• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sup all?

So I got my results back from University and I scored a 78/100 which I am VERY satisfied with.

And I had a thought of Adachi's Interactions and what his moveset would be like too if he makes it into BBTAG. :yeahboi:

So since no one asked, I'll leave them here. :V

Input | Move
4AAA |

5AAA |

5BBB |

5C |

2A |

2B |

2C |

jAA |

jB |

jCC |

236x |

236x (A Followup) |

236x (B Followup) |

214x |

B+C (Throw) |

D+P |

236BC |

214BC |

222BC |

4P |

5P |

6P |

w/ Noel:
Intro:
Noel: A police officer? I look forward to working with you!
Adachi: Well... I'm a former cop, but sure let's go with that.

Win:
Noel: You're under arrest, resistence is futile!
Adachi: No need to make them look more like a loser!

Post-Win:
Adachi: Feels kind of nostalgic having to work with another cop, oh those were the days...
Noel: A former cop? I wonder why he left the police force...

w/ Hazama:
Intro:
Adachi: This ought to be fun, beating up these dumbasses.
Hazama: My, oh my! What a personality you have, mind if I sit this one out?

Win:
Adachi: Haha! Get lost, all of you!
Hazama: Now, now. Children shouldn't be fighting.

Post-Win:
Hazama: What a manipulative demeanor you have there. Oh, I can't wait to see what hell you'll be able to raise.
Adachi: Oh trust me, I've raised hell back when I was a cop.

w/ Hakumen
Intro:
Hakumen: I will slay all of those who stand in the way of righteousness!
Adachi: Then how about you deal with these idiots then, it'll be a sight to see!

Win:
Adachi: You understand now, right? Drop dead!
Hakumen: Such evil feelings and deeds will not be ignored from you either!

Post-Win:
Adachi: You wouldn't really think of hurting a former cop now, would you?
Hakumen: Quiet. No matter what your role was in the past, these villainous deeds and crimes you have commited will still be dealt with by my own hands, scum.
w/ Yu:
Intro:
Yu: I don't like doing this... But I'll need your help Adachi-san!
Adachi: Oh please. Why would I need to help YOU!?

Win:
Yu: This is the strength of our bonds, got that?
Adachi: Bonds, smonds. Why even rely on those?

Post-win:
Adachi: All you need to know Narukami-kun is this, I do not need or rely on your help or anyone else's. I fight in solitude.
Yu: That's perfectly fine, however you will never be able to reach your goals without the assistance or help others.

w/ Yosuke
Intro:
Yosuke: Just because we're teaming up, doesn't mean I forgive you alright!?
Adachi: Fine by me. Just means I get to watch you flail around like an idiot!

Win:
Adachi: Good, now that's out of the way... GET LOST HANAMURA-KUN!
Yosuke: Grr... I can't wait to beat you senseless after what you've done.

Post-Win:
Adachi: You may act like you're cool and all that. But let's face facts Hanamura-kun, you're nothing. It's quite obvious when people look at you.
Yosuke: Hey, don't go talking like that at me! I may be weak, but at least I got my friends to back me up!

w/ Kanji:
Intro:
Kanji: After this is done, I'll take you down myself!
Adachi: So you say, but let's see how that fares afterwards.

Win:
Adachi: What a sight to behold, you took them down quite quickly.
Kanji: Don't try and slither your way out of this.

Post-Win:
Kanji: You're up next! Come on, let's fight! I'll take you on!
Adachi: Haha. Kids these day have no respect for their elders, fine. I'll discipline you properly!

w/ Naoto S.
Intro:
Adachi: Well then... Time for some fun, wouldn't you say?
Naoto S: Adachi-san... I'll make sure you're back behind bars after this.

Win:
Naoto S: No matter much you try to repent Adachi-san, the crimes you commited will still linger.
Adachi: You honestly think I care?

Post-Win:
Naoto S: Adachi Tohru, I'm placing you under arrest for escaping jail. You're coming with me.
Adachi: There's no chance that'll happen Detective Shirogane. You'll have to surprise me first.
w/ Gordeau:
Intro:
Gordeau: A former cop, eh? What's a guy like you wantin' to team with me?
Adachi: Let's just say certain circumstances have lead to this.

