• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I kinda-sorta want to get back into FEH but I haven't played in forever. My team is so far behind idk if I could ever catch up with the meta again
I don't think the game is deep enough to have massive meta shifts. Power creep is definitely a thing but a lot of the units from day 1 are still perfectly usable today.

Nino + Erika is still a strong team comp in PvP.
Ofc you could wait for the next hero fest banner (whenever that is) to reroll.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I want to say that Hero Fest 2 still shows up for new accounts, but I could be wrong and misinterpreted a post from reddit

Tbh the new Death Blow banner would be pretty decent to reroll on

But yeah, you could definitely pick up Heroes again from where you left off. The old units are still good. Power creep isn’t that bad atm

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Even then, the power creep is kind of...limited in scope? Like, S+ units being outdone by new S+ units, mostly.

Like, Mama Julia is basically better than Julia, but Julia is still Julia so it doesn't really matter.

Or, like, wasting a Brave Ike to upgrade normal Ike's Heavy Blade 3 to Steady Breath. It's better, yeah, but it's not worth it.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I want to say that Hero Fest 2 still shows up for new accounts, but I could be wrong and misinterpreted a post from reddit

Tbh the new Death Blow banner would be pretty decent to reroll on

But yeah, you could definitely pick up Heroes again from where you left off. The old units are still good. Power creep isn’t that bad atm
They do, atleast as far as I can believe the questions section of Feh reddit. Same with still able to choose your free brave-hero.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
They do, atleast as far as I can believe the questions section of Feh reddit. Same with still able to choose your free brave-hero.
That's really cool that the free CYL unit is still up

Rickster Rickster , if you really want to get back into the game, it might be best to make a new account and reroll, unless you're super attached to the units you have right now

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I never thought I'd stumble across a video that represents my "summoning sessions -> getting a 5* I want -> only to find out it has the absolute worst IVs". Yet here it is. What a wonderful world we live in. What a time to be a live. What profoundness we are graced with thanks to videos like this.

Get out of my game, Puddin.
Give me 1000 orbs and I'll get out of anywhere you want, bby. :^)

Boi, that Unique Monster theme blows You Will Know Our Names and Uncontrollable out of the water.
Pretty sure Uncontrollable is still da bess out of them all. Unless you're talking about the instrumental-only version of Uncontrollable then... Y'know, they're probably all about the same. Top tier songs for sure.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don't think the game is deep enough to have massive meta shifts. Power creep is definitely a thing but a lot of the units from day 1 are still perfectly usable today.

Nino + Erika is still a strong team comp in PvP.
Ofc you could wait for the next hero fest banner (whenever that is) to reroll.
That's really cool that the free CYL unit is still up

Rickster Rickster , if you really want to get back into the game, it might be best to make a new account and reroll, unless you're super attached to the units you have right now
Hmm well I do still have Nino and Eirika...and I did log in to get my free Urvan Ike when that thing was going on. And I have a Ruby Sword Olivia for my dancer. So I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to get back in

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Hmm well I do still have Nino and Eirika...and I did log in to get my free Urvan Ike when that thing was going on. And I have a Ruby Sword Olivia for my dancer. So I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to get back in
That team is fine for basically most of the non pvp content.

The only thing I would recommend is swapping out olivia for a blue unit to deal with sword users.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah uhhh...take those warnings seriously. Though the game is less jumpscares and more psychological horror
Still some that can be considered jumpscares though
I did say I didn't see the tags at first before spoiling myself on what the game is about. In general, I avoid playing horror games. I will watch them if whoever is playing it can make it trivial or hilarious like SSoHPKC did with any horror game and apparently what ProtonJon does after watching his Dead Space 2 streams. Door Gods! :p

Anyway, it's mostly because of the grotesqueness of them -- I'm squeamish -- and jumpscares which apparently Doki Doki Literature Club! has. Psychological horror, especially subtle ones where it's sometimes not the focal point of the game, I can handle and like because of how twisted it can be which is fun to stumble upon a realization of how screwed a world is.

