• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters
Damn, I forgot to post my ideas here till the last second. I'm a dunce. Welp, time to copy and paste.

Well, going off the fact Link now is sporting his Breath of the Wild look, it's a forgone conclusion that Zelda will take her appearance from that game as well. This will also likely affect her moveset a bit, but I don't even want to begin thinking about what will replace what, so I'll present my changes under the impression that her attacks stay overall the same. So, with that in mind, here's some balance adjustments I'd do to boost her viability.

General

• Dashing speed has been further increased (1.3 → 1.36), as has her air speed (1.04 → 1.07), to help her miserable approach a bit more.
  • Midair jump height marginally increased (31.552761 → 32), placing it on par with Cloud and Villager’s midair jumps.

Ground Attacks

• Being the slowest jab in the game and not even providing much utility to make up for it, I chopped some frames off the start up (Frame 11 → 7). It’s animation was altered a bit, based off of Parasoul’s standing neutral in Skullgirls (but this is purely cosmetic)
  • Forward tilt’s body hitbox from Melee and Brawl (the one that sent opponents upwards) has been re-added, thus giving the move more utility and removing the small blind spot near her torso. It has more range too.
  • Dash attack’s sourspot has been removed, giving her a more consistent KOing option. It has more range too. Some more of her attacks posses more range, like her forward smash.
  • The range nerf to down smash has been reverted, and it’s leg is intangible again like in Brawl.
Air Attacks

• Neutral aerial has had it’s landing lag reduced (19 frames → 12)
  • Zelda’s Lighting Kicks both can auto-cancel in a short hop. This was done because she needed a very powerful pressure option. They both have slightly larger sweetspots, too.

Special moves

• Nayru’s Love has faster start up (Frame 13 → 10) and ending lag (FAF 60 → 56), and has more range now. It also has a slightly strengthened stall effect in midair.
  • Din’s Fire has had it’s unnecessary nerfs from Brawl reverted (but the consistent hit of the Brawl version has been strengthened to be as strong as the sweetspot in SSB4). Plus, it no longer leaves her helpless in midair. I am baffled as to how this feature has stayed in for 3 straight Smash games. Also, she sends out the projectile faster (the projectile also explodes faster)
  • Zelda can now move to the side as soon as Farore’s Wind ends, rather than a full second after. There is absolutely no reason why you should miss recoveries you clearly should have made because you couldn’t move to the side fast enough.
  • Phantom Slash's charge can now be stored.

So, basically, I undid a few nerfs from Melee and Brawl, and I tried to address her crippling flaws in other ways by boosting the options she has to play keep-away and overall make her a more consistent and effective precision defensive zoner, a bit like Parasoul from Skullgirls. Now, feel free to yell at me. I love destructive criticism.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Damn, I forgot to post my ideas here till the last second. I'm a dunce. Welp, time to copy and paste.

Well, going off the fact Link now is sporting his Breath of the Wild look, it's a forgone conclusion that Zelda will take her appearance from that game as well. This will also likely affect her moveset a bit, but I don't even want to begin thinking about what will replace what, so I'll present my changes under the impression that her attacks stay overall the same. So, with that in mind, here's some balance adjustments I'd do to boost her viability.

General

• Dashing speed has been further increased (1.3 → 1.36), as has her air speed (1.04 → 1.07), to help her miserable approach a bit more.
  • Midair jump height marginally increased (31.552761 → 32), placing it on par with Cloud and Villager’s midair jumps.

Ground Attacks

• Being the slowest jab in the game and not even providing much utility to make up for it, I chopped some frames off the start up (Frame 11 → 7). It’s animation was altered a bit, based off of Parasoul’s standing neutral in Skullgirls (but this is purely cosmetic)
  • Forward tilt’s body hitbox from Melee and Brawl (the one that sent opponents upwards) has been re-added, thus giving the move more utility and removing the small blind spot near her torso. It has more range too.
  • Dash attack’s sourspot has been removed, giving her a more consistent KOing option. It has more range too. Some more of her attacks posses more range, like her forward smash.
  • The range nerf to down smash has been reverted, and it’s leg is intangible again like in Brawl.
Air Attacks

• Zelda’s Lighting Kicks both can auto-cancel in a short hop. This was done because she needed a very powerful pressure option. They both have slightly larger sweetspots, too.

Special moves

• Nayru’s Love has faster start up (Frame 13 → 10) and ending lag (FAF 60 → 56), and has more range now. It also has a slightly strengthened stall effect in midair.
  • Din’s Fire has had it’s unnecessary nerfs from Brawl reverted (but the consistent hit of the Brawl version has been strengthened to be as strong as the sweetspot in SSB4). Plus, it no longer leaves her helpless in midair. I am baffled as to how this feature has stayed in for 3 straight Smash games. Also, she sends out the projectile faster (the projectile also explodes faster)
  • Zelda can now move to the side as soon as Farore’s Wind ends, rather than a full second after. There is absolutely no reason why you should miss recoveries you clearly should have made because you couldn’t move to the side fast enough.

So, basically, I undid a few nerfs from Melee and Brawl, and I tried to address her crippling flaws in other ways by boosting the options she has to play keep-away and overall make her a more consistent and effective precision defensive zoner, a bit like Parasoul from Skullgirls. Now, feel free to yell at me. I love destructive criticism.
I really don’t think they’ll keep her special moves, Or even some of her normal attacks. I expect an overhaul or at least many changes to draw from breath of the wild

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

General

Ground Attacks

Air Attacks

Special moves

I don't think anyone's going to yell at you, Zelda has had blatant weaknesses since inception and not once has she received straight upgrades between games. It's simply baffling that things like Dins free fall and Phantom not storing charge are what made it into the game in the first place.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Smash Rookie
I hope she has a similar moveset, but with some changes
Also some buffs like pls
I don’t want her to be like top tier broke or anything but mid tier would do it
I love her new down special. I really hope that stays

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I dunno, it feels like it's padded on just so that Zelda can have all the Champion abilities in one place.

I just can't see Mipha's Grace working as part of Zelda's moveset. The entire concept of the power is "saving you from a tragic mistake" and I really don't want a valuable special slot dedicated to that if Zelda keeps the same movement speed and a single Din's Fire-esque projectile. It could theoretically work as a counter I guess, but that's more Daruk's Protection territory unless it's a healing counter, and that strays a little too far into being an eternally unbalanced move. I know it's aesthetically pleasing to see all the Champion abilities together in a single character, but I think Mipha's just won't work out that way.
The champion abilities can really go out there. They ARE the new spells in the Zelda bandwagon. They are who the new generation of Zelda players will know and recognize. Not Din’s Fire. Urbosa’s Fury.

As anyone would agree, the abilities can be vastly different, as her Goddess spells are her interpretation of the magic from the Godddess. Link has his own interpretation. That’s kind of how I see it. Based on that, if Mipha’s Grace is in the game, it could be anything. It’s not gonna work for Link as a revival ability either. So I can see it being a counter, a super armor attack, a straight up slight heal she can do, similar to WFT.

Everyone one saying:

She’s gonna get a bow
She’s gonna get the power of sealing

There’s no evidence for this. In fact, there’s evidence of the exact opposite. I’ll admit the Phantom was a head scratcher for me, because it still doesn’t fit no matter how cool it is, to me. It easily made Zelda more of the “magic representation of the series” because she’s got moves from OOT and Spirit Tracks...but one of her specials to be her power that’s used only for sealing evil entities away just doesn’t make sense to me. Final Smash or Super Move? Absolutely. But her whole journey in BOTW is getting that power. Now in Smash she can spam it whenever?

That’s another question no one is asking. Which Zelda are we getting? Just Zelda, Zelda before Link died, or after Link died and she’s a baller?

I will say if one champion makes it in as a character, we can say goodbye to this idea, and Zelda will just be reskinned and barely changed. This has been the case in the last 3 games, so lets be realistic.

Luminario

Smash Lord
The champion abilities can really go out there. They ARE the new spells in the Zelda bandwagon. They are who the new generation of Zelda players will know and recognize. Not Din’s Fire. Urbosa’s Fury.

As anyone would agree, the abilities can be vastly different, as her Goddess spells are her interpretation of the magic from the Godddess. Link has his own interpretation. That’s kind of how I see it. Based on that, if Mipha’s Grace is in the game, it could be anything. It’s not gonna work for Link as a revival ability either. So I can see it being a counter, a super armor attack, a straight up slight heal she can do, similar to WFT.

Everyone one saying:

She’s gonna get a bow
She’s gonna get the power of sealing

There’s no evidence for this. In fact, there’s evidence of the exact opposite. I’ll admit the Phantom was a head scratcher for me, because it still doesn’t fit no matter how cool it is, to me. It easily made Zelda more of the “magic representation of the series” because she’s got moves from OOT and Spirit Tracks...but one of her specials to be her power that’s used only for sealing evil entities away just doesn’t make sense to me. Final Smash or Super Move? Absolutely. But her whole journey in BOTW is getting that power. Now in Smash she can spam it whenever?

That’s another question no one is asking. Which Zelda are we getting? Just Zelda, Zelda before Link died, or after Link died and she’s a baller?

I will say if one champion makes it in as a character, we can say goodbye to this idea, and Zelda will just be reskinned and barely changed. This has been the case in the last 3 games, so lets be realistic.
You do make very good points on the interpretation allowing the moves to be different. I'd have to see it in-game to make any sort of actual opinion on it, but I'm not overly fond of any way Mipha's Grace could potentially work. It just seems so... boring for a mage like Zelda to have an entire special just for healing or superarmour or a counter. Phantom Slash sucks but I like the offensive nature of it. Getting the champion abilities means we lose the long range teleport and potentially another offensive special along with it too.
I do get what you're saying about the Power of Sealing, but it does feel like the best canon ability of Zelda that can fit into her specials in a multitude of ways. She doesn't get much that can legitimately fit into her moveset.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Idea: A Zelda rework for BotW Zelda that uses her guardian research. Her down B is the same, but it's one of the guardians from the tests of strength instead. Her side b is completely changed to be her summoning a mini flying guardian drone thingy that does the lock on charge up laser they are known for. She'd be able to still move during its charge up for some mixups and traps.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
You do make very good points on the interpretation allowing the moves to be different. I'd have to see it in-game to make any sort of actual opinion on it, but I'm not overly fond of any way Mipha's Grace could potentially work. It just seems so... boring for a mage like Zelda to have an entire special just for healing or superarmour or a counter. Phantom Slash sucks but I like the offensive nature of it. Getting the champion abilities means we lose the long range teleport and potentially another offensive special along with it too.
I do get what you're saying about the Power of Sealing, but it does feel like the best canon ability of Zelda that can fit into her specials in a multitude of ways. She doesn't get much that can legitimately fit into her moveset.
Yeah after reading this, I can’t see them changing her main specials. Maybe her down special to reflect BOTW. some magic attack or something would be neat. Her slate would be neat. Maybe she has Stasis. I would ****ing lose it.

Can’t really see them changing her move set too much , it already fits the fighting in a dress style anyway. She just has to be in her dress, not that ugly explorer outfit. She’s still a princess and Nintendo wants to represent that side of her, I’d imagine.

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this, but Zelda can talk now.

Hopefully her taunts allow her to showcase some personality! She’s a smart girl in this game, so I can see her shouting Brillant! Or even boastful. “Was that your best?”

Or win her animations. She’ll chase around a frog for one *in* her explorer outfit. Or she has her slate and says “All according to plan.” Really mature vibe.

I’m so excited about her lines I could pee.

But she might just get a reused voice from smash 4. Which are assets from brawl.
Which are assists from Melee. If BOTW Link is truly updated, there’s no way she won’t be either.

Hype guys.

Idea: A Zelda rework for BotW Zelda that uses her guardian research. Her down B is the same, but it's one of the guardians from the tests of strength instead. Her side b is completely changed to be her summoning a mini flying guardian drone thingy that does the lock on charge up laser they are known for. She'd be able to still move during its charge up for some mixups and traps.
YOU WIN. I AM MIND BLOWN. THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE. I AM DROOLING AT THE THOUGHT OF THIS.

Last edited:

HairMythe

Smash Cadet
How about putting every champions in one move that would replace Phantom Slash, so we have both the champions and OoT's spells in one Zelda?
There's already some special moves with many different versions, such as Pac-man's items.

As Ethanrodgers pointed out, the champions' spells in smash could be different to their BoTW version. So if we fuse them together in one move, we actually have a lot of options.
- Staying true to the source and have four very different moves, representing somewhat accurately what they are in the original game. But I guess that may be confusing for the player.
- Have only one move, with four slightly different variants. For instance, an attack similar to the phantom slash, but with different properties depending on the summoned champion; a windbox for Revali, a buff for Mipha, a reflector for Daruk, added range or power for Urbosa. (Do note that move could also be something very different to Phantom slash as well. I'm just taking phantom slash as an example.)
- Only one move as well, but with varying degree of power. To be fair, this one feels very off to me because the champions are supposedly equals, and just have different fields of expertise. I guess it would be easier to implement, however.

But how could we choose which champion we summon ? There's actually plenty of ways that already exist in the game. Robin's neutral lets them choose their spell by charging. Shulk can choose his monado's power by entering the command a certain number of times. Peach various forward smashes are triggered in a set order. It really depends on what we want the champions' spells to be and how that would complement Zelda's already existing moveset, obviously

However, we can also imagine other ways. For instance, each champion could be tied with the corresponding godess spell. Revali with Farore's wind, Mipha with Nayru's love, and Daruk with Din's fire. And I guess Urbosa with the lightning kicks that would have a visual overhaul to make the connection obvious. I guess a more extreme version could overhaul the visuals of the entire moveset so each move is tied with one champion, thus making that new Zelda's gimmick the synergy between her old moveset and the champions. To illustrate: her up tilt could have wind visual, so she can use Revali's gale to follow her opponent in the air.

I'm purposely not presenting a particular moveset, but trying to bring new ideas on how to implement the champions into Zelda's current moveset. I'd also like to point out Zelda basically lost her gimmick in Sm4sh, and became a somewhat 'basic' character. I also believe revamping her, especially heavily, would be done better by finding a new gimmick for her. Or at least start from a design objective so the character ends up being harmonious. I fear shoving the champions into her moveset instead of the godess spells may just end up breaking the character's identity.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd really like if they referenced Hyrule Warriors in some parts. Maybe have her Side Smash be her temporarily summoning a rapier of light or her up smash summoning the bow of light.

Luminario

Smash Lord
How about putting every champions in one move that would replace Phantom Slash, so we have both the champions and OoT's spells in one Zelda?
There's already some special moves with many different versions, such as Pac-man's items.

As Ethanrodgers pointed out, the champions' spells in smash could be different to their BoTW version. So if we fuse them together in one move, we actually have a lot of options.
- Staying true to the source and have four very different moves, representing somewhat accurately what they are in the original game. But I guess that may be confusing for the player.
- Have only one move, with four slightly different variants. For instance, an attack similar to the phantom slash, but with different properties depending on the summoned champion; a windbox for Revali, a buff for Mipha, a reflector for Daruk, added range or power for Urbosa. (Do note that move could also be something very different to Phantom slash as well. I'm just taking phantom slash as an example.)
- Only one move as well, but with varying degree of power. To be fair, this one feels very off to me because the champions are supposedly equals, and just have different fields of expertise. I guess it would be easier to implement, however.

But how could we choose which champion we summon ? There's actually plenty of ways that already exist in the game. Robin's neutral lets them choose their spell by charging. Shulk can choose his monado's power by entering the command a certain number of times. Peach various forward smashes are triggered in a set order. It really depends on what we want the champions' spells to be and how that would complement Zelda's already existing moveset, obviously

However, we can also imagine other ways. For instance, each champion could be tied with the corresponding godess spell. Revali with Farore's wind, Mipha with Nayru's love, and Daruk with Din's fire. And I guess Urbosa with the lightning kicks that would have a visual overhaul to make the connection obvious. I guess a more extreme version could overhaul the visuals of the entire moveset so each move is tied with one champion, thus making that new Zelda's gimmick the synergy between her old moveset and the champions. To illustrate: her up tilt could have wind visual, so she can use Revali's gale to follow her opponent in the air.

I'm purposely not presenting a particular moveset, but trying to bring new ideas on how to implement the champions into Zelda's current moveset. I'd also like to point out Zelda basically lost her gimmick in Sm4sh, and became a somewhat 'basic' character. I also believe revamping her, especially heavily, would be done better by finding a new gimmick for her. Or at least start from a design objective so the character ends up being harmonious. I fear shoving the champions into her moveset instead of the godess spells may just end up breaking the character's identity.
Oooh now that's a concept I haven't seen before. I wonder how they could all be implemented.
Your idea of it being a chargeable move brings easy inspiration as it could cycle through each one in turn. Daruk could be a projectile nullifier that protects Zelda for a short time and allows her to move around while protected, Mipha's works as superarmour like what other people have said it could be implemented like, Urbosa could be implemented by making a certain move cause heavy stun like ZSS' paralyser, and I got nothing for Revali but I guess he could supercharge her next jump with added height and an upwards windbox.
Another way it could work is by going off your idea of each being tied to a Goddess Spell, only it's a move that activates a buff for the next special used. Nayru's Love could turn into the Daruk projectile nullifier thing instead of reflecting, Din's Fire could turn electric with Urbosa and cause heavy stun and electrical damage instead of a fireball, Farore's Wind could create a tornado at the disappearance point that pushes opponents up and does no knockback damage like Megaman's upair or could create a windbox going from the disappear to the reappear point, and pressing down B again gives her Mipha's Grace superarmour/healing.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that I would love to have Zelda again. I have always liked playing as Zelda in Smash games since SSBM and I love the phantom move in SSB4. I hope to be able to play Zelda in Smash Switch with as much as the unique moves that Zelda has in the Smash Series.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd say that I would love to have Zelda again. I have always liked playing as Zelda in Smash games since SSBM and I love the phantom move in SSB4. I hope to be able to play Zelda in Smash Switch with as much as the unique moves that Zelda has in the Smash Series.
Of course Zelda's coming back. Her name's in the goddamn title of the series.
Now the real question if she's going to have an interesting moveset or the same garbage she's been stuck with for 20 years.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Crazy ****ing idea here: A zelda/sheik moveset merge.
  • She's called "Zelda", but is wearing clothes that allows for free movement, like Sheik (Maybe her outfit from BotW). She moves at Sheik's speed and has a lot of the same attacks.
  • Has many of Zelda's attacks, though, such as the lightning kick as her bair or fair.
  • Incorporates magic into some attacks, such as Din's fire (OOT version) as her down smash.
  • Farore's wind is up B
  • Deku nut-disappear is now her roll.
  • Needles as neutral B
  • Bouncing Fish as side B
  • Phantom as her down
  • Light Arrow as her final smash
Probably not, but it would be freaking awesome.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Crazy ****ing idea here: A zelda/sheik moveset merge.
  • She's called "Zelda", but is wearing clothes that allows for free movement, like Sheik (Maybe her outfit from BotW). She moves at Sheik's speed and has a lot of the same attacks.
  • Has many of Zelda's attacks, though, such as the lightning kick as her bair or fair.
  • Incorporates magic into some attacks, such as Din's fire (OOT version) as her down smash.
  • Farore's wind is up B
  • Deku nut-disappear is now her roll.
  • Needles as neutral B
  • Bouncing Fish as side B
  • Phantom as her down
  • Light Arrow as her final smash
Probably not, but it would be freaking awesome.
Nah, that's combining the appeals of 2 entirely separate characters which would cause outcry from fans of both characters who would prefer purely one or the other.
Plus it's hardly representative of either Zelda or Sheik.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Farore's Elevator, it's the name of when you combo the first hit of Farore's Wind into the second one straight up.
Sadly, that kind of strategy only works at certain damage ranges, since the first hit's knockback is not fixed, and it may not work at all when you take into account SDI as well. Anyway, if the target has taken too much damage, the first hit would end up dealing too much knockback that the target would fly past the second hit's hitbox.

This could be fixed up by making the first hit deal fixed knockback, but that could also make the strategy become unfairly cheap if the second hit's knockback is powerful enough to KO almost every fighter at less than 100% damage.

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
I want Zelda, link, and ganondorf to get full revamps (toon link and shiek can keep their old moveset)

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I'd like to see some diversity in the LoZ characters from different games instead of keeping them all from the same timeline.
-BotW Link with a new moveset
-BotW Zelda with a new moveset
-Toon Link with the current moveset to kinda have the old link still
-Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf with a new moveset, he does not deserve to be a clone... a mediocre clone at that.
-Hyrule Warriors Sheik + Zelda with transform mechanic added back. Slightly adjusted moveset for Sheik or remain the same idc. Slightly new moveset for Zelda to include the rapier on her frontal attacks and lightning kicks on the back attacks.

Hyrule Warriors would be a good opportunity to revisit the Zelda+Sheik transform mechanic. Make it a taunt or something so you don't have to change the moveset... Ganondorf from BotW wouldn't really work so I could easily see him being changed and Sheik's last game was OoT/Hyrule Warriors. Wouldn't mind seeing Tetra/Toon Zelda added to take over Zelda's old moveset either while keeping Sheik as her own character.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Ganondorf is the only character I want revamped, but Zelda could use some buffs.

Give Din's Fire two of these three things:
  1. higher speed
  2. a wider explosion
  3. higher shield damage
Since Nayru's Love works well as a "get off me" move, give its launching power a huge buff. Maybe even make it a kill move.

Down tilt and down smash could use some more range.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I do prefer the Goddess specials, but Din’s Fire needs one major change:

DON’T PUT HER IN FREE FALL!!!!

It’d be nice if it hit harder - I could use it well in Melee against CPUs, but Brawl made it really easy to avoid. Still, stealing a Smash Ball with it from the other side of the stage was ridiculously satisfying.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Din's fire could be a great move if it didn't put her in freefall and have such ridiculous start up that she's vulnerable for like multiple seconds.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
They just played a whole game with Zelda and he used 1 Dins fire in total...

It wasn't in the air. I watched nothing but Zelda the entire match GOD DAMMIT LET ME KNOW
EDIT: Also realised he never used a Phantom, so no info on charge store either...

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Ask and you shall receive! All the Zelda characters are split into different appearances now instead of all from the same timeline. Thank you daddy Sakurai! Ganondorf uses a sword on all of his smash attacks now so that's new. Not a total clone anymore.

Luminario

Smash Lord
oh my GOD I did not see this coming. I'm very happy with it though, Link Between Worlds is a fantastic Zelda design.
They just played a whole game with Zelda and he used 1 Dins fire in total...

It wasn't in the air. I watched nothing but Zelda the entire match GOD DAMMIT LET ME KNOW
I did exactly the same thing. I was like "pick Zelda, pick Zelda, she's right there and brand new, pick her" and they did but did nothing but dash attack the entire game. The Goddess Spells are clearly back, though they didn't show off down B, and I saw bair lightning kick but they didn't do fair.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Zelda looks way faster and all her new animations are great, that one magic taunt and the adorable waving one. ALBW had a great design so I'm not mad about it, I hope we get a hilda alternate costume and a brunette palette though. I need to rewatch that match to notice any major changes though, her lighting kicks definitely looked faster though which is a good sign

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I know it's not going to happen but I'm hoping for a demo after the tournament. I need to see Zelda in action. She has the same moveset from what I have seen but it does seem like there are a lot of small changes. She does seem a little faster but I have barely seen any gameplay of her so it's honestly hard to tell anything. Here's hoping someone decides to use her in the tournament. Really digging the new design choice for her too! Twilight Princess has been around for a bit so it's nice to see ALBW to change it up. I think I prefer the new design by far. Farore's Wind looks very different visually. It looked like Farore's Squall a little and it seems like it covered a larger space around Zelda. Could have just been placibo effect or wishful thinking.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'm so pleased with the Zelda look; it's so great.

Zelda looks way faster and all her new animations are great, that one magic taunt and the adorable waving one. ALBW had a great design so I'm not mad about it, I hope we get a hilda alternate costume and a brunette palette though. I need to rewatch that match to notice any major changes though, her lighting kicks definitely looked faster though which is a good sign
There's this on the official site which I guess is close enough.
I already see myself using that palette.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I dabbled in the website coding and grabbed the Zelda render lol.

Her phantom slash is different now. It looks like she builds it as she charges. Hoping that means it's storable. Her jab also lasts a lot longer and seems to have more hits

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm so pleased with the Zelda look; it's so great.

There's this on the official site which I guess is close enough.
I already see myself using that palette.

That doesn't really look like hilda though, hilda has purple hair, red eyes and a white and purple dress, this looks like her old black palette just a little more purple. If we could get a proper hilda alt alph style I'd love that

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'll admit, while I certainly don't mind the ALBW design, I do prefer TP, that sternness and sharp grace really made her seem like 'proper' royalty, while this one is more Disney princess royalty.

Still think it's beautiful and love the flowing. Also glad to see more cartoony aesthetics from the LoZ group.

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Really happy with the new Zelda. Sakurai really put a lot of detail into the model. All the taunts are amazing expressions now. It seems like Sakurai also put a lot of effort into buffing her too. Her run is definitely a lot faster.

The ultimate question: does Din's fire still put you in free-fall? Hopefully we test this soon.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
She's honestly so beautiful. I can't wait to see how she works. I had a feeling we wouldn't revamp the Zelda cast too much, but changes like these are great.

PLEASE no free-falling side special.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was hoping for a BotW redesign with pants and a revamped moveset, but...

My God she's so adorable now.

Here's to hoping she's had enough tweaked that she's viable. I got tired of trying to main her in Smash 4 and just kind of gave up.

Top Bottom