• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
SO DRAGALIA 2.0. THEY REALLY REDID THIS ENTIRE GAME. IT'S BEEN A WEEK AND I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE WEAPON CRAFTING CHANGES. WHY ARE WEAPON BONUSES SO EXPENSIVE. SO MUCH FARMINGGGGGG.
I dunno what it's like for you, but it's insane how Masters Mercury has gone from the white whale endgame content I didn't think I'd ever be able to break into...to T.Hope lolnoping that on solo and now I don't need to worry about Mercury until I have the gold to care about HDT weapon bonuses.

Xander is also ridiculous now and people actually want him on a team! Good thing I spiraled him already! So yea he went from being able to wipe out half of A&O's overdrive gauge in a single force strike to 3/4 of it! Overdrive doesn't exist anymore.
Water sword is a slot I'm hesitant on. I've got a Xander, a Summer Celery, and a Halloween Odetta, but I don't know which one to invest in.

All in all I'm happy with a lot of the changes they made, and especially with the 2x drop endgame event they gave us. I almost have enough to max out all of my dracoliths, outright have enough to 5UB + Slot all the shadow Agito weapons, and just generally have a reason to touch Void battles again.

The huge gold increases are a bit annoying, but tbh from game dev POV I understand a lot of what they did. Remember when Agito weapons were meant to be the stepping stone to help players make HDT2 and weren't supposed to be their outright replacement? Here's to hoping we can at least go a full 6 months without them throwing more weapons creep at us.

There's some actual intuitive progression in how to advance in the game again, and that really does deserve an applause.

Also, also, Templar Hope at 50 MC is the wind equivalent to 70 MC Patia. What even is this game after the 2nd anniversary buffs. Gala Ranzal is a desirable unit, both Myms aren't inherently worse than every fire adventurer that shares their weapon by virtue of being locked out of Gala Mars, etc.

I'm hoping Master A&O is enjoyable when it comes out by the end of next week. With Kai basically done (cause why even bother past 5UB?) and Volk constantly forcing me to play Lowen due to Marths and Laxis who don't know what their doing, I'd like some endgame content I can enjoy. Ciella doesn't count cause who the hell is both (a) in a position to be considering mCiella and (b) isn't already autoing her?

Niles is pretty popular so I'm really hoping for that resplendent version, but we'll see if it actually happens since he's just a side character in Fates. I think the other ones you mentioned are basically guaranteed because they're lords in their respective games, and Camilla especially is a cash cow for IS.
Niles was popular enough to make it into Fire Emblem Warriors (which itself has the problem of only being OG, Awakening, Fates, + some cameos), but has the same issue as every single non-Royalty character in the Revelations route; there are main characters from two games who get priority.

Though to be honest I'm not really responding to this to talk about Niles, just wanna say hi.

Edit: Two weeks!? This must be a new record for Zelda Social standards! :yeahboi:
So apparently Zelda got shadow buffed in the recent patch? Maybe all the Zelda social members haven't been on here because they've been too busy trying to find their copies of Ultimate?

I don't have time for you gorls now that I'm a proud Mommy of two 40+ y/o Adult Children. :yeahboi: :secretkpop:
The trials of being a single mother in the big city smh

So. Like. What's there to even talk about besides gacha garbage?
uuhhh, vtubers, I guess?

To be honest, the most interesting thing about them is they stream late at night and on youtube. Cause of covid I moved my TV into the bedroom and got a roku, so it's been nice considering how Amazon doesn't allow Twitch apps on other devices but theirs.

We could talk about...Mortal Kombat? I dunno, they added Rambo. Who now gets to fight the Terminator, Robocop, Spawn, the Joker and...maybe Jason Voorhees, Predator, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles if I'm not confusing the current game with it's predecessor?

Smash might have some good 3rd party rep but holy **** does MK do a good job competing as the the best "ultimate crossover of the decade" game. Would still never play it though, cause something just sounds really weird with how that Studio does their sound effects. Punches, kicks, and just general hits sound....off, for lack of better word.

There's...food?

I've started making my own pizza. Berserker. Berserker. would likely find that interesting.

Lastly there...are old games that are new again? I've been having a huge blast with all the Among Us streams over the last few weeks or so. Though admittedly there are some people who I have to be sus at IRL due to conspiring their deaths too many times in game...

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I dunno what it's like for you, but it's insane how Masters Mercury has gone from the white whale endgame content I didn't think I'd ever be able to break into...to T.Hope lolnoping that on solo and now I don't need to worry about Mercury until I have the gold to care about HDT weapon bonuses.
mHMC was always pretty tame, but yeah the other HDT's feel so much simpler now. Looking at HJP where everything used to be a 1 hit kill, and now it's just a light tickle.
Water sword is a slot I'm hesitant on. I've got a Xander, a Summer Celery, and a Halloween Odetta, but I don't know which one to invest in.
Mmm... wait until mA&O to decide I think. But I can say for sure that H!Odetta isn't worth it. Her spiral didn't increase the damage of her skills at all for some reason, and her kit is still a general mess. Yes, give her a chain coab that activates when she inflicts frostbite on an enemy, and then don't give her a natural way of inflicting frostbite. 10/10 design. S!Celliera will probably be the better one but yea just wait a few days.
I almost have enough to max out all of my dracoliths, outright have enough to 5UB + Slot all the shadow Agito weapons, and just generally have a reason to touch Void battles again.
gorl. I thought me farming enough mats to MUB 4 of Volk's weapons during his double drop days was good. u really did all 8. gorl.
Remember when Agito weapons were meant to be the stepping stone to help players make HDT2 and weren't supposed to be their outright replacement?
Agito weapons were always better than HDT2's tho. Even in the case of pre-2.0 water where the agito skill wasn't used, they were still the better weapons thanks to their raw stats. HDT2's were meant to be used for expert agito, and you get the agito weapons that way, not the other way around. The only 2 cases where you could go into eAgito with a chimeratech was either in Kai Yan because he's a joke, or if you're playing a buffer or healer in the other 4 fights because their own damage doesn't really matter (source: I broke into Ciella with a CT2 Tobias).
Ciella doesn't count cause who the hell is both (a) in a position to be considering mCi*lla and (b) isn't already autoing her?
censor mCi*lla please, that's NSFL content.

Just curious but who did you dream summon (if you payed for it)? I chose Nadine and she was absoluTely a great pick. So much fun, so that really helped spice up the Volk farming. why kill the furry with sharp weapons when you can kill him by taking an excessive amount of selfies??????? Also she seems really great for autoing mHMS and Volk for when I care enough to slap a team together for that.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You know, I've been thinking about it... EODM07 EODM07 really likes Yugioh. You know who else loves Yugioh too much???

E X P O S E D EODM07 EODM07 is actually an ultra masculine 5'6" mountain of muscle who's also a Gamer/Chess Grandmaster/Sex Toy Combat Expert/Movie Reviewer/Game Reviewer/Dubber/ETC.

There's no way more than one person can like Yugioh. So clearly Charlie and EODM07 EODM07 are the same person. :secretkpop:

uuhhh, vtubers, I guess?

To be honest, the most interesting thing about them is they stream late at night and on youtube. Cause of covid I moved my TV into the bedroom and got a roku, so it's been nice considering how Amazon doesn't allow Twitch apps on other devices but theirs.
I don't watch the livestreams because I like to fast forward through boring bits or ads. Though even then I don't have much free time and adding Your Mom's House to my rotation has really cluttered my background noise/side watching content. I noticed some faceless content creators adopting waifu/husbando versions of their avatars lately. It's so easy to make them look like RWBY characters, so people just throw out the cash and get VR/face tracking stuff? People prefer that over a disembodied voice I guess? OK then.

My current kweens are Charlie of Moist Critical/H3 Podcast/Your Mom's House. Ironically, the 40+ year old podcasters are the most immature and gross. The ideal but unobtainable Boomers. If I run out of content then there's always Drumsy+Co.

There's...food?

I've started making my own pizza. Berserker. Berserker. would likely find that interesting.
I use Wheat Naan Bread, mozzarella, fresh basil, tomatoes, and balsamic glaze for my own pizza. I used to make my own whole-grain-ish crust but it wasn't worth all the effort for just a few extra grams of protein and less calories. It's essentially a lazy Margarita Pizza but it tastes good and is a healthy pizza so yeeeeee.

I recently got an Air Popper for popcorn so I can endlessly shove popcorn into my face. 4 cups of popcorn = 120 calories with just some salt and pure cruMch. Problem: the popping is so violent that unpopped kernels are pushed out of the device. Even though the device's spout faces down, the kernels go outside the bowl. Some kernels in the bowl also pop which then flings popcorn out of the bowl. The kernels are very hot and can't be picked up until they sit for 30+ seconds. I never realized how violent and dangerous popping kernels was until today. No wonder why people use microwaves or enclosed pots instead of an air popper. It's for SAFETY reasons. :')

Lastly there...are old games that are new again? I've been having a huge blast with all the Among Us streams over the last few weeks or so. Though admittedly there are some people who I have to be sus at IRL due to conspiring their deaths too many times in game...
Streamers are better for advertisement than actual advertisements. So ye. Same thing happened with Minecraff. I don't think I'd like Among Us as a videogame, but it is very fun watching others play it.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You know, I've been thinking about it... EODM07 EODM07 really likes Yugioh. You know who else loves Yugioh too much???

E X P O S E D EODM07 EODM07 is actually an ultra masculine 5'6" mountain of muscle who's also a Gamer/Chess Grandmaster/Sex Toy Combat Expert/Movie Reviewer/Game Reviewer/Dubber/ETC.

There's no way more than one person can like Yugioh. So clearly Charlie and EODM07 EODM07 are the same person. :secretkpop:
But I'm not as handsome as Cr1tikal. And I don't collect the cards sadly, last time was back when I was in College, where my last Structure Deck I ever got was for Machina. Now I focus more on Duel Links which speaking of...

They got a new Mini BOX which is focused on Geargias, Wind-Ups and Heraldics. I'd like to try get my own Wind-Up Deck running, since it seems like it'll be quite fun to use... Then I'll probably get salty because of Shiranuis and damn Blackwings roaming around the ladders once again. rip. (Shiranuis are dry af anyway, lol. They were plaguing Turbo Duel GP as well. They were EVERYWHERE. It was really awful. I had to splash in Chaos Hunter and use Tetsu Trudge's Duel Runner just to stop them from doing anything.)

Still waiting on that Madolche Support Konami, the NPCs have it, so why not us? :V

So apparently Zelda got shadow buffed in the recent patch? Maybe all the Zelda social members haven't been on here because they've been too busy trying to find their copies of Ultimate?
Huh. Neat. More than Gordeau will ever get. It's funny that a bunch of people were hoping for an update on BBTAG at ArcRevo, but it never happened. Sure, we got a week left because there is one tournament left for one of the regions, but I honestly think BBTAG is finished. However, it surprises me that Yumi isn't seen as much now, and in Japan, Hilda has been very dominant.

Now onto other stuff. I've done the story of the Crown Tundra and got almost all of the Legendaries in that. Just missing Keldeo, Regidrago and Regigigas. I can do the Max Lair continuously and I've been enjoying that, it has been good fun. Since I got so many Legendaries now, I might trade some away through Wonder Trade and give some to a friend of mine who wants to give me a Shiny Giratina for whatever reason, but hey at least this means whenever they do allow Legendaries into VGC, it'll be easy to get what I want to build a team. And I've been doing more progress on Xenoblade 2's NG+, game still refuses to give me the Torna Blades, smh.

1603624641187.png

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
gorl. I thought me farming enough mats to MUB 4 of Volk's weapons during his double drop days was good. u really did all 8. gorl.
It helps when you already have 4 of them done and in some rooms can finish in less than a minute. And that Kai inexplicably got an extra day of double drops, which was weird.

As opposed to Volk where I have to play Lowen because no one else knows how to play support, then die to his affliction ball attack because some stupid Ezelith/Laxi/Marth won't pay any attention to where I am and stuns me with one of them.

Hope for today's 2x drop is to finally get Mym's lance to 4UB and then maybe grind another 150 gold masks for the inevitable Tommy Gun Leonidas. Dat new art tHo.

Just curious but who did you dream summon (if you payed for it)? I chose Nadine and she was absoluTely a great pick. So much fun, so that really helped spice up the Volk farming. why kill the furry with sharp weapons when you can kill him by taking an excessive amount of selfies??????? Also she seems really great for autoing mHMS and Volk for when I care enough to slap a team together for that.
Nadine is pretty nice, yeah. I gravitate the most to Lancers so I'm happy I got her over the last month of free ten spins. Pretty sure the only two I'm missing are Fjorm and Kirsty.

I'm probably going to skip the dream summon. Last time there was one of these I caved and got Grace which was a massive QoL improvement. Before the 2nd Anniversary update changed literally everything I was considering Tobias or Bellina for meta reasons but that went right out the window.

I like Pinon because she's literally an FGO character wearing a suit, but she's a water bow and I have MH!Sarisse. If she were a different element I'd go for her cause being able to move during force strike > all other bows, but that's it from the Dream Summon roster.

I recently got an Air Popper for popcorn so I can endlessly shove popcorn into my face. 4 cups of popcorn = 120 calories with just some salt and pure cruMch. Problem: the popping is so violent that unpopped kernels are pushed out of the device. Even though the device's spout faces down, the kernels go outside the bowl. Some kernels in the bowl also pop which then flings popcorn out of the bowl. The kernels are very hot and can't be picked up until they sit for 30+ seconds. I never realized how violent and dangerous popping kernels was until today. No wonder why people use microwaves or enclosed pots instead of an air popper. It's for SAFETY reasons. :')
I should pay attention to my calories, but I mostly just do it by weight and leave it at that or just try to have a "less bad" option. Like, along with being cheaper, making my own pizza really doesn't take long and is definitely just less than ordering it out. For the sauce I've basically be making a french onion / mushroom sauce, then maybe adding some tomato sauce for coloring and volume.

Also for some things decadence in the point. Like, I could go to the market and get ice cream like a scrub, or I can get some friends together, grab an empty room and a dewar at the university, and make liquid nitrogen ice cream.

In other words, you own that Air Popper; the possibility of losing an eye to a stray kernel is part of the taste.

Huh. Neat. More than Gordeau will ever get. It's funny that a bunch of people were hoping for an update on BBTAG at ArcRevo, but it never happened. Sure, we got a week left because there is one tournament left for one of the regions, but I honestly think BBTAG is finished. However, it surprises me that Yumi isn't seen as much now, and in Japan, Hilda has been very dominant.
It's had a good run, imo.

I hope it did good enough for a BBTAG2 at some point, cause I know the head dev wanted to put Melty Blood in it.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
It helps when you already have 4 of them done and in some rooms can finish in less than a minute. And that Kai inexplicably got an extra day of double drops, which was weird.

As opposed to Volk where I have to play Lowen because no one else knows how to play support, then die to his affliction ball attack because some stupid Ezelith/Laxi/Marth won't pay any attention to where I am and stuns me with one of them.

Hope for today's 2x drop is to finally get Mym's lance to 4UB and then maybe grind another 150 gold masks for the inevitable Tommy Gun Leonidas. Dat new art tHo.
Oh so we did about the same amount of farming then :p Still, that's great!!!
And yeah I should probably do prep farming for gun Leo, thanks for reminding me.
Nadine is pretty nice, yeah. I gravitate the most to Lancers so I'm happy I got her over the last month of free ten spins. Pretty sure the only two I'm missing are Fjorm and Kirsty.

I'm probably going to skip the dream summon. Last time there was one of these I caved and got Grace which was a massive QoL improvement. Before the 2nd Anniversary update changed literally everything I was considering Tobias or Bellina for meta reasons but that went right out the window.
Swords, Wands, and Axes are my faves but I couldn't choose just 1 between the 3. But I'm closest to getting every wand, the only one I'm missing is R!Xuan Zang. Wait I forgot about I!Nefaria, missing her too. And then there's staff where I'm only missing Akasha but I really don't want her so let's just say I'm done there.
Bellina is still one of the best characters for mKY tho? 2.0 didn't change shadow's meta at all really. Tobias isn't used much anymore, but he's still the only character with a buff time coab, so he's still super useful to have around.
I like Pinon because she's literally an FGO character wearing a suit, but she's a water bow and I have MH!Sarisse. If she were a different element I'd go for her cause being able to move during force strike > all other bows, but that's it from the Dream Summon roster.
gorl you know they updated bow/wand/staff force strikes a while back and all of them can move while charging? Every bow has H!Sarisse's FS now.
With that said! H!Sarisse is one of the best water DPS available! And Pinon is.... not! So the only reason to dream summon ha would be if you like ha.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Bellina is still one of the best characters for mKY tho? 2.0 didn't change shadow's meta at all really. Tobias isn't used much anymore, but he's still the only character with a buff time coab, so he's still super useful to have around.
mmm, it's mostly that masters Agito doesn't really matter that much.

So right now it makes sense to farm eAgito to make 4UB weapons. They're more than enough for mHDT after the update and are the natural progression from Chimeratech/HDTs.

And a 4UB Agito + unlocked slot + refinement costs you a grand total of 7 Insanity per weapon.

1st clear for masters difficulty gives you 35, weekly chests (of which there are now five per week) give out 6 per chest and obviously beating it five times a week will naturally get you an additional amount too. All in all ought be pretty simple once you're at that point of endgame to accumulate ~70 Insanity, more than enough to refine all the weapons for that element.

From reddit, it seems that going from 4UB (with the other stuff unlocked) to 8UB only works out to about a 3% increase in ATK/HP while costing an enormous amount of gold. From the gold cost alone, I'm pretty sure you're better off focusing on unlocking Weapon Bonuses after 5UBing an Agito weapon, especially if you tend to only focus on a handful of weapon types.

It's possible the next difficulty will include another Elemental Tree level cap increase that would require Insanity, but excluding that happening you only really need to play the hardest difficulty Agito a handful of times to get the lion's share of benefits out of it.

Good point on Tobias's coab, the real issue is that he's a Blade and they're my least favorite weapon type. I probably have every meta blade in the game besides Tobias, they just don't click for me when I could be playing Sword or Lance instead.

TLDR: 4UB Agito lets you play the game better. 6UB+ Agito lets you kind of sort of play masters Agito better. Also, blades are dumdum.
gorl you know they updated bow/wand/staff force strikes a while back and all of them can move while charging? Every bow has H!Sarisse's FS now.
With that said! H!Sarisse is one of the best water DPS available! And Pinon is.... not! So the only reason to dream summon ha would be if you like ha.
Nope.

Lowen doesn't really force strike except for emergency skill gauge in Volk, never noticed Gleo doing so when I proc her buffing zone, and I don't think I've played a bow that wasn't H!Sarrise since I switched over from maining G!Sarisse to Marth for my fire team.

I'm assuming it was either something relatively recent, or no one bothered to tell all the braindead Hawk players who kept dying in the first half a minute against Ciella that made me swear off Ciella pubs and Hawk players in general.

Also, forgot I don't have the "D'OHOHOHOHO" water lance girl. Maybe she'll be my summon.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It's had a good run, imo.

I hope it did good enough for a BBTAG2 at some point, cause I know the head dev wanted to put Melty Blood in it.
BBTAG sure did, however I dunno whether their roadmap got skewered due to the pandemic or if they're outright finished with it. Since there are voice lines of the Announcer calling out EVERY character in each Fate.

There is also the fact that there were some shuffling around of roles in ArcSys as well with restructures, so Mori is now working as "Branding Fellow". So I dunno if that means we'll see any update for the game in the future, or if this means he can finally work on that Blazblue mobile game he has in development hell. Again, I do think BBTAG is done, but man I would love to see some more updates for it, since I know that there are still a bunch of fighters people want to see in that game.

Having Melty Blood in BBTAG would be really nice, however the issue is that Fate is HUGE thanks to Fate/Grand Order. I don't think we'll be seeing even Eltnum make it into the game anytime soon too, but I do recall that Ishiwatari would like Guilty Gear to make it into BBTAG, but only when the story for Guilty Gear is finished. But wouldn't it be funny is Neco-Arc, Hime and Eltnum made it into BBTAG?

1603704525894.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's almost Halloween! I already had a Halloween gathering a few weeks ago and it was fun. And thankfully this Halloween I won't be home so no Covid Superspreading Brats can bother me or ask for candy. You can choose the Halloween you want by picking the right video. It'll manifest or whatever and then it'll happen or something. Ye. That's how it works.

idk which spookyween avatar to go with so I just chosen Ethan Klein dressed as Jefree Star. My avatar now depicts what the ideal gorl looks like. But none of y'all are ready to have that conversation yet. 💅

But I'm not as handsome as Cr1tikal. And I don't collect the cards sadly, last time was back when I was in College, where my last Structure Deck I ever got was for Machina.
Maybe the secret to the cards is that the more you have, the more handsome and manly you become. Hence Charlie's current state and ascended being. I bet Gordeau has SO MANY Yugioh cards. Like, so so so so so many.

