• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Tbh the best part of that Gif is that it's from a video where I ledge cancel two more times [once into a sourspot dair and again into a whifed uair] and I SD'd [Not from a ledge cancel thank goodness] in the first 30 seconds at like 10% and still came back in the end.

Honestly I suspect he just gave up and knew it was over after a ledge cancel death.

Oh he knew.

No humility #justZeldMainThings

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Based on what I'm reading I'm going to assume this whole "infracted for IMG-posting" thing in the Robin Social (hopefully) turned out to be false.
Update: This just in.

Been practicing ledge cancels nonstop for the past few days.

Got my first legit ledge cancel to dair KO.

I'VE NEVER FELT SO ALIVE.

Edit: Srry every time I post it's with media but I mean come on ledge cancels are a thing of beauty that the world needs more of.

That was nice. Reminded me that I should try to get some of my replays uploaded.

What program so you use for the Image/Gif/Video?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Edit: Srry every time I post it's with media but I mean come on ledge cancels are a thing of beauty that the world needs more of.

That wave though. Perfect timing.
---
Also Zelda with that bottom tier forward jump animation but S tier backwards jump.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Based on what I'm reading I'm going to assume this whole "infracted for IMG-posting" thing in the Robin Social (hopefully) turned out to be false.

That was nice. Reminded me that I should try to get some of my replays uploaded.

What program so you use for the Image/Gif/Video?
I just uploaded to youtube via replays and used gfycat. Just google 'youtube to gif' and there's a bunch of sites.

And if images/replays/gifs/youtube links are now illegal (why do we have the option to upload them then?..) then things have changed a lot in my short absence.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
crow posts an image just because he can
omg Crashboards stop crashing

I've been starting to think that :4duckhunt: is the worst character in the game. No combos that I can think of, a recovery like Villager's that's slower and doesn't go nearly as far, and he can't kill to save himself from the dog hunters. (Or her but knowing Nintendo it's probably genderless.)
His smash attacks are the worst though. The hitbox is so tiny and kills so late. Also people fall out of them easier than :4zelda: up smash before it was fixed.
I also remember seeing a YouTube comment (reliable sources!!!!!1!11!) saying that his neutral B is his best move for damaging and killing, but since he relies on spamming it for damage, it gets so stale that it can't kill either. So up tilt and up air are his only reliable kill moves, and if you're never above him, he can't kill you at all really. :/
some of that information is off. If you want the gist of it though, duck hunt is a set up character that can't set up. a lot of laggy moves all beat by run up shield, over reliant on platforms, kills super late with no opportunities for early kills unless it's mac or something. he has a lot of none obvious things as assets too either way he is a character with just terrible match ups.

If he had a kill throw a lot of that would change

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just cleaned around my room earlier today, had a shower to get all the dust and dirt off and had my breakfast. And I'm playing Binding of Isaac Rebirth on 3DS again, managed to get the third ending now. Now attempting my next run.

But not much happening, might go and watch some Gochuumon later today. :V

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just cleaned around my room earlier today, had a shower to get all the dust and dirt off and had my breakfast. And I'm playing Binding of Isaac Rebirth on 3DS again, managed to get the third ending now. Now attempting my next run.

But not much happening, might go and watch some Gochuumon later today. :V

I been wanting to get both a new 3ds and Binding of Issac Rebirth for it. Having a portable Issac I could play at anytime would be amazing. Especially when I wouldn't have to start up steam and wait for it to load, etc. Have the bugs been fixed yet though? And I also hope that around christmas time, where I may get a new 3ds, that it gets the Afterbirth DLC.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I been wanting to get both a new 3ds and Binding of Issac Rebirth for it. Having a portable Issac I could play at anytime would be amazing. Especially when I wouldn't have to start up steam and wait for it to load, etc. Have the bugs been fixed yet though? And I also hope that around christmas time, where I may get a new 3ds, that it gets the Afterbirth DLC.
Well, bug wise. I've experienced two bugs so far. One was the game just stopped working when I opened up my New 3DS, but I think it was because I accidentally knocked it into my bedroom wall. One other crash I encountered was that it just crashed the moment I picked up Common Cold, but other than that. It works fine.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm doing okay, just got back from a walk, kind of irritable but whatever.

For some reason The Binding of Issac (games) really creeps me out. It's a horrible story from the psyche of an abused child :sadeyes: I mean I'll watch games like The Evil Within and just think they're stupid but BoI is ugh.

Anyway I'll wifi if anyone wants?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I'm surprised a lot of Zelda mains don't take advantage of this.

I got a lot of clutch/unexpected kills from it.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Zelda would win a twerking contest because she wins everything. Alternatively, Wii Fit Trainer because she knows how to get those SQUATS in

I never though I would be talking about this in my entire life

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh and SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 I started watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun with my sister yesterday (fourth episode so far) and the comedy in that anime is so on point oh my god.

It's probably my favorite comedy anime, the parody in it is great.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh and SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 I started watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun with my sister yesterday (fourth episode so far) and the comedy in that anime is so on point oh my god.

It's probably my favorite comedy anime, the parody in it is great.
We FINALLY got a gorl that has done the right thing.

Which one of you gorls will be next in pursuing perfection and why orange hair meme grill is best grill? :^)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
We FINALLY got a gorl that has done the right thing.

Which one of you gorls will be next in pursuing perfection and why orange hair meme grill is best grill? :^)
Gekkan Shoujo is a really good comedy anime. I'd say it's up there with Carnival Phantasm and Gintama. RomCom wise, it's one of the best.

Funny that the YouTuber I watch GRArkada doesn't like Gekkan Shoujo, since he said to Skip It, mainly because the comedy didn't really flow with him.

Also, when is Season 2!? >:C

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Someone found a gem on Reddit:

"The Zelda mains over on smash boards have some kind of "Unique identity" ordeal with chat rooms. They won't make one because they wanna hip and cool, I suppose. I got shot down for introducing the idea in the most "non-answer" way possible."

I guess we are pretty snobby, which is ironic considering who we main--... wait a second, nobody even mains Zelda here.
And remember my most "non-answer" answer? View attachment 81159
Reminds me when someone came here suggesting having a skype group. (Maybe it's even the same person?)
DoctorDub said:
Just popping in to say that the Zero Suits set up a discord server to chat on. Only reason I bring it up is because given how active this thread is, it may be more convenient for you guys to set up your own one. It'll allow people to chat and interact quite happily both on a desktop/laptop and on mobile. Just a suggestion, probably won't happen, but you guys should think about it.
And the responses that followed:
so you are suggesting

that we zelda gorls abandon this thread like everyone else did with theirs

and make a group chat call thingy

like... a zelda SKYPE group

Suicidal_Donuts said:
I was a part of the Lucas Skype group... Let's just say almost the whole entire board went dead after that from what I remember. I haven't been since the Skype Group took over. The Social Thread was pathetic for a hyped DLC character, and character in general, and the rest of the topics for the most part were pretty dead as well. That Skype group got nothing accomplished to my knowledge and made us gorls look like saints in the regard that we actively discuss the game in general and our own character and have fun with witty posts and sophistication.

That Skype group was essentially what you'd think when you bring a bunch of teenagers and young adults into a giant group message. Skype groups are generally just very unorganized due to their format and it's hard to find and keep track of certain people's posts because it's all everywhere and everyone is responding to different people and people are more likely to make several one sentence (maybe not even a sentence) responses instead of what we lovely gorls do here. You just don't have the big dysfunctional happy family atmosphere like you do here in a Skype Group.

Instead you feel like you're in a sea of randoms.:(
PK21 said:
Skype groups are fine with like 7 or less people, but a social thread like this with 20ish active members and a few others that pop in and out at times would be too hectic.
KarmaCastle said:
Yea. The biggest problem would definitely be the who's replying to who thing.

Also we might miss out on some top notch posts and gifs :secretkpop:

And idk why everybody talks about how we don't mention Zelda or Sm4sh enough. Aside from Splat00n taking over 2 pages, we usually relate back to it every few pages somehow.

Or just talk socially. Which is what Social threads on these boards are for aren't they? If I wanted to thoroughly critique our place in the meta and moveset , I'd post in the moveset thread.
Needless to say, a zelda skype group/external chat room aint happening.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just recently found out the first five minutes of Digimon Tri Movie 1: Reunion was posted onto Nicovideo. I'm now more hyped up for it. owo

I hope it'll be good, because this is so damn nostalgic for me right now!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
FYI we have a Dr. Mario skype AND Facebook group and the forums haven't really died at all. A lot of our best Docs were inactive on Smashboards to begin with so it kinda went from there.

In other news http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/03/str...-characters-posstible-capcom-pro-tour-events/

My boy is actually, for real, coming back.

GUILEEEEE AND Nash AND Urien on the same roster? Guess I gotta play ALL THREE
Oh so Alex is going to show up after all.

I don't even know why people like him so much but every time I went to something SF V related there was people talking about him.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just recently found out the first five minutes of Digimon Tri Movie 1: Reunion was posted onto Nicovideo. I'm now more hyped up for it. owo

I hope it'll be good, because this is so damn nostalgic for me right now!
I saw the Digimon movie with Deaboromon and Willas. It was good. I lost track of digimon but liked the original series.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I saw the Digimon movie with Diaboromon and Willas. It was good. I lost track of digimon but liked the original series.
I remember watching that movie too. It was fun for Digimon fans, but it was just a mess with all of the American music. I bet it was better in the Japanese version.

Also, seems like in the Tri Movie, Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken all get bodied by a new villain. :yeahboi:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I loved using Alex in TvC so I'm happy he's coming back.
Just put Ingrid and Dudley in there too and I'm golden.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
If one mentions TVC

One must also mention the best waifu that is Jun the Swan

And surprise she's actually good in this game

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
If one mentions TVC

One must also mention the best waifu that is Jun the Swan

And surprise she's actually good in this game
She does have good combos, but I usually just stick with the basic, easy combos like L, M, c.M, H, c.H, f.H, qcf.L, Baroque, L, M, c.M, H, c.H, f.H, M, c.M, H, df.H, L, L, M, M, DJ, M, M, qcb.L, qcb2ATK.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
My college requires every student to become licensed in Title IX Training, so education in consent is being given; it's just that I think it'll be more helpful if there were presentations for high schools too since not everybody goes to college.
Even high school is too late to start, in my opinion. Teenagers often start having sex, "experimenting," and dating in middle school (more dating than sex, but sex does happen), so we need to prepare them on how to have safe sex and healthy relationships before, not after.

Also I'm interested in what the content of the Title IX training is. I doubt it's as extensive as what I want, but at this point, some is better than nothing.

Also: I don't believe there should be exemptions. Parents should not be able to pull their children from sex ed, even for religious reasons. The full curriculum -- healthy relationships, safe sex, consent, sexuality -- should be mandatory for everyone.

Last edited:

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Hi

Long time no see guys, not sure if y'all remember me or not.

OMG SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

Try as you might, you will never be as fabulous as Zelda

MMMMHHHMMMMM
BJN sis, I made a few slight image edits based off this pic. Maybe I'll add them to the Zeldaganda thread

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, bug wise. I've experienced two bugs so far. One was the game just stopped working when I opened up my New 3DS, but I think it was because I accidentally knocked it into my bedroom wall. One other crash I encountered was that it just crashed the moment I picked up Common Cold, but other than that. It works fine.
That sounds fine then. To be fair, I think the bugs have more to do with the final secret character than anything else. I don't know if I even want to go for 100% completion.

Field trip to the Renaissance fair was fun.

Saw this beauty at the fair:
Weiss's rapier from RWBY! With real steel and revolving dust container!

Sadly, I both didn't bring all my money that day due to fear of thieves, and because of it being a school day, they couldn't sell me any steel anyway.

With that said, I'm currently debating on whether it is worth is or not. If I buy it, I basically have no money left. Maybe 30 dollars left, but that depends on what my moms wants me to pay for. Granted, the only game I want coming out before Christmas would be Yokai Watch and technically X. However, I have enough eshop money for Yokai Watch, and X comes out close enough to Christmas that I can just get it then. However, this also leaves me with barely any bumper for the remainder of next year.

I mean, it is more practical to have games as they can potentially provide endless entertainment as oppose to a sword, which would sit in the corner, with me occasionally playing with the revolver.

But my mind feels like being stupid in that it such a nice looking sword. Decisions Decisions.

Top Bottom