• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

The Fliff

Smash Rookie
Ooo wait, would you mind friending each other on Xbox? (I'm still using my PuffleKirby21 tag over there. I should change it, but the mess of referencing a Nintendo and PC series, with an avatar showcasing a PS character on an Xbox account is too chaotic to give up). And welcome back, it's nice to see you again!
Sure! I'll add you the next time I hop on the Xbox.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Time for me to add some Custom Cards here that I made upon request of a friend! :yeahboi:

1614275908934.png

1614275918669.png

1614275927593.png

1614275942423.png

1614275952419.png

1614275963117.png

You are welcome you Yu-Gi-Oh! fans (If there any still left living in the Zelda Social).

Also, I've been seeing people getting hype from the Guilty Gear Strive Beta, in fact, I've seen some good meme comments on Dustloop now thanks to the game. And I'm still waiting on my boy Robo-Ky to make it in. Since I like Robo-Ky the most out of the entire cast.

1614276084706.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond remakes are coming out! Except they've been done dirty.

No. Sweeties. People loved the character designs for the player characters/NPC/etc. People disliked the weird/low-res textures and small routes/empty open space wild areas. But sure, let's just take several steps back instead of bringing an old Pokemon game into the future. It'd be cute if only the Mine/Underground segments were in the style shown, maybe even all of the outdoors. But inside gyms, stores, and important areas they'd be the more up to date character models/sizes.

Another thing, why don't they just let us dress up our characters, still? You can do a remake and add things that are 100% improvements. You don't have to stick to the garbage of the past just for the sake of nostalgia.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

No. Sweeties. People loved the character designs for the player characters/NPC/etc. People disliked the weird/low-res textures and small routes/empty open space wild areas. But sure, let's just take several steps back instead of bringing an old Pokemon game into the future. It'd be cute if only the Mine/Underground segments were in the style shown, maybe even all of the outdoors. But inside gyms, stores, and important areas they'd be the more up to date character models/sizes.

Another thing, why don't they just let us dress up our characters, still? You can do a remake and add things that are 100% improvements. You don't have to stick to the garbage of the past just for the sake of nostalgia.
I quite like the art style, but I'm not a fan of the top-down angle. And yeah, it's so odd that they just won't let people dress up in the remakes.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm watching The Social Distancing Club show/zoom podcast and it's somehow so adorable. Most of the format includes 3 comedians who invite 1 to 3 other comedians to do 5 minute sets. They banter as most podcasts do, but y'know, comedians make for more entertaining background noise than angry boys or liek omg u gaiz girls. They play word games with their audience. There's a front row audience of sort, where their zoom cameras are on and we can see/hear them. They occasionally participate. There's goofs like "haha fat unhealthy comedian has to eat a vegetable of the viewers' choice" which is actually a 10/10 goof. Somehow the most wholesome-but-R-rated video group I've come across; even after considering Critical/Charlie Vlogs or H3 Podcast.

Side note: I must now choose my Kween nomination from the front row audience. So I choose Tam. She's an army veteran and is currently a nurse on the front lines. She's also funny and TBH just a true Kween. Sorry Zelda. Take a seat. This random woman who I have never met is more impressive than you in terms of sass and kweenliness.

I know y'all don't know who Tam is, but you're just gonna have to take my word that she's better than Zelda. Absolute facts.

I'm much more interested in Legends: Arceus than the remakes. It's something new and innovative.
I googled that and glad you said it. I only found that BD/SP remake trailer and assumed that was their biggest update. I get it now! Legends is the awesome thing to look out for and BD/SP is something to easily ignore... Unless it contains Platinum content and maybe even some more of the newer features. I doubt they'll do that.

I quite like the art style, but I'm not a fan of the top-down angle. And yeah, it's so odd that they just won't let people dress up in the remakes.
Art style is cute, but better off when it's used for new games or bringing very old games up to date. Pokemon has already established a style for their latest generations and it should stay that way since it's kinda close to how the Pokemon movies portray humans/Pokemon but in 3D. Backpedaling is just yuck.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
why are u people still talking about pokemon when bravely default ii is now available on the nintendo switch
How is Samurai Warriors? Is it just a slightly more anime-tized version of Dynasty Warriors? Are the movesets similar to DW8/HW1?
I'm... not sure! I've never played a SW game so that's why I wanna make this my first! (Seriously with how much I yell about this genre I should've gotten around to it by now, oops)
Dynasty Warrior 8 has run smoothly on the Switch when docked. I haven't noticed any lag with everything optimized for performance. I would hope SW5 would work nice enough.
It probably will work fine, but it's definitely gonna run better on anything else. And portability means nothing to me since I have mine docked all of the time.
Pirate Warriors 4 is a nice example, I got it on Switch bc a friend wanted to play it online together, and crossplay isn't available. The game works okay on Switch and I can work with it (but sometimes you will be sitting on a loading screen for over a minute), but if I'm able to get a version that runs better for the same price, why not?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The lost unlockable cutscene of Pneuma trying to convert Rex to her religion:

why are u people still talking about pokemon when bravely default ii is now available on the nintendo switch

I'm... not sure! I've never played a SW game so that's why I wanna make this my first! (Seriously with how much I yell about this genre I should've gotten around to it by now, oops)

It probably will work fine, but it's definitely gonna run better on anything else. And portability means nothing to me since I have mine docked all of the time.
Pirate Warriors 4 is a nice example, I got it on Switch bc a friend wanted to play it online together, and crossplay isn't available. The game works okay on Switch and I can work with it (but sometimes you will be sitting on a loading screen for over a minute), but if I'm able to get a version that runs better for the same price, why not?
I did notice the loading times were roughly 10% to 30% longer in DW8 for Switch compared to other things. I'm surprised I was able to play 4+ hours without the thing freezing despite using the original crappy dock. They did a really good job with converting it for the Switch. But at the end of the day, a 1 minute loading screen for a 15-30 minute campaign isn't going to ruin my life.

Maining Zelda has ruined my life enough to the point where it overshadows most inconveniences or wait-times. :secretkpop:

As for BD2... Y'know, I'm kinda bored of RPGs and stories and blahblah? I think I burnt myself out by playing Xenoblade 2, DW8 Pokemon, Animal Crossing, FF12, and then Trials of Mana back to back. That's, like, all types of grinding over the course of a year. I still have Xenoblade's remake to play. idk how it's even possible to be so behind on the game list despite being indoors more lmao.

Thankfully PSO2 allows me to take a break since I can earn 3m weekly without any effort, 15m with a little effort, and that can be used to buy 1 to 10 new fashion pieces to play with. I legit just do 12-person Boss Battles to show off my top tier fashion and provide buffs with the class everyone loves but hates to play as.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
As for BD2... Y'know, I'm kinda bored of RPGs and stories and blahblah? I think I burnt myself out by playing Xenoblade 2, DW8 Pokemon, Animal Crossing, FF12, and then Trials of Mana back to back. That's, like, all types of grinding over the course of a year. I still have Xenoblade's remake to play. idk how it's even possible to be so behind on the game list despite being indoors more lmao.
Meanwhile I went through FF Type-0, Atelier Ryza, FF Type-0 a second time for the new content, and BD II all in a row in the span of about 2 months... and I'm thinking about the next jrpg I wanna tackle. I'm a mess.
For Default II now that I've finished it, it's nice? It's okay? Definitely the weakest of the 3 games but I still mostly liked it. But not anything you need to get to right away.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
EODM07 EODM07 THIS IS NOT A DRILL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SHOVE YOUR FACE INTO THIS.

SHOVE IT.

BECOME ONE WITH IT.
MELTY BLOOD HAS ASCENDED THE BATHROOM TO THE NINTNEDO SWITCH SO NOW MELTY GRAND FINALS WILL HAPPEN IN THE BATHROOM BY CHOICE INSTEAD OF CIRCUMSTANCE!

SAMURAI WARRIORS 5 HI! I WANT GAME NOW! Also this was another case of Nintendo showing me a great game in a Direct... only for me to turn around and buy it on a different console since there's no way this game will run well on the Switch. Thanks for the new Xbox game!
From what little I've seen from it, P5 Scramble looks like it runs nice on the Switch.

Though honestly I was expecting a FE:W 2 announcement.

It still amazes me that the best looking 3D pokemon game is Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee, arguably even including the new Pokemon Snap game and Pokken.

Like...why does this look more like a decade old mobile game then the Switch Let's Go games?

hey guys whats goin on
H E L L O F R I E N D

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
idk how but I fell into a Friday Night Funkin' animation spiral which somehow lead into 3 ENA videos by JoelG. I'll keep the general experience vague and short~ Since I'm probably the last one to see these animations. :^)

1) Will it be awful?
2) Will it be amazing?
3) Will it be nice and happy?
4) Will it be cliché and/or generic?
5) Will any of it make enough sense to absorb?
6) Will it lead to super sweet, gentle, and colorful dreams?

Answer to all of the above:

P1 - Auction Day
P2 - Extinction Party (tbh it'd be cute if it was "Whoa! YOU'RE the gift" but this is fine too)
P3 - Temptation Stairway

A whole lot of nothing.
Even if it's true, it's rude to say.

It still amazes me that the best looking 3D pokemon game is Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee, arguably even including the new Pokemon Snap game and Pokken.

Like...why does this look more like a decade old mobile game then the Switch Let's Go games?
I think they're just trying to use "Hot Mess" as an artistic direction. However, the Pokemon models tend to get updates here and there. So as long as the little babbies look cool/cute then I guess the rest of the game can look like a nostalgic pile of vomit?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
EODM07 EODM07 Nammy12 Nammy12

WE GOT A TRAILER

Buuuuut, now there are rumors they're removing characters like Sion???

Even if it's true, it's rude to say.
To be honest, it's not even accurate.

The social used to be a whole lot of nothing.

Now it's a startling lack of anything.

I mean, we could probably double post as much as we want no one ones gonna stop us.

I think they're just trying to use "Hot Mess" as an artistic direction. However, the Pokemon models tend to get updates here and there. So as long as the little babbies look cool/cute then I guess the rest of the game can look like a nostalgic pile of vomit?
TBH, Diamond & Pearl are nostalgic piles of vomit A N Y W A Y, so I guess all they're really doing is bringing down the visuals to match.

But seriously, D&P were basically beta games that to do this day I can't believe got released and that people bought them. Platinum is already the cream of the crop when it comes to the mainline games, but honestly I can't help but wonder if D&P got the greenlit just so Platinum could come out and seem like an even better game by immediate comparison.

I honestly have a hard time deciding what my favourite version is. Probably Treasure, that one rocks so hard.
Mine would be "Get Lucky". It's subtle, but the whistle part is playing in the background of that sound and it fits so well.

Also also Cress! Cress!

2.5 year anniversary Dragalia Lost.

Did...they forget about our dog?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 THIS IS NOT A DRILL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SHOVE YOUR FACE INTO THIS.

SHOVE IT.

BECOME ONE WITH IT.

MELTY BLOOD HAS ASCENDED THE BATHROOM TO THE NINTNEDO SWITCH SO NOW MELTY GRAND FINALS WILL HAPPEN IN THE BATHROOM BY CHOICE INSTEAD OF CIRCUMSTANCE!
I was surprised at first too when I saw this. But then we got to see the trailer.

EODM07 EODM07 Nammy12 Nammy12

WE GOT A TRAILER

Buuuuut, now there are rumors they're removing characters like Sion???
It has been confirmed that Sion will NOT be in the game as this version of Melty Blood takes place before Tsukihime. But there has also been confirmation that the game will have 10+ characters at launch, it'll have interactions similar to Granblue Versus and it'll have Rollback Netcode.

Also, notice how the Moon is now a meter that fills up when you get hits in. I feel like that this will either be a Burst or Comeback mechanic. But we don't know what it'll be yet.

As for character predictions. I think we're obviously getting the Maids (Hisui & Kohaku). But as for who else I want to see make it in...

Neco-Arc, Aoko Aozaki, Satsuki Yumizuka, Hime (Archetype=EARTH), Nero or Roa and Shiki Ryougi. I do have a feeling that this game will get DLC down the line, so we could potentially see some characters like Sion return. There's also the fact that thanks to FGO, Melty Blood Type Lumina and TsukiR are now connected to that series, so we could possibly see characters like Artoria Pendragon, Nero Claudius or even Shirou or Rin Tohsaka. Or maybe Hinako Akuta as she's related to the True Ancestors which is what Arcueid is.

Also, this DBFZ stuff is gold. Lythero would be proud of my avatar.

Edit:

Just got an update on the Moon meter in Type Lumina. It's now going to be a meter for Reverse Beats. Which means that our characters are stuck in Full Moon style and if we want to do Crescent Moon shenanigans, we gotta build up that meter. I feel like that it could also be used as a Burst when it is full, similar to Guilty Gear, Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena. It was an April Fools joke. Oof.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
In PSO2 it's Easter time, so the lobby music is super obnoxious and I love it. SEGA really knows how to do music so bad that it's good or so good that it's good. It's the gift that keeps giving. Even when you don't want it to. btw Happy Easter! May today be filled with nonstop C•A•R•N•A•V•A•L goodtimes and Jesus come visit your house to twerk to the Carnaval music or w/e Jesus is supposed to do today. :^)

btw I love the artstyle this person used for GF. They really know how to make a Basic Heaux look like a Total Kween worth fighting for. :secretkpop:

Also the creator of Friday Night Funkin has stated that BF/GF are too dumb to be scared by anything. Except lightning. They pee their pants everytime. So that's why they see absolutely no problem with being trapped in a possessed dating simulator or coming face to face with a Lemon Demon. Truly top notch lore. If only other games had such simple answers/understandable lore for their characters.

I mean, we could probably double post as much as we want no one ones gonna stop us.
u tryin 2 get banT tho???

RIP 2 u 4 lyf

TBH, Diamond & Pearl are nostalgic piles of vomit A N Y W A Y, so I guess all they're really doing is bringing down the visuals to match.

But seriously, D&P were basically beta games that to do this day I can't believe got released and that people bought them. Platinum is already the cream of the crop when it comes to the mainline games, but honestly I can't help but wonder if D&P got the greenlit just so Platinum could come out and seem like an even better game by immediate comparison.
If we're being thorough and fair, just about every dual-game besides Fire/Leaf and kinda Blue/Red were beta games. Black/White 2 gets a special mention, but that's only because the entire Black/White 1 were betas. Though I forgive them because Pokemon has a huge roster of lil babbees to raise and there's plenty of superfluous content to waste time on such as IVs/shiny hunting/egg moves/etc.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Meanwhile I went through FF Type-0, Atelier Ryza, FF Type-0 a second time for the new content, and BD II all in a row in the span of about 2 months... and I'm thinking about the next jrpg I wanna tackle. I'm a mess.
To give an update on this, I went back to do a second run through Lightning Returns, mostly to pick up the achievements I missed on my first run through. Got my 100% there, so now the only one in the trilogy that's left is the original XIII (but that would require starting a completely new file and doing over 100 hours of work just for a single achievement no thank u).
And now I'm going through Digital Devil Saga 2, played 1 last summer and it's about time I got around to 2. Seriously someone needs to take jrpgs away from me, this isn't okay.
Also also Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress!

2.5 year anniversary Dragalia Lost.

Did...they forget about our dog?
And then we got the puppy back the next day :p
My phone was on 24/7 running stuff during the half stamina/double drops palooza for all of the HDT's and Agitos. That took several years off of my phone's battery I'm guessing. But I got weapon bonuses for all of my faves so it's worth it :secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Honest question, I don't mean to be snarky, and if it comes off that way, keep in mind I haven't either. But does anyone here still follow competitive smash? I've genuinely not even thought about watching a single tournament since early 2020.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Honest question, I don't mean to be snarky, and if it comes off that way, keep in mind I haven't either. But does anyone here still follow competitive smash? I've genuinely not even thought about watching a single tournament since early 2020.
All I'll watch nowadays are single matches now and then. I used to watch a lot more, but the interest has definitely died.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
DFO is coming to snatch Elsword's wig and other similar RPGs broke*** wigs. In addition to a traditional fighting game they're also doing a full DFO revamp with 3D models (so instead of sexy pixel people you get normal sexy 3D people). It will play like many of the beat-em-up arcade/early generation games or the current DFO, except with none of the clunk and all of the 3D flare. It looks gorgeous so far. But that's probably because Neople are a group of folks who actually care about their assets and the world they created. In other boring gaming news, PSO3 is entering beta but it's called New Genesis or something to avoid being called PSO3. It's connected to PSO2 so you can transport your character back and forth. Fashion and sliders from PSO3 will be transported to PSO2. TL;DR it's mainly fashion compatible and that's all that really matters in an MMO; SEGA totally understands what we need. The next few years looks good for MMORPGs, considering many of the oldies but goodies are getting revivals. :^)

btw Ellen McLain (GLaDOS) has graced us with her glorious singing again. Both as Kween B**** Bot and herself. Yeeeee gorl~

And then we got the puppy back the next day :p
Like a real puppy that can take cute pictures or a boring digital puppy?

Nah. Smash and fighting games in general are getting pretty old. There's only so much variance that can happen on a 2D fighting field. The players are also too focused to provide entertaining banter with the audience and/or between each other. There's just not much to see. The FPS and Casual Scene requires far less brain power so those players can actually provide entertainment besides what they're doing in game.

Also, Smash is best played in person since Nintendo's Online is garbage; Covid said NAW to that. Except for Melee which has near-perfect Interent play thanks to player intervention... But it's Melee... Nobody likes watching decrepit dinosaurs having seizures on an 8 bit stage lmao.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
btw Ellen McLain (GLaDOS) has graced us with her glorious singing again. Both as Kween B**** Bot and herself. Yeeeee gorl~

Nah. Smash and fighting games in general are getting pretty old. There's only so much variance that can happen on a 2D fighting field. The players are also too focused to provide entertaining banter with the audience and/or between each other. There's just not much to see. The FPS and Casual Scene requires far less brain power so those players can actually provide entertainment besides what they're doing in game.

Also, Smash is best played in person since Nintendo's Online is garbage; Covid said NAW to that. Except for Melee which has near-perfect Interent play thanks to player intervention... But it's Melee... Nobody likes watching decrepit dinosaurs having seizures on an 8 bit stage lmao.
That's an awesome song, what a tune. One of my favourite things is seeing people join in on a product making light fun of something they were involved in.

Regarding Smash, you kinda showed me that thoughts that were residing in the back of my head. I feel like competitive fighting games are going to wear thin at some point, and covid certainly didn't help.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Did any of you gorls see Elon Musk on SNL? Not a fan or hater of the guy myself. The only take-away is that he's OK at skits but also has Asperger's Syndrome. Edit: but apparently that term is being reexamined as of a month ago?

As for the actual SNL it followed typical format. Elon semi-self-roast monologue. Cute Mama's Day opening. 3 decent song performances from Kween Cyrus. Truly awful "Gen Z" and video game cringe. Pete Davidson's Chad sketch being a silly delight as usual. A decent post-Covid-inspired sketch. Elon Musk in every sketch for some reason which was cringy, but kinda neat? Cringe because it's him, neat because yay for publicly saying he has Asperger's and then still playing along with the different sketches.

That's an awesome song, what a tune. One of my favourite things is seeing people join in on a product making light fun of something they were involved in.

Regarding Smash, you kinda showed me that thoughts that were residing in the back of my head. I feel like competitive fighting games are going to wear thin at some point, and covid certainly didn't help.
Yeah, we can blame Nintendo and Melee stans for some of the issues. It'd be neat if they used items to make matches seem different but not too item dependent. Using items such as...
  • Smoke Ball
  • Sandbag
  • Party Ball
  • Grass
  • Food (not Fairy Bottle or M-Tomato)
  • Healing Sprout or Healing Field
  • Exploding Smash Balls (so random and fatal to all that it circles around to being fair)

It's a shame Project M can't be more readily available for PC players. It's the only way to get more than many viable characters, different looking GOOD stages, and great Internet connectivity. Also no need to pay 20 bucks a year for bad Internet play! It could use less wavedashing, though. "Haha my fingers can move faster than yours without seizing up from carpal tunnel (so far)!" isn't a good competitive factor imo. But that's only because I'm 30 and not a teenager who's focused on winning over having fun+winning. Y'all not havin' fun by having a nonstop seizure. Your hands and entire arms hate you. If your arms/hands could be sentient for just 1 second, they would use that 1 second to punch you in the face. Trust.

reposting for relevant usage:

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I don't watch SNL myself; the least I can say is that I don't hate the show, which is a more positive view than most of the people I know hold.
Regarding Elon on tv, I remember he gave a pretty brutal voice-acting performance I've ever heard as Elon Tusk in Rick and Morty; he sounded so robotic, but you know, it's not his profession, so I don't want to be too harsh on him for it.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
(No posts in nearly a full month, that's probably a record)
FEH gorls! I have questions!

First, I'm seeing Forsyth on one of the upcoming banners (the Bonfire one on the 17th). How many orbs would roughly be needed to +10 him? I have hundreds saved up over the past year amd while I still don't think it'll be enough, I should get pretty close? Also he's already at +2, so I'm not trying to go completely from scratch which should help as well.

Second question! How would you build him? The one I have rn is +Atk -Spd which I imagine is perfect. For other skills, DC seems like a popular pick. But other than that, idk what people use. Haven't built anyone in over 2 years, but I still do free summons plus a few extra here and there, so I have a bunch of other fodder sitting around doing absolutely nothing. So recommend whatever the most premium stuff I could put on him, there's a good chance that I'll have it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hey, gorls, it has been a while. I haven't posted for a few months so here are a few updaTes:

• I celebrated my birthday at the end of February, so that was fun I guess. After 21, birthdays are mostly meaningless, but I still had a good time at home with my family which is all I really wanted anyway.
  • College ended like a month or ago, which is nice bc it means a lot less stress for the next few months until it starts back up again. I don't think I've mentioned it here, but I decided I want to become a French teacher, so I've been jumping through all of the necessary hoops to see how I should actually go about getting that second degree.
  • I also got my second dose of the COVID vaccine about a month ago. Thankfully the only side effects I experienced were pain where they injected my arm. I really hope the vaccine becomes more available to everyone, especially to people outside the US, so that we can finally end this pandemic. Things are looking up, but we still have a ways to go.
  • In terms of video game stuff, I'm mostly playing Overwatch and FEH. 5v5 is pretty controversial, but I think it'll be good for the game overall bc now they can make tanks individually strong instead of keeping characters trash bc they might potentially be run with their perfect synergetic partner and consequently be OP if buffed to be strong on their own. Plus the CC changes + hero reworks should help things too. The only new OW1 thing for me is that I mostly play Sombra now (and even bought ha gold gun). I'm interested to see how they address her specifically in OW2 because she seems dumb combined with someone like Mei/Sym/Bastion/Doom/etc. who can easily bully a lone hacked tank (which is why they're all getting reworked lol; I think Sym is the only one they haven't confirmed changes for yet).
  • As for FEH stuff, yeah I'm still playing lol. At this point I only care about my favorite units, so I just save up all my F2P orbs for them. That's how I got my Triandra to +10 back when she reran on L!Claude's debut (which was 1 day before my birthday so it was like an early present to myself). I sparked for Nótt this morning, and ended up with 2 copies of her (1 from the spark), 3 Luthiers (1 5*), 1 -atk Tsubasa, my first M!Kris (also -atk), and a 4* special Linde. Now I'm saving for the last 3 Hel merges I need when she reruns on the LHB on the 30th. After her, I'll focus on my long-term projects of Mirabilis (7 more merges) and B!Marianne when she releases. Plus I'm still waiting for some of my favorites to be added like Mitama, Miriel, Jesse, Percy, Ignatz, etc. so I'm in it for the long-haul.
That's pretty much everything from what I can remember. I hope all of u gorls are doing well <3

First, I'm seeing Forsyth on one of the upcoming banners (the Bonfire one on the 17th). How many orbs would roughly be needed to +10 him? I have hundreds saved up over the past year amd while I still don't think it'll be enough, I should get pretty close? Also he's already at +2, so I'm not trying to go completely from scratch which should help as well.
I've still never pulled Forsyth, even tho I really liked him in SoV rip. This is the website I use to calculate my orb expenditures in FEH. 8 copies of a specific blue 5* focus on a 3-unit, 3% banner is approximately 970 orbs for the 50% percentile. That's pretty close to how many orbs it took me to get my last 6 Triandra merges back in February, coincidentally.

