• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zack Fair tournament legal project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@ Tcll Tcll

It's interesting that you point out PM being a mod as a flaw when you yourself are a modder (or at least someone writing a utility for modding). Why should that be important? Isn't the final product the important part? Not how hard you worked on it?
not entirely sure I fully grasp what you're trying to say >.>

the only extremely major flaw with PM is the ledge grabbing, the rest of the flaw is the stuck-up devs who can't seem to tell their hand from their shoe when it comes to making proper changes to PM,
oh and lets not forget the tournement hosts with their messed up laws, such as allowing Delfino Plaza even though it has only 1 second of walk-off which anyone can take advantage of for the very reason walk-off stages are banned, and apparently even going as far as banning characters for being low-teir...
that's not verified information though, but knowing how messed up the tournaments can be, I can believe alot of it.

I don't want to go to an official tourney because they don't know their stuff anymore

but yea, that even plays a small part in my hatred towards PM

it seems like competitive play is all about being a cheap douche and not about how well you fight with a character.

>Complaining about game mods

>
no thanks, this isn't intended to last long ;)
opefully this is the last post and people will take over their disputes with me on skype.

Last edited:

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
@ Tcll Tcll I may have misunderstood some of what you were saying (I kinda just skimmed through your posts haha). I thought you were saying that one of the reasons you don't like PM is because it's a mod, not an actual game.
(btw, I just reread what I posted earlier and it sounded a LOT more passive aggressive than I meant for it to haha. Please don't take it the wrong way or anything)

Last edited:

CasualNick

Smash Rookie
@ Tcll Tcll

It's interesting that you point out PM being a mod as a flaw when you yourself are a modder (or at least someone writing a utility for modding). Why should that be important? Isn't the final product the important part? Not how hard you worked on it?

Disclaimer: I'm not a PM fanboy, I'm in the same boat is schmooblidon. I very rarely play the game and much prefer melee. I'm also not trying to stir up an argument, I'm just genuinely curious haha.
He didn't say it was a flaw.

Edit: Didn't realize there were more posts.

Last edited:

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Oh yeah I forgot about all those pichu mains that won those majors that one time.
not sure if sarcasm

it's not may fault everyone thinks he's bad just because he hurts himself

EDIT:
btw, I'm not mad even though I sound offencive, alright :)
please don't take me for a hot-head ;)

I really don't mean any harm with anything I'm saying

Last edited:

CloudAngealZack

Smash Cadet
Let's be real here. Nintendo have collabed with square many times, so it isn't that farfetched an ff char gets into smash4. But even in the unlikely situation it happens, it's not going to be zack, it would be cloud if game specific (which would maybe make a little more sense with the ff7 remake), but it'd likely be something non-game specific like moogle, cactuar or black mage or something.

So please don't wait for nintendo on this one, if it really is your dream (kinda lame dream tbh, and thats coming from me) then become a master modder, or get rich enough to buy the rights of melee and zack. My advice, pick a different dream, one that won't give you only a couple of days of joy.

And why zack anyway? He is like baby cloud, he is so damn cliche and clueless. Now I want black mage in PM.
I wouldn't mind one bit if Cloud got in. Just would prefer Zack over Cloud. For me it Zack, then Angeal and Cloud last.

Don't tell me to pick a different dream. Didn't ask for your condescending opinions.

May I ask how old you are?
Old enough

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I forgot about all those Peach mains winning apex :)
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Armada
Better record than any pichu main. ;)

not sure if sarcasm

it's not may fault everyone thinks he's bad just because he hurts himself

EDIT:
btw, I'm not mad even though I sound offencive, alright :)
please don't take me for a hot-head ;)

I really don't mean any harm with anything I'm saying
Im just teasing. You can believe or not in tiers, i don't care, but you can't really argue with results.
If i may ask, whats wrong with PM's ledge mechanics? I play it casually but i've never noticed anything too wonky.

Also, i know you hate it/don't want it be considered a game but video games in general have a very long history of mods becoming "real' games and replacing their original (See: Dota, Left 4 Dead, anything else valve related), and its pretty undeniable that PM is by far the most popular/played mod for any smash game, probably outplacing even 20xx mod for melee.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Im just teasing. You can believe or not in tiers, i don't care, but you can't really argue with results.
actually, considering this is Pichu I'm talking about, I kinda can due to the lack of players.
if M2K (or any well known smash-king) was a Pichu main and actually mastered him to take no damage throughout a fight, I'm sure he'd be alot higher up...

If i may ask, whats wrong with PM's ledge mechanics? I play it casually but i've never noticed anything too wonky.
well, I havn't actually played it recently, but as of my last play, you could chin-bump the ledge and still miss the grab.
(considering I play as Pika)

Last edited:

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
He had to go Young Link to secure that win ;)
40+ wins without it. I dig it.

actually, considering this is Pichu I'm talking about, I kinda can due to the lack of players.
if M2K (or any well known smash-king) was a Pichu main and actually mastered him to take no damage throughout a fight, I'm sure he'd be alot higher up...

well, I havn't actually played it recently, but as of my last play, you could chin-bump the ledge and still miss the grab.
(considering I play as Pika)
Ever thought there was a reason these very talented players don't main Pichu...?
I mean you dont see players struggling with character difficulties going to Pichu to solve it, they go to fox/falco/marth/sheik/etc.

Also making blind allegations on a game you haven't played is very.... not cool. :p

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Ever thought there was a reason these very talented players don't main Pichu...?
<<< because he hurts himself (as I pointed out others have cried about earlier)
>>> get over it people, you can do just as good w/o those moves, or use them wisely, such as Thunder

Also making blind allegations on a game you haven't played is very.... not cool. :p
not exactly blind... I said I havn't played the update, but from what friends are telling me, it's still just as bad as what I have played.
and I actually had to point that out to one of my friends over a skype video-call before he agreed with me.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
<<< because he hurts himself (as I pointed out others have cried about earlier)
>>> get over it people, you can do just as good w/o those moves, or use them wisely, such as Thunder

not exactly blind... I said I havn't played the update, but from what friends are telling me, it's still just as bad as what I have played.
and I actually had to point that out to one of my friends over a skype video-call before he agreed with me.
Im pretty sure if you play a game for 12 years you explore all your options, not just "ew he hurts himself he must suck" for a lifetime. I mean, everyone thought jiggs sucked because her down b didnt do anything.

Either way, you're massively criticizing something you've never experienced yourself. I don't find that very respectable.

Look man, you're open to your own opinions and thats cool, you're perfectly allowed to think pichu is a top tier, i just personally think thats ridiculous considering no one in 12+ years has had any significant results.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Either way, you're massively criticizing something you've never experienced yourself. I don't find that very respectable.
again with the "never"
if I hadn't experienced PM, I wouldn't hate it as bad as I do
done, and done.

so I'd experienced it, just not the update, which I'm told is just as bad...

you're perfectly allowed to think pichu is a top tier
woah woah WOAH!
I said Pichu was good, I never said he was a top
watch where you put your words there good sir. ;)

Last edited:

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
again with the "never"
if I hadn't experienced PM, I wouldn't hate it as bad as I do
done, and done.

so I'd experienced it, just not the update, which I'm told is just as bad...

woah woah WOAH!
I said Pichu was good, I never said he was a top
watch where you put your words there good sir. ;)
"Never" as in never the current patch, but still criticizing PM as a whole. My words were fine bud.
But w/e. Not worth arguing. Bring pichu to evo friend, show everyone your mastery. I'll be waitin.

CasualNick

Smash Rookie
Bring pichu to evo friend, show everyone your mastery. I'll be waitin.
What you said has the same ring to it as someone on the internet saying "I don't agree with what your saying. Come over to my house so I can beat the crap out of you and show you that I'm right"

Last edited:

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@Skin: you're gonna hate me because I suck in general... lol
I don't think fast enough to play like the robot M2K... yet

for a start, you could take the TAS challenge and clear very hard with no damage with Pichu.

divekicked

Smash Cadet
All this PM stuff not being a game is just arguing semantics, if you were hosting a SDR tournament you wouldn't advertise it as a Melee tournament, of course they aren't real games but why would you refer to them by their base game? Also, i have no idea how this thread went from zack fair being in Melee to PM not being a real game haha

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
All this PM stuff not being a game is just arguing semantics, if you were hosting a SDR tournament you wouldn't advertise it as a Melee tournament, of course they aren't real games but why would you refer to them by their base game?
the argument wasn't about that, it was about the community of idiots calling PM it's own game rather than a mod of a game, and getting hot-headed at the fact it's a mod and not a game.
and that being one of the minor reasons I hate PM.

