• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Agreed. I just dislike the light-effects on her special, so I went with the standard pose.

Maybe if I get another ike out of my 11% pity timer, I can get myself a somewhat decent special-abuser...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, i'm a bit upset. I've used 3 Rare Core Crystals and all three have yielded Common Blades. I know it's possible to get Commons from Rare Core Crystals (and vice versa) but what the actual heck is the % rate for getting Rares from Rare Core Crystals.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My theory is they're making a Xenoblade mobage/MMO and have implemented this system into a console game to desensitize potential players to the disappointment of gacha ahead of time.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My theory is they're making a Xenoblade mobage/MMO
A few months ago, there was a job listing for Monolith Soft. They wanted someone who's got experience in MMO development. Coupled with concept art they released....

Whatever it is, it's Monolith's next project (or one of them anyway. Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 wee being developed at the same time).

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Finished Chapter 2 of XC2 and I'm liking it so far. Of course some things are a tad confusing but I'll learn myself as I play more of it.
Malos said ****. I think this is the first Nintendo game ever to actually say a swear.
XCX had some swears, and Bayonetta 2 did as well (if you want to count that). It's rare but nothing new.
Ok, i'm a bit upset. I've used 3 Rare Core Crystals and all three have yielded Common Blades. I know it's possible to get Commons from Rare Core Crystals (and vice versa) but what the actual heck is the % rate for getting Rares from Rare Core Crystals.
I've used 2 rare core crystals so far and 1 of them had a rare Blade in it :colorful:
Someone named Godfrey and he's a tank. Nia was the one who summoned him. Not sure if Healer/Tank is a good combo but I'm only on Chapter 3 so any combo no matter how bad it is should still work this early in the game.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
both bayonetta games have a fair amount of swearing, but they're both rated M, so that's not really surprising

which reminds me that i totally need to replay them again

they're both up there on my favorite games list because they're just amazingly good

all of you should play the bayonetta games if you haven't already

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon those that identify as Zelda mains. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I through all my gems at it because Six Samurai is one of the few archetypes I liked.

Not even sure when I'll make that deck though.
Six Samurai seems like it can be usable; however with Cyber Angels, Ninjas and other Tier 0-1 Decks running around, I think it's going to be tough for SixSam to make incredible plays or be viable.

I did throw a few Gems at the box; but I mainly focused on trying to get Mirror Wall, which will take a god damn while. :V (I still need to make a new deck; the only complete one I have is a Phoenix/Fire King deck.)

x3 Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
x2 Red Dragon Ninja
x3 Fire King Yaksha
x2 Fire King Kirin
x1 Planet Pathfinder
x2 Super Rush Headlong
x1 Enemy Controller
x3 Fire King Island
x3 Card of the Soul

Skill: Restart (Mai Valentine)

I have had a good win rate with the deck; but I feel like I could use a much better deck. Since I seem to brick often even with Restart.

Also, speaking of which; they also got a Stamp Event going on as well. I think it's a daily event? So we can probably make 80 Gems a day by just doing PVP Duels.

Btw, I now have Xenoblade 2, the Season Pass and of course. Touhou Kobuto V. :yeahboi:
Xenoblade 2 put me in a VERY good mood yesterday. I am so excited to play more of it! (I still need to play Touhou Kobuto V. Since I did find out that there's actual DLC. With Koishi being the first character to be added.)

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Afternoon those that identify as Zelda mains. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
Babysitting Chainz waifus so they don't autobattle their way into an electrical outlet or w/e. So I've been catching up on my scarves and almost done with the shawl I've been working on. All while watching The Office (US) for the first time. Three things, 1 couch, let's goooo.

I watched Parks and Recreation already, I loved it. The Office... I'm 8 episodes in and the characters that are adorable and/or interesting and/or not-stupid are in the background. While the stupidly-annoying not-funny everyone-must-love-me boss is essentially the main character. I can't see why people find this "rewatch binge worthy" or w/e unless they just skip Michael's parts. Someone pls tells me it gets better.

both bayonetta games have a fair amount of swearing, but they're both rated M, so that's not really surprising

which reminds me that i totally need to replay them again

they're both up there on my favorite games list because they're just amazingly good

all of you should play the bayonetta games if you haven't already
Bayonetta is amazing in both her games. The story is decent, the way she's portrayed is fair/not 2D, and the gameplay is just crazy-intense-fun. Bayo's def one of my favorite video game characters. I hope the talk of Bayo3 leads to something, that means she'll get a whole new wardrobe and hairstyle. New spooky hair demons maybe? Hot dude side character? The possibilities are endless.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
The latest Squad Assault was surprisingly easy. Now, however, I wonder what kinds of seals we'll be getting from now on as we've covered all the stat bonus seals. Will we continue getting repeat seals, or new ones entirely? I'm desperate for Camilla, and IS isn't helping by only giving me 1 green on average per summon, wasting my orbs.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Bayonetta is my favorite video game character of all time. I love her to death. She’s a sassy gorl hew kicks a** with guns attached to her feet. What more could you want?
More crossover outfits and for those crossover outfits to be options for SMA5H. :^)

I'm really excited to see her outfit for Bayo 3.

