• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Some of us Zelda mains have wondered about the correlation between sexuality and maining Zelda, so I've made a poll to examine the facts more objectively. It'd be great if you could fill it out so we can get some insight into our Zelda community.

http://goo.gl/forms/recB9tFOD9 is the link. Thanks!

kingofconeyisland

Smash Rookie
NNID
coneyislandking
I think there's a bigger correlation with sexuality and maining female characters in general. In my opinion it is a queer thing to main Zelda or any other female character. I think what's more important though is to play as someone you're most comfortable with, so sexuality and character choice shouldnt really matter. There was a thread similar to this in the debate hall you should check it out.
Peach is my main, but Zelda is one my many secondaries. Is it cool that i did the poll?

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I basically agree with all of what you just said. And that's fine :) thanks for the input.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sexuality has nothing to do with maining a female character like Zelda (I don't actually main her but I do use her from time to time). I main my characters based on their background, personality and stuff.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I prefer playing female characters for a lot of reasons. Primarily, my preference is visual. I would rather watch a female character fight a battle than a male character. The feminine characteristics of their movements and overall aesthetics are much more appealing to my eye than the more masculine traits portrayed by the rest of the cast.

I am most drawn to complex, multidimensional female characters with some depth rather than many of the 'token female' characters in a lot of games (like Peach). My main is Palutena for these reasons, and as soon as Bayo gets here, she will take that place and shift everyone else. Bayonetta is one of the greatest female VG characters of all time and I can't wait for her to be released.

Last edited:

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
I main DDD so do I have an inflation fetish?

I never would have posited a correlation between smash mains and sexuality, but now that you think of it. I think it's more telling of a person's sexuality if they prefer to play male characters.

I play Zelda because she's the prettiest princess, and my sexual preference is landing bair on falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom