• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zebes Counterpick Stage Poll

Do you want Zebes as a counterpick stage?

• Total voters

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
I'v played the game 1 year after launch.
I play it competitively.
Every week I play with competitive scene players.
We do random stages besides Z and Mushroom kingdom, due to size and broken layout.
Zebes is good in forcing different map plays and spacing.
Also if you screw up in the first place your going to get punished anyway.
The lava adds to it.
Whats the difference in abusing Tornadoes in Hyrule?
Thats right.
Nothing.
We have fun on the map and the close platforms, ceiling heights makes it very playable and versatile with all characters.
Even with DK.
Please get better and stop crying about a not so threatening hazard.
This isn't Big Blue or poke floats like in Melee.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Large annoying all red post
Lava forces uncommon approaches. Hyrules mostly don't do this but their issue is their random factor, especially the fast tornadoes. There are many people who want Hyrule to be a counterpick due to this reason. Anyway, this isn't the hyrule topic.

Imagine a Kirby on the top platform using u-tilt as they know the lava is coming up to the top platform. The opponent is virtually forced to run into it as Kirby's up tilt covers 3/4th of the platform (maybe 90% of it?) due to its well broken hitbox. Free combos due to forced lava. Others can be found rather easily. If anything the stage will get more broken once peopl remember the timing of the lava as they could force people to approach when they don't want to.

The melee community is different but they had a very similar reason to ban Pokefloats (which I/you may/may not agree with)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lava forces uncommon approaches. Hyrules mostly don't do this but their issue is their random factor, especially the fast tornadoes. There are many people who want Hyrule to be a counterpick due to this reason. Anyway, this isn't the hyrule topic.

Imagine a Kirby on the top platform using u-tilt as they know the lava is coming up to the top platform. The opponent is virtually forced to run into it as Kirby's up tilt covers 3/4th of the platform (maybe 90% of it?) due to its well broken hitbox. Free combos due to forced lava. Others can be found rather easily. If anything the stage will get more broken once peopl remember the timing of the lava as they could force people to approach when they don't want to.

The melee community is different but they had a very similar reason to ban Pokefloats (which I/you may/may not agree with)
Koro you know you voted for Yes right lol

Yobolight

Smash Lord
The lava isn't random. If you use your brain you should be controlling the space you should be controlling.

Olikus

Smash Champion
The lava isn't random. If you use your brain you should be controlling the space you should be controlling.
its still a big gamebreaking hazard. Just because we use our brain as you so gentle pointed out, to see the pattern doesnt make it all good. One thing is on congo, where you can time your launch by the barrel movement pattern. But move your entire fight someplace else, run away or focus more on dodgning the lava rather than face your opponent, isnt okay just because you know the pattern. A game hazzard is on many level similar to items, since it affects the gameplay between 1v1, whit advantages, different focuses, and so on.

The Star King

Smash Hero
you know, if you look at <3 from a different perspective it doesn't look like a loveheart at all

it looks like something much worse
I actually thought it was something worse the first time I started seeing that on the internet. lol.

Top Bottom