Luka already exists tho
Luka is an adorable precious nerdboy but he needs to be promoted to hotboy by getting in on the action. Considering his lesser role in Bayonetta 2, he probably won't be making it back into the limelight. Which is a shame because he really is a precious adorable nerdboy to have around. So that's why I kind-of-gave-up-hope-or-something on him and request we get a new hotboy.

My friends has a spun-out theory about Luka being a descendant of the Lumen Sages or some sort of hybrid like Bayonetta. One of the reasons being that he calls his escapes skill-based when it looks like they're pure luck. He subconsciously uses temporal powers to slow things down for himself, allowing him to find the best route for escaping. *shrug*

Kinda far fetched, but, like, I'd be down for any type of way to shoehorn Luka into the main action so he can have a bigger role. Lumen Sages are just the light counterparts of the Umbra Witches, so it'd be similar abilities, just with a different twist. Giving us the chance to summon some angel-thingies would be pretty cool. Maybe throw in some light/dark combos. Kind of be like LoZ: TP when Zelda busted out the Light Arrows to help. Whatever it takes. Pls just upgrade our adorable precious nerdboy to adorable precious hotboy ok thnx.

If not I demand a new hotboy who beats up lamegels and sassless demons.

The latest Squad Assault was surprisingly easy. Now, however, I wonder what kinds of seals we'll be getting from now on as we've covered all the stat bonus seals. Will we continue getting repeat seals, or new ones entirely? I'm desperate for Camilla, and IS isn't helping by only giving me 1 green on average per summon, wasting my orbs.
Squad Assault might just give Hones, Fortifies, Spurs, Drives, and flat stats? That's keep them very busy for a very long time as they churn out more Squad Assaults.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Idk how, but I’m in desperate need of Fortify Fliers and don’t have any Caedas

I also think she’s going to be my first 5*+10 project because I need someone on my flier team who I can easily merge for a better arena score. Spring Camilla and Summer Corrin are limited, so they’re not options and Elincia is 5* exclusive, which means she’s basically only possible to get when she’s a focus unit. I’ve always liked Caeda and have wanted to build her, so I thinking replacing Elincia with her would makes sense

IS pls give me Caedas ty

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i bought some orbs because i have no control over my life

i summoned only reds on the fjorm banner because i wanted caeda and the focus units are good

i got a caeda (+hp -def), but also a +atk -res ayra wtf????

i guess i'll have to train ayra up now because those ivs are basically perfect

36/37 offensive stats are no joke

her art is pretty too

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Freebies from the Enduring Love banners: +Spd, -Res 4* Cecilia from Block A and +Spd, -Atk 4* Cherche from Block B. So, no Rhajat or Dorcas for me. Aside from Tharja, I think Catria is the only one I want to join. I like Faye's design, but her Alm obsession is really off-putting for me. I haven't gotten her A support with him yet in SoV, but her C, B, and Act 2 base conversations... Anyway, Dorcas and Priscilla I didn't use much in Blazing Sword, I never played Genealogy of the Holy War, so I have no attachments to Sigurd, and that's same deal with Katarina and Rhajat who at least has she's basically Tharja thing going on, but I don't know enough about her.

As for SoV, I experienced the desert...
... with Desert Stronghold. It sucked. What made it worse was that most of the enemies were archers equipped with iron bows or better giving them anti-fliers since without an equipped bow, they don't do bonus damage to fliers, so Catria and Palla's unrestricted movement wasn't that useful when I didn't want to risk getting them killed. Leon basically did everything except for taking care of the mages which I had Genny draw out with Invoke and having Boey and Mae finish them with thunder. When it got to the point where all, but one mercenary was left standing, nobody moved, so I didn't know what was going on. I had Leon shoot him and then everyone started moving with Wolff attacking Leon. After that, I set up Valbar as a chokepoint -- why not, he's a freaking baron because of my shenanigans -- for Leon to pick off the other archers along with Boey for some of them since I left him in range. Leon gained 2 levels and he was around level 12. I cannot imagine the horror that will be with more desert maps and later, swamps.

