• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Friendly reminder that Anne is the only character Katarina explicitly refuses to ever let leave her side.
Good point.

Also, I've decided to get Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart. And holy crap, it is FUN. I've played a decent amount of Race and Battle Tracks and they feel really good. They're fun, and great to explore around.

I currently use Sakura from Sakura Wars as my main character in SRB2K. If not, and depending on the server I go to to play online, I may swap my character. But other than that, yeah the game is really fun and enjoyable. It does take some getting use to, but it is still one hell of a ride.

Guess I can now go on and talk about Xenoblade since I've done a bunch of progress, which I will leave in a spoiler.

I'm now on the Fallen Arm and I have recruited Seven to my party. I'm considering making her my Tank, since I'm making Reyn be my Warrior. And before I go to one of my favourite areas in the whole game, Mechonis Field. I'll be going to make some preparations and do a bunch of side quests for the Machina and see if I can get any more Side Quests done in say Frontier Village, Colony 6 and Colony 9.

1592385556515.png

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

In hindsight, after Pokken Tournament, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu, and the Live-action movie, I really should have expected this. Of special interest is that, like with a lot of games it seems, they handed it off to Bandai Namco to actually make it. Interesting that the pokemon seem closer to Pokemon Let's Go than Pokken Tournament given that fact, imo.

Oh, there was also some stupid update for S&S, but who cares about that when there are hula dancing Bellossoms to photograph?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I still haven't bought Xenoblade yet. I still need to finish FF12, then I have Trials of Mana or w/e dat good Seikendenblahblah 3 remake is called.

EODM07 EODM07 did they rebalance anything? Sharla was my absolute favorite, which is why I love Ana from Overwatch. However her Special Arts or whatever the middle one's called was so stupidly unfair. Everyone gets an ability or something useful but hers is "forced cooldown but if YOU activate it earlier the cooldown is shorter! so good!!!"

wtf no, just let me shoot stuff gtfo of here with that dumb boring mess

btw evasion is, or was, dummy OP. So you can make everyone an eva tank. And Melia had the EZtopple kit with stat boosting abuse. Y'know. Because that's fair. Meanwhile Sharla got hit with the Zelda-stick. Heehee hoohoo iz veri fun but iz garabaj~~~

In hindsight, after Pokken Tournament, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu, and the Live-action movie, I really should have expected this. Of special interest is that, like with a lot of games it seems, they handed it off to Bandai Namco to actually make it. Interesting that the pokemon seem closer to Pokemon Let's Go than Pokken Tournament given that fact, imo.

Oh, there was also some stupid update for S&S, but who cares about that when there are hula dancing Bellossoms to photograph?
Probably because Pokemon Snap appeals to a more casual side of the fandom, as does Pokemon Go. Pokemon Go has better Pokemon models too. So it only makes sense to go the easy route and reuse them.

Also that crappy update includes a cute baby boi so it's a perfectly fine update. But, uh, no new Galarian forms as far as I could tell? Except Galarian Form Legendaries but nobody really cares about those. Samuspoke/Megapoke is great tho. If the next update doesn't include new bois/gorls then I ain't buyin' the DLC.

btw I was too harsh on Cress! Cress! 's life choices for picking the evil math. Apparently math that doesn't use fingers to count is needed to make dem good fancy clothes that fit good???

So Math has at least 1 important use. :secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay so I haven't mentioned it here, but I made a fun side account on Twitter to post space trivia and stuff. Kaito themed ofc.
Anyways, one of my tweets got found by some japanese news account????
I have no idea how they found this. This account has effectively 3 followers (5 total, but 1 of them is my main, and 2 more are the same person). This is just... wha. Also this tweet has the most likes in the whole thread heck yeah
btw I was too harsh on Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! 's life choices for picking the evil math. Apparently math that doesn't use fingers to count is needed to make dem good fancy clothes that fit good???

So Math has at least 1 important use. :secretkpop:
Nope this is a lie. I'm tiny and clothes shopping is painful because nothing fits me.
This isn't a joke, I usually have to go into the kid's section to find clothes that fit me, and ur not finding anything good there so why bother. I needed to buy a suit a while back, and I had to leave the store because they didn't have anything that fit me. I'm in my 20's and I still fit clothes I've had since elementary school. help.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So, what're all of your thoughts on the Isle of Armour DLC?

And your predictions on who will be the ARMS rep for Smash, since they're going to reveal them this coming Monday.

I still haven't bought Xenoblade yet. I still need to finish FF12, then I have Trials of Mana or w/e dat good Seikendenblahblah 3 remake is called.

EODM07 EODM07 did they rebalance anything? Sharla was my absolute favorite. However her Special Arts or whatever the middle one's called was so stupidly unfair. Everyone gets an ability or something useful but hers is "forced cooldown but if YOU activate it earlier the cooldown is shorter! so good!!!"

wtf no, just let me shoot stuff gtfo of here with that dumb boring mess

btw evasion is, or was, dummy OP. So you can make everyone an eva tank. And Melia had the EZtopple kit with stat boosting abuse. Y'know. Because that's fair. Meanwhile Sharla got hit with the Zelda-stick. Heehee hoohoo iz veri fun but iz garabaj~~~
I honestly have no idea, I'm just continuing on with my playthrough of the main game once again. I do have all of the Quests in Alcamoth done, got up to 4 Stars in Colony 9 and Frontier Village. But I am still trying to get everything available.

Stuck on 3 Stars in Colony 6 and I just started on
Fallen Arm's Side Quests and recruited Seven.
Right now, I plan on trying to do all of the available Side Quests in the current area and then progress the plot some more.

I also returned to Mystery Dungeon DX, since I need to do that some more. I'll go and recruit Zapdos first before I proceed onwards, since I have Swampert and Typhlosion available. :yeahboi:

And a question for Buddhahobo Buddhahobo , how strong are Witchcrafters in YGO? Because they added them to Duel Links. They also added Speedroids too and Battle Wasp I think it's called?

1592648384898.png

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
And your predictions on who will be the ARMS rep for Smash, since they're going to reveal them this coming Monday.
Just realized I never posted my thoughts on this here. I thought I did back in March but I can't find it, huh. Anyways as the 1 guy here who actually played a lot of ARMS, this is what I'm expecting.
  1. MAX BRASS IS BEING SLEPT ON, SERIOUSLY. He sorta became the game's real protagonist by the end of the updates. He one of the 2 characters central to the game's small chunk of plot, but hey that's something. As a character, he'd be another heavyweight which Smash could use more of. Well he'd be a heavyweight with a ton of disjointed range and he is actually pretty fast so it might not be balanced but do it anyways idc. Anyways he has Spring Man's reflect gimmick so you could see him as a bit of a parallel to the poster child (which that's Spring Man's only relevance btw, he really doesn't do anything in terms of the game's plot). He also has Spring Man's other trait, being that his attacks become permanently charged once he goes below 25% of his health. Except Brass also gets a boost to most of his stats as well. Max Brass also makes himself thiccer so this is better. In Smash, maybe it'd be something like when you hit either 75% or 100% you get the bonus. He'd work really well, and he's a more notable character in the game as well. I really think he's the most likely.
  2. Ribbon Gorl. The other poster child, and her movement with her 5 jumps and fastfall would work really well in Smash, given the more vertical nature of the game. She seems like the safest pick, but also a really reasonable pick. The only thing that makes me hesitant is that she's almost too safe of a pick? 5 jumps is something several other characters already have, and fastfalling is already a thing in the game. She might not be new and unique enough... Still putting her at second most likely.
  3. Dr. Coyle. Max Brass became the real protagonist after all of the updates, while Coyle became the real antagonist. I said that Brass was one of the 2 central characters to the game, well this is the other one. In terms of gimmicks, this gorl is loaded. Let's see, uhhhhhhh charging lets her grow a third arm to attack with. She has Peach's float, except that she can float forever. Granted, floating replaces her jump, so maybe this would be the first character to not have a second jump? The first jump would put her into the air and that's as vertical as she could get, and that's the payoff for having an infinite float. Blocking also turns her invisible for a second or 2. Not an entirely helpful gimmick but it exists I guess (tbf I could see it being more useful in Smash than it is in ARMS). Pretty much she has the opposite problem of Ribbon Gorl, Coyle has so much going on and I'm not sure if you could add all of these aspects of her into Smash, and also make them work well without being too over/underpowered.
Min Min seems to be brought up a lot but she just doesn't seem likely. In ARMS she's just another character, she doesn't have much relevance. For gameplay, her kicks are a thing but I don't think it's an interesting enough trait to choose her as the character. She also has her dragon arm, but that only really works well in a 3D game like ARMS where you have to consider what's to your sides. In 2D Smash, it would have to be watered down in some way. The other thing is that Sakurai said something along the lines of that character popularity isn't the only thing considered when making new characters. What unique traits the character is able to bring is also considered. Min Min has popularity, but that's it.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I don't usually like making predictions, but I think I'll guess Spring Man. Considering he's currently an Assist Trophy, there'd still be an element of surprise if it was him.

My preferred character is Twintelle though.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
And a question for Buddhahobo Buddhahobo Buddhahobo Buddhahobo , how strong are Witchcrafters in YGO? Because they added them to Duel Links. They also added Speedroids too and Battle Wasp I think it's called?
No idea, you're talking about some archetypes that came out way after I stopped playing the TGC.

Min Min seems to be brought up a lot but she just doesn't seem likely
But how else am I going to beat up a bunch of middle-aged Italians with fistfuls of spaghetti if I can't play as Min Min??

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
But how else am I going to beat up a bunch of middle-aged Italians with fistfuls of spaghetti if I can't play as Min Min??
Why do you need a game to do that? Do that irl. Live out your dreams. Turn that pasta into pain-sta that was bad

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Hi all, I don’t really post here anymore because I don’t really follow Smash but I saw a familiar name when I was browsing Wikipedia this morning:
A93C0C1D-62A9-451D-82C2-479FFB707874.jpeg

WHAT

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is actually a nice song and I forgot how it got into my Liked Videos but it's going on the B•GAL:

Anyway in FF12 I'm grinding for the Staff of Magi so I can turn Fran into a proper murderer with Blizzaga spam. I sorta sequence skipped and got into the Lhussu Mines to get all the good stuff before that Samurai Dork shows up to block the way. But alas, still no top tier staves to be found in there. idk what's the fastest way to get it. So I'm just killing the 6 Oversouls in Nabudis and hoping that 1% drop rate rescues me from my need to turn Fran into the strongest kween despite the game being very easy as it is now.

As for why I'm doing that nonsense, it's because I ignored Fran in the original FF12. I had the non-balanced original version so she was utter garbage and I used to think she was just an over-sexualized bunny heaux. But now that I'm a mature adult I can appreciate how much of a battle kween she is. Now to make up for my RUDE AND EVIL CRIMES I will use her as the lead of the party. Along with Basche and Vaan since it's 1 character each from the 3 duos. Basically Battle Mage Kween and her 2 baby bois. I'd like to use Ashe instead of Basche but apparently her weapon times are awful AND she's frail so having her as my tank is a no-no. Having Vaan as my tank feels wrong because he looks like he should be a ninja/dagger boi so ye.

I don't usually like making predictions, but I think I'll guess Spring Man. Considering he's currently an Assist Trophy, there'd still be an element of surprise if it was him.

My preferred character is Twintelle though.
Twintelle is easily the coolest choice because she'd literally be fighting with her hair. She is also the only Sass Kween in ARMS so ya pls. Given the dude-heavy DLC, we could really use a kween like her to spice things up.

tbh I just want someone who fights directly with their hair, like a better version of Bayonetta. It'd be hilarious for some kween to snatch some heauxes' wigs with ha own hair. Shantae would also be acceptable but we know she's not getting in RIP.

I did a thing
Great video sis! :secretkpop:

It really demonstrates why we need to...
Ban Zeldaz.png

Nope this is a lie. I'm tiny and clothes shopping is painful because nothing fits me.
This isn't a joke, I usually have to go into the kid's section to find clothes that fit me, and ur not finding anything good there so why bother. I needed to buy a suit a while back, and I had to leave the store because they didn't have anything that fit me. I'm in my 20's and I still fit clothes I've had since elementary school. help.
become a buff baby boi

then you can wear 2 to 4 different clothing sizes comfortably

the entire clothes store will be your home

pros: clothes are ez 2 find except pants, stronk means less trips for bringing things in, stronk means you can protecc your WFT Pillow from intruders, etc.

cons: if you get lazy your muscles break down and essentially turn to almost-fat if you are an endomorph haha OOPS the human body is 2perfect2understand right???

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin This popped on my youtube recs after I watched that video you linked.

But sis... What does it mean?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hi all, I don’t really post here anymore because I don’t really follow Smash but I saw a familiar name when I was browsing Wikipedia this morning:View attachment 275491

WHAT
Yeah, I don't play Smash as much now. I more or less play BBTAG still, dabbling a bit into Skullgirls too, and I have also been starting to play SRB2K, which is a mod of a mod of DOOM.

As for stuff BBTAG wise, I've been doing this kind of stuff.

I'm planning on getting a clip where that red rat, Ruby Rose gets slain like the trash tier waifu she is. :V

I know Nammy12 Nammy12 also plays BBTAG as well, but I haven't seen him much. Last time I spoke with him was when I did some wack stuff with Susanoo/Adachi in the corner. Where Susanoo managed to corner steal during a Cross Combo. So that was :nifty:, but I am still planning on further adapting my Susanoo/Gordeau team. Since they have some nasty stuff. Easy sandwich setups and they also have an unblockable setup too during a sandwich. However, I never seem to use those in a match, so I'm going to force myself into using them.

Now onto Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart.

PLAY IT.

1592814697028.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You are now legally obligated to purchase a Min Min amiibo and name her Pain-sta.
Min Min is cute so I'm OK with that.

Looks like she'll be a Belmont with more W•H•I•P action and less projectile spam.

However Min Min is still going to Heaux Hell for robbing Twintelle. Min Min will only be released if Shantae or a Sass Kween gets in. I didn't make the rules, but I'm sure Sakurai knew of them.

So we can blame him. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I know I've put up my ideas of what if Ragna made it into Smash. But I feel like I can further update my ideas on him. So yay, more pointless time put into it! :yeahboi:

Note that these will be using Ragna's moves from Centralfiction.
Just like in Blazblue, Ragna's gimmick would be that he can steal health to heal himself. However, to compensate for this, the health steal will be minimum. He would also have his Heat Gauge as well which would have a max of 100, it builds up when Ragna takes or gives damage.
Jab Combo - It would be a standard 1-2-3 combo. But it'll use 5A > 5B > 6B
Forward Tilt - This would be Ragna's 5C
Down Tilt - Would be Ragna's 3C
Up Tilt - Ragna's 6A
Forward Smash - Ragna's 5D
Down Smash - Ragna's 2D
Up Smash - Ragna's 6D
Neutral Air - Ragna's j.B, or would be called the sex kick by the Smash community.
Forward Air - Ragna's j.C
Down Air - Ragna's j.214C, aka. Nightmare Edge. Would drag the opponent down.
Up Air - Ragna's j.D
Back Air - Because doesn't have one, his would probably be a backwards roundhouse kick.
Grab - Ragna would reach out to the opponent and grab them. If he misses he'll say "W-What!?"
Pummel - Ragna kicks his opponent with his knee.
Forward Throw - This would be Ragna's 22C.
Down Throw - Ragna slams his opponent to the ground, causing them to bounce.
Up Throw - Ragna uppercuts his opponent upwards.
Back Throw - This would be Ragna's 4BC, where he drags them behind him and throws them upwards at a 45 degree angle.
Front Get-up - Ragna swings his sword in front of him then back.
Down Get-up - Ragna does a sweeping roundhouse kick as he slowly gets up.
Ledge Get-up - Ragna swings his sword as he climbs up from a ledge.
Ragna will have two different specials, similar to Ryu, Ken and Terry. One without the input, and one with the input.
Neutral B - Dead Spike, sends a grounded projectile along the floor, it doesn't travel very far, but if it does hit, Ragna can steal some health back, about 0.3%
Enhanced Neutral B - Dead Spike. If you input 236A/B, Ragna's Dead Spike will travel farther and steal 0.4% health. However, he can Dash Cancel this version by double tapping the control stick left or right.
Side B - Hell's Fang. Ragna launches himself forward with his arm out. If it connects, you can press A or B again to do an additional attack which steals 0.5% of health.
Enhanced Side B - Hell's Fang. If you input 214A you will get farther distance traveled, you must input 214A again afterwards to get the additional attack. Ragna will steal 0.6% health if he does this.
Down B - Blood Scythe. Ragna leaps forward, swinging his Azure Grimoire a full 270 degrees. Can be done in the Air. This steals 0.6%.
Enhanced Down B - Blood Scythe. If you input 214B, you will get Blood Scythe. It travels farther and steals 0.7%.
Up B - Ragna's Inferno Divider. Depending on which button you press after this connects, give you different actions. A/B gives you Upper. After Upper, if you press A, you get Straight Punch which launches the opponent around 60 - 70 degrees horizontally, if you press B after Upper, you get Ax Kick which spikes the opponent. Inferno Divider steals 0.2% of health. Ax Kick steals 0.3%.
Enhanced Up B - Ragna's Inferno Divider with the input, 623A/B which sends Ragna higher up. After the first input, you must input 236A/B for Upper, 236A/B for Straight Punch or 214A/B for Ax Kick. Enhanced Divider steals 0.3%, Ax Kick steals 0.4%.
Carnage Scissors - Just like Terry's Buster Wolf. This is a unique Super. You can input this by doing 632146A/B, or the more simpler motion would Forward, Down, Back, Forward + A/B. This uses 50% of Ragna's Heat bar. But when it hits, Ragna will steal 3% of health. It will also have high knockback.
Devoured by Darkness - Ragna's Command Grab Super. This can simply be input by doing 214214A/B. The simpler version would be Down, Back, Down, Back + A/B. This also uses 50% of Ragna's Heat bar. This steals 2% of health.
Rapid Cancel - Ragna can also use the Heat Gauge outside of Distortions. For 25% of meter, he can do what is called a Rapid Cancel, which allows Ragna to cancel any move he wants into another except Distortions. As long as the move hits, you can press A+B to Rapid Cancel out of a move.
Counter Assault - For 50% of his Heat Gauge, if Ragna presses Forward + A+B while in Shield. Ragna will knock the opponent off of him, doing 0% of damage on them.
Ragna's Final Smash will be Black Onslaught. If it connects, it will cut to a cinematic of Ragna slashing at his opponent with his Azure Grimoire. The final hit will launch the opponent a decent distance, however if they're over 100%, it will instantly KO them.
Intro - Ragna is teleported in via Kokonoe or Rachel.
Idle #1 - Ragna rubs the back of his own neck.
Idle #2 - Ragna holds his wrist as his Blazblue glows.
Up Taunt - Ragna rubs the back of his neck and sorts out his collar while saying "You scared?"
Side Taunt - Ragna puts his palm to his face and lets out a sigh before saying "What a waste of time."
Down Taunt - Ragna does his Overdrive animation when activating it, he will yell "IDEA Engine, engage!"
The victory fanfare from BBCF will play when Ragna wins.
Victory #1 - Ragna slams his sword into the ground lifts the handle up. He looks at the camera while saying "See who you're dealing with now?"
Victory #2 - Ragna holds his left hand, before turning away from the camera and swiping his hand away, some black wings appear briefly before disappearing.
Victory #3 - Ragna peforms his intro animation from Blazblue while saying "This is the power of the Azure!"
#1 - Ragna's default colour of red and black clothes with white hair.
#2 - Ragna gets blonde hair and his outfit changes to blue and black. This is a reference to both Jin Kisaragi and Noel Vermillion.
#3 - Ragna gets brown hair and his outfit changes to dark green and grey. This is a reference to Bang Shishigami.
#4 - Ragna's skin becomes darker, his hair becomes a dirt blonde and his outfit changes to cream and yellow. This is a reference to Taokaka.
#5 - Ragna's hair becomes blonde and his outfit becomes black and red. This is a reference to Rachel Alucard.
#6 - Ragna's hair becomes white and his outfit becomes white and black. This is a reference to Hakumen.
#7 - Ragna's hair and outfit become black and green. This is a reference to Takehaya Susano'o.
#8 - Ragna's hair becomes brown and his outfit becomes white, black and dark red. This is a reference to Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear.

Just had a thought on what his stage would be too and what music would be added to it too. So I guess I can work on that. :yeahboi:

Ragna's DLC stage would be Adventus. A stage with no walls and a small pillar balancing the platform it is based on.
1593513945141.png
While it would seem a normal stage, there would be about 5 characters that can appear that will intefere with the battle and act as stage hazards. Just like with Gray Fox and Metal Face, they'll have unique dialog if a certain character is on the stage with them. Here are the characters:
Nu-13 - A robot that is madly in love with Ragna, so much that she would even kill him. She would use her Drive: Sword Summoner to attack her opponents at range. She'll then finish off with Calamity Sword. She was also the antagonist of Calamity Trigger and final boss of Arcade Mode.
w/Ragna:
"Ragnaaaa!"
"If anyone gets in Nu and Ragna's way. I'll destroy you."
"We'll be together forever Ragna! ♥"
"Nu will wait for you Ragna~!"

wo/Ragna:
"Murakumo Unit, activated."
"Target identified as a threat."
"Eliminating target."
"Combat mode disengaged... Ragna..."
Takehaya Susano'o - The main antagonist in Centralfiction, a fusion of Hakumen and Yuuki Terumi. He is a ruthless God who only wants destruction and chaos. He'll attack with many moves such as Sundering Claws, Dancing Dual Kick, Blade of Judgement and Collapsing Resentment.
w/Ragna:
"You are in God's domain Ragna!"
"You will know my might Grim Reaper!"
"Let chaos reign, pathetic being!"
"You will live for another day Ragna..."

wo/Ragna:
"Face my absolute power!"
"You dare challenge a God!"
"You pathetic fool!"
"Begone, filth."
Hazama - Vessel of Yuuki Terumi's soul. Was the antagonist of Continnum Shift and the final boss in Arcade Mode. He will use his chains and snakes to harrass the opponent from afar with moves such as Rising Fang, his Drives and Serpent's Infernal Rapture.
w/Ragna:
"Hey Raggy!"
"Don't mind me, nothing personnel."
"Let's have some fun Raggy!"
"Well now, it's all yours Raggy."

wo/Ragna:
"Do I have to do this?"
"Who's hungry~!?"
"Playtime is over, y'know."
"You do know I am a public official, right?"
Hakumen - So called Hero of Justice. He is on the hunt for Ragna as he is according to him, a villain. He makes use of his long range and counters to deny his opponent of anything.
w/Ragna:
"You're the very essence of evil!"
"My blade will cut you down!"
"This is the end!"
"You will meet the end of my blade!"

wo/Ragna:
"I am Hakumen, the end has come!"
"Back down!"
"This is my resolve!"
"Justice has prevailed."
Naoto Kurogane - A high school boy from another world who has similar powers to Ragna and has the Hunter's Eye, which allows him to see the life-force of beings in numerical values. He seems to have a hot headed rivalry with Ragna.
w/Ragna:
"HEY! White-haired idiot!"
"Let's get this done, right now!"
"Look at all these numbers!"
"After this fight, we'll settle this once and for all!"

wo/Ragna:
"Let's do this!"
"You shouldn't have gotten in my way!"
"Sorry about this!"
"Phew, that was tough."

So yeah, that's what I could come up with.

1592913278133.png

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
You are now legally obligated to purchase a Min Min amiibo and name her Pain-sta.
Sure, I'll try to remember that when her amiibo comes out in 2027 :secretkpop:

Also going back to Pirate Warriors 4 since I haven't brought it up in a while, the first DLC pack has been announced. All 3 of them are new characters, none of which were in the datamine. Smoothie, Cracker, and Judge. So that makes me wonder what the datamined characters were for. Maybe they were going to be in the game, but got cut due to time? Maybe they'll be a separate DLC pack apart from the main 9? Who knows.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
One of the gacha games I play on my Switch FINALLY updated after many months. So I got a chance to play through the current banner.

Which is nothing but Co-Op Quests, but they at least give us a lot of chances to get the Event SRs. From what I heard, the newest SRs are from 17Live or something. Never heard of them, but they at least let us get them multiple times without the worry of tearing our hair out from pulling them from the banner. :yeahboi:

So not bad CyberStep. Not bad at all.

As for who they added. One named Mami Katagiri, Kanon Sakurazuki and Chiroru Tsukinoki. I know about Hololive and a bit of HimeHina, not so much about this other VTuber group, I forgot the name of it. But a family of four is part of it. Kinda surprised they haven't added Korone Inugami to DotB yet. :V

Also, my Switch has been overheating in the Dock. So we got myself a radiator for it, simply put it over the vent at the top of the Switch in the dock, plug it into the USB slot and then turn on the fan. It works so far, what it does is there's a fan inside of the radiator, and you can adjust how fast you want it to go, just to help ventilate. Just to make sure it lasts long, I'll be keeping its packaging and putting it back in so dust can't get in. Played a bit of Xenoblade DE and made some small progress, and I returned to BBTAG for a bit. I still need to do sandwich setups with Susanoo/Gordeau because I am not even trying to at this point. I could also do sandwich setups with Celica/Adachi too. Which is something I should probably do with them too.

I also know that Susanoo/Gordeau have an unblockable setup too during a sandwich. 236B>AS>IAD Back j.B. Since Susanoo's 236B multihits low, Gordeau can instant airdash back and do an Instant Overhead with j.B, allowing him to combo afterwards. It is definitely something I need to be doing more of.

And now onto SRB2K stuff. It is still fun, but hella chaotic. One race someone bumped me into an Eggman Bomb, so I dropped to I think 7th Place. And I even managed to outrun an SPB (Self-Propelled Bomb), think of it like the Blue Shell in Mario Kart, except you can outrun it if you race perfectly. And if anyone is curious who is in the base game, I shall leave a spoiler. :yeahboi:

Character | Speed | Weight
Sonic The Hedgehog | Speed 8 | Weight 2
Miles "Tails" Prower | Speed 2 | Weight 2
Knuckles The Echidna | Speed 5 | Weight 5
Dr. Eggman | Speed 2 | Weight 8
Metal Sonic | Speed 8 | Weight 8

Character | Speed | Weight
Flicky | Speed 9 | Weight 1
Motobug | Speed 1 | Weight 5
Amy Rose | Speed 5 | Weight 2
Mighty The Armadillo | Speed 5 | Weight 8
Ray The Flying Squirrel | Speed 2 | Weight 5
Espio The Chameleon | Speed 6 | Weight 6
Vector The Crocodile | Speed 7 | Weight 7
Chao | Speed 1 | Weight 1
Hero Chao | Speed 2 | Weight 1
Dark Chao | Speed 1 | Weight 2
Chaos 0 | Speed 3 | Weight 9
E-102 Gamma | Speed 1 | Weight 9
E-123 Omega | Speed 9 | Weight 9
Shadow The Hedgehog | Speed 8 | Weight 5
Rouge The Bat | Speed 5 | Weight 3
Cream The Rabbit | Speed 4 | Weight 1
Blaze The Cat | Speed 7 | Weight 3
Silver The Hedgehog | Speed 3 | Weight 4
Wonder Boy | Speed 4 | Weight 7
Arle | Speed 4 | Weight 3
NiGHTS | Speed 7 | Weight 4
Sakura Shinguji | Speed 5 | Weight 4
Ulala | Speed 3 | Weight 3
Beat | Speed 5 | Weight 6
Vyse | Speed 8 | Weight 7
Aiai | Speed 7 | Weight 6
Kiryu Kazuma | Speed 6 | Weight 7
Aigis | Speed 6 | Weight 4
Hatsune Miku | Speed 3 | Weight 6
Doomguy | Speed 6 | Weight 8

That's about 35 characters. And that's just scratching the surface. There's over 100 characters made for that game. So big oof. Since some of them will probably only work on certain servers. Same goes with courses too, there's over 100 of them in the base game. Some of them even have great sogns from other games, such as Air Armada from Rivals of Aether, Biggest Dreamer from Digimon Rumble Arena and Hol Horse's Theme from Heritage of the Future.

As for my favourite courses, I think they'd have to be Daytona Raceway, Virtual Highway, Honeybee Industries, Midnight Channel and Silvercloud Island. Mainly because of the music but also the designs of them too. (Funny thing, Honeybee Industries had a super shortcut which they took out in 1.2.) Also, I play Sakura Shinguji with the Blueberry colour if anyone was curious.

1593427754248.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Cress! Cress! the Wii Fancy Trainer has gotten a few buffs. Tho it's really weird, but not useless. Not sure if I fully understand.

Fair ends faster and has less landing lag? It's something.

Salute The Sass energy has more KB? Useful.

Dsmash/Usmash have less end lag? Neat for reads

How about a grab hitbox fix pls.

EODM07 EODM07 I bought a 3rd party dock that leaves most of the Switch exposed and tilted back a bit. It has a LAN port too. My Switch gets heated, but not "as hot as a laptop/overworked mobile device" type of over-heated.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's been a while. My father passed away a week after my last post, so two weeks ago. It was from a stroke he had earlier in the month. So, both my parents are dead now and within five years of each other. Lot of stuff of stuff to do and there have been times where I'm not sure what I am doing or supposed to be doing.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart looks amazing and the female lombax being playable is curious. Her hammer or maybe even an actual socket ratchet makes me wonder how her puzzles will go since Ratchet's wrench was used, well, like a wrench in addition to it being able to hold things and be tethered to objects later on with the OmniWrench Millennium 12 introduced in Quest for Booty. Hitting switches and stuff makes sense as does breaking down things, but I wonder what else she can do with it.

For Smash, Min Min was the ARMS pick and simply because the the producer Yabuki Kosuke recommended her. Mechanically, probably a good pick too with her charge mechanic and her blocking kick was incorporated as her Up Smash being able to reflect projectiles. Personally, I don't know who I would have wanted and part of that comes from having never played ARMS before. Twintelle stands out, but her ability would kind of make her like Peach and it might have been hard to make her hair attacks be sold in a way where you could tell they are attacks. Byte & Barq, Lola Pop, Max Brass, Mechanica, and maybe Helix if they could have found a way to make Helix work like that in Smash might have been good picks a well. Hope we say another ARMS character in the next Smash when that eventually happens. Hopefully ARMS 2 becomes a thing by then as well.

The 8.0.0 patch was a thing. 37 characters affected and 10 of them were related to Final Smash changes. Three characters for me and one of them is obvious. First one is Bayonetta where it seems like what I read that people say she's an actual character now. Ike on the other hand, san. feels like Nintendo might have went too far and Ike is very stupid now. And of course, Falco. Half of Falco's changes to me were things that should have been.

Dtilt did not really need to be frame 10 in Ultimate when it was frame 7 in the previous games. His Dtilt is simply a strong move with it being a fast, damaging disjoint where short range and being on a slower-moving character on the ground as its weaknesses or what grounds it. Because Falco was Fox's clone and they shared the same Dtilt in animation and roughly in range, their Dtilts are in contention. To which, they could have differentiated Fox's Dtilt more; Fox's Dtilt could be faster on startup or in recovery in return for it not being as damaging as Falco's or allow it to setup or do things that Falco's cannot. Instead, they messed with Fox's hitboxes where it had way too many hit angles in my opinion in Brawl which carried over into Smash 4 at 45, 65, 80, and 90 degrees. Ultimate was better with this by tightening the hit angles to 77, 75, and 72 degrees which is closer to Melee Fox's 70, 80, and 90 degree hit angles.

Anyway, now Dtilt is 8 frames on startup, so a frame slower than, but more or less the same as it was in the previous games. Great, that is what it should have been. Yeah, so they changed its hit angle for the first time in the series and this stupid thing now looks like it has an 80 to 85 hit angle. It's great for Falco and he can now fish for something other than Utilt more easily, but I don't think it was really necessary. It's not to the degree of unnecessary and what the hell were you all thinking as its disjoint in Smash 4 making it have about the same range as a sword user's Dtilt, but now it's this frame 8, 20 recovery frames, still a disjoint as it uses his tail, mainly vertical move that can probably kill even better now with its even more vertical hit angle if not lead to other moves which people already figured out. Meanwhile, Smush Zelda's Dtilt.

Up Smash connects better. This is kind of a it should have connected better in the first place thing, but it is a different move in animation than in Smash 4, so there probably would have been issues to begin with. Sort of connects better. There was a video someone had of it still? not reliably working on Captain Falcon when Capt.'s on a Battlefield platform and Falco is underneath it. The second kick has two more active frames which puts it back to its Smash 4 total active frames of 6 for the first kick and 8 for the second kick. And it has higher knockback, base or growth, which is a bonus.

Nair's last hit is two frames faster on startup at frame 17 instead of 19. Sure, I guess. Its total frames was reduced by two as well from 48 to 46 probably because of the last hit's change.

Dair and Falco Phantasm I want to say became like their Brawl selves. Dair's total frames was reduced to 43 from 51 which gives it 20 recovery frames from 28. That's 2 frames faster on recovery than Smash 4. Landing lag was reduced from 14 to 12, the same as Brawl's landing lag and Ultimate Luigi's because why not.

Falco Phantasm on the ground had its startup reduced to frame 13. This makes it the fastest it has ever been beating Brawl's frame 17 startup if that was noted down correctly from the source I used in the past. It is also the first time Falco, Fox, or Wolf I believe have had a difference in their grounded and aerial startup for their Side Special. The active frames on the ground and in the air was also increased by 3 as well which makes it hit more during its travel. Falco Phantasm's hit and travel ratio was already good enough in Ultimate compared to in Smash 4 where it didn't hit during the latter half of its travel. It wasn't complete like in Melee or Brawl, but it is closer now. On the ground, the total frames were reduced to 50, the same as in Brawl, from 55. In the air, its total frames remain the same at 66.

This really makes Fox Illusion look crappy and nerfed too hard from Smash 4 to Ultimate. Falco Phantasm always had faster startup compared to Fox Illusion which I think until Ultimate had 21 frames of startup. In terms of movement speed, I think similar, but Brawl Falco Phantasm was faster for whatever reason the developers decided it should have been. Smash 4 had it where Falco Phantasm's hit range was worse than Fox Illusion which covered its entire travel so that was kind of an okay trade off of Falco Phantasm is faster, does more damage, and can spike airborne targets, but is "riskier" with it not hitting throughout all of its travel unlike Fox Illusion. At launch for Ultimate, neither move can pass through shields, but whereas Falco Phantasm kept its startup speed and regained more of its hit range, Fox Illusion had its startup increased to 25 in return for regaining its damage from Melee and adjusted knockback values. Wolf returned and since Brawl, Wolf Flash's shtick was that it can be used as a vertical recovery instead of a horizontal one, but it hits much harder and can spike if you sweetspot it. It startup was frame 19, so about the same speed as Falco Phantasm. And now, we have Falco Phantasm with 13 frames of startup on the ground. Can Fox Illusion go back to its 21 frame startup?

FEH. Not much to say here for me. Didn't get anyone from the summer banner, Muspell Minerva looks cool, still waiting for Marisa to be on a weapon update, still annoyed at Echidna not showing up a lot, Heath became a 5* to beat abyssal Ryoma's limited hero battle, and maybe I'll build a Cormag.

First two were from Midpoint IV and was pleasantly surprised to see Ishtar show up, next two were from the summer banner where at least I got another Altena and Echidna for merges, and the last two were from legendary Seliph's banner. Got another F!Grima instead.
4* Abel: +Atk, -HP.
3* Fir: +Res, -Atk.
5* Ishtar: neutral.
4* Lon'qu: +Def, -Atk.
3* Palla: +Def, -Res.
3* Jakob: +Atk, -HP.
4* Jagen: +HP, -Def.
4* Raigh: +Def, -Spd.
3* Seliph: +HP, -Atk.
4* Sully: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Bartre: +Def, -Atk.
4* Legault: +Res, -Def.
3* Olivia: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Oscar: neutral.
4* Virion: +Res, -HP.
4* Altena: +Spd, -HP. I ended up making this her base over +HP. +HP helps with overall bulk and she can do Panic Ploy or avoid HP checks better, but +Spd could, especially with Goad Fliers buffs, help her naturally double slow enemies she couldn't normally. Would have preferred +Def or even +Res as the first copy for defense over +HP.
4* Echidna: +HP, -Spd. She's +5 now. Halfway there.
4* Henry: +Res, -Def.
4* Oboro: +HP, -Atk.
4* Reinhardt: +Atk, -Spd.
3* Chad: +Atk, -HP.
5* F!Grima: +Atk, -Def.
3* Nanna: +Res, -Spd.
4* Saizo #1: +Res, -Def.
4* adult Tiki: +Spd, -Def.
4* Ares: +HP, -Def.
3* Camilla: +Res, -HP.
3* Cherche: +Res, -Def.
3* Saizo #2: +Spd, -Res.
4* Tanya: +Spd, -Res.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So. Overall thoughts on 8.0.0?

Also, I feel like I've stopped playing ACNH altogether now. It had a good run for me, but I've kind of stopped with the daily routines. Oh well, means I get to spend more time into Xenoblade DE, Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart, BBTAG and DotB. :yeahboi:

EODM07 EODM07 I bought a 3rd party dock that leaves most of the Switch exposed and tilted back a bit. It has a LAN port too. My Switch gets heated, but not "as hot as a laptop/overworked mobile device" type of over-heated.
This was what I got for my Switch.

1593600554548.png

And so far, it has been very helpful. Allowed me to continue playing it especially Xenoblade DE, because I've had it overheat during Xenoblade. Which means I can go onto that on the progress I've made... But I don't want to spoil anything.

I was gonna ask how Cress! has been doing on BBTAG, but then I remember "He did play the demo and still has room to improve. Then again, he probably stopped playing it. Oof."

Speaking of BBTAG, thanks to one of the top players of BBCF and one of the best Celica players. I've learned how to get a better unblockable setup with Celica/Adachi. I'm thinking of doing IAD into 5P>5A>214BD>2A. Just to see how that fairs. If that don't work, I'll just use Adachi's 4P instead. Because I know that off an unblockable, they can reach 12.5k if they use all 5 bars. Similar to that one combo I post previously, the 14k combo.

I might as well update my signature since I will stan SRB2K. :V

Edit: Speaking of, this happened last night (You better let this load Smashboards. :V)

1593601047910.png

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
OH MY HOW I’VE MISSED ALL OF YOU! Also, oh my, how the Zelda Social has fallen, only 100 pages? You guys used to fill up like 10 pages a day :secretkpop: but maybe Discord also killed these boards to an extent.

I had originally planned my return much sooner (it’s been a year or two?) to see how everyone was and give you all updates on my life, but this pandemic and being unemployed has got me in a rut of doing nothing productive all day every day. But anyways, the boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years now and still going strong! Very insane to me, but I’m thankful for it. Still haven’t kicked my League addiction (you have permission to make fun of me). Nier Automata is still my favorite game ever. Currently replaying Breath of the Wild for the first time since 2017. MIN MIN IS SO FUN!

Also, I still can’t find the love for Smash that I used to have. :sadsheep: I still do love this game, I love that Zelda isn’t a trollpick this time around (sorry, :zeldamelee::zelda::4zelda::ultbayonetta1:). This is the series that got me into Nintendo in the first place. But playing Ultimate competitively just feels bad due to the gross input lag and over lenient buffering system (not to mention the somehow worse online). Also adding to that, I always felt very very uncomfortable attending tournaments in my local scene due to my social anxiety and just bad vibes from a lot of people. Definitely killed some of the magic for me over time.

Speaking of, within the past 24 hours the Smash community has exploded with their very own Me Too moment, and I just want to remind everyone to be respectful of the victims. It’s very disheartening to see some of your former favs get outed and to also see how many knew about these things but never intervened. But the Smash community should be able to use these experiences to grow and become safer and better. Just because this is publicly happening in our community doesn’t mean similar situations are absent in others, and I hope we can set an example for other gaming communities in the future.

With all that being said, looks like this wall of text is done for now. Once a gorl always a gorl. I’ll try to pop back in sooner than last time. I am in the Ultimate Zelda server on Discord under the name ‘Donuts’ if any of you wanted to add me on there. But I’m alive and doing well! And I hope the rest of you are too! :kirby:

BAN•ZELDA

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
OH MY HOW I’VE MISSED ALL OF YOU! Also, oh my, how the Zelda Social has fallen, only 100 pages? You guys used to fill up like 10 pages a day :secretkpop: but maybe Discord also killed these boards to an extent.

Speaking of, within the past 24 hours the Smash community has exploded with their very own Me Too moment, and I just want to remind everyone to be respectful of the victims. It’s very disheartening to see some of your former favs get outed and to also see how many knew about these things but never intervened. But the Smash community should be able to use these experiences to grow and become safer and better. Just because this is publicly happening in our community doesn’t mean similar situations are absent in others, and I hope we can set an example for other gaming communities in the future.
I’m gonna be honest, it’s been so long since you posted that it took a moment for me to recognize your name. Welcome back!

The reason we’ve seen so few posts nowadays is because no one here really pays as much attention to Smash we used to. I mean, it’s still talked about, but not as much, y’know.

Smash Twitter these past 24 hours has been truly awful. Seeing a bunch of people the community trusted turning out to be such horrible people is a punch to the gut. But in the long run, it’s for the best like you said. The Smash community is full of young people and we need to prove that they can be safe here.

It’s still depressing to think about all the revolting things that happened without anyone knowing about it.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It's also shocking looking at many of the accusations in the pinned thread at how...smaller it would have been had the MacD allegations actually been accepted way back in 2016. It's a certain...horrifying realization, I guess?...in how many of them center around Sky William's house, whether the physical location itself or the people living there and occurred in the years since.

It's been a while. My father passed away a week after my last post, so two weeks ago. It was from a stroke he had earlier in the month. So, both my parents are dead now and within five years of each other. Lot of stuff of stuff to do and there have been times where I'm not sure what I am doing or supposed to be doing.
I'm not gonna pretend I know what that's like, but if you ever want to talk or something I'm available.

For Smash, Min Min was the ARMS pick and simply because the the producer Yabuki Kosuke recommended her. Mechanically, probably a good pick too with her charge mechanic and her blocking kick was incorporated as her Up Smash being able to reflect projectiles. Personally, I don't know who I would have wanted and part of that comes from having never played ARMS before.
According to fan polls she was also the fan favorite in the game, but it's not unusual for the dev team and the fanbase to share the same favorite character.

More importantly, the Flying Spaghetti Monster doth demandth ith, soth it be doneth. Last thing we need is to start the second half of the year with a noodlely meteor raining down upon us...

I was gonna ask how Cress! has been doing on BBTAG, but then I remember "He did play the demo and still has room to improve. Then again, he probably stopped playing it. Oof."
Wow, I wish I was like Cress.

I played the demo and had room to improve then stopped playing it, but I did the dumdum thing and bought the game in between those last two steps.

It didn't help that I only wanted to play the low tier P4 characters, so...

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I’m gonna be honest, it’s been so long since you posted that it took a moment for me to recognize your name. Welcome back!

The reason we’ve seen so few posts nowadays is because no one here really pays as much attention to Smash we used to. I mean, it’s still talked about, but not as much, y’know.

Smash Twitter these past 24 hours has been truly awful. Seeing a bunch of people the community trusted turning out to be such horrible people is a punch to the gut. But in the long run, it’s for the best like you said. The Smash community is full of young people and we need to prove that they can be safe here.

It’s still depressing to think about all the revolting things that happened without anyone knowing about it.
Hahaha it’s fine if you didn’t recognize me at first, it also took me a minute to recognize a couple names after lurking around here again. But I still remember most of you and it’s sad that a lot of people have left but I understand. I have very fond memories of Smash 4, and The Zelda Social was one of them. I also made a lot of friends on Anther’s Ladder that are gone now. I just feel like almost all the friends I made from Smash are either gone or I’m not close with them anymore. A guy I used to go to locals with every week, we don’t even talk anymore (that’s on him though), and I find even that sad. This same exact thing happened to me when Dead or Alive 5 died in 2017 and Koei Tecmo dropped the ball hard on Dead or Alive 6, keeping those that left from coming back.

As for the allegations, it’s honestly pretty sickening. The whole internet in the past month has been sickening. There’s just SO much going on with the Smash community especially that’s gross and sad, but I guess my intuitions were right. I always felt strangely about a lot of people in the Smash community. And I’d started hearing stories going as far back as 2015. Though that’s all it was back then, a rumor. But I feel like people keep forgetting that things like this have always been going on. The entire time. There’s definitely more stories we haven’t heard yet that we may never hear.

I do think it’s interesting that sometimes people are blaming the child after hearing about some of these allegations. These kids don’t even know any better. If I’m being honest, this is a bit of a secret, I myself was groomed starting at 14, and I didn’t realize how bad it was until I became an adult. Looking back it’s just sick to think I was manipulated. And I have friends that had worse happen to them when they were younger. Like, yes, maybe the kid could’ve expressed interest, but at the same time, it’s on the adult for knowing better and not shutting it down. Thinking about it, teenage hormones, they never stop. Teenagers can be very... excited. But adults are adults. They should’ve done better.

Ffamran Ffamran I’m very sorry to hear all of that. I’m extremely lucky to not know what it’s like yet, but I did come close to it though. My boyfriend almost died if he didn’t get emergency surgery back in February and while in high school one of my best friends had a really rare form of cancer she was thankfully able to beat. But anyways, you know we’ll always be here for support if you need it. :113:

On the subject of BBTag... I really did spend $50 just for some asset flipping and like 6 new characters. I’ve barely played the game. It’s fun, I love all the original games (mostly Under Night, BlazBlue’s pacing feels too weird for me, and I don’t feel like busting out my PS3 for P4U) but I hate how dumbed down it is. A friend just bought me DBFZ on sale as an early birthday present, and even though it’s also a little dumbed down it feels more exciting to play than BBTag. My biggest issue with BBTag is the fact that there aren’t rounds. Battles just feel half as long as they should be to me. It wouldn’t be an issue if the damage in the game wasn’t so high, but it is. That being said... Guilty Gear Strive, anyone?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Wow, I wish I was like Cress.

I played the demo and had room to improve then stopped playing it, but I did the dumdum thing and bought the game in between those last two steps.

It didn't help that I only wanted to play the low tier P4 characters, so...
Don't worry about it. I apparently play low tiers too, especially Celica and Gordeau... Though I think highly of Celica, in fact I think she's the bottom of High Tier.

And I guess you wanted to play Yukiko and Elizabeth? Or Kanji. I used to play Kanji, he was hella fun. I did try him out a bit with Susanoo a while ago, feels like they can't do crap, but they can easily hit 10k with one Distortion and CC. But now I'm going to learn about a trick called Negative Edge. Which means I can easily do unblockable setups more easily with Celica/Adachi and Susanoo/Gordeau. Where during blockstun or hitstun of say 5A, I release D to Active Switch and during the hitstun, I buffer 236X, then I can either IAD Back and hit with a j.B with Gordeau. As Susanoo's 236B hits low until the final hit which hits high. With Celica/Adachi, 5A>214B(AS). Since Celica's Marteru Flan is an armoured overhead, and Adachi's 2A is a low.

On the subject of BBTag... I really did spend $50 just for some asset flipping and like 6 new characters. I’ve barely played the game. It’s fun, I love all the original games (mostly Under Night, BlazBlue’s pacing feels too weird for me, and I don’t feel like busting out my PS3 for P4U) but I hate how dumbed down it is. A friend just bought me DBFZ on sale as an early birthday present, and even though it’s also a little dumbed down it feels more exciting to play than BBTag. My biggest issue with BBTag is the fact that there aren’t rounds. Battles just feel half as long as they should be to me. It wouldn’t be an issue if the damage in the game wasn’t so high, but it is. That being said... Guilty Gear Strive, anyone?
I can understand why you feel like that, since a lot of assets have been reused, with some new sprites added for characters such as Nine with Celica, Yu and Yosuke and Adachi. Then again, I feel like this is a standard for Blazblue. Since they've been using says Ragna's sprites since Calamity Trigger and the most recent ones are Jubei and Susanoo from Centralfiction. With the original set of sprites going to RWBY, Heart, Yumi and Blitztank. I do wish we got more characters into the game, especially Enkidu, Rise and Kokonoe. Along with Kanae and Saki Tsuzura. But hey, we can all dream. It's sad that apparently BBTAG was a failure to ArcSys, since it only sold 450k copies, compare that to DBFZ which sold over 2 Million copies. DBFZ is probably the biggest success story ArcSys ever had.

Same goes with the controls, it feels way too simplified as it was aimed at a more beginner friendly crowd (Most notably the RWBY crowd. Oof). However, I feel like that they could've gone the way that BBCF went, where players can choose between the two styles of play. Stylish and Technical. Where with Stylish, players can just use the layout they're given in BBTAG, and Technical would give them their default layout from previous games. However, I think the problem would be that clashing styles from the different Fates. But I'm sure they'd find a way to get them all to function together, since they could just have them have some of their gimmicks from other titles but have that Blazblue flair.

My main issues with BBTAG are that it is very unbalanced. Yumi is stupidly strong, Ruby and Yang just do not feel engaging or fun (And I hate those two anyway lol), Yukiko, Makoto, Platinum and Kanji feel hella weak and poor Makoto is just incomplete. And I wish the BBTAG Astral Music for the Blazblue side had the option to be True Blue, not just Crossing Fate. Since someone modded BBTAG so that the Blazblue side has True Blue.

Another issue I have is Yang's Theme when she enters her Install. I just want her to shut the hell up and turn that trash music off in game without having to intefere with the main volume options in-game. The RWBY OST is imo the worst part of BBTAG's music. In fact, I'll leave a quick tier list of the Astral Themes in BBTAG. :V

Now if BBTAG's Astral Theme was True Blue, it'd shoot up to A Tier. :V

Speaking of Blazblue, I've been attempting to make sprites of Celica for SRB2K. Because that game is really damn good, and you all should try it out, it's really fun. My only worry is I'll get her proportions wrong of her sitting in the kart. And I am planning on making a version where she is on Minerva and she is the kart.

1593855576637.png

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
As for the allegations, it’s honestly pretty sickening. The whole internet in the past month has been sickening. There’s just SO much going on with the Smash community especially that’s gross and sad, but I guess my intuitions were right. I always felt strangely about a lot of people in the Smash community. And I’d started hearing stories going as far back as 2015. Though that’s all it was back then, a rumor. But I feel like people keep forgetting that things like this have always been going on. The entire time. There’s definitely more stories we haven’t heard yet that we may never hear.

I do think it’s interesting that sometimes people are blaming the child after hearing about some of these allegations. These kids don’t even know any better. If I’m being honest, this is a bit of a secret, I myself was groomed starting at 14, and I didn’t realize how bad it was until I became an adult. Looking back it’s just sick to think I was manipulated. And I have friends that had worse happen to them when they were younger. Like, yes, maybe the kid could’ve expressed interest, but at the same time, it’s on the adult for knowing better and not shutting it down. Thinking about it, teenage hormones, they never stop. Teenagers can be very... excited. But adults are adults. They should’ve done better.
?
I can say that I definitely felt there was some sort of culture that promoted this behavior. The way women have been talked about by this community feels like a big red flag that we were all too blind to see (Calling them grils, making “Respect women” into a MEME.)

