• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
The first time I saw Zelda was in Ocarina of Time. I remember meeting her in Hyrule Castle and how realistic she was written. At the time, the only other characters I knew were from RPGs or platformers. So seeing a princess presented with fully animated emotions was a new thing. Zelda was everything from cheerful, to regal and responsible, she was the embodiment of the word princess. I was so happy to see that her new design Incorporated her characterization into her animation. Also, I've been begging for blonde Zelda to make a return for years now.

Rip angry Zelda, hello bubbly bluestripes!
Any of yew gorls play Overwatch on PC? I could use some gorls to play with since non-gorls are boring af to talk to.

gorl pls, if it ain't extra or dramatic or sparkly, it ain't Zelda:4zelda::secretkpop::ultzelda:

whenever an old gorl comes back:

edit: btw welcome back we just need 40 more gorls to make a full gorl squad to invade other socials and make them better
I'm an overwatch sniper gorl. Lots of purple baugette sass. DM me if you want to play with someone who can actually hit stuff. It's easier than playing Zelda consistently that's for sure.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember the first time I saw Zelda. She was kind of always there. I was born in 1986, the same year the first Zelda game was released. I'm the youngest in my family, so my mom bought an NES for my siblings to play while I was still a baby. I grew up with the series.

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
I'm not very good at doing this, but I really wanted to see Zelda's full Twilight Princess palette in good quality, so I attempted to change some of the colors myself with photoshop. It's far from perfect, and there are some obviously poorly colored-in parts, but I just wanted to share!

reference:

This is probably the first time I've ever liked a palette swap more than the default costume. I'll definitely be using this one when the game comes out.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I don't think I've brought it up, but I'm super into the open toe heels... so stylish, so impractical.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't think I've brought it up, but I'm super into the open toe heels... so stylish, so impractical.
Au contraire, by exposing more skin on her feet it allows her lightning kicks to be 20% more effective thanks to the unrestricted magic flow.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Falco is so conceited... gotta put himself on the helm of his ship.

Attachments

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco is so conceited... gotta put himself on the helm of his ship.
Hey man, whatever gets him killed faster and replaced by superior character choices like Decidueye, Revali, Teba, Naesala, Vika, and Twili Midna.

Now that I think about it, Twili Midna as a clone an echo fighter of Zelda could work. Watch it happen and she automatically becomes bottom tier as a result. This is weird, but I think Tharja being an echo fighter of Zelda would make more sense than her being an echo fighter of Robin which a thread in the Robin boards or something talked about. Tharja doesn't use and can't use swords as her default, dark mage self.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Ye look that isn't how phantom or shields work

If it hits phantom its going to hit you since you're probably in front of it

You wanna run that by me again?

I’m saying if Zelda gets hit, it will hit her shield but depending on where she is, it can hit past her and hit the Phantom, too, which will also block the attack. Two blocks in a row, a double block.

“Ye that’s not how shields work”

Like you’re taking me aside and telling me “Mister I think you’re in the wrong store”

Thank you sweetie but actually I think you’ve got the wrong job, good gorl, cause someone missed a signature or something to let that happen

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I dont see how thats relevant at all tbh

Go **** over zelda f1 usmash in melee more (its frame 5 btw)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
In other news, our gorls Phantom Slash can be cancelled by platforms!
I think this will be extremely useful on tri plats. Setting a Phantom on a platform covers both platforms, and the short hop space in between them. That's actually quite a bit of control and it fits with the new Phantom's moveset direction.

She can also probably jump offstage and set it next to the ledge (which would be directly behind her) too. From there Zelda can cover low recoveries (as she'll still have her jump) and the Phantom can cover mid recoveries. Or they'll airdodge the Phantom and be in a really bad spot.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I mean if you haven’t been playing competitively as long as I have I’m sure you wouldn’t understand at all, or the fact I’m further along in life than you are, obviously. Unless you’re a 27 year old troll, which is just as funny xD) so either we’ve got a classic case of the preteen jitters, the rebellious adolescent who deals with his internal turmoil of whatever he’s been through by projecting(bad childhood, bullies at school, can’t make friends, etc) or the adult who’s backed into a corner and can’t deal with the way his life has unfolded (no relationship, unattractive, can’t hold a job, student loans, etc)
You really (and I mean REALLY) gotta stop dismissing disagreement (antagonistic or not) with personal attacks. Last post it was because we all just hated melee and didn't care about any other perspective cos we're those classic uncompetitive Sm4sh fans (gotta bring up those tourney results). Now it's cos we're [insert literally EVERY negative stereotype about youth cos you gotta get that misplaced frustration out somehow].

If you feel like you are being antagonised here enough to claim you wanted to leave then do it or stop antagonising back and being part of your own problem. If you want to talk about not feeling welcome then consider that anything social is an inherently two way street.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I mean if you haven’t been playing competitively as long as I have I’m sure you wouldn’t understand at all, or the fact I’m further along in life than you are, obviously. Unless you’re a 27 year old troll, which is just as funny xD) so either we’ve got a classic case of the preteen jitters, the rebellious adolescent who deals with his internal turmoil of whatever he’s been through by projecting(bad childhood, bullies at school, can’t make friends, etc) or the adult who’s backed into a corner and can’t deal with the way his life has unfolded (no relationship, unattractive, can’t hold a job, student loans, etc)

I mean I’d love to hear what makes you tick. What causes you to desire to bring out the worst in other people. It’s because it’s comfortable for you.
u say that you're further along in life than he is but u literally did the shit u talk about two pages ago

Man, I apologize for any misunderstanding, but my tone, anyone’s tone - can’t be properly detected through text. However, you’re writing me off to sound mean when I’m passionate about the game, that’s it. Now my post I put effort into sincerely, you’ve snubbed.

My pants still come off at night like everybody else’s. I don’t believe I’m superior or anything, here.

Not only that, but now you’ve actually hurt my feelings on a public level. I took several speech and theater classes when I was a kid, and grew up in a school where I was the only gay kid. No one wanted to talk to me. So I only learned to communicate through acting and “faked it until I made it”. I work in sales and customer service now, and I do pretty well for myself at this point, because I can be fake and kiss ***. So my life is pretty fabricated as it is, but I sincerely do not appreciate you feeling the need to call out my shortcomings, which are effects from the way my life turned out. Just some psychoanalysis for ya. Because here, I have always been myself. I am allowed to let someone know how I feel, especially when we have previous report. What if he was my best friend, that I talk to often enough to where I can say “dude. No. “ and it’s just as lighthearted as me saying LOL guys let’s not worrryomg. Think about it this way”
Can I not be frustrated that I feel alone in this matter?

So as much as I change myself for work, literally become 2 faced, means I at the very least know now as a 26 year old how to present myself on the internet, let alone to people I’ll be talking to for years to come.

PM me if you have anything else that personal to say. Because now, it’s you who looks rude. And you’ve got nothing to contribute to the actual conversation at hand, man. That’s all any of us care about.

Now I get to go into work and start my day off right. Lol instead of making some breakfast I decided to reply to you instead. So that was dumb on my part.

then after being yelled at a mod nd saying you were just gonna lurk or something...u did it again...on the same page...multiple times

wtf??

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
u say that you're further along in life than he is but u literally did the shit u talk about two pages ago

then after being yelled at a mod nd saying you were just gonna lurk or something...u did it again...on the same page...multiple times

wtf??
Last time I checked censor dodging was more of a felony than defending yourself was. Point is, since day 1 I’ve been met adversity, before I even muttered anything even slightly rude.

I get my buttons pushed for WEEKS now. and here we are, I’m bubbling over and Im being counseled on what to do. I work in customer service because I’m an LHMC as well. As shocking as that may be. And I can sincerely say I didn’t come out of a BOX this way, and I didn’t walk back into the Zelda boards, to be met with adversity.
I don’t pay $15 a year to get alone to upset people, let alone have them upset me. Im here to talk friggin frame data. I went to school to understand what makes people tick. And it turns out I do. That’s why I enjoy Zelda in Melee. Me Picking Zelda Get their confidence up, and then I’ll overwhelm them with a defensive reactive style and reads, going to Sheik when necessary.

So go ahead and call me out on WHATEVER, since I’m the easy target. Get it all out, now. I only reply to any **** head in here bc it’s no different than the kids at school who used to shove me in lockers. Because they had aggression in whatever form. So I’m seeing that now out of others here, and I’m not 17 anymore. I didn’t have a voice back then and now I do. If I had the slightest indication any of this was in good fun and spirits, I wouldn’t be so hellbent on putting someone in their place.

But that’s all manifested since I stepped foot into here. So I try to appeal to everyone’s ethos, and mention that I’ll just stop posting. Hopefully target the emotionally relatable side of the ones who have bothered me. Does that help? Nah. So that’s why I, trying to figure out the age range here. Because maybe I’m too old to just “deal” with “jokes” and “taunts”.

Last edited:

TheFacelessOne

Smash Cadet
I mean it looks like if Zelda gets hit, it will hit her shield but depending on where she is, it can hit past her and hit the Phantom, too, which will also block the attack. Two blocks in a row, a double block.
I fixed it for you.
You're taking this wayyy too personally. Seriously, all kuro really said is that it's not how shields work and you take it as a personal attack, sending insults his way and trying to provoke him. I leave here to look at skullgirls for barley a week and your pulling this **** again?

I am at my wits end so I'm only going to say this once. Phantom I don't hate you, but you have repeatedly time and time again proven yourself to be toxic. You feel your insight has no merit (it does) but you have drowned out what little they have with petty comments and insults.
You guys completely ignore everything I relate to Melee anyway.

Then I go into detailed explainations to try to explain myself.

But after everything I say, I'm not met with any understanding or even "wow, never thought of that"

And then I get literally humiliated by someone thinking they have the call to correct how I speak. I don't feel welcome here at all.

It's like no one even reads what I have to say, or the heartfelt and dedication I put in to finding things.

Now you can rejoice in my absence.
then imply that I've pretty much done this to myself. Sheesh.
THESE. These underlined right here, tell me you don't get it. The posts I took these from scream of guilt tripping. There is no apology to be found, only excuses. If you still insist on believing you have done nothing wrong let me tell you the posts confronting you last time were being easy. had so many people not responded, I would have posted dissecting your comments line by line to point out where your words came off as arrogant and insulting. I thought it was going to be too much, but you still continue anyways. I can still do that now, but it's probably better to shut out the toxicity and block you like kuro has.

That so many people are commenting now calling you out should not be an indicator that your actions are inappropriate is beyond me. You're not being ignored, your being told to be nicer about how you argue with people. People are not humiliating you, your responses have humiliated yourself. We CANNOT praise your comments NOT because we don't care what you have to say. It is because what you say comes off so arrogant, defensive, and insulting that no one wants to encourage that.

You can continue to post on the boards all you like. I'm sure everyone would like it more if you shaped up and became a positive part of this community. As for me, I did like you when you first posted here, but after seeing what you have done here I gotta say you have lost my respect. You could have earned it back if I had just seen you admit to your mistakes. Now it's gone and you may never earn it back.

This is smashboards not dramaboards. Get a grip.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Well, I think it's time we got back to our regularly scheduled gushing about Hyrule's princess.

And how bad she is on all tier lists.

TheFacelessOne

Smash Cadet
I'm not very good at doing this, but I really wanted to see Zelda's full Twilight Princess palette in good quality, so I attempted to change some of the colors myself with photoshop. It's far from perfect, and there are some obviously poorly colored-in parts, but I just wanted to share!

reference:

This is probably the first time I've ever liked a palette swap more than the default costume. I'll definitely be using this one when the game comes out.
Sure.
I wanted to say it in my last post too but I love your work here man. Zelda looks so cuuute here and I'm hard-pressed to find any flaws in your coloring (if there are) :)

Last edited:

TheFacelessOne

Smash Cadet
Katy Parry Katy Parry ...did you really just go back and clear out your last two posts
Yea... guess so. He inboxed me to talk it out. Apologized to. I'm guessing my comments hit home.

That said smashboards bugged out when I posted and cleared out my main points for some reason. Had to edit my main stuff back in.

Anyone have this happen? I want to avoid getting trouble from the mods for posting twice in a row.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

reference:

Sure.
I wanted to say it in my last post too but I love your work here man. Zelda looks so cuuute here and I'm hard-pressed to find any flaws in your coloring (if there are) :)
Agreed excellent work and I probably will main it too, although if there is a green/auburn version like last time I might be drawn to that...or a good redheaded one...

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's cracking Squigly fans? :nifty::ultzelda::nifty:

So I've had a thought of what Celica's moveset would be if she makes it into BBTAG. But I'm not so sure if this would work or not. Oh well. :V

And I've thought of unique dialog for Kokopuffs as well, which I'll post another time. :secretkpop:

Input | Move 4A |
5AAA |
5BBBB |
5C |
2A |
2B |
2C |
DP/A+D |
jA |
jB |
jC |

Input | Move j214A/B/C |
214A/B/C |
236A/B/C |
4P |
5P |
6P |

Input | Move 236BC |
214BC |
222BC |

All images are from Dustloop, so shout out goes to them. :yeahboi:

Maybe I should've done this with Kokonoe's. Oh well, maybe I'll copy-paste it into another post later and add the images. :V

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well....

OKAY WHY DID YOU ALL WAIT TILL I WAS ASLEEP THAT IS SO SHADY.

I’m not really sure what to say having read everything outside of that since I know everyone deep down knows internet arguments are not worth it and I’m glad you all moved toward resolution or canceling of the heating up.

Last edited:

TheFacelessOne

Smash Cadet
Well....

OKAY WHY DID YOU ALL WAIT TILL I WAS ASLEEP THAT IS SO SHADY.

I’m not really sure what to say having read everything outside of that since I know everyone deep down knows internet arguments are not worth it and I’m glad you all moved toward resolution or canceling of the heating up.

Lol yea sorry about that. I know I was set off but hopefully that is the last time this happens.

Lost sleep but I'm off to work. By yall.

Also it's my birthday tommorow ^_^

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If Zelda really does end up as unviable as she’s been in the last 3 games,

We really don’t need two of that

But no really with her track record I think it would just hurt for them to take a char who is constantly ignored by Sakurai as far as development goes and then have two of that. I am very partial to purple, though, which Hilda has a lot of...

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Personally hoping for Impa over Sheik first but I do like Hilda’s design. As you said, lots of purple :)

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Hilda being an echo might actually accentuate Zelda's problems by giving more data as more people would main Zelda's style. I almost think that without Lucina, Marth wouldn't have been buffed to his current state in 4.

More eyes on the issue couldn't hurt our chances.

I just want to be one tier higher this time...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm guessing this was talked about already, but the one thing I don't like about new Zelda compared to in the other games, especially Brawl and Smash 4, is her alts. All of new Zelda's alts except for her Zelderly one mainly change the outer part of her dress. I have no idea what it's called, it's not an apron, and I don't think it's a surcoat. Anyway, her inner dress only changes slightly in Ultimate. Compare this to her red and blue alts in Brawl/Smash 4 or each of her alts in Melee where the color changes were more noticeable. For example, Melee's green alt had her inner dress and gloves become light green while in Ultimate, the rings around her sleeves become green and her inner dress is like slightly tinted green.

The thing with Zelda is that most of her dresses in the Zelda games are just white inner dress and pink outer dress or white and some other color like blue in her casual dress in A Link to the Past. This means her alts do reference the previous games like the self-explanatory TP alt, the blue alt probably being the casual dress from ALttP reference, and the purple alt referencing OoT, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks which is kind of similar to her usual appearance, so it's not that different in my opinion, but I digress. That said, there were times where her dress was more of a solid color like her sprites in the first game, her pink dress for the official art of the first game and Skyward Sword, her blue outfits in Breath of the Wild, and her white dress in SS and BotW. If they acknowledged them, then the CD-i games also have her wearing blue and purple. In the case of Skyward Sword which has her wearing the white sailcloth in the beginning of the game, they could have done something like dark pink dress and white shoulder pads. Actually, none of her alts in Ultimate even change her armor. They're all gold where silver or grey armor for her Zelderly alt might have worked well.

I wonder what the green, Link alt for Zelda would look like with a brown or tan inner dress. Zelda's green alts always had white or light green inner dresses similar to OoT Link's white tights, but the other Links have worn brown and tan pants. It might give it a more forest-y feel for Zelda.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Hilda being an echo might actually accentuate Zelda's problems by giving more data as more people would main Zelda's style. I almost think that without Lucina, Marth wouldn't have been buffed to his current state in 4.

More eyes on the issue couldn't hurt our chances.

I just want to be one tier higher this time...
:ultsheik:

You know it's for the best

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Back in the Brawl days I mained Red Zelda since that costume had no gloves for some reason. I thought it made it more unique. They nerfed Red in Smash 4 but I still main it just because I'm used to it at this point

Last edited:
Top Bottom