• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
AND OF COURSE ADOBE DECIDES TO BE A WEINER

How do I get rid of yellow render lines and make them red. The yellow ones **** up my footage.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So My Smash Corner did a Top 15 video on the biggest patches for Sm4sh. :yeahboi:

I'd say the biggest patch for me was buffing Marth/Lucina and the Sheik nerf. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Considering I'm on console, I probably won't get the Ana buffs for a few weeks. I thought she was already good, but hey, I'll take the free buffs. Cutting back on McCree's range was a smart decision, too.

I'm excited for Sombra's eventual reveal and release. They've been dropping hints about her for a long time, and seeing how well they did with Ana, Sombra will probably be really cool.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have an impossibly hard time believing DI down doesn't just neuter that

75° is an awful angle for killing

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I just randomly decided to draw a post of Tharja in the Support Robin! Miiverse. :V

Dunno whether to be happy with it or not. But eh, might do the same with drawing Rhajat in the Support Corrin! Miiverse.

Also, you think Lucina/Marth can escape that DTilt > UAir > DAir combo with Up B?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't like Ben Stiller. He's not funny. I don't like Amy Schumer. She's not funny. I don't like In Bruges. I thought it was boring. I don't like Jurassic Park or Indiana Jones, I think they're both boring. I don't like Pokemon. I think they're childish. I don't like the IT Crowd. I think its poorly written, poorly acted and poorly directed. I'm not a big fan of Sean Connery. He seems to play himself in every movie he's in. Same with Michael Caine. I haven't seen the US version of The Office, but every scene I've been shown plays out in a very uninteresting and unfunny manner. I look down on people who have numbers in their email addresses, especially if its the year of their birth. I don't watch cat videos and I think little of people who do and less of people who joke about doing it, whether they actually do or not. Superhero movies suck, including all of the Avengers franchise. There are only three or four which don't suck and they haven't been made recently. Guardians of the Galaxy, for example, was tedious and so uninteresting I turned it off after they made part of a prison fly away. Pacific Rim is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. No argument I've seen in its favour has convinced me otherwise; it just sucks. I haven't seen the new Star Wars movie because I have no interest in it. Looking at pictures of actors or actresses outside of the movies they're in seems unnatural to me and I don't know why people do it. Looking at a smartphone screen while on the toilet or waiting for a bus is not preferable to looking at the wall or the horizon. People who throw birthday parties for one year old children make me queasy. People who complain about people who iz joek believe in a religion are worse than people who believe in a religion. I think that if there are no good movies "out now" you should find a good one that was made a while ago and watch that. I've never read any Harry Potter books because I'm not interested in them. I did see the first movie, but I thought it wasn't very good. I realise the books and movies are different, but I have no interest in either anyway. I also saw the first Lord of the Rings, but had no interest in watching the others or reading the books. Same with the Hobbit. Just doesn't interest me. The TV show Firefly seemed to be filled with clichéd, uninteresting characters in uninteresting situations, so I stopped watching it. I think people who fawn over things that Joss Whedon does need to grow up or learn how to control themselves. Family Guy is better than American Dad, but both are awful anyway so its not really a competition. Pets aren't interesting. You can just buy one at the store whenever you want to. People with neat houses are generally boring people. Coldplay make music for old ladies who find U2 too challenging. Bill Murray is only sometimes funny. Steve Martin is only sometimes funny. Two for the price of one is the same as buy one get one free. I don't understand why there are two terms for the same thing. If you wait in a long queue and aren't sure what you want when you get to the counter, you should be kicked in the nuts until you die. Rich people are generally unpleasant to be around. If you potentially extend your life by eating some unnecessary diet that makes your quality of life worse, why would you bother? You can do sit ups, star jumps and most other exercises at home. You don't need to go to a park. If you wear pyjamas to a supermarket, to after 9AM or before 9PM, there's something wrong with you. If you do that to get anything greater than two items, then you should still be ashamed. Coffee is a drug. Saying you need it in the morning or you just can't function because you're just not yourself is no different in tone than if you replaced the word coffee with the term heroin fix. If you're at that stage, your brain is using you to get itself coffee. Not eating chocolate for three days doesn't mean you're on a cleanse. The last question on a high school exit exam should be to name the difference between their, there and they're and you're and your. If you don't know what they are, you should be embarrassed and ridiculed. It's not a hugely difficult concept to grasp and you shouldn't be allowed to call yourself an adult if you can't even grasp that. If you don't know how something works, find out. If you have to ask someone, listen to them. If you're wilfully ignorant, you are undeserving of help. If you tell anyone except your own doctor what you did in the bathroom, you should have your mouth stapled shut until you can learn to be a bit more selective with the topics of conversation you think are appropriate. Those pictures people hang in their houses showing geometric representations of deer heads aren't art. They're only one step removed from being as tacky as a plastic mounted bass that sings when you clap at it. If you get gilded, don't edit the comment with thanks. The original comment was what got gilded, not the original comment plus some other praise be unto anonymous strangers garbage that's tacked onto the end. Have you ever enjoyed reading one of those edits? No? Then don't add one to your own comment. They're detritus and you should be able to revoke the gilding if some prickwit who is so devoid of attention feels like he has to thank the ether that he was recognised.
Mhmm... I did not expect this... O_O

Also, this is hilarious while also being terrifying.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
We posting reports to Ffamran Ffamran now? :secretkpop:

Wasn't happy with this one yesterday, but I think I'm in the right mood to show it now. :yeahboi:

So, back around 2006/7, there were three shows that got me into anime. Trigun, Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic. And this was back when there was no copyright system on YouTube, so I pretty much watched these shows on YT.

While I acknowledge that Trigun is awesome, KnM is not that great. Strawberry Panic was somewhat nice to sit through, characters were interesting in their own ways, even though some were stereotypical, like the tsundere, the popular one, the reverse trap, and so on, the music was kind of forgettable except for one track for me which sounded like it ended on an old Windows Error sound. But I will say Strawberry Panic did get me into yuri. But I'm going to be writing about which one is better between the types of media Strawberry Panic has been in. Anime, Manga and Novel. While there is a Drama CD and a Video Game as well, the language barrier prevents me from checking that out, and the video game... well, it's a Dating Sim, buuuut I heard it was average. Plus, Japan only. :V (For those curious when I grabbed the novel of Strawberry Panic, I believe it was around three years ago. Since I remembered watching the anime, and wanted to try and read the original source material.)

First off, best to compare the stories. Now, since this is based off of the novel; the anime goes down its own route instead; since this was most likely during a time where the third volume of the novel was still being written; so the anime went on it's own tangent instead. Which I do not blame, but from reading the novel and then comparing it to the anime. It's a HUGE difference in the plotline, the Manga however was very close to the original material... although one problem with the Manga... it got cancelled, about two volumes in, and it got cancelled; the chapter where it finished was around a competition where one of the girls on horseback had to rescue their "princess" from a tower; an issue happens where one of them falls, but gets rescued by one of them.

While I can give the anime merit for treading a different path for an alternate plot from the novel; I cannot agree with the ending. Since it felt like it was left on a huge cliffhanger. We do not know what truly happens between some of the characters (The main character Nagisa and Tamao becomes friends again, but their relationship is rocky now. And Yaya and Tsubomi are now dating according to what was said in the final episode. :V) It felt like we won't know what is going to happen, like how will Nagisa fix her friendship with Tamao for example; or if Nagisa will see Shizuma again after she's graduated, and I would love it if they did something like an OVA which helped tied all of this knots together. Whereas the novel has a better grounded ending in my opinion; we know what happens, and it feels like a much happier ending for Nagisa and the woman she loves, Shizuma; sure we lose the relationship between Yaya and Tsubomi, and that instead of heavily damaging her relationship with her friend Hikari; she instead realizes her romantic feelings for her is just love as in friendship.

Character wise... I gotta give the anime credit here; most of the characters in the novel, REALLY like to cry. I mean, there were quite a few characters that would just burst into tears. Some examples I could give are Chiyo, Nagisa, Hikari, and so on. We also do get introduced to a new character for the anime, who acts as a lover for one of the other characters.
And in the novel, we do get one character only for that book. Not only that, one of the characters gets a redesign for the anime as well. Instead of having long hair and a fringe; she has somewhat shorter hair, and a massive forehead (I mean god damn, you can probably make that forehead shine!) Again, the Manga stays close to the novel; but again it got cancelled, so we never really did get to see what happens or get introduced to some of the later characters that were seen in the novel through a comic book.

I would compare art styles, but I feel like that would be really unfair comparing the two. Since one is animated, and the other just has still images to express a certain scene that is happening during a certain chapter.

But for those curious, here is the art comparison:

Overall, I feel like it's going to be difficult to choose between the two. The anime feels incomplete ending wise, whereas the novel has characters that are willing to jump at the chance to start crying over something. But on the other side of the spectrum, the anime has a completely different plot, and a unique character exclusively made for the anime, and the Novel has a complete story and despite having the crying fest with a lot of the characters, are somewhat unique in their own ways. If you plan on watching the anime or reading the novel, give them a try, I ain't stopping you.

TL;DR I put too much time into writing this, dammit. :V

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Lavani is now a mermaid.

Lucky for him I have a Gyarados so he doesn't have to be an HM slave.

In other news CrispyT is a Nidoking, I taught that heaux greening to be a naughty gorl and gave ha flash, Muscle knows Strength, and Antonykun can smash rocks (probably with his head).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Lavani is now a mermaid.

Lucky for him I have a Gyarados so he doesn't have to be an HM slave.

In other news CrispyT is a Nidoking, I taught that heaux greening to be a naughty gorl and gave ha flash, Muscle knows Strength, and Antonykun can smash rocks (probably with his head).
rip @Viewtiful1

and Antonykun can smash rocks (probably with his head)

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I went to a Melee local yesterday and I realized something. I need Sm4sh Roy in Melee. Or at least his runspeed, god I forgot how slow he runs in comparison.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I went to a Melee local yesterday and I realized something. I need Sm4sh Roy in Melee. Or at least his runspeed, god I forgot how slow he runs in comparison.
Can Falco have Melee Roy's run speed? It would only be 0.01 above the average, above Mario's, but it would still be better than nothing. ;_;

Edit: Also, someone made a Lana alt for Zelda... I don't know if Zelda can pull of blue hair. Oh, and she looks unnaturally pale in certain lighting. Was Lana that pale in Hyrule Warriors?

Like here. Kinda sickly looking.

This one looks badass, though.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Bide is no joke...
I think that wild Miltank was seeking out revenge for its sister in Goldenrod...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Bide is no joke...
I think that wild Miltank was seeking out revenge for its sister in Goldenrod...
Gurl. When you see the Pokemon begin to use bide (generally it's a trash poke that's slower) then you just sit back and spam stat moves for 2 turns and then bop it. Bide shouldn't do any damage if you don't hurt the Pokemon before it releases bide.

In other news, I've just surpassed 150 Cherubi eggs hatched. It's my current target with the Masuda method. I switched to Cherubi after ~130 Audino eggs with no shiny.

I did for fun calcs on the general odds of finding a shiny with the masuda, and there's about a 1/9 chance an egg was a shiny after 150 eggs. Of course these odds are just like the shiny rng in that you could miss the "lucky number" more than 9 times. I imagine it's like spinning a big wheel where one slot is shiny. And with more spins, there's in a sense a "higher" chance.

Praying it doesn't take over 1300 eggs at leasT...

I also calculated that it's ~1/80 odds of getting a shiny within the first group of 17 eggs. Ayy Maractus~

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Gurl. When you see the Pokemon begin to use bide (generally it's a trash poke that's slower) then you just sit back and spam stat moves for 2 turns and then bop it. Bide shouldn't do any damage if you don't hurt the Pokemon before it releases bide.

In other news, I've just surpassed 150 Cherubi eggs hatched. It's my current target with the Masuda method. I switched to Cherubi after ~130 Audino eggs with no shiny.

I did for fun calcs on the general odds of finding a shiny with the masuda, and there's about a 1/9 chance an egg was a shiny after 150 eggs. Of course these odds are just like the shiny rng in that you could miss the "lucky number" more than 9 times. I imagine it's like spinning a big wheel where one slot is shiny. And with more spins, there's in a sense a "higher" chance.

Praying it doesn't take over 1300 eggs at leasT...

I also calculated that it's ~1/80 odds of getting a shiny within the first group of 17 eggs. Ayy Maractus~
I was confident that my Gyarados could 2 shot the Miltank, but then min/max rng screwed me over. I sent Muscle in praying it wouldn't kill ha.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Zelda Social thread, where we discuss Hollywood actresses, post K-Pop gifs and anything that isn't Zelda:4lemmy:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
umm...
actually that's why I'm here...

She fought valiantly, but in the end her defense being -3 made her vulnerable to the iron tail and I didn't want to risk killing Viewtiful1...

She sacrificed her life for the good of the team..

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
umm...
actually that's why I'm here...

She fought valiantly, but in the end her defense being -3 made her vulnerable to the iron tail and I didn't want to risk killing Viewtiful1...

She sacrificed her life for the good of the team..
It looks like I didn't give enough of my Drowzee power to Muscle...

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It looks like I didn't give enough of my Drowzee power to Muscle...
How is Jose taking the news?

Also BJN stop buying stuff with my money. You are a couple days late on that Moonstone...

Top Bottom