• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
How is everyone ignoring the most important announcement

ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ sᴛᴀɢᴇ ɪs ʙᴀᴄᴋ
Also congrats EODM07 EODM07 on the 1,000th post in this thread. Now we just need at least 99,000 more!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm rrreeeaaallllyyyy excited for Dark Samus!!! They're really paying close attention to make sure that echos "feel" right like even though she's using Samus' moveset, the floating and everything is SO COOL!!! Honestly calling clones echo fighters and loading a bunch onto us was a FANTASTIC idea

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
matt mercer is in smash so that automatically makes this the best direct ever. i would have preferred ryouma, but chrom is still great. praise sakurai

also tourney mode returning means it’ll be super easy to do zelda social tournaments

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So we can see Zelda doing a command release of Phantom at 10:30 in the direct and it retains its original direction even if she turns around after summon. I’m definitely that gurl who was trying to clock Zelda things in the midst of the direct lol.

I’m honestly just blown away by the sum of modes, stages and music! 900 tracks?!

The chargeable Final smash mode looks awesome honestly, and I’d play that. Ironically it’s like the characters being able to pull off ‘ultimates.’

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Final Smashes can now be added via a meter option.

Is this going to be Ultimate's "Customs" fiasco v2.0?
I feel like it will be. Some people will play around with it for the first few months, and then we'll decide that they should stay off.
Altho I'm 99% hoping for that just because Wii Fit's final smash is one of the worst in the game and barely does anything other than getting in some easy chip damage. And with the fact that meter final smashes are weaker than normal ones, Wii Fit's will essentially be a few pathetic slaps that do nothing while other characters get 1HKO's. So that would make Wii Fit a bottom 10 character or so right then and there, unless the rest of her kit (or her FS) gets some huge buffs but it doesn't seem likely.

Back to the Direct, Dark Samosa was probably the most hype of the new characters for me, and I could genuinely see myself picking her up. The fact that her and regular Samoos can charge neutral B in midair is something that I already love since I charge Wii Fit's in midair almost all of the time, so that alone will help it be an easy transition for me. I'm curious to see how else the 2 of them differ, other than Dark floats like an edgy gorl.
Her addition also gives me hope for more Prime music so yeah. Can we get Gandraya's Battle Theme pls?

btw :hanenbow: LEGALIZE :hanenbow: HANENBOW :hanenbow:
even if u don't agree, that isn't going to stop me from playing the Battlefield version of the stage exclusively. music fish stage gud.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I feel like it will be. Some people will play around with it for the first few months, and then we'll decide that they should stay off.
Altho I'm 99% hoping for that just because Wii Fit's final smash is one of the worst in the game and barely does anything other than getting in some easy chip damage. And with the fact that meter final smashes are weaker than normal ones, Wii Fit's will essentially be a few pathetic slaps that do nothing while other characters get 1HKO's. So that would make Wii Fit a bottom 10 character or so right then and there, unless the rest of her kit (or her FS) gets some huge buffs but it doesn't seem likely.

Back to the Direct, Dark Samosa was probably the most hype of the new characters for me, and I could genuinely see myself picking her up. The fact that her and regular Samoos can charge neutral B in midair is something that I already love since I charge Wii Fit's in midair almost all of the time, so that alone will help it be an easy transition for me. I'm curious to see how else the 2 of them differ, other than Dark floats like an edgy gorl.
Her addition also gives me hope for more Prime music so yeah. Can we get Gandraya's Battle Theme pls?

btw :hanenbow:LEGALIZE :hanenbow: HANENBOW:hanenbow:
even if u don't agree, that isn't going to stop me from playing the Battlefield version of the stage exclusively. music fish stage gud.
Well, the "linear" Final Smashes like Mario's or Wii Fit's can still be deadly offstage, and are much harder to dodge. It's a trade-off. Some have raised the idea of some final smashes taking longer to charge than others depending on potency.

Whatever their legality becomes though, I'm just happy to play with Final Smashes without relying on Smash Ball luck.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
"We heard you like tiers in fighting games. So we made our game SSS Tier among all other fighting games. EZclap style. BAN•SMASHU." - Sakurai (8.8 Direct's Subtext, 2018)

Ok thnx Snackurai, but why're you trying to cover up that obvious Story Mode in the bottom left corner? :^)

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
"We heard you like tiers in fighting games. So we made our game SSS Tier among all other fighting games. EZclap style. BAN•SMASHU." - Sakurai (8.8 Direct's Subtext, 2018)

Ok thnx Snackurai, but why're you trying to cover up that obvious Story Mode in the bottom left corner? :^)
Obviously so they can reveal it in the next direct, so there's an excuse for there to BE a next direct.

'Cause, we're getting another one of those directs in a month or 2 mark my words.

And it'll be grand.

With Shantae. Or Skull kid possibly.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So...Hilda as a Zelda Echo Fighter, Y / N?
Zelda has a purple hair alt, but it's a very pale purple a la Medea, whereas Hilda has much darker hair purple hair , or they can just give us Cia :secretkpop:

ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ sᴛᴀɢᴇ ɪs ʙᴀᴄᴋ
Legitimately my most desired Brawl stage to come back, I'm so happy for that.

The original unlockable Mushroom Kingdom stage from the N64 game is back for the first time too.

Well, the "linear" Final Smashes like Mario's or Wii Fit's can still be deadly offstage, and are much harder to dodge. It's a trade-off. Some have raised the idea of some final smashes taking longer to charge than others depending on potency.
It's like that with most supers, and he's clearly adding stuff like this to get the competitive scene to actually use it. Smash is the only fighting game that plays the game they wish they had instead of the game they do have, and this is a huge and interesting thing that could really give Ultimate it's own identity mechanics-wise.

I kind of liked Alpharad's idea in his reaction video; just increase the stock count and add the super meter.

There are some things far too entrenched into the Smash psyche to transition from too quickly (i.e., we are never going to end up with a list of legal stages, just set them as on and choice stages via random sort of like how Tekken does it though they don't ban stages as opposed to stage striking), but this is the single most quintessential fighting game mechanic in the genre.

Though this is also were stage list is going to be massively important. If they outright ban every stage that would hinder horizontal final smashes like Marios for instance, then is that a knock against the super meter or the stage list? Brawl ran into this sort of problem then they started banning stages to minimize Metaknight and got rid of all of Ice Climbers's bad stages.

Just wanna point out that according to a dude on twitter (posted to reddit), the mode spells out "Spirit", and Smash characters have been horribly murdered in every Smash Ultimate reveal trailer so far.

Also, the MH Dragon thing was introduced in a stage that doesn't appear on the stage list.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Just 1 more quick reminder that Bayo's final smash puts the entire stage into witch time, and if you get hit while you're at/above 100% you die right there. And you really can't play against it in any way, most of the other final smashes require you to aim the shot at least. People complain about her now but giving her access to something like that will just ignite the dumpster fire of her in general even more.
Plus how would her final smash be weaker if it doesn't exactly deal direct damage (same with Peach's)? Gomorrah deals damage but if their percent is already at 100% before he comes out (which will be pretty much all of the time), they're dead anyways, so dealing less damage there means nothing. Their durations will probably be shortened but who knows.

I still love the idea of metered final smashes and I'll use it for fun matches, but I don't think it'll fit into competitive. And this is coming from someone who was looking forward to customs being legal (and for the Miis and Pale Tuna, they still should be tbh).

Luminario

Smash Lord
So...Hilda as a Zelda Echo Fighter, Y / N?
Zelda has a purple hair alt, but it's a very pale purple a la Medea, whereas Hilda has much darker hair purple hair , or they can just give us Cia :secretkpop:
It would make sense. LBW design is the perfect time to add a Hilda palette swap but it's nowhere to be seen. It's also great for those who prefer their Zelda to be a bit more stone cold and slightly ****** like TP Zelda.
Just 1 more quick reminder that Bayo's final smash puts the entire stage into witch time, and if you get hit while you're at/above 100% you die right there. And you really can't play against it in any way, most of the other final smashes require you to aim the shot at least. People complain about her now but giving her access to something like that will just ignite the dumpster fire of her in general even more.
Plus how would her final smash be weaker if it doesn't exactly deal direct damage (same with Peach's)? Gomorrah deals damage but if their percent is already at 100% before he comes out (which will be pretty much all of the time), they're dead anyways, so dealing less damage there means nothing. Their durations will probably be shortened but who knows.

I still love the idea of metered final smashes and I'll use it for fun matches, but I don't think it'll fit into competitive. And this is coming from someone who was looking forward to customs being legal (and for the Miis and Pale Tuna, they still should be tbh).
Maybe in Bayo's case her weaker FS means she just doesn't slow down time so you have to actually work for the hits.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I was thinking this exact thing. Final Smashes that insta KO over 100% (which only Zelda and Bayonetta have to my knowledge) would be absolutely cancerous. With Bayo, basically if you hit 100% and she has meter you die. It's a win button at that point. Zelda's isn't nearly as bad, but being anywhere near her would be extremely dangerous since the hitbox is massive and the duration is very long. It would promote very campy gameplay and practically undo all the nerfing to defensive options that was done to speed up the pace.

