• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

Anyone want to critique my flaws against this Mario player? I'd appreciate it. (outside of me using Phantom on his cape which was a bad idea. I thought I'd fall before it reversed.)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
you just said literally everything we currently know

aside from getup attacks apparnetly doing 2% less shield damage
I'm fairly certain it's more then 2% because that's probably not how bonus shield damage works

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Update is laaaaaame.

So Pit and Dark Pit didn't get anything. Again. :4dk:

Really though, only one real change so far in a Luigi Dthrow nerf. If you're anybody else besides maybe Samus (not in a way you'll expect apparently) you won't notice a thing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
nayru's passion and farore's squall buffs

now macchiato specifically can get hyp-oh wait he doesn't main zelda

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and saw Smash Updated when I got up. Tried uploading the replays I had against @Koiba. But nope. D:
So no Flare Blitz KOing Pikachu at 78% on Lylat. ;~;
But I did get footage of the Jab Walk I mentioned today.
In order to do this, you need to tilt the Control Stick just slightly so that Charizard is in his walking animation but so that he won't throw out an FTilt, if done correctly, the jab moves Charizard forward, and if he hits someone with a Jab while Jab Walking, he'll slide backwards with the opponent.

And I see it was mostly a Customs Balance Patch today. But who knows, we'll need to do further research. :3
And also, Shield Breaker nerf on Lucina and Marth?!

It hurts being a Lucina main.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
this update sucked imo

wasted all my replays for a luigi dthrow change and him buffed, and weird custom move buffs/nerfs

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm rather sad that Lucina/Marth got a nerf with her Neutral B. :c

But at least Bowser kind of had a buff with his NAir. Won't be enough anyways. :V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
To be fair, DK's sideB got the exact same nerf. Even if they are shield-breaking tools, the amount of shield damage they did was a bit excessive (and is still really good)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
At least Sakurai's main in Brawl got a buff. :secretkpop:
Yeah, but Ganondorf has been getting buffs for ages tho :p

Was hoping that Lucina would get a buff that would benefit her more. But a nerf to her Shield Pressuring tool? That's kinda silly imo.
Yeah, that is true. Not sure why they would want to do that tho lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
We'll just have to wait and see what other results Thinkaman will find within the data. If Palutena does get some buffs, then oh boy. Lucina's waifu will be going places. :yeahboi:

Also, I wonder if that Jab Walking video I made will have some viability in competitive.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
nayru's passion and farore's squall buffs

now macchiato specifically can get hyp-oh wait he doesn't main zelda
i still main her. i'm just focusing on rosa for a bit and i'm getting someone to teach me rosa. i still main zelda but i really don't care about customs anymore. i hope they drown thereselves.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I woke up at 3am for this patch and I was greatly let down. The custom changes were like ???, the Marth/Lucina nerf was like "Why?", the Luigi changes were like "Okay?", and then Samus and Ganon got buffed (with a few others). This patch was like a fake balance patch. At least Samus finally got buffed. She deserved it.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I woke up at 3am for this patch and I was greatly let down. The custom changes were like ???, the Marth/Lucina nerf was like "Why?", the Luigi changes were like "Okay?", and then Samus and Ganon got buffed (with a few others). This patch was like a fake balance patch. At least Samus finally got buffed. She deserved it.
Now we just wait for Zelda to get buffed. And Lucina. :secretkpop:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I'm a bit disappointed about this patch as well, not much changed outside of Luigi and customs (rip infinite Lightweight :c). But, oh well. We'll probably get more substantial roster-wide changes next patch, or whenever the new characters drop.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
These custom changes should've happened months ago. Customs are slowly being phased out now. This might help bring them back, but they'll probably end up dying completely anyway.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm sure anyone who mains custom Palutena is pretty upset with this patch, with infinite lightweight finally kicking the can.

Also, Nayru's Passion FAF went from 60 –> 55 roughly with the startup change.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm sure anyone who mains custom Palutena is pretty upset with this patch, with infinite lightweight finally kicking the can.

Also, Nayru's Passion FAF went from 60 –> 55 roughly with the startup change.
It was only a matter of time until infinite lightweight got the boot =/

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Get rid of Infinite Lightweight.
Greninja still has the Shadow Sneak hitstun cancel.
lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link seems the same except shocking spin attack got a power buff. How'd Zelda fare?
Anyone want to wifi?

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
So despite Jigglypuff having the worst customs in the game, it got no buffs? Not even to the piece of tr4sh that is Spinphony?
Also, it sucks that we all waited two months for an update that primarily changes customs instead of normal moves.
image.jpg

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Infinite Lightweight being gone is a sizable nerf, but she's still good with customs on so it really isn't that bad. And besides, we still have plenty of weird, underrated techs that could be put to use like Glide Bouncing.

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
Back from the dead (not like anyone cared lol)
What have I missed in the month or two that I was gone?
:happysheep:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I think you mean like, 2 weeks.
I worded that poorly, but the developers have not been changing these characters for only two weeks. Don't they get some feedback about the fighters from people in Japan at least? I'm pretty sure customs aren't that huge over there.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think one thing to consider with custom moves is that they can now be played online through Tourney Mode, along with Miis. Perhaps that's what has given Sakurai and his team some motivation to give them some balance changes after all this time.

Top Bottom