• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I tried to beat Lugalbanda, the Wanderer-King in Xenoblade CX and got destroyed. It needs super strong 'control' resistance. People post videos about a special ether build but idk if I want to get that serious with the game.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I only finished that game recently. Seeing that level 99 Telethia in the sky terrified me.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I'd argue that's true for Smash 4, but not Smash in general.

Melee is most certainly a physical game, for instance. If you can't achieve at least a certain bps, you simply aren't going to win.
I agree that Melee has the highest technical floor for high level play. It's incredibly hard to compete if you can't wavedash or L-cancel, for instance. But once you reach that floor Melee is still mostly mental. How would you divide the percentages?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I tried looking up a youtube LPer named RPGMinx but ended up unsubscribing. She sounds like drunk Markiplier but more annoying and drops an f-bomb every 10th word.
I saw her play the horror game 'dread out'. The game had good atmosphere and cool conceptual bosses but terrible pacing and was a convoluted mess. I never felt on edge from total lack of immersion; it's a shame.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My favorite LPer is Lucahjin. She plays a lot of popular games as well as obscure ones, and I love her sense of humor (although some may find it immature but who cares) and personality. She even streams on Twitch a lot.
This is not an ad.

I agree that Melee has the highest technical floor for high level play. It's incredibly hard to compete if you can't wavedash or L-cancel, for instance. But once you reach that floor Melee is still mostly mental. How would you divide the percentages?
I would argue that it's 90% mental and 10% technical skill

Tech skill alone won't net a lot of success in that game. :^)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
My favorite LPer is Lucahjin. She plays a lot of popular games as well as obscure ones, and I love her sense of humor (although some may find it immature but who cares) and personality. She even streams on Twitch a lot.
This is not an ad.
I'm tempted to post one of her animated videos but I don't want BJN to steal my soul so... take this
Screenshot_2015-08-12-15-18-58.png

A beautiful picture of Froslass

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
This is not an ad.
Ahhh I love Lucahjin too! I can't always make it to her streams but they sure are a blast <3

I'm in love with other people's opinions.
I wish more people were like you

If you have an opinion about that character but you main that character, it's automatically wrong though in this website so yeah. It sucks even if it's *COUGH* logical *COUGH* that the one person who knows the most about a certain matter gets the shaft. Lol

Last edited:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Well I couldn't find anything for this so I made my own in MS Paint. Got too lazy to format the text better. Not sure if something simlar has been done here.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Well I couldn't find anything for this so I made my own in MS Paint. Got too lazy to format the text better. Not sure if something simlar has been done here.
The Twilight Princess one is funny because Zelda actually performed two sacrifices to keep her kingdom safe, and to save it.

So she knows when to fold her hand.

Just like Zelda Mains should

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just printing out some pages of my Uni work right now, since my TA wanted me to print them out so we could have a look to see what I'm suppose to do.

Also, me and Cress! Cress! had some fun matches yesterday. :yeahboi:
Apparently, my :4feroy: is still good... Is this a sign? Is our boy coming back to being my secondary?... Naaaaah, I'd just get bodied by @TTTTTsd's own Roy instead. :secretkpop: (Also, I went Cloud too. Got bodied by a beautiful spike from PK's Wii Feet.)

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Speaking of Roy, I've learned that he's actually pretty difficult to optimize. I saw a bit of Ryo's play and I really want to implement falling Nair first hit kill confirms more often. I got it a couple times playing, but man it's hard. That's not even going into movement or the crazy frame traps I'd like to learn.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Speaking of Roy, I've learned that he's actually pretty difficult to optimize. I saw a bit of Ryo's play and I really want to implement falling Nair first hit kill confirms more often. I got it a couple times playing, but man it's hard. That's not even going into movement or the crazy frame traps I'd like to learn.
Yeah. I've seen some of the stuff some of those players can do, like Static Manny for example; his Roy is insane. Same with Sethlon's.

I may consider using Roy again, but again; with what happened during a match between me and TTTTTsd, I just dropped him. :V

And then when I dropped Roy, I put most of my time into practicing with Bowser and Lucina, until I realised my Bowser wasn't doing as good, then I dropped him; now I'm at where I am today, being a dedicated Lucina main while searching for a good sub between the fighters Cacklin_Oats suggested. :4bowser:/:4dk:, :4mewtwo:, :4corrinf: or :4bayonetta:.

Plus, the rust getting to me as well. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I've seen some of the stuff some of those players can do, like Static Manny for example; his Roy is insane. Same with Sethlon's.

I may consider using Roy again, but again; with what happened during a match between me and TTTTTsd, I just dropped him. :V

And then when I dropped Roy, I put most of my time into practicing with Bowser and Lucina, until I realised my Bowser wasn't doing as good, then I dropped him; now I'm at where I am today, being a dedicated Lucina main while searching for a good sub between the fighters Cacklin_Oats suggested. :4bowser:/:4dk:, :4mewtwo:, :4corrinf: or :4bayonetta:.

Plus, the rust getting to me as well. :secretkpop:
We should have a Lucina ditto. She's my secondary, and it's nice to pick up tricks and see how other people use her.

By the way, I love your taste in yuri picks. They're all so cute to start the day.

No kidding. I was playing him for awhile when he came out, but when I went back I found out he'd have to be someone I practiced regularly just to stay halfway usable. He's a really precise rushdown that's just so easy to screw up, and his combos are buttons and gentle control stick shifting that's just all over the place.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
We should have a Lucina ditto. She's my secondary, and it's nice to pick up tricks and see how other people use her.

By the way, I love your taste in yuri picks. They're all so cute to start the day.
I'd be down for some as well another time. I was told before that I have a "unique" Lucina compared to others. :V

Also, thanks for that. I always try and find some that I haven't reposted or ones that aren't NSFW.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I'll say this. Trying to play Marth or Lucina and Roy is weird. Even if they share similar movesets, Marth's movement feels so rigid. I can't find another way to describe it, but I never feel like I'm in control if that makes sense.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
How long are you gonna stay??

And I like it how you described Toronto in 2 sentances
Will be in and out of Toronto most of the time. Visiting Niagara Falls today, and later this week it will be Waterloo, Ottawa and Montreal (staying here for a few days).

Top Bottom