And that's before we even get into other stuff like Marcinas fishing for their Critical Hit or ones like Ganondorf's that would be extremely difficult to dodge on a tourney legal stage...

I would be so down for a friendly/side event with meter FSes tho

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I was thinking this exact thing. Final Smashes that insta KO over 100% (which only Zelda and Bayonetta have to my knowledge) would be absolutely cancerous. With Bayo, basically if you hit 100% and she has meter you die. It's a win button at that point. Zelda's isn't nearly as bad, but being anywhere near her would be extremely dangerous since the hitbox is massive and the duration is very long. It would promote very campy gameplay and practically undo all the nerfing to defensive options that was done to speed up the pace.

And that's before we even get into other stuff like Marcinas fishing for their Critical Hit or ones like Ganondorf's that would be extremely difficult to dodge on a tourney legal stage...

I would be so down for a friendly/side event with meter FSes tho
Knowing Smash fans, I think Bayo would finally be banned over final smashes. But if that's the case for Zelda's final smash... does that mean BAN•ZELDA could be an actual possibility in Ultimate? Did we just meme her ban into existence?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Luigi's Funeral attendees? :ultzelda::nifty::nifty::nifty:

So the Direct happened yesterday and I gotta say. I'm really amazed by how much they showed off.

Simon & Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus and even King K. Rool!? Damn Sakurai, you're too kind.

I may give Chrom a shot when it comes out, since I've used Lucina before.

I was gonna post my own tier list for BBTAG, buuuut I think I will most likely be incorrect; plus it's way too early to discuss where the new DLC Batch would go. :V (Though I still stand by my opinion that Yuzuriha is indeed Top Tier.)

Speaking of BBTAG; I did find some more Yuzuriha combos thanks to some members of the Yuzuriha channel in the BBTAG Discord. :yeahboi: She's real fun.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What's happening Luigi's Funeral attendees? :ultzelda::nifty::nifty::nifty:

So the Direct happened yesterday and I gotta say. I'm really amazed by how much they showed off.

Simon & Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus and even King K. Rool!? Damn Sakurai, you're too kind.

I may give Chrom a shot when it comes out, since I've used Lucina before.

I was gonna post my own tier list for BBTAG, buuuut I think I will most likely be incorrect; plus it's way too early to discuss where the new DLC Batch would go. :V (Though I still stand by my opinion that Yuzuriha is indeed Top Tier.)

Speaking of BBTAG; I did find some more Yuzuriha combos thanks to some members of the Yuzuriha channel in the BBTAG Discord. :yeahboi: She's real fun.

Chrom plays more like Roy from what I can see. Execpt with Ike's recovery move.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Chrom might be my new main.

There are so many characters that I want to play tho

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i feel the same way. it's like i wanna play 20 characters at this point

but i’m going to be playing chrom regardless

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
i feel the same way. it's like i wanna play 20 characters at this point

but i’m going to be playing chrom regardless
I'm a Marcina, Zelda, Cloud, Belmont, Mewtywo, Pkm Trainer, Ganondorf, Fox, Meta Knight-Main with pockets that include: Roy, Corrin, Young Link, Sheek, Doc, Rosalina, And sometimes Little Mac.

All tallied up... 18 Characters! I'll definitely be playing all of them and more.

So yeah, 20 characters is totally realistic in this game.

Plus they haven't announced all the fighters. I'll Main Shantae for sure, Crash Bandicoot/Spyro if they can get in, and Skull Kid because that's been a lifelong dream.

Anyone else have a list?

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm definitely maining Zelda with Dark Samus and maaaaybe Corrin? But then I look at every character I want to use occasionally just for fun and I'm like hello this is tOO MUCH. Ice Climbers, Inkling, Link, Daisy, Snake, Pichu, Simon/Richter, Ridley, Rosalina, Palutena, Chrom, Pokemon Trainer, and then of course when a new Smash game comes out u have to just ~try out~ all the new characters so I'll be doing that too

Overall: 16 characters!!!
cute

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'm maining Zelda, trying to be competitive with Cloud, DDD and Puff, with a side of Inklings, Belmonts, Dark Samus, Ike and looking into DHD, Bowser Jr., R.O.B., Snake and Ivysaur and if I can figure out their traps, With K. Rool probably added in there somewhere but I need to see more of him.

A purely for fun interest in the Links, G&W, Pac-Man, WFT, Lil Mac and the Earthbound kids if I can figure out their recoveries :p

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Valkyria Chronicles 4 fans? :nifty::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda:

So I've finished Earthbound. Yeah, it was probably thanks to Chugga LPing it that made me just go and finish it all. Since I put it off for several months, then picked it back up again; feels great man.

