• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I found it! I found the epic-sounding song that plays in the character introduction trailers for Soul Calibur VI and apparently it's the character select theme. That is such an awesome character select theme.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I finally 100%ed Final Fantasy 13-2 6 years late oops.
20181009_224143.jpg
And now that I've seen everything that this game has to offer, I can confidently say that it's a flop that has no reason to exist. :secretkpop:
But I will still say that its music bops and it's better than it should be. Like Bresha Ruins 300AF. This is an area theme (not a battle theme ignore the title it's dumb). The area is a snowy wasteland. Why does it have music this good. Also just the music that plays after a battle, this stuff remimds me of the Mariokart Wii menu music tbh.
Although good music doesn't make up for the fact that I had to sit at a slot machine for over 3 hours to get my last fragment so no thx bye.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Yu Narukami mains? :nifty:

About to continue with more of my work, and eventually I'll be taking some old PS3 games down to the skip again. However, it'll be going to the charity shop there.

Since my dad found Tekken 6, and Persona 4 Arena (How ironic). So those will be going to the shop. Plus, I have no use for them, I no longer have a PS3 and I have no interest in getting a PS4.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
After the orbs from the paralogue, I had a grand total of ~63 orbs for Halloween Zero. Unfortunately, all I managed to pull with those orbs was a useless -atk Delthea, so I was a bad gorl and collected all of the orbs I had saved up in the Feh Bank (which was 117 orbs I think). I got Halloween Zero in my next summoning session, which was nice, and he has a decent nature of +hp -res. But I got greedy and kept fishing for better IVs and got nothing but trash. Thankfully, I stopped myself once I got down to 60 orbs. I guess I'll have to finally do the chain challenges and squad assaults if I want to keep pulling for better IVs.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I’m thinkin about build ideas for Lon’qu now that he has his personal weapon. I wish it was something a little more exciting, but it’s effective enough
This is one idea but I’m nervous about using Brazens and Wrath, since he has paper thin defenses. But his high HP pool means that the threshold is a lot wider. I think it could work out
The nature in this pic is neutral btw, I forgot to do that part. He’d probably be either +Atk or +Spd. Maybe Spd is better as a boon since neither of the brazens will be affecting it.

I’m also really excited to start Libra since he’s one of my favs from awakening. I wasn’t sure about the weapon before but now that Dorcas is here I have the perfect weapon for him
I feel like Guard on a weapon with no HP threshold is just what we needed. If only they all weren’t limited :c Atk/Def Link is just an idea, I’m not sure if it’s the best option. But I’m not sure what else to put there and I have an extra Laevatein. Def Ploy might be a little to hard to proc. And I also can do awarding Breath instead of Steady to balance out his defenses more. But that would really only help with Dragons
His nature in this pic is +Res/-HP btw

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Cress! Cress! I made my characters on the East Server. If past experiences count towards this MS, then I'm 100% sure that Scania/West will be over-populated because it's the very 1st server on the list. rip

I made a mage and did the beginning quests. Each character has a little story as a tutorial and after about 15 minutes you get teleported to the normal world. And so far the wizard boi is pretty much Natsu with 10% more smarts. Cearly I shouldn't have gone with a water bender coloration. rip

After the orbs from the paralogue, I had a grand total of ~63 orbs for Halloween Zero. Unfortunately, all I managed to pull with those orbs was a useless -atk Delthea, so I was a bad gorl and collected all of the orbs I had saved up in the Feh Bank (which was 117 orbs I think). I got Halloween Zero in my next summoning session, which was nice, and he has a decent nature of +hp -res. But I got greedy and kept fishing for better IVs and got nothing but trash. Thankfully, I stopped myself once I got down to 60 orbs. I guess I'll have to finally do the chain challenges and squad assaults if I want to keep pulling for better IVs.
But sis, he is...

F O R B I D D E N

Grats on pulling the husbando/only character worth building on the new banner. I did 2 pulls so far and got nothing. I figured I'd go for full pulls until a 5* finally graces me with its presence.

Luminario

Smash Lord
So how's everybody feeling about Zelda now? I'm eager to hear everyone's thoughts ideas, and theories.
There's so much I wanna try out, I hate that I have to wait months to do it. Is it possible to set a Phantom in the air from a full jump? I'd like to know if you can cover jumping to force a defensive choice. Can you Farore into a shielding opponent before the Phantom sets off and then attempt to grab or attack through the shield stun of the slash? How much of a wall is the Phantom this time anyway? Is it something you can reliably set up against even speedy characters to pepper them with Dins safely after the initial slash? And how good is jab for stopping aggressive approaches? I'm cautiously optimistic still but much less cautiously.

Though it wasn't in the way I thought it was gonna be (I thought she'd get the sealing move as a new down B landmine sorta thing) Zelda's probably turned into the trapping zoner I always knew she could be.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But sis, he is...

F O R B I D D E N

Grats on pulling the husbando/only character worth building on the new banner. I did 2 pulls so far and got nothing. I figured I'd go for full pulls until a 5* finally graces me with its presence.
sadly, i don't have special fighter or firesweep bow fodder, so i'm not sure what set i'll use on him. maybe i'll try out a generic quad set or something since i haven't done that before

but full pulls is a good idea since all of the units are pretty good and/or have decent fodder. myrrh has the worst fodder out of the 4, but her weapon has auto-doubles, so...

but since we are getting the ephraim and myrrh bhb on the 18th (iirc), hopefully cyl ephraim is the third unit on their banner. i want special fighter for zero, but my orb stash is low cricricri

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has anyone been playing Mega Man 11? Apparently it was released 8 days ago. I had no idea it was being released this year let alone this month. I thought it was still in development. Anyway, apparently Keith Silverstein voices Dr. Wily and Erica Lindbeck voices Roll in Mega Man 11. Roll was a dead giveaway, but Dr. Wily made me think for a moment before confirming that it was Silverstein.

For FEH, a lost princess showed up. So much for getting a witch or a spooky monster.
3* Beruka: +Res, -Spd.

4* Olivia: +HP, -Res.

3* Rebecca: +Def, -Res.

3* Stahl: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Tharja: +Res, -Atk.

3* Eliwood: +Spd, -HP.

4* Niles: +HP, -Res.

3* Oboro: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Raigh: +Def, -Spd.

4* Sophia: +HP, -Def.

3* M!Corrin: +Spd, -Res.

3* Nowi: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Odin #1: +Def, -Atk.

3* Odin #2: +Res, -Spd. This puts me at 10 copies of Odin. Part of me wants to +10 merge him so I can get it out of the way letting all future Odin's just be sources for Blarblade, Moonbow, and R Tomebreaker, but part of me doesn't want to do it since I'd end up with three merge projects who are infantry mages. I'd rather go for another flier, a green or blue cavalry, a melee infantry, or a colorless unit like Kagero, Legault, or Sothe. Even an armor merge project would be fine since I'd have a more diverse pool of merged units.

3* adult Tiki: +HP, -Res.

5* Elincia: +HP, -Atk. Out of legendary hero banners, I'm pretty sure she and Ninian tie for the most frequent 5* hero I've summon at three for them. They're both drawn by Kippu. If another Linde shows up, then there's probably some conspiracy going on with me and Kippu-drawn heroes.

4* Hinata: +Def, -HP.

3* Lon'qu: +HP, -Def.

4* Soleil: +HP, -Res.

3* Sully: +Res, -HP.

And a freebie +Spd, -Def 3* Est from the Ploy banner I summoned a couple days ago. Not even a chance at Sonya...

Edit: So, the TT banner was today and F!Kana showed as my freebie summon, so I felt why not since it would have been 15 ords for the 4 remaining summons. Clair is +7 now.
3* Camilla: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Clair: +Spd, -HP. This would be great had I not summoned her as +Atk, -HP before and had +Atk not been a superboon. Even then, each point of attack is worth 1.5 against armors and cavalry with Rhomphaia, so I probably would have still taken +Atk. If it ever happens and the older units have their BST increased and Clair ends up with 30 base neutral attack, I would still take +Atk. Anyway, I digress.

5* F!Kana: +Def, -HP. Holy crap, she is physically tanky. She is basically a green +Atk, -HP F!Corrin with extra resistance from being a trainee/gen 2 unit and having Water Breath instead of Dark Breath. F!Corrin still wins out in being able to take +Spd over +Atk if she wants, but yeah, this is pretty awesome.

4* Ogma #1: +Spd, -Atk. Why couldn't you have been -Res instead?

4* Ogma #2: +HP, -Def.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Has anyone been playing Mega Man 11? Apparently it was released 8 days ago. I had no idea it was being released this year let alone this month. I thought it was still in development. Anyway, apparently Keith Silverstein voices Dr. Wily and Erica Lindbeck voices Roll in Mega Man 11. Roll was a dead giveaway, but Dr. Wily made me think for a moment before confirming that it was Silverstein.

For FEH, a lost princess showed up. So much for getting a witch or a spooky monster.
3* Beruka: +Res, -Spd.

4* Olivia: +HP, -Res.

3* Rebecca: +Def, -Res.

3* Stahl: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Tharja: +Res, -Atk.

3* Eliwood: +Spd, -HP.

4* Niles: +HP, -Res.

3* Oboro: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Raigh: +Def, -Spd.

4* Sophia: +HP, -Def.

3* M!Corrin: +Spd, -Res.

3* Nowi: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Odin #1: +Def, -Atk.

3* Odin #2: +Res, -Spd. This puts me at 10 copies of Odin. Part of me wants to +10 merge him so I can get it out of the way letting all future Odin's just be sources for Blarblade, Moonbow, and R Tomebreaker, but part of me doesn't want to do it since I'd end up with three merge projects who are infantry mages. I'd rather go for another flier, a green or blue cavalry, a melee infantry, or a colorless unit like Kagero, Legault, or Sothe. Even an armor merge project would be fine since I'd have a more diverse pool of merged units.

3* adult Tiki: +HP, -Res.

5* Elincia: +HP, -Atk. Out of legendary hero banners, I'm pretty sure she and Ninian tie for the most frequent 5* hero I've summon at three for them. They're both drawn by Kippu. If another Linde shows up, then there's probably some conspiracy going on with me and Kippu-drawn heroes.

4* Hinata: +Def, -HP.

3* Lon'qu: +HP, -Def.

4* Soleil: +HP, -Res.

3* Sully: +Res, -HP.

And a freebie +Spd, -Def 3* Est from the Ploy banner I summoned a couple days ago. Not even a chance at Sonya...
Some people are harping on 11's short length compared to most games in this age, but the way I see it there's so many ways you can tackle things in it the replay factor is limited only by your imagination and skill.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
There's so much I wanna try out, I hate that I have to wait months to do it. Is it possible to set a Phantom in the air from a full jump? I'd like to know if you can cover jumping to force a defensive choice. Can you Farore into a shielding opponent before the Phantom sets off and then attempt to grab or attack through the shield stun of the slash? How much of a wall is the Phantom this time anyway? Is it something you can reliably set up against even speedy characters to pepper them with Dins safely after the initial slash? And how good is jab for stopping aggressive approaches? I'm cautiously optimistic still but much less cautiously.

Though it wasn't in the way I thought it was gonna be (I thought she'd get the sealing move as a new down B landmine sorta thing) Zelda's probably turned into the trapping zoner I always knew she could be.
1. Yes. The Phantom will go on standby wherever the charge finishes. That's the beauty of it. You can almost place it anywhere. You probably can cover high jumping with it, but it's bad to release it midair - as Zelda has highly increased lag after releasing Phantom midair, so if you bust it early you can be punished. If you get a Standby Phantom out, you could do any attack in the air - so I like where you're going if that. However on the ground, you can act instantly after releasing. I'm not sure if the stage of the Phantom affects that. But in my gif, it was level 5 and I could Nayru's instantly.

2. No because if they shield the Phantom/Farore's, they will have to shield the other, Farore's/Phantom. This could possibly break shield. What you could do though is SP > Din's Fire > Farore's Wind. If they manage to shield both of those, the FW will break their shield or they let go and get punished. They could still roll if they read you.
3. If really works best actually, because the Phantom covers the exact area they're trying to get to. If you hit them with a level 4, the overhead swing will punish them for trying to land on you with a Nair, fair. If they come at you and dair, you just finish charging and hold shield. OR, you release EARLY while grounded and shield immediately. That's how Zelda can still shield. She has to bust it early. Then can shield frame one after releasing. I've confirmed that at least level 5 does that.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Hey I got to thinking how would you react if Zelda three special moves acted like they do In oot.

Din’sfire Had a blast acting as a reflection and get away from me move

Farore’s wind would set a warp point the first time you hit it and the second would warp you

Nayru's Love. Gives you a shield for a bit

Also what if they gave her a sword back, in brawl or four for a few or her normal would that of hurt her

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Seth mains? :nifty::ultzelda:

I have no idea why I always do posts like these when I get inspired by stuff (First FSG, but now DYKG. Might as well do it. :secretkpop: )

We'll be talking about video game characters in pop culture.
Many of Nintendo's IPs are popular and well known outside of video games, with many of them appearing in TV shows. The video game; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, actually appeared in an episode of The Powerpuff Girls, where Mr. Mayor was playing the game on a Nintendo 64, and failing poorly at it as well. Mario even got his fair share of pop cultural spotlight too, appearing The Simpsons, asking to have his photo taken with Homer Simpson, only for it to turn into Donkey Kong, with Homer throwing trash cans at Mario, only for the plumber to fall to Homer and his bins.

It isn't only western shows that can reference video games, the anime "GAMERS!", referenced many video games throughout its original airing. Referencing sources such as "Super Mario Bros.", "Super Smash Bros.", "Street Fighter II", "Player Unknown's Battleground", and so on during the show's opening sequence. The show even uses footage from Arc System Works' games, like "Guilty Gear Xrd", "Persona 4 Arena", and having posters for "Under Night In-Birth" and "Blazblue". Due to ArcSys paying to have their own games promoted within the show itself.

However, pop culture itself can even be referenced in video games itself; the Strategy RPG series "Disgaea", is well known for referencing Pop Culture, be with NPCs, Attacks, and so on. The generic class "Prism Rangers" are references to Super Sentai shows like "Power Rangers" and "Kamen Rider", due to their flashy colours, and overexcentric poses. In Disgaea 4, there is a reference to a political incident that happened in 2008. If the player creates a Winged Warrior, and lets the intro play out; a Nekomata will throw her shoe at him while he was giving a speech. This is in reference to when former president George W. Bush visited Iraq, where an Iraqi Journalist threw his shoes at him in protest.

And now for today's Random Piece of Trivia, today we'll be taking a look at J-Stars Victory Vs., released on the PlayStation 3.

In the code of the game, there is data for four unused characters, when looking through the code; dataminers found the following characters that were cut from the game:

Being Yoh from Shaman King, Dai from Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, and Jotaro Kujo and DIO Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. When hacked back into the game, three of the four characters cause the game to crash due to having no animations, Jotaro however has animations and can work in the game, albeit being incomplete; having only around 50 - 60% of his animations completed.

:secretkpop:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So what's the general estimation of Ultimate Zelda's viability?

Low-mid tier? Low? Bottom?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I've seen everything from mid tier to bottom. Personally I think she looks excellent right now, definitely not bottom

Although we all know most players here are going to think negatively of her no matter what she can do :secretkpop:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Zelda lookin like a QUEEN even if she isnt good like whatever bc at least she'll be more fun and have more options like....girl has a full trapping move now that is so fun

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
it's not that zelda looks bad per se (although it is still zelda we're talking about), it's that so many characters are better than her

i still fully expect her to be low/bottom tier for that reason

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I've seen everything from mid tier to bottom. Personally I think she looks excellent right now, definitely not bottom

Although we all know most players here are going to think negatively of her no matter what she can do :secretkpop:
Well I'm not going to get my hopes up... already did that from Brawl -> Smash 4. Hope Zelda has something absurdly good (like all top tiers have at least one broken move). I didn't spend much time looking at Ultimate Zelda but I think she has a relatively safe recovery (given the new air dodge) which is really important.

Zelda never had a large enough player base to really push the character but the new character redesign may change that. At the very least, people might pocket her for friendlies. Better than nothing.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm calling it now that she is low but not bottom 5. With the upthrow I'm even thinking not bottom 10. I think her kit is still inherently flawed, but either way she actually looks like a lot of fun.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Did you guys even watch my video? Lol I played her for 3 days. Zelda is capable of so much more now. Ya'll need Jesus.

Plus the speed and mechanics of the game work in her favor. Most top players are calling mid to high tier, at least at Big House 8.

Phantom is her neutral. That move makes everything she has stronger. Almost all her moves were buffed. You all are sleeping on it. And I don't blame you. You haven't felt what it's like to rip Smash 4 players to shreds with the grace and power of the triforce of wisdom. And that's ok.

I have come to tell you that Zelda is a sick character now. This is as good as Zelda will ever get.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm actually a little afraid the Phantom hitbox will be nerfed before release, specifically the overhead slash one. It covers short hop and even hits on a Battlefield platform. It does look somewhat oppressive since the cooldown is so low...but Zelda needs something dumb to deal with anyway :secretzpop:

I would definitely encourage gorls to take a look at Katy Parry Katy Parry 's videos to see what I mean by "oppressive"

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Did you guys even watch my video? Lol I played her for 3 days. Zelda is capable of so much more now. Ya'll need Jesus.

Plus the speed and mechanics of the game work in her favor. Most top players are calling mid to high tier, at least at Big House 8.

Phantom is her neutral. That move makes everything she has stronger. Almost all her moves were buffed. You all are sleeping on it. And I don't blame you. You haven't felt what it's like to rip Smash 4 players to shreds with the grace and power of the triforce of wisdom. And that's ok.

I have come to tell you that Zelda is a sick character now. This is as good as Zelda will ever get.
I'm still torn. I've known heartbreak and I'm terrified that's what we have in store.

There are days when I feel differently, but mostly im reserved until a few months after release.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I'm actually a little afraid the Phantom hitbox will be nerfed before release, specifically the overhead slash one. It covers short hop and even hits on a Battlefield platform. It does look somewhat oppressive since the cooldown is so low...but Zelda needs something dumb to deal with anyway :secretzpop:

I would definitely encourage gorls to take a look at Katy Parry Katy Parry 's videos to see what I mean by "oppressive"
It's not going to be changed. If anything, they're going to fix her ftilt, which has a blind spot.

Phantom is not oppressive. All you have to do to dodge it is run > roll right as she releases. The Phantom can also be broken if she is hit while charging it or she is hit before it goes off. This makes it balanced. If you get behind her, you completely avoid the move. If you jump straight up, you can avoid the move. You can shield it, then roll away so she can't grab you. My video looks oppressive because the move shines in the 50/50. While she's charging, they have to make a decision to engage or disengage. Zelda then decides herself: Do I finish the charge? Or do I cancel it by busting it out early. When Zelda is charging she is vulnerable. If she's hit the move doesn't even come out.

Phantom is to Zelda as Banana is to Diddy as Exploding Can is to Duck Hunt. It's a core to her neutral.

The whole point of a fighting game is to use a winning strategy, and to abuse it until your opponent figures it out. All I did in my videos were punish players who were overly aggressive. They were fighting on reaction, not strategy.

Finally, all of Zelda's moves have never been good for approaching. This move allows her to approach safely. The overhead charge still takes her time to charge, exactly half a second. All your opponent has to do is run the other way on reaction - but they can't do that if they're mindlessly attacking at you. A lot of players do this.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Linne mains? :nifty::ultzelda:

Made some more progress in VC4, reached Episode 13. :yeahboi:

So I'll probably either take a break from the game for now, or go and do the Squad Stories and Skirmishes, so I can earn more EXP and GDT to upgrade my stuff further.

Also, Duel Links now has Spunky Jaden happening. Might as well just get to the point of this event.

The event is bad. Jaden's drops and rewards are trash in this event. For those who want to know why, I'll post them in a spoiler here.

E-HERO Electrum
Level 10
2900 ATK/2300 DEF
LIGHT/Warrior/Fusion/Effect

[E-HERO Avian + Burstinatrix + Clayman + Bubbleman]
When this card is face-up, it is treated as FIRE, WATER, WIND and EARTH Attribute. When this card is Fusion Summoned, shuffle all banished card(s) into the decks. This card gains 300 ATK for every monster that shares an attribute with this card.

This is just too costly to get out in DL, sure there are alternative methods, like Life Cost 0 Cyber Stein, but is it really worth it? I don't think so.

Wrath of Noes
Spell Card

Target 1 "Elemental HERO Neos" on your side of the field, return it into the deck and then destroy all cards on the field.

This is actually pretty good for DL. A field nuke for Neos is nice, however; I think the issue would be trying to get out Neos, Mausoleum could work(?) if you want to risk cutting your LP by 2000 just to get it out. Still, it's a better alternative (Kind of) if you can't get out Black Rose Dragon. Though I don't think Dimensional Gate will work with this I think?

Reverse of Neos
Quick-Play Spell

Activate when 1 Neos Fusion Monster you control is destroyed. You can Special Summon 1 E-HERO Neos from your deck in Attack Position, it gains 1000 ATK but is destroyed at the end of the turn.

This one... I feel like it could maybe have some use, but the idea of having to go that far minus just to use a combo of saying RoN + WoN just doesn't really cut it for me. Since you'll probably have to use say Treacherous to get rid of your Fusion. And this isn't even that good an idea. :V

Hero Counterattack
Trap

Activate when 1 E-HERO you control is destroyed by battle, your opponent chooses and reveals 1 card in their hand. If it is an Elemental Hero monster, you can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls and Special Summon it to your side of the field.

Just. No. This is bad, and too gimmicky.

Cocoon Party
Spell Card

Special Summon 1 "Chrysalis" from your deck for each "Neo-Spacian" monster with a different name in your graveyard.

Oh boy, here comes the really bad cards now. Chrysalis, basically weaker, and absolutely worthless cards compared to the already bad Neo-Spacians. Don't even bother running this. EVER.

Cocoon Rebirth
Spell Card

You can tribute 1 "Chrysalis" card on the field to Special Summon one "Neo-Spacian" monster that is written in the card text of that card from either player's gravyard.

No. Don't. Ever. Use this.

And of course, there are the Chrysalis monsters too. I'll just throw them all here.

Chrysalis Dolphin
Chrysalis Chicky
Chrysalis Pantail
Chrysalis Larva
Chrysalis Pinny

They're all not very good. Which is probably why they're N cards.

Overall, yeah the event is bad. Jaden's drops are terrible. The only good one is Wrath of Neos, which I can see being used in a few decks focused on Neos that aren't Neo-Spacians related. But that depends on how far people will try and run Neos for a simple Field Nuke.

(Maybe I should also work on my idea for more Milennium Shield cards... :secretkpop: )

Last edited:

Rawst

Smash Rookie
NNID
Numel322
Almost all her moves were buffed. You all are sleeping on it. And I don't blame you. You haven't felt what it's like to rip Smash 4 players to shreds with the grace and power of the triforce of wisdom. And that's ok.

I hope you’re right, would really appreciate some nice buffs for her. Always liked playing her but often felt that I’m at a disadvantage against many characters.
It’s especially funny when you manage to ko unsuspecting lightweights like G&W with her up special. Is the move getting any better btw?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
tbh I figure Zelda will be around mid tier since the new defensive changes greatly favor her and other slowish/precision based characters. But it doesn't hurt characters who are fast, it just makes it so we can actually counter them to some degree. Her upgraded Uthrow kill potential is a big deal too, especially for a character who had trouble finishing off stocks - but not with dealing damage.

Phantom being her neutral is kind of cool. It's somewhat predictable but a giant moving hitbox is still great, especially when there's end lag, making it in line with other charge abilities. It makes her unique which puts her in a weird niche yet again, which might hurt her ranking if Phantom turns out to be ez to counter once people figure it out. The other projectile gorls can use their kit to close in/zone. Zelda can't do that with either of her zoning tools.

Either way if she turns out to be low tier she'd still be fun to play imo. Sm4sh was the best balanced game of the entire series, even though it had huge flaws going down the tier list. So if they keep in line with a more 1v1 balancing philosophy things should turn out better in SmashUUUUU. Just 2 more months, gorls. :^)

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet

Mid-Low is my best guess. She still has z-axis issues, and she still has to get a read to start a kill reliably, but she has a few kill throws now, and her neutral is rather difficult to deal with. I also like that forward air is just as good as back air now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
it's not that zelda looks bad per se (although it is still zelda we're talking about), it's that so many characters are better than her

i still fully expect her to be low/bottom tier for that reason
Being a Roy-main, this hits too close to home...

About to wreck our sorry butts. She’s at least mid-tier.
I'd be pretty okay with Mid, but going higher would be still nice too. At least she better not be complete crap down again.

I'm still torn. I've known heartbreak and I'm terrified that's what we have in store.

There are days when I feel differently, but mostly im reserved until a few months after release.
I've been kind of rolling with cynicism regarding these things for a while now. However, I need to reiterate what we saw so far about Zelda, has me feel like she's gonna be taking some steps forward compared to what she was in all past games. Katy Parry Katy Parry and some others have done God''s work showing us all that.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
don't forget about the meme placement of zelda being tied for 6th place in the melee tier list

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hey I got to thinking how would you react if Zelda three special moves acted like they do In oot.

Din’sfire Had a blast acting as a reflection and get away from me move

Farore’s wind would set a warp point the first time you hit it and the second would warp you

Nayru's Love. Gives you a shield for a bit

Also what if they gave her a sword back, in brawl or four for a few or her normal would that of hurt her
Din's Fire would be much more useful.

Farore's Wind would become a broken recovery move.

Unless it still reflects, Nayru's Love isn't really necessary, since everyone already has a shield. It could be useful in the air though.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
And how is Din's? Does it get cancelled by half of the game's moves again?

Bring back love jumping/dropping that was a cool tech.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
And how is Din's? Does it get cancelled by half of the game's moves again?

Bring back love jumping/dropping that was a cool tech.
tbh even if it did get canceled by moves, it'd force heauxes to attack them and not dodge them while off stage. Since if they dodge, they're done. On stage it kinda doesn't matter since it's used as a harassment tool to force heauxes into reacting. rip2heauxes

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate my programming assignments sometimes. They're using an online submission method where you have to wait 30 minutes per submission. The best part is if you screw up something minor like a prompt string is missing a space or colon, then not only do you get no points for that test check, but you have to wait 30 goddamn minutes to submit the stupid thing again. Additionally, the code templates you can download are sometimes different than the code template in the description. Sometimes it doesn't matter and it's just a different setup, but other times it completely screws you over because the downloadable template's user prompt messages, for instance, use print line statements while the description's template which the tests reference from, don't use print line statements, but spaces at the end of the user prompt messages. Guess who had to wait another 30 goddamn minutes to resubmit his assignment? I just finished an assignment whose directions are wrong compared to its test checks. The directions says to end the print loops with a newline, but the test check doesn't have a newline. And there's more! The assignments sometimes don't even tell you what the tests are like if the repeating user prompt for invalid values is just up to you to decide what it says or it repeats the prompt. How the hell was I supposed to know that!?

Oh, and the stupid IDE drains my laptop's battery quickly for some reason. There's my obligatory rant of the day. I don't remember if I mentioned it before that I had taken a programming class, but dropped it and was hanging around with an undecided major for the past years. Well, I'm starting over because I have to do something than waste my time mulling over what I should or shouldn't do. It's also not that big of a deal since I've fulfilled almost all the general education requirements, so I'm just left with a degree's requirements. Still, time was wasted before this. Anyway, even if I end up hating programming, at least I get a skill out of it. Surprisingly enough, though, I've started to like programming and computer science and calculus for that matter when way back before in my first and second years of college, I was indifferent or hated them. Not sure why. Maybe I'm feeling motivated from feeling like I'm making some sort of progress or maybe my attitude on things have drastically changed the past two years. Still terrible at calculus, though. Gonna need to study more on that.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening JoJo fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

Planning on watching JoJo later today, and I'm going to be trying to find a way to watch Bloom Into You. Which I really enjoyed the pilot of.

I hope that it'll do well in the future whilst it's airing. Possibly the only good yuri that came out this year. :yeahboi:

I'll probably get back to Valkyria Chronicles 4 too as well.

Top Bottom