Really considering if I should make Atlas an archer instead of a cavalier as I had planned. I hate desert maps in Fire Emblem. Even the mages who according to Serenes Forest, suffer the same movement penalty on sand, 2 movement cost per tile, as other infantry. In the other games, infantry mages don't suffer movement penalties on deserts.

On the subject of archers, Kliff became the first unit that got to level 20 without actual grinding. I think it might have to do with steel bow's low hit rate or something, but a lot of units were fixated on killing him despite him having the highest overall attack, skill, and speed of all the characters. And for the mages, he has good resistance too. If it wasn't him, then they went after Python or someone else in range. Although Kliff did get 10 extra level ups as a villager, he got really lucky, so his stats are insane compared to everyone else. Not just Python and Leon, but everyone else. He's a sniper now and the only reason I would promote him early is to get more movement since his stats far exceed that of a bow knight's. Otherwise, I might as well use the 20 level ups to make him even more of a monster. 20 Atk, 22 Skill, and 23 Spd... I'm only at the Sylvan Shrine!

Meanwhile, in the realm of the mortals. I decided to grind Atlas, Clive, Jesse, and Forsyth as well. Starting with Forsyth, Mathilda's map and the maps so far on Alm's route are really large and units like Forsyth and Lukas don't really get to do much. So, I just had Forsyth get to level 20 and become a knight as a bump for whenever he actually does fight. His stats are pretty much identical to Lukas's except for him having higher HP. Lukas really got lucky with speed in that case to match Forsyth.

With Clive, I don't know, I just felt like doing it. He was fine otherwise and I prefer his cavalier look over his paladin look with those silly shoulders. It did let me compare him with Mathilda a bit. Different stat spreads, RNG, and all, level 15-20 cavalier Clive is like a level 1 paladin Mathilda. It was when he had the same stat total as hers and by the time he reached level 20, similar attack and speed to hers. I can really see why people say Clive isn't good when he starts out at level 9 at the end of Act 1 and you get Mathilda a little later when you get back on Alm's route at Act 3. Getting Clive to level 10 and immediately promoting him to paladin wouldn't help much when if he missed out on an attack and speed level up, he'd only have 12 attack and 8 speed as a paladin while Mathilda would have 12 attack and 12 speed. At most, he can only get 1 more attack and 1 speed if you promote him right away since he's level 9 and in that case, he'd have 13 attack and 8 speed. He also has half her skill as well; Clive's skill is 7 to her 14. If you're grinding or you like Clive and want to do the best you can to make him stronger, then it might not matter, but for others and for LTC and efficiency runs, yeah, Clive's not that great while Mathilda is a beast.

Atlas, well, he's a villager who has great attack and HP, but meh everything else. Still not sure what to make of him and I just wanted the extra 10 levels for him to get whatever stats he can get. Jesse's in the boat of I don't think I'm going to use him much, so like Valbar, might as well make him strong so when he contributes, he contributes well.

It's weird, but I still don't feel like I need to promote my units. They're doing fine for me, but the extra movement when some of them promote would be much appreciated. Same deal with forging where I could just forge an iron bow or steel bow for Python and Kliff, respectively, but it's not really going to change much outside of letting Python hit more accurately.

Also, Luthier is apparently voiced by Brian Beacock, the voice of Lloyd Irving, and his "Easy pickings" quote reminds me of Clank, who is voiced by David Kaye, in Ratchet & Clank. I half expect him to crack Clank's "hehehehe" laugh whenever I hear him at the start of a battle.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Finally pulled Hector, Deidre, and a +ATK/-HP Bunilla. My first Celica and Arya too, so now I have Distant DEF.

Also got done grinding TT TWICE and I am dead inside.

So this feels like a fair trade-off.

• T R U E • I N S P I R A T I O N •

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I played Nia basically the entire day in XC2, she' way more fun than Rex imo. Tank Nia is pretty awful but she' also incredibly fun to play so it balances out I guess.
I'e wasted maybe 15 Common Core Crystals and 2 more Rare ones on Rex to try and see if he could get a better Blade and nothing. I had Nia use a single Common crystal because why not and she got another Rare Blade. Gorl your luck is only 2 higher than Rex's, share your out-of-universe luck with some other people pls.
Anyways Nia got Kora who's another healer which Nia should appreciate. She' also my first electric Blade so that should help with Blade combos n junk.
I just finished Chapter 3 and I unlocked the third Blade slot so that's the main reason I really want some other good options for Rex. Oh but don't worry about Nia since she already has 3 rare Blades. And for Tora, ngl I spent 2 solid hours playing Tiger Tiger earlier so he and Poppi are fine.

For Heroes, I finally summoned my first Roy today. Seriously I've been playing since launch and I've spent a surprising amount on this game (nowhere close to Puddin levels but enough that I should've gotten some rando 4 star that's been in the game since launch) and it took me 10 months to get him. Well now I have TA3 fodder not named that-spare--Spd-Axura-that-I-wanted-to-use-for-merging-if-I-ever-got-a-Roy so that's nice.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Done some rounds today and watched a few clips from the 2GGC. Elegant was going nuts.

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo think you can help with this deck I wanna build? I've been talking about it numerous times before; so I thought I'd ask you for your opinion.

Idea: Deny opponent of attacking with Massivemorph and Astral Barrier which in turn will allow Cyber Tutu to attack directly.

Deck so far:
x3 Cyber Tutu
x2/3 1800 Beater
x3 Massivemorph
x1 Assault Armour
x1 Magical Mallet
x1 Astral Barrier

The Skill I will probably run with this is Balance. I could run that one Trap that negates damage/monster destruction too. I'll have to wait and see.

Though someone I talk to on Discord suggests I try and make a Weevil Burn deck involving Tutu. Maybe.

Sure, it'll be a gimmicky deck; but it seems like it'll be fun to play. :yeahboi:

Speaking of which; I've managed to unlock Ishizu now. Got one of the essential cards for Farming; but I don't have some other cards which are needed to farm. I'll try and get myself Pirahna Army and Gift of the Martyr.

Also, Xenoblade 2 is still really god damn fun! I'm really enjoying it more and more. <3

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Xenoblade Chapter 2 spoilers, cause things happened

> In Chapter 2, there's a scene where they have to use Rex's hookshot to climb up to a flyship opening. Makes no sense and was really just done to make a "Pyra is fat lol" joke, even though Pyra's already shown in multiple previous cutscenes that she can more than make that jump.

> Once on the ship, they head to save Nia's lion dakimakura and Pyra nearly kills him because she thought a geyser of steel melting flame (went through almost like butter) right through the middle of the door was the best way to open it, then apologized and said sometimes she doesn't know how hot to make it...but she does. It's literally one of her personal skills, like cooking.

> Later on, they need to open a locked door to continue on, but the control panel isn't on. They spy what they think is the power board above them on the second floor of the hanger and decide to walk around half the ship to find stairs to get up to there, press the button, then jump over the railing back to the door.

Only Rex could have just hookshotted up. And Gramps and Poppi can fly. Any of those would have been self-consistent, especially because they call back to the ship shaft later by how Poppi is super strong.

> Rex needs to stop thinking with his ****, holy ****.

Rex: "Why are you after her!"

Morag: "Last time she was free, she annihilated three continents. She must be destroyed."

Pyra: *Whistles innocently while avoiding eye contact*

Rex: "She's a liiivvvviiinnnggg bbbeeeeeiiinnnngggg"

Morag: "Who slaughters thousands everywhere she goes, you got a point there kid? Now get out of the way before she kills everyone...again."

Rex: "You just want to capture her and use her as a weapon!"

Morag: "So, like, is it my accent messing you up? Or do you just not listen to anything a woman says unless they've ordered you to grope their chest?"

i summoned only reds on the fjorm banner because i wanted caeda and the focus units are good
Went back in to get some other focus unit, preferably a blue one.

Got another Hector on a red/green only session.

The game just does not want to give me anything else.

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo think you can help with this deck I wanna build? I've been talking about it numerous times before; so I thought I'd ask you for your opinion.
I should probably send you a duel link friend request at some point.

If you specifically want a gimmick desk to make use of massivemorph: Half Shut + Massivemorph + Amazoness Swords Woman = gg.

If what you really want is a "direct directly" gimmick deck: Cyber Tutu ought would functionally similar to a Wetlands (water) or a Flame Sprite deck (fire) I'd assume. There's also Shadow Slayer, but I've never used it. The big problem is you can make it so she isn't destroyed by a monster, but that doesn't stop magic/trap cards from just stopping her attack. And her attack is so low that she's going to need at least four turns of attacking to win. I think your backrow is going to be overwhelmed, and you'll lose if they swarm you which is sort of the meta atm.

So...what would you consider your ideal hand, here? Cause I'm thinking about what I typically see people play, and they don't even have to summon a monster right a way. Just if my starting hand was 2 beaters, two enemy controllers and...idk, a hero emerges, what would you be able to do?

Done some rounds today and watched a few clips from the 2GGC. Elegant was going nuts.
Out of curiosity, how are you watching it? I suddenly can't stream twitch in my Wii U anymore and last time that happened you had the magical solution.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I should probably send you a duel link friend request at some point.

If you specifically want a gimmick desk to make use of massivemorph: Half Shut + Massivemorph + Amazoness Swords Woman = gg.

If what you really want is a "direct directly" gimmick deck: Cyber Tutu ought would functionally similar to a Wetlands (water) or a Flame Sprite deck (fire) I'd assume. There's also Shadow Slayer, but I've never used it. The big problem is you can make it so she isn't destroyed by a monster, but that doesn't stop magic/trap cards from just stopping her attack. And her attack is so low that she's going to need at least four turns of attacking to win. I think your backrow is going to be overwhelmed, and you'll lose if they swarm you which is sort of the meta atm.

So...what would you consider your ideal hand, here? Cause I'm thinking about what I typically see people play, and they don't even have to summon a monster right a way. Just if my starting hand was 2 beaters, two enemy controllers and...idk, a hero emerges, what would you be able to do?
True. I will need to find a good way around these issues if I want to make this deck.

Also, if you want to add me. My ID is 699-271-276.

Out of curiosity, how are you watching it? I suddenly can't stream twitch in my Wii U anymore and last time that happened you had the magical solution.
I noticed that Wii U is no longer capable having it run too. So I've just been a lazy pleb and have it running on my PC. :V

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just finished Ch.3 so here are my thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so far

Positives:

• The story is much better than the first game. Xenoblade 1 had a great story but it started out slow and it didn't get good until after the Ether Mine and Prison Island (the first time) was when it really started to become good. Meanwhile, Xenoblade 2's story got good in just one chapter and it's stayed good. One of the biggest advantages in Xenoblade 2's story is that everyone in the party is relevant. In Xenoblade 1, the party members had varying degrees of relevancy, with Riki being basically non-existent in the plot. Of course, i just started Ch.4 so this could change but for now, let's just say that the first 20-or so hours of Xenoblade 2 are better than the first 20-or so hours of Xenoblade 1.
  • The combat is much better than in Xenoblade 1 because it's more strategic and also really satisfying to pull off.
  • Rex is a really good protagonist. Never does he ever feel generic imo. Same goes for Pyra.
  • Actually, that goes for all the party members.
  • The voice acting, while not as good as the voice acting in Xenoblade 1, is still very good. Much better than what they sounded like in the trailers.
  • The Heart-to-Hearts are fully voiced. Nuff said.
  • Actually, i'm gonna add on to that. Heart-to-Hearts in this game seem to involve most or all of the party members and i love that. Was this the case in X as well? I know in 1, it was just between two party members.
  • I'm actually surprised some people are having issues with the navigation because i feel this is the best one yet. Not once did i ever feel lost during a sidequest.
  • The Blade system, even if it's random, works well so far.
  • The world is beautiful. Uraya is right up there with night-time Satorl Marsh and night-time Sylvalum for most beautiful Xenoblade locations.
  • The towns feel very much alive to the point that i don't really miss the NPC/town Affinity Chart
  • Xenoblade 2's music>>>Xenoblade 1's music>>>>>>>>Xenoblade X's music.
Negatives

• When Skip Traveling to another Titan, the game takes a few seconds to catch up so you end up spawning in an area with unfinished textures and stuff for like two-four seconds.
  • Why is X the Skip Travel menu and not the main menu? This is more of a personal nitpick because Xenoblade Chronicles 3D's main menu button was X and 2 is just messing with my muscle memory
  • The Skip Travel menu defaults to Argentum instead of whatever Titan you're on.
  • Rare Core Crystals spawn Common Blades more often than Rare Blades and that shouldn't happen.
  • The SP cost to level up Arts starts to get high after just one level up. It doesn't appear that leveling up Arts is as important as it was in 1 but c'mon.
  • Not being able to see what aggro type the enemies are.
  • Whenever a Blade unlocks a new part of their Affinity Chart, you have to actually go into their Affinity Chart to activate whatever it is they got. Instead of the game automatically unlocking it when you complete the requirements. This can very easily be fixed.
  • Changing targets during battle feels awkward and outside of battle, you just can't. At least i haven't been able to.
  • I know i said the voice acting is good. And it is. Except for when Rex just can't scream. His screams just sound forced.
If i had to rate the game right now, it'd be a 8.7/10. This rating is expected to go up the more i play though. I mean, this game is already my Game of the Year.