Not really related to ur question, but things are looking grim for my favorite from SoV and favorite myrmidon in general, Jesse, to get added. The last playable characters we're missing are Nomah, Kamui, Deen, Jesse, Mycen, and SoV!Est. Jesse is the least popular of the 3 swordies, so he'll probably get left in the dust when they decide to do a final SoV banner in like 2 years cricricri.

Second question! How would you build him? The one I have rn is +Atk -Spd which I imagine is perfect. For other skills, DC seems like a popular pick. But other than that, idk what people use. Haven't built anyone in over 2 years, but I still do free summons plus a few extra here and there, so I have a bunch of other fodder sitting around doing absolutely nothing. So recommend whatever the most premium stuff I could put on him, there's a good chance that I'll have it.
It's sad that Forsyth's Sol Lance got powercrept by the Gradivus refine, but ig that's to be expected considering he debuted almost 2 years ago. At least he'll get a refine eventually. Anyway armors are pretty easy to build nowadays; it's really just a matter of actually getting a hold of the premium fodder. Save skills are the saving grace of armors and are definitely in the running for best skills in the game. Forsyth has a great statline, so you can build him to be either a Near or Far Save tank, depending on your preference. For Near Save, the special is flexible, A-slot would be something like Atk/Def Unity/Close Def 4/a Stance 4, B-slot would be Special/Slick/Crafty/maybe Vengeful Fighter, and probably a Bond/Close Def/QR (for Special Fighter) in the seal slot. Tho I can't remember how Save skills interact with Bond/Solos skills off the top of my head bc I've never pulled any Saves yet so maybe be wary with those. Far Save is pretty similar, but you're obviously building to counter ranged units instead. That ofc means you need DC in the A-slot for Far Save, but the other skills suggestions I gave still apply (just swap Close Def for Distant Def ofc). I've seen many people say Far Save in particular is so good that it's worth saving orbs for its next banner appearance, which is something I might end up doing bc I really want the skill for my H!Niles. Hope I could help u out, gorl! also hi sis it's been a minute

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I just quickly googled zelda social since my new laptop hasn't memorized this url, and there's a smashboard wiki with a page about us?
I decided I want to become a French teacher, so I've been jumping through all of the necessary hoops to see how I should actually go about getting that second degree.
Ooo sounds exciting! Do you plan on teaching high school kids here, or elementary school kids in France? (I'm not sure how this works)
I also got my second dose of the COVID vaccine about a month ago. Thankfully the only side effects I experienced were pain where they injected my arm. I really hope the vaccine becomes more available to everyone, especially to people outside the US, so that we can finally end this pandemic. Things are looking up, but we still have a ways to go.
Finished up myself about 2 weeks ago. Second dose really hurt and I had a headache as well, but it cleared up after a day so no big deal.
I've still never pulled Forsyth, even tho I really liked him in SoV rip. This is the website I use to calculate my orb expenditures in FEH. 8 copies of a specific blue 5* focus on a 3-unit, 3% banner is approximately 970 orbs for the 50% percentile. That's pretty close to how many orbs it took me to get my last 6 Triandra merges back in February, coincidentally.
Hm... so I probably won't be able to finish but I should hopefully get close.
Save skills are the saving grace of armors and are definitely in the running for best skills in the game. Forsyth has a great statline, so you can build him to be either a Near or Far Save tank, depending on your preference. For Near Save, the special is flexible, A-slot would be something like Atk/Def Unity/Close Def 4/a Stance 4, B-slot would be Special/Slick/Crafty/maybe Vengeful Fighter, and probably a Bond/Close Def/QR (for Special Fighter) in the seal slot. Tho I can't remember how Save skills interact with Bond/Solos skills off the top of my head bc I've never pulled any Saves yet so maybe be wary with those. Far Save is pretty similar, but you're obviously building to counter ranged units instead. That ofc means you need DC in the A-slot for Far Save, but the other skills suggestions I gave still apply (just swap Close Def for Distant Def ofc). I've seen many people say Far Save in particular is so good that it's worth saving orbs for its next banner appearance, which is something I might end up doing bc I really want the skill for my H!Niles. Hope I could help u out, gorl!
Mmm save skills do look really good. Sadly I don't have any available rn, but I'll look out for any (such as Dedue who's last banner ended... yesterday from the looks of it. rip). On the other hand though, I do have basically every fighter skill available :p Crafty probably looks the best, maybe Slick. This definitely helped, thanks!
also hi sis it's been a minute
welcome back gorl :secretkpop:

Update because double posting is still bad even if it's been over 10 days I guess: Managed to get Forsyth up to +9, about what I expected so I'm happy :D Now to get the last merge plus a Save skill.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sorry it took like 3 weeks to respond. It's a lot of pressure to type something back, ok?

Ooo sounds exciting! Do you plan on teaching high school kids here, or elementary school kids in France? (I'm not sure how this works)
Honestly I'm not really sure. I'll have to teach (American) high school students once I get to student teaching, so we'll see how that goes. There is a program through my university where u apply to teach in France, and I've heard good things about it so idk. One friend of mine already spent a year teaching in France, and another friend will be going to France to teach later this year or early next year I can't remember. So honestly idk I'll figure it out i guess. I think my end goal is to become a professor bc college students are the best age to teach for sure imo.

