
Finally got around to this, sent a friend code.

Current friend support is Alfonse cause I don't know what I'm doing.

Instead of getting that, we got Shiro's mutilated corpse on a pike.

Faye's Bow is pretty good, basically a slightly revamped Guard Bow with 50% Quick Riposte so she can use Cancel Affinity instead. She can become an absurd tank with the right stats, but I don't think she can do anything vs AoE spam still. I suppose she wants a +res nature and to use DD4. She'd be horrifying to take down, but ofc, still crumble to melee-anything.

Lukas just got his Alt's lance with -1 to special, so that's pretty decent I guess. Doesn't change him. Let's him continue with the unstoppable wall meme. Whatever.
Luka's spear works like an inverse of Sophia's tome and I S-rank them so I'm taking this update as IS validating my OTP.

I was thinking Renewal in the B-slot to heal back up to QR range for Faye. She definitely won out this batch.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Nobody:
Zelda mains now:

I would never invest so much in a low merge unit. My Faye is pretty optimal with her newest prf and is my highest invested unit. Just need to farm coins for her DD3 seal.
Jamke's Cancel Affinity is a 4* locked ability so you should only need to spend 100 grails. That's just so she can totally screw over any of those heauxes like Cecelia with TA3 Raventomes. But ye, all this Faye stuff is making seriously regret foddering her off... TWICE. And I don't even use Firesweep bow on the units I gave them to lmao.

btw the phrase "gag reel" and the scenes playing out relatively normally leaves me confused, sis. I'm calling the cops on yew, EODM07 EODM07 kbai.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Is cancel affinity even that good? I already gave Faye Null C-disrupt...

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It's useless 99% of the time as it just cancels TA. But if you ever run into the ten people who still run a raven tome user with TA instead of CC, you'll win.

Null C-Disrupt is a lot better cause you'll actually run into situations where it'll be valuable, but is a much rarer skill.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Null C Disrupt is the better one of the 2. I thought you didn't wanna go hard on the resources, sis.

Cancel Affinity is the "good fodder if you're not going all in" since it's a 4* grail thing. And it's mostly just for coverage against the occasional TA3 raven tome user. I guess giving her CA as back up for certain GHB shenanigans isn't a bad thing, though, since it's so low cost. But Null C Disrupt is def the one you want to be using for PvP content.

gorl u wilin' tho omg

I have 2 Null C Disrupt fodders and I think I'm going to have a stroke and/or die the moment I give 1 of them to a viable character. Even if it's Oliver after he gets some OP refine/prf weapon. eeeeeeeeeeee

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Null C Disrupt is the better one of the 2. I thought you didn't wanna go hard on the resources, sis.

Cancel Affinity is the "good fodder if you're not going all in" since it's a 4* grail thing. And it's mostly just for coverage against the occasional TA3 raven tome user. I guess giving her CA as back up for certain GHB shenanigans isn't a bad thing, though, since it's so low cost. But Null C Disrupt is def the one you want to be using for PvP content.

gorl u wilin' tho omg

I have 2 Null C Disrupt fodders and I think I'm going to have a stroke and/or die the moment I give 1 of them to a viable character. Even if it's Oliver after he gets some OP refine/prf weapon. eeeeeeeeeeee
I didn't expect to fodder up Nailah because I never actually thought Faye would get Quick Riposte in her prf. Like I said though my Faye is heavily invested so I have no issues dumping resources on her.

She has full summoner's support, Distant Defence 4, Null C Disrupt, Atk Smoke 3, and Distant Defence 2 seal (will upgrade asap). I have enough flowers to +9 her but I don't think I'll do it unless I keep losing AR due to a couple stats.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I didn't expect to fodder up Nailah because I never actually thought Faye would get Quick Riposte in her prf. Like I said though my Faye is heavily invested so I have no issues dumping resources on her.

She has full summoner's support, Distant Defence 4, Null C Disrupt, Atk Smoke 3, and Distant Defence 2 seal (will upgrade asap). I have enough flowers to +9 her but I don't think I'll do it unless I keep losing AR due to a couple stats.
Well +10 flowers is the same as +5 merges stat wise, so that'd be neat eventually.

Pair her with M!Corrin and let her destroy every heaux that tries to touch her lmao.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well +10 flowers is the same as +5 merges stat wise, so that'd be neat eventually.

Pair her with M!Corrin and let her destroy every heaux that tries to touch her lmao.
I'm not 100% sure about pairing up. Male Corrin seems good, but so does Eir due to her blessing. Or Kaden if I can ever pull him.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Finally got around to this, sent a friend code.

