• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I thought we were friends Rion :sadsheep:

Edit: why is everyone personally attacking me over my competitive impressions on Zelda I don't understand

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think Jiggs will be worse than Zelda because at least 68% of its neutral is airdodge and airdodges are bad in SSBU.
:jigglypuffmelee:

Worse airdodges might actually help restore some of Jigglypuff's lost gimping potential, and make it scarier when juggling in general. All it needs now is it's Rest fixed and it'll be in a good spot. Not as good as Melee probably, but solid.

Also, does it ever occur to you that some people don't play certain characters to win no matter what, and that it's more fun and exciting to figure out new strategies in a new game rather than focusing on what from a previous game doesn't? I get you don't really have time to experiment new things in a time-limited demo, but you can't really pass judgement until you, and all of us, have been able to do so.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I thought we were friends Rion :sadsheep:

Edit: why is everyone personally attacking me over my competitive impressions on Zelda I don't understand
Banshee #1, I appreciate the numbers and frame data work you put in for the community and you obviously put in a lot of work for even Zelda despite your distaste for her.

But I honestly don’t know what you’re doing here. A bunch of people here actually. Literally people who can’t stop talking about how bad she is, but still... hang around? To... voice that she’s bad even though you just said that probably 10 minutes ago?

You guys make fun or cut down a lot of the blind optimists, but at the very least that optimism opens some sort of experimentation and want to try something. Your guys’ discourse is literally just a stopgap that contributes doing nothing for the character. Not to mention the attitude, and the looking down upon. It’s way worse to me.

The only positive thing I can say it gives me is it makes me want to just put in a **** ton of work into Ultimate and get really good at Zelda to shut you guys up finally, but alas, I know I don’t have that ability or sense. I certainly hope someone does though.

Anyways, I got a warning for my last post and I don’t really wanna push my luck too much with the tea, but yeah. I’m crossing my fingers for Zelda, whether she goes to high tier heaven or bottom tier heck.

Ciao ladies.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Cuz jew a blunt cunt boi.

Real talk, tho, I don't think anyone in this thread is actually honestly thinking Zelda is ever gonna be higher than low-mid, but they're excited by the prospect of her new tools making her better than she was before, which isn't saying much, but it's something they can look forward to play and develop as a part of her new strategies and metagame.

Obvs, while still under the speculation of this new excitement, no one is gonna take it positively when you comes along saying "lol no she's garbo and it's all hopeless" when the game hasn't even come out and all there is right now is speculation.

Bottomline is, it's 100% fine to be blunt and cunty around your friends that know you and know your words are tongue-in-cheek, but people who are the equivalent of strangers save for a few interactions online aren't gonna take that well cause they're not familiar with any other side of you that isn't "trash-talks my favorite Smash character constantly."

I agree with you that Zelda is probably still gonna be bad in comparison to other characters, cause her design is super stiff and doesn't really allow for dynamic playstyles that can easily adapt on the fly, but the new additions are going to be a lot more fun and dynamic than where she currently stands, at the very least, so I'm looking forward to playing her regardless. A lot of her positives in Sm4sh weren't immediately apparent, so the same thing could happen again where we're not seeing the potential of things that are already there. Of course, a lot of her negatives were also not immediately apparent either, so the same thing could happen where she's hyped up to be much better due to X number of reasons and then she turns out to just be bad. For now, only time will tell, but there's no point on pooping on people's parade when there's hardly any tangible evidence to base our opinions on.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I mean well, I really do, I just focus much more on the realist side y'know. At the end of the day I was kind of just posting what I noticed from the demo. I did this with Bowser too (who also had a bunch of nerfs, so it isn't specifically only one character that I have negative opinions on!!).

It's such a shame about Rion, but I guess I can't force people to like me even if I do like them. :happysheep:

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
Eh, I appreciate the honesty, I don't really see it as pessimism. They gave her a complete face (and age) lift but didn't put half as much effort into fixing her moveset and frame data (judging on the demo and past history). Like, I'm not even sure if I should give them credit for removing free fall from Din's when it's still has a ton of issues as a projectile and should've been done way earlier? I don't think it's fair to expect Zelda fans to not find have some sardonic humor in the fact that she's been terrible for (at least) three games straight.

It'd be one thing if this was just game to game, but three times really? That some people still have faith in their balance team is more amazing to me. (and this coming from someone who totally bought into the Smash 4 Zelda hype...)

And I think you can enjoy playing Zelda, and thus talk about her, but not think she's going to be viable at all competitively. I mean, there are Pichu fans out there right? They clearly don't like that character because of it's tier list potential. Even if you do like playing her vs real opponents there is still online and local tournaments where you can enjoy her, just not so much in pro play or high-rank online where the uphill battle becomes much more apparent.

Maybe one day her terrible meme status will finally reach inside Sakurai's brain and inspire him to actually make significant changes to her kit (like good frame data).

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I don’t dislike you Kuro! We had some good times back in the day.

But I really don’t have the patience or energy to discuss through this sort of mentality these days. Aside from a full on miracle on Zelda’s character and someone amazing playing her (we’re talking getting to top 8 or something) you guys will never change your attitudes on her. Anything even remotely less will obviously be met with conditional complaints like “match up inexperience” “easy bracket” “would have gotten farther if they used another character”.

it’s just a waste of personal energy. I’m kinda done with it. Life’s too short!

I don’t hate anyone who wants to say she’s bad. I do hate the attitude it brings in certain people when there are other people working to bring tangible strats and tech to the table while you guys are just mumbling and grumbling and offering no real contributions aside from being a peanut gallery.

You guys should just make a cranky old Zelda mains thread where you can complain and be “realist” all you want in a secluded space. At least that way, you wouldn’t be getting in the way of people who are actually trying. It can be your own personal 4chan to be as lulzy and indifferent and bitter as you like. Take a few Fujin alts or some hot take Zelda memes to decorate the place- I’m sure you can make it great!

Just do that away from everyone else who have a genuine interest in her.

I just wanted to clear that up for Kuro since I don’t want anyone thinking I dislike them haha. It is a game after all. But enough is enough, you know? If I didn’t say it, when is anyone else going to?

It’s a new game, and I’m looking forward to it. Try and... not harsh too much on everyone’s mellow before we even start, yeah?

Yeah. Very good then.

I mean well, I really do, I just focus much more on the realist side y'know. At the end of the day I was kind of just posting what I noticed from the demo. I did this with Bowser too (who also had a bunch of nerfs, so it isn't specifically only one character that I have negative opinions on!!).

It's such a shame about Rion, but I guess I can't force people to like me even if I do like them. :happysheep:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
When things get 1% serious or more on the gorl forums, just remember to take a breather and S T O P

No matter how mean the gorl, gorls will be together forever. Kinda like unconditional love, except easier because it's on the Internet. And everything's easier on the Internet. Watching stuff, buying stuff, discussing stuff, memeing stuff, showing stuff, oversharing stuff, stalking stuff. Y'know, normal stuff.

So it's a good thing there was no drama at the end of all of this. Since you gorls will be stuck here forever enjoying your lengthy stay with all the gorls. :secretkpop:

why is everyone personally attacking me over my competitive impressions on Zelda I don't understand
tbh the only thing worth personally attacking you over is the fact your avatar lacks a more bara-esque version of Sergei.

It's super offensive to me and my culture.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
I don't know, do we really have evidence that the peanut gallery has done nothing to contribute to the character in terms of discovering new tech or exploring the character? Are all the people who say she is bad people who don't actually play her? I mean a negative attitude can be hurtful sure, but that doesn't mean they aren't doing anything to contribute to the community, especially with the way I view it as self-depreciating humor (for maining such a poorly designed character).

You still gotta explain why you think a character is good or bad, understand the match-ups, see the strengths or weaknesses in the moves, etc... to have a good understanding of a characters position in a tier list or how good or bad they are in the game. It's not either blind pessimism or optimism that does that. If early impressions are saying she's bad, it's just early impression. I don't think anyone is seriously saying there's no time to change things, it's just we have a lot more evidence to the contrary saying the team won't ---- then they will.

And while being negative the entire time can be tiresome, I think it's wrong to say it serves no purpose, if you're using that knowledge to spread awareness and let the developers know she still has problems with her kit. You see it happen all the time in games, like MOBAs or fighters that recieve patches, something is blatantly bad or OP and people complain about it ad nuesuem till it gets fixed. Too bad the Smash development tam probably doesn't hear it that often.... outside of events.

I don't think the developers honestly want to create a character that struggles so hard competively or clearly dominates the game, which is why Bayo and Meta Knight have or are getting nerfed. They just need to listen better and do heavier work than 75% aesthetics and a 25% game-play update.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I love Zelda and will play her to death in Ultimate.

Just so I can have more ammunition to shoot down any claim that she is a well designed character.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well it's true that Nintendo is generally conservative when it comes to competitive patches, likely for fear of alienating players of a nerfed character or inadvertently creating another OP feature. Only actual bugs get patched urgently.

Someone like Zelda likely needs big changes to rise in viability. But where's the line of essentially making a new character from scratch? What if fans of the old Zelda don't like the new even if she were better tier-wise?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
imo sakurai should add tp!zelda with her rapier as a new character

that way, tp zelda returns, zelda would finally be viable, and it wouldn’t alienate fans who like the original OoT spell moveset

but that’s literally never happening lol

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
And while being negative the entire time can be tiresome, I think it's wrong to say it serves no purpose, if you're using that knowledge to spread awareness and let the developers know she still has problems with her kit. You see it happen all the time in games, like MOBAs or fighters that recieve patches, something is blatantly bad or OP and people complain about it ad nuesuem till it gets fixed. Too bad the Smash development tam probably doesn't hear it that often.... outside of events.

I don't think the developers honestly want to create a character that struggles so hard competively or clearly dominates the game, which is why Bayo and Meta Knight have or are getting nerfed. They just need to listen better and do heavier work than 75% aesthetics and a 25% game-play update.
Sadly I don't really see Nintendo actually getting in touch with the competitive community with the purpose of making an effort to actually try and balance the character roster, mostly due to their laughable history of community outreach. There is a tiny, minuscule sliver of hope that it could get better, just by virtue of how much they've tried ti push Splatoon's competitive scene forward, but I still don't see them being actually in touch with players or paying attention to competitive events sans for the ones they hold officially every three thousand years.

And even if they do, the imbalance with low-tier characters that have problems attached to their core design will probably prove too daunting to correct, and at best we'll just get band-aids that don't fix the inherent problems with the characters and just make them one-trick ponies that rely entirely on a single overpowered gimmick to persevere, kinda like how Bowser's grab game ended up in Sm4sh.

Why am I still posting here goodbye

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
imo sakurai should add tp!zelda with her rapier as a new character

that way, tp zelda returns, zelda would finally be viable, and it wouldn’t alienate fans who like the original OoT spell moveset

but that’s literally never happening lol
Yeah I'm sure the fandom will loooove Marthda. Do not underestimate their ability to generalize swords and different versions of characters.

You can suggest any number of overhauls to make Zelda or any other character "better designed" for 1v1s, but if you focus solely on that then Smash as a whole becomes far less interesting. Right now Ganondorf is crushing in free-for-all demos, and plenty of casual players will love him just for that. Conversely I'd imagine lots of them trying Sheik in the same scenario and wondering why everyone goes on about her being so good when they lack knowledge or practice with her various combos and edgeguarding and otherwise struggle to earn KOs.
At this rate Zelda is gonna be almost immune to edgeguarding lol

Heck she could probably do something really annoying like jump offstage and shoot Din's against a character that can't go far offstage (so like...little mac) and repeat it to stall

I feel like the Phantom is gonna turn Zelda into a 9000 IQ play character
Nothing makes you feel more like the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom than being one step ahead of your opponent(s) whenever possible, rather than just overwhelming with frame data/disjoints etc.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
tbh the only thing worth personally attacking you over is the fact your avatar lacks a more bara-esque version of Sergei.

It's super offensive to me and my culture.
I appreciate some good bara but Sergei has like nothing in the fanart department and when he does it's not very good so I just used official art lol.

Bizarre too since he was only one of the few likable characters in the game :thinking:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oof. Missed a post yesterday, better make up for this! :secretkpop:

What's going on Late Birthday fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty::ultzelda::yeahboi::nifty:

So it was my birthday yesterday, and now I'm 25. Oof, I feel old now. :V

Also, I can say this... Zelda can't be terrible, because Yukiko Amagi in P4A and BBTAG exists. :secretkpop:

Anyway, I had a nice birthday; didn't really get much, just some money and t-shrits; that was it really. But I did get some Nintendo eShop gift cards so I got myself Iconoclasts and topped up my funds so I can then get myself ready for Nintendo's Online Services next month. Didn't find any Switch games I wanted when I went out, maybe I'll find some another time.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I like Waluigi now because of this noncanon thing:

Is he a good boi or not? idk anymore pls help

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
But I honestly don’t know what you’re doing here. A bunch of people here actually. Literally people who can’t stop talking about how bad she is, but still... hang around? To... voice that she’s bad even though you just said that probably 10 minutes ago?

You guys make fun or cut down a lot of the blind optimists, but at the very least that optimism opens some sort of experimentation and want to try something. Your guys’ discourse is literally just a stopgap that contributes doing nothing for the character. Not to mention the attitude, and the looking down upon. It’s way worse to me.
I want people to be informed so they aren't disappointed when they find themselves at the bottom of the dumpster. There's a lot of hopeful new gorls out there that don't know the first thing about Zelda and I feel that showing them the truth now will spare them from putting in a ton of work on a dead end character which will ultimately feel like wasted time.

As for the reason I stick around, It's lovely here, sass or hope. If someone like Ophelia is super exited to try out the new recycle bin, it makes me want to pinch their adorable little naive cheeks. Besides, the people who constantly dole out sass have great moments of humor and are generally decent people, along with the hopefuls. Plus this board actually gets things done. We discover gamewide values and tech faster than even the Marth boards. People here don't slack when it comes to loving Zelda.

Her being bad yet again is disappointing, but our little community isn't going to fall apart because of that.

As for me, I love all you Gorls. Even the saltiest Khammer. Especially Khammer.

Oof. Missed a post yesterday, better make up for this! :secretkpop:

What's going on Late Birthday fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty::ultzelda::yeahboi::nifty:

So it was my birthday yesterday, and now I'm 25. Oof, I feel old now. :V

Also, I can say this... Zelda can't be terrible, because Yukiko Amagi in P4A and BBTAG exists. :secretkpop:

Anyway, I had a nice birthday; didn't really get much, just some money and t-shrits; that was it really. But I did get some Nintendo eShop gift cards so I got myself Iconoclasts and topped up my funds so I can then get myself ready for Nintendo's Online Services next month. Didn't find any Switch games I wanted when I went out, maybe I'll find some another time.

Hey EOD! I am turning 25 soon as well! This isn't super relevant to the Zelda boards but it's fun.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't get bothered with tiers partly because I mainly care about the enjoyment I get from playing a character, and also because for every character that rises in placement, another one will fall. You don't get ties on a list unless the differences between one character and the next are very minimal, and that's boring. The best you can strive for without copying existing top tier templates is to try and ensure the gaps between tiers are not as large.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't get bothered with tiers partly because I mainly care about the enjoyment I get from playing a character, and also because for every character that rises in placement, another one will fall. You don't get ties on a list unless the differences between one character and the next are very minimal, and that's boring. The best you can strive for without copying existing top tier templates is to try and ensure the gaps between tiers are not as large.
Tiers are also made under the assumption that both players know everything about the opponent's character. With both characters being used with optimum precision/players doing their absolute best.

:secretkpop: oopsieu inaccuracy lol-apa-lul-zaaajajaja forgot to factor in human error :secretkpop:

At best the gaps in tiers are 75% the size of what's shown. Anyone who presents tiers as factual evidence are objectively wrong. Using them for loose opinions, salt inducing hier tiers, and memes are toats OK tho. Troo wise gorls already know that and tier heauxes will forever be inferior to us gorls.

That's why we're always wise, right, sasstastic, and like:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It has been a while since I've posted here, but I'll just mention some stuff that Zelda should likely have to be more viable...
  • As a fighter who operates as a glass cannon, Zelda needs to be quick on the draw for her weaker attacks.
    • For an example, the neutral jab's hitboxes should be active as early as around frame 3.
    • Also, some of Zelda's stronger attacks would have minimal start-up lag to compensate for her lightweight status.
  • Looping hits need to be consistent with their rehit rate, and have autolink properties to keep opponents from SDIing out of them.
  • The sweetspot for the f-air and b-air needs better BKB to ensure that no matter how heavy the opponent, he/she would always enter a tumbling animation under normal circumstances, even at low damage percentages.
  • Din's Fire has transcendent priority, and the knockback statistics would be the same between the sweetspot and sourspot.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hi I've been busy storming through my last 2 Chibi Robo games so that I can say that I've finished this series.
Game 1 was Zip Lash which I finally finished today. It bad. Next!
Game 2 is Clean Sweep (the one that only released in Japan). I found out recently that someone made an English patch for it so I started playing it immediately after finding that out. It's super similar to the first game and it even improves on it in a lot of ways. For the most part it has a tamer story than whatever the glorious mess that happened in 1 was, altho 1 kid makes a deal with Satan to *spoilers*, and the Chibi Blaster was replaced with ɢᴜɴ. Kinda salty that we never got this game. I think I'm close to the end of it but I'm not entirely sure.
So overall, The first game ≥ Clean Sweep > Photo Finder > Park Patrol >>>>>>>>>>>> Zip Lash.
Sergei has like nothing in the fanart department and when he does it's not very good

Bizarre too since he was only one of the few likable characters in the game :thinking:
Me with Kaito even tho I have an album with like thousands of pictures of him

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's going on Ophilia fans? :nifty:

So I've finished Ophilia's story yesterday, and I like the artwork you see after you clear the story. It's very cute, but now I can FINALLY take Ophilia out of my party. My next goal is Cyrus' story, gonna get his done and then Tressa's. :yeahboi:

She's really overleveled compared to everyone else. (Most of the party are in Level 39 - 43, Ophilia's Level 53) So I'll be possibly doing some grinding to get everyone either caught up, or just so I can get some of the other Jobs available.

I've tried to fight Steorra, The Starseer. She was really kicking my butt numerous times. The farthest I got against her was around 60% of her health gone. But I still lost in the end, but I still have the idea of having two characters use Reflective Veil so she can damage herself, but gotta be careful of Power Balance, since she can get rid of buff and Reflect for 5 turns. So you'll either have to wait 5 turns, or have Steorra kill that character. :V

Also, I've been playing some more Iconoclasts; it's been real fun. If you're after a Super Metroid-like game, I do recommend it.

By the way, that Tier List I made for BBTAG. I might revise it, and hopefully I can have a more simplified Tier List similar to Smash's unlike the ones they have for SFV, UMvC3, etc.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I want people to be informed so they aren't disappointed when they find themselves at the bottom of the dumpster. There's a lot of hopeful new gorls out there that don't know the first thing about Zelda and I feel that showing them the truth now will spare them from putting in a ton of work on a dead end character which will ultimately feel like wasted time.

As for the reason I stick around, It's lovely here, sass or hope. If someone like Ophelia is super exited to try out the new recycle bin, it makes me want to pinch their adorable little naive cheeks. Besides, the people who constantly dole out sass have great moments of humor and are generally decent people, along with the hopefuls. Plus this board actually gets things done. We discover gamewide values and tech faster than even the Marth boards. People here don't slack when it comes to loving Zelda.

Her being bad yet again is disappointing, but our little community isn't going to fall apart because of that.

As for me, I love all you Gorls. Even the saltiest Khammer. Especially Khammer.

Hey EOD! I am turning 25 soon as well! This isn't super relevant to the Zelda boards but it's fun.
(I promised myself to not post too much more, but the Zelda fire in me is burning!)

There’s a difference between saying “You’ll be struggling as a character so be prepared to fight a fair share of uphill battles” vs “she’s a dumpster fire, don’t bother”.

One acknowledges her weaknesses, but still allows possibility, the other just flat out tells you to not even try.

I think being gatekeepers in that regard seems a bit silly. Let people form their own opinions by... letting them experience the character on their own. The best we can do is let them know what kind of troubles they should be prepared for, not telling them to flat out forget it.

This is really similar to how a lot to Zelda mains were really angry at Nairo for experimenting with Din’s Fire offstage when recovering. He got trounced for it, but at least he was trying for something interesting and not just ignoring the possibility and actually tried it out in practice.

Just because Zelda is a rigid character doesn’t mean you have to have a rigid mindset, haha.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
what a strange way to spell Primrose
I'll just stay away over here at camp H'aanit then. At least I get to hug a fuzzy snow leopard or whatever it's called in Octopath. If they let me. I am not prepared to be mauled by a large cat.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
(I promised myself to not post too much more, but the Zelda fire in me is burning!)

There’s a difference between saying “You’ll be struggling as a character so be prepared to fight a fair share of uphill battles” vs “she’s a dumpster fire, don’t bother”.

One acknowledges her weaknesses, but still allows possibility, the other just flat out tells you to not even try.

I think being gatekeepers in that regard seems a bit silly. Let people form their own opinions by... letting them experience the character on their own. The best we can do is let them know what kind of troubles they should be prepared for, not telling them to flat out forget it.

This is really similar to how a lot to Zelda mains were really angry at Nairo for experimenting with Din’s Fire offstage when recovering. He got trounced for it, but at least he was trying for something interesting and not just ignoring the possibility and actually tried it out in practice.

Just because Zelda is a rigid character doesn’t mean you have to have a rigid mindset, haha.
I'm not seeing such a gatekeeping mindset around here. Nobody is telling people to not play Zelda, they are simply pointing out her numerous existing issues.

I do wish that you would post in here, be the change you want to see in the world and all that. You don't have to argue or anything, but it is nice to have pleasant folk around. Calling us a collective dumpster fire and leaving won't alleviate the situation at all.

oh god
what the hell.png

as a civil engineer that's currently specializing in hydraulics, this triggers me really hard. looooooooooooooooooooooool

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Any gorl watch Broad City? Abbi is also the voice of Bean from Disenchantment so I figure I'd give it a look-see.

So far the show is very lewd and gross, but not "lol guy show humor" gross. A little witty, a little dark, never full-on-stupid (so kinda like the Brooklyn 99). It's about super gorl-power without actually being all up in the viewer's face about it or treating the girls like heauxes for doing stuff dudes get a pass on. Halfway into the 2nd season so far and can honestly say that none of the situations that they've been in seem cliche so I'm never in a "hurdur I know what happenzzz" type of mood for the whole show. It also shows that true gorls can be borderline heauxes without going full-heaux.

I'm sure some of yew gorls could use role models like that. :secretkpop: :secretkpop: :secretkpop:

Speaking of Disenchantment that was a pretty good 10-episode series so far. Bean is the love child of Leela and Fry from Futurama and she's an amazing tough gorl 10/10 best anime gorl for sure. The music/art style is most def Futurama 100% so that's great as to be expected. But people were like "lelelele the characters are just copy/paste of the Futurama ones how lazeeeee" but they're really not so I'm pretty sure they were just idiots who were given the power to review for some unjustifiable reason. But thank goodness the writing/comedic timing is actually good and it's not even close to being The Simpsons. So. Like. That's very good in itself jajajajaja. :^)

As for POGO:
WE GETTIN CELEBI SPECIAL QUESTS ADDED TODAY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gen 4 slated for late fall or earlier if we're good gorls yay Leafeon/Glaceon the superior eevee gorls
I got Regirock but who cares about that nerd tbh

As for FEH:
I got x2 Xanders somehow and he is a pretty precious hot boi so yay for that. -res/+def yay and -atk/+spd oops. At least he can also be good fodder.
Other than that nothing major for FEH yet until the final chapter and/or CYL2 comes out yawn.

oh god
View attachment 158788
as a civil engineer that's currently specializing in hydraulics, this triggers me really hard. looooooooooooooooooooooool
It's ok to be triggered by that mess, gorl.

Even kinda-dumb people reading that TrashT be mad like:
AxolAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I am gonna get back to you Freelance in a response but first a nice Zelda video:

Bonren Zelda vs Elegant Luigi
https://youtu.be/13T1jAWs6zc

Early kills galore. Very delicious tbh.

Even with her obvious weaknesses showing here, with the lack of coverage for awkward angles and lack of options under pressure, Bonren still manages to win, taking huge advantage when given the opportunity and a few good calls like at the end.

I guess that’s the thing about Zelda. She has so much trouble in disadvantage, but if you can tough it out and make those good opportunity for advantage happen and capitalize on them, she can really run it back.

Overall, congrats to him and for giving us a really meaty Zelda match!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Tressa fans? :ultzelda:

So my sister and her BF have gone back home now, it was nice see them; and she gave the MHGU Demo a shot, she managed to slay the Great Maccao, but she failed to slay the Barioth and she fainted 3 times to the Dragon who is basically a Fighter Jet (I love how just fast it is.), I'll most definitely be getting it when it comes out worldwide (Plus, I can just transfer my save data over to it~). I'll need to get use to my Insect Glaive once again, yes I am a Glaive Main; I'll give the nerfed Prowler a shot in Ultimate, since I didn't know they did a lot of damage.

I'll just stay away over here at camp H'aanit then. At least I get to hug a fuzzy snow leopard or whatever it's called in Octopath. If they let me. I am not prepared to be mauled by a large cat.
Linde's a good kitty cat.

I was gonna post my BBTAG Tier List, but I found out I already did that on the last page. :secretkpop:

So good thing I didn't. Though I do wish I could make one that is just like the one we use on Smash Apps (The MMCafe is still a good choice, but I wish the people on Smash Apps also added in an option for BBTAG). :V

Speaking of which, MMCafe updated the BBTAG Tier List. Now they got the 9 DLC characters, that'll be fun to do; but man, when I look at my tier list, there are just. SO MANY HIGH TIER CHARACTERS!!

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/bbtag/index.html#bk5 I'm kind of curious on what Nammy12 Nammy12 , Cress! Cress! and even evmaxy54 evmaxy54 's tier lists would be like for BBTAG.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What's poppin' Tressa fans? :ultzelda:

So my sister and her BF have gone back home now, it was nice see them; and she gave the MHGU Demo a shot, she managed to slay the Great Maccao, but she failed to slay the Barioth and she fainted 3 times to the Dragon who is basically a Fighter Jet (I love how just fast it is.), I'll most definitely be getting it when it comes out worldwide (Plus, I can just transfer my save data over to it~). I'll need to get use to my Insect Glaive once again, yes I am a Glaive Main; I'll give the nerfed Prowler a shot in Ultimate, since I didn't know they did a lot of damage.

Linde's a good kitty cat.

I was gonna post my BBTAG Tier List, but I found out I already did that on the last page. :secretkpop:

So good thing I didn't. Though I do wish I could make one that is just like the one we use on Smash Apps (The MMCafe is still a good choice, but I wish the people on Smash Apps also added in an option for BBTAG). :V

Speaking of which, MMCafe updated the BBTAG Tier List. Now they got the 9 DLC characters, that'll be fun to do; but man, when I look at my tier list, there are just. SO MANY HIGH TIER CHARACTERS!!

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/bbtag/index.html#bk5 I'm kind of curious on what Nammy12 Nammy12 , Cress! Cress! and even evmaxy54 evmaxy54 's tier lists would be like for BBTAG.

Prowler hasn't been nerfed, in fact they got a lot of buffs. It's just that they don't scale as well as hunters late in G-Rank.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Any gorl watch Broad City? Abbi is also the voice of Bean from Disenchantment so I figure I'd give it a look-see.

So far the show is very lewd and gross, but not "lol guy show humor" gross. A little witty, a little dark, never full-on-stupid (so kinda like the Brooklyn 99). It's about super gorl-power without actually being all up in the viewer's face about it or treating the girls like heauxes for doing stuff dudes get a pass on. Halfway into the 2nd season so far and can honestly say that none of the situations that they've been in seem cliche so I'm never in a "hurdur I know what happenzzz" type of mood for the whole show. It also shows that true gorls can be borderline heauxes without going full-heaux.

I'm sure some of yew gorls could use role models like that. :secretkpop: :secretkpop: :secretkpop:

Speaking of Disenchantment that was a pretty good 10-episode series so far. Bean is the love child of Leela and Fry from Futurama and she's an amazing tough gorl 10/10 best anime gorl for sure. The music/art style is most def Futurama 100% so that's great as to be expected. But people were like "lelelele the characters are just copy/paste of the Futurama ones how lazeeeee" but they're really not so I'm pretty sure they were just idiots who were given the power to review for some unjustifiable reason. But thank goodness the writing/comedic timing is actually good and it's not even close to being The Simpsons. So. Like. That's very good in itself jajajajaja. :^)

As for POGO:
WE GETTIN CELEBI SPECIAL QUESTS ADDED TODAY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gen 4 slated for late fall or earlier if we're good gorls yay Leafeon/Glaceon the superior eevee gorls
I got Regirock but who cares about that nerd tbh

As for FEH:
I got x2 Xanders somehow and he is a pretty precious hot boi so yay for that. -res/+def yay and -atk/+spd oops. At least he can also be good fodder.
Other than that nothing major for FEH yet until the final chapter and/or CYL2 comes out yawn.

It's ok to be triggered by that mess, gorl.

Even kinda-dumb people reading that TrashT be mad like:
View attachment 158805
I watched 1 episode of that Matt Groening show and it didn't seem to have... jokes? It was like you had to find the situation kind of amusing but there were no laugh out loud moments for me. The thing I like about Futurama and The Simpsons (in its prime) is that the jokes are rapid fire and you barely have time to breathe in-between each joke. It was a huge disappointment and did not make me want to watch the rest of it.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I watched 1 episode of that Matt Groening show and it didn't seem to have... jokes? It was like you had to find the situation kind of amusing but there were no laugh out loud moments for me. The thing I like about Futurama and The Simpsons (in its prime) is that the jokes are rapid fire and you barely have time to breathe in-between each joke. It was a huge disappointment and did not make me want to watch the rest of it.
Ye it was weird at first too. It's not a "barely a continuity show of jokes" so there's no rapid fire of visual gags, puns, or jokes. It could've been better but it was a solid first try. tbh the first season of his other shows were similar, solid tries but not 100%.

But it relies on fantasy tropes instead of scifi. Personally I prefer scifi. I'm hoping S2 picks up. In the mean time I'll just binge Modern Family or w/e.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Iconoclasts fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So I've heard some great news last night. And it's that Grandia and Grandia 2 are coming to the Switch (And Steam) as HD Remasters! :yeahboi:

I cannot fathom this at all, I love the original Grandia and it's one of my favourite JRPGs. And the fact that I can play it on the go has me even more excited!

If anyone here has a Switch. I highly recommend you get these games! It'll be in a bundle and be released during Winter, which is going to be amazing. First Smash Ultimate and now Grandia 1 and 2!? HELL YES!

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
What's happening Iconoclasts fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So I've heard some great news last night. And it's that Grandia and Grandia 2 are coming to the Switch (And Steam) as HD Remasters! :yeahboi:

I cannot fathom this at all, I love the original Grandia and it's one of my favourite JRPGs. And the fact that I can play it on the go has me even more excited!

If anyone here has a Switch. I highly recommend you get these games! It'll be in a bundle and be released during Winter, which is going to be amazing. First Smash Ultimate and now Grandia 1 and 2!? HELL YES!

1. Pretty interested in Grandia.

2. One does not post Yuri without providing the source of the series and/or characters! :O

Top Bottom