On a side note, does anyone know the name of the battle theme that plays when you fight other, non-story important Drivers? It's so good and i haven't been able to find it yet.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh, so that's how you get Divine Dew in Heroes. You get them by refining normal weapons. I thought it was a conversion thing where you could convert refining stones to divine dew. Me being a weirdo, I kind of wished you could get the regular version of a refined weapon, so if you refine Armorslayer+ to Armorsmasher+, you also get Armorsmasher, the non-plus version. Huh, that would have made the whole can't inherit Guard Bow+ without Guard Bow an easier thing since you could just inherit Guard Bow and Guard Bow+ from evolving Setsuna or whoever's Assassin's Bow+.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not sure which build to give Caeda, so I've basically given her like everything

I promoted a Fir for Killing Edge+ and Glacies. It's really cool that the units with Killer weapons are now super useful as fodder since their weapons can easily be refined into the Slaying weapons.

I also sacrificed a 5* Athena to her for Wo Dao+ and Moonbow.

I'm currently running Fury as her A slot, but I did pull 2 Hectors from the Fjorm banner, so I think I'll probably use one to give Caeda DC.

For her B slot, I think I want to run one of either Desperation (bc synergy with Fury), QR (to double the faster mages when using DC), or Swordbreaker (bc swords tend to be some of the fastest units)

edit: just remembered that i have a 5* ogma i can sacrifice for brave sword+. i'll probably try out a brave sword+/L&D3 build sometime

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Since it's close to the end of the year, I guess it's time to do the "Best _____s of the year." I'll do one each week and other gorls can make their own if u want. I'm going to choose 3 for each list unless some honorable mention or something pops up.
This week I'm doing the best OST's since it's the only one I've prepared.
1) Danganronpa V3
Oof the music here hits you hard. The music here is so weird and yet it fits perfectly with the mood of the game. There's Moon on the Water and Clair de Lune which could play for 2 seconds and that's enough to make you feel absolutely depressed. Beautiful Lie is more relaxing but with a hint of unease, knowing anyone could wind up dead at any moment. All of the trial music can put you in a panicked state (I mean, one of the songs is titled PANIC, all in caps like that lol). And then there's Let's Kill Each Other, a song played specifically to drive you insane. But it still sounds kinda good somehow?
But yeah, the music is good, memorable, and every song carries emotional impact.

2) Fire Emblem Echoes
I won't say as much for this one since most people here have played it (or at least heard some of its music through Heroes). All of the map themes are fantastic and they fit the character of their respective paths well. The overworld themes are also beautiful, as well as the credits theme. My 1 complaint is that the enemy phase music got pretty annoying after a while, but it only lasts a few seconds anyways.

3) ARMS
The main theme is literally just Twintelle and Ribbon Girl saying "oh" and "nah" over and over again why is it so catchy. I feel like I should be annoyed by it by now but I like it as much as I did the first time I heard it. Even with its remixes for when you watch replays and at Sparring Ring it sounds great. The stage music itself is great too, although you can't hear it very well in-game as there's usually someone making Sm4sh Bayo screams over it. Via Dolce is probably my favorite one since the accordion and violin give me major flashbacks to Triforce Heroes' fantastic OST if only the stage itself was as good as its music.

As for an honorable mention, Miitopia had an unexpectedly good OST. The game itself exists purely as a meme, and the music in it has no right being as fantastic as it is. All of the battle music in it is super catchy.

Xenoblade 2 may have made the list but the environmental music isn't very memorable so far but the game has only been out for 3 days. After a while when I get a better listen to it (and listen to the later themes for the first time since I'm avoiding as much as I can for this game), it'll most likely end up taking ARMS' spot.
Xenoblade 2 being super recent is going to be the biggest problem for it in all of these lists but I wanted to make them before the year ended so yeah.
1 game in particular is going to get a ton of bias from me (and probably a second one as well) in these lists, but it deserves it.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

So the 2GG Championship has come to a close and that concludes the final Smash 4 Super Major of the year. If anyone wants the results, I'll leave them in a spoiler:

1st. MKLeo :4metaknight::4cloud::4marth:
2nd. ZeRo :4diddy:
3rd. Salem :4bayonetta:
4th. Dabuz :rosalina::4olimar:
5th. Elegant :4luigi:
5th. KEN :4sonic:
7th. VoiD :4sheik:
7th. Abadango :4bayonetta::4mewtwo:

Highlight for me was Elegant's amazing plays against Salem in the Round Robin and strangely enough; timing out KEN. That is probably the only time a Time Out will be hype.

Also, if I had to list my Top 5 Games of the Year; they'd have to be...