Current friend support is Alfonse cause I don't know what I'm doing.
wow gorl your Alf is packed, gj.
In general, healers are the best to use for your friend support since having a backup heal ready at any time is great, but I already have enough healer friends.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Instead of getting that, we got Shiro's mutilated corpse on a pike.
At least Shiro isn't Athena. Mia, CYL Celica, Rutger, and now, Mareeta. Also, apparently Shiro's Japanese name, Shinonome, means daybreak. Lukas literally beat and robbed this poor boy of everything.

Sully/Stahl get TA3 weapons that allow them to have infinite Quick Riposte if within 2 spaces of another cavalry unit. I suppose that's an OK refine. Better than JUST a Gem Weapon I suppose.
At least Stahl's stat spread works for him as an enemy phase unit and more Surtr counters is always better. Sully on the other hand... 24/28 base neutral defenses. Yeah, sure. If you wanted to make use of her better resistance compared to her defense, you'd have to give her Distant Counter. She should have had the same player phase effect Abel and Cain have instead of sharing the enemy phase effect one like Stahl. She can work it fine, but her stats seem more like player phase or mixed phase instead of mainly enemy phase.

You know who would have worked the enemy phase effect better? Subaki who actually has defenses. Subaki with an enemy phase version of the Palla's Whitewing Blade would make him extremely stupid against swords and possibly lances when he comes with Quick Riposte by default and can easily get a crapton of attack and speed from Goads.

Yeah, Daybreak Lance I feel like is kind of like Dauntless Lance, Eternal Tome, Iris's Tome, Hinata's Katana, the Robin's tomes, and Seth's and Titania's personal gem weapons. Although, maybe not as good as Dauntless Lance and definitely not as good as Iris's Tome or Argent Bow and Cherche's Axe for that matter. The base effect is fine, especially as a personal Killer Lance, but given what Lukas mainly does, tank stuff, and the resources required, it's cheaper to just use a defense or resistance refined Slaying Lance. My Lukas is +Def and runs a defense refined Slaying Lance. It works and I just want more defense and even resistance on him over attack. Sturdy Stance as the unique refinement effect is all right, but as someone who likes having his defense be that high at all times which includes using his default Fortress Def, Bracing Stance might have been better, Steady Stance, even Warding Stance, or they could have gone ham and had the unique refinement be Fortress Def/Res 3. A no health requirement other than not being dead Guard would have been great too, but we got what we got and that's a Brighter Lance/Shinonome Lance.

Cancel Affinity is very situational. If anything, it's better in the hands of the developers when they design maps by having an enemy unit you can't just bulldoze with T-Adept, especially -raven mages where Cecilia, Lyon, F!Robin, and Sophia are all free and Henry and M!Robin were quest units. I guess it's kind of like enemy armors usually having Wary Fighter even though Bold Fighter, Special Fighter, and Vengeful Fighter are much more dangerous or enemy Gronnwolf mages and or enemies with Bowbreaker because everyone knows Reinhardt destroys everything and CYL Lyn was the definite F2P pick of CYL.

With Aether Raids being a thing now, players are put into the developers' shoes when designing defense maps and Cancel Affinity is useful there to prevent T-Adept units from having a field day. This goes back to CYL Lyn and includes CYL Veronica where T-Adept -raven mage would be useful against them. That said, Cancel Affinity doesn't stop CYL Veronica from hitting and debuffing people or healers running the Pain train or slapping Gravity onto people and CYL Lyn with Firesweep Bow, Poison Strike, Savage Blow, and a Poison Strike or a Savage Blow seal might be more practical and flexible when she can just wreak havoc.

The other reason you would want to run Cancel Affinity is to get rid of the T-Adept effect of Palla's, Seth's, Sully's, Stahl's, and Titania's personal weapons. I get why people do it, but I still find it a bit absurd at times where people want all units to be capable of destroying everything when it's fine for them to be specialists.

As for more FEH stuff, have you all seen the stats of the new units?
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...ss_within_lv_1_40_unit_stats_datamine_582019/.

Mareeta's 42 HP, 33 Atk, 41 Spd, 29 Def, and 23 Res gives her 168 BST and she has speed and resistance superassets and a defense superflaw. She is once again another powercreep against Athena. Compared to Athena, +6 HP, +2 Atk, +3 Spd, +2 Def, and -1 Res; compared to Mia, +4 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, +1 Def, and -1 Res; compared to CYL Celica, +4 HP, +2 Spd, -1 Res; and compared to Rutger, -2 HP, +1 Atk, +2 Spd, -1 Res. Mareeta now has the highest speed in the game and of course +Spd is a superasset.

Spoilers!Berkut's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 17 Spd, 35 Def, and 30 Res gives him 157 BST and he has an attack superasset and HP, speed, and resistance superflaws. He is min-maxed to say the least. Compared his regular self, -3 HP, +1 Atk, -5 Spd, +4 Def, and +6 Res and compared to Silas, -7 Spd, -1 Def, and +9 Res. Spoilers!Berkut is more or less a lance version of Hrid and a +Res, -Atk one at that. Compared to neutral Hrid, -1 HP, -2 Atk, -1 Def, and +4 Res.

