• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lol. I've never played the current metagame but I felt that it pales when compared to the old-school metagame of middle school years. :p

-Terywj

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: YVD works for current formats, unless there is a Traditional mode that I haven't seen yet.

Julien

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Stardust Accelerator. Not Sure how it reflects the current metagame (game came out in 09)

I have the most fun with a Venom Swamp Deck, and a Phoenix/Dark Phoenix deck.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hahaha yea, I had a Rageki(I think that's how you spell it), mate wouldn't let me use it. >_<

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Anyone who has YVD should gets KCVDS.

Its free and has nearly every card in existence to choose from.

Also Necroface is the best card ever created.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I used to play from 2004-2007, and I was pretty good.

I rocked a Torture Deck, the exact replica of Yami Marik's deck from the show and graphic novels. This also explains how I go by the nickname of "Marik" and my friends used to actually call me that.

My deck, along with my trunk, got stolen and then I dropped Yu-Gi-Oh for Smash Bros.

My deck was beastly, I won tournaments with it. I was about 14 at the time.

Gravity Bind and Magical Thorn techniques are too good.

Pikaville

Im running a Earthbound Immortal Ccappac deck ATM with many cards to get Hardened armed dragon/stall till I get him out.

Tributing Hardened armed dragon negates his effect to destroy himself and he can't be destroyed by ANY card effects.....oh yeah and he can't be attacked,and can attack your opponent directly,and has 3000 atk.

Its pretty rigged.

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
I quit after I went to Nationals in 2006. It was all about metamorphosis at the time. MoF, SS, Goats, and morph. Not to mention tsuku and chaos. TER WRECKED the meta at the time. TER+tsuku/bom was broken beyond belief. I'm glad I quit that ****ty game.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
I recently started getting back into yu-gi-oh for no reason actually. I basically haven't played for about 5 years and there's new things like snycros and GB so by the time some kid finishes their turn they have like 5 monsters on the field. WTF!

Shök

Smash Champion
Zombies died this format. No pun intended. :p

- Mezuki
- Gardna
- 2 Burials from a Different Dimension

Lol. Personally, I think Blackwings will rule with format.

Im running a Earthbound Immortal Ccappac deck ATM with many cards to get Hardened armed dragon/stall till I get him out.

Tributing Hardened armed dragon negates his effect to destroy himself and he can't be destroyed by ANY card effects.....oh yeah and he can't be attacked,and can attack your opponent directly,and has 3000 atk.

Its pretty rigged.
Ha ha. Interesting deck, but wouldn't Bottomless and D Prison stop EIC?

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Blackwings will really take off (not pun intended) when The Shining Darkness set comes out. Gladiator Beasts were viable last format, and with a slower format they will also do very well.

Shök

Smash Champion
Blackwings will really take off (not pun intended) when The Shining Darkness set comes out.
^This.

The new Blackwing staple= Remove one Blackwing from your graveyard. Draw 2 cards.

Rofl.

Pikaville

Bottomless and prison both can take him out yes.But that's why I have Solemn Judgement and other counter trap/spell cards.Don't forget stardust too.

Shök

Smash Champion
Bottomless and prison both can take him out yes.But that's why I have Solemn Judgement and other counter trap/spell cards.Don't forget stardust too.
Lol. Bribes, and Solemn?

I'm currently running a Codarus Gadget build. Pretty basic. I'm running this deck while I build my anti-meta.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
Older people at my anime club play but from what I can remember from the cards I used to play as a child, they all have bare bone decks. Not really any crazy monsters, just the basics...

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I wish they had Yugioh Online 2 for free :(

I dislike the fan games though, not because it sucks, its because you have EVERY card in the game at once.
I want those in the Konami Yugioh where there is a sense of achievement and competition.
No flammers plz

Pikaville

LOL,decided to try a burn deck out today.

My first hand(I went 1st) was

Gift card x3
Bad reaction to samachi x1
Dice jar x1
Barrel behind the door x1

as soon as I ended my turn....BOOM 9000 damage to life points.

So cheap.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
LOL,decided to try a burn deck out today.

My first hand(I went 1st) was

Gift card x3
Bad reaction to samachi x1
Dice jar x1
Barrel behind the door x1

as soon as I ended my turn....BOOM 9000 damage to life points.

So cheap.
Gift card is limited to 2 i believe

I wish they had Yugioh Online 2 for free :(

I dislike the fan games though, not because it sucks, its because you have EVERY card in the game at once.
I want those in the Konami Yugioh where there is a sense of achievement and competition.
No flammers plz
Yugioh online 3 is free, i play that all the time ;)

Pikaville

I've also just discovered the beauty of Immortal of Thunder combined with Barrell behind the door.

Burn decks are gay as hell.

Shök

Smash Champion
I just, recently, went to a tournament at DNA Comics. My first round was with my friend who took me there. Lol.

I ran Oppression Gadgets. ;)

Jen =3

Smash Cadet
My favorite card used to be Saggi the Dark Clown, just cause of the picture. I gave it up after all the new elementals came out :3

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I just read the OP, and even if i'm off-topic, I'll tell you:
I'm going to try out the judge test (I'm still waiting for my YGO member card...), so, anything that came up with rulings, I could help ;D

Shök

Smash Champion
The new Infernity deck is really good. Fast, OTK, swarms, ect.

Has anyone played with an Infernity deck?

Grandeza

Smash Master
Hey since there's a thread ill post a deck here. Can you guys tell em what you think. im not competitive or anything but i wanna make a decent toon synchro deck.

Monsters: 21
[3] Toon Summoned Skull
[3] Toon Goblin Attack Force
[3] Toon Gemeni Elf
[2] Rose, Warrior of Revenge
[1] Toon Mermaid
[1] Toon Cannon Soldier
[1] Sangan
[1] Cyber Dragon
[1] Card Trooper
[1] Summoner Monk
[1] Marshmallon
[3] Nimble Momonga

Spells: 14

[3] Toon Table of Contents
[2] Toon World
[2] Fires of Doomsday
[2] Vengeful Bog Spirit
[1] Giant Trunade
[1] Swords of Revealing Light
[1] Scapegoat
[1] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Brain Control

Traps: 8

[1] Torrential tribute
[2] Bottomless Trap Hole
[1] Mirror Force
[1] Solemn Judgement
[2] D-Prison
[1] Trap Dustshoot
*Also requires various synchro monsters.

Smash Master
-Vengeful Bog Spirit (I get what you're trying to do, but it's just going to get taken out, and you'll be forced to choose between being susceptible to mass removal or not protecting yourself)

+ Skill Drain (Much more utility. Shuts down all mass removal save Heavy Storm, and works well with toons.

You prolly want to tweak your monster lineup to provide more synchros, fires of doomsday is totally not worth the investment (hence neither is Toon SS), and I'm not big on D Prison in this format/deck (again because of monster-based removal) but I can't think of anything else to combat stardust off hand so w/e.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Needs moar Tuners.
And maybe some more increase LP.

Use low-level tuners in order to summon lvl 6-7 synchro monsters (or 8 with Toon Summoned Skull).

And if you want it to be a quick-synchro, use more Special Summons
(tip: Call of the Haunted essential in any deck nowdays =P)

Top Bottom