Super Mario Odyssey (SWITCH) -

This game has become the essential Nintendo Switch game; and by god, it's amazing at what it does. All the variety of worlds, characters, gameplay mechanics and even the return of the last challenge all make it great.

The music is just fantastic and I love how you can actually customise Mario's appearance as well to designs he has had in the past (From his original outfit in Donkey Kong, to even the Scientist costume from the Super Game Boy commerical. It's insane on how much care went into this.) I still need to beat the Darker Side of the Moon and I want to do it legit; it'll feel so satisfying to do and it'll be a great way to end off my playthrough of Odyssey.

That is... unless your DarkSydePhil who takes the easy way out by cheating to beat the Darker Side because he hates a challenge. smh.

Sonic Mania (PC/PS4/XBONE/SWITCH) -

Who'd have thought that Sonic would make his triumphant return (Until Sonic Forces came out), but aside from its brief time in the sunlight; Sonic Mania is fantastic! The music done by Tee Lopes (Who also did an intro song for SomeCallMeJohnny) and it really sells me on how great the soundtrack is, I even listen to the Final Boss song it's THAT good. The replay value for this game is really damn high as well; different paths and routes to take, different characters to play, modes etc.

Also, if you plan on finishing this game off with one final playthrough; I advise you go through it once more in Knuckles & Knuckles mode; it is one treat I cannot recommend enough. Also, my favourite zones from Mania have to be Flying Battery and Metallic Madness. :secretkpop:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WII U/SWITCH) -

Originally a Wii U title, now both for that and the Switch! :yeahboi:

I'm so glad that Nintendo started off the launch of the Switch with such a strong title.

The fact that this is the only Zelda game to throw you in and just tells you to do whatever you want is quite a huge step in a different direction and a very good one.

I love how different this one is as well; tons of weapons, cooking mechanics, ways to play; the list just goes on. There's just SO MUCH stuff to do in this game. I can defeat the boss since I've gotten every weapon of each clan, but I can tell I'm FAR from done with this game. It's going to be a while before I can actually beat it, and I'm going to have a lot more fun because of it.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst/Blaster Master ZERO (3DS/SWITCH) -

It was a hard choice for me, since I really liked both of these games; so I thought I'd just shovel them together.

Now, I'll say this... Might Gunvolt Burst is a TRUE Mega Man successor than Mighty No. 9 ever will be. Gunvolt Burst has the theme of customisation and it pulls it off really well, numerous playstyles can be made from this mechanic of being able to change what Beck and Gunvolt can do; one loadout can have projectiles that penetrate through walls, whereas another loadout can have a curved shot. This really adds up to its replay value on how you can change up your weapon and your playstyle, definitely something worth checking out.

Blaster Master ZERO on the otherhand is a flat out remake of the original but with some stuff added to it; such as combining the stories of both the localized version and the Japanese version of Blaster Master; the emphasis on exploration is really interesting and each zone has to make you think on how to traverse them, some more easier then others. Not only that, but both games have DLC as well:

Gunvolt BURST has Ekoro and Call, with each of them having their own stories.
Blaster Master ZERO has Gunvolt, Ekoro, Shantae and Shovel Knight; each one playing completely differently (E.g. Shantae doesn't have a main projectile attack; so she has to rely on her subs. And Gunvolt has the highest jump in the game, but is poor in underwater sections as he cannot kill with his tag shot).

If you haven't played either of these games, go and do it now. They're definitely worth your time.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (SWITCH) -

This was one of my most anticipated games to come out this year; and I'm VERY satisfied with the end result of the product. The game is more anime inspired then the other two in the series, but it's still an extremely good game and one I definitely recommend. The music is just. Amazing. The characters are all nice and likable, the world is brimming with life and different cultures and races, the list goes on.

This is one game I'll definitely be playing more and more even into 2018. That is, if Blazblue Cross Tag Battle doesn't take me over. :V

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade 2 may have made the list but the environmental music isn't very memorable so far
This following song was heard in the Direct and was later sampled a few days before release so i think it's ok to put it here
I have to very much disagree that the environmental music isn't very memorable. The only one i can think of is the Ancient Ship in Ch.1 and that's because you never go back to it after that.

