• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
As I said, I look by FGC standards. S is generally accepted in there as the best. It's a lot easier to look at groupings when they're not deliberately given a letter scale now isn't it? I'm not saying this to be redundant or rude, it's literally how the FGC goes about stuff when it comes to lists, which is why I suggest a numerical system ala ST so you can separate the groupings numerically and show the actual difference.

To most people outside (which is important, tier lists are made for everyone) each letter = a grouping that is separated by rank, usually significant rank because a majority uses things like + and - to connotate minor data differences which this list did not do. My problem lies in its organization of categories because it goes against the grain solely to....go against it, just by looking at it. I haven't been given a real reason why we need S-J yet, I've just been told the letters don't matter (in which case the fact that they're there is redundant, really.)
I get the argument, I just don't think it should matter. A grouping or tier is just that and how it's labeled shouldn't affect how it's viewed.

Would a numbered system make more sense? Probably. But they've done it this way and I doubt they'll change it, at least for this list.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I get the argument, I just don't think it should matter. A grouping or tier is just that and how it's labeled shouldn't affect how it's viewed.

Would a numbered system make more sense? Probably. But they've done it this way and I doubt they'll change it, at least for this list.
Unfortunately that's how the FGC tends to work. It's why when people make their Guilty Gear lists they make gratuitous use of + and - because usually character viability never dips below B tier. It's a sort of established practice in which tiers of S-D are generally normal and you cross-compare between games (i.e. Guilty Gear is really balanced compared to *insert game here* because its worst character ranks at B/B- tier whereas *insert game here*'s worst is like, D).

It's really normative and honestly the more games go by this sort of standard the better.

Or you could be like Super Turbo and use a numbered Ratio list (and add decimals, ST's list had that at one point but it doesn't anymore, no need, metagame changes, etc.) which I think more accurately represents viability. ST has a ratio based tier list from 4 to 1, and their tournaments around it basically make you pick as much chars as you want so long as the number doesn't exceed 7 (for instance, Claw (Vega) has a ratio of 4 and Guile has a Ratio of 3. I could play Claw and Guile but that's it, whereas I could play Claw, a Ratio 2 char, and a Ratio 1 ranked char). I just suggested numbers officially because it is so much easier to demonstrate significant/insignificant gaps and because you don't end up with oddities like Falcon and Yoshi in their own entire lettered tier.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Aside from me being picky about little thing, I like the new CCI thread much better than the last. It really deteriorated at the end.

I think prone women are hot if they don't speak and I don't look at their faces. Does that make me a bad person?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Unfortunately that's how the FGC tends to work. It's why when people make their Guilty Gear lists they make gratuitous use of + and - because usually character viability never dips below B tier. It's a sort of established practice in which tiers of S-D are generally normal and you cross-compare between games (i.e. Guilty Gear is really balanced compared to *insert game here* because its worst character ranks at B/B- tier whereas *insert game here*'s worst is like, D).

It's really normative and honestly the more games go by this sort of standard the better.

Or you could be like Super Turbo and use a numbered Ratio list (and add decimals, ST's list had that at one point but it doesn't anymore, no need, metagame changes, etc.) which I think more accurately represents viability. ST has a ratio based tier list from 4 to 1, and their tournaments around it basically make you pick as much chars as you want so long as the number doesn't exceed 7 (for instance, Claw (Vega) has a ratio of 4 and Guile has a Ratio of 3. I could play Claw and Guile but that's it, whereas I could play Claw, a Ratio 2 char, and a Ratio 1 ranked char). I just suggested numbers officially because it is so much easier to demonstrate significant/insignificant gaps and because you don't end up with oddities like Falcon and Yoshi in their own entire lettered tier.
This is probably one of those areas where I just don't get social norms and will drop the issue.

It feels like less of a problem because they provided us with the numbers used to order the list and the overall variation with the characters.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Mocha Mocha

eeeeeeeeeeeeee! You said hi!

iirc you were busy with something important in your life, meaning SWF hiatus. (I feel shameful since I cannot remember.) but how are you doing now?!

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Aside from me being picky about little thing, I like the new CCI thread much better than the last. It really deteriorated at the end.
Remember that Emblem Lord - Turbolink fiasco at the last thread? Lol man.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just had my meeting with my TA today. And it was really fun.

He seems like a nice gentleman too. :yeahboi:
I explained to him everything about the course I'm doing and how I'm like. :V

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
so basically you called yourself a weeb?
rood

But seriously, I just told him how I'm like during work and all that. Mainly with distractions, and sometimes not understanding certain questions that they're asking. (Also had to tell him I'll be going on holiday for a week in March as well, so I won't be having a meeting with him during that week)

But he'll be visiting again during lunch time next week, so I'll be working during then. :V

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Mocha Mocha

eeeeeeeeeeeeee! You said hi!

iirc you were busy with something important in your life, meaning SWF hiatus. (I feel shameful since I cannot remember.) but how are you doing now?!
Yeah I have all kinds of stuff come up, but I am alive xP Just wanted to swing by and see how you guys were doing. Also as far as Zelda, it doesn't seem like i missed much, yeah? No OP infinites yet, hm?

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Hi all. Been a while, hm?

I really doubt Zelderp is the worst character on the tier list. Extremely underrated and not many people actually know how to use her to her full potential. Besides Ven, who else is repping her offline?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I really doubt Zelderp is the worst character on the tier list. Extremely underrated and not many people actually know how to use her to her full potential.
Whoops Lorde Lorde is going to kill you now hope you like corrosive acid eating away your face :secretkpop:

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Good, now since I'm here. Someone tell me how to make dair force get up

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Someone quote my sassy post for this gorl

She needs to be enlighTened

Sour dair, fair, and bair can initiate a jab lock if you hit the opponent on the ground within a timeframe. (Forgot the exact number, but it's a fairly tight timing.) The jab lock also works up to a certain percentage, but I think sour dair works up to around the 70's.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My gawd, it's been so long since I've been here. Lots of stuff going on. How has everyone been? What have I missed? o.o
OMG Mocha you came back! Hii! It's been forever! Good to see you're still doing alright.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
My thoughts on this tier list are similar to my thoughts on most tier lists.

Zelda too high

Sheik too low

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You have to hit them in the first 25 frames of their landing animation - while they're still bouncing - to force getup, otherwise they can still do whatever they want or take as long as they want after they get hit. Gotta be quick!

Sweetspot dair should work on training in Sheik up to 29%, 5% sour dair up to 118%. Numbers vary in an actual match based on staleness/freshness and rage.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I swear to god, I always end up in the odd side of YouTube whenever I look up GModders/SFMakers.

What did I even watch? (Can't believe I used to find this stuff funny. :V)

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
OMG Mocha you came back! Hii! It's been forever! Good to see you're still doing alright.
Ricksteeeer, how've you been? :)

Missed playing with you, hehe. How's Zelda coming along, and your other chars? I saw some replays of you and Nairo awhile back, though that was probably super old cause it's been like more than half a year since I played this game. Still, sweet matches!

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Ricksteeeer, how've you been? :)

Missed playing with you, hehe. How's Zelda coming along, and your other chars? I saw some replays of you and Nairo awhile back, though that was probably super old cause it's been like more than half a year since I played this game. Still, sweet matches!
Oh hey, I remember seeing you around here. Betcha don't remember me tho. It's cool that you're back though fam, welcome re-aboard and stuff.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Oh hey, I remember seeing you around here. Betcha don't remember me tho. It's cool that you're back though fam, welcome re-aboard and stuff.
My memory is terrible, but I remember a surprising amount of people here. You do seem familiar but I can't quite place... did you have a name change, or several? And thank you so much - I probably won't be active still, but it's nice to see how everyone's been.

Lots of new faces around too. Nice to meet you all c:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
My memory is terrible, but I remember a surprising amount of people here. You do seem familiar but I can't quite place... did you have a name change, or several? And thank you so much - I probably won't be active still, but it's nice to see how everyone's been.

Lots of new faces around too. Nice to meet you all c:
No name change sadly, but I have changed my profile a bit. I was like, the only guy that talked about Dr. Mario competitively in the public scope for....the longest time. Still something I'm proud of doing. I just remember you vaguely but I remember you vanishing and not ledgesnapping (stupid joke yay) so it's cool to see you back.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh wow, Mocha is back, hey there!
You probably already forgot me, or won't recognize me due to the name change.... But hi anyway c:
:196:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
AAAAHHHHHHH.

First Mocha Mocha , then @Princess Toady, now Milky. Milky. ?! Hew next?! @Toadallstar2 maybe :3c I love seeing you gorls come by!

I may have forgotten Mocha. ;~; (Or may have not met him. :V)

But pay no attention to me Mocha. I'm a Lucina main anyway. :secretkpop:
Mocha is a real gorl, like, girl gurl

She's an original a Brawl Zelda board Zelda. Like, she's that legendTary

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Mocha was the true original Zelda gorl named after coffee praise her presence

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Aaah, you guys are going to make me all modest now...
-hides-

Seriously, it's great seeing you all again :')

I heard there's a Sonic main using the tag Mocha now though. What is this blasphemy? xD
I had someone randomly message me the other day to congratulate me on winning a tourney with Sonic wat

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hey Mocha gorl!

Hopfeully, you got irl problems sorted out (weren't you looking for work?) and you're alright now.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Mocha being here reminded me of Latte's Zelda optimism tier list. The coffee pals always brought us way up on the scale of optimism. I bring us back to medium with my extreme penisism and Phil makes us insanely penisistic.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Mocha being here reminded me of Latte's Zelda optimism tier list. The coffee pals always brought us way up on the scale of optimism. I bring us back to medium with my extreme penisism and Phil makes us insanely penisistic.
Nah I wasn't the most penissistic gorl here tbh there were far stronger sentiments for zelda's tr4sh levels from some gorls here

like gingergaymer :^D

Top Bottom