Yuri Lowenthal Appreciation Thread

Quillion

Smash Champion
I'm kinda going to miss Hikaru Midorikawa, though. His Marth was the perfect symbol of a franchise that had yet to make it big outside of Japan.

3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
NNID
BGenius23
There are none. We’ve only heard Lowenthal in Ultimate in the presentation, where he says “Keep your eyes open!”

This is Marth’s voice in the latest FE title, so it’s pretty much what he’ll sound like in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
Premium
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
NNID
OpossumGuy
In addition to the Heroes clips above, his support conversations in Warriors also showcase his voice well.

Banjodorf

Echoes let's go!
Premium
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
NNID
bluefalcon27
I recognized him immediately in the Direct and I am beyond hype! Ever since they found a consistent, prominent English VA for Marth, I'd hoped it was only a matter of time. I love Yuri's Marth and his work in general. He really does "underdog or uncertain hero" characters well.

3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
NNID
BGenius23
Hope Roy gets the same treatment.
I don’t see why he wouldn’t. They made the effort of even further decloning him, so they’re probably going to get Ray Chase for him. I don’t think Chase is a union voice actor like Steve Burton (Cloud) is, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Arthur97

Smash Journeyman
I don’t see why he wouldn’t. They made the effort of even further decloning him, so they’re probably going to get Ray Chase for him. I don’t think Chase is a union voice actor like Steve Burton (Cloud) is, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
I haven't seen much about him getting more decloning outside of what he already got. Most I can tell is more fire.

-crump-

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Dude I was so pumped when he spoke English in the Direct. Yuri did a good job of making him sound intense and ready to fight, from that one line we heard!

Less excited about Greg Chun voicing Ike, though. I miss the classic Ike already :ohwell:

3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
NNID
BGenius23
Dude I was so pumped when he spoke English in the Direct. Yuri did a good job of making him sound intense and ready to fight, from that one line we heard!

Less excited about Greg Chun voicing Ike, though. I miss the classic Ike already :ohwell:
I like it so far. His “prepare yourself” is so sexy.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Journeyman
Well, now that the one Smash character who's famous for having a Japanese voice is now speaking English, I sure hope they can get Steve Burton to voice Cloud. Cloud speaking Japanese made even less sense than Marth and Roy because he had an English voice for almost a decade before being put in Smash unlike Marth and Roy representing games only sold in Japan when Melee came out and if Steve Burton wasn't available, they could have used archived recordings, have a good imitator voice him or just simply not put him in the game. But hey, I'm glad Marth is speaking English now. If there was a Story Mode for Smash Bros Ultimate, at least they don't have to put in a joke about Marth being Japanese.

Idon

Smash Journeyman
I hope I have the option of Japanese Marth.

No offense to Yuri Lowenthal or his voice-acting, but I am sick of hearing his voice in every single game I play.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
While I loved the tradition of Marth always speaking Japanese in these games to represent how big it was in Japan at the time, its such a small detail I'll probably won't care about in the long run.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Journeyman
I hope I have the option of Japanese Marth.

No offense to Yuri Lowenthal or his voice-acting, but I am sick of hearing his voice in every single game I play.
Well, if you want the option of Japanese Marth to be the same as past games, I would also like Twilight Princess outfits for the Zelda characters, Charizard's Rock Smash back, Wolf's Brawl look, unchanged Final Smashes, etc. But most modern games have language settings, so maybe that would be how you hear Marth's old Japanese voice at the cost of many other characters also speaking Japanese.

Idon

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you want the option of Japanese Marth to be the same as past games, I would also like Twilight Princess outfits for the Zelda characters, Charizard's Rock Smash back, Wolf's Brawl look, unchanged Final Smashes, etc. But most modern games have language settings, so maybe that would be how you hear Marth's old Japanese voice at the cost of many other characters also speaking Japanese.
Well your other suggestions would require significant dev time.
Adding a language option should be relatively easy considering they have both voicelines already made.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
NNID
AuraWielder
Yuri certainly a great voice actor, but I'm going to miss Japanese Marth. So many hours with him, it's going to be weird to hear him in English since I didn't play much of Heroes/Warriors/Marth's games in general.

On the contrary i don't think i've played any games with Lowenthal (?), so i welcome Marth's english voice, now it's consistent with the rest of the FE cast (what language does Roy speaks in Ultimate anyways?)

Still it would be cool to personalize characters voices for those that miss the Japanese one, which is getting new voice clips too.

3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
NNID
JermaineJonesJr2
On the contrary i don't think i've played any games with Lowenthal (?), so i welcome Marth's english voice, now it's consistent with the rest of the FE cast (what language does Roy speaks in Ultimate anyways?)

Still it would be cool to personalize characters voices for those that miss the Japanese one, which is getting new voice clips too.
Roy is currently unknown, but I’m hoping for his Heroes voice
Yuri certainly a great voice actor, but I'm going to miss Japanese Marth. So many hours with him, it's going to be weird to hear him in English since I didn't play much of Heroes/Warriors/Marth's games in general.
Don’t worry, you’ll get used to him quickly...after gettin to listen to him for some time

NNID
Flargknight
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I know Yuri's going to be Spiderman in the upcoming PS4 game, so there's that. don't watch much anime, so I couldn't tell you other stuff he's been in, but I liked him in Heroes and Warriors.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-4111-4207-8535
Marth's games (even the DS remakes) didn't have voice acting; only text.