Speaking of groetesqueness, I HATE the new? goddamned Real Cost, anti-smoking ad where it shows a dude searching "What is..." something that starts with a M -- not entirely sure what the word is, but I think it involves the jaw -- and for like a frame or two, it flashes an image of someone's jaw missing or something bloody disgusting. I get it! Smoking is bad; it leads to cancer that affect your lungs, jaw?, and throat which can result in other than dying, having your jaw removed or a hole made in your throat so you can breath or whatever it's actually for. First time the ad played, I thought it was an ad to a horror film -- I hate using YouTube during October for this reason -- and panicked when the flash thing happened: "Nonononono!!! Ad skip! Ad skip!!! ADDDDD SKIPPPPPP!" ;_;

Also, I think you should keep your Xander since nobody knows exactly when he'll return and summoning a Klein, Subaki, or even Deirdre or Leo is a guaranteed eventual inevitability... Wow, that phrase kind of sucks. Basically, you can always get them later on since they're always in the summoning pool while Xander, the only sword cavalry with built-in Distant Counter and 37 base defense currently, isn't guaranteed to always be there in some shape or form. I think he will return since as of infernal Ursula, the GHB re-runs with infernal difficulties have been going in order, so he'll be after Zephiel who is preceded by Navarre and Michalis who should be the next GHB re-run.

Speaking of which, it's a reason why I think, Rickster Rickster , you shouldn't make a new account and re-roll. Making a new account to have two accounts to play is fine if you're into that thing, but if you have Camus and Xander, then it might be best to just continue where you left off since every GHB unit has had a repeat -- Michalis, Navarre, and Zephiel didn't have infernal difficulties when they were repeated since that was before it was introduced --, but Camus, Xander, and the GHBs after Clarisse's: Berkut, Valter, and Arvis. Lloyd's the only odd one out who was the first pre-infernal difficulty GHB to have been repeated with an infernal difficulty.

And speaking of FEH. This piece of crap game. I'm up to a 4.25% pity rate on the Halloween banner now. Just. Give. Me. Jakob, Henry, or Nowi, game. Preferably Nowi or Jakob.
4* Chrom: +Res, -Def. Ew, back to Ylisse you go.

4* Nino: +Atk, -Def. Ha, I have a +Atk, -Def and +Spd, -Def Nino.

4* Roderick: +Spd, -HP. Well, that's better than -Atk.

3* Subaki: +Spd, -Res. This could be interesting, but a speedy tank is something Tana and BH Lucina would be better at because of their legendary weapons boosting their defense while letting them keep high attack. Also, summer F!Robin who dumped her HP for high bulk and good speed. There's also the issue of resistance which isn't one of Subaki's strengths and his default kit letting him ignore his speed and making him a great sword wall.

4* Tailtiu: +Atk, -Res. Thanks for showing up after your introduction banner and then after the TT you were a bonus unit in. Really helpful. That said, +Atk is awesome.

4* Caeda: +Def, -Spd. I finally have her, but she almost me made fear that she was a pity breaker. Still, inopportune time and with a crappy bane.

3* Cherche: +Spd, -Res. Well, that's a copy of the other one.

4* Gordin: +Spd, -Atk. Every freaking Gordin has been -Atk, -Def, or -HP. Just why? I need your freaking bulk and I need you to not be -Atk. I'm at a point where I might make a +Def, -Res Virion a ghetto Gordin to tide things over.

3* Jagen: +Res, -Atk. The worst part is he's 3*, so I have to promote him to get Fortify Cavalry for someone. I think I've only summoned one 4* Jagen out of the butt-ton of 3* Jagens.

4* Sully: +Atk, -HP. Please go away. I have like 12 of you and I think two of them share this boon and bane.

Also, 4* +Res, -Def Abel from the Death Blow banner.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I got a second Takumi (same +HP/-Def as my first) I would be happy, but I kinda discouraged myself from doing that Owl team since it probably wouldn’t be doing much good for the cost. Now idk what to do with the second Takumi

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
units who would want cc are bulky mages likes fates!leon, halloween henry, or boey and also someone like halloween joker would appreciate it too

it's basically units with high def who would want it, but it's not that useful, especially compared to other a slot skills

it's probs better on units that can receive emblem buffs to help boost damage output and/or heighten defensive stats

i run cc on my gronnowl+ halloween henry and he's super good with the +12 def/res from ward stacking and the +3 to all stats from 3 adjacent allies, which puts him up to 41 def and 51 res, and allows him to attack at all ranges

i also gave cc to my halloween joker, but i'm not done training him up, so i can't comment on him as of yet

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Spritzee gets Nasty Plot as an egg move in Ultra Sun/Moon

I guess the actual Pokemon throws shade now too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
obviously gamefreak saw my post history and decided that it was time to make spritzee's shade spray canon

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just taking it easy now since I've finished my first assessment.

holy ****ing **** this **** is ****ing amazing this soundtrack what the **** hype
That guitar riff during the battle theme is just godlike! <3 (I am curious if we'll be able to remove Rex from the leading party like how we could in XC1 with Shulk.)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Pretty sure Uncontrollable is still da bess out of them all. Unless you're talking about the instrumental-only version of Uncontrollable then... Y'know, they're probably all about the same. Top tier songs for sure.
Of the three, Uncontrollable ranks the lowest for me. I don't mean that in a negative way though. Uncontrollable is still a God-tier song.

You know, in that same video, we heard the regular battle theme for XC2. And it's better than Time to Fight, the first battle theme for XC1. Now, is the XC2 battle theme better than Mechanical Rhythm? Mmmm, it comes close but Mechanical Rhythm takes the win here.

everything in xenoblade 2 sounds better than almost everything i've heard from xenoblade and xenoblade X

exceptions are you will know our names, mechanical rhythm, satorl marsh at the night, and uncontrollable..... tentative

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
everything in xenoblade 2 sounds better than almost everything i've heard from xenoblade and xenoblade X
Pretty much agree, the only exception is comparing the battle theme of XC2 with Mechanical Rhythm, in which Mechanical Rhythm wins by a small margin. Of course, i'm fully excepting XC2 to have a second battle theme, just like how XC1 had two battle themes. Did X have two regular battle themes? I never played so i don't really know.

Let's just hope that XC2 doesn't have a Bionis Interior-tier song. Bionis Interior was actually a bad song in an amazing OST.

In the Direct, from 6:45 to 8:17, an amazing song plays and i wish the narrator shut up during that part because i wanted to hear the song without any interruptions. I've timestamped the video so it should start at the time i listed.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Xenoblade has so many godlike underrated tracks.
Agniritha, Eryth Sea, Valak Night, Tragic Decision, Unfinished Battle(why tf does it only play once), Confrontation with the Enemy, Mechonis Field, To the Last Battle (personal goat).
Sylvalum Night, and themex from X

Also, I think I'm the only one that didn't really enjoy time to fight lol

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
tfw you finish everything on mechonis and have to leave mechanical rhythm for time to fight again

Also the only other thing that bothered me was whenever a vision triggered, that song would play until the battle was finished and not go back to the battle theme.

I'm gonna miss overdrive tho even if it was kinda dumb

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so we should be getting a trailer tomorrow for new units in Heroes

the general consensus seems to be that people think it'll either be an RD banner with Micaiah or a Thracia banner with Leif

I haven't played either game, so i don't really have a preference for either one

It's hard saving orbs, though. I'm at 34ish rn and I really want to get Halloween Nowi and maybe some merges for Elincia, but I have to be a strong gorl and at least wait to see the new units.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
apparently a decent amount of people hate micaiah??

i'm not really sure why (again, haven't played the tellius games), but i'm pretty sure she's not a great unit and you're forced to use her bc main lord

apparently saying she'll be a blue version of julia/sanaki with mediocre spd and def, but good res and atk

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've been told people don't like Micaiah because she does stupid things and isn't held accountable for them, and lacks character development

On the other hand, she's a mage lord and she's cute

I'll actually play my copy of RD one of these days probably maybe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Of the three, Uncontrollable ranks the lowest for me. I don't mean that in a negative way though. Uncontrollable is still a God-tier song.

You know, in that same video, we heard the regular battle theme for XC2. And it's better than Time to Fight, the first battle theme for XC1. Now, is the XC2 battle theme better than Mechanical Rhythm? Mmmm, it comes close but Mechanical Rhythm takes the win here.
SHOW US LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, FOR NOW
SHOW A SIGN FOR WHERE WE CAN GO

n da sign says "ur opinion is wrong pls go to the garbage pile were u belong" jk im not srs i am so srs rite now.

i'm not really sure why (again, haven't played the tellius games), but i'm pretty sure she's not a great unit and you're forced to use her bc main lord

apparently saying she'll be a blue version of julia/sanaki with mediocre spd and def, but good res and atk
It's a very small but loud group of people that hate Micaiah. A lot of the reasons can be debunked or ignored so ultimately that side has no reason to hate her. It might be the "grrrrr I hate Ike and Crimea!!!" stance she has that makes people hate her because people like Ike so instead of understanding her side they go "OMG U H8 IKE??? DEN I H8 U!!!"

I like Micaiah because she's basically Lyn mixed with Hector. Besides, anyone who hates a gorl who has this level of shade/sass in the FE World (a generally low-level-sass place) is simply a sassless scrub.

I really would like Micaiah to be in the game and hopefully get demoted to 4* after release. Perhaps with Thani/Thani+ and it being super effective against armor users, but not cavalry for obvious reasons. Maybe even make it inheritable so other mage gorls can get it. We could use a crazy good nuker (like 22~24 base SPD but basically 40~44 ATK) to differentiate her from other blue mage gorls.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
asking for micaiah to be available at 4* is a pipe dream tbh

she's been one of the anticipated additions to the game, and they would lose money if she were demoted after her first banner is over

the only reason seliph and eirika got demoted is because their debut banner was all main lords

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Funny how that worked out; Shanna is my last freebie unit to not have been leveled up as a 4*. Arthur, Frederick, Niles, Oboro, Selena, Subaki, and Sully were leveled up as non-neutral units, though, but they haven't really messed up any F2P strategies except kind of Subaki when Navarre's map was up since he killed people too early. Then again, aside from Arthur and Subaki, the others weren't really used much.

A Thracia 776 or RD banner would be neat. While looking through some of the characters in Thracia 776, apparently it was the first game to make dark mages playable through Salem who has a "personal" tome, Yotsmungand, that poisons people, but it only works for enemy dark mages who use the tome. The tome itself I think is just a higher tier tome, so it's not really special, but Salem has it, so whatever. He also kind of looks like Iori Yagami. Anyway, if he ever makes it in, Yotsmungand would just be a tome version of Deathly Dagger (built-in Poison Strike 2) minus the debuffs all daggers have and Salem himself is apparently pretty average, so he might just be Raigh with a legendary tome. The cooler things about Thracia 776 is that a banner could introduce Xavier who, like all other generals in the Holy War games and the Shadow Dragon and New Mystery remake, can use bows, so they could make him a regular bow armor which Hannibal and a couple of the other knights and general could be, but Xavier comes with a Killer Bow and A rank in bow (and axe), so he makes sense as a bow armor.

Oh, and Glade could have his time to shine. It'd be hilarious if they make him (reasonably) overpowered as a joke to him placing dead last in the CYL voting. Something like regular cavalry BST, but his stats are so min-maxed that he makes everyone look bad.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
she does stupid things and isn't held accountable for them, and lacks character development

On the other hand, she's a mage lord and she's cute
Isn't this just an accurate description of Celica in Echoes

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So here's some Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay footage (with a tiny bit of story at the end) from GameXplain. It all takes place very early in the game so don't worry about major spoilers. Of course, you don't have to watch it if you want to go spoiler free.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I always hear people say she sucks, but she's always been one of my better units...

Her extreme physical fragility can be irritating though

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Bought Splatoon 2 last night and got to play it tonight. Very fun game, but what is the sniper for?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Bought Splatoon 2 last night and got to play it tonight. Very fun game, but what is the sniper for?
They're mostly for the ranked modes, but they can be fun to mess around with in TW.
Aero spray is gg ez
Look, we all know about you and your masochistic love for low and bottom tiers, but you don't have to push your beliefs onto others.
The Aerospray is awful. Don't use it. Ever™

Top Bottom