Hey gorls hyd

:150:
Same shizzle, different sizzle. :secretkpop:

Cute avatar btw. How are things?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Niles was popular enough to make it into Fire Emblem Warriors (which itself has the problem of only being OG, Awakening, Fates, + some cameos), but has the same issue as every single non-Royalty character in the Revelations route; there are main characters from two games who get priority.

Though to be honest I'm not really responding to this to talk about Niles, just wanna say hi.
I never played FE Warriors, but idk if I'd want to when my favorite unit is a clone that I'd have to pay actual money to access. Plus, I think I've read that he's one of the worst units in the game? Niles doesn't deserve that slander smh. Also, hi gorl. Even if you don't want to talk about Niles, I'm always down to. :secretkpop:

I'm not really sure what else to add because I haven't been doing much. Last week I started a new file on Platinum and now I'm grinding up my party to challenge the 5th gym. Also, thanks to resident grandpa Ferneauxsaur, I've been listening obsessively to Joanna Newsom's album Ys. Sis is incredibly talented and it makes me sad that I'll never be that good at anything. Seriously, every song on there is awe-inspiring, but I think my favorite track is Sawdust & Diamonds. Her lyrics are so poetic and I just can't get enough. I don't think there's much else to say, besides the fact that I've just been saving orbs in FEH. I was hype to see another 3H banner, but no Marianne/Ignatz/any character I remotely care about was mega disappointing. SoV should hopefully get a banner soon as it's been over a year since the last one that introduced Python/Forsyth/etc., so I'm optimistic Jesse will finally be added. Oh, and I did free summon my first Brave Camilla the other day from the recent Tactics banner, so now her Adrift alt is the only Camilla I'm missing in my catalog.

Hope all of yew gorls are doing well. I've personally never liked Halloween, but for those of you who do enjoy the holiday, I hope you stay safe and have a good time this weekend.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Nope.

Lowen doesn't really force strike except for emergency skill gauge in Volk, never noticed Gleo doing so when I proc her buffing zone, and I don't think I've played a bow that wasn't H!Sarrise since I switched over from maining G!Sarisse to Marth for my fire team.

I'm assuming it was either something relatively recent, or no one bothered to tell all the braindead Hawk players who kept dying in the first half a minute against Ciella that made me swear off Ciella pubs and Hawk players in general.
okay well I should expand on that a bit, NORMAL force strikes have been made mobile for those weapon types. Unique or powered-up force strikes (Hawk or Nefaria after using S2, Gleo when she has a buff zone stored, that kind of stuff) are still the same as before. But yea Hawk players are dumb. The update happened at least... 2 or 3 months ago now I wanna say? It wasn't that recent.
Also, forgot I don't have the "D'OHOHOHOHO" water lance girl. Maybe she'll be my summon.
mA&O are only like 5 hours away from releasing so we'll see soon, but I feel like Catherine won't be that great. She is hilaroius tho, OHOHOHO laughs are always fantastic.
idk which spookyween avatar to go with so I just chosen Ethan Klein dressed as Jefree Star. My avatar now depicts what the ideal gorl looks like. But none of y'all are ready to have that conversation yet. 💅
just pretend my avi is of the spooky Zelda from that one HW glitch, i'm too lazy to find it and change my pic to that. thanks. :secretkpop:
I never played FE Warriors, but idk if I'd want to when my favorite unit is a clone that I'd have to pay actual money to access. Plus, I think I've read that he's one of the worst units in the game? Niles doesn't deserve that slander smh.
yesn't? He's a bow user which is one of the best movesets in the game, but he personally has one of the worst statlines. So you could absolutely use him and not be hindered that much, but he is directly outclassed by the 3 other archers. But yea the game is well balanced enough that you can mostly use whoever you want. Unless it's Corrin. Corrin is ~ B A D ~

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
OopsT. I was too busy binging the disgusting Your Mom's House podcast and according to them I'm a Mommy now. And being a Mommy is a full time job sooooo ya.

I don't have time for you gorls now that I'm a proud Mommy of two 40+ y/o Adult Children. :yeahboi: :secretkpop:

Tho tbh the Covid thing is just killing any new cinema/animation/video game content from coming out. So. Like. What's there to even talk about besides gacha garbage? More depressing Covid stuff?? Well, except maybe PSO2 in English for Switch when??? I wanna try the game out because it kinda looks like Xenoblade X in terms of sci-fi exploration and hunting. But that's about it. It's gonna be a boring 4th quarter for games and media this year. :^(

To end on a positive note:
Don't worry, we'll still make it to 200 pages before the next year! You just gotta believe!

But seriously it is kinda depressing to see the activity here deflate, it's likely because as you've said, there's no buzz from anyone thanks to covid.

I don't have a Switch but I still have my Wii U and I booted up tr4sh recently to find out the last time I played it was November 2018, so yeah. Big oof, Bidoof.

Hey gorls hyd

:150:
Heyyy! I'm doing okay, how are you? Currently I'm home from college because there's a bunch of covid cases and Ireland has decided to movie to lockdown, meaning we can't go beyond 5km of our home except for essential services e.g groceries. So things aren't looking too hot over here. Mentally I'm fine though.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Guess I can mention this.

My bathroom has been out of commission for over a week now. From what I've been told, it'll be about 10 days from last Monday before we can use it again. So me and my family had to use the facilities downstairs. But at least when the bathroom is done, we can FINALLY use it.

Been progressing more through Xenoblade 2 in NG+ to do as much as I can. Game still refuses to give me the NG+ Blades. C'mon game, just gimme them! I know it gave me 2 of them and Zenobia, but I'm still missing the remaining lot and two more Blades you can get naturally.

Also, anyone planning on getting Fire Emblem 1 when it drops? I mean, for the price of it as well, that's really good. Shame that just like Mario 3D All-Stars and Mario 35, we can't get them again after the end of March 2021. Also, I've never bothered with Mario 3D All-Stars, since I hold no sense of nostalgia for any of those games, I mean I enjoyed Galaxy, played a small bit of Sunshine and I played more of 64 DS. Never touched the original 64.

Maybe the secret to the cards is that the more you have, the more handsome and manly you become. Hence Charlie's current state and ascended being. I bet Gordeau has SO MANY Yugioh cards. Like, so so so so so many.
Being handsome and manly cannot save him from being Low Tier. FeelsTragicProtagonistMan

Might as well leave this here since it was made by one top player.

1603880173151.png

Let's pour one out for Gordeau. He's bottom 10.

Also, should I attempt to make more custom YGO cards? :V

1603880348589.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Helluva Boss is releasing episode 1 on Spookiween! I'm surprised they got Erica Lindbeck and Richard Horvitz "permanently" on board to begin with, so that's enough to make me watch it. From my understanding both Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss have been greenlit for several episodes. So yay~ Animations that aren't about magic/scifi girls, teens discovering who they are, or young people slices of life.

Just utter chaos, dark comedy, and 90's toilet humor. Yeeeeee. RIP @ them for using mostly red tho... Because Red is just Pink's uglier sister. Pink/Purple/Black Hellions would've obviously been cooler than Red ones :^)

I never played FE Warriors, but idk if I'd want to when my favorite unit is a clone that I'd have to pay actual money to access. Plus, I think I've read that he's one of the worst units in the game? Niles doesn't deserve that slander smh. Also, hi gorl. Even if you don't want to talk about Niles, I'm always down to. :secretkpop:
Niles is the worst archer, but archers have the best moveset sooo ye. He's the hottest/naughtiest dude in the game at least because he's Niles. Corrin is trash tho. But everyone else is usable at least.

There's a lot of cloning nonsense and character moveset creation is incredibly lazy. It's OK if there's 2 characters with the moveset since there's magical/physical stats you can tack on to any weapon. But it just doesn't do the characters any justice. Especially since mainline Warrior games have 80+ unique movesets and unique-ish weapons. On the plus side the combat/crafting is wonderfully smooth. Map traveling is swift. Mid-battle character swap. Great voice acting and neat Supports. The additional content is challenging but oh so sparse compared to mainline Warriors and especially Hyrule Warriors.

TLDR; stat wise. Luck and Str/Mag are the main things. Lethality is Luck reliant and de best extreme damage dealer. Everyone except Corrin has a decent flowing moveset. Niles has the lowest Luck tho iirc.

just pretend my avi is of the spooky Zelda from that one HW glitch, i'm too lazy to find it and change my pic to that. thanks. :secretkpop:
Can you have us pretend your avatar is something less spooky? :^(

Don't worry, we'll still make it to 200 pages before the next year! You just gotta believe!

I don't have a Switch but I still have my Wii U and I booted up tr4sh recently to find out the last time I played it was November 2018, so yeah. Big oof, Bidoof.
Trade your Wii BadU for a Switch. Best thing I ever did. I just hope we get Xenoblade X remastered for Switch with better online stuff.

And it's OK if we don't make it to 200 pages this year.

A non-viable character's thread doesn't deserve 200 pages. :secretkpop:

Been progressing more through Xenoblade 2 in NG+ to do as much as I can. Game still refuses to give me the NG+ Blades. C'mon game, just gimme them! I know it gave me 2 of them and Zenobia, but I'm still missing the remaining lot and two more Blades you can get naturally.

Also, anyone planning on getting Fire Emblem 1 when it drops? I mean, for the price of it as well, that's really good.
Nah the FE1 remake was awful and a rerelease of FE1 sounds boring. I'll pass on it for sure.

As for Xenoblade 2 I beat the game and did a lot of the post game content. I'm still not done but I dropped the game and may pick it up later to start a NG+. I think all I have left is to complete the main character's charts and getting the Nopon Tokens. I have to beat the thing we raise on the farm too but he's too strong.

Being handsome and manly cannot save him from being Low Tier. FeelsTragicProtagonistMan
So a masculine Zelda.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The additional content is challenging but oh so sparse compared to mainline Warriors and especially Hyrule Warriors.
I wanna bring up this bit, but FEW still has my attention thanks to the ways in which you can customize the difficulty. Between the Infernal potion making the enemies in every mission level 150, and being able to purposely remove characters so you only have 1 character to play in the mission, there's so many unique ways to tackle missions you've already beaten. Even the first several level 8 or whatever missions can be given a new challenge, and trying to solve them with these new restrictions is so fun. I know this is only relevant for the people who put too much time into this game (like me), but I still absolutely love it.

\Also just wanna say that Pirate Warriors is really suffering for more content. PW4 has about the the same amount of missions as... 3 History mode maps? That's it. DLC has added nothing, it's just $30 for characters and nothing else. And with how expensive that is, only the people that are serious about the game are going to consider buying it... but the people that are serious about the game already beat every mission in the game's first week of launching. So $30 to... play characters in missions you've already completed? no ty.
TLDR; stat wise. Luck and Str/Mag are the main things. Lethality is Luck reliant and de best extreme damage dealer. Everyone except Corrin has a decent flowing moveset. Niles has the lowest Luck tho iirc.
Luna and Lethality both ye. Niles has the second lowest luck, Freddy is the lowest but he still has relevance thanks to having a unique moveset and being one of the very few axe users. Niles is also the one who naturally comes with Lethality... and he's one of the worst characters at using it!!!! I love this Zelda-tier design!~ :secretkpop:
Can you have us pretend your avatar is something less spooky? :^(
okay you can imagine her wearing some silly pumpkin glasses, is that better
Trade your Wii BadU for a Switch. Best thing I ever did. I just hope we get Xenoblade X remastered for Switch with better online stuff.
wii u is still better than the switch idc

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Nah the FE1 remake was awful and a rerelease of FE1 sounds boring. I'll pass on it for sure.
Understandable. I'm kinda surprised on how cheap it is on the eShop too. I'm hella down with getting it to be honest. Plus, this'll give me a chance to experience the original for the first time. Since my 1st Fire Emblem game was Radiant Dawn on the Wii.

As for Xenoblade 2 I beat the game and did a lot of the post game content. I'm still not done but I dropped the game and may pick it up later to start a NG+. I think all I have left is to complete the main character's charts and getting the Nopon Tokens. I have to beat the thing we raise on the farm too but he's too strong.
Well from what I did, I made sure to get every Driver first in NG+, there's some Travelling Bards in some of the towns you go to, and if you give them 200,000 Bonus EXP, you can get some good items from them. One in the Argentum Trade Guild gives you an Accessory Expansion Kit, so everyone can hold 3 Accessories which is WAY better and can help with your builds more. There's one in Torigoth that I think gives you a bunch of Ether Crystals for Poppiswap, and one gives you a Legendary Core Crystal for 200k. Affinity Chart wise, I just completed Pandoria's yesterday. Making her the third blade to complete out of the important Blades, the other two being Poppi Alpha and QT.

Also, there's a Hidden Affinity chart for the Drivers if you go into NG+, which are very expensive to unlock. Cheapest at 2,500 SP, most expensive at 60,000 SP.

So a masculine Zelda.
Well, maybe? Zelda has universally been bad in almost every iteration of Smash. Except Ultimate where she's actually decent. (Bottom 5 in Melee, Bottom 3 in Brawl, Bottom 2 in Sm4sh and now Mid Tier in Ultimate.)

Gordeau? Top 2 in UNIEL. Mid to Low Tier in UNIST. Low Tier in UNICLR. High Tier in vanilla BBTAG, now Bottom 10 in BBTAG 2.0. Oof. He fell from grace.

Also, I still got my Wii U, I only use it to watch anime now. rip.

1603967247203.png

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
IT'S THE SPOOK DAY! Enjoi some seasonal music
POSTING THIS AGAIN BUT THE VIDEO WON'T LOAD THIS TIME BUT MAYBE IT WILL AGAIN LATER IDK

everyone say thank u daoko for adding spoop into dragalia

And finally, Eclipse from FF XIII-2! This game has an adaptive soundtrack similar to FE, so the first half of the video is the calm version and the second half is the "aggressive" version. They flow into each other really nicely here!
And I'm highlighting XIII-2 rn because I decided to make up a nuzlocke for the game, and I ended up finishing the challenge last night! It was kinda a mess but I still enjoyed it.

Hope all of you stay safe today <3
And tomorrow <3
After that you're on your own <3

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've heard that Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R is getting an extended beta test on their Rollback.

From what I've seen, it looks fantastic. I do kinda hope that they do eventually add Rollback to Centralfiction, BBTAG and the Switch port of GGXXAC+R.

Speaking of fighting games, I really need to get back to BBTAG and Centralfiction. Same goes with GGAC+R. Still wanna learn Susanoo in CF and Robo-Ky some more in Guilty Gear. BBTAG? Ehhhh. Meta in that seems really iffy imo with Yumi running around still (Still surprised me that Hilda is getting way more traction now, but that could be online which is making Hilda good. :V)

Did decide to get some clips of me playing BBTAG and doing some combos from my Switch, that's about it and I got some images of Pyra/Homura as well. Because she is soooo cute.

So now I can go onto Duel Links. This meta right now SUCKS, or it's because I've been having a really bad run in Ranked. But I had nothing but losses in Ranked with my Aromage Deck, it was not pleasent at all. I might as well just throw in a Cosmic Cyclone to deal with some of this bs. Plus I'm still trying to make a Wind-Up deck which is going to take a while since I want multiple copies of Wind-Up Shark so badly.

1604486735719.png

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Smashboards is actually my only source for how I reacted to the 2016 election. Looking back at the old posts honestly just makes me miss the activity we used to have. We were all pretty caught off guard.

In other stuff, I've been trying to decide whether I should get a New Nintendo 3DS or a New Nintendo 2DS because my old 3DS stopped being functional 2 years ago. The rational part of me is saying the 2DS is way cheaper for missing literally one thing, while the aesthetic part of me is going full "It's the final, ultimate version, which is definitely at odds with my wallet. I heard that the 3D function is actually good on the "New" brand so I'm still undecided.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
EODM07 EODM07

\Also just wanna say that Pirate Warriors is really suffering for more content. PW4 has about the the same amount of missions as... 3 History mode maps? That's it. DLC has added nothing, it's just $30 for characters and nothing else. And with how expensive that is, only the people that are serious about the game are going to consider buying it... but the people that are serious about the game already beat every mission in the game's first week of launching. So $30 to... play characters in missions you've already completed? no ty.
I bought Pirate Warriors 3 Gold for...$12 or something? It goes on a steep discount a few times a year on the eshop. Haven't touched it tho.

Hyrule Warriors 2 has a demo out now, hoping to play it later tonight. Unfortunately the roster was datamined from it and no Cia or Lana to be found rip in pepperonis.

POSTING THIS AGAIN BUT THE VIDEO WON'T LOAD THIS TIME BUT MAYBE IT WILL AGAIN LATER IDK
Speaking of the Bravely series, they released a video addressing the Demo feedback surveys:

So it looks like they're giving us the old Final Fantasy RTS battle system for the player characters, whereas enemies will have visual cues for which one is going to attack next?

I'm not really sure why they changed it, but I guess they wanted to make it a bit more random and less hard math.

Honestly I'm just happy they remapped the buttons. Remains to be seen if they did a good job doing so tho.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It's been a few days, so I shall now talk.

Happy Doog noises.

Onto other stuff. I'm now experiencing the pains of a F2P in Duel Links. Not getting Gems as much now from levelling up. Lowest levelled characters I have now are about Level 34. And I still wanna make a goddamn Wind-Up Deck. And then Konami throws in a new Main BOX which has TONS of Fish Support, lswarms, Stratos and even Mermail support! fml (And a tiny handful of Ghiski support too).

...WHERE'S MY GODDAMN MADOLCHE SUPPORT!?

And here I am still stuck using Aromas. :V

Now onto fighting games. I'm considering labbing out some more GGXXAC+R stuff, since I really wanna learn Robo-Ky. I have a strange fascination with Robo-Ky, he just seems extremely fun and hype. Then again, I used to be part of the MUGEN Community years back, and there were a bunch of custom edits people would make. The most popular ones at the time were edits on Kula from King of Fighters (One edit would use say fire, and another would use wind), and Len from Melty Blood (One was wearing red, used playing cards as projectiles and smoked). And there were some Robo edits. More specifically, we saw a Robo-Ky Mk.III, Robo-Jam, Robo-Order Sol and then my favourite two out of them all. Robo Rock and Robo Rock Type 2.

1604748633343.png

Robo Rock from I recall used some stuff from Cyber Akuma, Rugal Bernstein and even used Hayato's Raging Demon input too from MVC2, and of course he had the standard Shining Knuckle, Raging Storm and Deadly Rave mixed with Guilty Gear's combo system and burst (I think his Hard Edge (214P) even caused a wallbounce and let him OTG too in this edit). He also has some of God Rugal's voicelines from CvS2 too. Type 2 was more full of JoJo references, he had Stroheim's machine gun and Star Platinum's Ora. tldr; MUGEN's Robo edits made me like Robo-Ky.

1604748805332.png

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I bought a collection of Street Fighter games and played it a little bit. It'll take a while getting used to playing the games on the Switch. So far, I've mostly played Ibuki's arcade mode in one of the later games. I like ninjas, so naturally I'm interested in her.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Hey, I do have something to say today, so I guess I'll say it? I got a New Nintendo 3DS XL because my old 3DS from 2012 was broken down as hell and I wanted to get an upgrade. Let me tell you if you don't have one, holy crap is it BIG. I expected it to be larger, but it's so much more than that. The bottom screen on the N3DS XL is wayyy bigger than the top screen on the original 3DS.
I'm also a fan of the working 3D effect, the noticeably improved loading time, and the changeround of settings like volume and the cartridge slot. Overall it's a big improvement :drflip:
:drflip::drflip:.

Okay, that's all the time I've got, I gotta get back to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Finally getting back into pirate warriors 4 and SERIOUSLY I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS ENGAGED WITH A WARRIORS GAME SINCE THE ORIGINAL HYRULE WARRIORS. I actually feel like I'm learning about how to play these characters and I'm seeing real improvement on top of that. I have... no idea when the last time a game had the learn > apply knowledge > see results flow be so obvious and so rewarding. Good stuff.
Ichigi is one of my most played but I never actually tried the third hit of his air C4 until today. I always just canceled the attack after the first or second hit because I thought that was it. Then I went "oh his other air attacks have a third hit, this one should as well" and it's just a GIANT LAZER. His kit is already so ridiculous and flashy, but yeah he was missing a giant lazer. Glad to see that included. :secretkpop: Also Bartolomeo, I think I've learned most of his gimmicks at this point so it's just a matter of refining everything to work together. And it's so good. I managed to deal with Big Mom and Kaido at the same time with no issues at all. You remember how ridiculous it was for Agitha to completely wreck The Imprisoned? It's that feeling except if The Imprisoned was trying and failing to run away from you. All the while he's unable to attack or do anything other than get knocked down repeatedly. It's a power trip and it's dumb and stupid and I'm absolutely living for every second of it.
And then with the varying specials you can equip, I'm starting to try different builds. One that felt maybe a bit too gimmicky but I liked was a build with Hancock that was trying to utilize Conqueror's Haki to it's best potential. It still feels really weak in this game for being one of the big important powers that only a small few people get, but hey it's there, why not try to use it?
Alsooooo Nami is probably going to join my main 4 (well, 5 now) bc being able to alternate between her 2 FBF's is so so so so so so so helpful on later missions. Still thinking about that message in PW3 that straight up said Nami is weak.
So it looks like they're giving us the old Final Fantasy RTS battle system for the player characters, whereas enemies will have visual cues for which one is going to attack next?

I'm not really sure why they changed it, but I guess they wanted to make it a bit more random and less hard math.
From what I got from it, the battle system didn't actually change at all from the demo. They just added visuals like the ATB bar and enemy markers so that you'll know how the turn order works out, and that's all I needed. I'd still prefer the original Bravely system, but getting cues to know what's happening in the new system is the second best thing so that's still a win.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 So sad this got nerfed in DL :(

Funny that I don't play Witchcrafters, lol. Right now, I'm currently playing Shiranuis (Unfortunately) for KC Cup, but I'm actually liking the deck surprisingly. And I now have 3 copies of Wind-Up Shark, so I can at least TRY to make a Wind-Up deck with them. Doubt it'll go far, but I can always just go into the new Main BOX and gets the Numbers in there, also I think the game wants me to make an lswarm deck since that was the first UR I got from the main. I did stop playing Aromages because they just are not good at all in the current format, they were a good Rogue Deck last season, but not anymore due to power creep. I think Aromas are irrelevant now thanks to other meta decks like Crystrons (Which I've hardly seen), Dark Magicians, HEROes, Cyber Dragons and even Blue-Eyes. I've seen some even just randomly run Necrovalley to stop all of these other decks. Might be wise to see if I can splash something in that prevents them from using that card permanently.

I'm still waiting on the Madolche support to become available since the Standard Duelists have access to it. smh

If you're curious about my Shiranui deck. This is what I run:

Main Deck
Monsters:
x2 Shiranui Solitaire
x2 Shiranui Squire
x3 Shiranui Spiritmaster
x1 Shiranui Samurai
x2 Shiranui Spectralsword Shade
x2 Shiranui Spectralsword

Spells:
x1 Forbidden Lance
x1 Cosmic Cyclone

Traps:
x2 Dice It
x2 Fiendish Chain
x2 Karma Cut

Extra Deck:
x1 Shiranui Squiresaga
x2 Shiranui Sunsaga
x2 Shiranui Shogunsaga
x2 Shiranui Samuraisaga

In other stuff I can talk about. I got HARDCORE MECHA on my Switch, and I've been enjoying it. I heard that it has Gurren Lagann as DLC for it. Oh, and I decided to go back to Tales of Vesperia, got further into Part 2 of the story, currently just want to unlock every Arte for every character currently available. Dunno how long that'll last though, rip.

I'm on the Heracles at the moment, rescuing Estelle from Alexei, but I do want to get all of the Artes available for everyone like I mentioned.

I should also share some more SRB2K gifs here too someday, lol.

1605955701826.png

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Funny that I don't play Witchcrafters, lol. Right now, I'm currently playing Shiranuis (Unfortunately) for KC Cup, but I'm actually liking the deck surprisingly. And I now have 3 copies of Wind-Up Shark, so I can at least TRY to make a Wind-Up deck with them. Doubt it'll go far, but I can always just go into the new Main BOX and gets the Numbers in there, also I think the game wants me to make an lswarm deck since that was the first UR I got from the main. I did stop playing Aromages because they just are not good at all in the current format, they were a good Rogue Deck last season, but not anymore due to power creep. I think Aromas are irrelevant now thanks to other meta decks like Crystrons (Which I've hardly seen), Dark Magicians, HEROes, Cyber Dragons and even Blue-Eyes. I've seen some even just randomly run Necrovalley to stop all of these other decks. Might be wise to see if I can splash something in that prevents them from using that card permanently.

I'm still waiting on the Madolche support to become available since the Standard Duelists have access to it. smh

If you're curious about my Shiranui deck. This is what I run:

Main Deck
Monsters:
x2 Shiranui Solitaire
x2 Shiranui Squire
x3 Shiranui Spiritmaster
x1 Shiranui Samurai
x2 Shiranui Spectralsword Shade
x2 Shiranui Spectralsword

Spells:
x1 Forbidden Lance
x1 Cosmic Cyclone

Traps:
x2 Dice It
x2 Fiendish Chain
x2 Karma Cut

Extra Deck:
x1 Shiranui Squiresaga
x2 Shiranui Sunsaga
x2 Shiranui Shogunsaga
x2 Shiranui Samuraisaga
Yeah, I am not a fan of Shiras. Have the deck, and feel filthy playing it. I also don't really enjoy KC Cup... feel like I'm restricted to certain archetypes to do well in it. My final Stage 1 was against Shriras... eugh. Been doing Stage 2 with Buster Blader for the gems only. The next banlist can't come soon enough. Free Witchcrafters! (Even if everybody hates them.)

Vesperia has aged so well I feel. Rita<3

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also Bartolomeo, I think I've learned most of his gimmicks at this point so it's just a matter of refining everything to work together.
NEVERMIND I'M STILL LEARNING NEW STUFF ABOUT HIM, LOVE IT HERE :D So his strong attack basically sets off a trap that you apply to enemies which I already knew, but I just found out that you can hold the button down and they'll just take continuous damage. This character is so weird but that's what I want more of in Warriors games.
Highkey considering making a video guide for him fueled entirely by anger built up from people discrediting him before even giving the character a chance. Just like how my first video for Lana's Summoning Gate happened! And I should have some time this week, so maybe... But maybe I should wait a bit longer, because I might find something else new like an infinite on him after more time. Who knows!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yeah, I am not a fan of Shiras. Have the deck, and feel filthy playing it. I also don't really enjoy KC Cup... feel like I'm restricted to certain archetypes to do well in it. My final Stage 1 was against Shriras... eugh. Been doing Stage 2 with Buster Blader for the gems only. The next banlist can't come soon enough. Free Witchcrafters! (Even if everybody hates them.)

Vesperia has aged so well I feel. Rita<3
I think the main issue is that Konami didn't hit any of these decks hard enough with the banhammer. Since Xyz didn't really leave a huge impact on the meta at all compared to Synchros, also this may sound like a hot take, but I honestly think a lot of the current meta decks are REALLY dry and boring to play against, I'd say the most fun ones are probably Lunalights, but that's more of a Rogue Deck I guess.

I'd probably have The White Stone of Ancients Semi-Limited along with Spirit of White, Dark Magical Circle and Magician Navigation Pseudo-Limited, Chimeratech Rampage Dragon Semi-Limited along with Overload Fusion. I'd probably say Fiendish Chain and Karma Cut need to be Limited as well, same goes with Necrovalley. And this is coming from someone who likes Gravekeeper's, they're pretty fun to play, but a bit expensive, but hey, they're cheap compared to those damn Blackwings.

Everytime I see a Blackwing Deck, I feel like my opponent is just flaunting their wealth at me. I mean, we get it, you spent money. I have no comment on Crystrons since I know they're apparently Tier 1, but I haven't fought them much, so my knowledge on them is tiny.

tl;dr, the meta for Duel Links sucks, and I hope we get something game changing that'll make it refreshing and exciting because I'm sick of seeing all of the meta decks.

1606045853851.png

Also, for those that have played SRB2K, what're your thoughts on the game or those that are planning on getting it? Since it is free on PC.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Resplendent!Niles is here at last and he is beautiful. I was kinda hoping for his resplendent to be a Dökkalfheimr alt, but Múspell is pretty great too so I'm hyped. Niles was ofc my #1 most wanted resplendent, and I'm not sure what I did to actually manifest him into exist, but I am v grateful. No longer will my boi have grey skin for no reason. He also has fab nails in his new art. The +2 to all stats is pretty huge for Niles since he uses them all and has trash gen 1 ranged BST; now his spread will be 51/54/45/28/45 at +10/+15 +atk with his prf equipped and SS. Hopefully this resplendent sells well so IS gives me more Niles content, though this new art will sustain me for a while. Everyone vote Niles in CYL pls 👀

Also FEW gorls, would any of you care to explain to me why Corrin is so trash?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also FEW gorls, would any of you care to explain to me why Corrin is so trash?
Okay so! Corrin's biggest flaw is that they're the absolute inverse of how they are in Smash, their range is atrocious and the worst in the game. Beyond that, their damage and speed is generally from bad to average, so they aren't making up anything there. Attacks are clunky and nothing really flows into each other. At least they can be a backline staffbot, but just like in the main games, it would help a lot more to use a healer that's mounted for better movement. Stats aren't bad, but they aren't good either, just... entirely average in all aspects.
C1 uncharged does nearly nothing. Fully charged it can do some nice damage, but the damage is nowhere near worth having to stand completely still for 5 seconds. C2 launches and eh alright. C3 is their best waveclear option but it's bad. C4 exposes critical hit gauges and not much else. C5 and C6 both do some nice damage I guess? Weirdly enough their best ranged attack comes from the last hit of their standard attack string, the big laser. But being a standard attack, the damage is Not Great.
Also doesn't help being an infantry sword user when there's over 10 other better options. Rowan and Lianna have really balanced (but good!) kits that have nice damage and AOE, and actual juggles (Lianna also has staff access). Chrom and Lucina are faster, have better damage, and better juggles, and somewhat better range. Marth and Celica have their C1 teleport to easily continue juggles, plus it helps mobility (and again, Celica has staff access). Lyn and Navarre are dummy fast, both in their attacks and their mobility. Ryoma and Owain have better range, damage, and juggles. And then Xander has better speed and AOE's, plus has the benefit of having mounted movement. Down the DLC path, Olivia has the highest luck stat in the game (which is the most important stat here because this FE game is backwards), huge AOE's, and her dance can be ridiculous at constantly recharging special meter so you can spam dual specials endlessly.
With character switching and pair-ups being a thing, you only really need to be able to have 1 niche to excel at to be usable. Corrin doesn't even have that. Worse waveclear in the game would be fine since someone has to take the title, but Corrin is unable to even complete some missions due to how awful it is. I forget which ones, but they were all variants of "defeat ### enemies in ## minutes" missions. Being bad at them is one thing, being unable to complete them is another issue entirely. And like I said, there isn't any other aspect of the game that they could be considered good at to make up for it.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Resplendent!Niles is here at last and he is beautiful. I was kinda hoping for his resplendent to be a Dökkalfheimr alt, but Múspell is pretty great too so I'm hyped. Niles was ofc my #1 most wanted resplendent, and I'm not sure what I did to actually manifest him into exist, but I am v grateful. No longer will my boi have grey skin for no reason. He also has fab nails in his new art. The +2 to all stats is pretty huge for Niles since he uses them all and has trash gen 1 ranged BST; now his spread will be 51/54/45/28/45 at +10/+15 +atk with his prf equipped and SS. Hopefully this resplendent sells well so IS gives me more Niles content, though this new art will sustain me for a while. Everyone vote Niles in CYL pls 👀
Now that's a Niles anyone would happily kiss on the mouth.

Also I've been so busy over the past months, meaning I only had time for mobile games... Which leads to 2 probs.

Problem 1: now I am so totally over FEH and barely care to maintain it. Loki's Pawn was neat tho. It turns out 50% to 70% of what kept me playing is the money I was spending every month lmao.

Problem 2: I'm now entranced by mobile game Cafeland. It's one of those restaurant games, except you work with guildees to stomp on those other loser guilds a few dats a week. There's also quest lines of sort, so it's not a perpetual belt of "cook what the RNG customers want and serve!"

P1 + P2 = I'm officially a Middle Aged Gorl now, much like the ye olde Facebook Moms of ancient times. Not a gorl, but a woomon? Except male and technically not middle aged because I plan on dying when I'm 69 and not 60. But at least the title of Middle Aged Gorl comes with a better grasp on money and general spending. :^)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Alacion Alacion They did it.

The mad lads at Konami did it. They nuked the meta in Duel Links. How bad did they nuke it? Well...

Invoked Cocytus will be Forbidden

Karakuri Inashichi will be Limited to 1.

And then there's the Semi-Limited section...

Shiranui Solitaire, Sunsaga and Spiritmaster are all getting Semi-Limited to 2.

Crystron Citree, Genex Controller and Scrap Recycler are also getting Semi-Limited to 2.

Oh, and Dragunity Senatus and Magician of Dark Illusion are also getting Semi-Limited to 2.

Now onto what I call Pseudo-Limited.

Invocation and Fusion Reserve are all getting Pseudo-Limited to 3 while Aleister the Invoker is still Pseudo-Limited.

Next is Magician's Rod going back to Pseudo-Limited, but they're also putting Magician Navigation on there too. Assault Armour is now at 3 instead of 2.

And finally, what is coming off the banlist is Dragunity Divine Lance, Hiro's Shadow Scout, and Donpa, Marksman Fur Hire.

They really did just kill every single meta deck out there, and I'm happy for it. Don't believe me? Here.

Also, they released an EX Structure Deck focusing on Noble Knights which I decided to get. It's pretty good, has strong removal and good combos, but it relies heavily on Equip Spells which may be a problem for some, as they can still be removed by backrow themselves. However, I think once the meta evolves some more, it'll work out very nicely. Hell, I'd say that thanks to me getting some of the Noble Knights prior when I first delve into their BOX back when Balance wasn't nerfed, it was pretty strong.

Now onto other stuff. I'll be giving Fire Emblem 1 a shot later today once I've finished Rise From The Ashes which is the Bonus Episode in Ace Attorney. I'm actually looking forward to finishing that episode again, since I have played all of the entries multiple times. In fact, I think I could list my favourite Ace Attorney titles in order from best to worst for me that were localised officially.

Best:
Dual Destinies
Spirit of Justice
Ace Attorney/Trials & Tribulations
Investigations
Apollo Justice
Justice For All
Worst:

1606990931758.png

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
EODM07 EODM07 About time they killed Shiras... sucks for you but can't wait honestly. I'll always find something to complain about. Blackwings are back... Cydras are back... eugh. The game is regressing because xyz is still awful.

I'm a bit gutted at the Noble Knight EX... especially since I wasted my gems collecting 3 Medraut. Well... now I have six of him. Pretty sure people are finding ways to keep Shiras and Invoked alive. Hoping for more Buster Blader support (and Dinos)!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 About time they killed Shiras... sucks for you but can't wait honestly. I'll always find something to complain about. Blackwings are back... Cydras are back... eugh. The game is regressing because xyz is still awful.

I'm a bit gutted at the Noble Knight EX... especially since I wasted my gems collecting 3 Medraut. Well... now I have six of him. Pretty sure people are finding ways to keep Shiras and Invoked alive. Hoping for more Buster Blader support (and Dinos)!
Ah well. Shiranuis overstayed their welcome anyway. I only gave them a short go anyway around this September to October. I'll probably be sticking with my Noble Knights deck for now. Since I did hit Legend 1 with them, it bricks pretty hard, but I'll leave my decklist here of what I run.

Skill: Equipment Exchange

Main Deck:
Monsters:
x1 Chaos Hunter
x1 Jinzo
x2 Noble Knight Medraut
x2 Noble Knight Drystan
x1 Merlin
x1 Noble Knight Borz
x1 Noble Knight Gawayn
x1 Gwnehwyfar, Queen of Noble Arms

Spells/Traps:
x1 Forbidden Lance
x2 Cosmic Cyclone
x2 Noble Arms Gallatin
x1 Noble Arms Arfeudutyr
x1 Noble Arms Caliburn
x2 Noble Arms of Destiny
x2 Glory of the Noble Knights

Extra Deck:
Fusions:
x1 Trishula, Dragon of Icy Imprisonment
Xyz:
x1 Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights
x1 Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus
x1 Gagaga Cowboy
x1 Zubaba General
x1 Gagaga Samurai
x1 Diamond Dire Wolf

Originally, I had Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn and a 3rd Drystan in the deck. However, the problem was that if I drew Laundsallyn, he's pretty much a Garnet which I do not want in my hand, therefore, I swapped him out for Jinzo to snuff out traps like Fiendish Chain, Karma Cut, Magician Navigation and so on. Whereas Chaos Hunter is to stop Shiranuis, Nephthys, Cyber Dragons and Dragunities.

But one of the big combos that you can do with the deck is as follows:
  • Summon Medraut
  • Equip an Equip Spell to him, activate his effect; Special Summon Borz.
  • Destroy Equip Spell and attach to Borz, activate Borz's effect, excavate Gwenhwyfar, Gallatin and Caliburn.
  • Equip an Equip Spell to Medraut; Xyz Summon Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus.
  • Activate Sacred Artorigus' effect: Attach Gallatin and Caliburn to him, then equip Gwenhwyfar to him.
  • 4000 ATK monster with monster removal.

The reason I use Equipment Exchange is so that way if I do get a bricky hand, I can use Cosmic Cyclone to get rid of backrow, use the Skill to return an Equip Spell and another card back to the deck to draw the same amount that I sent back to the bottom of my deck. And then if I get say Medraut from that draw, then I'm in luck, but if I brick again. Then I'm buggered.

It can be inconsistent at times, but when you do get that combo off, it feels VERY satisfying, what's even better is if you start off with Medraut and Arfeudutyr, that's when the backrow can go away. Feels very nice. I'd say the main issue is again is inconsistency, if I did burn money on Duel Links by getting another EX Structure Deck, then I'd definitely be running another Merlin just to make the deck more consistent. But as a filthy Free-2-Play who doesn't whale for the game unlike Duel Links Meta, I'll have to stick with what I got.

1607163428755.png

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
EODM07 EODM07 Unfortunately, I feel like you need to spend the money to really make the deck optimal but it's not even close to the amount of money you'd spend on a main box which is a plus. Merlin is amazing and definitely should be at 3 :( At least you have Gwenhwyfar. I'm more of a meme deck player so I might play more Noble Knights once the hype dies down. <3 my Buster Blader deck even if it's awful. Give me Dragon Buster Destruction Sword and I can forgive Komoney for leaving BBs in the dust.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I totally forgot I had this as a Wintertime Avatar. It's a Christmas Miracle occurring on the 16th of December that I was able to find this~ ♥
Puddi Xmas2.png

pls appreciate the painstaking 690,000 milliseconds I've probably put into giving Zeldoo some shiny green lipstick kthnx
Speaking of remembering things that I like, I've rediscovered Studio Killers! Even though I listen to them frequently, it just never occurred to me to actually look for them during music deep dive. So when it was recommended to me I was both happy and confused because OHRIGHT THEY ARE A THING???!!! tyvm for the early present, YouTube. Even if it's over 2 years old and a lewd song, I still love it. All the characters are pretty neat-o and the driver is clearly a top tier kween too.

So ye. Back to Wintertime preperations.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's been a while. First thing first and that is I hope everyone will have a safe and happy holiday.

Next, game stuff. Sephiroth is our newcomer for SmUsh. Surprising, but personally disappointing. I get why since Cloud, Sephiroth, and Final Fantasy VII are iconic -- arguably the most iconic of the Final Fantasy series. There's also the remake which reminds me of Noctis joining Tekken 7 as at the time Final Fantasy XV was the FF game to play and Tekken 7 is more popular than SoulCalibur where Noctis probably would have made more sense in. For me, I wished someone else from a different Final Fantasy game was in over Sephiroth despite his merits, in particular, he's our first and only katana, eastern swordsmanship representative. Terra Branford would have been my pick and if not her, Cecil Harvey, Gilgamesh, Kain Highwind, Kefka, or Zidane. Maybe someone from FFVIII, FFX, FFXII, or whatever, but you get the point. Yes, Cloud and Sephiroth represent Final Fantasy as a whole, but it would have been nice if the two FF representatives were from different FF games. Or we could even go for a Bravely Default character for another, different Square Enix representative.

Moving on, the Capcom leak. Really sucks for Capcom, but kind of awesome for some people. Confirmations of games people speculated or have been wondering if they would ever be a reality is the awesome part. That is also like a spoilers thing where for some people, knowing something amazing, weird, or curious will happen can get them excited. At the same time, the spilled beans can be disappointing for those who wanted to be surprised or to have experienced it on their own. To that, I am not discuss supposedly confirmed titles. Instead, the one oddity of the leak and that is the source code of Devil May Cry 2. Not a remake or anything, but just the source code of the original game. Why it was part of the leak no idea. It's considered the worst game of the series and I don't know or think anyone would want the source code of that particular DMC. Perhaps to see how they managed to cobble together a functioning game in the last moments, sure. Otherwise, DMC1, 3, 4, 5, or even DmC would be more enticing. For instance, how exactly do things like jump cancel and distortion work or how they work to which as unethical as it may be, other developers could appropriate the combat of DMC into their games.

Speaking of spoilers, I watched Proton Jon's game completion streams of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Incidentally, it led to me finding out that the game is still being expanded on with the recent Bloodless mode update bringing the game to three playable characters among other modes and challenges in the game. That definitely pushed me to wanting to play the game. It still has some issues and you could argue that the game has dated mechanics and concepts or is predictable, but you can definitely see the love that went into Bloodstained and the desire from Igarashi Koji and his team of wanting to make more Metroidvanias. That's cool.

Something that surprised me was that Rena Strober voiced several characters in the game. The fairies in particular are voiced by her and they give such an indignant "Ow!" when you hit them. It's hilarious. One of the tracks, "Theme of Johannes", reminds me of Fable. There's a little bit in the song that made me think of Oakvale. It's been such a long time since I played Fable and what a fun mess it was having the damn thing run below 15 FPS.

Music. I don't know if anyone remembers the Breath of the Wild sound remix I posted a while back, but the artist, liltommyj, dropped his album in October and the title says it all; Woah by liltommyj: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPTPzp9ICss.

"Eat The Wind" by Yorushika: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgcgzYObr6Y. Relaxing, but also groovy.

"Kanashimi no mukougawa" by Aimer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3O-q7YmeII.

"Nemurumachi" feat. yama by Kujira: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePBjUMEeqBw. It's very chill song.

Hoshimachi Suisei's cover of Superfly's "Kakusei" is really damn good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTeBvVJ_xY.

The original version of "Kakusei" by Superfly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u052cW1e1Y.

Inui Toko debuted her first original song I think? and it's super funky. "Jigokuya Hatcho Arashi" by Inui Toko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwZZeMNanKw.

Inui and Suisei are good friends and they collaborated for a Halloween song. Late spoopy times. The two covered Valkyrie's "Tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhmFj1owmuk.

I am still entranced by Melissa Kinrenka's voice. Melissa's cover of "Red Purge!!!" by P.I.N.A.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JU6I12H5WU.

The original version of "Red Purge!!!" by P.I.N.A. which featured Kagamine Rin's and Kagamine Len's voices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TtvPQmtyBU.

The original version used two voices and there are -- I don't know what the actual terms should be -- different tones used at certain parts of the song. Melissa does that, but Melissa's voice is what makes the cover so damn good. The difference of it being a human singer compared to Vocaloid singers also gives it a different quality. The usual is Melissa's raspy, strained-sounding voice with some growls that I think is for Len's parts and a higher-pitched, perhaps sultry one for Rin's parts. At around 4:02 of the song, there's an opera-like part and Melissa's singing during that reminds me of Ben Del Maestro's part in "Inner Universe" from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex; the "mana du vortes" and "aeria gloris" part. It's just the opera-feel that makes me think of that. Now that I think about it, I think the reason why I like Melissa's voice so much is that it reminds me of the delinquent, yankee girl voices in anime. Those rough, sometimes raspy voices.

Also, here's Reol's cover of "Red Purge!!!" by P.I.N.A.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckXMvrFlmKY.

As for FEH, well, yeah. Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , I know you said you said that FEH doesn't interest you much anymore, but did you see Oliver's new tome? They know he's a meme, so they gave him a meme tome and it works magnificently as meme-y as it is. If anything, it has the best tome animation in the game. Winter Bernadetta's Hrist's animation is fun too.

It's been forever and I have a giant list of units that I summoned.
Plumeria's banner.
5* Duma: +Atk, -HP. And now I have a +2 Duma. He's my highest merged mythic and most summoned mythic now.
4* Jeorge #1: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Mercedes #1: neutral.
4* Odin #1: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Titania #1: +Def, -Res.
3* Cherche #1: +HP, -Def.
5* legendary Leif #1: +Spd, -Atk. I finally have him. -Atk sucks, but he's still the only ranged unit with Galeforce and he's my first and only Brave Bow cavalry. (Pleasantly surprised that another copy showed up.)
4* Lena #1: +Atk, -Res.
3* M!Robin #1: +Def, -Spd.
3* Shanna #1: +Spd, -Res.
3* Beruka #1: +Atk, -Def.
3* Libra: neutral.
4* Priscilla #1: +Atk, -Def.
4* Sothe #1: +Spd, -Def.
4* Tanya #1: +Spd, -Atk.
4* M!Corrin: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Fir #1: +HP, -Atk.
5* legendary Leif #2: +Spd, -Res. What. The. Hell. A second one!?
4* Niles #1: neutral.
4* Nowi: +Def, -Spd.
4* Echidna #1: +Def, -Res.
3* Gwendolyn #1: +Def, -Atk.
4* Lachesis: +Spd, -Atk.
5* CYL Micaiah: +Atk, -Res.
4* Nanna: +Def, -Atk.
4* Clarine #1: +Def, -Spd.
4* Donnel: +HP, -Def.
3* Est #1: +Res, -Spd.
3* Felicia #1: +HP, -Spd.
3* Reinhardt #1: +Res, -Def.
4* Hinata #1: +Def, -Res.
3* L'Arachel #1: +Def, -Res.
3* Mustafa #1: +Spd, -Res.
5* Plumeria: +Res, -Def. Got her!
3* Titania #2: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Brady #1: +Res, -Def.
4* Lukas #1: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Roderick #1: +Def, -Spd.
4* Serra #1: +Def, -Atk.
4* Serra #2: +Def, -Spd.
Halloween banner.
4* Bartre #1: +Spd, -Def.
4* Merric: +Atk, -Res.
4* Niles #2: +Def, -Atk.
4* Silvia #1: +Def, -Atk.
5* Xane: +HP, -Atk. Did not expect him to show up and he was my lowest priority since I wanted werewolf F!Grima the most for her art, kid Tiki & Ninian would have been my first harmonic hero, and Dheginsea is just cool. Xane is good, he's the first 4* summonable colorless mage and one with a prf tome to boot, but that's the thing, he's the 4* focus, so I didn't feel like I wanted to go out my way to get him.
3* F!Corrin: +Spd, -HP.
3* Barst #1: +Res, -HP.
4* Forrest: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Nanna: +Def, -Spd.
4* Nino #1: +Spd, -Def.
Silver Snow Three Houses banner
3* Beruka #2: +Def, -Res.
4* Nino #2: +Def, -Spd.
3* Sakura #1: +Res, -Def.
4* Setsuna: +Def, -HP.
3* Tethys #1: +HP, -Res.
4* Mustafa #2: +Def, -HP.
4* Niles #3: +Spd, -Def.
3* Odin #2: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Priscilla #2: +Atk, -Res.
3* Sheena: +Def, -Res.
3* Brady #2: +Res, -Atk.
4* Echidna #2: +Def, -HP.
3* Lucius #1: +Atk, -HP.
4* M!Morgan #1: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Sophia #1: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Bantu #1: +Res, -Atk.
4* Emmeryn #1: +Atk, -Spd.
3* Leon: neutral.
4* Palla #1: +HP, -Def.
5* Shamir: +Def, -Res. Nice, got the one I wanted the most character-wise.
4* Cordelia: +Def, -Atk.
4* L'Arachel #2: +Atk, -Def.
3* Mathilda #1: +Def, -HP.
3* Olivia #1: +Spd, -Res.
4* Virion #1: +Atk, -Def.
4* M!Morgan #2: +Res, -Spd.
3* Mustafa #3: +HP, -Def.
4* Reinhardt #2: +Res, -Spd.
4* Stahl #1: +HP, -Spd.
3* Subaki #1: +Res, -Def.
4* Draug #1: +Spd, -Def.
3* Gwendolyn #2: +Def, -HP.
3* Libra #2: neutral.
4* Peri: +Def, -Res.
4* Subaki #2: +Spd, -Def.
4* L'Arachel #3: +HP, -Atk.
3* Mathilda #2: +REs, -HP.
4* Rath: +HP, -Def.
3* Rebecca #1: +HP, -Spd.
4* Sothe #2: +Res, -Spd.
Legendary Dimitri's banner.
4* Clarine #2: +Def, -Atk.
4* Lon'qu #1: +Res, -Def.
4* Mathilda #3: +Spd, -Def.
3* Ogma #1: +HP, -Def.
3* Raven: neutral.
4* Felicia #2: +HP, -Atk.
3* Henry #1: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Hinata #2: +Res, -Def.
4* Tanya #2: +Res, -Atk.
3* Virion #2: +Atk, -HP.
Ninja banner.
4* Cain: +Res, -Spd.
4* Marth #1: +HP, -Def.
3* Mustafa #4: +Atk, -HP.
3* Serra #3: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Tethys #2: +Spd, -HP.
4* Bantu #2: +Spd, -Def.
4* Gwendolyn #3: +HP, -Atk.
4* Hawkeye #1: +Def, -Atk.
3* Lon'qu #2: +Res, -Def.
4* Lukas #2: +Atk, -Def.
Three Houses rerun.
4* Ferdinand #1: +Res, -HP.
4* Gwendolyn #4: +Def, -Atk.
3* Libra: +Def, -Spd.
4* Mordecai: +Atk, -Res.
3* Seliph #1: +Res, -HP.
Princess of Elibe banner.
3* Barst #2: +Def, -Atk.
4* Felicia #4: +Res, -Spd.
3* Roderick #2: +HP, -Res.
3* Sothe #3: +Def, -Atk.
4* Sully #1: +Atk, -Def.
4* Clarine #3: +HP, -Def.
4* Gwendolyn #5: +Res, -Def.
3* Hinata #3: +Atk, -Res.
4* Rebecca #2: +HP, -Atk.
4* Rebecca #3: +Res, -HP.
4* Boey: +Res, -Def.
4* Florina #1: +Def, -Spd.
3* Seliph #2: +HP, -Def.
4* Soren #1: +HP, -Atk.
3* Wrys: +Res, -Spd.
5* Loki: +Res, -Def. Sure, why not.
4* Saizo: +Def,-Spd.
4* Shanna #2: +Def, -Atk.
4* Silvia #2: +Res, -HP.
4* Stahl #2: +Atk, -Res.
4* Camilla #1: +Atk, -Def.
3* Felicia #5: +Def, -Spd.
4* Kagero #1: neutral.
4* Lena #2: +Def, -Atk.
3* Priscilla #3: +Spd, -Def.
4* Cecilia #1: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Frederick #: +HP, -Atk.
4* Matthew #1: +Res, -Atk.
4* Stahl #3: +Spd, -Res.
4* Valbar #1: +Def, -Atk.
3* Athena #1: +Res, -Def.
4* Effie #1: +Atk, -HP.
3* Nino #3: +Def, -HP.
3* Reinhardt #3: +Def, -Res.
4* Selena #1: +Res, -Spd.
4* Gwendolyn #6: +HP, -Def.
4* Kaze: +Def, -HP.
3* L'Arachel #4: +HP, -Spd.
4* Merlinus: +Res, +HP.
4* Serra #4: +HP, -Def.
Freyja and Triandra's banner
5* merchant Anna #1: +Res, -Spd.
4* Echidna #3: +Spd, -Res.
3* Effie #2: +Atk, -Res.
4* Oscar: +HP, -Res.
3* Selena #2: +Def, -Atk.
4* Athena #2: +Atk, -HP.
4* Mercedes #2: +Atk, -Def.
4* Sakura #2: +Def, -Atk.
4* Sully #2: +Atk, -Def.
4* Valbar #2: +Res, -Def.
3* Frederick: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Jakob: +HP, -Atk.
3* Lucius #2: +Spd, -Atk.
5* CYL Lysithea: +Res, -Spd.
3* Matthew #2: +Res, -Def.
4* Azama #1: +HP, -Spd.
5* legendary Azura: +Spd, -Atk.
5* legendary F!Corrin: +HP, -Def.
3* Gaius #1: +Res, -HP.
4* Selena #3: +Spd, -Def.
4* Ares: +Def, -Res.
4* Arthur: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Draug #2: +HP, -Spd.
3* Shanna #3: +Def, -HP.
3* Tailtiu: +Def, -HP.
4* Catria #1: +Atk, -Def.
4* Jeorge #2: +Def, -Spd.
4* Legault: +Spd, -Res.
4* Oboro #1: +Def, -Atk.
3* Ogma #2: +Def, -Res.
4* Est #2: +Spd, -Def.
5* Freyja #1: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Freyja #2: neutral.
4* Olivia #2: +Spd, -Res.
4* Reinhardt #4: +Def, -Res.
4* Hawkeye #2: +Def, -HP.
4* Henry #2: +Atk, -Res.
4* Lena #3: +Def, -Spd.
5* Shinon: neutral.
3* Tethys #3: +Spd, -HP.
3* Chad: +Res, -Def.
4* Olivia #3: +Spd, -Res.
4* Sakura #3: neutral.
4* Soleil: +Spd, -Def.
5* Sothis: +HP, -Res.
3* Ferdinand #2: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Ilyana #1: +Atk, -HP.
4* Palla #2: +Res, -Spd.
4* Shigure #1: +HP, -Res.
3* Thea: +Res, -Spd.
4* Hawkeye #3: +HP, -Spd.
4* Lukas #3: +HP, -Atk.
3* Mae: +HP, -Atk.
4* M!Robin #2: +Def, -HP.
4* Soren #2: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Bartre #2: +Atk, -Spd.
5* legendary Eliwood: +Def, -Spd.
4* Hana: +Res, -HP.
4* Silvia #3: +Atk, -HP.
3* Sophia #2: +Atk, -Res.
4* Abel #1: +Res, -Def.
4* Clarine #4: +Def, -Spd.
4* Emmeryn #2: +Spd, -Res.
4* Ferdinand #3: +HP, -Def.
3* Florina #2: +Atk, -Res.
4* Cherche #2: +Def, -Spd.
4* Draug #3: +Def, -Spd.
4* Lilina: +Atk, -Def.
4* Mathilda #4: +Atk, -Res.
4* Mercedes #3: +Atk, -Def.
4* Catria #2: +Atk, -HP.
4* Fae: +Spd, -HP.
4* Shigure #2: +Def, -HP.
4* Sully #3: +Res, -Atk.
5* legendary kid Tiki: +Spd, -Def.
4* Gaius #2: +Spd, -HP.
4* Hinata #4: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Stahl #4: +Spd, -Res.
4* Titania #3: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Virion #3: +Spd, -Def.
4* Abel #2: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Cecilia #2: +HP, -Res.
4* Hinata #5: +Def, -Spd.
3* Palla #3: +Res, -Def.
4* Sakura #4: +HP, -Res.
3* Camilla #2: +Spd, -Def.
4* L'Arachel #5: +Res, -Def.
4* Odin #3: +Res, -Def.
4* Serra #5: +Def, -HP.
3* Silas: +Atk, -Res.
3* Azama #2: +Spd, -Def.
4* Fir #2: +Res, -HP.
4* Oboro #2: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Seth: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Valbar #3: +Def, -Spd.
5* merchant Anna #2: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Ilyana #2: +Spd, -HP.
3* Kagero #2: +Def, -Spd.
4* Marth #2: +Res, -Spd.
4* Olivia #4: +HP, -Atk.
Book 5 debut banner
4* Abel #3: +HP, -Spd.
4* Abel #4: +Res, -Def.
4* Echidna #4: +HP, -Atk.
4* Selena #4: +Def, -Res.
3* Valbar #4: +Def, -Spd.
4* Bantu: +HP, -Atk.
4* Lachesis: +Def, -HP.
3* Raven: +HP, -Def.
3* Roy: neutral.
4* Soren: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Beruka: +Spd, -Res.
3* Cordelia: neutral.
3* Donnel: +Spd, -Def.
4* Legault: +Atk, -Res.
3* Virion: +HP, -Res.
3* Bantu: +HP, -Spd.
4* F!Corrin: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Hinata: +Res, -Atk.
4* Shanna: +Spd, -Res.
4* Titania: +Def, -Spd.
4* Jakob: +HP, -Def.
4* Kaze #: +Spd, -Res.
4* Kaze #: +Res, -Atk.
4* L'Arachel: +HP, -Res.
4* Raigh: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Forrest: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Lon'qu: +Def, -Res.
4* Matthew: +Spd, -Res.
4* Saizo: +Atk, -Res.
4* Seteth: +Atk, -Def. First Seteth.
5* Duessel: +Atk, -HP.
4* Odin: +Atk, -Spd.
3* Silvia: +Atk, -Res.
3* Sophia: +Res, -Def.
3* Sully: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Brady: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Catria: +Spd, -Def.
5* Melady: +Spd, -Res. You're not even on this banner. Also, hilariously enough, same asset and flaw as the Altena I'm using. Same voice; same asset and flaw.
3* Mustafa: +Atk, -HP.
3* Roy: +Atk, -Res.
From the winter banner.
4* Clair: +Atk, -Spd.
3* M!Corrin: +Def, -HP.
4* Palla: +Res, -Atk.
3* Reyson: +Res, -Def.
3* Wrys: +HP, -Atk.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Next, game stuff. Sephiroth is our newcomer for SmUsh. Surprising, but personally disappointing. I get why since Cloud, Sephiroth, and Final Fantasy VII are iconic -- arguably the most iconic of the Final Fantasy series. There's also the remake which reminds me of Noctis joining Tekken 7 as at the time Final Fantasy XV was the FF game to play and Tekken 7 is more popular than SoulCalibur where Noctis probably would have made more sense in. For me, I wished someone else from a different Final Fantasy game was in over Sephiroth despite his merits, in particular, he's our first and only katana, eastern swordsmanship representative. Terra Branford would have been my pick and if not her, Cecil Harvey, Gilgamesh, Kain Highwind, Kefka, or Zidane. Maybe someone from FFVIII, FFX, FFXII, or whatever, but you get the point. Yes, Cloud and Sephiroth represent Final Fantasy as a whole, but it would have been nice if the two FF representatives were from different FF games. Or we could even go for a Bravely Default character for another, different Square Enix representative.
Glad to see that most of my FF friends have the same feeling that I did. :p We have 14 other mainline games, could we acknowledge one of them instead of focusing more on 7 pls. Or Bravely, I think I've made it obvious that a Bravely character is one of my most wanted additions (even though I'm not expecting to see it). Although Sephi is still very cool and I'm glad to see him, it's just a personal preference.

And ~ SPEAKING OF BRAVELY ~

Default II's final demo! It definitely fixed a lot of my problems with the first demo, but not quite all of them? Menus are much much better to both read and navigate, both the ones in and out of battle. The main menu also feels more... stylized I guess? Opening the journal for example goes to a screen where you can see pages form Elvis' journal scattered around. The options menu has a book in the background where your save files are stores (and each save is a different bookmark). Cute touches like that. Also you can just press X to heal your entire party instantly, instead of having to go to magic and casting Cure on everyone individually, or go to items and shove a bunch of potions down everyone's throats. Very nice.
But uhh... I'm still not feeling this soundtrack. They changed the asterisk boss theme from the last demo and while I wasn't a fan of that one either, I'd prefer it over whatever we have now. There's also a rare monster battle theme and gorl what is even going on there.
Also poison is busted??? I got it to stick onto both bosses on my first try, it does like 5% of their total health per turn, and it never goes away. What even is this. I'm serious, is this a bug? It feels way too potent.
There's a cute card game that I'm still sorta getting used to, but it feels much better as a side-game than Second's Chompcraft.
Speaking of spoilers, I watched Proton Jon's game completion streams of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Incidentally, it led to me finding out that the game is still being expanded on with the recent Bloodless mode update bringing the game to three playable characters among other modes and challenges in the game. That definitely pushed me to wanting to play the game. It still has some issues and you could argue that the game has dated mechanics and concepts or is predictable, but you can definitely see the love that went into Bloodstained and the desire from Igarashi Koji and his team of wanting to make more Metroidvanias. That's cool.
Ooo yeah I've been looking into getting this game recently. I've played through every Metroid game (excluding the original 2 because I just played their remakes, but w.e. that's still basically every game), but I haven't played a single Metroidvania outside of the Metroid series. Should probably change that.
Also I think I remember hearing that they added a randomizer mode? That alone is an instant sell for me.

Top Bottom