Also, i have no idea how this thread went from zack fair being in Melee to PM not being a real game haha
lol because a nerve was struck when someone mentioned PM

EDIT:
btw, the PM discussion was over a while ago ;)
it's been about the dispute about Pichu ever since ;)

the issue with zack has kindof already been solved if I'm right >_>

Last edited:

divekicked

Smash Cadet
lol because a nerve was struck when someone mentioned PM
its not that serious lol. its okay to not like something but making a scene about it when its only mentioned and calling them a fanboy is super cringey and out of left field

Last edited:

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
yeh, although these last few posts it's been about the dispute over Pichu, which seems kindof over now >.>

I can help Cloud with learning about what's needed to port Zack in Brawl or whatever :)
(it's not quite possible in Melee yet, as the realms are still a little unknown)
^I don't have the patience to test constantly re-writing a modded Melee ISO to my dual-formatted USB on linux and booting up DIOS MIOS to load it.

Dolphin freezes when I try to open the settings to set up my GCN controller...

would be nice if there was a gecko FPC for Melee

Last edited:

CloudAngealZack

Smash Cadet
I feel like too much fun happened on this thread... Wondering when it'll be closed...
I hope they don't close it. They locked it the first time I posted this on melee discussion. ****in Neo Zero **** that guy
http://smashboards.com/threads/im-going-to-get-zack-fair-into-melee-help-needed.406936/

I can help Cloud with learning about what's needed to port Zack in Brawl or whatever :)
(it's not quite possible in Melee yet, as the realms are still a little unknown)
Thanks for the offer but unless Zack is usable in pm tournaments I feel its futile. Not that I'm in any position to be picky. Maybe if there was a hacked charcters pm scene I would be more pumped to go through with it. I just don't want to commit ungodly amount of energy into it without knowing where it'll lead to.

Last edited:

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Thanks for the offer but unless Zack is usable in pm tournaments I feel its futile,
maybe not at APEX or EVO, but there's always local-friendlies where hacked characters are perfectly legal ;)

EDIT:
and yes, I'm all about keeping character physics and such... basically, you could play my model ports on WIFI. ;)

btw, here's a tip about wifi:
the PAC itself causes a desync if included (PCS hacks alone don't desync)

I've tried it with DP (my ava)...
my opponent selected DP while I selected another color.
(if I select DP and they select DP, I'll see a clone of the PCS (no desync), so I had to select another color to test)

for those who don't know, DP is currently only a model/texture hack, so there's nothing to cause a desync.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Thanks for the offer but unless Zack is usable in pm tournaments I feel its futile. Not that I'm in any position to be picky. Maybe if there was a hacked charcters pm scene I would be more pumped to go through with it. I just don't want to commit ungodly amount of energy into it without knowing where it'll lead to.
You need to be realistic. Custom characters in melee, not gonna happen. Smash 4? Maybe but probably not the one you want. Brawl is completely doable since it's an easy to hack game. Project M can be a possibility too, it's harder than Brawl but still definitely doable.

The thing is you need to accept that unless he was put in Smash 4 or Project M officially (both extremely unlikely) he will NEVER be a tournament-legal character. You'll be lucky if you get him working in Brawl/PM to play with at your friends at best. Nobody allows modded crap at tournaments for the most part.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@ Y-L Y-L : yo watch it, I'm working on getting custom characters in melee bro. ;)
however, it won't be possible anytime soon...

playing with bones and even structure sizes in this format is a. nono
(anything added will need to be placed between the data and relocations kinda like what FortWaffles did with Brawl)
^ anything less than that will throw off the system

also, about the tourney-legal thing, it depends on the tourney.
maybe not at APEX or EVO, but there's always local-friendlies where hacked characters are perfectly legal ;)

Last edited:

CloudAngealZack

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
You need to be realistic. Custom characters in melee, not gonna happen. Smash 4? Maybe but probably not the one you want. Brawl is completely doable since it's an easy to hack game. Project M can be a possibility too, it's harder than Brawl but still definitely doable.

The thing is you need to accept that unless he was put in Smash 4 or Project M officially (both extremely unlikely) he will NEVER be a tournament-legal character. You'll be lucky if you get him working in Brawl/PM to play with at your friends at best. Nobody allows modded crap at tournaments for the most part.
This is the most toxic thread ever lol

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
@ CloudAngealZack CloudAngealZack - I recommend doing some of your own research before making a thread like this. Modding is very difficult, and you're wanting something that hasn't been done before in Melee hacking. Very intelligent people have spent a lot of time in Melee's innards, and haven't even gotten close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom