• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I got approved to be a substitute teacher at a private school in my area today!

They have an early education childcare program during the summer, so hopefully I'll get called in for that, but if not, at least it's an option for the school year.

I sent in an application to be a teaching assistant at a different school though, and I really want it! I'm also going to send in more substitute applications for neighboring school districts.

Wish me luck on my never ending job hunt gorls~

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lucas players might be willing to approach either with their aerial snake, as it usually leads to a nice conversion to a grab -> Dthrow -> Nair/Uair/Dair.

Just shield the aerial snake and immediately punish with the Usmash before he lands, Zelda gorls. Shutting down one of his more reliable options to get a grab ups your shield defense as raw grab isn't exactly a safe option. And I mean Usmash can kill for once so why not use it now? :secretkpop:

I can definitely see Usmash being more used as a scare factor if anything to punish unsafe aerial approaches now it can potentially kill, which can make the opponent more hesitant in aerial approach. This DEFINITELY can alleviate pressure on Zelda and may make the opponent go for a more ground based approach, in which Zelda can at least attempt to fight decently well.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Why is the Competitive Discussion section full of players that think Orbital Gate Assault and walk-offs are a good idea?

It's called Competitive Discussion, not Dumb Ideas For Days.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Yooooooo Air FADC into BAir landed me a kill at 80 LMAO
The dude thought I was going for the DAir
I love this char
I still can't Shakunetsu or EX Tatsu for **** XD

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Yooooooo Air FADC into BAir landed me a kill at 80 LMAO
The dude thought I was going for the DAir
I love this char
I still can't Shakunetsu or EX Tatsu for **** XD
What are the correct inputs for his side-b? I know QC back but is there another? I guess my question is partially what are all the names of the variations? Also I got my friend who likes traditional fighters to get Ryu. Not that it took much convincing.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So like, don't space poorly vs. Ryu's shield on the ground like, mid stage or when he's near the ledge cause.....

I'm playing this char for the rest of my life.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
What are the correct inputs for his side-b? I know QC back but is there another? I guess my question is partially what are all the names of the variations? Also I got my friend who likes traditional fighters to get Ryu. Not that it took much convincing.
All the inputs should be in the Ryu boards but I'm sure there's only two inputs: the QC+A for EX and Side B for the regular one. iirc
Shoot they put so much love into this character I wouldn't be surprised if some SF players pick up Smash.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
All the inputs should be in the Ryu boards but I'm sure there's only two inputs: the QC+A for EX and Side B for the regular one. iirc
Shoot they put so much love into this character I wouldn't be surprised if some SF players pick up Smash.
My bad, for some reason I thought Shakunetsu was a variation on Tatsumaki but it's the red fireball, lol.

#nofightinggameexperience

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why is the Competitive Discussion section full of players that think Orbital Gate Assault and walk-offs are a good idea?

It's called Competitive Discussion, not Dumb Ideas For Days.
I also love when someone random posts "discoveries" and empty facts like, "top 10 are *insert 10 characters here*. Okay, fella.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I also love when someone random posts "discoveries" and empty facts like, "top 10 are *insert 10 characters here*. Okay, fella.
Someone just posted a top 10 with Bowser in it.

@ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd a couple of questions about Ryu:
  • Is there ever a reason to not use the more powerful versions of his specials? The only one I can think of is speed in some instances.
  • Do the different tilt inputs count as different attacks for the stale move queue or not?
  • Is fully charged Focus Attack unblockable?

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Someone just posted a top 10 with Bowser in it.

@ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd a couple of questions about Ryu:
  • Is there ever a reason to not use the more powerful versions of his specials? The only one I can think of is speed in some instances.
  • Do the different tilt inputs count as different attacks for the stale move queue or not?
  • Is fully charged Focus Attack unblockable?
-The only time I use the default specials is when I want to b-reverse a hadoken or if I don't have enough time to input the dp when I'm falling.
-They have separate staling the regular and ex versions.
-lvl 3 focus is unblockable.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I have to wait until tomorrow to get Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and Dream Land :(

ughhh

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Good games @ Rion Rion !

Sorry I had to quit, that lag was too much for me. :ohwell: (plus my mom has been calling for me for like 10 mins lol).

You're an amazing Zelda by the way! I lost track of how many times you read my ledge getups. Also those Usmash KOs bring back memories from Brawl. :awesome:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
FFVII REMAKE.

ACTUALLY HAPPENING GORLS.

NOW I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY IT FOR THE FIRST TIME, FIND OUT WHY EVERYONE WORSHIPS THIS THING AND NOT VOMIT AT BAD VISUALS.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So like, don't space poorly vs. Ryu's shield on the ground like, mid stage or when he's near the ledge cause.....

I'm playing this char for the rest of my life.
Is there any characters that OoS F-Air isn't too reliable against?

It does look like a fast falling character could get away from those combos but idk.

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
I haven't faced a Ryu or Lucas yet. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Is there any characters that OoS F-Air isn't too reliable against?

It does look like a fast falling character could get away from those combos but idk.
Listed in description. Mostly *******. Anyone of moderate height/shorter than Mario aren't vulnerable, which thankfully means most of the disjoint chars aren't safe.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Good games @ Rion Rion !

Sorry I had to quit, that lag was too much for me. :ohwell: (plus my mom has been calling for me for like 10 mins lol).

You're an amazing Zelda by the way! I lost track of how many times you read my ledge getups. Also those Usmash KOs bring back memories from Brawl. :awesome:
Oh my God, at first I was so frustrated because I was so miss-miss with the ledge reads haha. It was getting discouraging! In that regard, I was getting a bit better.

Although we had pretty much 50/50 wins, I felt like your gameplay ended up a lot more flashy and early-killy. I got scooped by FW Elevator so much... and my Zelda is full of stiletto holes from all those landed LKs.

Highlights though:

- Missed Elevator > Me Elevatoring you, lol. You already went to the roof my friend, I just came up to greet you :3c

- What the hell happened on our 2nd to last match on Dreamland, where I did Farore's and you like... got send up super super high and died, without me hitting you on the 2nd hit?! That was so weird! Did the wind of the stage just push you upwards-?

Smh how come I never heard of Auntie @ Rion Rion from you gorls?

Hi Auntie Rion!

*hugs*:happysheep:
Well hello! I'm actually a pretty old Zelda main around these parts. Nothin' special!

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Listed in description. Mostly *******. Anyone of moderate height/shorter than Mario aren't vulnerable, which thankfully means most of the disjoint chars aren't safe.
Hm, I wonder if Greninja is included?

Greninja's height is kind of a complicated thing to me. In that apparently he's the shortest character in the game when standing or something even though it really doesn't look like it.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Oh my God, at first I was so frustrated because I was so miss-miss with the ledge reads haha. It was getting discouraging! In that regard, I was getting a bit better.

Although we had pretty much 50/50 wins, I felt like your gameplay ended up a lot more flashy and early-killy. I got scooped by FW Elevator so much... and my Zelda is full of stiletto holes from all those landed LKs.

Highlights though:

- Missed Elevator > Me Elevatoring you, lol. You already went to the roof my friend, I just came up to greet you :3c

- What the hell happened on our 2nd to last match on Dreamland, where I did Farore's and you like... got send up super super high and died, without me hitting you on the 2nd hit?! That was so weird! Did the wind of the stage just push you upwards-?

Well hello! I'm actually a pretty old Zelda main around these parts. Nothin' special!
That double Elevator was great. That's one of the two things that make Zelda dittos worth it, lol.

On that Dreamland match I actually got up from the ledge and tried to Usmash. Your Rage + me charging + my % probably caused the BKB to destroy me. That's the first time that's ever happened to me, too.

You think I'm flashy too? @Alacion thinks so too, lol. I didn't think I was...no disrespect meant, of course. :ohwell:

@Nairo Your flashiness must be rubbing off on me from your streams, haha.

EDIT: Welp it's raining now. If you don't get a response, my internet quit out. :p

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So I went on the miiverse stage and umm well

On charizard:
"My dad hits me :("
"Cheriza wins aawways"

On zelda:
"Zelda forever Waifu"
"Zelda is too OP, plz nerf"

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
"TFW the president of Nintendo America is better at trash talking than a top competitive Smash player"

THAT COMMENT KILLED ME
That video is so awkward......

The trash talk was lame from both sides.

And Reggie going for the hug...........

CRINGE OVERLOAD

ABORT ABORT ABORT!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
HOLY ****
If these are in game graphics...

PC version when?
Hmm....looks like CGI to me. The animations and stuff are too fine for it to be in game. But that's just me. :)

EDIT: So I was reading the comments on that article on the homepage (the one with the DLC chars and Falco) and someone asked what changed.

The person said: "I would tell your but there's a lot. For example the second hit on Zelda's UpB no longer kills."
Where do people get these ideas

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I have HAD it. I feel like crying. Or punching something. Or both.

So you know how you can post stuff to show up on the Miiverse stage? I thought to myself, "why not make some actually good art?" So I did. Or, well, I attempted to.

I went for Shulk of course because he's my main. Drew a pretty neat picture, I gotta say. Go to post:

Communication error.

I try a couple of times, but it doesn't go through. Seems like I have to quit Miiverse; hopefully my drawing is saved.

Yeah, no. I lost it. I spent 45 minutes on absolutely nothing.

At this point I'm pretty frustrated, but I think "maybe it's because I put it in sleep mode while I was drawing." So I decide to draw another one.

This one is also pretty cool. Took about half an hour. Go to post:

Communication error.

Ok, seriously? I try a couple more times and it BOOTS ME BACK TO THE MIIVERSE HOME PAGE. NO PROMPT OR ANYTHING, IT JUST MAKES ME LEAVE.

AND IT DIDN'T EVEN POST MY DRAWING.

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR SERVICE WHEN IT FLAT OUT REJECTS SOMETHING I SPENT A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME ON, NINTENDO.

I think I know why all the Miiverse posts are bad. If you spend more than 15 minutes on it, it just doesn't get accepted.

Go figure.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I have HAD it. I feel like crying. Or punching something. Or both.

So you know how you can post stuff to show up on the Miiverse stage? I thought to myself, "why not make some actually good art?" So I did. Or, well, I attempted to.

I went for Shulk of course because he's my main. Drew a pretty neat picture, I gotta say. Go to post:

Communication error.

I try a couple of times, but it doesn't go through. Seems like I have to quit Miiverse; hopefully my drawing is saved.

Yeah, no. I lost it. I spent 45 minutes on absolutely nothing.

At this point I'm pretty frustrated, but I think "maybe it's because I put it in sleep mode while I was drawing." So I decide to draw another one.

This one is also pretty cool. Took about half an hour. Go to post:

Communication error.

Ok, seriously? I try a couple more times and it BOOTS ME BACK TO THE MIIVERSE HOME PAGE. NO PROMPT OR ANYTHING, IT JUST MAKES ME LEAVE.

AND IT DIDN'T EVEN POST MY DRAWING.

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR SERVICE WHEN IT FLAT OUT REJECTS SOMETHING I SPENT A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME ON, NINTENDO.

I think I know why all the Miiverse posts are bad. If you spend more than 15 minutes on it, it just doesn't get accepted.

Go figure.
But Lavani's sig tho

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Sometimes I wonder if the people drawing the pictures did it blindfolded with their non-dominant hand.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Wow. The ryu boards make me cringe so hard.

dumb bic said:
I love how Sakurai says he doesn't think his game is competitive at all and then releases a character where you benefit from insane button inputs and precise timing with attacks.
Hado is so difficult. Cri.

Top Bottom