Win:
Adachi: What a poor sight to behold, wouldn't you say?
Gordeau: I can see why you left the force, not your kind of thing I guess.

Post-Win:
Gordeau: Okay, isn't it about time you head back to whatever prison cell you came from? I can tell that you have a soul that is ripe and ready for harvesting.
Adachi: I wouldn't be so full of yourself if I were you. I mean, I am armed and could probably take you down with one shot.

w/ Carmine:
Intro:
Carmine: Don't get in my way cop! I don't need your help at all!
Adachi: What a coincidence, I don't need your help either, let's just do what we have to do.

Win:
Adachi: Beaten easily by me, how does it feel?
Carmine: They must be pissing themselves, weaklings!

Post-Win:
Adachi: Those opponents of ours were far too weak for our tastes, wouldn't you agree blood boy?
Carmine: I bet you're even weaker then them, how about I test that on you?
w/ Yang:
Intro:
Yang: Alright then, let's get to the punch-a-thon!
Adachi: You do that... I'll just sit back and watch.

Win:
Adachi: You honestly think you could take me? How about you get lost!
Yang: You need to take a chill pill...

Post-Win:
Yang: So you're a cop are you? Well, you definitely don't act like one. Don't expect you to be a great role model for anyone.
Adachi: Oh trust me, I am a great role model to my inmates in jail.

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
idk how I missT 7rings for the B•GAL This long and I'm ashamed.

btw Baptiste is out so here's this meme rehash ofc:

pls save him

Meanwhile, the developers giving random personal weapons to units. :p
That's the only way to fix outclassed units... Because simply adding +1 to all stats upon hitting 5* lvl 40 never crossed their minds. Which is a good thing because getting potentially OP weapons = more fun.

Phantom is godlike.
Ye, vs medium or slow speed heauxes who can't outcamp her. But that's better than nothing.

Her ground kit is pretty great overall despite being worse than similar groundkits. That's why when I play Zelda, I rarely leave the ground and basically never touch Lkicks unless it's to harass opponents who are open to guaranteed hits. She's essentially a bigger Little Mac with less reach and speed, but better recovery. She also trades super armor for low-level intangibility/transcendence... Which is obviously a bad trade oopsT.

But I prefer ground-play anyway. Except for Palutena, who is basically Reverse Zelda. Fast! Great aerial kit! Clunky and risky ground kit. But also Zelda because special spam is required but not Link/TLink/etc levels of ez.

Yeah the phantom (aka Toon Zelda) in Hyrule Warriors is really busted. Easily a top tier, probably even better than Cia.
Sorry but Cia's yandere/sass levels are far too high for any form of Zelda to beat. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah the phantom (aka Toon Zelda) in Hyrule Warriors is really busted. Easily a top tier, probably even better than Cia.
So, what you're telling everyone is that Zelda needs to die in order to be top tier? :p

As for FEH stuff, a strange looking Marisa showed up. Wasn't even on a pegasus.
4* Draug: +Def, -Spd.

5* Ephraim: +Def, -Spd. On the bright side, Ephraim doesn't need to be -Def anymore and +Res doesn't really matter to him compared to +Atk, +Def, or even +Spd.

4* Lilina: +Def, -Res.

3* Matthew: +Def, -Spd.

3* Ogma: +Res, -Def.

3* Athena: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Cain #1: +Def, -Spd.

3* Cain #2: +Res, -HP.

4* Cecilia: +Spd, -HP.

4* Sakura: +Atk, -HP.

Edit: RIP this banner and RIP getting spring Marisa.
3* F!Corrin: +HP, Spd.

4* Eirika: +Def, -Atk.

4* Hawkeye: +Def, -HP. Finally, a +Def Hawkeye and the bane doesn't really matter anymore even though I wanted a +Def, -Spd one.

4* Rebecca: +HP, -Atk.

3* Sakura: +Def, -HP.

4* Arthur: +Res, -Spd.

4* Donnel: +Res, -Atk.

3* Eliwood: +Atk, -Def.

4* Leon: +Atk, -Def.

4* Ogma: +HP, Res.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So, what you're telling everyone is that Zelda needs to die in order to be top tier?
I was leaning more towards that the Toon versions of Zelda characters will always be better than their standards version for some reason, but that works too.
Sorry but Cia's yandere/sass levels are far too high for any form of Zelda to beat. :^)
You can't be yandere and sassy at the same time, sorry.

Aussie1024

"Stow your fear. It's now or never!"
Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted on this thread. I hope this finds you all well.

I've been grinding a lot of online battles trying to get better with all my mains. While I haven't reached Elite with anyone (Zelda being the highest at close to 2 million GSP), I'm learning so much whenever I play, and the training is really paying off.

Over the past weekend, I visited an old friend of mine from high school and we played several Ultimate battles. He's the best player I've ever faced in my experience playing Smash. He grew up playing Melee and was fantastic at it. He would come to my house and whip me in Brawl quite a number of times. It left me very frustrated.

However, the battles we had together this weekend showed me how far I've come in getting better as a player in this game. While I thought I did pretty well with my other mains, my Zelda really shined. I was able to win a lot of matches with her against him with many characters. He kept daring me to use my Zelda and I was able to win a decent amount of my matches. I felt sharp in my decision-making. While it wasn't a perfect set of battles (I could have Farore'd less and done more U-tilt and D-tilt), I left his house feeling very encouraged about my Zelda because I was able to go toe-to-toe with one of the best players I've played in my life with solid results. Even in losing, I could walk away being proud of my play. He gave me full respect for my Zelda and how solid it was. I felt humbled to hear that. We're close friends like brothers, but hearing that from him made me feel very meek.

This past weekend really humbled me in realizing how far I've come in improving as a Smasher since Ultimate's release. I only hope to use that as motivation as I keep practicing and getting better as the days go along.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
However, the battles we had together this weekend showed me how far I've come in getting better as a player in this game. While I thought I did pretty well with my other mains, my Zelda really shined. I was able to win a lot of matches with her against him with many characters. He kept daring me to use my Zelda and I was able to win a decent amount of my matches. I felt sharp in my decision-making. While it wasn't a perfect set of battles (I could have Farore'd less and done more U-tilt and D-tilt), I left his house feeling very encouraged about my Zelda because I was able to go toe-to-toe with one of the best players I've played in my life with solid results. Even in losing, I could walk away being proud of my play. He gave me full respect for my Zelda and how solid it was. I felt humbled to hear that. We're close friends like brothers, but hearing that from him made me feel very meek.
GJs all around, told ya you've been getting better. Being able to hold your own against someone with that much experience is definitely a major milestone. You know you've done well and played your best, when you can walk away happy in losing. Definitely remember these little victories, it can be difficult to notice improvement and not get discouraged from a seeming lack of it.

My only Smash player friend was finally able to find time out of his busy schedule to play actual offline Smash these past couple weeks, instead of arenas. It definitely showed me how difficult it is to play Zelda online, which is what I normally have to do, and I was able to actually punish things. I'm still the definitively superior player, but he is good enough to keep me on my toes and better than most you will find online. My Zelda solved his character crisis and made him drop Falcon for the Inkling he had been playing around with and once he optimizes that, I will definitely have a difficult challenge.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
btw Baptiste is out so here's this meme rehash ofc:

pls save him
No. He's a bootleg Demoman. :V

But anyway. I completely forgot adding Adachi's Partner Super when you press P after you do a Super. It'll obviously be his 236BC I guess. Well, that's what I think. Also, I'd laugh if the 6th Fate is P4AU. :secretkpop:

I'm also catching up with Mob Psycho 100 since I really need to catch up with that show. Also, speaking of anime.

Watch Kaguya-sama. Just. Do it. Watch that show, it's real good.

Aussie1024

"Stow your fear. It's now or never!"
Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
GJs all around, told ya you've been getting better.
Thanks! I know we talked about it over on the VOD thread, but it's very hard to notice how you're improving on a daily basis. But seeing me able to have close battles with someone that used to whip me in Smash was something I could really use to see how far I've come.

Definitely remember these little victories, it can be difficult to notice improvement and not get discouraged from a seeming lack of it.
Absolutely. There are gonna be days when I play and not feel like I'm improving. This will definitely be something to remember if I'm having an "off-day" or just not performing at the level I believe I should. I've come a long way in improving since the game's release, and I should be proud of what I've done to get better.

It definitely showed me how difficult it is to play Zelda online, which is what I normally have to do, and I was able to actually punish things.
I find this very relatable. Not that Zelda is an easy character to play with, but I find it much more difficult to pull off what I want with her online. Offline it feels more free-wheeling, if you wanna call it that. Idk why this is so, but I'm glad I'm not alone when reading that lol.

My Zelda solved his character crisis and made him drop Falcon for the Inkling he had been playing around with and once he optimizes that, I will definitely have a difficult challenge.
That's awesome you were able to help him out! My friend was trying a lot of different characters against my Zelda and used it as a way of deciding which characters he could use as his mains and alternates. It helped him out quite a bit. That's good you see it that way. It's always nice to have a sparring partner who can play local matches with you and not have to deal with potential lag online. You can work off each other, notice what you like and don't like about their characters (and vice versa), and just practice. It's a really helpful tool to have at your disposal. Do you think he'll be able to spar with you more often locally?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. We got a BUNCH of BBTAG info thanks to some pros in the Anime Fighter Community. :yeahboi:

I think I'll leave them all here and might credit the users if anyone wants to check them out.

Teddie has the following assists:
4P - Item Toss
5P - Bearscrew
6P - Tomahawk Missile

He has his vanilla Item List:
Green Mech
Can
Pink Mech
Muscle Drink
Air Balloon
Barrel
Zigzag
Fireworks
Ice Cube
Frog Bomb
Mystery Food X
Pinwheel
Lightning
METEORS (Buckets)

His 5B isn't dash cancellable, so you'll either need to do 22x or Assist to make it safe.

If you want to lose friends, then play Teddie/Vatista. That is from what I've read up, a team from hell.
Her jC is her Homing, so she doesn't have a dedicated jC attack like the majority of the cast.
Her 236x is her Punches.
Her 214x is her Projectiles.
Her j214x is her Dive Kick.

As for assists:
4P - Anti-Air
5P - Punch
6P - Heart Beam

And she is hella UNGA. Which sounds really fun and interesting, I'll give her a shot with Gordeau when the AE Patch comes out.

Heart also has her own section similar to the other franchises.
His Aerial Command Grab is not unblockable, he cannot act out of his Dive Kick.

He can reach 8k from his 5B Autocombo > Assist > 5B Autocombo > Super. That's pretty good.

His Orbs can be struck or projectiled, meaning that if you pay attention to them and Seth, then you can easily get around them.

BUT HIS ORBS DON'T GO AWAY IF HE SWITCHES. Meaning you can't get rid of them if you hit his teammate. LOL.

Seth has a Jack-O colour. Referencing her from Guilty Gear REV 2.

That's all the stuff they got for the newcomers outside of Naoto K.

Also, god dammit Brett, what have you and Squish gotten yourselves into this time!?

https://twitter.com/Beikho
https://twitter.com/PT_Adrock
https://twitter.com/_shunao
https://twitter.com/DarylBunao

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
What’s unusual about Smash Zelda is throughout Melee - Smash 4 Zelda looked like she was in her early twenties, and then Ultimate came out and suddenly she’s barely 13.
You can't be yandere and sassy at the same time, sorry.
This social is made up of people who have at least one of these qualities, sometimes both.:bobomb:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
my free summon on the HatF rerun was a Spring Sharena! She’s +res -atk but idc she’s new. She’s also trash for SI so no use in foddering her off. This is the first 5* I’ve free summoned in a long time, so hopefully that means my luck is going to improve. Also, now I won’t have to use Loki as my bonus unit for the upcoming TT anymore, which is nice ig

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Diagonal inputs on the keyboard are weird for DoA. I remember having a hard time getting them to work for DoA5: Last Round and I'm still having the same trouble with DoA6. Anyway, I think this was the same case for DoA5, but DoA6 has a fantastic tutorial. They cover pretty much everything you need to know how to play the game. That's a fantastic way to get someone into the game, especially a fighting game where many of them kind of just leave you with a basic tutorial of what buttons do what and the rest you have to figure out on your own or find guides somewhere.

For FEH, I wish I had a bun-bun pal. I also wish I had more of certain units like Barst, Chrom. Legault, Selena, Tailtiu, and more freaking green units.
4* Caeda: +HP, -Def.

4* Gaius: +Def, -Spd.

4* Oboro: +Res, -Def.

4* Priscilla: +HP, -Spd.

4* Tailtiu: +Atk, -Def.

4* Azama: +Res, -Atk.

3* Camilla: +Res, -Spd.

3* Hana: +Def, -HP.

4* Peri: +HP, -Def.

3* Seth: +Def, -Spd.

Edit: Holy ****. Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines 2 was announced. Does anyone remember the first game? I've never played it, people said it was a really good RPG and now it's getting a sequel around 16 years later. Now, if only we could get a proper Legacy of Kain sequel. Here's the trailer. WARNING: It's a vampire game, so there's blood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYvWfDxhm_s.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ayy!

We got Heart Aino gameplay now! :yeahboi:

And then we'll be getting some more footage of it at their Booth in Toushinsai this weekend. I'm hoping we'll get a lot of :nifty: stuff to look at. Including interactions that they all have. Looking at what Heart has, it's really interesting. And I heard she can easily reach 8.5k, so she's gonna be VERY unga. Might use her, but I'll need to work on my Gordeau post patch whenever that comes out.

Also, my copy of Fate/Extella LINK should be arriving today for my Switch. I'll definitely be putting more time into that game then I did with Umbral Star.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Bayonetta 3's outfit is pretty good. 10/10 leak.

Eddie The Pacifist Eddie The Pacifist your avaTar is curseT and I'm calling da cops.

Anyway... Got Ms Espurrrr up to +4 in FEH. Thanks to WrAtH tOmE she can use a +atk seal so maybe I'll make her +atk IVs for even dumber damage. It's weird having an extra Lewyn tho. Like, Special Spiral is the most OP infantry skill atm but nobody can really use it in a way that's OP-ish.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice was released today and I'm not sure how spoilery this is, but apparently two characters in the game are voiced by Ray Chase and Stephanie Sheh. I looked up some videos a day before its release and when I heard one of the characters talk, I knew it was Ray Chase. I'm guessing him voicing Noctis might have furthered his career even more like what happened with Troy Baker after he voiced Snow Villiers in Final Fantasy XIII. They were well known or had done some notable roles, but after voicing a protagonist in a Final Fantasy game? Yeah, that's definitely going to make you well-known. As for Stephanie Sheh, the character sounded like her Tharja voice where it was kind of raspy and Stephanie Sheh-sounding, but I wasn't sure until I checked today to confirm it was her.

Maybe it was Activision publishing Sekiro or maybe it was something else, but Sekiro's English voice cast has people who are well-known or the usual English dub voice actors instead of the obscure, unheard of people like in the Demon's/Dark Souls games and Bloodborne. That was one thing I loved about the latter where they could have, assuming they had the budget, hired your usual English dub voices and had them voice them or do an accent, but instead they hired people like Evetta Muradasilova who voiced the Maiden in Black in Demon's Souls and the Doll in Bloodborne which worked out wonderfully in some parts of their accents were theirs and in the other part of they simply did a fantastic job. That is not to say that hiring the usual English dub voice actors is a bad thing or that they didn't do a good job with Sekiro, but that it was interesting and fresh to hear more unknown voices that Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne had done.

For FEH, a spring chicken showed up. Well, a spring heron.
4* M!Corrin: +Res, -HP.

4* Donnel: +Atk, -HP.

4* Fir: +Def, -Spd.

3* Jakob: +Atk, -Res.

4* Reyson: +Def, -Res.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Do you think he'll be able to spar with you more often locally?
He might for a bit, given his busy part of the year is nearing its end, but he is going to move eventually, not really sure when yet.

Yeah, she looks perfectly fine to me. A friend called me a lolicon and said that she even barely looks like a teen. >:(
Bully him back by saying he is into old ladies, if he seriously thinks rounder features makes her a loli.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've been playing it, if you want someone to talk about it with.
Well, I can say this.

