• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I might actually miss Miiverse a small bit. I wish I used it a bit more. Oh well. It isn't too much of a loss considering the overall quality of the posts were poor.
Also, Miiverse produced the guy who created BAN*ZELDA, which has to be this social's longest-running joke (It kinda disappeared when Fire Emblem took over sometime after the release of Heroes.)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I still occasionally use the BAN•ZELDA tag at locals

i will never let it die
:secretkpop:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sorry, but w/o evidence...

Ok so it shows up when I hit reply and I am extremely confused by what I am seeing. Is that a pop can?
It is. Randomizer has a bunch of custom player sprites you can choose. The most recent update added a sprite that is literally a can of Sprite, and becomes Pepsi and Coca-Cola with the blue and red mail, respectively.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
The Xenoblade direct was preeetty sweet. I wish they used English voices for the trailer though. Stop catering to weebs >:I
But yeah I’m super hype for XC2. Still can’t believe its coming in less than a year after switch launched, and in only a few weeks.
And the promise of DLC with more story is super great too.
i made a meme for my experience playing Arena today

https://i.imgur.com/zSmcM2T.png
If I ever got a 5 Star Merric I wouldn’t mind using him. An anti-flier Tome seems pretty cool to use with a Bow partner
But his voice is just a higher pitched marth, which makes sorta sense since he’s Marth’s Friend but it’s a little off putting

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct recap
  • We got some backstory on the world of Alrest. Everyone lived on Elysium but then they got banished and sent to live on the Titans. However, even the Titans don't live forever and it looks like the main objective of the game is find a way back to Elysium.
    • Living in paradise and then banished, where i have i heard this story before...
  • Japanese voice pack confirmed. So, for those of you who complained about the English dub, you're saved. Personally, i lik the English dub but now there's an option for everyone.
  • Story trailer. It looks very cool and there may have been a spoiler there but putting spoilers in their trailers is a Xenoblade thing appearntly. They did it with XC1, they did it with X, and now they're doing it with XC2.
  • The spoiler is that Pyra has a form called Mithra. On a gameplay standpoint, Pyra can switch between Mithra at any time, effectively giving Rex four Blades at a time (Pyra/Mithra+the other 3 Blades). Pretty cool.
  • Zeke and his Blade, Pandoria are the newly revealed playable characters. Zeke definitely has my favorite design of the party. He's the black-clothed, eyepatch guy seen in the trailers and wallpapers.
  • They also showed off some of the villains.
  • Whenever a unique monster is defeated, a tombstone will appear when they fell. By visiting these tombstones, you can challenge them again. I think that's a really neat touch and it's better than having to wait for the unique monster to respawn like in previous games.
  • Map in your way? Art names in your way? You can customize the UI to remove these to take in more of the scenery.
  • As Poppi is an artifical Blade, she can be customized with special parts. You ca acquire these parts by playing a special retro Nopon mingame. My only worry is that Poppi will be to customization to the point where Tora never has to switch out.
  • Three different types of combos: Driver Combos, Blade Combos, and Fusion Combos. I'm loving this combat system more and more.
  • DLC confirmed. I can already hear the salt but i will say, it's basically following Breath of the Wild's DLC. The game will be supported with DLC all the way up to Fall of next year. It contains:
  • Some new items
  • New quests
  • New Rare Blade (i actually don't like this part)
  • New Challenge Mode
  • Brand new story.
  • The brand new story has me really hyped.
  • Biggest surprise though is that on Nov.9th, Breath of the Wild will receive a free update. It contains a quest and, upon completing it, you'll recive Rex's clothes for Link to wear. This cross-promotion is really cool.
  • Heart-to-Hearts still exist but the more time a Driver spends with a Blade, the more abilities the Blade gets.

And here's some newly revealed artwork of the game (SmashBoards, i swear, if you don't show them, i'm gonna MUDA MUDA someone for an hour).

She is best girl

He looks amazing. Can't find Pandoira's official art tho

She's the Blade of that one lady with the dual rapiers

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct recap
  • We got some backstory on the world of Alrest. Everyone lived on Elysium but then they got banished and sent to live on the Titans. However, even the Titans don't live forever and it looks like the main objective of the game is find a way back to Elysium.
    • Living in paradise and then banished, where i have i heard this story before...
  • Japanese voice pack confirmed. So, for those of you who complained about the English dub, you're saved. Personally, i lik the English dub but now there's an option for everyone.
  • Story trailer. It looks very cool and there may have been a spoiler there but putting spoilers in their trailers is a Xenoblade thing appearntly. They did it with XC1, they did it with X, and now they're doing it with XC2.
  • The spoiler is that Pyra has a form called Mithra. On a gameplay standpoint, Pyra can switch between Mithra at any time, effectively giving Rex four Blades at a time (Pyra/Mithra+the other 3 Blades). Pretty cool.
  • Zeke and his Blade, Pandoria are the newly revealed playable characters. Zeke definitely has my favorite design of the party. He's the black-clothed, eyepatch guy seen in the trailers and wallpapers.
  • They also showed off some of the villains.
  • Whenever a unique monster is defeated, a tombstone will appear when they fell. By visiting these tombstones, you can challenge them again. I think that's a really neat touch and it's better than having to wait for the unique monster to respawn like in previous games.
  • Map in your way? Art names in your way? You can customize the UI to remove these to take in more of the scenery.
  • As Poppi is an artifical Blade, she can be customized with special parts. You ca acquire these parts by playing a special retro Nopon mingame. My only worry is that Poppi will be to customization to the point where Tora never has to switch out.
  • Three different types of combos: Driver Combos, Blade Combos, and Fusion Combos. I'm loving this combat system more and more.
  • DLC confirmed. I can already hear the salt but i will say, it's basically following Breath of the Wild's DLC. The game will be supported with DLC all the way up to Fall of next year. It contains:
  • Some new items
  • New quests
  • New Rare Blade (i actually don't like this part)
  • New Challenge Mode
  • Brand new story.
  • The brand new story has me really hyped.
  • Biggest surprise though is that on Nov.9th, Breath of the Wild will receive a free update. It contains a quest and, upon completing it, you'll recive Rex's clothes for Link to wear. This cross-promotion is really cool.
  • Heart-to-Hearts still exist but the more time a Driver spends with a Blade, the more abilities the Blade gets.

And here's some newly revealed artwork of the game (SmashBoards, i swear, if you don't show them, i'm gonna MUDA MUDA someone for an hour).

She is best girl

He looks amazing. Can't find Pandoira's official art tho

She's the Blade of that one lady with the dual rapiers
Gahhh the character designs in this game are so ****ing sick. I’m in love with Zeke

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I can already imagine Puddin frothing at the mouth for Zeke

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I can already imagine Puddin frothing at the mouth for Zeke
I do not froth at the mouth, I arrange a wedding asap so I can add them to my husbando/waifu collection. u no me so wel

All of them are super cool tho. Akhos is a cute dork and Glen is shiny. Brighid looks super classy but sassy tho 10/10 waifu.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Edit: *sighs* for every day that SmashBoards fails to show the images, the JoJo Part 5 anime gets delayed by another month.
I just want Part 6 to get here and for the ending song to be Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven".

I want Zeke's pants and shoes. Lil Puddin can have the rest of him.

It's like what I'd expect on a Cowboy clown or something, they're hilarious.

Akhos and Glen are clearly the superior fighters, on account of actually wearing armor. Boob windows and absolute cleavage aren't going to block light sabers.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Anyone want to help me decide which pokemon to use in a playthrough of Platinum (bc sinnoh best region fite me)?

The only pokemon i'm really dead set on using is Rapidash and maybe lumineon

here's the pokedex of obtainable pokemon

i do have pearl and another ds, so i do have access to glameow and misdreavus, along with any of the trade evolution gorls

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde
Mismagius or Froslass or Drifblim for spookymon.
Lopunny or Cherrim or Clefable for cutiemon.
Roserade for sassymon.

And of course Gastradon because I want to suggest it before Cress! Cress! does. :^)

I loved using my Pokemon XD transferred Togekiss because DAT STAB TRI ATTACK AND SERENE GRACE THOOOOOOOO and I guess Air Cutter or whatever.

I want Zeke's pants and shoes. Lil Puddin can have the rest of him.

It's like what I'd expect on a Cowboy clown or something, they're hilarious.

Akhos and Glen are clearly the superior fighters, on account of actually wearing armor. Boob windows and absolute cleavage aren't going to block light sabers.
Of course you want to take off Zeke's pants, you heaux gorl. :drfacepalm:

I guess his "blades" are supposed to be those pillar-legs of his or???

Also the main decided factor as to whether or not it'll be a good game or not but... Will a Nopon be playable or not?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just want Part 6 to get here and for the ending song to be Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven"
I actually legit want the Part 6's ED to be Ween's "Ocean Man".
I also want them to change the ending because Part 6's ending sucked. I don't know why Araki felt the need to reset the universe at the end of Part 6. It's not because Part 7 takes place in an alternate universe because Part 7's universe isn't the same one that was created at the end of Part 6. And even if he really wanted to do a universal reset, why wasn't Jolyne the one who defeats Pucci? No, instead, she dies and Pucci gets defeated by Emporio, who was like, a side character.

I guess his "blades" are supposed to be those pillar-legs of his or???
This is Zeke's Blade, Pandoria

And this is Zeke and Pandoria in battle
Screenshot (1115).png
Zeke's got a big lightning sword.

Also the main decided factor as to whether or not it'll be a good game or not but... Will a Nopon be playable or not?
Indeed. It's Tora. We've seen him in gameplay several times now. Poppi, his artificial Blade, has a new form

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I was looking through the Team Soren rankings
Here's me:

And a few spots below me...

Burgundy Burgundy gorl wot u doin so close to me
Also I haven't gotten your Freddy a single time for some reason :[

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just tried out Moira in the practice range

she's weird, but in a good way

her damaging beam has a range of like 20m, which i was not expecting

coalescence is kinda weird and will take some getting used to

orb use will be what separates a good moira from a bad one

i'm excited for her to hit the live servers

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I was looking through the Team Soren rankings
Here's me:

And a few spots below me...

Burgundy Burgundy gorl wot u doin so close to me
Also I haven't gotten your Freddy a single time for some reason :[

And idk gorl, I’ve gotten your Eph a few times and BOY is he cool

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Team Karel is so good

Every round except one that I've seen has been a multiplier for us

I'm currently rank 2993, and I assume that'll only go up over the next few hours since we'll probably get some more multipliers

also level 1 karel cheese is fun

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
After watching the XC2 Direct, i knew i had to make this

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Right before Miiverse closes, I needed to check up on our secreT stalker one last time and he's still at it.
(You get a phonecam video bc Miiverse doesn't deserve the time it takes for me to set up Elgato)
But yeah

Who dis

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
oopsT
23554E38-DB55-4BD4-AC9A-DCA6393D20AC.png

This heaux is going to get like 5k feathers from this round

Atm I’m rank 1065 overall lol

I wish I had been wiser with my flag usage in the earlier parts of the round. If I had, maybe I could have reached the top 50

Edit: final results are in and I finished rank 350 on team Karel

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay, Doki Doki Literature Club! looks like a really interesting game and apparently the developer, Dan Salvato, was part of Project M's development which is freaking awesome.

I did spoil myself on the general premise of the game since when I went to its store page on Steam's website after remembering seeing the "just Monika" things, it lead me to a page about how it's not "appropriate for all ages". It wouldn't have happened if I was logged on, but regardless, it made me curious since my first thoughts were that it was probably because it has lewd stuff. Nope, and looking back on the page and noticing there were tags on it, they would have given me hints about what it was really about.

Not sure if I would actually play it, though, since it's a horror game and I don't do well with anything horror-related. It's just so interesting, though.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I kinda-sorta want to get back into FEH but I haven't played in forever. My team is so far behind idk if I could ever catch up with the meta again

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Got top 1500 in Team Katarina

but we lost ; w ;

BUT RYOMA AND HINOKA LOST TOO UMMM

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Sooo... Xenoblade Direct surely gave me a nice trailer, with godly music. I wish it could finally release...

Far too impatient.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

FE Warriors is getting free DLC next week, adding new costumes, new history maps for Rowan and Lianna, and models for stripped clothing a la Fates.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Finally compiled my work together and got it all submitted so I'm happy with that.

After watching the XC2 Direct, i knew i had to make this
I will admit, I genuinely want someone to put Cloud's face over Jin's and have him say "Genkai wo koeru." Since both characters share the same voice actor and they were both designed by Tetsuya Nomura. :secretkpop:

Also, when I saw the name Zeke. I instead thought of this little guy from Zoids:

But in all seriousness, I'm super stoked for Xenoblade 2! I'm gonna have to pre-order it. :yeahboi:
(This means myself and Berserker. Berserker. can now weeb out when it becomes available for purchase.)

Also, time for us to pay our respects to Miiverse. That minefield of trash and glory will be missed.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

FE Warriors is getting free DLC next week, adding new costumes, new history maps for Rowan and Lianna, and models for stripped clothing a la Fates.
Ohhh... finally!

Thats great news!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Okay, Doki Doki Literature Club! looks like a really interesting game and apparently the developer, Dan Salvato, was part of Project M's development which is freaking awesome.

I did spoil myself on the general premise of the game since when I went to its store page on Steam's website after remembering seeing the "just Monika" things, it lead me to a page about how it's not "appropriate for all ages". It wouldn't have happened if I was logged on, but regardless, it made me curious since my first thoughts were that it was probably because it has lewd stuff. Nope, and looking back on the page and noticing there were tags on it, they would have given me hints about what it was really about.

Not sure if I would actually play it, though, since it's a horror game and I don't do well with anything horror-related. It's just so interesting, though.
Yeah uhhh...take those warnings seriously. Though the game is less jumpscares and more psychological horror
Still some that can be considered jumpscares though

So “Broken Armor” will be a new weapon skill, where heavy hits on an enemy will lower their stats and break their armor. Only Rowan and Lianna will get stripped outfits, but the DLC lineup already told us that we’ll be getting more for every character with them
Also, two new Costumes for the banana twins!

(X)
“Golden Prince and Princess”
I like them! They look like recolors, but that’s fine, since I loved the HW costumes

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
With Sonic Forces now out.

Seems like the reason it's so... average is because during development, many employees got fired; so the stage designs were done by newbies. Which is understandable, hopefully this'll be a good learning experience for them to help improve on future titles or games.

But on the plus side; I get to listen to Spaceport in it's full audio without the Wind SFX.

Also, I saw a clip from Lythero's stream which was just hilarious.

When Tails says goodbye to Mania Sonic. Lythero's friend just quickly added "When he fades away, he says 'That's No Good!'". Lythero lost it.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Seems like the reason it's so... average is because during development, many employees got fired; so the stage designs were done by newbies. Which is understandable, hopefully this'll be a good learning experience for them to help improve on future titles or games.

But on the plus side; I get to listen to Spaceport in it's full audio without the Wind SFX.

When Tails says goodbye to Mania Sonic. Lythero's friend just quickly added "When he fades away, he says 'That's No Good!'". Lythero lost it.
Damnit, I need to rewatch that stream.

And the start of the game looks... kinda decent. I don't know why, I don't even like sonic-games this much, but... I kinda want this mediocre character generator, just because...

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Oh OK dearie. Here, take some of NAna's famous chicken chili with you because your husbando is probably hungry. And take this extra small sweater I knitted because he looks like he needs insulation of some kind.
I do not froth at the mouth, I arrange a wedding asap so I can add them to my husbando/waifu collection. u no me so wel
Superior waifus won the day. That's all that can be said.
Of course you want to take off Zeke's pants, you heaux gorl. :drfacepalm:
Get out of my game, Puddin.

But can I play as Blaze the Cat?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing New Leaf is probably the least fun game I've played in a while. It's incredibly boring. the costs for construction/house expansions are ridiculously high and take too long to fulfil, and Tormiter's mini games aren't fun in the slightest.
And it's not like I'm not a life simulatior person, I loved Wild World and still love Tomodachi Life.
And yet, I can't escape it. It's so weird. There is nothing about the game that I find enjoyable, but I haven't gone a week since I got it it in April. I've probably turned it on over 50 times since getting it. So odd.

Top Bottom