I'll admit, back in Melee. I used to hate Ness solely because of his design, he just didn't look cool at all. But now, since I've finished Earthbound, I can say that I really like him. He's a good kid.

Also, I'm planning on trying out the VC4 Demo on Switch, and the Beta for DBFZ is out on Switch too. So if you guys wanna give them a try, you can right now. :yeahboi:

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
btw :hanenbow:LEGALIZE :hanenbow: HANENBOW:hanenbow:
Shouldn't it be legal in the first place? I mean, I don't like the stage but I don't think it has any hazards or anything of that sort. And even if it does, can't we just turn them off?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Circle camping. It's one of the easiest stages to invalidate half the cast by timeout.

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
Seeing as how we're now able to swim in Tortimer Island, it'd be amazing if you could also swim at Great Bay and Hanenbow!!! I loved Great Bay so much back in Melee and I'm so glad to see it back. it's literally so beautiful now (along with all of the other Melee stages). honestly I loved Melee's stage selection. So many good choices; Peach's Castle, Rainbow Cruise, Great Bay, Temple, Big Blue, Corneria, Venom!!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Seeing as how we're now able to swim in Tortimer Island, it'd be amazing if you could also swim at Great Bay and Hanenbow!!! I loved Great Bay so much back in Melee and I'm so glad to see it back. it's literally so beautiful now (along with all of the other Melee stages). honestly I loved Melee's stage selection. So many good choices; Peach's Castle, Rainbow Cruise, Great Bay, Temple, Big Blue, Corneria, Venom!!
If you can't swim in a stage introduced in a game that invented swimming...

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
My main list only has 2 characters. Female Wii Fit Trainer and Male Wii Fit Trainer. I think the variety that both characters offer will be enough to cover a good number of matchups.
But really, I could see myself picking up Dark and standard Samus, but they'd most likely be a secondary. Although I never end up maining the character I say I'll end up maining (even if I did main them in an earlier game) so I'll probably end up maining some random nobody like... R.O.B. That sounds so gross to say but it'll happen and I know it and I hate it.
Shouldn't it be legal in the first place? I mean, I don't like the stage but I don't think it has any hazards or anything of that sort. And even if it does, can't we just turn them off?
It's easy to circle camp like Spy said, and some of the platforms are extremely close to the sides/ceiling so you can throw someone at like 50% to kill them if they're close enough. The platforms also violently tilt whenever you hit them which could mess up combos or recoveries, although that would probably be turned off thanks to the hazard toggle (but it's still gonna be banned so it doesn't matter much anyways).

Either way it should still be legal. Even better, make it the only legal stage. It's still more balanced than meter final smashes. :secretkpop:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
It would make sense. LBW design is the perfect time to add a Hilda palette swap but it's nowhere to be seen. It's also great for those who prefer their Zelda to be a bit more stone cold and slightly ****** like TP Zelda..
That's not why I like TP Zelda. You say cold, I say stoic. You say "******," I say regal and elegant. As a TP Zelda fan, Hilda has no appeal for me.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
That's not why I like TP Zelda. You say cold, I say stoic. You say "******," I say regal and elegant. As a TP Zelda fan, Hilda has no appeal for me.

I'd want a TP Zelda before a Hilda pallette swap. That evil heaux made her bed and now she can lie 'n' die in it even if purple is a top tier color.

Last edited:

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
It's easy to circle camp like Spy said, and some of the platforms are extremely close to the sides/ceiling so you can throw someone at like 50% to kill them if they're close enough. The platforms also violently tilt whenever you hit them which could mess up combos or recoveries, although that would probably be turned off thanks to the hazard toggle (but it's still gonna be banned so it doesn't matter much anyways).

Either way it should still be legal. Even better, make it the only legal stage. It's still more balanced than meter final smashes. :secretkpop:
Anything but that! Have mercy on our poor souls.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Super Smash Con fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty::ultzelda:

Also, first off. Good games evmaxy54 evmaxy54 !

For those wondering, I caught maXy in the EU Lobby in BBTAG and we had a couple of games. He's good at this game.

I did like how you were throwing out a single 5A to bait out DPs, that was a very good ploy and to get some strong punishes, I should definitely add that into my list of defensive tactics. Your Vatista is very good, your Orie I do feel like you could improve a bit, since I did see you were dropping her Air to Ground combo.

I do need to work on my Yuzuriha more since I've noticed I've been starting to drop Yuzu's j236B>5A. That or it doesn't work on some characters, but I will try and make my Gordeau not as. Basic. Then again, it's hard to make Gordeau's Neutral not basic.

Also, I dunno why; but I've been thinking of trying out Nine the Phantom; but her damage output is kind off a turn off for me. Despite her oki and unblockable setups being amazing. (Then again, Hakumen has amazing damage; but you don't see him in the Top Tiers.)

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
That direct was pretty cool, as for my main list: Zelda, Sheik, and Richter(Blue fire looks SWEET) + possibly Pokemon trainer(And Bayo(og skin) IF she gets nerfed appropriately)
I'm still apprehensive about Zelda, Simon/Richter will be at least safe since they are new (love that whip extension of the neutral game and "full control of the whip" sounds like he is going to be a really difficult character to use to full effect, hate that uppercut though, but whatever). Pokemon trainer...idk, I'll have to play him/her and see, switching mid-battle is what got me into Shielda and what made me love Zelda as a character.
If they add Crash or Spyro. I'm walking out of the house and buying a switch with a smash pre-order THAT moment.
Then there is also Kitana, but I'm not really hoping for her mostly because she would be the next Bayo with those fans in mid-air lol. She has a kit that would doom her to the bottom or make her so above the cast it's terrible. Even MK is afraid to buff her because she just pushes the boundary of the game so far and any buff snowballs on her like crazy.
I'm still on the fence about KKR, cool I guess? I don't really get all his hype...uh congrats I suppose.
Also, I am using that Castlevania stage for FD and Battlefield with that sweet selection of music. Every time.

The new meter rule also seems really cool (And reminds me of a fan-game), I always practiced with final smashes on because they freshened up the training, if they would get balanced accordingly I could totally see them used in competitive since you no longer need to chase the stupid ball, so long as Bayonetta, and Zelda's threshold for an instant kill is raised of course (with balancing, again). Also dodging a Marth final smash was the best thing ever and dodging them is super satisfying in general and not too hard to do for most final smashes (Sonics was always a huge pain though (-_-) )
However, Most of the meter stuff would depend on how it's generated, over time = buff to campy playstyles, based on hits = buff to projectile camping and long combo based characters, based on taking damage = rage mechanic(was that considered good or bad overall?), etc...
MK is a good example here, Kitana is pretty much the de-facto spammer of enhanced moves because fan tossing is so easy and done in every combo multiple times, and special moves generate the most meter just by being used. A lot of the possible viability comes from how it generates.
Meter probably ends up unused in the end, though I love that they are still experimenting with final smashes.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That direct was pretty cool, as for my main list: Zelda, Sheik, and Richter(Blue fire looks SWEET) + possibly Pokemon trainer(And Bayo(og skin) IF she gets nerfed appropriately)
I'm still apprehensive about Zelda, Simon/Richter will be at least safe since they are new (love that whip extension of the neutral game and "full control of the whip" sounds like he is going to be a really difficult character to use to full effect, hate that uppercut though, but whatever).
Most Castlevania players know that the knife is one of the worst subweapons there is unless special things are done with it. I don't know if uppercutting with it specifically comes from a game, but it's a clever use of it nonetheless.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Truthfully, I'm entering this game casually. Belmonts look like SOLID characters (angleable aerials?! So cool!) but I mean, there's just too much stuff in this game for me to not want to play it for funsies more than anything else.

Smash 4 didn't even offer half of the wild stuff this game had until like 2 years into its lifespan.

Y'all can tell who I'm jumping on first, though.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I know the Eevee event is still going on in PoGo. Even if the Eevees caught won't be 100% useful in battle since Last Resort lacks STAB and has no super-effective coverage. On the plus side it is quite a powerful attack that's on par with Hyper Beam, except faster and has the 180 spread across 2 charges. But again, it's still normal type and Eevees caught during the event will not have Last Resort changed when evolving.

I caught 3 shiny Eevees. But the only shinies worth having are Vaporeon bcuz purple and Glaceon because Purple Merfox or Snow Gorl. Sadly I already used the name trick for the 3 main gorls, so there's no way I'd be able to force a Vaporeon outcome. Also Last Resort is kinda meh, I'd rather have super-effective attackers.

https://twitter.com/SUGOI_ven/status/1026602750883164160
https://twitter.com/SUGOI_ven/status/1026921732492283904

this is SO interesting and i am SO going to lab with this when i get ultimate wowowow
Ven discovered the reason why Zelda should be unironically banned. It's happening gorls.

T H I S
I S
H A P P E N I N G

haha jk she will still be zelda so whoopsie she's not allowed to be good

Top Bottom