I enjoy it. I think it's better then the previous game, graphically it looks better, the tutorials actually are better and explain the mechanics way better then before (I never even learned how to use the Nobel Phantasm in Umbral Star). There isn't as much text or dialog as before (But enough to make the characters still likeable), and the newest additions are great to see in action (Though I jokingly told Charles to just go away as I was too focused on using Nero and Tamamo, you know the lesbians that are after Female Hakuno. And yes, I went Female Hakuno because why not, yuri for all.)

Also, the Multiplayer. It's actually solid, I had no issues at all playing against people online on the Switch version. I've had no lag or latency issues so far and it's been enjoyable. Played 2 games of KOTH, going Nero for one game and then Astolfo for the other.

It's fun and enjoyable. Right now, I'm using Nero, Tamamo and Astolfo. When I can unlock them, I will use Scathach and Artoria (Blue Saber). I have heard that Astolfo is one of the best characters in the game (As in he is broken af), Tamamo and Nero are good, then again I haven't looked up a tier list of Extella LINK. I did get the DLC Costumes too, but I ran short of funds to get Young Altera. Plus, I'll need to get funds for the Nintendo Switch Online and BBTAG's Arcade DLC.

...Speaking of.

Someone managed to record a bunch of footage from BBTAG.

I wish they connected Heart's Astral. I wanted to hear what AH's Astral Theme is and what her Astral is. FeelsBadMan. Buuuut, we get to hear all of the characters speak English.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Well, I can say this.

I enjoy it. I think it's better then the previous game, graphically it looks better, the tutorials actually are better and explain the mechanics way better then before (I never even learned how to use the Nobel Phantasm in Umbral Star). There isn't as much text or dialog as before (But enough to make the characters still likeable), and the newest additions are great to see in action (Though I jokingly told Charles to just go away as I was too focused on using Nero and Tamamo, you know the lesbians that are after Female Hakuno. And yes, I went Female Hakuno because why not, yuri for all.)

Also, the Multiplayer. It's actually solid, I had no issues at all playing against people online on the Switch version. I've had no lag or latency issues so far and it's been enjoyable. Played 2 games of KOTH, going Nero for one game and then Astolfo for the other.

It's fun and enjoyable. Right now, I'm using Nero, Tamamo and Astolfo. When I can unlock them, I will use Scathach and Artoria (Blue Saber). I have heard that Astolfo is one of the best characters in the game (As in he is broken af), Tamamo and Nero are good, then again I haven't looked up a tier list of Extella LINK. I did get the DLC Costumes too, but I ran short of funds to get Young Altera. Plus, I'll need to get funds for the Nintendo Switch Online and BBTAG's Arcade DLC.
I mean, female Hakuno is canon soooooo...

But yeah, that's about what I was thinking. Mechanically it's a much better game and I really like what they've changed in the battle system. The graphics are also a lot better, but I don't like that they went visual novel for the cutscenes; even if you go all the back to Fate/Extra on the PSP there were cutscenes using ingame assets, like Fate/Extella had. Losing that and all the personal touches in the various My Rooms is a real bummer.

The plot on the other hand...I'm pretty iffy on it so far. The game is billed as a sequel to Extella, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything with that information. Character interactions, particular plot points, even some of the relationships Hakuno has with the various heroes (of those that have been around since the original PSP game) aren't...well, right. It's like the history between all of them have been wiped clean. This is annoying, considering how I really liked Extella's plot and was hoping to see a continuation of it.

Honestly, it feels like Link is more a game using an upgraded Extella engine to make a DW game for Fate/Grand Order players. There are hints of Extella and Extra shoutouts for those looking for it, but the servants for the most part (besides Tamamo and Nero) treat you like you're Ritsuka, the minor amount of character development is more akin to what you'd expect/be most familiar with from FGO's characterization (most notably, Extra/Extella!Elizabeth is not like F/GO!Elizabeth, and we're definitely dealing with the latter. Seeing the continuation of her story arc from Extella was one of things I was looking the most forward to, which sucks), and even the roster is straight from F/GO.

Also, getting your NP in Extella was convoluted mess of having to find the three orange item holders and break them for 1/3rd of the key that will unlock it for a 1-time-only use of it.

TL;DR : Extella can in a lost of ways be called a VN masquerading as a DW clone. The novel component, the plot, always came first over the gameplay which mostly just seemed an addon to increase game length as they complete Hakuno's story. Link feels a lot like the opposite. One's enjoyment will probably be dependent on that alone.

