• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda in teams?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh wow, a slightly new thread in the zelda boards. This is a really late response but anyway...

Zelda is much better in teams than she is individually (this is true for most low tiers actually). I just play really safe and get kicks in when I can. Any time your teammate hits an opponent in your direction -- kick that dude in the face. Zelda usually just gets a bunch of kills while your teammate deals a lot of the initial damage. Also keep in mind that she is still slow so you can't just camp all day or else your teammate will get double teamed

TheLake

Smash Master
I looooooooooove zelda in teams;

She works really well against certain characters like floaties

Dont pick her with sheik or foxes on the board

unless your feeling frisky

no shame there

but against icys and floaties shes got solid kill poetential

and can tank fairly well

big flaw is your very immobile

so try to team with someone you can keep up and honor their space

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I teamed w/ Cosmo at a tournament last month (I went Fox, not DK) and Zelda is AWFUL in teams (even worse than I originally thought) because of how retardedly slow she is at everything. If you fight even average-level teams they'll realize pretty quick that you can almost literally ignore Zelda completely in the vast majority of engages and just 2v1 the other guy. She's also one of the worst characters at landing grabs, which are crucial in doubles. Hate to say it, but most Zeldas are probably better off going a secondary in doubles unless you've got serious practice and experience with each other.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, her mobility is definitely a problem, especially her vertical speed (that awful double jump).

On that note, What do you guys think are the most effective/ineffective team partners for Zelda?

Thanks for the responses everyone :D

TheLake

Smash Master
Kirby if your armada *bows*

another zelda if you want to go for that quick win over the horizon

falcon if your against double floaties

Yoshi if you feel like growing a couple extra testicles

sheik if you understand the power of passion and the ides of controlling your destiny through defiance

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I don't tend to play Zelda in teams very often, but I'd assume having a teammate with a good grab game would be ideal. That way you can get some free kicks while still being slow old Zelda. It's also best if you're against floaties because their recoveries are usually as slow as your overall movement.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking about starting a thread about how cute Zelda is because this board is so slow, but then I saw this thread and was reminded how much I like playing Zelda, how much I like teams, and how much I like playing Zelda in teams. I will hopefully get to play some teams with her two weekends from now, but I don't know if they will record any of it because I'm a nobody. ;_;

I'll ask though.

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
if u wanna swag with zelda in teams, her dtilt is like the best move ever for partner wobbling
like when you hit it on the groung they do the rolly polly gizmo and have a bunch of hitstun without actually getting popped up (this move would be so good for zelda if it didnt have such lag man) so really good also for getting your partner to get agrab or swaging out in 2v1

Also its a spike so

Last edited:
Top Bottom