• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I pulled a +Spd -Atk Siegbert and a +Atk -Def Sanaki yesterday. I didn’t want Siegbert, I wanted Soleil for her Sword, but if she’s demoted to 4 Stars like I’m expecting then it’s okay. The Sanaki has an amazing nature, so I merged my old one into her. I’m done with the banner now, I’m just saving for the Christmas banner

As for Bayo 3, I’m an soooooo excited. My theory is there’s some kind of alternate timeline/universe biz cause Bayo’a guns were named Whittingham Fair, which is supposedly an alternate name for either Scarborough Fair, or Elfin Knights, the name of the guns from Bloody Fate that Bayo had before Scarborough.

I’m very tempted to play BotW again to get the the DLC, but I wanna wait until I’m home so I can play it on my tv. Instead I’ve been playing Xeno 2, at a much slower place than all of you guys. I’m in chapter four, at Mor Ordain. I want to play a bunch but it’s hard to play without a tv

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
*Plays Xenoblade 2*
*Gets into a battle*
Zeke: "I'm really feeling it"

I'm not making this up btw. I want someone in every Xenoblade game from now on to have the "I'm really feeling it" line.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I finally beat Xenoblade 2 Ch.7. My thoughts, as well as my early thoughts on Ch.8
I ended up "beating" Malos with a Chain Attack. I got lucky enough to pull off a Blade Combo without him using Monado Eater or Jail. So that fight with Rex and Jin was 100% anime. Pyra/Mythra going super sayian, letting Rex move at the speed of light. Also, Rex's new outfit is sweet (though i kinda miss the blue). Rex can engage literally any Blade now and that's amazing which means i someone gets Kos-Mos, i don't need to waste an Overdrive Protocol.

And then we get to Ch.8. *Inhales* What is is it with Xenoblade and Earth getting destroyed.?
  • Xenoblade 1: Klaus destroys Earth and the universe and becomes Zanza
  • Xenoblade X: Earth gets caught in the crossfire in an alien war and gets blown up
    Xenoblade 2: post-apocalyptic Earth beneath the Cloud Sea and the World Tree is just a really big tower.
Anyway, in Ch.8 you fight this big zombie thing. It was Lv.60. My party was Lv.55-57. Ascended Form aside, this boss was much easier than Jin and Malos. *Rex picks up a nearby ID card* *It has Shulk's face in it* MONOLITH SOFT!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME! YOU SAID THAT THIS GAME HAD NO STORY CONNECTION TO THE ORIGINAL!

Amalthus is the final boss, isn't he?

Edit: Rex is Latin for king. Rex became the Master Driver. Master=King. King of the Blades. Monolith Soft, i see what you did there.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Last night it snowed in my town for the first time in like 20 years, it was so magical and special.
Except I slipped on icy road and fell off my bike.
It still hurts but it didn't take away the bliss.
:196:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The fact that you think snow is magical shows how green you are

Snow is basically Satan tbh

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gorls, how the hell do I build Female Corrin +SPD/-RES?

I have Lightning Breath, Triangle Adept 3, Renewal, and Noontime. Maybe I should do Swift Sparrow, Bowbreaker, Moonbow, and 3SPD refined Lightning Breath? She'd reach 47 SPD with a seal and 43 ATK. Or maybe just Triangle Adept with 43 SPD. Building her is just so weird.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok what? I'm doing this sidequest and...
So you know how you fight Bana in his Giga Rosa? And then he activates the bomb? Yeah, he gets vaporized......except apparently he didn't because there's a sidequest in which you have to interrogate Bana. How? He died, you can't tell me he didn't.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The fact that you think snow is magical shows how green you are

Snow is basically Satan tbh
It's not like it was a storm, it didn't even cover the ground at all. It lasted about 2 hours before it was all gone.
:196:

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm moving to another province in the middle of nowhere. Smash scene is a bit lacking there, but so is my skill in Smash 4.

Is Smash 4 worth getting into still?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Nunavut is as forgettable to Canadians as Alaska is to Americans.
I'd argue Alaska is at least known for being the biggest US state and how remote it is. Alaska is certainly more memorable than Arkansas, Nebraska, and Vermont.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Got a promotion in SK, with potentially another one before I even start there.