Second dose really hurt
yeah my arm was so painful i couldn't sleep on that side for like 2-3 days, but that was basically the only side effect I experienced. No headaches/sick feeling/etc. so I was lucky in that regard.

Update because double posting is still bad even if it's been over 10 days I guess: Managed to get Forsyth up to +9, about what I expected so I'm happy :D Now to get the last merge plus a Save skill.
Congrats, gorl! That's a v nice haul, did u get any other 5* units? As for save skills, it's likely that Marianne's banner will rerun when it's added to the poll, so u could try to save to spark a Dedue for his Near Save. If u want Forsyth to be a Far Save tank, iirc V!Henriette has a chance of appearing on August's Double Special Heroes banner, but it could be some other reds like NY!Kaden or V!Líf so u'd have to wait another 2 months if that's the case :/

As for my own FEH goings-on, after beating M!Byleth's legendary maps tomorrow I should be at about 440 orbs to get the last 3 Hel merges I need to finish her. I'm hoping for the best at tonight's reset bc it's like 475 orbs for 50% percentile to pull 3 Hels :079:. Maybe RNGesus will bless me for being a good gorl and saving up my f2p orbs.

edit: I had 444 orbs before summoning when the banner dropped, and spent 343 of them to get my 3 Hel merges. Other 5* pulls were 2x Dagr (didn’t have her), 2x Líf, 2x Sonya (ok? now she’s +6), 1x L!M!Byleth, 1x og Hector, 1x Katarina, and 1x Sigurd. Overall v nice session, and I’m happy that Hel is finished! Now I save for B!Marianne unless we get an Awakening/Fates banner with one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Managed to finish all of Bloodstained's achievements today! I know I talked about the game several times months ago but I finally went back to finish up the busywork of having to collect literally everything in the game. Now I can relax and have fun replaying the randomizer over and over and over and over and over and-

AI SOMNIUM FILES IS GETTING A SEQUEL

Already preordered the special edition. If I can't get Metroid Dread's then I'll get AI's, no complaints here!
Congrats, gorl! That's a v nice haul, did u get any other 5* units?
Yeah I wrote down a list. I also got Tana (second copy), Sirius (first copy), Fiora (first copy), and Hardin (3rd copy iirc) earlier on. Near the end I got Nailah (3rd copy), Lilith (first copy), and Hinoka (first copy, it only took 4 years) all in a row. That part was a bit freaky. Nailah is nice, both to actually play as her, or for fodder so no complaints there. Lilith could be fun to use? And possibly Sirius as well. The rest idrc.
As for save skills, it's likely that Marianne's banner will rerun when it's added to the poll, so u could try to save to spark a Dedue for his Near Save. If u want Forsyth to be a Far Save tank, iirc V!Henriette has a chance of appearing on August's Double Special Heroes banner, but it could be some other reds like NY!Kaden or V!Líf so u'd have to wait another 2 months if that's the case :/
I'll need the time to restock on orbs anyways, so I'm absolutely fine waiting a few extra months. Also at this point I might try for both near and far save and just give him both.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah I wrote down a list. I also got Tana (second copy), Sirius (first copy), Fiora (first copy), and Hardin (3rd copy iirc) earlier on. Near the end I got Nailah (3rd copy), Lilith (first copy), and Hinoka (first copy, it only took 4 years) all in a row. That part was a bit freaky. Nailah is nice, both to actually play as her, or for fodder so no complaints there. Lilith could be fun to use? And possibly Sirius as well. The rest idrc.
Those are some spicy pulls overall! 😳 Even the characters u said u don't care about have some useful fodder, which is always a plus. Lilith can do some cool strategies with her ability to teleport to her support partner from anywhere on the map. I've never pulled astral dragon gorl but I hope I can eventually. NCD stonks are still pretty high, and Nailah may be due for a weapon refine relatively soon, so either way she's a great pull. Pegasus Flight is one of the best skills for Caeda/Clair/Sigrun/Díthorba/other melee fliers with high spd/res, but it's such a niche skill that I can see if u don't care about it. I really like Caeda so I had to get it for my own when the skill released a while ago.

I'll need the time to restock on orbs anyways, so I'm absolutely fine waiting a few extra months. Also at this point I might try for both near and far save and just give him both.
Honestly that's how I feel too most of the time nowadays. I'm always kinda terrified they'll release one of my favorite characters/rerun a skill I need right after I spend my orbs. Getting both saves is probably a good idea since Forsyth is one of ur favorites, and the fun part of the game imo is making ur favorites as strong as possible. H!Niles is pretty bad defensively so I'm not sure if I wanna try Near Save on him. I'd probably give it to my Mamori or something if I am ever able to pull it.

Besides all the FEH ranting I'm prone to, I hope u have been doing well, gorl!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Been too long since I've last posted here. So might as well. :V

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo we're eating well this year. Been getting a bunch of Melty Blood stuff that I'm hyped for.

