• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
omfg I had this weird dream where my sister and I were having an argument

and then she shoved a wooden spoon down my throat

then when my mum woke me up to go fabric shopping

I woke up having a massive coughing fit
And now your mom is complaining about her wooden spoon being gone.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
omfg I had this weird dream where my sister and I were having an argument

and then she shoved a wooden spoon down my throat

then when my mum woke me up to go fabric shopping

I woke up having a massive coughing fit
That sounds ****ing metal as **** gurl

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
ugh... Sometimes I feel like I should just quit playing wi-fi because the lag kills me every time, but then I remember that if I did that, I'd be basically quitting playing the game entirely. :/ Which would be better, just practicing against CPUs at the risk of learning bad habits, or playing actual people, but with several frames of online lag?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
ugh... Sometimes I feel like I should just quit playing wi-fi because the lag kills me every time, but then I remember that if I did that, I'd be basically quitting playing the game entirely. :/ Which would be better, just practicing against CPUs at the risk of learning bad habits, or playing actual people, but with several frames of online lag?
Probably real people, because you can practice reads and stuff

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I've found that wifi also creates bad habits. Things that are unsafe are more safe on wifi. I had very little real life practice with my Ike and when I went to a tourney my unsafe habits caught up to me.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
playing with friends because that's where the fun is at

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why is Mario Circuit (MK8) illegal? It looks fine compared to Halberd and Delfino.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Probably real people, because you can practice reads and stuff
What about the lag, though? Sometimes it's so bad that I can press the button, and lift my thumb off it, before the move's animation even begins. How do you practice anything in that?

playing with friends because that's where the fun is at
The problem there is, none of my friends even know what Smash is, let alone play it with me. Most of them rarely ever play video games at all, outside the (apparently) obligatory annual CoD or FIFA.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ I'm stuck with wifi too but sometimes it seems more trouble than it is fun.

@ mario kart stage, Also when the platform scrolls the track can launch characters.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
What about the lag, though? Sometimes it's so bad that I can press the button, and lift my thumb off it, before the move's animation even begins. How do you practice anything in that?

The problem there is, none of my friends even know what Smash is, let alone play it with me. Most of them rarely ever play video games at all, outside the (apparently) obligatory annual CoD or FIFA.
Get better friends.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cars

Removal of blast lines
That's it? Cars which you can avoid more easily than on F-Zero's stages and Mario Kart (Brawl)'s stage since there's a platform isolated from them. That's also the only walk-off I think. There isn't a random hazard trying to murder you like on Halberd or the high ceiling during transition? or water allowing for "easy" spikes like on Delfino. Oh well. It looks fine and the blast line removals could lead to stupid tech plays and stages spikes.

^@ mario kart stage, Also when the platform scrolls the track can launch characters.
Is it because of the track or because of the random Shy Guys racing? I don't own a Wii U and since Keitaro loves taking people to random stages, seeing the Mario Circuit (MK8) stage and that it looks more tame compared to Halberd makes me wonder why Mario Circuit (MK8) is illegal.

Spirst

Ah, 2004Zilla. Was just about to tag you.

Found this really interesting paleontological video about Dinosaurs. I figured it'd interest you. It talks about the possibility of reverse engineering dinosaurs using various protein injections to trigger dormant genes.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
That's it? Cars which you can avoid more easily than on F-Zero's stages and Mario Kart (Brawl)'s stage since there's a platform isolated from them. That's also the only walk-off I think. There isn't a random hazard trying to murder you like on Halberd or the high ceiling during transition? or water allowing for "easy" spikes like on Delfino. Oh well. It looks fine and the blast line removals could lead to stupid tech plays and stages spikes.

Is it because of the track or because of the random Shy Guys racing? I don't own a Wii U and since Keitaro loves taking people to random stages, seeing the Mario Circuit (MK8) stage and that it looks more tame compared to Halberd makes me wonder why Mario Circuit (MK8) is illegal.
This is one of the reasons why Mario Circuit will never be legal (go to 3:25):

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

I think it's mainly the fact that one transformation removes the top blast line. So there's just this weird ceiling for a long time which makes the entire stage a cave of life for a while.

Also if you're over the top of the screen when that transition happens I think you die. Not sure if that was patched out.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
:p

I think "get a better country to live in" might be more accurate. The internet itself is a fairly recent innovation around here, let alone trying to play games on it.
Come live with me I need 2 months rent in advance see you tomorrow.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Right now

Found this really interesting paleontological video about Dinosaurs. I figured it'd interest you. It talks about the possibility of reverse engineering dinosaurs using various protein injections to trigger dormant genes.

Flula Borg?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend

The MK8 stage tours on a platform like Delfino around Mario circuit. When it flies by a sideways part of the track that will bounce (launch) characters to the opposite side with potential KO power. Sometimes it goes under an upside down part of the track and characters at the top are launched downward. The course the platform takes is random so anytime you're not standing on the platform you have a chance to be launched sideways or spiked by the stage.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Get a LAN adapter, manually punch in your IP info, configure MTU values, jack up your router speed, find a less noisy channel... There's plenty you can do even with the worst connections. In my experience, every little bit helps.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Get a LAN adapter, manually punch in your IP info, configure MTU values, jack up your router speed, find a less noisy channel... There's plenty you can do even with the worst connections. In my experience, every little bit helps.
I've already tried most of this (except the LAN adapter), but thanks anyway

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Interesting and very informative video. You should check check this out for more information on the chicken-a-saurus project.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
@r_greening1

Are you really gonna make this one mega card with all the sigs for Momma here?

I need to see it :p

And what about dadda Aero?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm late but
:4miigun:And :4miisword:are the most fun to play. And they have the best costumes.
I only play :4miibrawl: for the Cat costume

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If you want I can take over.
What miis do you want on it?
i tried working on it and uh for some reason the gif only goes to thirteen frameseven though theres more frames than that
Well if you're ok with it i would like the woman speaking being swordfighter the woman next to her being Gunner and the other woman being Brawler
Do you want to play after?
sure ac or Smash

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is one of the reasons why Mario Circuit will never be legal (go to 3:25):

Wasn't this patched out in 1.0.8? Someone mentioned it, but nothing really went forward. And seriously, if this hasn't been patched out, why? Really, developers? Quality control. Come on, this is basic product selling... thing... business...

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
i tried working on it and uh for some reason the gif only goes to thirteen frameseven though theres more frames than that
Well if you're ok with it i would like the woman speaking being swordfighter the woman next to her being Gunner and the other woman being Brawler

sure ac or Smash
13 frames is what I'm getting as well.
Probably because its running at 10 fps or something.

And do you mean the default miis?

Top Bottom