F!Corrin's 43 HP, 35 Atk, 37 Spd, 31 Def, and 27 Res gives her 173 BST, she has a speed superasset and a resistance superflaw, and yes, she has trainee BST because why the hell not. Meanwhile, the Kanas. Compared to her Adrift self, +2 HP, +4 Atk, and -1 Def and compared to her regular self, +2 HP, +8 Atk, +3 Spd, -4 Def, and +6 Res. Also, compared to Velouria, +3 HP, -2 Def, and +4 Res. She's pretty damn tanky and being a colorless dragon means she's only really weak to -raven mages and anti-dragon weapons. Anti-dragon weapons are much more common than anti-beast, but given her higher resistance part of which probably did come from having, yet again, inexplicable trainee BST, she can be a better mixed tank than Velouria with her default Savage Breath contributing to this when she's not near allies or with in inherited Dark or Water Breath.

Evil kid Tiki's 45 HP, 36 Atk, 34 Spd, 37 Def, and 28 Res gives her 180 BST and she has no superassets and defense and resistance superflaws. Compared to her legendary self, +2 Atk, -1 Spd, and -1 Res. She is a creature.

Puppet Delthea's 41 HP, 36 Atk, 33 Spd, 19 Def, and 28 Res gives her 157 BST. Compared to her regular self, +8 HP, -1 Spd, +6 Def, and -3 Res. Compared to regular Celica, +2 HP, +4 Atk, -3 Def, and +6 Res. Why did I compare her to regular Celica? Because of puppet Delthea's personal tome: Death. Puppet Delthea comes with a personal tome called Death, Glacies, Death Blow 3 at 5*, and Even Atk Wave at 4*. Death's effects are "Grants Res+3. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, deals 4 damage to unit." Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/bmdf8w/deltheas_datamined_skills/.

With her tome, she's kind of like a blue Celica who traded overall attack and speed for defense and resistance. With their base stats, puppet Delthea's like a +Atk, -Def Celica and +Atk is Celica's best asset since her speed can be very high through unique refined Ragnarok. That part is where puppet Delthea isn't as crazy as Celica. At full health and with their tomes, neutral Celica will have 38 effect speed while Delthea will have 37 speed. Unique refined Ragnarok's Brazen Atk/Spd bumps Celica up to 45 when she's at <= 80% HP. Delthea doesn't have a Brazen effect on her tome, so she can't run a triple Brazen, especially a Atk/Spd one, like Celica. That said, she can run Fury 3, Desperation, and Brazen Atk/Res and do a similar thing as Celica, but with 8 less attack and speed from not having Brazen Atk/Spd 3 on her tome and the Atk/Spd Push-like effect of Death only giving her +4 to attack and speed instead of +5. With that build, though, she will have an effective 38 resistance when above Brazen Atk/Spd range and 45 resistance when in Brazen Atk/Res range.

And I burned my remaining tickets on the CYL2 banner to see if I could chance more CYL Celicas or anyone else by sniping reds since I didn't want to spend orbs or many orbs. I summoned a CYL Veronica instead on the last ticket summon which had 2 red orbs. The first two times, no reds, so I tried green and only got Libra (+HP, -Spd) and Beruka (neutral), and then the next three only netted me a 4* Eirika (+Res, -Def), a 3* M!Corrin (+HP, -Def), and a 3* Chrom (+Res, -Def). Thanks, game. On the bright side, I can +10 Eirika, but there's so many reds and I don't really need to. I guess I could do it and switch her blessing from water to light so she can be with L'Arachel on a light team.

4* Gaius: +Def, -Atk.

3* Henry: neutral.

4* L'Arachel: +Spd, -HP.

4* Silvia: +Atk, -Spd.

5* CYL Veronica: +Res, -Spd.

Also, I summoned a M!Grima from somewhere. I don't remember where. I think it might have been from a CYL1 ticket summon.

Edit: Oh hey, Final Fantasy VII Remake stuff: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/...redesigned-cloud-aerith-and-sephiroth-reveal/.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: I guess I have a Kaden now. A green beast, a green unit, an off-focus green from the new Fallen Heroes banner.
3* Boey: +Spd, -Def.

4* Draug #1: +HP, -Res.

4* Felicia: +Res, -Atk.

4* Ogma: +Res, -HP.

4* Shanna: +Res, -Spd.

4* Cain: +Res, -Def.

5* Kaden: +Atk, -Res.

3* Mathilda: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Selena: +Atk, -HP.

3* Stahl: +HP, -Def.

4* Cecilia: +HP, -Res.

4* Effie: +Atk, -Spd.