• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Was I really the only person who knew Marth was a guy from the moment I first saw him?

Everytime people talked about how they thought he was a girl I was like "eh?"

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I would!!
Well if it makes you feel better, I'll be writing up some REALLY STUPID AND SILLY Zelda social fanfics after my final exams, so definitely post your stories because they will be better than what I'll be writing, 100% guarantees.:secretkpop:
Yay. :)

Here's the prologue:

Morrison Formation, Utah, 150 Million Years Ago,

The sun beat down on the Late Jurassic landscape. Today, the temperature was nearing the 100’s. Cold-blooded animals, such as the various lizards and snakes were forced to seek shelter from the heat, or else they’d die from overheating.

But not the dinosaurs.

These magnificent reptiles were all warm-blooded, able to regulate their body temperature on their own. Thanks to this feature, they were given the privilege of becoming active during the day.

Small rat-like mammals scrambled to avoid being trampled by a huge Stegosaurus. Bright stripes of green running along the creature’s back indicted it was male. Weighing in at 2.5 tons, this Stegosaurus was only a juvenile; not fully grown yet. Slowly, but surely, he made his way across the landscape, stopping periodically to forage. Being the dry season, food was in scarcity. The Stegosaurus gulped down every cycad he could find, and, in the process, dropped several crushed remains on the ground. Small two-legged dinosaurs called Othnelia darted out from the shade of the bushes to feed on the leftovers. The Stegosaurus hardly noticed them and continued his meal.

Several yards away from the behind of the Stegosaurus stood another dinosaur.

It was a predator.

Standing there was a fully-grown female Allosaurus fragilis. She was nearly 9 meters long, a size which was unrivaled by most other predators in her area. Her skin was a mixture of yellow and dark green, creating a “combat-camouflage” pattern that effectively helped her blend in with her surroundings. The crest that lay above her eyes flashed bright red, a sign of her maturity. Lodged in her right calf was a Stegosaurus tail spike, which broke off in an unsuccessful attack.

The Allosaurus took a few steps forward, prompting the alert of the Stegosaurus. Turning behind him, the Stegosaurus began flashing his back plates, which turned blood-red. It was an intimidation tactic, and he had hoped it repel the Allosaurus.

She was unfazed.

Behind her were two male Allosaurus. Having the same color pattern as the female, the only indication that they were male were the slightly smaller size and the various battle scars that adorned their faces, a great many of them inflicted by other allosaurs during fights over mates.

The Stegosaurus was in full alarm. The only predators he had fought before were the smaller ceratosaurs, which, while armed with deadly jaws, tended to be more cowardly and retreated often. Now, he was presented with a challenge he never had practice with.

The female Allosaurus took another glance at the Stegosaurus, then continued on her way. The two males followed her, completely ignoring the Stegosaurus. Relieved, he went back into feeding. The Othnelia, which had been hiding at the sight of the three carnivores, came back to eat the scraps.

They were after bigger game.

The three allosaurs made their travel across the desert-forest, spooking a baby Ceratosaurus that had been practicing its hunting skills on a dragonfly. He, like the Stegosaurus, was ignored. Finally, they made it to out of the forest. Waiting for them were two more Allosaurus napping in the shade of a bent tree. The female’s footsteps woke them up. Allosaurus packs were fiercely territorial, but the female need not to worry. They were members of the pack. The bigger of the two napping allosaurs gave a welcoming call to the female and the two males. She responded back with a call of her own. Quickly, the two rose to their feet.

In front of them was a dried-up lake which stretched for miles. In the distance lay a herd of traveling sauropods, specifically Apatosaurus. The big animals were in need of a source of water, migrating from waterhole to waterhole.

The Allosaurus pack began the trek along the dried-up lake.

The hunt was beginning.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Was I really the only person who knew Marth was a guy from the moment I first saw him?

No you're not. That said, I've always watched anime since I was young.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Poor Stego, he's got no Allosaurus MU experience smh.

Well, it's hard to judge based on such a short fragment, but it feels like I'm reading the script for a documentary, given that you drop a lot of descriptors that feel more like "did you know?" trivia. That's not bad, though! Unless you don't want it to read like a documentary. Then, well, uh, well it reads like one :p

Oh god.....
Remember, DDD is the husbando with the biggest feet ;D

Page 89 never forget.
Well if it makes you feel better, I'll be writing up some REALLY STUPID AND SILLY Zelda social fanfics after my final exams, so definitely post your stories because they will be better than what I'll be writing, 100% guarantees.:secretkpop:
I really can't wait :'D

D

Deleted member

This is just a little thing, but It's gonna be really satisfying using Mewtwo's bair now. In the trailer, it makes a whipping noise. Whipping your opponent with a tail should be fun ^o^ It'll be just like Peach's dtilt.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm fully expecting uthrow to be nerfed.

It shouldn't be, but I expect it to be.

His tail shouldn't have hurtboxes tied to it now though which is cool, but I bet his tail-related attacks like bair and ftilt are going to have an assload of lag tacked on too.

Sakurai will keep Mewtwo from being good, just you watch.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
As posted before, if Zelda and Dedede were actually a couple, the relationship would look something like this. :^)

Other :4zelda:ships:

:4littlemac:Awful because Zelda's like twice as tall as him. Personalities don't blend that well either.
:4robinm:pls no
:4greninja:SerenaXGreninja though
:4myfriends:Okay, but if anything, I prefer her with Marf
:4ganondorf:Decent, it's 5 BILLION TIMES better than:4mario:or:4sonic:
:4lucina:no
:4palutena:Doesn't exist fanart wise but may work out better than Zelda and :4zss:
:4shulk:Not really feeling it

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Poor Stego, he's got no Allosaurus MU experience smh.

Well, it's hard to judge based on such a short fragment, but it feels like I'm reading the script for a documentary, given that you drop a lot of descriptors that feel more like "did you know?" trivia. That's not bad, though! Unless you don't want it to read like a documentary. Then, well, uh, well it reads like one :p
Yeah, my main influence was when writing was the Walking With Dinosaurs series (my original plan was to make a "novelization" of the Big Al episode) so the whole documentary feel is intended.

I'm also hoping to develop personality in the main dinosaurs, like Bakker's book Raptor Red, albeit not as personified as his novel.

Rizen

Smash Legend

The anime style facial structure emphasizes eyes and mouth while making the chin and nose less or non apparent, which mimics stereotypical feminine beauty. Marth's body, especially in Melee where I first saw him, doesn't seem suggesting of one gender over the other. He's tall and thin, without expressive hips or breasts that go with women's proportions or broad shoulders and muscles that go with men's frames. Frankly the tiara and bangs pushed him closer to the female appearance for me. Dolphin slash doesn't sound manly either.
*shrug

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah, my main influence was when writing was the Walking With Dinosaurs series (my original plan was to make a "novelization" of the Big Al episode) so the whole documentary feel is intended.

I'm also hoping to develop personality in the main dinosaurs, like Bakker's book Raptor Red, albeit not as personified as his novel.
I've never read that! It sounds interesting but I'm the tiniest bit skeptical. I guess I'd have to read it to understand how that works~

Er... You know, I'm trying to control my excitement for the patch but I think we all know.... that Sakurai could **** up his attempt to balance Diddy (and Sheik), right?

But everything's gonna be alright?

Right? Guys? 'o_o

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Er... You know, I'm trying to control my excitement for the patch but I think we all know.... that Sakurai could **** up his attempt to balance Diddy (and Sheik), right?

Right? Guys? 'o_o
First of all, we can only assume he's just going to end up balancing the game like the last balance patch.

You shouldn't worry about it....

It will all be over soon for better or worse....

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Right? Guys? 'o_o
pls we all know Diddy's just going to get some random-ass nerfs to uair/dthrow that end up making them combo more easily and leave the rest of his dumb crap untouched

I don't even know what the hell they'd do to nerf Sheik while keeping her the speedy character she is; take away the kill power on Vanish/BF/bair and you've still got an obnoxious needle camping sack of **** that will piss you off for six minutes without ever killing you.

Question:

do people here get upset at those who deliberately SD?
If you mean to end a match, I just assume it means they're done and go on to find someone else.

If you mean if they SD after I accidentally SD...that's an act of good faith I've never seen once in 3000 matches.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Well I always SD on another SD unless it's my last stock.

And, that's what I usually view SDs as. Apparently people get offended if you SD on them. If I get put against someone who is just running away from me all game, I will SD and leave the room in a heartbeat, because the win rate is meaningless to me.

pls we all know Diddy's just going to get some random-*** nerfs to uair/dthrow that end up making them combo more easily and leave the rest of his dumb crap untouched
This is exactly what I fear. Lol
I don't even know what the hell they'd do to nerf Sheik while keeping her the speedy character she is; take away the kill power on Vanish/BF/bair and you've still got an obnoxious needle camping sack of **** that will piss you off for six minutes without ever killing you.
Nerf needle spamability? Idk how they can nerf Sheik properly

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I've never read that! It sounds interesting but I'm the tiniest bit skeptical. I guess I'd have to read it to understand how that works~
Raptor Red is basically the only famous piece of dinosaur fiction that takes place during the Mesozoic.

It was written just after the Dinosaur Renaissance changed the public view on dinosaurs. Bakker was one of the lead advocates in the theory that dinosaur were warm-blooded, and he brings all of his ideas into his book to create an extremely unique view on the prehistoric world. I say it's a good read because not only is it so unique and creative, you don't actually have to know a lot about dinosaurs to understand the story.

Edit: Also this happens in the book.

Yea, those are raptors snow-sliding.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The more Needles she has, the less range the Needles go, maybe?

Or make the needles not transcendant, and if you block/deflect the first needle in the line, it collides with the other needles and neutralizes them, basically like Gordo, idk.

Also make Vanish unsafe for at least a single frame for gods sake. Invincibility on startup, two hitboxes, and a windbox at the end, wtf

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also make Vanish unsafe for at least a single frame for gods sake. Invincibility on startup, two hitboxes, and a windbox at the end, wtf
Not to mention it "autocancels" if she lands before helpless starts. :GCUL::GCUR: Vanish from the ground is able to act instantly on landing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Not to mention it "autocancels" if she lands before helpless starts. :GCUL::GCUR: Vanish from the ground is able to act instantly on landing.
K, look, Namco, I know one of your devs really likes Sheik, I mean reaaaaaally likes her, and that's why she's the way she is in Sm4sh, but you could have slapped some sense into the guy at some point. =U

I'm waiting for the moment where the Sheik in a set gets the stock lead and just Vanishes for the rest of the set and times out and wins because good luck stopping it.

Last edited:
K, look, Namco, I know one of your devs really likes Sheik, I mean reaaaaaally likes her, and that's why she's the way she is in Sm4sh, but you could have slapped some sense into the guy at some point. =U
It make sense now

Zelda was left as WIP since they moved on so quickly and focused on Sheik

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Was gonna suggest that @ Soul. Soul. use the 3ds as a controller but then I remembered that doesn't work when you play online.

Also, I can't believe I missed the 1,000th post celebration. I have failed you all.

Toon Link x Tetra best ship.

Or Hilda x Zelda might be the best ship. It's perfect. Hilda's constantly depressed and unhappy over the state of their kingdom. Zelda never looks happy and has to deal with being low tier for three games in a row for over 15 years. They're perfect for each other.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I wonder how much more lag on needles + increased BKB on fair would affect Sheik

Not being able to needle camp and not having strings off fair seem like they'd both hurt the character substantially.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
BJN39 said:
Something about making a prequel to my Captain Falcon-Zelda fanfiction (sorry, couldn't find the exact quote!)
Oh, it's a-coming.

*Starts breathing heavily*

And it's all going to be written by me entirely.

I wonder how much more lag on needles + increased BKB on fair would affect Sheik

Not being able to needle camp and not having strings off fair seem like they'd both hurt the character substantially.
You can potentially break Sheik with that. Damn, forget what I said about Sonic being hard to balance. Sheik's even harder to balance

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sonic I'd just remove bthrow's kill power and tone down the damage on most of his other moves. There isn't really any stopping the character from having an annoying playstyle, but I think he'd be fair enough if it was simply less rewarding.

Top Bottom