• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Move Tier list

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
S Up Tilt, FSmash, Uair, Phantom, Up Throw

a: Jab, Neutral Sp, Dash Attack, Up Special, Bthrow

b DSmash, Nair, Dair, DT

c, Forward Tilt, FAir, Bair, Grab, FThrow

d Down Tilt, USmash,

f Side Special

Tiers not ordered

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to do my own take, and some explanations as to why:

S: Phantom, Utilt, Neutral B
A: Dash Attack, Dtilt, Jab, Nair, Dair, Up B, Uair, Kicks, Dthrow, Bthrow
B: FSmash, Ftilt, DSmash, USmash
C: Side B, Uthrow
D: FThrow

I tried ordering as best as I could, but they're not 100% specific.
Some "why"s:

Dtilt:

Dtilt is easily one of her most underused moves, and it opens up her combo game into the broken Dtilt > Kick confirm. I consistently kill at 50-60, thanks to it. It's also one of her safest pokes on shield, if you use it well.

Nair:

Also underrated, and it's probably your main and only real tool to contest jumps and other aerials. Nair1 combos into Kick at any percent. Also one of her safer aerials, just not against the entire cast.

Dthrow & Bthrow:
Dthrow is your only real combo throw, and it can confirm into kills, depending on DI. Even if it doesn't lead to a garantee kill, it still gives you really good room for a good read (i.e airdodge read).

Bthrow is your best killthrow, and I consistently kill at 110-120 with it. Uthrow won't kill until like 150, even if the positioning is more consistent.

FSmash vs. Ftilt:

Ftilt is underrated, and it's basically FSmash minus the duration in exchange for more speed and less cooldown, not to mention the angling hitbox. It kills about as well as FSmash, and it's only "drawback" is your precision with it.

I think FSmash is mildly overrated, and it feels like the only real premise is dash away > FSmash and expecting your opponent to fall for it. It's good for ledgetrapping, but it's not all too different from what Ftilt can do.

Dair:
Easily one of the best Dairs in the game, and not just as a spike. It has a lot of margin for error given it's range and duration, and it can even beat out a couple of moves from above. Her best combo tool by far, can kill characters as early as 40% thanks to it. It's also, ironically, her safest move on shield.

Her normals in general are really underrated, and it's ironic, because they open up to her broken combo game and tech chases. Dash Attack is really good for whiff punishing and catching landings, Jab1 is a lot better than Rapid Jab for it's pokes and mixup abilities, Nair is the closest thing she has to a convenience aerial she can just throw out and cover multiple options, etc.

Last edited:

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
Yeah. People see her as just phantom, but she has very good normals, that either kill, or have good combo potential she couldn't live without. She is also seen as a non combo character, but her combos are short, sweet, and powerful. I mean people need to stop putting her in low tier, she has everything you need. She does have a pretty bad disadvantage though.

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
I'm going to do my own take, and some explanations as to why:

S: Phantom, Utilt, Neutral B
A: Dash Attack, Dtilt, Jab, Nair, Dair, Up B, Uair, Kicks, Dthrow, Bthrow
B: FSmash, Ftilt, DSmash, USmash
C: Side B, Uthrow
D: FThrow

I tried ordering as best as I could, but they're not 100% specific.
Some "why"s:

Dtilt:

Dtilt is easily one of her most underused moves, and it opens up her combo game into the broken Dtilt > Kick confirm. I consistently kill at 50-60, thanks to it. It's also one of her safest pokes on shield, if you use it well.

Nair:

Also underrated, and it's probably your main and only real tool to contest jumps and other aerials. Nair1 combos into Kick at any percent. Also one of her safer aerials, just not against the entire cast.

Dthrow & Bthrow:
Dthrow is your only real combo throw, and it can confirm into kills, depending on DI. Even if it doesn't lead to a garantee kill, it still gives you really good room for a good read (i.e airdodge read).

Bthrow is your best killthrow, and I consistently kill at 110-120 with it. Uthrow won't kill until like 150, even if the positioning is more consistent.

FSmash vs. Ftilt:

Ftilt is underrated, and it's basically FSmash minus the duration in exchange for more speed and less cooldown, not to mention the angling hitbox. It kills about as well as FSmash, and it's only "drawback" is your precision with it.

I think FSmash is mildly overrated, and it feels like the only real premise is dash away > FSmash and expecting your opponent to fall for it. It's good for ledgetrapping, but it's not all too different from what Ftilt can do.

Dair:
Easily one of the best Dairs in the game, and not just as a spike. It has a lot of margin for error given it's range and duration, and it can even beat out a couple of moves from above. Her best combo tool by far, can kill characters as early as 40% thanks to it. It's also, ironically, her safest move on shield.

Her normals in general are really underrated, and it's ironic, because they open up to her broken combo game and tech chases. Dash Attack is really good for whiff punishing and catching landings, Jab1 is a lot better than Rapid Jab for it's pokes and mixup abilities, Nair is the closest thing she has to a convenience aerial she can just throw out and cover multiple options, etc.
I have one little correction though. I am actually a believer she has one as the best Uthrows in the game. It kills in places back throw can't, It has a low amount of endlag so it can combo into Uair at low percents, and it is animated amazingly. But it doesn't really matter though. I feel like the rest is really quite accurate. As a pokemon trainer co- main, I am in love with kill throws, so the point she has two is a blessing. Some character have more than two, but I don't really like lucas, and mewtwo isnt really that good.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I want to like Uthrow more, but it's not as strong as I want it to be. It's there as an emergency killmove, but you ever rarely find your opponents that high to really need it. I'm also glad we have killthrows, and I'm probably not exaggerating if I say half my kills come from Bthrow at under 120.

Yeah. People see her as just phantom, but she has very good normals, that either kill, or have good combo potential she couldn't live without. She is also seen as a non combo character, but her combos are short, sweet, and powerful. I mean people need to stop putting her in low tier, she has everything you need. She does have a pretty bad disadvantage though.
Ironically, I don't really use Phantom or Neutral B that much, but I do recognize them as one of her best moves. I think her disadvantage is overstimated, honestly. I don't feel it's that bad, because she's one of the few characters that can hang on the ledge and make you back off, so she can get off the ledge against most characters for free (yes, you read that right). Neutral isn't that bad of a mixup, either, because it forces your opponent to have to backup or try to shield it, she some stall mixups as well being able to tank attacks (like Olimar's Down B) if you time it right.

She'll also never really get gimped, so that's big bonus.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
S: Phantom, Dair, Pivot Grab
A: Fsmash, Nair, Uair, Utilt, FW
B: Dtilt, Usmash, Dsmash, LKs, throws, NL
C: Ftilt, Fthrow
D: Dins, grab
not (F)rame 11: Jab

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
What do you mean? Jab is Frame 4 in Ultimate. ):
He's making wordplay on US letter grading (there's no E) and the fact that Smash 4's Jab was frame 11 and Ultimate's is not. I think he's saying that its not Smash 4 Jab and so he thinks it gets an F.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
He's making wordplay on US letter grading (there's no E) and the fact that Smash 4's Jab was frame 11 and Ultimate's is not. I think he's saying that its not Smash 4 Jab and so he thinks it gets an F.
Smash 4 Jab is SS tier

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
I think the inconsistency of why people say she's low tier doesn't make much sense. I'm not a high level player by any means, but I find a lot of their reasons to be pretty inconsistent. Especially when what they use can apply to others. That being said her disadvantage state is easily one of the worst in the game.

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
For me it would be

S: Phantom, U-Tilt, Nayru, Farore, D-air (post buff)
A: F-Smash, Pivot Grab, Jab (post buff) U-Air, D-Throw
B: Dash Attack, Kicks, B-Throw, F-Tilt, U-Throw
C: D-Smash, D-Tilt, F-Throw
D: Dins

stixie

Smash Apprentice
Zelda is high tier IMO.

I've thought that since the 7.0 buffs.

Anyways, my list:

S: down-b, ftilt (if you don't use this move, i'd reconsider... it's the best ftilt in the game), jab, pivot grab (best in game i THINK)
A: utilt, dair, side-b (go lab this, i've labbed this move for hours and hours and I get at least one kill per game with this), up-b, d-throw, all smash attacks, uair
B: dtilt, fair/bair, neutral-b, b-throw, u-throw, d-attack (great move for catching landings and for tech chasing... it kills too)
C: nair (please nintendo for the love of pete... FIX THIS STUPID MOVE... rant over)
D: normal grab, dash grab (only because she's slow), f-throw

FSmash vs. Ftilt:

So, this is actually pretty good insight though I still think you underrate ftilt. Ftilt has the highest knockback of any ftilt in the game (except MAYBE Kazuya, I haven't tested him because... honestly I don't care). Tipper ftilt kills midweights at 75% on the ledge and does 18.9%. Yes you read that correctly... EIGHTEEN POINT NINE PERCENT. Basically it's a ground based lightning kick. It's extremely powerful and has a ton of range. It's a frame 12 move, so you'll mostly be using this to wiff punish and catch ledge getups but it's a great great move. I think it's WAY better than fsmash.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
pivot grab (best in game i THINK)
I’m pretty sure that Mythra’s is better. Faster + about the same range. The grab box is smaller but she also leans forward so its the same range.

S: Phantom, pivot grab, F-tilt, up-air, Dair, F-smash
A: Down-tilt, Up-tilt, all throws, Jab, Up smash
B: BAIR, fair, nair, dash attack, up b
C: Side B, neutral b, down smash
D: grab, dash grab

Top Bottom