• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
O lawdee, I've been so busy lately that I can't get much time to read this thread. I tried to have a text generator read it to me but it was horrific electronic verbal diarrhea. So I'm assuming it matches this thread's tone and something horrific is happening???

Anyway, Echo will be released on Overwatch's PTR server tomorrow. We got bombed with a lot of lore that surely helps OW2. rip Echo's mommy. Of course her lore is sad. When is OW's lore NOT sad? :^(

As for Pokemon, I've stumbled across a Discord+bot that will create Pokemon for us non-hackers. We can use PkHex to code up a 100% legit looking Pokemon. The bot also gives you an exact PkHex/PK8 file of the thing you traded them. So you can trade them a Hatterene, just change the ball its in, and get it back. It'd be 100% the same as the thing you traded them - except she's in a different ball ofc. I've actually been trading Pokemon I already caught and just changing the balls they're in and giving them better IVs/EVs/making them level 100. So I already did all the hard work... Now I'm just doing it for specific aesthetics and other dumb things lmao.

Lastly I found a new gawdess to worship, I think I might be late to the church gathering tho.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Another thing, The Dragon Prince seems intriguing. Apparently Sokka's voice actor, James DeSena, voices Callum. And Amaya is badass.
I'd definitely recommend The Dragon Prince, especially if you're a fan of the Avatar franchise. The animation in the first few episodes is very rocky and hard to get used to, but it improves, and the 3rd season has some pacing issues, but other than that there's no big problems. The writing is great, the worldbuliding is pretty solid and the characters are the best part of the show by far. Even the villains are complex and likeable. It's a good time if you're into that kind of stuff, but that's just my opinion.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Might as well ask.

If any of you wanted me to make a custom archetype or custom card for YGO. What would you like me to make?

Also, just gonna leave some more. But this time, on the Fate series (FINALLY! Something that isn't Fire Emblem, lol.)

1584615621010.png

1584615638013.png

1584615646585.png

1584615657799.png

1584615678793.png
1584615697534.png

1584615717486.png

1584615727277.png

1584615737451.png
1584615780013.png

1584616142189.png

1584615800994.png

1584615809643.png

1584615819048.png

Also, I'm still waiting on UNICLR getting updated on Switch. So I can attempt to finish Eltnum's Missions, since I do wanna use her alongside Enkidu.

By the way, have any of you seen the Sonic fangame, Sonic Smackdown? It looks nutty and from what I've seen, it's basically UMvC3, except without assists. It is just. Wow.

1584616307447.png

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
BRRREATHTAKING Narcian's 43 HP, 35 Atk, 34 Spd, 37 Def, and 18 Res gives him a glorious 167 BST. He's... Cordelia before the resplendent thing happened giving her 37/37 neutral offenses. On the bright side, his BST is factored into arena unlike any of the resplendent heroes whose +2 to all their stats is just that: +2 to all their stats. That's in terms of offense as they had to snub him 1 point of speed from letting him have 35/35 neutral offenses or even 35/36 like hot springs Ryoma. A closer comparison would be Cormag and Valter given he shares their low resistance, but neither of them are summonable, so they do not have access to assets or flaws. Now, compared to his other magnificent axe-wielding self, +1 HP, +6 Atk, +5 Spd, +5 Def, and -8 Res.
I got two of them; one is +DEF, the other is +SPD.

I think I'm going to go +DEF. It basically makes him a better version of my +4 +DEF Hinoka which is kind of insane.

I'll be more okay staying at home once Pirate Warriors comes out next week, but until then it's going by slllloooowwwllllyyyy.
I'm still not sure if I want to pre-order it for the two costumes or wait for your review / take on it.

HW really spoiled me on costumes and the lack of them in PW3 and FEW still annoys the hell out of me.

That, and PW4 having a 9 person DLC Character pass...when they removed 7 characters from the previous game. HMM I WONDER WHO THEY WILL BE??1?

One Piece games did this before IIRC with Burning Blood where they made this huge deal trying to hype up who the DLC characters were going to be...but everyone knew it was Garp and Lucci because it was the only explanation for why they weren't in the game to begin with.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Animal Crossing release day hype! I spent hours resetting for a good fruit and 2 decent starting villagers, but it was worth it. Gameplay stuff under the spoiler in case people haven't played yet, even though there's not much to spoil anyway.

It seems you always start with a male and female pair of villagers: an uchi (the "big sister" personality introduced in New Leaf) and a jock. The only new villager I spotted during my hours of resetting was a dark brown female horse named Reneigh whom I wish I had kept. I got an island with her + Goose and pears as the island's fruit, but I stupidly reset. I settled on an island with oranges as the fruit (though I would've preferred pears) and Deirdre and Tybalt as my starting villagers. Apparently Tybalt is from the JP-only Animal Forest which is why I didn't initially recognize him, but he's a tiger who wears a sweatshirt so he's cool in my book. The day resets at 5 AM in New Horizons, so by playing at midnight, going to sleep and then playing again later in the day, I was able to grind enough Nook Miles to buy a house and enough materials/donations to build the museum and the shop. I met Flurrie on one of the deserted island tours and invited her to move to my island, so hopefully she'll join me tomorrow. I have amiibo cards of some of my favorite villagers (Zucker, Beau, Diana, Sprinkles, etc.) , so I'm pretty sure I can have them move in eventually too.

New Horizons is already so much fun and well worth the wait.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
1584868911022.png

1584792889122.png

1584793008215.png

1584870545489.png

1584793016551.png

1584793023881.png

1584793030879.png

1584869929299.png

1584793039251.png

Animal Crossing release day hype! I spent hours resetting for a good fruit and 2 decent starting villagers, but it was worth it. Gameplay stuff under the spoiler in case people haven't played yet, even though there's not much to spoil anyway.

It seems you always start with a male and female pair of villagers: an uchi (the "big sister" personality introduced in New Leaf) and a jock. The only new villager I spotted during my hours of resetting was a dark brown female horse named Reneigh whom I wish I had kept. I got an island with her + Goose and pears as the island's fruit, but I stupidly reset. I settled on an island with oranges as the fruit (though I would've preferred pears) and Deirdre and Tybalt as my starting villagers. Apparently Tybalt is from the JP-only Animal Forest which is why I didn't initially recognize him, but he's a tiger who wears a sweatshirt so he's cool in my book. The day resets at 5 AM in New Horizons, so by playing at midnight, going to sleep and then playing again later in the day, I was able to grind enough Nook Miles to buy a house and enough materials/donations to build the museum and the shop. I met Flurrie on one of the deserted island tours and invited her to move to my island, so hopefully she'll join me tomorrow. I have amiibo cards of some of my favorite villagers (Zucker, Beau, Diana, Sprinkles, etc.) , so I'm pretty sure I can have them move in eventually too.

I got New Horizons myself. So far, I've made some slow progress, but hey. It's progress.

So far, I have Blathers' Museum under construction as I found him 15 Specimens, I'm now after 23 Iron Nuggets to help Tom Nook build his shop and I got almost every Good Tool, except the Watering Can. And Dom being the absolute bro he is, gave me 5 Iron Nuggets. I cannot thank him enough for that. But alas, I'll be hunting for more Iron Nuggets by breaking rocks. Go me!

Also, I named my island after my first main in BBTAG. Gordeau.

1584870799256.png

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I wish I could get more into Animal Crossing.

The 3DS was nice because I actually played those sort of slice-and-life-sims for the first time in a few different ways. First there was New Leaf (then Story of Seasons and Rune Factory 4 to contrast) which occupied me for a time, but I ended up...burned out, I guess(?) due to the real-time mechanics. It was still a "Pick Up and Play" game which I'm looking for and was looking for then, but I didn't really like that I could actually run out of things to do for the day and would have to play at specific times in the day to do particular things.

New Horizons looks fun, but I was watching Alpharad stream it the other day and immediately went to teleporting four or five in-game days worth of content in a single stream. Like, I know that's how you get around the clock problem but I'd rather just not have the clock problem to begin with, you know?

Also EODM07 EODM07

Introducing the gameplay trailer for Everyday Today's Menu for the Emiya Family, the Fate spinoff where everyone is happy and cooks and eats good food and no one dies in horribly traumatic ways. Instant GOTY + Sunday slot at EVO, clearly.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Me breaking quarantine just to get some more snackies and sodie pop:

I'm currently on Day 4 (or5???) of Animal Crossing NH. It took about 2 hours worth of resetting but I finally got a tolerable island layout and 2 villagers who looked OK enough. So I wound up with Oranges as my fruit, with my 2 starters being Hazel and Lyman. I named my Island "Oravev" because it's kinda fun to say, has the same number of letter as "Orange" and ofc has ORA as in ORAnges. So ya. That took 30 minutes to figure out because I wanted an Island that wasn't super set on one theme. Like you see the name and go "idk???"

Today Beau moved in after I stumbled across him on a mystery island. I also got the museum and Nook's Cranny up and running. I heard we can get villagers by using specific NFC tags/stickers and some basic NFC writing with a cellphone. So basically making bootleg amiibo.

I only played New Leaf and tbh don't have extreme attachment to one or the other. Just no creepers like Stitches or Coco. Get those demon heauxes out of here thnx I am easily frightened. The weirdos aside, the only villager I absolutely hate is Axel. In New Leaf he moved in right next to my house and ruined everything. Then he just wouldn't leave. rip New Leaf. :^(((

I like the progression much more in this game than New Leaf. It's more fun to start from scratch. I just wish we had 4 rows of inventory instead of 3 rows of inventory. Or a separate inventory for tools.

Can you... Really spoil Animal Crossing, tho? lol

I got New Horizons myself. So far, I've made some slow progress, but hey. It's progress.

So far, I have Blathers' Museum under construction as I found him 15 Specimens, I'm now after 23 Iron Nuggets to help Tom Nook build his shop and I got almost every Good Tool, except the Watering Can. And Dom being the absolute bro he is, gave me 5 Iron Nuggets. I cannot thank him enough for that. But alas, I'll be hunting for more Iron Nuggets by breaking rocks. Go me!

Also, I named my island after my first main in BBTAG. Gordeau.
The Nook Islands usually have lotsa iron. It's your best chance for finding gold as well. Also the 1st 3 times you go you will see a random character you can recruit to your town.

The 3DS was nice because I actually played those sort of slice-and-life-sims for the first time in a few different ways. First there was New Leaf (then Story of Seasons and Rune Factory 4 to contrast) which occupied me for a time, but I ended up...burned out, I guess(?) due to the real-time mechanics. It was still a "Pick Up and Play" game which I'm looking for and was looking for then, but I didn't really like that I could actually run out of things to do for the day and would have to play at specific times in the day to do particular things.

New Horizons looks fun, but I was watching Alpharad stream it the other day and immediately went to teleporting four or five in-game days worth of content in a single stream. Like, I know that's how you get around the clock problem but I'd rather just not have the clock problem to begin with, you know?
I find that there's enough to do, because we now have achievements and 2 different currencies to farm. There's also crafting, so getting materials for that will take up time. Al was just being super impatient for streaming purposes or whatever it may be. Anyway, we can easily time travel thanks to how the switch is set. And we won't get screwed over... As long as we never go back in time. Which is fair.

They changed how spawns work so now the land won't be dead for 5-10 minutes. The villagers are a little more engaging. There's more flower types and tree types. So things should be plentiful to do. Though if you just want to skip the progression and go right to terraforming/town building, then you time skip... But after you get your desired town and villagers, then what's there to do? Babysit the game everyday? That sounds like a chore imo. :^(

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo One more Custom YGO card I made based on Fate. You're welcome.

1585044157272.png

Edit: Last batch I've made, time to put them in a spoiler! :yeahboi:

1585052309413.png

1585052192782.png

1585050936764.png

1585050943791.png

1585050953685.png

1585050963464.png

1585050975333.png

If you're curious on what the archetype is supposed to do, they focus on their Field Spells and getting Special Summons out. I got inspiration from Triamids and Charging Gaia The Fierce Knight. So go me for making it a consistent archetype, whereas that Fire Emblem one I did was just all over the place, lol.

Also EODM07 EODM07

Introducing the gameplay trailer for Everyday Today's Menu for the Emiya Family, the Fate spinoff where everyone is happy and cooks and eats good food and no one dies in horribly traumatic ways. Instant GOTY + Sunday slot at EVO, clearly.

It's the anime version of Cooking Mama. If I can be bothered, I'll check this out.

The Nook Islands usually have lotsa iron. It's your best chance for finding gold as well. Also the 1st 3 times you go you will see a random character you can recruit to your town.
Don't worry, already did that the day before. So far, I've got a bridge to see later today and gather more items and resources to help these other houses to be made. One of them is already done, another is 50% done and one I haven't even started on yet. So big oof.

Also, I went and bought La-Mulana on Switch too. I remember watching someone do an LP of it years ago, so I thought "Why not? I'll get it too."

1585044537312.png

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo One more Custom YGO card I made based on Fate. You're welcome.
I like it.

Much like any time there are younger/older versions of a character in Fate, the Tamamo Nine all utterly loathe one another. You basically have three of them willing to set aside their differences for a single attack, then they immediately have a massive fight and they all storm off in separate directions.

It would never work in practice, but thematically I could see a card like that which sends the other two Tamamos to the graveyard (or it's a series of coin tosses for each Tamamo on the field if they go to Deck or Graveyard). Basically the magic card would give great burst damage but as you use it multiple times your deck gets progressively weaker until you've run out of other Tamamos in your deck.

But that's when you can have your Boss Monster, something like 'Tamamo-no-Mae Ascended: Amaterasu Reborn". The final Tamamo can absorb the fallen Tamamos out of the graveyard to summon her primordial self from the extra deck.

Cress! Cress!

> Reduced device strain on certain in-game screens

I might actually be able to play the game again without resorting to Nox!

EDIT: Also resorting to Nox isn't possible cause Nintendo made it emulator proof a year ago oops

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I like it.

Much like any time there are younger/older versions of a character in Fate, the Tamamo Nine all utterly loathe one another. You basically have three of them willing to set aside their differences for a single attack, then they immediately have a massive fight and they all storm off in separate directions.