They've announced Kouma around July and now we're getting Maids (Hisui&Kohaku) so that's cool af. I'm still hoping for Hime and Neco-Arc. But I'm thinking we'll see Len, Satsuki, Miyako and maybe Aoko later.

Also, shame that FullMoon ain't here anymore, would've told them that Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is out now and I've been enjoying my time with it quite a bit. Oh well, thems the breaks. :V

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
How nice of FEH to run both near and far save on the same banner for Forsyth! :D
And how nice of them to give Dedue on my first free summon, that's near save covered! :D :D
....then I spent 250 orbs (technically 300 since the tickets are effectively another 50 orbs) for Henriette and I still don't have even a single copy of her. Should I even keep going, because this feels ridiculous.

Dragalia is going along about the same as usual! Legend Tartarus took about 8 hours total to get the first clear, but I did it. Also I'm able to auto expert Jaldabaoth, which is a nice place to spend stamina when I don't know what else to do with it. Anniversary is next month too!
Also, shame that FullMoon ain't here anymore, would've told them that Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is out now and I've been enjoying my time with it quite a bit. Oh well, thems the breaks. :V
Oh, I just finished the first game last night! I think I'll take a bit of a break before starting the second one. I really liked it for the most part, but the pacing felt really awkward at times, and there's still a lot of small moments that went unanswered, so I hope the second game explains them. Kazuma and Gina were my favorite characters :D

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wow, you know I am a true icon when I'm still a mod here even when it's been 400 years :secretkpop:

Or maybe the site is just too dead oop

Hope y'all lovelies have been doing well. Kinda weird how adult life so easily pushes gaming off the plate most of the time. Kinda sucks tbh! Can you believe I was 14 when I started frequenting SWF? Just wow. Does that really say 5000 messages? What the hell did I have to say so much about?? O right, Zelda. :secretkpop:

Zelda hasn't been changed in any of the last 5 patches right? That's like, one of the few things I still check lmao

Anyways, I hope all the old guard that still visits here have been doing fine! Made me who I am and I love you <3

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Zelda got some nice buffs in the Sora patch.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I saw this too! I can’t believe up smash got more kill power of all moves, LMAO. I’m not complaining tho :secretkpop: I am intrigued to see if there is any applications with Jab—seeing as it got an end lag reduction

Last edited:

stixie

Smash Apprentice
I saw this too! I can’t believe up smash got more kill power of all moves, LMAO. I’m not complaining tho :secretkpop: I am intrigued to see if there is any applications with Jab—seeing as it got an end lag reduction
Yeah the jab being changed is kinda strange. More damage is nice but jab 1 ONLY getting less lag?? Don't know what the devs are thinking sometimes. She really needed a grab speed buff and more hitstun on nair. THOSE would have been nice buffs.

Up smash is nice as well as I'm always using that.

Down smash is a move I use maybe every 10 games. Maybe I'll use it more now that it has better knockback.

Down air buff is... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This is for SURE the best buff she got in this patch. It's pretty crazy. I'm getting 1-2 spike kills per game 😂

1634739786986.png

Last edited:

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
I never thought I'd se the day where Zelda's sweetspot issues were addressed by the devs. How if her Bair and Fair could get the same treatment her Dair got and Nair was made more consistent and could drag down (as well as a faster grab and old D-tilt) she's pretty much set to go.

stixie

Smash Apprentice
So I have some initial thoughts about our new fighter Sora.

My conclusion is: Sora is good... REALLY good. Perhaps too good. Maybe top tier good. The amount of combos and kill confirms this character has is absolutely nuts plus it's virtually impossible to edgeguard this character.

My Issues With the Character:
  • Sora is way way too floaty. This character is absurdly floaty. It's nearly impossible to figure out where Sora is going to end up landing.
  • Sora has too may EASY kill confirms (like fair into fsmash - there are many more).
  • Just like mythra/hero his hurtbox is VERY difficult to out of shield. This has been a gripe of mine for a while but these new dlc characters are VERY difficult to tag out of shield. Their hurtboxes are shaped in such a way as to avoid most bairs oos. Like marth's will literally go right over the top of Sora. Zelda's bair is no better oos.
  • Sora does WAY too much damage. His moves are CRAZY strong.
  • Sora's (and I feel this is probably most people's opinion) up b is way too strong for how completely unpunishable it is.
  • Sora's dash attack is a classic DLC dash attack that's WAY too fast, has WAY too much range, and has WAY too much knockback. In fact it may actually be the best dash attack in the game.
  • Sora has virtually zero lag on nearly every move (even smash attacks). He even has next to no lag on his Thundaga with is crazy busted.
  • He needs next to no skill to actually play. It was said that it was an easy character but I feel I outplay my opponent nearly every game but then lose to getting hit by up b at 80 or cheesed by downair off stage.
There are other issues but these sum up my feelings on this character.

This is still very early and it's hard to tell without seeing pros handle him but I can see this character being way way way too good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom