• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I like how she actually has an idle stance befitting of a magician instead of just... being there.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
zz.png

Looks like she has SS, TP, OoT, Hilda, and a red, blue, green alt.

ALSO SOMEONE CONFIRMED NO FREE FALLING SIDE B IS THIS REAL

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
If no free fall on Din's Fire and we have a Phantom capable of setting up landing traps then I consider her decently buffed. The phantom alone is a great change. Hopefully it can be shield cancelled or stored in some form.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Zelda no longer free falls after aerial Din’s!!!

Source: smashbros reddit

On mobile and can’t paste.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Blue and Hilda palettes are my favorite.
Red also looks nice.

No more free-fall on Din's Fire.

Keep the buffs coming.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I still can't believe they went with Zelda's A Link to the Past/A Link Between Worlds design. That's my most favourite design of Zelda in the entire franchise and It's apparently a favourite of Sakurai's too.

Thank you so much Masahiro Sakurai!

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I for one welcome my new Zelda waifu overlord.

I think she's going to take over my life.

How can you resist?

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Her 'Hilda' costume doesn't actually have the same colours as Hilda. Are we gonna get Hilda as an echo character???

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I for one welcome my new Zelda waifu overlord.

I think she's going to take over my life.

How can you resist?
Well, I'll be joining on the same stance as you now. She's irresistible!

I think it's such a fresh breath of air to other Zeldas who kind of felt a lot ways serious, brooding or rather brash. This one's such a big bowl of sunshine it's making me want to adopt her!

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
*INCOHERENT SCREAMS OF HAPPINESS*

OH MY GOD SHE'S GORGEOUS!!

*ahem* Sorry I'll compose myself ^^;

Wow, I was not expecting ALBW for her design. I was so sure it would be BOTW, but I never knew how much I wanted this look for Zelda until I saw it today.
And reading the changes to her makes me so happy! AAAAAH MY MAIN IS BETTER THAN EVER!!!

*goes back to happily flailing about*

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Zelda is CYOOT.

Compared to her ALBW design, she looks a bit more detailed and aged up 2 or 3 years (or maybe she's just taller)

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
- Drifing with Farore's Wind
- No free fall from Din's Fire + air dodging is insanely punishable this time so Din's Fire landing traps will be even better
- You can move during Phantom Slash
- Completely new character design
- Invitational tournament forced people to use 3 different characters and she still didn't get picked.
Can't win them all I guess :happysheep:

D

Deleted member

It'll make it feel even better if she's actually decent upon release. Keep fighting the good fight.

Aquatos

Smash Rookie
Getting back into Smash partially because of this character. Loved playing her in Melee and I'm beyond excited to see the new information roll out over the coming hours.

Rebby

Smash Rookie
Her air speed & ground speed look significantly faster in what footage I've seen, but a lot of the game has little just sped up so I'm not sure how to take that.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I seriously hope this will be the game that Zelda will finally be decent after being at the bottom for three games. She deserves these buffs more than any character!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
she didnt get picked because shes bad again lol
Don't rain on these girls' parade just yet Aero, let them fly high with their dreams so that their fall will be harder and more soul crushing.

Wow, the new look for SWF is awful. It's been so long since I've been here...

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok hi I haven't been on here in like a year and I was SO ready to talk bad about Zelda again and post a :secretkpop: or two but ZELDA ACTUALLY LOOKS SOOO CUTE AND NO FREE FALL ON DIN'S FIRE HELLO ????¿¿¿¿

This is fantastic I love how expressive and happy she is unlike TP Zelda, she just ~feels~ more like Zelda

zelda smash u.png

Like aaaawwwww

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think LBW is a great look for her, definitely didn't expect it.

Hilda alt when THO

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So we got completely sidewinded. Her moves are all updated, new animations. Jab is faster. Dash is much faster. Dins is faster.
oh my GOD I did not see this coming. I'm very happy with it though, Link Between Worlds is a fantastic Zelda design.

I did exactly the same thing. I was like "pick Zelda, pick Zelda, she's right there and brand new, pick her" and they did but did nothing but dash attack the entire game. The Goddess Spells are clearly back, though they didn't show off down B, and I saw bair lightning kick but they didn't do fair.
i was cussing bill trinnen out. I was screaming for that fellow queer to pick our queen

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
It's been a long time since I did one of these... Right before the release of smash 4 in fact. I was bored and had nothing better to do though! The other skins will be coming soon enough now that the first one is done it's all a matter of changing the layer hues and such. Coloring around the bottom of the dress took forever.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I adore this design change, I really love what they did with the Zelda cast, Zelda and Ganondorf especially. Absolutely beautiful.I was pretty tired of TP Zelda and it's great to have as a blonde again which I prefer. Does anyone have any height comparisons though? Is she shorter?

Luminario

Smash Lord
NO FREE FALL ON DIN'S FIRE HELLO ????¿¿¿¿
Hold up, no free fall? You don't just throw that out there about Din's Fire without a source. This is necessary breakthrough information here, I need to know if it's legit. I know Sheik's grenade no longer has free fall but if Sakurai graced our queen with the same buff I will ascend to the heavens

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
It's been a long time since I did one of these... Right before the release of smash 4 in fact. I was bored and had nothing better to do though! The other skins will be coming soon enough now that the first one is done it's all a matter of changing the layer hues and such. Coloring around the bottom of the dress took forever.

As long as I have purple to match my now fully mobile phantom knight, I’m good.
I cried. I remember picking Zelda when I was 9 at a Walmart demo. I remember pretending to be her. Lol she rooted my love of mages, a smart woman who can hold her own. She feels like she’s been fully realized as a character now. She has her own indentity.
I’m sure we will see BOTW costumes to match Link.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, we made it ladies!

I’ll definitely be back to play the kween and be ha data gorl

And I’m seeing so much good news, too; even things I wanted most like drifting out of FW made it

Not. To. Mention. No Freefall Din’s.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They're lying to you in an attempt to make people think Zelda will be meta at some point.

LYING.
NO TRUST ME GUYS, TELEPORT ELEVATOR IS A LEGITIMATE KILL OPTION AND NOT A STUPID GIMMICK THAT ONLY WORKS ONCE EVERY 2 YEARS.

Luminario

Smash Lord
They're lying to you in an attempt to make people think Zelda will be meta at some point.

LYING.
Misleading about Din's Fire, way to kick a girl while she's down.

It's good though, 3 people mentioned it on twitter including Nairo, so...

Took em long enough.

Edit: YOOOOOOO
THEY DID MY GIRL GOOD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom