• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
He's just this racist user who used to visit this thread years ago. He's pretty much a cancer to the world.

He got banned and has never been back thankfully.

His dad is still around though.
lol wtf

I regret not being here for longer to witness such events yet at the same time I regret going here in the first place

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
****** has stopped being an acceptible term to describe people with mental handicaps since around the 80's.

The words been incorrectly used so much as an insult, people have dropped it.

Also, "*******" aren't even stupid lol.

:150:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The problem with ****** and every word that follows it meaning the same thing (like special) is that people use it as an insult because of who it represents.

That's why you see people using "special needs" in a way that is derogatory and eventually that won't be the word people use because of the negative connotation. Soon we'll see the word special equally as offensive as ********.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
on the topic of being off-topic, does anyone in here actually still play Pokemon GO? :v
I prefer the actual Pokemon games, but I did play Pokemon Go for a little while 2 weeks after the release, but stopped once I went to college. It's still popular, and there's a lot of people who play it at my college campus. I'm happy that people are playing it, its a great game.
I hope they plan to release the next generations, and 2nd gen soon. That will keep things new and fresh for the game's longevity.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
A friend just learned his first song on guitar and sent me a video of himself playing it.

The song was I Play Pokémon Go.

Currently curled up in a ball crying.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
A friend just learned his first song on guitar and sent me a video of himself playing it.

The song was I Play Pokémon Go.

Currently curled up in a ball crying.
Was it that beautiful?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
There's always debate over which words should/shouldn't be censored and for the most part the right ones are censored here.

For some that aren't censored mods use their discretion and infract where necessary. If you go call someone a ****** you might just find yourself with a flaming infraction. Someone who would call something/anything ******** probably isn't careful about how they speak in general.

Th*r*'s always d*bat* ov*r which words should/shouldn't b* c*nsor*d and for th* most part th* right on*s ar* c*nsor*d h*r*.

For som* that ar*n't c*nsor*d mods us* th*ir discr*tion and infract wh*r* n*c*ssary. If you go call som*on* a r*tard you might just find yours*lf with a flaming infraction. Som*on* who would call som*thing/anything r*tard*d probably isn't car*ful about how th*y sp*ak in g*n*ral.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I was going to say absolutely disgusting but I guess that works too.
Hey man, learning the guitar takes time and effort that you'll never understand because you haven't played as Zelda yet. She has combos off of all her moves that you just aren't exploring through lessons on YouTube. You need to get yourself a guitar tutor who can teach you that Zelda is top tier and no one can dispute that. Rock on.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ugh Shadow Dragon was harder than I thought it would be... I couldn't beat it.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Ugh Shadow Dragon was harder than I thought it would be... I couldn't beat it.
Yeah it can be tough. I played it the 2nd time on Hard/Savage mode, it was brutal. Merciless is 5 stars, which I tried at first but decided to tone it down to Savage, lol. Managed to beat it earlier this year, but not without my losses.
The hardest FE games that I've played (On Normal/Default mode) are Binding Blade and Conquest
Easiest I've played: Awakening and Sacred Stones

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
on the topic of being off-topic, does anyone in here actually still play Pokemon GO? :v
I play it every so often because my mom is really into playing it too. There's not much to do in my town though so I've already fallen behind her.
Also the Buddy Pokémon feature has given me an entirely new motivation to play. I can make my :086: named Eileen my buddy and walk around with her? That is the cutest thing in the world and I will get her the candy she deserves if I have to walk to California to do it.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Eaux

But still off topic >>>>>> In a social.....?
Yes! Though I've become far busier again what with the start of school happening, I try to get in walks on the weekends and in free time. The new buddy update just adds more incentive to get out and walk when I can do things like finally accumulate more than 3 candies for my one Porygon find lol. I find that the busyness will actually help not stale out PoGo as fast for me too.

Though now I'm stuck with a stock of 5km eggs and they're really hard to hatch outside of the weekend rip.

Also I'm being trolled by Magnemites. A green-reticle (aka ezpz catch) one broke out of an ultra ball after one shake and fled immediately. That makes two now that fled after one ball ;_;

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Yeah it can be tough. I played it the 2nd time on Hard/Savage mode, it was brutal. Merciless is 5 stars, which I tried at first but decided to tone it down to Savage, lol. Managed to beat it earlier this year, but not without my losses.
The hardest FE games that I've played (On Normal/Default mode) are Binding Blade and Conquest
Easiest I've played: Awakening and Sacred Stones
I think my biggest problem was that the only 2 I had played before Shadow Dragon was Awakening and Sacred Stones. So I didn't realize how hard it could get.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
In my first playthrough of Shadow Dragon my main healer was Lena, but next time I should give Wrys a shot
real talk, as much as i love Wrys, when it comes to actual statistical benefits, he is only 3rd best. Lena is miles ahead of him (really only Caeda rivals Lena as an overall unit) and Wendell is really good and starts with a D in Staves (unlike Wrys' Atrocious E seriously he's that old as a curate and he never touched a staff?) and can actually use tomes. That being said Warp is SOOOOOOO OP that you could justify bringing a 3rd staff dude
Actually, this is the best healer in the entire franchise.
View attachment 117876
on one hand i wanna rant on how botched they made her in her game but on the other hand i want too congratulate you for making me chuckle

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Sonic The Cutehog is back at it again!
Do you want to hear his brillant arguement?
Toon Link is more of a waste of slot than Young Link.
I explained how Toon Link has more differences and has had more games (3, YL has 2) but I doubt he's gonna listen.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Wow, the animation in the new pokemon sun & moon anime really is near perfect

Now the animation will be on par with the plot in terms of quality

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
To talk about the word filter, ****** (in French) actually means "delay." Words like **** and ass don't have an explicit meaning in French, but ****** does. I imagine the idea of linguistic discourse beyond English was considered given that this forum is international and the fact that filters are a part of private discussion as well)

Factors, factors.....

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
To talk about the word filter, ****** (in French) actually means "delay." Words like **** and *** don't have an explicit meaning in French, but ****** does. I imagine the idea of linguistic discourse beyond English was considered given that this forum is international and the fact that filters are a part of private discussion as well)

Factors, factors.....
Even then you'd have to priorities languages for something like that.

For example, "This fannypack of yours is pretty tight." means something different over in England. Or "Hey do you have a car? Mind giving me a ride?" to an Albanian. Or asking for couscous in an Israeli restaurant.

Or how "Yep" is slang for "****" in Russian, as is "Yet" in Thai.

Last edited:
Top Bottom