Nunavut isn't even a province lol. I've been to Alaska. Beautiful place.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i had to do a project on nunavut in geography class of freshman year

we basically had to create an itinerary for like a week of staying there

all i remember is that it was stupidly expensive to get there and then we had to travel everywhere by snowmobile lol

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'd argue Alaska is at least known for being the biggest US state and how remote it is. Alaska is certainly more memorable than Arkansas, Nebraska, and Vermont.
I'm the only reason you gorls know what Indiana is, admit it.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Aw Faye lost, rip. I guess I'll hop onto Sigurd's team. Anyone on his team can use my PA!Olivia that I just finished. She's probably my favorite dancer to use atm despite her having the worst possible IV set (+Def -Spd); the amount of support she provides is kinda hilarious.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I finally managed to beat the Infernal Berkut GHB with a team of Brave Ike, Summer Tiki, Red!Olivia, and Gwendolyn

I wouldn’t mind sharing my strategy (I could make a video like for the Arvis one), but idk how useful it would be considering how Brave Ike and Summer Tiki are pretty hard to access and my Gwendolyn has a ton of investment

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, Burgundy Burgundy , that Serra you have.

What are you planning with Serra? Other than Atk +3 from what I remember checking her skill list.

Anyway, +Spd, -Atk 3* Lon'qu was the freebie the from Weapons to Refine banner a few days ago. Probably should have picked the blue or grey orb that day.

Meanwhile in SoV...
I ended up grinding Kamui to level 20 to promote him into a myrmidon. It was only supposed to be getting Leon to sniper since he was so close to level 20 as an archer and getting Est to level 10 along with getting anyone else with around 99 exp to level up, but after checking Kamui's stats (level 14? at the time) and comparing them to Saber's (level 12) who did get really lucky with his level ups, Kamui seemed behind. His attack and speed weren't bad; they were fine all things considered. His other stats, especially skill never really went up much compared to Saber and Jesse. I should have looked at his stats earlier since it was curious why enemies would usually go after him instead of other units. Well, now it makes sense since his defense and skill were much lower than other units who were around him. Enemies would do more damage against him and they would have a higher chance of not being hit by him. Annoyingly, he started to gain skill while grinding him, so that made the promotion pointless. He didn't have much room to noticeable surpass the 11 base skill of a myrmidon, but it would have been nicer if he had gained more in other stats.

I probably didn't need to grind Kamui, but the extra stats just help out and puts him closer to Saber and pre-Grieth's Citadel myrmidon Jesse.

Also, Brave Sword is an awesome sword.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So something happened in Xenoblade 2 Ch.8 and it's rather important. I won't go into too much spoilers but the advice itself is a spoiler but if you're a completionist or just hate missables, you'll want it.
Indol is basically Alcamoth/Mechonis in which it becomes inaccessible after a certain point and any quests there are lost forever. So do everything you can there first before continuing on with Ch.8. Dev points, shops and Merc Missions transfer to Lefthiria though.
And here i was thinking they got rid of timed quests.

You don't have to do this now but be sure to do so when you reach Ch.8.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Speaking of snow. It's pelting it down with snow over here; I mean god damn.
Said I might end up with 20cm of snow, I have never seen this much snow before. o_o (This is the reason why I haven't done any rounds today; I got a lie in)

Also, I managed to get the other Barrier card from Bastion; so I'm very happy with that. :yeahboi:

I will try and get some more copies of Astral & Spirit Barrier for that Tutu deck. And I might make myself a Hazy Flame Farming deck, since I am failing at farming; except with this Gate Guardian farming deck which I've had success with against Arkana, but that ain't saying much since he's Lv. 20 due to the Marik event. :V (But hey, I gotta need to get that sweet Anti-Magic Arrows someway or another before the event ends.)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So something happened in Xenoblade 2 Ch.8 and it's rather important. I won't go into too much spoilers but the advice itself is a spoiler but if you're a completionist or just hate missables, you'll want it.
Indol is basically Alcamoth/Mechonis in which it becomes inaccessible after a certain point and any quests there are lost forever. So do everything you can there first before continuing on with Ch.8. Dev points, shops and Merc Missions transfer to Lefthiria though.
And here i was thinking they got rid of timed quests.

You don't have to do this now but be sure to do so when you reach Ch.8.
I thought that Indol was just inaccessible for a while (probably until after you beat the final boss considering how late into the game it is), I don't think it's permanent. It would be a bit strange to leave Indol on the quick travel menu if you could never go back there. Also on the merc missions menu, going from Tantal to Argentum causes a skip now that Indol is missing, and I don't think that that would be there if access to Indol was truly cut off.
If it matters at all, I'm a bit into chapter 9 rn (I'm battling Jin because what kind of chapter would this be if you didn't battle either Jin or Malos?) and access to Indol is still cut off.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
SNOW?! IN IRELAND?! By golly, it's been 3'000 years since I've seen this (Seriously though, I haven't seen good snow in Ireland in 7 years). Boy, I have woken up in one hell of a good mood. Also, I finished Kid Icarus Uprising. Amazing game, truly amazing. It's a strong all-rounder, it's good in every aspect, and all those good aspects add up to make an fantastic experience.
As another side note, I played Donkey Kong Country Returns in my Wii VC for the first time in ages. I can't remember for the life of me why I got it, but I had to force myself to stop playing, it was so much fun.
It's a good time to be alive.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
One's ability to enjoy snow is typically down to two things out of your control:

1) Your region's infrastructure on treating and clearing roads, sidewalks, and driveways.

2) Melting speed. There's a big difference between a place where all the snow is gone within 48 hours of the storm and a place where the first snow fall in November doesn't melt away until March. Compounded with (1), that could mean ice and ice walls everywhere.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I thought that Indol was just inaccessible for a while (probably until after you beat the final boss considering how late into the game it is), I don't think it's permanent. It would be a bit strange to leave Indol on the quick travel menu if you could never go back there. Also on the merc missions menu, going from Tantal to Argentum causes a skip now that Indol is missing, and I don't think that that would be there if access to Indol was truly cut off.
If it matters at all, I'm a bit into chapter 9 rn (I'm battling Jin because what kind of chapter would this be if you didn't battle either Jin or Malos?) and access to Indol is still cut off.
In Xenoblade 1, Alacamoth and Mechonis were still on the Skip Travel menu, even after they became inaccesible. Now granted, you could technically still go to Alcamoth, you just couldn't skip travel to it.

Thankfully, in my case, my last save point was right before Idol became inaccessible so i just reloaded my save and decided to do all Indol quests before moving on.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gorls, how the hell do I build Female Corrin +SPD/-RES?

I have Lightning Breath, Triangle Adept 3, Renewal, and Noontime. Maybe I should do Swift Sparrow, Bowbreaker, Moonbow, and 3SPD refined Lightning Breath? She'd reach 47 SPD with a seal and 43 ATK. Or maybe just Triangle Adept with 43 SPD. Building her is just so weird.
Like with all manaketes, she could probably run a decent Steady Breath set, but lol actually getting brave ike

why renewal and noontime? manaketes tend to be better on enemy phase, so why not use qr and bonfire instead? TA is fine on her because her atk is bad

i've seen people talking about a dark breath + dc set, too, but idk how well that'd work in practice

i'm interested in making a manakete team, but i'd need 3 more brave ikes lol. i'd like to do something like a!tiki/f!corrin/ninian/fae. i also have +atk -hp y!tiki and +spd -res nowi, but i don't really like nowi and y!tiki is hard to merge

but idk if i'd actually make the team because all of my resources are going into caeda atm

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Like with all manaketes, she could probably run a decent Steady Breath set, but lol actually getting brave ike

why renewal and noontime? manaketes tend to be better on enemy phase, so why not use qr and bonfire instead? TA is fine on her because her atk is bad

i've seen people talking about a dark breath + dc set, too, but idk how well that'd work in practice

i'm interested in making a manakete team, but i'd need 3 more brave ikes lol. i'd like to do something like a!tiki/f!corrin/ninian/fae. i also have +atk -hp y!tiki and +spd -res nowi, but i don't really like nowi and y!tiki is hard to merge

but idk if i'd actually make the team because all of my resources are going into caeda atm
Those were kinda just placeholders from long long long long ago when I first started a F!Corrin.

F!Corrin's attack is so low that I'd probably use her as a straight up player phase unit that can bait stupid bow users/red mages. I'm probably going to give her Triangle Adept and Bow Breaker. She's +SPD so I feel QR would just be kind of a waste. I still didn't refine her weapon bcuz we can't farm for stones like coins for some reason??? IS pls wtf u doinnn

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
If you were using a higher attack dragon than Corrin, Glimmer is probably the best offensive skill for dragons within its CD bracket, considering many melee units have poor res, and ranged units having large discrepancies between their defenses, including Brave Lyn.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
One's ability to enjoy snow is typically down to two things out of your control:

1) Your region's infrastructure on treating and clearing roads, sidewalks, and driveways.

2) Melting speed. There's a big difference between a place where all the snow is gone within 48 hours of the storm and a place where the first snow fall in November doesn't melt away until March. Compounded with (1), that could mean ice and ice walls everywhere.
Ice is a completely different horror. Winter is so restricting when you live somewhere where you need to drive all the time to get anywhere at all.

Winter is communism.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
If you were using a higher attack dragon than Corrin, Glimmer is probably the best offensive skill for dragons within its CD bracket, considering many melee units have poor res, and ranged units having large discrepancies between their defenses, including Brave Lyn.
My THOT Slaying Tiki has:
Lightning Breath w/ DEF
Aether
Steady Breath
Quick Riposte 3
Threaten ATK 3

:^)

I don't care for the other dragons except for F!Corrin and A!Tiki tbh. Ninian is OK.

Why they don't add Rajaion or even that dork Kurthnaga. Dhegnerdjerk for a GHB free dragon. Those would be easy green dragons to make. Maybe even Almedha if they want to disregard canon. Gareth with shirtless damage art pls.

snow is literal garbage
Only heauxes hate snow because they can't dress like heauxes without getting frostbite. :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Those were kinda just placeholders from long long long long ago when I first started a F!Corrin.

F!Corrin's attack is so low that I'd probably use her as a straight up player phase unit that can bait stupid bow users/red mages. I'm probably going to give her Triangle Adept and Bow Breaker. She's +SPD so I feel QR would just be kind of a waste. I still didn't refine her weapon bcuz we can't farm for stones like coins for some reason??? IS pls wtf u doinnn
Gorl, even +spd Caeda (who is 3 points faster than +spd F!Corrin) runs QR because mages and swordlords are so stupidly fast that it’s the only way to actually double them. I mean, run whatever you want on Corrin, but QR is definitely not a waste.

If you’re going to use her as a player phase unit, then that would justify not using QR, but like, QR is still one of the best skills in the game

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
idk what this "snow" stuff you're all talking about is as I've never seen it (it sounds like some fancy salad dressing) but it probably doesn't exist anyways.

Anyways, should I build this Oboro that I found in the Gauntlet:
Screenshot_20171209-115521.png
The IV's are +Res -Spd and the best one I have atm is +Res -HP. I also have enough Oboros to get her up to +4.
Other than Drive Atk (which can be replaced by anything really), I have all of the skills I would need for this set. Should I do it or is this too crazy

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So, Burgundy Burgundy , that Serra you have.

What are you planning with Serra? Other than Atk +3 from what I remember checking her skill list.

Anyway, +Spd, -Atk 3* Lon'qu was the freebie the from Weapons to Refine banner a few days ago. Probably should have picked the blue or grey orb that day.

Meanwhile in SoV...
I ended up grinding Kamui to level 20 to promote him into a myrmidon. It was only supposed to be getting Leon to sniper since he was so close to level 20 as an archer and getting Est to level 10 along with getting anyone else with around 99 exp to level up, but after checking Kamui's stats (level 14? at the time) and comparing them to Saber's (level 12) who did get really lucky with his level ups, Kamui seemed behind. His attack and speed weren't bad; they were fine all things considered. His other stats, especially skill never really went up much compared to Saber and Jesse. I should have looked at his stats earlier since it was curious why enemies would usually go after him instead of other units. Well, now it makes sense since his defense and skill were much lower than other units who were around him. Enemies would do more damage against him and they would have a higher chance of not being hit by him. Annoyingly, he started to gain skill while grinding him, so that made the promotion pointless. He didn't have much room to noticeable surpass the 11 base skill of a myrmidon, but it would have been nicer if he had gained more in other stats.

I probably didn't need to grind Kamui, but the extra stats just help out and puts him closer to Saber and pre-Grieth's Citadel myrmidon Jesse.

Also, Brave Sword is an awesome sword.
Honestly I just wanted to build a good healer now that they’re decent again, and I’m bored with the Maria and Sakura that I’ve had for ages. Serra has funny quotes and I had a +Spd/-HP one and plenty of feathers. Right now the plan is Atk+6 and maybe Wings of Mercy, but I might do the Speed+3 Seal instead, and if I ever get a bad natured Genny, I’ll give her Wrathful Staff and give her weapon the Dazzling upgrade

Top Bottom