When the Hyuga story came out after EVO 2016, I was so disturbed. I think everyone was too, because we never expected anything like this to happen. Looking at that now, it’s awful to think of the exposed looking at his allegations and thinking about themselves. We went from one story in one year, to goodness knows how many in this past week. In retrospect, it seems so obvious that the video game community, being as sexist as it is, would be full of predators.

The point of having an age of consent is to draw a line. It’s to say “Just because a 15 year old wanted a relationship with a 20 year old, it doesn’t mean the 15 year old is to be held guilty because they cannot consent under ANY circumstance, rather it is on the adult to know this and to refuse and block any attempts by a child at forming a relationship, otherwise they are a culprit”.

I’m sorry to hear what happened to you. It’s so strange that the one species can have those who recognise a horrific crime as a horrific crime, and yet also have those who partake in it and attempt to justify it. It makes me feel so lucky I never ran into the wrong people.

I don’t know if the community can ever recover. I can’t see any justification to keep going on after this. Trying to protect minors at events is paramount to telling them “You’re not safe here”.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
We don't deserve Adam or his tea tbh.

btw added this to the B•GALbecause wow

along with a C L A S S I C that should be listened to at +10% to +25% speed for maximum P O W E R

As for FEH I got a couple of 5*s after being a good gorl and saving my orbs until I had 190 yeeeee. Then bought a Forma Pack because I am weak and even though I already have 1 Forma Soul. I got my 4th/5th Robins, 2 Not!Lewyn,1 new Seliph(-atk/+spd ofc), my 4th Peony, my 2nd Sothis and my 1st Yune. I think that's a very good haul. I got my final Norne too! YEEEEEEEE +10 EZ MODE TIME.

Ced is pretty neat but his fodder isn't really usable and his tome is just OK. -atk/+spd Seliph is the universe spitting on me but thankfully he's IV-proof. It sucks he has 26 Res but no Super Boon. Just another Red unit with DC and bad Res. How unique!

I have to say I'm growing fond of these Pair Up units, it just sucks they can't be used in every mode. I can sweep with a glass cannon then swap to a bulky boi before my turn ends. 10/10 OP ability idc about the missing Earth/Fire stat buffs anymore. :^)

I'm bad at being serious so I'll just do what the kids do and say "mega oof sorry kween we stan u 4ever tho"

idk what that means but I'm pretty sure it's motivational and heartfelt.

Real talk, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the C-Virus didn't stop you from going about the normal funeral preparations. It's stressful enough without having outside BS complicating things.

I don’t know if the community can ever recover. I can’t see any justification to keep going on after this. Trying to protect minors at events is paramount to telling them “You’re not safe here”.
That's why people find it weird when a kid has adult friends. It's just not 100% safe because ANYONE could be a creep. Even worse when it's a gaming scenario since a lot is going on - perfect distractions. I think the community will recover back to it's self-autonomous version, but this has probably ruined any chance of Nintendo especting the competitive community/endorsing it fully. So hooray. Creeps sullied lives AND a video game's chance of being an eSport. How productive of them.

Like, what possess these dumb little cretins to do things like this? Is it the "me horny me no care" mentality that I see in memes or what? I mean I'm a dude, but I'm asexual so I never experienced a moment where someone offered me something BAD or SKETCHY then I went "HUE HUE YE GIMME IT HUEHUE ME NO CARE ABOUT MORALITY OR MY WELL BEING OR EVEN YOUR WELL BEING ME ONLY WANT LEEEEWDDDD!!!"

like wtf doods

I had originally planned my return much sooner (it’s been a year or two?) to see how everyone was and give you all updates on my life, but this pandemic and being unemployed has got me in a rut of doing nothing productive all day every day. But anyways, the boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years now and still going strong! Very insane to me, but I’m thankful for it. Still haven’t kicked my League addiction (you have permission to make fun of me). Nier Automata is still my favorite game ever. Currently replaying Breath of the Wild for the first time since 2017. MIN MIN IS SO FUN!

Also, I still can’t find the love for Smash that I used to have. :sadsheep: I still do love this game, I love that Zelda isn’t a trollpick this time around (sorry, :zeldamelee::zelda::4zelda::ultbayonetta1:). This is the series that got me into Nintendo in the first place. But playing Ultimate competitively just feels bad due to the gross input lag and over lenient buffering system (not to mention the somehow worse online). Also adding to that, I always felt very very uncomfortable attending tournaments in my local scene due to my social anxiety and just bad vibes from a lot of people. Definitely killed some of the magic for me over time.
Welcome back sis. And ye, my love for the game has dwindled but I still love my kweens. I play it occasionally over at friends' houses. But I've always been more of an RPG-sink-500-years-into-a-game-and-min-max-galore type of gamer. Except when it comes to Overwatch, I love whatever the hell that thing's considered. I still didn't get to try out Min Min but I also didn't buy the DLC so whatever? rip

btw here's a ****post important video of stretches to do before gaming to maintain proper bodily health; kweens must stay fit to stay fierce

As for the forums I think a lot of the gorls were burned out over years of gaming and ****posting. Y'know, real life and adult stuff and etc. Though this is still a fairly decent/active social compared to most of them. I wouldn't be surprised if most folks moved to Discord since it's easier to just drop a quick ****post sentence+gif and then call it a day.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

That's why people find it weird when a kid has adult friends. It's just not 100% safe because ANYONE could be a creep. Even worse when it's a gaming scenario since a lot is going on - perfect distractions. I think the community will recover back to it's self-autonomous version, but this has probably ruined any chance of Nintendo especting the competitive community/endorsing it fully. So hooray. Creeps sullied lives AND a video game's chance of being an eSport. How productive of them.

Like, what possess these dumb little cretins to do things like this? Is it the "me horny me no care" mentality that I see in memes or what? I mean I'm a dude, but I'm asexual so I never experienced a moment where someone offered me something BAD or SKETCHY then I went "HUE HUE YE GIMME IT HUEHUE ME NO CARE ABOUT MORALITY OR MY WELL BEING OR EVEN YOUR WELL BEING ME ONLY WANT LEEEEWDDDD!!!"

like wtf doods
If everyone was a bit more like you, it would flourish. Nintendo would jump at the chance to support a funny, energetic, friendly and welcoming Smash community, but unfortunately the #1 and #4 Smash 4 players in the world are disasters now, so no luck with that.

To be honest this social is a miracle as far as Smash discussion goes. Everyone here is either kind, funny, mature, smart or all at once. I know I’ve been the opposite of all those things in the past here, but I really am trying to be better. I’ve seen people making jokes on Twitter and Reddit about what’s happening and while I get the point of softening tension with humour, it felt in very poor taste. I wish the things you see in Twitch chat didn’t come from real people, you know? And then of course there’s still those defending the accused by making the most grotesque and vile comments, some of which I don’t think I can repeat here.

It makes a lot of sense why a company like Nintendo would be so hesitant approaching something so morally dubious. Basically what I’m trying to say is that there was already plenty of attitudes and events in Smash that would drive away Nintendo, but this whole situation has made it far worse. If a company ever wants to get involved with Smash, it would have to be years from now.

Side note: I’m not ace, but my mother used to think I was because I’ve never been in a relationship. Which is both incredibly optimistic and probably the funniest thing she’s ever said to me.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not gonna pretend I know what that's like, but if you ever want to talk or something I'm available.
It is a rare situation. Although, it was one that I was always aware of. My parents had me late in their lives and in the case of my dad, he already had four children from his first marriage. His first wife died from breast cancer I think and his oldest son passed away before I was born -- not sure if he passed away when his first wife was still alive. My mom if I remember correctly from what I heard had a miscarriage or two before finally conceiving me. My mom died when she was 62 and coincidentally, I was the same age she was when her mom, my grandmother, passed away. My dad passed away at the age of 80. They lived their lives and in the case of my mom who was apparently worried about it, she lived longer than her own parents.

Between the two and both sides of the family overall, both lost a parent at a young age. My paternal grandmother was in her thirties when she died after giving birth to my youngest paternal uncle. I think my dad was 15 or so when she died. My paternal grandfather lived longer and my guess is that my dad was in his thirties when my grandfather died. He had his grandparents, siblings, and relatives nearby, but losing a parent or anyone at a young age is not an an easy thing to deal with. My mom on the other hand, had to take care of her younger siblings after her mom passed away as I think my maternal grandfather was paralyzed and he died when he was in his fifties. Although, I'm not sure how old my mom was when he died. My great-grandmother was still around for my mom and her siblings.
Ffamran Ffamran I’m very sorry to hear all of that. I’m extremely lucky to not know what it’s like yet, but I did come close to it though. My boyfriend almost died if he didn’t get emergency surgery back in February and while in high school one of my best friends had a really rare form of cancer she was thankfully able to beat. But anyways, you know we’ll always be here for support if you need it. :113:
Eventually when it does happen, be prepared to be unprepared, but do be mindful of yourself. When my mom was dying from terminal cancer, I shut down for several months before something snapped me back to awareness in the final weeks of her life. That was definitely detrimental to my own well-being. Whether you end fulling numb, overwhelmed, or stressed, do as much as you can to be aware of it and to give yourself time.
I'm bad at being serious so I'll just do what the kids do and say "mega oof sorry kween we stan u 4ever tho"

idk what that means but I'm pretty sure it's motivational and heartfelt.

Real talk, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the C-Virus didn't stop you from going about the normal funeral preparations. It's stressful enough without having outside BS complicating things.
The coronavirus pandemic didn't interfere with preparing his funeral, but it did impact other hospital and funeral visitations. The hospitals around here being limited to one visitor per 24 hours outside of extreme cases such as when a patient is close to passing did make it difficult for family who wanted to stay by his side and a little on information communication given that some members of the family are not as fluent in English as others. A nurse did express that she felt glad that he had visitors as some patients only had few visitors or did not have visitors show up at all. With the funeral, we were able to get it livestreamed for people who could not physically go to funeral home for one reason or another like travel restrictions, their own health concerns, and work. Because of the pandemic, it did create a interesting parallel to me for how my parents wanted their funeral services to go.

My mom wanted to go as quietly as possible to the point where she forbade my dad, my maternal uncle, and me from telling anyone about her condition and even death. Her reasoning was that she did not want to burden too many people or leave a debt she could not be responsible for which was why she wanted her funeral service to be as inexpensive as possible. When it came to her funeral, though, many family and friends showed up as they were told about her passing. In the case of my maternal uncle telling my maternal aunt who lived in another state, he said that while he was breaking a promise to his eldest sister, if he didn't tell his other older sister, she would be very upset. I think part of that was what drove me to urge him to try and find my estranged uncle to tell him about his eldest sister's passing. Somehow it led to them reconciling. If only they were able to reconcile when my mom was still alive.

My dad on the other hand told my oldest half-sister that he just wanted it to be simple. So, he probably would have been fine regardless of how many people showed up, but because of the pandemic, the decision to go was difficult much less the ability to even go. Still, those who really wanted to go were able to and we still had the livestream. That said, at least he did not pass away from COVID-19. I heard about how some families were refused the bodies of their deceased loved ones due to the fear of risking more infections. I can't imagine how they would have felt. I don't remember where I heard this, but it was said that funerals were for the living as much as they were for the dead. Or something to that effect.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I got google stuff for my birthday so ofc I summoned for Sylvains. We have the same middle name and I fell in love with him thanks to Dorthea's/Mercedes' supports. Initially I sent him to Horny Jail and hated him for being a rude+naughty playboi. Anyway tldr = I have enough to +10. I stumbled across Ranulf, Beach Kween Ingrid, and one of Cuboon's Milk Truks.

You know... The Milk Truk? (The art is so hilarious and inaccurately L A R G E, but the conversation is heartwarming. I do love Rhea and Cherami Leigh the VA, so they kinda cancel out the lewd incest duo. BTW it's the lamest Duo ability but it can be used multiple times so w/e) brb calling EODM07 EODM07 to verify the inadvertent almost-yuri picture delivery.

On the other hand, Sylvain's art is perfect. Handsome boi default, flamboyant attack stance, getting a drink thrown on him hurt stance. But then he's also the 4 star demote??? It took about 350 orbs to get enough copies. Only 1 was 5* so I'll be wasting so many feathers before I get around to my original +10 target (F!Corrin, AKA, Lady Saizo). Oh well.

ANYWAY, cringe waifu war simulator aside... I finally watched Beastars. Oh lorT is it good. I didn't plan on watching it because "bunny sex" and "omg such a good anime so you HAVE to see it" was thrown at me. It sounded like a cringefest. But I ran out of animated shows to watch and figured, eh, maybe it's just a PG rated Zootopia? That means it could be fun to watch/funny and I can ignore any gratuitous bunny sex.

I'm glad I did watch it anyway. Legoshi is such a sweet baby boi. I like how the characters were having a conversation in the background, but the panicked inner-dialogue was in the foreground. It made that awkward introduction scene 10/10 comedy and not-NaStY. "is this some kind of herbivore greeting???" idk Legoshi but I'm 100% sure you did the right thing. :^)

The animation was interesting. Sorta 3D but hidden enough to not be perpetually noticeable? Great character design too. Oddly not a typical "furry" type of anthromorphic animal. Most furry art keeps eye/limb/head sizes consistent through different species and faces are filled out be human-sized with animal features. Meanwhile we get goofy longneck tiny head birb bois and weird triangle face wolf girls. So even if lewd stuff does happen it's more funny than creepy imo. Though it does make more menacing poses look even spookier too. 10/10 animation.

People should be more like Lil Puddin Lil Puddin

Be a crepe, not a creep.

...I'll have more to say later, but holy **** this ride just does not end.
But if everyone was a crepe, that means no baby making and the end of the human race. Oh wait, that might be for the best since no humans means nobody is using Zelda. That means Zelda would be banned! And the planet would be saved!

We've did it sisters! We ended Creep Culture, saved the planet, and BANNED Zelda!!!:secretkpop:

-----------------------------

Ffamran Ffamran you've had an interesting and grim set of circumstances. Still, it's a good sign that you can actually talk about it. You probably know what you're doing. You're probably doing the best you can. Which is enough for now. Whatever you can manage to do is enough for now.

You'll be OK, sis.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I got google stuff for my birthday so ofc I summoned for Sylvains. We have the same middle name and I fell in love with him thanks to Dorthea's/Mercedes' supports. Initially I sent him to Horny Jail and hated him for being a rude+naughty playboi. Anyway tldr = I have enough to +10. I stumbled across Ranulf, Beach Kween Ingrid, and one of Cuboon's Milk Truks.

You know... The Milk Truk? (The art is so hilarious and inaccurately L A R G E, but the conversation is heartwarming. I do love Rhea and Cherami Leigh the VA, so they kinda cancel out the lewd incest duo. BTW it's the lamest Duo ability but it can be used multiple times so w/e) brb calling EODM07 EODM07 to verify the inadvertent almost-yuri picture delivery.
Perhaps. But I'm someone who would ship F!Byleth with Edelgard, Dorothea and Mercedes, so what do I know about F!Byleth X Rhea? Kappa

ANYWAY, cringe waifu war simulator aside... I finally watched Beastars. Oh lorT is it good. I didn't plan on watching it because "bunny sex" and "omg such a good anime so you HAVE to see it" was thrown at me. It sounded like a cringefest. But I ran out of animated shows to watch and figured, eh, maybe it's just a PG rated Zootopia? That means it could be fun to watch/funny and I can ignore any gratuitous bunny sex.

I'm glad I did watch it anyway. Legoshi is such a sweet baby boi. I like how the characters were having a conversation in the background, but the panicked inner-dialogue was in the foreground. It made that awkward introduction scene 10/10 comedy and not-NaStY. "is this some kind of herbivore greeting???" idk Legoshi but I'm 100% sure you did the right thing. :^)

The animation was interesting. Sorta 3D but hidden enough to not be perpetually noticeable? Great character design too. Oddly not a typical "furry" type of anthromorphic animal. Most furry art keeps eye/limb/head sizes consistent through different species and faces are filled out be human-sized with animal features. Meanwhile we get goofy longneck tiny head birb bois and weird triangle face wolf girls. So even if lewd stuff does happen it's more funny than creepy imo. Though it does make more menacing poses look even spookier too. 10/10 animation.
Speaking of anime, I've finally finished some shows that have been on my radar: Sing "Yesterday" For Me and Hamefura (My Next Life As A Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!) and I enjoyed them. Yesterday was interesting and it felt somewhat relatable to me and I think to a few others too, and Hamefura was a cute isekai anime.

I've seen some ships of Hamefura already, I feel like a lot will be shipping Katarina with Maria because why not. Sing "Yesterday" For Me I haven't seen many ships of, but I think I know what will be the most popular. And for Dogo Koba's first non comedy anime, it was great. Now what would I ship in Hamefura? Either Sophia X Katarina, Mary X Katarina or Maria X Katarina. :V

And I did resume watching Digimon 2020, because the series was on hold because of current events, but now that it's resumed, I can safely say that... The animation in Episode 4 looked lackluster, especially for some fight scenes, I kinda miss the nice animation we got in the first three episodes, but hey. That's what happens when things are put on hold because of an outbreak. F in the chat.

But if everyone was a crepe, that means no baby making and the end of the human race. Oh wait, that might be for the best since no humans means nobody is using Zelda. That means Zelda would be banned! And the planet would be saved!
What about those who have become Puddings!?

You seriously think people will survive as Puddings when Es is lurking around?

1594376669662.png

We've did it sisters! We ended Creep Culture, saved the planet, and BANNED Zelda!!!:secretkpop:
We did it boys, Zelda mains are no more!

1594376816131.png

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've been sitting on this post for like 2 weeks for zero reason. It's probably time that I actually post this and stop rewriting it lmao.

For FEH stuff, I've been meaning to ask: I pulled a random Lethe (+atk -def) from the Book IV Midpoint banner. I already have a +1 +spd Lethe that I use as a Galeforce partner for my favorite boi Yarne, but I'm not sure if I should switch over to +atk for easier Heavy Blade checks or stick with +spd. I gave her Atk/Spd Solo in the A-slot so she hits over 60 spd with buffs, so I think +atk is the way to go? Spd creep is real, though, and she needs to get the double. I wish I had Lull Atk/Spd to give her too, but my only 2 copies were given to my favorites Niles and Yarne a long time ago. Should I go +spd or +atk for og!Lethe?

Also, Jaffar's revival banner returned and I was lucky enough to pull the 2 copies I needed with the ~200 F2P orbs I had saved up (with no off-focus 5*s either)! Here he is in all of his glory. The last merge and 2 dragon flowers would give +2 def/res, which is kinda useless imo for the resources required, so he's finished in my eyes. Honestly those stats are pretty sad for a +10, but it's always satisfying to complete another husbando lol. I still use Niles to clear most content in FEH so that gen 1 ranged BST is something with which I'm very familiar. If I cared enough to buy the FEH pass I'd summoner support Jaffar too, but there are only a few characters that could entice me to buy it at this point (mostly Niles bc he desperately needs the +2 to all stats and I would love the option to switch between 2 sets of art for him, but I'd also accept Odin, non-Askr Caeda, Donnel, and Jaffar ofc). Now that we know Hel outfits are a possible, I would really love a Hel!Jaffar. Embla could also work for him, but Hel is a way better fit. I'm not sure which FEH realm would best fit a resplendent Niles. He's from Nohr so the 2 obvious choices are Hel and Embla, but I think a Ljosalfheimr outfit could look great on him if done correctly.

I know I'm late to the party, but since I mentioned Donnel, I have to talk about his weapon refine. I was hoping it'd be a prf slaying lance or literally anything that'd help with his EP tanking, but rip my dreams. Brave lance with mini sturdy impact is good, but being infantry means I'd just rather use a lance cav with 3 mov who can also Galeforce without needing Heavy Blade + Time's Pulse or w/e else. Niles, Caeda, and Odin all got good refines so I guess one of my favorites was bound to get rekt by IS eventually. I'm not going to pretend that it's unusable or anything, but why keep his base brave lance when he's used as an EP tank most of the time? IS has shown that they're aware of popular unit builds and give them prfs based on that (like Cherche's prf brave axe when her base weapon is armor-slaying). I definitely won't ever refine Donnel's lance, and I'm not switching over to +atk IVs. Berkut's amazing new weapon is really just salt in the wound. I would've been totally happy with a simple 16 mt slaying lance with Lull Atk/Def or Atk/Spd for Donnel.

As for non-FEH stuff, I'm still playing Animal Crossing ofc. I never really cared much about diving in New Leaf, but I am glad to see it return. Some people seem to be annoyed that Nintendo is drip-feeding us content through these monthly updates, but I don't mind it. It rewards long-term play, and helps to keep things from getting stale imo. I still haven't done too much decorating on my island, so I like that each update adds more furniture as well. Some of my favorite sets still aren't in the game (Rococo, Regal, and the Gorgeous sets off the top of my head), so I'm looking forward to their (hopeful) eventual addition.

I'm not sure what else to add because I'm not very good with words, but I do hope all of you gorls are able to stay safe and find a way to cope with the craziness of life right now. Things do look grim, but it's best to remain hopeful (which is something I struggle with). I sincerely hope all of you are doing well, or if not, hopefully you have a great support system to help you through it. It's cliché, but we really are all in this together <3

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I picked up World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on the last day of the Steam sale. Was not sure when it ended until I checked and it was the last day when I did. Maybe this is not the best time to buy things, but I felt like I needed something lighthearted at least in art style, so I picked up World of Final Fantasy which I wanted to play for a long time. The FFX remaster I picked up to fulfill the buy something $30 and get $5 Steam was offering. I figured that I should get it so I can finally beat FFX after playing and understanding RPGs more from when I played FFXIII. I think I still had FFX at the time when I played FFXIII, but it wasn't until FFXIII that I understood how RPGs worked better and came to appreciate them.

That said, FFX/X-2's keyboard controls are weird as hell compared to World of Final Fantasy which I haven't started yet, but when I booted it up to check the settings, its control scheme seems closer to recent games. Well, games that use a WASD layout. I don't think I have played much old PC games that used the arrow keys so combined with console games or games on a controller and an arcade stick, movement using the left hand feels more natural than using the right hand. Point and click games, so games that use a mouse for movement is fine. I'm probably going to hook up a controller to play FFX/X-2.

For FEH stuff, I've been meaning to ask: I pulled a random Lethe (+atk -def) from the Book IV Midpoint banner. I already have a +1 +spd Lethe that I use as a Galeforce partner for my favorite boi Yarne, but I'm not sure if I should switch over to +atk for easier Heavy Blade checks or stick with +spd. I gave her Atk/Spd Solo in the A-slot so she hits over 60 spd with buffs, so I think +atk is the way to go? Spd creep is real, though, and she needs to get the double. I wish I had Lull Atk/Spd to give her too, but my only 2 copies were given to my favorites Niles and Yarne a long time ago. Should I go +spd or +atk for og!Lethe?
I would stick with +Spd for the reason of speed creep. +Spd, +1 Lethe has 42 speed, so 45 with her Brazen Cat Fang equipped, and 57 with both X/Spd Solo effects of her weapon and A passive. Her attack, on the other paw, would be 33 base, 47 with her fang equipped, and 59 with her weapon's Atk/Spd Solo 3 and A passive being Atk/Spd Solo 3. If she is transformed, then her attack would be 49 with her fang equipped and 61 if she is not adjacent to anyone. If she initiates and is transformed, then she inflicts Atk/Def-4 and prevents her foe from making a follow-up attack. The attack debuff would help with passing attack checks.

I mentioned Ced a while back where Ced has 39 base neutral speed which becomes 42 with his tome. His tome's Atk/Spd Solo 3 and his default Spd/Res Solo 3 would give him 54 speed when he's not adjacent to anyone. +Spd Ced would have 42 base speed, so 45 with his tome and 57 when he's not adjacent to anyone. That's before any merges and yes, while he would likely get one-shot by Lethe since he's a green mage, both of them would be able to double the other if the other is adjacent to someone. The context which I mentioned him was how nasty that he could double my Mareeta when she was unmerged who with =Spd has the same base speed as +Spd him, but because of her lower Atk/Spd boost from her sword and having a Killer effect instead of Spd+3, she hits 52 Spd when not adjacent to anyone which is the exact speed difference for +Spd Ced to be able to double her if he is not adjacent to anyone and without any buffs on him or debuffs on her. She's +1 now, so he needs +1 Spd from somewhere, but man, that was gross.

The other thing with speed is Close Call/Repel which only melee infantry can inherit, but we had some units who have similar effects who are not melee infantry like NY Lethe, summer Mia & masked Marth, and NY Selkie. Lethe is fast, but if someone manages to be that faster than her, than no only will she miss out on doubles, but on damage as well. Then there are skills that neutralize buffs or debuffs. With his default skills, +Spd Shannan would be able to avoid a double from +Spd Lethe, neutralize any debuffs on him, and slow her special charge. I remember a comment somewhere that said while +3/+4 attack is great with +Atk, for fast characters who are on the edge of doubling or being doubled, being able to double and not being doubled is better than a bit more damage.

For summons, I went for four more full summons on legendary Seliph's banner mainly to try and get more copies Eleonora. Legendary Chrom, legendary Seliph, and copies of Ced, Duma, and Yune would have been nice as well. I got Duma to fix the original's -Res flaw and my first Sothis. 622 and 623 were from the Three Houses summer banner. Didn't get anyone from there. 624 to 631 was the Desert Mercenaries orb dump to get a guaranteed Ephraim & Lyon. A guaranteed duo hero is nice and one who is a lance infantry which we are lacking like why is summer Ingrid a lance flier which is what her regular self, pre-timeskip or post-timeskip, would probably be? Got three copies of Echidna, but only one was used for merge since two of them had good assets, +Res and +Atk, that I wanted to keep in case and a surprise Yarne right when I was thinking I was dumping a ton of orbs only for a guaranteed duo hero. Back to back forging bonds is going to be something since the banner is a new heroes one with a forging bonds.
4* Camilla: +HP, -Atk.
3* Kagero: +Def, -Atk.
4* Matthew: +Res, -Spd.
4* Niles: +Def, -Spd.
4* Ross: +Res, -Spd.
3* Bartre #1: +HP, -Res.
3* Cherche: +Atk, -Res.
4* Merric #1: +Def, -Res.
3* Soren #1: +Spd, HP.
4* Titania: +Def, -Atk.
3* Brady: +HP, -Def.
5* Duma: +Spd, -Res. AMAZING! 24 base speed. Promptly merged into my +Atk one. I know it would help with lowering lift loss with two Dumas, but that doesn't seem that useful with my only defense team setup.
3* Libra #1: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Raven #1: +Def, -Spd.
3* Tailtiu #2: +Res, -HP.
4* Hawkeye: +Atk, -Spd.
3* Jeorge: +Def, -Spd.
4* Reinhardt: +Atk, -HP.
5* Sothis: +Res, -Def. So this Sothis swapped her defenses sort of. 29/30 defenses is all right.
4* Tethys #1: +Atk, -HP.
4* Cain: +Res, -Spd.
3* Oscar: +Def, -HP.
3* Serra: +Spd, -HP.
4* Soren #2: +Atk, -HP.
4* Wrys: +Spd, -HP.
4* Mae: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Mathilda: +Def, -Atk.
4* Reyson #1: +Atk, -HP.
3* Saizo: +Res, -Def.
4* Selena: neutral.
3* Athena: +Def, -HP.
3* Boey #1: +Res, -Atk.
4* Clarine: +Def, -HP.
3* Echidna #1: +Def, -Atk. Echidna is now +7. Three more copies to go.
3* Lilina: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Boey #2: +Res, -Atk.
3* Echidna #2: +Res, -HP. I'm going to keep this one in case I ever want her to be +Res.
4* Raven #2: +HP, -Res.
4* Subaki: +HP, -Atk.
4* Valbar #1: neutral.
3* Felicia: +HP, -Def.
3* Lucius: +Def, -HP.
4* Mercedes: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Merric #2: +Atk, -Spd.
4* Sophia: +HP, -Def.
4* Bartre #2: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Lissa: +HP, -Spd.
3* M!Morgan: +Atk, -Spd.
3* Nowi #1: +HP, -Spd.
3* Tethys #2: +HP, -Def.
3* Donnel #1: +Res, -Spd.
4* Nowi #2: +Def, -Res.
4* Shanna: +Spd, -HP.
3* Tailtiu #2: +Res, -Def.
4* Tethys #3: +HP, -Res.
3* M!Corrin: +Res, -Spd.
3* Echidna #3: +Atk, -HP. Going to keep as well even though +Atk only puts her on neutral Gerik's level of offenses.
3* Lon'qu: +Atk, -Res.
3* Nowi #3: +Res, -Atk.
3* Tailtiu #3: +Spd, -Atk.
3* Legault #1: neutral.
4* Lilina: +Atk, -Def.
4* Reyson #2: +HP, -Def.
3* Silas: +HP, -Res.
4* Valbar #2: +HP, -Atk.
3* Bantu: +Spd, -Def.
4* Donnel #2: +HP, -Def.
4* Legault #2: +HP, -Atk.3
3* Libra: +Def, -Spd.
5* Yarne: +Spd, -Res. I was going to say, excluding the three Echidnas, all that for just guaranteed 5* pick, but a surprise Yarne showing up made that better.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what else to add because I'm not very good with words, but I do hope all of you gorls are able to stay safe and find a way to cope with the craziness of life right now. Things do look grim, but it's best to remain hopeful (which is something I struggle with). I sincerely hope all of you are doing well, or if not, hopefully you have a great support system to help you through it. It's cliché, but we really are all in this together <3
Humble of you to assume this social isn’t a support system for me! :drflip::drflip:

“If I’m going down, I’m taking a Goddess with me!“ sounds like a super metal line out of context.

Beastars was recommended to me a while back, which I interpreted to be Netflix judging me for my life choices. I usually feel uncomfortable watching anime, (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Assassination Classroom are the only ones I really enjoy) and seeing an anthropomorphic anime that wasn’t Sonic X set the weirdness alarm in my head off tbh. I might like it, I’d just have to ignore every instinct I have to click on it. I mean, Bojack Horseman was amazing, so who knows?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , I forgot about this. Have you ever wanted to listen to a kazoo while exploring a dungeon? Well, now you can! "Goblin's Lair" from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lNPKTx_Ii0.

Apparently Donna Burke sung the English version of "Sound of the Wind", the opening theme to the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQ4DiRzd14.

And here's "Departure": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRHO2pY97I.

I remember renting Crystal Chronicles when I was a kid and I did not get far. I think I might have gotten stuck on the first level. Co-op probably was the way to go with this game, but it and Four Swords Adventure were so damn expensive for multiplayer. You had to buy separate GBAs and the connector thing.

Top Bottom