• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I return, and suddenly, no Feh talk, but a discussion about SmUsh. Love it! (No serious, I do.)

How are the Zelda mains liking their visual buffs so far?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I return, and suddenly, no Feh talk, but a discussion about SmUsh. Love it! (No serious, I do.)

What buffs? :secretkpop: jkjk

Basically we got some things that were a couple of games loooooong overdue in a game where Sakurai seems to have expressly answered some of fans’ biggest desires. (Returning chars, no freefall on obviously should NOT be freefall moves, etc) If that’s what it took then I’m at peace with that.

I’m excited that she’s relatively similar, actually. Here’s to hoping that Sakurai buffs her even more between E3 and now. But if she’s bad at least we can still BAN•ZELDA

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know, Ultismash reminded something I hate about Smash and that is the overuse and abuse of acronyms and long-winded terms for techniques and mechanics. Skid canceling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR9cGwyUypk. Simple, right? You cancel your skid animation in Smashimate and do something else. Why did turnaround skid canceling and RGR (reverse ground rush) have to be made up as another name for the damn thing? Just call it skid canceling. That's it. There doesn't need to be any term for the stupid thing. Now that I think about it, is skid canceling even different from pivoting now? It looks like pivoting, but now you can do any move out of it now instead of Ftilt, pivot grab, Specials, and some others that I don't remember. I think it even happened in the Direct because Falco and Luigi did a turnaround Down Smash from their runs. If that's the case, then they didn't discover jack. The developers already showcased that blasted thing and it might as well be called pivot jab, Utilt, Side Smash, whatever, instead. I hate RAR too. Pivot aerial. You pivot and do an aerial, usually a Bair. GODDAMN.

Giving names to combos is fine. I don't care, some of them are funny and they're for fun, but for techniques and mechanics, so many things could be shorter and simpler. What's worse is that some of the crap has become official like short hop. Kill me. That's redundant as hell. It's a hop. It doesn't need to an adjective because hops are short. It's a freaking hop. What the hell is a jump then? A high hop? And then there's the issue of people not knowing the difference between a run and a dash or calling a run a full dash. Fox-trotting. Why. Just why. It's just a series of dashes. REPEATED DASHES. Just dash, don't run, just freaking dash. If I tell you to run, then you run, but if I tell you to dash, then dash repeatedly.

I swear if dash canceling gets some dumbass term. Oh, you gotta do DCRAMO (dash-canceled rush actionable move options). Practice that so you can get good at DCRAMOJCG (dash-canceled rush actionable move option jab canceled grabs).

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I found the trailer song for Gears of War 5. I heard the song while it was playing during a stream I was watching and I just had to know what it was and what the full song was. I love it when trailers do that where you get hooked on the song. It's marketing, but still. Anyway, the song is "Game of Survival" by Ruelle. Her voice reminds me of someone else, but I can't remember who off the top of my head. Also, I've never read or watched The Hunger Games, but I think this song would fit really well.

Edit: Zelda's new pose makes it look like she's saying "I got this" to Captain Falcon, Fox, and Snake at the top of Smashboard's page. With her buffs, though, maybe she does have this. Aw, who am I kidding? It's Zelda. :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I wonder if we're going to get a Subspace Emissary type of game mode. It wouldn't even need cutscenes to be good, since that was apparently one of Sakurai's "reasons" for not caring about a story mode. Sm4sh has some Subspace elements scattered around like the true final bosses/fortress and the smash run mode, so it'd be easy to piece something together... Kinda. Just having a smashy-platformer based on multiple universes with Smash characters would be good enough. Though it'd be a lot cuter/better if there were some cutscenes, since there were some magical gems like Peach's Tea Time or Snake's Unboxing Video.

If there is a big story mode, what would they even call it?

Also...

It’s simple. 64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate.
ok but

##, Break It To Make It, Subspace Emissary, Sm4sh, and SmashUguu. :secretkpop:

I like how flowy her outfit is now, but idk if her sparkles are the same or more OP yet. I assume her walk has been untouched since that was Zelda's most OP feature to begin with.
I return, and suddenly, no Feh talk, but a discussion about SmUsh.
Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! you can feel good about using SmUsh now, even though it's OK to not always be good.

We'll finally be top-tier fabulous where it matters: the victory screen. :secretkpop:

BAN•ZELDA
But she needs to actually win to strike the pose. :secretkpop:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I booted up Sm4sh for the first time in nearly 2 years today (my play history says the August 25th 2016 was the last time I turned the game on). It took me only about an hour or so to get back into the rhythm of it. It seems that Wii Fit's best tool is still as effective as ever, which is nobody knows anything about Wii Fit Trainer. So that's fun, and I hope it stays that way in smUsh/SmashOOOOOO/whatever other dumb names we create for it.
Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! you can feel good about using SmUsh now, even though it's OK to not always be good
ty for spamming my @ so I could see more Kaitos, it encourages me to say smUsh even more now!
btw send me Kaitos.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Zelda Fur Hire mains? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

So I've just been to the dentist for my checkup, and I won't have to go back till January. Which is nice.

Also, I now got Bayonetta 2 on Switch. :yeahboi:
It was that or Pokken DX, but I honestly wanted to go with Bayonetta 2. Since that way, I can thoroughly enjoy it whilst on the go.

And it's so I can be all preped for Bayonetta 3 when it comes out, looking forward to that game.

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo , Antonykun Antonykun we'll be getting a new Mini BOX soon; which will contain archetype from Fur Hire, Worms and Phantom Beasts just to name a few. Though some players are very upset over the fact that there's only ONE Winged Beast support in the deck. Oh well, I might try out Fur Hire; and just do bad meme names for decks like "UwU", "Mew dweck is stwong OwO"

...I feel so bad for typing that. :V

By the way, who here is planning on getting My Hero One's Justice when it comes out? It looks rather fun to play, though it's kind of funny; I see Arena Fighters in a more casual way compared to 2D fighters. And then again, the only Arena Fighters I've played were Robo Pit on PS1 and J-Stars Victory Vs. I think; they were pretty rad.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Y'know, Ultismash reminded something I hate about Smash and that is the overuse and abuse of acronyms and long-winded terms for techniques and mechanics. Skid canceling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR9cGwyUypk. Simple, right? You cancel your skid animation in Smashimate and do something else. Why did turnaround skid canceling and RGR (reverse ground rush) have to be made up as another name for the damn thing? Just call it skid canceling. That's it. There doesn't need to be any term for the stupid thing. Now that I think about it, is skid canceling even different from pivoting now? It looks like pivoting, but now you can do any move out of it now instead of Ftilt, pivot grab, Specials, and some others that I don't remember. I think it even happened in the Direct because Falco and Luigi did a turnaround Down Smash from their runs. If that's the case, then they didn't discover jack. The developers already showcased that blasted thing and it might as well be called pivot jab, Utilt, Side Smash, whatever, instead. I hate RAR too. Pivot aerial. You pivot and do an aerial, usually a Bair. GODDAMN.

Giving names to combos is fine. I don't care, some of them are funny and they're for fun, but for techniques and mechanics, so many things could be shorter and simpler. What's worse is that some of the crap has become official like short hop. Kill me. That's redundant as hell. It's a hop. It doesn't need to an adjective because hops are short. It's a freaking hop. What the hell is a jump then? A high hop? And then there's the issue of people not knowing the difference between a run and a dash or calling a run a full dash. Fox-trotting. Why. Just why. It's just a series of dashes. REPEATED DASHES. Just dash, don't run, just freaking dash. If I tell you to run, then you run, but if I tell you to dash, then dash repeatedly.

I swear if dash canceling gets some ******* term. Oh, you gotta do DCRAMO (dash-canceled rush actionable move options). Practice that so you can get good at DCRAMOJCG (dash-canceled rush actionable move option jab canceled grabs).
Omg yes
I saw a video on twitter of people playing the demo who “discovered” a new tech, but it was literally just what they told us we could do in the trailer and the treehouse. If we need to name it anything, dash or skid cancelling is fine

also can people just call the game Ultimate it’s not that hard gdi

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I booted up Sm4sh for the first time in nearly 2 years today (my play history says the August 25th 2016 was the last time I turned the game on). It took me only about an hour or so to get back into the rhythm of it. It seems that Wii Fit's best tool is still as effective as ever, which is nobody knows anything about Wii Fit Trainer. So that's fun, and I hope it stays that way in smUsh/SmashOOOOOO/whatever other dumb names we create for it.

ty for spamming my @ so I could see more Kaitos, it encourages me to say smUsh even more now!
btw send me Kaitos.
I asked a friend to send me Kaito Momotas last night and they sent me a few but I chose the one with abs.

T H I S • I S • W H A T • Y O U • A S K E D • F O R
kaito muscle i guess idk.png

Also ye, the only way to win with WFT is kill someone with a pivot Ftilt when they are near the edge and make them go "but how" or something. I wonder how cray-cray WFT will look with the sped up yoga animations. I hope WFT isn't balanced around the idea of being semi-useful with Deep Breathing activated but garbo otherwise.

also can people just call the game Ultimate it’s not that hard gdi
Your reverse psychology is working. SmashU, SmUsh, SmashOOOOOOOOOO, etc. will become the official name. Ultimate will be a thing of the past. Like pretty much any exercise-craze with the word Ultimate in it.

However, an exception can be made for any Ultimate-Whatever that's meant to poke fun at the game. :^)

I propose BAN•ZELDU while we're at it.

No way I am giving up SmUsh now.
if smUsh was a picture it'd be this imo:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
psa Oliver's GHB is still the easiest GHB so enjoy your free orbs from the orb-shaped (and orb-colored) man.
I asked a friend to send me Kaito Momotas last night and they sent me a few but I chose the one with abs.

T H I S • I S • W H A T • Y O U • A S K E D • F O R
I mean... that is what I asked for. I didn't think you'd actually respond to that but wow okay. ty. I'll fit that into... early October's daily pics.
Also send the rest of the pictures and I'll stop calling the game smUsh for Burgundy Burgundy 's sake.
Also ye, the only way to win with WFT is kill someone with a pivot Ftilt when they are near the edge and make them go "but how" or something. I wonder how cray-cray WFT will look with the sped up yoga animations. I hope WFT isn't balanced around the idea of being semi-useful with Deep Breathing activated but garbo otherwise.
Yes please oml. When her best "kill throw" requires the opponent to have at least 150% and you to have deep breathing active (and maybe some rage too but I don't remember. It's been 2 years give me a break), then you really need to fix some stuff.
She can reliably kill people offstage but she could have some better tools for getting people offstage in the first place. Maybe a fthrow and a bthrow with some high BKB and lowish KBG? Also maybe a slightly longer grab range. And a faster/higher damaging pummel. You know what, make fthrow and bthrow deal more damage as well.

...Wait am I becoming one of those people. Can I justify it with the fact that Wii Fit really does need buffs??

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's cracking DLC 2 + 3 fans? :nifty::ultzelda::nifty:

Before we get to the big bit of news on BBTAG, first and foremost, :4zelda: is now officially retired in exchange for :ultzelda:. :yeahboi:

But now onto the BBTAG and Duel Links stuff.~

DLC Packs 2 and 3, plus Yang are now available; though I do kind of feel like that Naoto and Jubei's Astrals are a bit... incomplete?

Just that with Naoto's Astral, you can still move around even with the reticle on you, and with Jubei's the screen doesn't fade to red and then show what his eye can see, it instead zooms in with the effect popping in. I do kind of wish they did do what they did before, but oh well.

There are also files that people managed to datamine, ones of Mai, Yuzuriha, Merkava and Labrys.

I'll leave the links here:

Mai Natsume's English dialogue.
Labrys' English dialogue.
Yuzuriha's English dialogue.
Merkava's English dialogue.

Also, D.D. Tower is back in Duel Links, focusing on the DARK Attribute, meaning we'll probably have the Tour Guide as a boss. :yeahboi:

But I'm more curious about the Mini BOX coming tomorrow, same with the banlist update; I will definitely run Fur Hire, to see how truly strong they are.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i guess we got a leak on the new summer units coming on the 21st
apparently we’re getting summer Innes, Tana, Cordelia, and Noire

Innes is most likely an axe user (weapon is a flag so it’s not super clear), Tana has a prf tome, Cordelia has a lance, and Noire has a bow. i’m not sure about not their movement types, but i’ve seen people saying Tana is a red tome flier

noire’s outfit is quite revealing. i thought this was a children’s game lol

edit: the banner actually leaked. the banner art was found, confirming the above (as if it were fake in the first place lol). innes is axe wyvern, tana red tome flier, noire colorless bow infantry, and cordelia lance cavalry

all weapons except tana give +2 atk/spd/def/res when initiating. tana’s prf gives spd+3 and its effect is a reverse Grimoire

i’m angry that Noire’s bow is so cute because now i have to get it for Zero.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Also send the rest of the pictures and I'll stop calling the game smUsh for Burgundy Burgundy 's sake.
Now I won't send any pics so you can keep calling it smUsh for Burgundy Burgundy 's sake. :secretkpop:

Yes please oml. When her best "kill throw" requires the opponent to have at least 150% and you to have deep breathing active (and maybe some rage too but I don't remember. It's been 2 years give me a break), then you really need to fix some stuff.
She can reliably kill people offstage but she could have some better tools for getting people offstage in the first place. Maybe a fthrow and a bthrow with some high BKB and lowish KBG? Also maybe a slightly longer grab range. And a faster/higher damaging pummel. You know what, make fthrow and bthrow deal more damage as well.

...Wait am I becoming one of those people. Can I justify it with the fact that Wii Fit really does need buffs??
It's ok to be one of those people because at least WFT has hope of being buffed properly.

They should just turn Deep Breathing into a 2% heal and increase walk speed/jump height/KB resistance by 10% for 10 seconds. Then recharge over 10 seconds after it's fully finished. Having all ha power tied up in Deep Breathing and no real way to approach (unlike Cloud lol) is just a bad game design. Cloud gets away with it because his Limit Break can be stored for later use and he's stupid good at everything. When WFT uses ha downB it's like a "pls avoid me lol" signal.

so i guess we got a leak on the new summer units coming on the 21st
apparently we’re getting summer Innes, Tana, Cordelia, and Noire

Innes is most likely an axe user (weapon is a flag so it’s not super clear), Tana has a prf tome, Cordelia has a lance, and Noire has a bow. i’m not sure about not their movement types, but i’ve seen people saying Tana is a red tome flier

noire’s outfit is quite revealing. i thought this was a children’s game lol

edit: the banner actually leaked. the banner art was found, confirming the above (as if it were fake in the first place lol). innes is axe wyvern, tana red tome flier, noire colorless bow infantry, and cordelia lance cavalry

all weapons except tana give +2 atk/spd/def/res when initiating. tana’s prf gives spd+3 and its effect is a reverse Grimoire

i’m angry that Noire’s bow is so cute because now i have to get it for Zero.
why is Innes so hot tho isn't he supposed to be a shrimpy dweeb prince or something omg stop IS

Also wtf does Cordelia looks like she's trying to audition for a main part in Panty and Stocking 2.

They went all out on this banner. I'm sure so many Awakening/Fates haters are pleased since at least 2 of the characters aren't from those games. I'm not too interested in the banner tho. If they have primo fodder or stats I may throw my 80 orbs at the banner, but other than that... Meh. CYL isn't coming for another 2 months but having 300ish orbs >>> having 0 orbs.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Archery requires aloooot of strength. I'm honestly amazed how so many fe archers are occasionally little boys.
Noire is well tones too, as it looks like.
ok but

Innes is clearly into full-body calisthenics and his bow. Though why such a solidly toned man can have such low defense is beyond me. Unless he just decided to bulk up/tone himself for summer and is a shrimp-boi the rest of the time.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's been forever since I've last been here. Hope you're all doing good. Bonus points if any of you gurls remember/recognize me (as I remember most of you)

Also :ultwolf: took forever but I finally got him back! All that waiting finally paid off.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's been forever since I've last been here. Hope you're all doing good. Bonus points if any of you gurls remember/recognize me (as I remember most of you)

Also :ultwolf: took forever but I finally got him back! All that waiting finally paid off.
Long time no see, Jestar. Excited about Wolf aren't you? I bet he's excited too. :p

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Long time no see, Jestar. Excited about Wolf aren't you? I bet he's excited too. :p
Lol yeah man! I'm super pumped! Even if he ends up being worse than in Brawl (doubtful) I'll still play the heck out of him for sure.

Only question I have is what voice he'll have. I'd be fine with either Brawl/Assault or Zero as I like both about the same. Regardless of which one, I'd be pretty happy if one of his victory poses/quotes he says "You're good, but not good enough!" like he does in Zero. That'd be sick as hell.

Also good to see you again! I look forward to your inevitable Falco rants in the future :ultfalco:

But I wouldn't be surprised if you've already started.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo , Antonykun Antonykun we'll be getting a new Mini BOX soon; which will contain archetype from Fur Hire, Worms and Phantom Beasts just to name a few. Though some players are very upset over the fact that there's only ONE Winged Beast support in the deck. Oh well, I might try out Fur Hire; and just do bad meme names for decks like "UwU", "Mew dweck is stwong OwO"

...I feel so bad for typing that. :V
(notices trap card)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Trinity fans? :ultzelda::nifty::ultzelda:

So we now got the Mini BOX available in Duel Links, which has Fur Hire in them; I'm quite curious on how viable they'll be due to capabilities of swarming and all that.

And we now got Akihiko's voice lines datamined and uploaded. :yeahboi:

Now we wait for Mitsuru, Izayoi and Mika's.

Here's Akihiko's English voice lines.

Also, Naoto has setups that can lead to her getting her Insta Kill off, I saw quite a few; one of them for example is having her teamed with Yang and Tagging in during Yang's Command Grab, which can allow you to get the Insta Kill off. But forget about that, Hakumen is Hakumen and he's busted. :secretkpop:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hey y'all!!! What up

I went to play Sm4sh Zelda after not using her for a while and after being used to seeing SmUsh's Zelda's fast moves I just looked at Zelda barely moving on my screen and went
:secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

I DID A THING
are you famous now and can i have $$$ for orbs?

I like how Zelda is actually cute-sassy now
this is why we need a dislike button I fixed your sentence for yew sis. Now you don't have to worry about The Heaux-Slayers coming to get yew for saying bad heaux-like things.

:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

Nammy12 Nammy12 what do you think of summer cordelia
The FBI used Nammy12 Nammy12 camera phone to see ha face upon Summer Cordelia's reveal.

Just guess ha thoughts:

Hey y'all!!! What up

I went to play Sm4sh Zelda after not using her for a while and after being used to seeing SmUsh's Zelda's fast moves I just looked at Zelda barely moving on my screen and went
:secretkpop:
If Zelda's moveset and frame data comparison were transformed into 1 picture, it'd be:
zelda b4 n aftr.png

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So the more I play bbtag, the more I realize chie might have some problems.
She kinda gets shafted by most of the system mechanics.

People are finally starting to use meter for pushblock.
push block basically invalidates any mixup pressure she tries due to her short range and if she uses push block she doesn't have anything fast and long enough to whiff punish with like other characters.

Her short range is really apparent especially in a cast where literally everyone and their mothers have swords.
Most matches feel like I'm playing mac vs cloud.
Plus arc normalizing characters means that everyone has the same basic frame data structure which means chie has to compete with characters who have the same speed 5a but with like double the range. i cri everytime hyde does 5a
4a is pretty much useless since it somehow has even less range than her other normals

She does get good damage and has the potential to blow up people pretty much anywhere on the screen, its just that her neutral is too bad. Plus plently of other characters can do tons of damage with cross combo while having a much better neutral. Like if I face a ruby who just presses 5b or an orie who just does 5a in neutral, I don't really have too many answers to it. Also **** ruby 5b and buzzsaw

Her 2b is a really inconsistent anti air since the hitbox can be hard to time since she moves forward and its kinda small since she uses her leg unlike other people who use their swords and ****

Her counter is also a bit inconsistent because of the angle she goes at means she can get low profiled by some stuff lol. Plus it's useless for burst punish on anyone who has a vertical burst.

I've also been using yang with her and I feel like she has some of the same problems as chie but not as bad.

Stubby normals, push block kinda invalidates pressure but she has some tools to deal with it like fireball and her tackle. Plus she can actually whiff punish off push block with super. Costs 3 bars but it's something at least.
214aa being plus also allows her to play more unga since 5b has armor. Doesn't work on crouching tho rip. 2c is also a really nice button.
She gets a lot better when she goes super Saiyan though. The range in her buttons get buffed a ton which really helps her neutral. 5a becomes really good. Plus she can combo off her command grab making her pressure a lot scarier. I tend to try and get her powered up as quick as possible then let her recover health in the back so she has more health and so she can stack super saiyan with resonance.

Nammy12 Nammy12 what do you think of summer cordelia
I uh, I'm dying internally since I spent all my orbs getting merges for bridelia. aka shared color focus was a mistake **** bride lyn
But she looks great though

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

this is why we need a dislike button I fixed your sentence for yew sis. Now you don't have to worry about The Heaux-Slayers coming to get yew for saying bad heaux-like things.

The FBI used Nammy12 Nammy12 camera phone to see ha face upon Summer Cordelia's reveal.

Just guess ha thoughts:

If Zelda's moveset and frame data comparison were transformed into 1 picture, it'd be:
View attachment 149275
I've said worst, honey.

Just accept my love

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So many gorls are coming back wowow. If only Fuujin wasn't banned forever, then we'd have most of the squad back.
idk maybe if you gave me the rest of those Kaito pictures I'd consider it :secretkpop:

Speaking of orbs, I have about 300 rn. Assuming I continue saving until CYL 2 happens, I'd probably have enough to +5 a unit right? I thought I was on track for +10 but at this rate it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So many gorls are coming back wowow. If only Fuujin wasn't banned forever, then we'd have most of the squad back.

idk maybe if you gave me the rest of those Kaito pictures I'd consider it :secretkpop:

Speaking of orbs, I have about 300 rn. Assuming I continue saving until CYL 2 happens, I'd probably have enough to +5 a unit right? I thought I was on track for +10 but at this rate it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
we get about 300 orbs per month. if you kept saving, that’s roughly 900 orbs total you could have for CYL2, so you could +10 a unit if you were decently lucky

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lol yeah man! I'm super pumped! Even if he ends up being worse than in Brawl (doubtful) I'll still play the heck out of him for sure.
Wolf has a good foundation that I don't think they would mess up on. At least I hope not. The only major changes, other than animation changes and new moves to set him apart from Fox and Falco and to update him, I could seem them addressing would be his lack of a fast-fall in Brawl, Wolf Flash not putting him in free-fall like Fox Illusion and Falco Phantasm were changed in Smash 4, and speeding him up like everyone else in terms of movement, landing lag, etc. Wolf already has high aerial mobility and that seems to be his shtick, so the only thing would be run speed being bumped up a bit. I could also see them making Fire Wolf into Lightning Tornado as a reference to Star Fox Zero and because it would be cool for it to have an electric aura and as a contrast to Fox's Fire Fox.

Also good to see you again! I look forward to your inevitable Falco rants in the future :ultfalco:

But I wouldn't be surprised if you've already started.
They've already begun. I will always be mad at Falco. At least in Smash.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's good BBTAG release in EU tomorrow fans? :nifty::yeahboi::ultzelda:

So the more I play bbtag, the more I realize chie might have some problems.
She kinda gets shafted by most of the system mechanics.

People are finally starting to use meter for pushblock.
push block basically invalidates any mixup pressure she tries due to her short range and if she uses push block she doesn't have anything fast and long enough to whiff punish with like other characters.

Her short range is really apparent especially in a cast where literally everyone and their mothers have swords.
Most matches feel like I'm playing mac vs cloud.
Plus arc normalizing characters means that everyone has the same basic frame data structure which means chie has to compete with characters who have the same speed 5a but with like double the range. i cri everytime hyde does 5a
4a is pretty much useless since it somehow has even less range than her other normals

She does get good damage and has the potential to blow up people pretty much anywhere on the screen, its just that her neutral is too bad. Plus plently of other characters can do tons of damage with cross combo while having a much better neutral. Like if I face a ruby who just presses 5b or an orie who just does 5a in neutral, I don't really have too many answers to it. Also **** ruby 5b and buzzsaw

Her 2b is a really inconsistent anti air since the hitbox can be hard to time since she moves forward and its kinda small since she uses her leg unlike other people who use their swords and ****

Her counter is also a bit inconsistent because of the angle she goes at means she can get low profiled by some stuff lol. Plus it's useless for burst punish on anyone who has a vertical burst.

I've also been using yang with her and I feel like she has some of the same problems as chie but not as bad.

Stubby normals, push block kinda invalidates pressure but she has some tools to deal with it like fireball and her tackle. Plus she can actually whiff punish off push block with super. Costs 3 bars but it's something at least.
214aa being plus also allows her to play more unga since 5b has armor. Doesn't work on crouching tho rip. 2c is also a really nice button.
She gets a lot better when she goes super Saiyan though. The range in her buttons get buffed a ton which really helps her neutral. 5a becomes really good. Plus she can combo off her command grab making her pressure a lot scarier. I tend to try and get her powered up as quick as possible then let her recover health in the back so she has more health and so she can stack super saiyan with resonance.
Well, from what I've seen from Tier Lists by several people; a lot of them have frequently put Chie in Low/Bottom Tier along with Noel. And judging from what you've said about Yang, sounds like she'll be Mid Tier.

I've seen Rachel at worse be Mid Tier and at best High Tier which doesn't sound too bad in comparison to Chie; but I have still yet to get it, which will be tomorrow.

Also, might as well give my thoughts on the new Mini BOX.

I honestly think you should put some Gems towards it, especially for the Fur Hire archetype. They're a pretty damn good archetype for Duel Links, and they can easily get over Sylvans, Amazoness and probably have a decent matchup against Spellbooks; but we'll have to wait and see.

But overall, yeah it's a decent Mini BOX, go for Fur Hire; I haven't seen enough Mecha Phantom Beasts to give a thorough opinion on it, but Fur Hire is great.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh, this place is still going, that's cool. Dunno if anyone here remembers me since I haven't posted here in like two years or so, but oh well. :p

So FE Heroes? I have 9 orbs right now. But I'm skipping the banner because swimsuits are boring, so that should build up again pretty quickly. ...Hopefully, at least. Just as long as the CYL banner doesn't show up any time soon, I should be fine.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Swimsuits are definitely not boring!
The characters wearing them tho, are. For me, that is.

Just waiting of F!Grima, really.

And if the CYL shows up like last time, we can expect it between summer and Performing arts banner.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i got a -res wrys as my free summon (i want +res -atk to replace the +res -hp one i have)

the rest of the circle was pretty bad, except for a random 5* +spd -res ares. now back to saving for LA!Roy

the seasonal units have dumb stats. i’m kinda tempted to pull for Noire to give her bow to Zero, but Gratia+ is more important

Last edited:
Top Bottom