Also Elizabeth isn't very good, Astolfo play Despacito.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Not remarkable by any means, but I take one can imagine you almost feel grateful after how miserable I've been doing in the past month or two (going out at WR1 and stuff). I've also been on stream most tournaments, and managed to have a fun set against a Pichu.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Out of these waifus in Fate/Extella LINK. Who would you pick?

Nero Claudius
Tamamo no Mae
Artoria
Scathach
Astolfo
Elizabeth Bathory
Medusa
Altera
Francis Drake
Jeanne d'Arc

Choose wisely.

I mean, female Hakuno is canon soooooo...

But yeah, that's about what I was thinking. Mechanically it's a much better game and I really like what they've changed in the battle system. The graphics are also a lot better, but I don't like that they went visual novel for the cutscenes; even if you go all the back to Fate/Extra on the PSP there were cutscenes using ingame assets, like Fate/Extella had. Losing that and all the personal touches in the various My Rooms is a real bummer.

The plot on the other hand...I'm pretty iffy on it so far. The game is billed as a sequel to Extella, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything with that information. Character interactions, particular plot points, even some of the relationships Hakuno has with the various heroes (of those that have been around since the original PSP game) aren't...well, right. It's like the history between all of them have been wiped clean. This is annoying, considering how I really liked Extella's plot and was hoping to see a continuation of it.

Honestly, it feels like Link is more a game using an upgraded Extella engine to make a DW game for Fate/Grand Order players. There are hints of Extella and Extra shoutouts for those looking for it, but the servants for the most part (besides Tamamo and Nero) treat you like you're Ritsuka, the minor amount of character development is more akin to what you'd expect/be most familiar with from FGO's characterization (most notably, Extra/Extella!Elizabeth is not like F/GO!Elizabeth, and we're definitely dealing with the latter. Seeing the continuation of her story arc from Extella was one of things I was looking the most forward to, which sucks), and even the roster is straight from F/GO.

Also, getting your NP in Extella was convoluted mess of having to find the three orange item holders and break them for 1/3rd of the key that will unlock it for a 1-time-only use of it.

TL;DR : Extella can in a lost of ways be called a VN masquerading as a DW clone. The novel component, the plot, always came first over the gameplay which mostly just seemed an addon to increase game length as they complete Hakuno's story. Link feels a lot like the opposite. One's enjoyment will probably be dependent on that alone.

Also Elizabeth isn't very good, Astolfo play Despacito.
Fair enough. It does sadden me that I never did finish all of Umbral Star, but LINK I will actually be putting more time into. I've already done two of the Extra Battles, unlocking Nero's Idol costume and Astolfo's Casual wear.

I'll admit, I'm surprised that they haven't given us more costumes. Compared to what Nero had in Umbral Star (Well, the Switch Version I had at least), she had a lot of costumes. Casual, Bridal, Fancy Dress, etc. So it has me curious whether they'll add newer costumes down the line as DLC. Like maybe we'll get the Bridal costume for Nero along with a Summer costume for Astolfo, Artoria's casual costume from Fate/stay night or maybe even her Waitress costume from Carnival Phantasm.

Also, if you had to compile a tier list of the Servants (From Best to Worst combat and playstyle wise). What would yours look like? I do know that Astolfo is the most broken character in the game, thanks to his Power Up Active Skill and Hippogriff which just steam rolls through enemies FAST.

Oh, might as well talk about Duel Links. Like anyone cares about it here. :secretkpop:

I've now reached King Of Games in Ranked. Took me a while, but I reached it with a Yubel Deck that I managed to make. I'll leave it here.