Anyway, my Top 3 Games of the Year are
  1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: I fell in love with this game at first sight. The world is beautiful, the music further proves why Xenoblade Chronicles, as a series, has the best music out of any Nintendo franchise, the combat is the best in the series (though i say that without comparing it to X, as i've never played), the characters are super lovable, the story got good in just one hour. This game is amazing. It's the main reason i got a Switch. Rex for Smash 5 please. I haven't beaten the game yet but my main criticisms of the game are listed in those thoughts i posted earlier.
  2. Super Mario Odyssey: While i do question whether it should be considered as the best 3D Mario (i personally think Super Mario Galaxy 2 had better level design, even if the structure of the game is entirely different), it is still an amazing game. Being able to Capture almost anything is amazing. My personal favorite Capture probably has to be the water octopus in the Seaside Kingdom. Searching for the Moons is a blast and changing Mario's outfits is pretty great too. Most of the Kingdoms followed the standard Mario formula but they were all still pretty unique. And seeing references to past Mario games is always a good thing. The Darker Side wasn't that hard, except for the cloud sea portion with the little spiky guys and the rings. My main criticism here are that some Kingdoms feel too small (Snow Kingdom, for example) and the bosses don't put up a fight, even for Mario standards. The Broodal Mech rematch in the Dark Side was actually easier than the one in Bowser's Kingdom. Also, the Luncheon Kingdom sucks and so does Fireball Mario, because momentum with that thing is ***.
  3. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: This is my favorite Fire Emblem game. All of the unique twists such as HP Magic Cost, terrain actually being relevant, and dunegons made for a pretty enjoyable experience. The cast being smaller helped and having some non-Lords be story relevant was an amazing touch that i hope future Fire Emblem games continue to do.
Honorable mentions
  1. Blaster Master Zero: As a big Inti Creates fan, i was very happy with Blaster Master Zero. I typically don't play Metroidvanias but Blaster Master Zero was a fun game and the DLC characters expand on it.
  2. Mighty Gunvolt Burst: This was what Mighty No.9 should've been. Great level design, customizing your shots is amazing, the music is catchy and each character plays differently. The most interesting thing is that Mighty Gunvolt Burst is canon to both the Gunvolt and Mighty No.9 universes. And if you want to get to the DLC, the Gal*Gun universe as well. Speaking of, i'm looking forward to Gal*Gun 2 on the Switch for......research purposes.
  3. Breath of the Wild: My first Switch game, Breath of the Wild was very good with exploration and experimentation. However, the nature of the game makes it very unreplayable. Once you beat Ganon, the motivation to keep playing just drops immensely. Still, i love how this game lets you play however you want. There are no rules.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Gunvolt BURST has Ekoro and Call, with each of them having their own stories.
And Joule

You know, shoutout to Inti Ceates for making each of the DLC characters free for the first two weeks of each character's release in both Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. That's the best DLC method i've seen. Why they didn't do it with Call and Joule in MGB is beyond me.

what the bloody hell is this

it's amazing
Honestly, the Mor Ardain day theme might be the best day theme in the series.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was gonna make a top 3, then realized all but five games I played this year were much older than 2017 :drsad: I'll just take the opportunity to shill Etrian Odyssey 5 again I guess, real good RPG.

If I had a Switch, Odyssey'd probably make the list.

I wasn't aware that MGB was an actual game as opposed to MG being more or less a playable ad. I'll have to look into that at some point.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So Capcom had their Megaman 30th year anniversary stream.

1) Megaman X 1-8 are coming to the Switch (and everything else)
2) Megaman Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are coming to the Switch (and everything else)
3) Megaman 11 has been announced for everything.

At least we can be sure it'll be better than Mighty Number 9, not sure Legacy Collection 2 is worth the price if I really just want to finally play 9

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So Capcom had their Megaman 30th year anniversary stream.

1) Megaman X 1-8 are coming to the Switch (and everything else)
2) Megaman Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are coming to the Switch (and everything else)
3) Megaman 11 has been announced for everything.

At least we can be sure it'll be better than Mighty Number 9, not sure Legacy Collection 2 is worth the price if I really just want to finally play 9
That moment when you realize that Mega Man 1-11+the entire X series will be playable on one platform.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cress! Cress! , Armagon Armagon , and whoever else played or are playing Shadows of Valentia: how did you go about with forging weapons?

I know you can get forge exclusive weapons like the Zweihander from a forged Steel Sword which is apparently a really good sword. Also, it's hilariously cheap to forge the Golden Dagger into a decent weapon. Anyway, aside from things like forging Ridersbane, Alm's Royal Sword, and the Killer Bow whenever I can get that, I'm not sure what to do. For one, apparently a forged Steel Bow and Silver Bow are pretty much the same with differences in hit and critical rates. Forged Iron Bow seems really good for archers with low or unlucky skill growths like Python.

Part of this does come from feeling a bit over leveled, especially on Alm's side. Ahem, Kliff. At the same time, high defense units like the bonewalkers and knights are concerning when I can't get mages in range of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom