• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I take it those triangle things are supposed to be something, then?
They're fidget spinners, designed to be flicked around in your hand for kids with adhd. But it quickly became the next big fad.

Nearly every suburban youth owns one and I can't stand it!

:150:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
They're fidget spinners, designed to be flicked around in your hand for kids with adhd. But it quickly became the next big fad.

My friend has a 3D printer and we make them and sell them for 3-5 bucks lol. High school kids with ADHD and with toys that are relaxing, addicting, and quiet in class? Gold mine lol.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Benishigure Benishigure Is there a reason you're all about shy murderous gorl and not swole angry ninja? Gorl wut r u doin???

I already have Linde, Julia, and Tharja. should I even bother summoning right now? I kinda want to summon on Celica's banner, but those mages are kinda inferior to the ones I have right now. All my mages except Linde have competitively viable natures, so I don't really need them. I'm in dire need of frontline units, the only one I have that's good and bulky is Chrom. I tried to summon on Ike's banner in hope for Ike or Titania, but to no avail.

tbh just summon on banners you want characters for. The only reason I summoned on most banners is for normal characters. Still waiting for my +ATK Saizo and +SPD Nino. :C

Stupidly enough, you have a better chance of getting the 5 star focus characters vs their 4 star variations. Mae and Boey will most def get 4* variations. I think Boey is a good idea if you need a magical tank that's not a dragon, assuming you have Close Counter to work with.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
High school kids with ADHD and with toys that are relaxing, addicting, and quiet in class?
Those 2 things do not belong in the same sentence
Tomorrow is my last day of HS (woo) and senior classes are chill for the most part, but I TA for a 9th/10th grade class and those spinners are whirring the entire time. If anything they're GIVING me adhd because I can't focus on anything besides that whirring.
But I'm in charge of their grades and can threaten to fail them if they don't shut up so it's all good <3 I could never actually do that I'm just joking i promise

ANYWAYS ARMS
Twintelle is this game's Zelda. Sassy and probably bottom tier. A perfect match! Ribbon Gorl and Helix are still the 2 I'm most excited to try out and I'm prolly going to end up maining one of them. Or I'll main Twintelle because I can only do decently in any fighting game with low/bottom tier characters and I never end up maining the characters I say I'll main. The one exception to that is Suicune in Pokken and that's because he's the only character I've ever played in that game, but I remember being decent with him.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Tomorrow is my last day of HS (woo)
Ahhh mine too! *high fives* Hooray for stress and fear of the future :D except that's probably just me oops

Fidget Spinners look interesting to me since I have problems with anxiety in public often but now that they've spread like wildfire I don't wanna get one. They'll probably last about as long as Silly Bands tho

Twintelle is beautiful and I can't wait to use her. Not actually having to use her arms in ARMS is so ironic and I love it, also opens her up to make some super sass poses. Also to not be cursed with gigantic ****ing floppy arms in everyday life, like imagine Spring Man trying to make a sandwich with those floppy ass arms, meanwhile all Twintelle needs is a ponytail and she's good.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm in dire need of frontline units, the only one I have that's good and bulky is Chrom. I tried to summon on Ike's banner in hope for Ike or Titania, but to no avail.

Wait... Is this your main account or the alt account you switched to?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Wait... Is this your main account or the alt account you switched to?
this is my alternate account. I summoned all the good mages for the femal mages banner. but don't have many physical units right now. All I can do currently is run triple mage + a dancer (I got a +Spe Olivia a while back)

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Those 2 things do not belong in the same sentence
Tomorrow is my last day of HS (woo) and senior classes are chill for the most part, but I TA for a 9th/10th grade class and those spinners are whirring the entire time. If anything they're GIVING me adhd because I can't focus on anything besides that whirring.
But I'm in charge of their grades and can threaten to fail them if they don't shut up so it's all good <3 I could never actually do that I'm just joking i promise

ANYWAYS ARMS
Twintelle is this game's Zelda. Sassy and probably bottom tier. A perfect match! Ribbon Gorl and Helix are still the 2 I'm most excited to try out and I'm prolly going to end up maining one of them. Or I'll main Twintelle because I can only do decently in any fighting game with low/bottom tier characters and I never end up maining the characters I say I'll main. The one exception to that is Suicune in Pokken and that's because he's the only character I've ever played in that game, but I remember being decent with him.
Fidget spinners not the kids lol.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Ahhh mine too! *high fives* Hooray for stress and fear of the future :D except that's probably just me oops

Fidget Spinners look interesting to me since I have problems with anxiety in public often but now that they've spread like wildfire I don't wanna get one. They'll probably last about as long as Silly Bands tho

Twintelle is beautiful and I can't wait to use her. Not actually having to use her arms in ARMS is so ironic and I love it, also opens her up to make some super sass poses. Also to not be cursed with gigantic ****ing floppy arms in everyday life, like imagine Spring Man trying to make a sandwich with those floppy *** arms, meanwhile all Twintelle needs is a ponytail and she's good.
I'm nervous because I have a huge English paper due in 5 hours, and because of dinner, I have only about 4 hours to work on it and I really don't think that's enough time. So you know I'll just continue posting here pretending like it's nonexistent :):):):):)

In like the first minute of the Direct, Springboi seems pretty happy with his armsssssssssss, so they probably work fine.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
this is my alternate account. I summoned all the good mages for the femal mages banner. but don't have many physical units right now. All I can do currently is run triple mage + a dancer (I got a +Spe Olivia a while back)

I don't remember when you did that, but have you been working on getting the special map units? Donnel, Gunter, Stahl, and Subaki come to mind as good frontline units. Hana and Sharena are also good, but Hana leans towards glass cannon and Sharena's defense isn't as good as Donnel's, but she has better support skills. Alfonse is kind of screwed by the fact you can summon and get good sword units right off the bat. Case in point: the Chrom. So, use him if you need too or because you like him, otherwise, just train him for eventual quests that involve him.

Speaking of which, the new Sacred Seals quests can give you the other special map units faster like Donnel, Felicia, and Hana. You can also get Barst and Draug. Barst is basically Brave Axe Donnel and Draug is a knight whose only problems are that Brave Sword and Lunge are not helpful for a knight in general.

That should be fine for now. Lloyd probably will be like Navarre considering he's a Swordmaster in Blazing Sword. If Linus was the next GHB unit and not Lloyd, then you'd have a Hero, a balanced unit instead of the faster, usually more fragile myrmidon like Linus, Navarre, Ryoma, etc. or a fighter like Bartre, Hawkeye, and in terms of stats, Alfonse and Chrom, who are slower, but hit hard and are bulky, usually leaning towards high defense rather than resistance.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Finished watching Chugga's LP on Skyward Sword; and during one part of his LP, he decided to show some cut content of him reading lines. Specifically Girahim's lines, his cat Kirby thought he was angry at someone and wanted to be cheered up. You even hear his cat meow at him. It's damn cute.

I also went and download the ARMS: Global Testpunch. It looks interesting and I wanted to check out if it supported the Pro Controller. It does. :yeahboi:

So for any of you that are worried you might break something, fear not. As you can just use the Pro Controller instead.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I wasn't interested in Arms at all, but after watching the direct, i'm sold on it

The characters I'm most interested in are Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, and Kid Cobra, but all of the characters look really fun to play

The fact that they're going to release free DLC for it after its release is just icing on the cake

I'll definitely get the game once I finally get a switch

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I never did get Disgaea 5 since I don't have a PS4. But the fact that it's coming to Switch makes it even better, plus the fact that it's coming out next week is perfect too. <3 (The art they show at the end of Killia and the others playing on the Switch is very nice and cute.)

Also, Asagi as a generic class you can create is just funny but also sad at the same time.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

I don't know, they don't really seem that bad compared to the fads my high school had. First there was that stupid ****ing high pitched whistle, something around the 16 kHz range. Even if you couldn't hear it, you could still feel it pounding away at your skull.

Then in Junior and Senior year, it seemed to be people setting various trash cans around the school on fire throughout the day.

Oh yeah, there were those things too.

There was also those times some friends and I would follow people around the school as a traveling mariachi band for hire, but that didn't really last long after we spent half a day following around the Principal.

Twintelle O_O

That tea sip is sassy af

Proper Tea Drinking is a long and cherished art form.

I wasn't interested in Arms at all, but after watching the direct, i'm sold on it

The characters I'm most interested in are Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, and Kid Cobra, but all of the characters look really fun to play

The fact that they're going to release free DLC for it after its release is just icing on the cake

I'll definitely get the game once I finally get a switch
I'm most interested in MinMin, I think. She kick parries, her hair looks like noodles, has an electroball and shoots lasers out of her giant dragon head fist.

I still don't like Biff though.

Also, Asagi as a generic class you can create is just funny but also sad at the same time.
As opposed to Asagi herself, whose basically just sad.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
First there was that stupid ****ing high pitched whistle, something around the 16 kHz range. Even if you couldn't hear it, you could still feel it pounding away at your skull.
Oh that's funny you think people stopped doing that hahahahaha
There's apps for that so if anything it's even more accessible.

Today was actually a pretty decent last day imo, in French we watched french reality tv shows for some reason and I don't think I'd want to watch another one but it was an experience nonetheless. In lunch, me and a few friends brought our Switches so we just played Mariokart. I had to share my screen with another friend but it was still great. I was using tilt controls!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh that's funny you think people stopped doing that hahahahaha
There's apps for that so if anything it's even more accessible.

Today was actually a pretty decent last day imo, in French we watched french reality tv shows for some reason and I don't think I'd want to watch another one but it was an experience nonetheless. In lunch, me and a few friends brought our Switches so we just played Mariokart. I had to share my screen with another friend but it was still great. I was using tilt controls!
My last day was all graduation practice x-x My entire class is full of idiots who don't wanna listen or follow rules so it was very annoying to do the same routine over and over
Graduation ceremony is tomorrow and I'm nervous :dr-_-:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Graduation ceremony is tomorrow and I'm nervous :dr-_-:
Oh my rehearsal and ceremony isn't until next week, tomorrow we're just doing a walk to a few of the elementary and middle schools. My elementary isn't any of the ones we're going to, but I did go to one of the middle schools and there's 1 teacher that I am excited to see again (Computer tech ftw)

Also FE Echoes just released on the eshop, should I download it now or wait a bit?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The Lloyd GHB is super easy

Putting a flier at the bottom space of the river and having Hector pivot across trivializes the map since you just send your other units up near the mountains and clean up from there.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

As opposed to Asagi herself, whose basically just sad.
At least she became the main character in Asagi Mode in Prinny 2. Speaking of Disgaea, I plan on getting the demo today.

But anyway. Just about to do the same old, same old that I've been doing the past few days with the revision. Though tomorrow, I'll be going out to one of the Universities for something important.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol this just happened with the 20 free orbs
IMG_1791.PNG

Ninian is +def -spd (trash) and Hinoka is completely neutral

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I used 28 orbs aaaaand I got Celica :DDDD
And also another random 5 Star Marth, and my first Cain (4 Star)
The other units don't matter too much soooo

5 Star Celica - +Atk/-Def. oh OH

5 Star Marth #3 - +HP/-Def. huh, another bulky blue lord with this nature. And apparently the same exact nature as the Marth I already have. So now my Marth is +2 yay :D

4 Star Cain - +Atk/-Res. Seems like a really good nature for a Brave Sword unit. Maybe I'll train him up, though I think Xander is still better on a Horsie team

OH YEAH I pulled another Sophia, let's see her nature

3 Star Sophia - +Res/-Def. hmmmm ehhhh not really gonna do much. Well, actually she'll be tankier against mages which she'll probably be engaging often. I want a +Atk nature though. Ah well I'll think about it
Gah this went so much better than I expected. I'll take it as a graduation gift from IS :3

Edit: Lloyd was also fairly easy with Hector heh. I feel bad cause this feels like bragging that I have him. Though I did have to change my strategy a bit cause initially, I used Effie to Smite Hector across the river, but getting ganged up on by the Mage and Archer actually killed him, so I had to swap Effie with Camilla and just Pivot across, then use Rally Attack. After that, my (now +2) Marth with Axebreaker 2 easily handled the Axe Flier, and Sharena handled the Lance Flier with a Rally Attack, which she needed cause otherwise Lunge put Lloyd in position to kill Camilla. And then Lloyd couldn't do anything to Sharena after that

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
tfw I'm still trying to pull Titania and I get NTR'd by Soren AGAIN

I also pulled two 5* Ravens in a row, although in different pull sessions.

I just want my Titania to come home is that too much to ask cricricri

Hmm what else.... oh yeah Lloyd was probably the most trivial GHB so far. Camus when

IMG_20170519_150744.jpg

So excited! Can't wait to play it!~ Also, got Disgaea 5 complete coming next week so I'm sorted in the game front for a while.
In FE Heroes news, had 34 orbs so tried to summon Klein so I can give Deathblow to Reinhardt. Instead I got, Clarine x 2, Gaius x 2, Serra and Lachesis. All 3* expect Lachesis who was 4* Seems like the game still refuses to give me a colourless unit I want

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Hmm... I wanna play SFV at tomorrow's regional but the entry fee for the bracket is $10 and there's no way I'm winning. Smash 4 is also $10 but IDK if I want to enter that bracket either. I wish more people were playing Tag 2 and Xrd but at least Marvel has a decent amount of players.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh! Lloyd's banner has Klein and Hinoka and 20 new orbs? Summon. Regret...
Screenshot_20170519-090948.png

3* Arthur: +Res, -Def. Interesting, but no.

4* Hawkeye: +HP, -Spd. Eh, I think +Res, -Spd is better. That 5* +Res, -HP Hawkeye is looking mighty fine as a Death Blow 3 donator now.

4* Oboro: +HP, -Atk. Dear Hylia, why?

3* Setsuna: +HP, -Res. What... What am I going to do with you? +Res was good even though -Spd sucks. At this point, Setsuna is going to be loaded with freaking skills. Maybe Bowbreaker should go to M!Robin...

4* Titania: +Res, -Atk. Same Titania; different rarity. First green summon too.
First off, sorry Benishigure Benishigure , I've summoned my second Titania and as my first green summon too like that first one.

For 3 summons, I have not seen a single red orb when I need it the most, especially 2 summons ago. A red orb showed up during the second summon of the ladies mage banner, but it was Palla not Henry, Lilina, Sanaki, or Tharja. Also, come on game, I want a Klein and Hinoka! Give me Cordelia if you won't give me Hinoka... I guess Est will have to be my only Brave Lance flyer...

I think I'll use 4* Titania to get Hone Cavalry onto 5* Titania so 5* Titania can keep some of that SP. Guard is cool, but it being a 5*-only skill as of now makes me not want to use her to give someone like Clair or Selena Guard. That and having 191 units is not a good thing.

Effie smiting F!Robin for Hard Lloyd worked. Did not work for Lunatic since Effie kept getting killed. Lowest defense of all the knights and arrows that are apparently made of diamond or something making her Wary Fighter die in an instant. So, I said screw it and used Palla to provoke and kill the axe flyer, F!Robin with Gronnwolf and a Speed +1 Seal to decimate the mounted archer -- F!Robin is 1 speed off from doubling this dude --, and Sharena to deal with Lloyd and the blue mage. Basically, I used this strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpxLwKcbsC4.

Edit: Also, Lloyd as a unit looks good. He's Fir, but if Fir traded defense and resistance for attack and traded Speed +3 for Threaten Attack.

Lloyd's 5* stats are 41 HP, 32 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 30 Res.

Fir's is 41 HP, 25 Atk, 36 Spd, 24 Def, and 31 Res.

Fir's better defensively, but her attack is dreadful compared to Lloyd who not only has higher base, but also access to a 16 MT Regal Blade which kind of functions like Ragnarok, but with lower bonuses and no self-damage. In other words, you don't have to give him a Wo Dao+ to make him much better.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
For those who have a Switch. You can now try out the Disgaea 5 Complete demo! :yeahboi:

You can only play the first five stages of the game. But that's fine, the game is pretty huge and the amount of repetition you have to do to do all of the stuff for the game is probably worth it. If you're fine with grinding.

I'm having fun with the demo anyway. Trying to get my main three units that I create in every Disgaea game I had (Not counting Disgaea 3 since I didn't get that one. Plus, didn't like the Weapon Forte in that one and Disgaea 4) being a Valkyrie named Wendy who can use Swords, Mage named Himeko who uses her Fists and a Cleric named Hikari who uses Swords as well.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lorde revealed the tracklist for her new album
i am so ready for this album

june 16th can't come soon enough

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I wasted 50 orbs on this banner and got whole ton of crap. Is Merric even useful for anything? His skills seem pretty trashy and this banner gave me three of them. I got florina and est from the blue orbs, and healers from the clear orbs. uggh.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Merric is probs the worst green mage tbh, but he's not unusable

He's similar to Boey in that they're both physically bulky green mages with bad res, but the difference is that Boey has +4 def and +3 atk while Merric has +5 spd

You can use Merric and do okay with him, but there are better options.

He's banging Marth's sister, though, so he does have that going for him

iirc you have Julia, so you can just ignore Merric for the most part

I have a 5* Merric that just sits there because he's -atk and he has no good skills to give to other units

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Graduation ceremony in 1 1/2 hours and I'm reddy 2 dye pls send help and a comfort blanket

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I wasted 50 orbs on this banner and got whole ton of crap. Is Merric even useful for anything? His skills seem pretty trashy and this banner gave me three of them. I got florina and est from the blue orbs, and healers from the clear orbs. uggh.

You've really got to stop using your orbs, man. You've got a lot of great units, just train them up and save till one of the really important Banners. Same thing with making sure not to spend all your orbs as soon as something comes out; lots of people spent big on the Nowi/Reinhardt Banner only to be bamboozled by the Ike Banner only to be bamboozled by the Hero Banner.

Merric is in that unfortunate position where it isn't that he's bad, as much as there are just other units that are obviously superior; Glass Cannon Nukers like Julia and Nino are the name of the game atm, not tanky mages. His special tome is super effective against fliers and that's cool, but it's 5* only, and he doesn't really learn any noteworthy skills you'll want to make sure to pass on.

Graduation ceremony in 1 1/2 hours and I'm reddy 2 dye pls send help and a comfort blanket
Congratulations! You only ever realize how much High School sucked once you get to leave.

Here's some hot chocolate with marshmallows.

And this video of someone singing K. K. Slider's greatest hit

Top Bottom