Deck Name: According to Zane, broke
Skill: My Name Is Yubel
Monsters:
x1 Cerulean Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
x2 Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare
x2 Yubel - Terror Incarnate
x3 Yubel
x2 Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
x2 Disciple of Nephthys
x3 Fire King Yaksha

Spells:
x3 Fire King Island
x1 Rebirth of Nephthys

Traps:
x1 Treacherous Trap Hole

Thanks to the Yubel Event appearing again, I've managed to get a 2nd copy of UN and 3 copies of TI. Which allow me to get my monsters out more efficiently, plus if I use one of TI or UN as Ritual Material for Cerulean. Then that means I can more efficiently get them out once Yubel is either sacked thanks to Island, Disciple or Yaksha. The main issues however are those that are running Skull Meister, the toxic Koa'kis and some Stall decks which can really cause the deck to just get screwed over. Same goes with bricking, if you don't get what you want in the first few turns, then you might as well just Surrender. You're not getting what you're after.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo - gr8 song for the occasional Gorl Villager so ye thnx.
Ffamran Ffamran - added because a clip of that song can easily be used for a meme segment.
Cress! Cress! - oopsT sorry I'm not taking 100% serious suggestions anymore. :^)

I have discovered the reason why Zelda is seemingly Zeldawful/slow in Smash games. She's a bad gorl, so she's walking in slow-motion by default.
proof:

On to other things... I began playing this mobile game called Muscle Hustle: Slingshot Wrestling. I thought it was dumb at first but it's actually kind of fun. There's a gacha element ofc and a bunch of cool wrestler bois AND gorls. I 100% appreciate how none of them are posed as heauxes. I'm still getting the hang of it but there's really no roadblocks in terms of stamina, just resources. No voice acting besides the announcers and attack grunts tho... Which is probably a plus I guess? idk

If any gorl wants to play click this link so I get free stuff ok thanks. At least I think that's how it works.

Here are the different gorls/bois: https://muscle-hustle-wrestlerpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Muscle_Hustle_Wrestlerpedia_Wiki

I think my fav gorl/boi that I have so far are Face Nikita and Heel Bruno. I also have a bunch of bara bois ofc but the gorls are actually worth collecting because they are stronk sassinators and not gross anime waifus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Out of these waifus in Fate/Extella LINK. Who would you pick?

Scathach
Astolfo
Elizabeth Bathory

Choose wisely.

I don't really do modern Fate, but chances are one of those two.

Elizabeth just had me at "puppy". You had me at hello puppy.

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Time for some good news and bad news for you BBTAG fans. :V

Good news.
We got a release date for the Arcade Edition patch for BBTAG.

Bad news.
It's Mid May.

FeelsBadMan. Having to wait on Teddie, Seth, Naoto K. and Heart. But maybe this means we'll get more fighters along the way as we wait? Hmm... This could be what ArcSys is planning right now. Plus it gives the other companies who they're working with more time to design/create the newcomers. Still hoping for Saki from AH to make it into BBTAG, she needs to be with Heart dammit!

At least we get to see their Astrals~

Heart literally drops a Spirit Bomb onto her opponent (Which is her Level 3 from AH3SSLM), Seth's is his Infinite Worth, Naoto and Teddie's are obviously their IKs.

Oh, and I'll be trying to get that new LD we can get in Duel Links today. Shouldn't be too hard I guess?

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I like Zelda's design in this game. I also like here Twilight Princess Design, but I understand them wanting something "fresh" or new for this game. Also Zelda's Twilight dress was better in Brawl, than Smash Wii U for poofiness in her dress alone. They'd slim it down a little too much in Wii U.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I spent, like, 60 dollars on The Muscle Hustle game because it's super fun and I wanted to get this one buff dude called Shady Cady because he's obviously a shade kween. Also bara.

Instead I wound up summoning this Ultimate Sass Gawdess who eventually becomes this Sassy Destroyer Of Worlds and I love her. I summoned the Heel version of Lady Haze too, but this game basically says we should have 3 of each role and there's 6 roles. So I had to sacrifice the heel version to the Pink Sass Gawdess version. rip

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY I GOT THIS HAPPY WRESTLER BOI AND HE BECOMES A HAPPY BARA WRESTLER BOI. HE IS THE ONLY SMILEY BOI WITH 0% ANGST/ANGER AND HE DOESN'T CARE IF HE'S 3-STAR CAPPED, HE'S JUST HAPPY TO BE HERE. HE MUST BE PROTECTED. AAAAAaAaAaAAaaAAAaaaAaaaa

As for FEH stuff I'm just autoplaying the hell out of it until the banner drops next week. I have 60 orbs saved up and hope I get a good boi or legendary boi. My roster is severely lacking in the good boi department. :^(

Top Bottom