It would never work in practice, but thematically I could see a card like that which sends the other two Tamamos to the graveyard (or it's a series of coin tosses for each Tamamo on the field if they go to Deck or Graveyard). Basically the magic card would give great burst damage but as you use it multiple times your deck gets progressively weaker until you've run out of other Tamamos in your deck.

But that's when you can have your Boss Monster, something like 'Tamamo-no-Mae Ascended: Amaterasu Reborn". The final Tamamo can absorb the fallen Tamamos out of the graveyard to summon her primordial self from the extra deck.
Someone who I talk to on Discord about this says that the card I made is overpowered. Since all three are high ATK monsters with effects that activate when Special Summoned.

Tamamo no Mae allows you to activate a Field Spell directly from your Deck or GY.
Relaxing Fox, Tamamo allows you to return 2 Field Spells in your GY to your Deck, and then lets you draw 1 card.
And Tamacat, Tamamo provides protection to a card in your Field Zone.
And then the FOOL! version simply acts as a Hand Trap.

But it's more on that this allows for Generic plays like Synchro, Xyz and Link Summoning

So I'll probably add an errata saying that they cannot be used as material for any of those summons and their effects are negated. Which I can do right now.

1585127305744.png

There we go. If you're curious on what I use to make these. I use this website Buddhahobo Buddhahobo :
Yugioh Card Maker

Unfortunately, it doesn't have the layouts for Pendulum or Link monsters. But oh well.

Also, I made that suggested Boss monster Buddhahobo Buddhahobo . :yeahboi:

1585215819788.png

If you wanna see the rest of the custom cards I made, they're in spoilers on this page in previous posts I've made.

1585128207023.png

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Cress! Cress! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE THIS IS NOT A DRILL

SURPRISE NINTENDO DIRECT CAME OUT TODAY

BRAVELY DEFAULT II DEMO OUT RIGHT NOW

ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS DRESSES LIKE A MAFIOSO, TALKS LIKE SEAN CONNERY, AND IS NAMED ELVIS

I SWEAR TO GOD HE BETTER HAVE A MUSICIAN CLASS

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

BRAVELY DEFAULT II OUT RIGHT NOW

ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS DRESSES LIKE A MAFIOSO, TALKS LIKE SEAN CONNERY, AND IS NAMED ELVIS

ExCuSe MeEeEe???

It's out???

But I'm in the middle of Animal Crossing wtf aaasagfyfbhgffddjkgdsatyi

o btw found a husbando in the most unlikely of places:
90466946_3073947895989082_1418302843722399744_o.jpg

90777192_3073947902655748_5428912063135088640_o.jpg

90113544_3073947009322504_3724495106791702528_o.jpg

91309962_3073947005989171_2433363276881461248_o.jpg

90298598_3073947015989170_2572790997780004864_o.jpg

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

BRAVELY DEFAULT II DEMO OUT RIGHT NOW

JUST BRING BACK PERFORMER SINCE THE GUYS ALREADY WEAR AN ELVIS OUTFIT.
ELVIS ELVIS

Also why did the demo have to come out today, I have classwork to do today and PW4 comes out tomorrow :[
And speaking of that...
I'm still not sure if I want to pre-order it for the two costumes or wait for your review / take on it.

HW really spoiled me on costumes and the lack of them in PW3 and FEW still annoys the hell out of me.

That, and PW4 having a 9 person DLC Character pass...when they removed 7 characters from the previous game. HMM I WONDER WHO THEY WILL BE??1?

One Piece games did this before IIRC with Burning Blood where they made this huge deal trying to hype up who the DLC characters were going to be...but everyone knew it was Garp and Lucci because it was the only explanation for why they weren't in the game to begin with.
It looks like PW4 has less outfits than even 3 rip. Although they may add more through free updates later? We'll see.

I don't think they'll include the past characters in the DLC? The website has this:
"Note that some characters from OPPW3 (both playable and non) will not be returning."
It sounds more like they won't come back at all, at least that's how I'm interpreting it.

Anyways the game isn't even out yet and I've already learned some tech like taunt canceling loloops.

Moving onto the Mini Direct, my call for the ARMS character (as one of the 3 people that actually played ARMS) is Max Brass. He's a notable character, and sorta became a second protag when Coyle was released. He's got some of Spring Lad's traits, but he would also add a new heavyweight to the roster. He makes the most sense to me at least. Second pick would be Ribbon Gorl since she's also a poster character of sorts.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
o btw found a husbando in the most unlikely of places:
Your taste is impeccable, sis. Beau is also one of my favorite villagers and he's one of the ones I'll move in using the amiibo cards when I can.

Also I saw this relevant tweet earlier today and had to share:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

also mini ACNH "spoilers":
Apparently the first villager to visit your campsite must move onto your island because there was no option to say no. I assume it's set to always be a smug villager because I got Ed the horse (ew). I thought it was Julian at first and almost freaked out, but rip. Ed is ugly and doesn't deserve to live on my island, so after he moves in, I'll hit him with my net until he asks to leave lmao.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, the Easter event for Animal Crossing looks pretty nice and relaxing.

Is it easy to get people to leave your Island (not that the game has been out for that long)?

My two favorite villagers in New Leaf was Kyle the Fox and Margie the Elephant.

And then there was ****ing Flo the Penguin, the villager I never wanted and could never get to leave. I have both of my good villagers talk about moving away twice and this ****** just refused to go away.

If any of your gorls get Kyle, plz give the stoopid boi a chance.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh, so, I caught up with Steven Universe Future.

Apparently if Steven goes towards muscular/bara territory, even slightly, he becomes a murderous diamond boi.

Ya. Sounds about right.

Anyway, here's some good content for all to enjoy:

And unlike Steven Universe, this content won't make you FEAAAAAAAAAAAAAR what's going to happen next.

Like. Uh. Rebecca Sugar why??? I just wanted a cute show that ties up all the loose ends and everyone gets happily ever after and there's cute songs and stuff. Not emotional trauma being poured directly into my feels through a TV screen. Rebecca's the kween of whiplash. The movie did not warn me of what was to come. I thought I was going on a nice cruise to Happyland. Not a cruise to Cry Time Island. aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Your taste is impeccable, sis. Beau is also one of my favorite villagers and he's one of the ones I'll move in using the amiibo cards when I can.

Also I saw this relevant tweet earlier today and had to share:

Apparently the first villager to visit your campsite must move onto your island because there was no option to say no. I assume it's set to always be a smug villager because I got Ed the horse (ew). I thought it was Julian at first and almost freaked out, but rip. Ed is ugly and doesn't deserve to live on my island, so after he moves in, I'll hit him with my net until he asks to leave lmao.
So far I was blessT with Apple and Margie as my other 2 villagers. My Resident Center thing is being built up today. I guess tomorrow I'll get the campsite?

btw I heard it's better to just straight up ignore the character you want to get rid of. Just chat with everyone else. Ed looks OK at least. The ugly or oddly put-together characters wind up being endearing from what I've seen. The characters with stitched eyes or empty eye holes tho??? no thnx

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is it easy to get people to leave your Island (not that the game has been out for that long)?
I assume you have to have a full town before anyone starts asking to leave because I'm pretty sure that's how it used to work. From what I've seen on reddit, though, it's still annoying to get them to leave. Ignoring villagers seems to not work anymore (or at least not as well as in the past), so people have been saying to hit your unwanted villagers with nets too, but idk if that actually does anything. After tolerating enough abuse and isolation, one day the villager will get a black (?) thought bubble above their head and you can convince them to leave. You can also report villagers to Isabelle once you unlock her, but I think that's only for resetting inappropriate catchphrases and stuff like that.

So far I was blessT with Apple and Margie as my other 2 villagers. My Resident Center thing is being built up today. I guess tomorrow I'll get the campsite?
The island tours blessT me with Flurry and Audie (new red/yellow wolf if you haven't seen her). Audie is pretty cool and she was apparently named after a grandma who had over 3500 hours on New Leaf. Cube is my other villager because he randomly bought the last empty plot that Tom Nook has you build. I actually don't mind him much, but I probably won't keep him because I have other favorites.

But yeah, Nook will have you build the campsite once your Resident Services building is complete. I think you have to wait another day for a villager to use it, though.
btw I heard it's better to just straight up ignore the character you want to get rid of. Just chat with everyone else.
I've heard conflicting reports about that. Some people have said that speaking to villagers one time when they move in and then never again is the way to go, but then others have said that they never spoke to a certain villager and yet only their favorites would ask to leave. I'm pretty sure it's all random as to who'll ask to move out and there's no real way to control it.

The characters with stitched eyes or empty eye holes tho??? no thnx
Yeah, the soulless voids Coco calls eyes are terrifying, but I do like Stitches ngl. I had him in my NL town and I grew to appreciate him, even with the unsettling X eyes.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
That Direct came out of left field, but time to give my thoughts on it:

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT LOOKS GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL! I NEEEEEED THAT EU COLLECTOR'S SET TOO! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The Future Connected Epilogue looks amazing too! I'm actually very curious if we'll see Xenoblade 2 characters appear in that Epilogue, it would be so awesome if we do. Also, Alvis now has a Core Crystal similar to Pyra and Mythra's.
2K's Games: Borderlands, Bioshock and XCOM all coming to Switch? That's pretty nifty if you ask me.
UA3 Wave 4: Neat. We finally see Doom return. But the sooner he Foot Dives some people, the better. I miss hearing him yell "FOOT DIVE!" or just going "FOOT-FOOT DIVE!" As seen here.
Shinsekai: Ehhhh. Not that interested in it to be honest.
ACNH: Ayy! Bunny Day is almost upon us, and that'll be fun. Also, I can mention this. Resident Services on my island have closed for today, so I'll be doing the daily routine and hopefully I can still buy stuff from the machine, if not then oof. Also, I still need to go and visit some of your islands as well.
Goob Job!: Okay, this looks hilariously silly. I wouldn't mind picking this up.
Catherine Full Body: I can't get over the fact there's a competitive scene for this game, I recall seeing a bit of it at AnimEVO. As for the game? Not really my thing tbh.
Ring Fit Adventure: Nice to see there's new ways to get fit. I wonder how the Hololive Members will react to this.
King's Bounty II: Eh. I'll skip on this.
Smash Bros. Ultimate: I genuinely want Min-Min or Twintelle to make it into Smash. If not them, I can see Mechanica making it in instead.
ARMS Trial Version: Neat-o.
Bravely Default II: I still need to get the demo, I think I'll do that later today.
51 Worldwide Games: Eh.
Ninjala: ...How long has this game been in development for again?
STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy: No thanks. I feel like I've lost interest in anything owned by Disney now. And that'll also be a skip on STAR WARS Racer too.
Panzer Dragoon Remake: This looks great. I'll need to give it a shot, also I wonder when the House of the Dead remakes will come out.

Quick-Fire Round Time:
Trials of Mana: Cult classic, still need to pick it up.
FUSER: No thanks.
Elder Scrolls: Blades: Nope. Not interested in this. I mean, how much did Bethesda pay their audience to get hyped for this?
Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus: Meh. Not too invested on this.
Vigor: Seems to be a generic shooter. Skip.
Burnout Paradise: Huh. I think my friend might be interested in this. Maybe.
Saints Row IV: I recall my sister loving Saints Row III, I dunno whether to get this or not. Hmm...
Legend of Heroes: Trials of Cold Steel III: PSSSST.... NOTHING PERSONNEL..........KID. But in all seriousness, due to me being a big weeb, I might give it a shot.
Mr. DRILLER DrillLand: Eh.
Minecraft Dungeons: Maybe? Maybe not. I dunno.

Pokemon Sword & Shield Expansion: I call dibs on Water style for Urshifu. I am looking forward to this as well. Might catch a Dedenne and name it after my Dedenne that helped me so much during my Y playthrough.

Overall, I'd say this is about 3.5 :4zelda:s out of 5. There was some nifty stuff here. But I feel like there was a bunch of filler too. Not a lot of interesting titles, but the ones that did interest, OHHHHH BOY did they really hook me in. Xenoblade, Sword & Shield, Bravely Default II and Good Job! seem very fun and interesting.

But from what I saw on the Japanese Direct, they showed off the following:
桃太郎電鉄 ~昭和 平成 令和も定番!~
プロ野球 ファミスタ
不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン5plus フォーチュンタワーと運命のダイス
Uta Prince-sama♪Amazing Aria & Sweet Seranade Love
Seven Knights
GNOSIA
eBASEBALLパワフルプロ野球2020
Fairy Tail

I couldn't get the rest up due to there being no information on the titles they showed off in the description. But at least I got some of them, right?

1585307138856.png

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay day 1 impressions on PW4.

This game feels SO different from any other Warriors game and you'll definitely need some time to adjust. It feels a bit clunky for the first few hours, but once it clicks it flows so smoothly. Especially the sky type characters, I was playing Ichiji a bit before typing this and you literally just fly around the map destroying everything and juggling enemies until they die and it's so speedy and smooth and fun and hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I need to unlock Marco soon, I was already looking forward to him but now I need to play him.
Another odd change I noticed, it doesn't seem like you level up characters anymore? You still use coins to upgrade different aspects for each character but that seems to be the only way to improve them. That should be less annoying to deal with later on I imagine.
The game seems genuinely difficult as well which caught me off guard. I heard that it was beforehand and set the difficulty to normal instead of hard, but even then I've died twice and caught myself at low health often. So, wow I need to pay attention to what I'm doing for the first time in a Warriors game in years.

Most of the downsides seem to just be because I got the Switch version. The graphics and framerate can be a bit uggo. Loading times can kinda drag on. Online multiplayer is basically dead (and it doesn't really seem to work either from what I've tried). But the framerate, graphics, and loading times are all problems I've only seen on the Switch version. And most of the playerbase is on the PS4, and the online seems to work well enough over there. But even with all of that, the game is still perfectly playable, and I'm honestly surprised. The Switch really shouldn't be able to handle this game.
I don't think they'll include the past characters in the DLC? The website has this:
"Note that some characters from OPPW3 (both playable and non) will not be returning."
It sounds more like they won't come back at all, at least that's how I'm interpreting it.
Also this was wrong lmao. A few characters got datamined and 4 of them were cut characters. One of the new ones was named Baby 5 or something like that? idk One Piece so I have no idea who that is oop. And the remaining 4 DLC characters still seem to be a mystery.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
One more errata made to that card you thought of Buddhahobo Buddhahobo .

1585391427327.png

You're welcome. :yeahboi: (Making custom cards is quite fun tbh. I wonder what else you all would think of.)

Also, I'll need to get my Dodo code so I can visit any of your Islands when I have the chance in ACNH.

And I just saw last week's episode of My Hero Academia. Eri's smile is something we must protect.

1585391487498.png

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Also this was wrong lmao. A few characters got datamined and 4 of them were cut characters. One of the new ones was named Baby 5 or something like that? idk One Piece so I have no idea who that is oop. And the remaining 4 DLC characters still seem to be a mystery.
I'm both unsurprised and utterly shocked.

That they would remove Enel just blows my mind.

He was the main antagonist for one of the primary Part 1 arcs, same as Crocodile, Lucci, and Buggy.

Like, One Piece games don't like acknowledging Part 1 occurred, I get it. There are One Piece readers who weren't even alive when Part 1 ended. But there are four mandatory characters that, if you want to make fans of the first 10 years of the show happy, you put into the game...

Perona is also a surprising one. She doesn't have that much significance, but I always thought she was well liked and they already removed her captain (Moria Gecko).

Most of the downsides seem to just be because I got the Switch version. The graphics and framerate can be a bit uggo. Loading times can kinda drag on. Online multiplayer is basically dead (and it doesn't really seem to work either from what I've tried). But the framerate, graphics, and loading times are all problems I've only seen on the Switch version. And most of the playerbase is on the PS4, and the online seems to work well enough over there. But even with all of that, the game is still perfectly playable, and I'm honestly surprised. The Switch really shouldn't be able to handle this game.
Eh, Switch is the only thing I'd get it on.

It sounds like the underlying engine is different enough that PW3 Gold would still be a good purchase on the switch, and that has a tendency of going on sale every other month or so for like $13.

Have you got a chance to play as Big Mama or Kaido yet? One of the primary reasons they built a brand new engine for PW4 was to add giant characters like them, wondering how they play compared to, say, the Great Fairy (which was probably the best they could do on the old engine).

Last edited:
xenoblade definitive edition hyyyype

hoping that they re-casted jenna coleman for melia (in future connected, since i assume they reused the voices for the base game? correct me here if i'm wrong) but i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally doubt it especially after watching the japanese trailer for the game

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
NieR stuff? Somehow stumbled upon it while staying up late. Replicant is getting a PC, PS4, and Xbox One port or remaster. Considering it's for PC, hopefully worldwide as Replicant was Japan-only.

Additionally, a new title was announced: NieR Re[in]carnation. Here's the teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGmbdO3u7o. The subtitle Re[in]carnation is curious. Perhaps it's just a stylized thing, but my mind went to "carnation" as in the flower and considering the language of flowers, possibly has meaning to this game. NieR being born from Drakengard is wonderful and I hope one day Drakengard can captivate as many people as NieR: Automata did.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Have you got a chance to play as Big Mama or Kaido yet? One of the primary reasons they built a brand new engine for PW4 was to add giant characters like them, wondering how they play compared to, say, the Great Fairy (which was probably the best they could do on the old engine).
Unlocking characters takes time, it might be a few more days until I get them.

Day 2 thoughts!
  • ROBIN CAN MAKE CLONES OF HASELF AND THEY COPY WHATEVER YOU DO. GORL. G O R L. She's also much faster than she was in 3 so that's a pretty great touch too. She seems to be missing her grabs though (which were her best attacks previously) but these changes make her ridiculously fun to play so I'll take it.
  • Franky feels so much better to play than in 3, he also seems a bit faster but the big thing is they removed his cola gimmick. Good, it was a trash gimmick.
  • Hancock also feels better. It feels nice going through the characters I didn't enjoy so much in 3, and seeing how much they've changed for the better.
  • ...although Usopp still sucks. Haven't tried Chopper yet but I don't expect much from him oops.
  • Also Law's still a bit awkward with his over-reliance on room. But I noticed that his portrait when he's speaking has him wearing the Dynasty Warriors outfit if you're wearing it, so it's cool to see that they added that small change for the preorder costumes.
  • Ichiji is still one of the most, maybe THE most fun character in a Warriors game to me. I don't know who this red power ranger wannabe is or why he's here, but I'm glad he is here.
  • Also I didn't mention this before but the maps are really nice and varied. Some stages even have STAIRS leading to DIFFERENT FLOORS. Yes I freaked out over stairs in a video game but I was surprised okay.
  • I've gotten used to the questionable graphics and framerate, but the load times still drag on.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Pirate Warriors 4 is the next game I'm interested in. I'm not spending money on video games, but my birthday is in April, so I can hopefully get it then. I haven't played any Pirate Warriors games, so I'll just have to see what it's like.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
  • I'm finally understanding Bartolomeo! He's weird since he's kinda slow and has poor range and damage and juggles, but then at times he'll just decide to completely deleTe the enemy's shield gauge, or do a ton of damage. He definitely has a learning curve.
  • I tried a 4 player online game. 2 of the other players were Kaido and the game seemed to run about the same as it does in single player so that's nice. Also the people calling that the giant characters would be the most dominant ones online were right. I was Ichiji and it was pretty much impossible to keep up with the 2 Kaidos since I was so smol. It'd probably be more fun if you were able to get a group of friends and agreed to not use the giants.
  • I thought I was doing well with Sanji, but then Swillo had to put up a Sanji video and dang he made Sky Walk look ridiculous. I can barely control it, so I guess I need to work on that. Serious props to Swillo because... wow you can really do that.
  • Cavendish is nice-ish at base, but I feel like there's no reason to pick him until you unlock Hakuba. Cavendish without Hakuba is like Zelda without ha sparkles.
  • I still don't have Marco yet. Can I have him now game please please please please pl

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Final Field Support I could think of for that Custom Fate support.

1585557957034.png

Edit: Nuts to it, have some more. :V

1585650258487.png

1585650265447.png

1585650275038.png

1585650283744.png

1585650812915.png

xenoblade definitive edition hyyyype

hoping that they re-casted jenna coleman for melia (in future connected, since i assume they reused the voices for the base game? correct me here if i'm wrong) but i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally doubt it especially after watching the japanese trailer for the game
It would be nice, however I feel like due to how big she has gotten, I don't think that will be possible. Oh well, I've played Xenoblade with Japanese voices, still can't get over that Dunban is voiced by Ryo Horikawa, the voice of both Captain Falcon and Vegeta.

Speaking of Japan, I plan on watching the Konosuba movie when I can. Looking forward to it to be honest.

And I'm kind of stuck on La-Mulana, I managed to beat the boss in the Temple of the Sun, however I don't know where to go. I could go into the Temple to the right of the Sun, since that and Twin Labyrinths are the only areas I can go to to make any progress. Can't do much in Endless Corridor and I'm stumped on what to do in Mausoleum of the Giants. Oof.

1585557337098.png

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'd definitely recommend The Dragon Prince, especially if you're a fan of the Avatar franchise. The animation in the first few episodes is very rocky and hard to get used to, but it improves, and the 3rd season has some pacing issues, but other than that there's no big problems. The writing is great, the worldbuliding is pretty solid and the characters are the best part of the show by far. Even the villains are complex and likeable. It's a good time if you're into that kind of stuff, but that's just my opinion.
That's good to read. I did listen to a video that talked about the animation and improvement from the first season to the second season before when you posted. The show caught my eye when I checked Avatar's wikipedia page and under legacy, it said that The Dragon Prince was inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender and Jack DeSena voiced Callum. Checked again when typing this and apparently the head writer of Avatar went on to co-create The Dragon Prince.

Speaking of Avatar, the Netflix live-action thing they're going to do with Avatar: The Last Airbender makes me wonder how that will go. The beauty of animation and video games is that it's easier to have people do crazy things than it is with real life; live action. Perhaps it's by coincidence, but seeing news every now and again of stuntmen getting into more and more serious injuries makes me concerned that we might be pushing things too far to make live-action films that spectacular, especially for superhero, high fantasy, sci-fi, etc. films. The other thing is making a good martial arts film and that brings to mind of the video by Every Frame a Painting about Jackie Chan and action comedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ.

Making good fight scenes is an art. You could make a good fight scene even if the actors aren't trained in or supposed to be doing a martial art, but the answer to how to make a good fight scene needs to be figured out.

Same with me. Animal Crossing, especially New Horizons, looks interesting and I became more intrigued by it when I followed Chuggaaconroy's let's play of New Leaf. I never picked up New Leaf and I don't have a Switch. I think you hit the nail for an aspect of Animal Crossing that I'm not too keen on and it's the time mechanic. Time mechanics are fine and they are still fine or can work while working under real time. Majora's Mask comes to mind as a game where the time mechanic worked really well and I can get lost in Stardew Valley and I remember liking what I played of Harvest Moon on the GameCube and PS2. Granted, those three games' time isn't real time and in the case of Majora's Mask and depending on how you play Stardew Valley, things can be frantic. Pacing is probably the other part of what makes Animal Crossing not click with me and it's for a weird reason: the game's way too chill. Animal Crossing is very relaxed while other games are more tense and perhaps if ever so slightly compared to Animal Crossing. Maybe I'm just an adrenaline junkie or stimulation addict. Although, considering the current situation of the world, a game as chill and relaxing as Animal Crossing might be needed.

Something else for me is that I might be subconsciously associating Animal Crossing with a negative experience. The first time I played Animal Crossing was when I rented it as a kid, but I was or got sick at the time. So, when I went to play it, I was tired and miserable. I remember renting the game again or even bought it, but the damage was done I suppose. I couldn't get into the game.

And music stuff. This was under the suggestions bar: "Become God" by Ghost Data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYDY7xuhwDU. The album art is a bit lewd. I'm getting a bit of synthwave from the song, but I'm not sure if Ghost Data's work is primarily synthwave.

Dark Harvest is another good one if you want a more poppy, upbeat song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK0g1RS_9jY. It feels crystal-y.

Inhuman has a wicked build up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCqdVbyMCYs.

For FEH, got bored (and desperate for more Echidna merges) and did four full summons instead of two on Bramimond's banner.
4* Catria: +Atk, -Res.
3* Kaze: +Atk, -Def.
4* Nanna: +Spd, -HP.
3* Reinhardt: +Spd, -Res.
3* Seliph: +Atk, -HP.
3* Chad: +Atk, -HP. He finally shows up and before Gaius gets a new dagger.
4* Jagen: +Atk, -Res.
4* Lachesis #1: +Res, -Spd.
4* Palla: +Res, -HP.
4* Wrys: +Atk, -HP.
4* Boey: neutral.
4* Lachesis #2: +Res, -Def.
5* Mamori: neutral.
3* Merric: +Spd, -Atk.
4* Shigure: +Atk, -Def.
3* Cecilia: +Res, -Def.
4* Eirika: +Res, -Atk.
3* Lilina: +Atk, -HP.
4* Raigh: +Res, -Spd.
4* Tharja: +Def, -Res.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Okay, put some hours into Bravely Default II demo, but first the most important piece of information:

Monks have a "Blazing Kick" attack that applies Fire weakness on enemies.

Which means Adelle literally Sets Fire to the Rain.

So the first big change is that random encounters are gone and we have actual enemies on the overworld that we can run into to initiate battle, like in a Tales game or Pokemon Go. They can notice you and attack or chase you, and you can sneak up behind and swipe at them for initiative. I think their chasing speed is based off their species. Also, if you're too strong they get scared and run away from you if you get too close which can potentially get annoying in cramped dungeons when you can walk faster than the scared enemy can run away and you walk into them anyway. Lastly, you can control the camera in the overworld which is nice, but then it can get annoying when you can do it in town or a dungeon when you can't find that last stupid treasure chest. Chests could also be more visually striking imo, you couldn't miss them in BD unless they were deliberately hidden which wasn't the case here.

There was no settings to change enemy rate, difficulty, or anything else but that might just of been because this is a demo.

The next big change is the game...kind of forgot what turn order is? There's no indication of what order characters are meant to go in and I'm honestly convinced it's completely random because I've had all of my characters go first at least once so it's not stats based.

Continuing on with battle mode, it was good ole' BD otherwise...sort of. I remember when I was playing BD I was definitely Defaulting a lot more, but I think I only really used it a handful of times throughout four hours of playing. You can speed up battle animations...but only during the animations, so you better be ready to brave multiple times if you accidentally set it to 4x cause that's your only chance of changing back back.

Partly in battle and more so in the menu, they mapped a bunch of things to the '-' and '+' buttons which is irksome because that isn't very comfortable on the joycons or the Pro controller, but then they went a step further in bothersome and the windows only stay up if you keep the button pressed. Something of a problem when it's things like "Battle Information" and "Skill Details". Why can't these be actual menus with face buttons acting as Go/Back?

Equipment has a boatload of stats including weight and you can spec a character to give them the greatest change of being targeted which is nifty. I can't remember if it was in BD?

Classes are Freelancer, Vanguard, White Mage, Black Mage, Monk, and once you complete the Demo there's Thief as well along with two super tough bonus bosses as far as I can tell.

Elvis curiously was introduced in his Black Mage attire in the trailer which imo he might as well of been cause his Freelancer look is pretty generic.

Music was all done by Revo. If you liked previous BD OSTs you'll love it, if you didn't you won't.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The next big change is the game...kind of forgot what turn order is? There's no indication of what order characters are meant to go in and I'm honestly convinced it's completely random because I've had all of my characters go first at least once so it's not stats based.
This combined with the fact that you choose what a character does when it's their turn instead of mapping out the whole turn's actions feels really awkward. It feels like they're trying to make the game more like Octopath, but without all of Octopath's mechanics so it falls apart a bit. Octopath still has its mechanic of giving BP at the start of each round, while it's given at the start of each characters' turn here? Also the turn order is a bit random, but Octopath had the forecast bar at the top so you could still prepare for that.

And I'm pretty sure the other Bravely games had a thing where if party members were within 5 speed of each other, then it would be a dice roll to see who would go first basically. So that was something that slightly weakened stuff like the Stillness - Hasten World strategy, since your Stillness person may go before all of your other party members (although the strat was still ridiculously broken).
Partly in battle and more so in the menu, they mapped a bunch of things to the '-' and '+' buttons which is irksome because that isn't very comfortable on the joycons or the Pro controller, but then they went a step further in bothersome and the windows only stay up if you keep the button pressed. Something of a problem when it's things like "Battle Information" and "Skill Details". Why can't these be actual menus with face buttons acting as Go/Back?
Also really annoying.
Equipment has a boatload of stats including weight and you can spec a character to give them the greatest change of being targeted which is nifty. I can't remember if it was in BD?
Yeah this is new. There might've been some gear that increased or decreased your chance of being targeted, but it was never a stat that was on all gear.
Music was all done by Revo. If you liked previous BD OSTs you'll love it, if you didn't you won't.
...I feel like this is the weakest Bravely soundtrack so far? It's nice but it doesn't have any of the kick or uniqueness that makes me want to listen to the tracks outside of the game, like Default's and Second's soundtracks do. It might change for the final release, since the same thing happened with Second between its first demo and the actual release (listen to it if you haven't already, this was the battle theme and this was the asterisk theme. I made this version of the asterisk theme one of my tracks on FD back when I hacked Sm4sh).
And this could all just be me being worried. I love both Default and Second, yet I hated both of their demos. So this might be another case of that (and I went in expecting to be iffy on it too).

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
My personal favourite April Fools’ was the one where everybody was Reggie. This is pretty close though. Cress! Cress! your picture is incredible.

Who makes the decision each year anyway? They’re a blessed soul.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
My personal favourite April Fools’ was the one where everybody was Reggie. This is pretty close though. Cress! Cress! your picture is incredible.

Who makes the decision each year anyway? They’re a blessed soul.
I think the Knuckles April Fools was a great one too. Fire Emblem one was funny though, most of us arguing over who got an avatar of one of our Fire Emblem waifus. Still remember when I think it was FullMoon (One of the Greninja players in 4) got Tharja as his avatar. :V

Also, I wanna ask Buddhahobo Buddhahobo this. If you could come up with a custom archetype or support in YGO using that Card Maker website I posted, what would you have it focus on?

Oh, it is now Bunny Day as well. I managed to get about 8 items crafted yesterday and I had CJ visit my island too, so I managed to make a lot of money. I think I am about halfway there on paying my debt to Tom for the 2nd Room. As for what I have made so far from the Bunny Day Series.

I made the bed, wallpaper, stool, clock, wreath, hat, dress and shoes. I'm gonna try and get the remaining items from that series, since Zipper gives you something for completing the whole series during the event. Should also mention that the clothes shop from the Abel Sisters will be open for me now. So that's good. :yeahboi:

Now onto other stuff, BBTAG wise. I've managed to save some recordings of ragequits I got in BBTAG. A bunch of these are against some infamous players. One who only plays Ragna/Ruby and does nothing but A Autocombos, next was from a Japanese player named タマ who will always ragequit if you beat him in Ranked (He's bad anyway) and only plays Ragna/Jin. And some others were against some RWBY fans (One played Yang/Blake, another played Neo/Ruby), and I got some against two players running Hilda. One with Hilda/Yumi and another with Es/Hilda. They both dropped to my Celica. lol

One more thing, I managed to find this of Justin & Feena's Japanese VAs talking about how they got their roles in Grandia. :yeahboi:

1585819493259.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
tbh I thought we'd have more posts here and also that I'd be posting more with the super-duper-official quarantine going on.

But ironically I'm busier than usual.
how does time do?
how do live?
how is world work?

Any spare time is spent playing Chores Simulator with Furries and also just idling in Chores Simulator for 5+ hours at a time. Anyway... I finally got a chance to log on to my computer after 7 days and have only been ****posting via phone. Non-****posting requires a computer ofc. AND I MISSED THE OVERWATCH APRIL FOOL'S DAY WHERE ALL HEROES HAD THEIR EYES REPLACED WITH GOOGLY EYES IN THE POTG VIDEOS OMG WOW CORONA TOOK MY TIME AND NOW IT'S STEALING MY JOY

On the plus side holy crap Fire Emblem Heroes is out here murdering every single gacha ever with just one update??? lmao not really tho

In order of appearance the TLDR is:

1) Most OP change is that Cassandra Lee Morris voices Feh now. :secretkpop:

2) Free random 5* Lord from all FE games including TokyoM. Done the same way as the free 5* seasonal units, except this time it includes 3*/4* Lords too. Other typical celebration stuff like GHB reruns and bonus maps incoming ofc.

3) Tween/Teen Marth and Caeda??? Apparently there will be other young Heroes from FE1. I guess this is their way to include hunky mercenary Wrys.

4) Limited Battles. Basically GHBs but with restrictions to units you're allowed to use or skills you can use.

5) Super specific Hero search filters added. Super neat for the gorls with 300+ units in their barracks.

6) Stuff we already knew - new rewards for the Lost Lore thing to make it less lame. Scrolls and Flowers ok thnx.

7) Most of last year's 4*/5* will now be 3*/4* so yay even more Norne/Brady summons for good gorls with good taste.

8) NEW HEROES + upcoming Bonds Event: Rinkah ew. Lilith yay. Midori ok. Forrest and he's 4*/5* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

9) For New Hero banners only: After 40 summons, you get to choose which 5* Hero you want. The counter includes free summons as well. That means for Forging Bonds, it takes 135 orbs to get a guaranteed 5* of your choosing. Along with whatever other 5*s you summon along the way. It lowkey discourages sniping too and is f2p friendly.

10) Absolutely nothing about the refines so we get to sit and suffer until the 4th. I wonder how they will they permanently move Gaius to the trash bin... :^)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
tbh I thought we'd have more posts here and also that I'd be posting more with the super-duper-official quarantine going on.

But ironically I'm busier than usual.
how does time do?
how do live?
how is world work?
Honestly sorta same? I didn't go out much anyways so not much has changed for me personally. But with all of my classes online, my professors think we have more free time and that we should be going through stuff faster. Why are we going through 3 lessons in Calculus in a single day, especially when this is apparently the most difficult chapter?? pls stop. I can only go through so many tests that see if a series is convergent before I snap.
On the plus side holy crap Fire Emblem Heroes is out here murdering every single gacha ever with just one update??? lmao not really tho

In order of appearance the TLDR is:

1) Most OP change is that Cassandra Lee Morris voices Feh now. :secretkpop:

2) Free random 5* Lord from all FE games including TokyoM. Done the same way as the free 5* seasonal units, except this time it includes 3*/4* Lords too. Other typical celebration stuff like GHB reruns and bonus maps incoming ofc.

3) Tween/Teen Marth and Caeda??? Apparently there will be other young Heroes from FE1. I guess this is their way to include hunky mercenary Wrys.

4) Limited Battles. Basically GHBs but with restrictions to units you're allowed to use or skills you can use.

5) Super specific Hero search filters added. Super neat for the gorls with 300+ units in their barracks.

6) Stuff we already knew - new rewards for the Lost Lore thing to make it less lame. Scrolls and Flowers ok thnx.

7) Most of last year's 4*/5* will now be 3*/4* so yay even more Norne/Brady summons for good gorls with good taste.

8) NEW HEROES + upcoming Bonds Event: Rinkah ew. Lilith yay. Midori ok. Forrest and he's 4*/5* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

9) For New Hero banners only: After 40 summons, you get to choose which 5* Hero you want. The counter includes free summons as well. That means for Forging Bonds, it takes 135 orbs to get a guaranteed 5* of your choosing. Along with whatever other 5*s you summon along the way. It lowkey discourages sniping too and is f2p friendly.

10) Absolutely nothing about the refines so we get to sit and suffer until the 4th. I wonder how they will they permanently move Gaius to the trash bin... :^)
ok but Dragalia gave us a pet puppy so Dragaia >>>>>>>>>>>> FEH

Really tho, FEH getting sparkling was completely unexpected! And for the cost, that's ridiculously cheap (Granblue makes you go through 300 summons before letting you pick your freebie). Just kinda wondering if it'll apply to legendary/mythic banners as well. Also it's a bit of a shame that it won't apply to older banners if you want to get merges on an older unit or you need fodder, but the fact that they added it at all is still very much welcomed.
Lilith is cool but I'm going to be very disappointed if she doesn't talk like @lilith_en

Meanwhile stuff is happening in Dragalia but I'm not really paying much attention to it, 50% because PUPPY and 50% because I have no clue how to understand what's happening anymore. Gleo, the strongest character in the game that defined the entire meta for the past 8 or so months, has now been outclassed by some launch day 3 star? They're adding a new healer that can't heal????? Are the devs okay because I feel like this is some strange call for help.

Also quick Pirate Warriors update, I got Marco and he's just as fun as I imagined him to be. u just get to be a birb and fly around everywhere and it makes me c:
Mihawk kinda sucks now but there's plenty of other fun characters so I really don't care, even if he was my secondary in 3.
Also I think I'm slowly starting to main Cavendish, Hakuba is addicting to use.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Good news anime wise.

I've watched the Konosuba Movie yesterday and I finished In/Spectre today. So I could give my thoughts on In/Spectre. Only thing I have to say about Konosuba's Movie was I like Sylvia. That is all.

Now onto In/Spectre since I haven't done an anime review in a while (Last one was probably Ace Attorney?). I'll say and I'll say it again.

WATCH IN/SPECTRE

It's a very good anime, it has a nice mixture of mystery, action and comedy thrown in too. Iwanaga and Kuro's chemistry is great and I like all of the mysteries and theory crafting that Iwanaga does. Music is fine I think, one of the tracks that plays during some thought provoking scenes is kind of catchy. Oh, and they've also started to pump out a Dub for the anime too. Dunno whether it'll be good or not.

1586078013225.png

But if I had to give it a score. Probably 4 :4zelda:s out of 5. Chemistry between the characters is great, how it can be thought provoking on its theory crafting, and the cast was very memorable. Especially Saki, Iwanaga and Kuro.

Shame we won't see Saki again. I liked her. Oh well.

Now I hope for a Season 2 whenever they announce it.

Oh, and Digimon Adventure's Reboot started airing. AND HOLY CRAP, THE OP IS SOOOO GOOD!

Onto gaming stuff. More specifically Duel Links.

I've reached DLv. MAX in Duel Links' current event, which is the KC Cup. This is my first time hitting DLv. MAX anyway. Usually I'd be around DLv. 16 - 18, but this is my first time hitting MAX. So that means if I can score enough points, I could get invited into the Nationals. As nice as that would be, I will probably pass on it. Since I feel like I would get tilted so damn hard from losing on stage or on stream. Oof.

But for those curious on what I ran, I used Aromas to get to MAX. Had to battle my way through Dark Magicians, Cyber Dragons, Blue-Eyes, Lunalight Neos, few Subterrors, Lightsworns, Invocations and had a few mirror matches too. Did also fight against a small bit of stall too. And to give my thoughts on Aromas... Yeah, they're viable now thanks to the Support they got in the new Mini BOX and the Card Trader getting their other support too. The Winds cards help them greatly (Humid Winds allows us to search for an Aroma monster from the Deck for 1000 LP, and lets us gain 500 if our LP is lower than the opponent's. Blessed Winds lets us discard from hand or field to gain 500 LP or return an Aroma to the Deck from the GY for 500. Or Special Summon from the GY at the cost of 1000 LP. And Dried Winds lets us destroy a face-up monster on the field. And if we have 3k LP more than the opponent, we can destroy as many monsters that equal the LP difference. And this also ignores target protection so Lunalight Sabre Dancer can be destroyed with this.) Aroma Gardening is very useful in order to get the ball rolling, and Marjoram is pretty good. She can be Special Summoned from your hand if an Aroma was destroyed, and if she is you gain 500 LP and she can banish cards in your opponent's GY up to the number of Aromas you control. VERY very good.

Now, what decks do I think they struggle with? Mostly Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes and Lightsworns. Magician Guidance pretty much just ruins everything for Aromas, since they can just banish that card to prevent you from making further plays (Plus, DM are NOT FUN in DL right now). Blue-Eyes has Spirit of White which can snuff out their backrow, and since it banishes, that makes it even worse. A worse play would be also to use Dried Winds effect when they have Maiden with Eyes of Blue out, since that allows them to get out a Blue-Eyes which is not good at all. And Lightsworns I think are kind of toxic, since Judgement Dragon is now in the game, and they can just easily pay 1000 LP to field nuke your side of the field, get their other Judgement Dragons out and go for game if they have them in their starting hand. Cyber Dragons I think can be hit or miss, since they could have Cybernetic Overflow which can get rid of the backrow, but as long as you have multiple copies of that one card they get rid of, you should be fine.

Lunalights I think struggle VERY HARD against Aromas. Why? Well, they rely heavily on White Rabbit and Crimson Fox in order to get over Aromas, since once Blessed Winds and Aroma Gardening are out on the field, they're screwed. Especially when you get Marjoram out, who can banish cards in their GY, which they need in order to get their plays going, White Rabbit allows them to remove cards from your side of the field and Crimson Fox negates. But with Marjoram out, you take no battle damage and you can banish. So once that's out and you get rid of Rabbit and Fox, they can't do anything. Same goes if they're running Neos along side Lunalights.

Invocations can be eh. It depends entirely what they get out tbh. I did fight the rare Yubel and an Anti-Meta Deck involving Life Cost 0 and Cyber Stein. And also did fight a few Gravekeeper's during my climb.

Whenever I can post one. Oof.

frest123

Smash Cadet
Hey gworls, anyone remember me? I'm from the Smash 4 days. Ever since Zelda got buffed I've been trying to get back into the scene! I won second place at a local recently with Zelda and Pokemon Trainer. x)

Any tips on getting better with Zelda? I miss her Smash 4 drag down Nair that combos to basically anything and the first hit that trades with recoveries to spike and kill opponents. Though I do think she's overall a much better character now thanks to a very good Phantom and better frame data in general too.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Oh, and Digimon Adventure's Reboot started airing. AND HOLY CRAP, THE OP IS SOOOO GOOD!
What in the world are they doing to it though?

Like, I understand what they're doing with Kari in the OP, but why is TK getting the same treatment?

Makes me wonder how long the series is meant to go, or if they're changing things up a lot; we've got foreshadowing across all of Adventure and into the movie in OP1.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I got a notification that I've been on Smashboards for 5 years now. Wow I've been a gorl for 5 years. And Zelda still hasn't been banned yet.
:secretkpop:

Top Bottom