• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Oh god, I remember this stuff! I was just terrible at it, but I had a decent enough deck I guess. It was an Insect deck using some sort of Parasite Paracide strategy, I don't remember much more, it's been about 3.5 years lol.

In other news, SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE GREEN HAIR!!!

:036:

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I was playing til I decided to take a break and I come back to see that the meta changed COMPLETELY. I was playing LS when LS was still pretty much tier 1 and zombies didn't have Brionac yet.

Yugiohs expensive to play these days, and if you want to keep up with meta, you're gonna have to fork over some money.

Every now and then, I'll head out to my locals. But it's mostly just to hang out with some friends to see how everything's going.

Nonetheless, it was a fun game. I'm just kinda lazy to get back into it seeing as how I pretty much sold all my cards haha.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ahhh... My dragon/warrior (Buster Blader wut)/random spellcaster deck.

Wall of Revealing Light, etc... Kinda miss it. Wonder how I'd do. I haven't boughten cards for the new metagame in forever.

But no thanks. XD

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I was playing til I decided to take a break and I come back to see that the meta changed COMPLETELY. I was playing LS when LS was still pretty much tier 1 and zombies didn't have Brionac yet.

Yugiohs expensive to play these days, and if you want to keep up with meta, you're gonna have to fork over some money.

Every now and then, I'll head out to my locals. But it's mostly just to hang out with some friends to see how everything's going.

Nonetheless, it was a fun game. I'm just kinda lazy to get back into it seeing as how I pretty much sold all my cards haha.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Consecrated_Light

Hey look, everything that was good that WASNT lightsworn isn't good anymore lol.

Well except zombies of course lol.

A friend and I have a theory that the old Gravekeepers standard actually beats a large portion of the current meta. Because of it's rather simple support and it's complete lockdown of the graveyard it just straight up beats most common strats. But there's still that "Judgement Dragon" problem.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
JD's just stupidly broken. As a LS player before, even I agree that the card is bull**** lol. But of course, back in the day, so many complained that the entire deck itself was broken ahahah. Good times.

Gravekeepers are pretty much, imo, able to make the best anti-meta ever. Their ability to lock the grave, as you said, as well as their ability to play cards like Kycoo if you don't have Necrovalley on the field is pretty ****. Then you can use stupid cards like rivalry of warlords, oppression, and other stuff like that. So much **** lol.

I miss my GK deck hahah.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I used to spend so much time into Yugioh *sigh*

Ahh the good old days hehe.

I stopped playing a while ago but I used to love playing this. Back when there wasn't a ban list that is. Back when Airknight was still a ridiculous card an Imperial Order won games by itself.

:laugh:

EDIT: Yugioh abridged <333 =3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I remember the Wave-Motion Cannon card, I have 3 of those, those cards are insane. Also, yugioh abridged is "simply fabulous".

TheLake

Smash Master
zombies are getting nerfed i hear...

Lightsworn is gonna hurt too which sucks

Yuigiohs oddles of fun though

Grandeza

Smash Master
I used to play. best deck i got working was a warrior toolbox deck. It was pretty decent.

I threw around a bunch of ideas for decks but never made em for lack of money and stuff.

GeniusNeji

Smash Rookie
I'm playing yugioh now on a competitive level mainly at 2 local shops. Trying to expand my horizons to regionals and SJC but Travel options are very limited for me :/

I don't really find it to be a money drainer cause i tend to make my money back by winning and trading. :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
They unbanned Monster Reborn last format, but i got banned right after again.

Gladiator Beasts ftw!
Ahh. See when my friend told me this (he's into the game, I'm not) I wasn't sure whether I believed him or not. Since I was still structured off of the old-school YuGiOh.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hey Ive got a question, since I am obviously still a geezer and play old school yu gi oh, does anybody know what synched cards are?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I used to be a yugioh fanatic but then I realized it was a huge waste of money. Won 2 tournaments back in my day though. :) Prize was only worth like $10 though lol. Online might be fun to try though.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This game is so cheap to play now. Konami has won me over a million times.

If anybody wants to play on YVD, hit me up.

There is also a YGO user group here, but it kinda fell off after the last Jump. D:

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Hey Ive got a question, since I am obviously still a geezer and play old school yu gi oh, does anybody know what synched cards are?
Are you talking about the new synchro monsters? A couple of my friends are still into Yu-Gi-Oh! I just watch them play. IIRC, synchros are like a mix of fusion and rituals. You're supposed to sacrifice a Tuner monster (it's like a new type/effect monster) and any other monsters that meet the requirement for the synchro monster and add up to it's level. This is all from memory though, so I don't know how accurate I am. Geminis are the cards I still don't quite understand.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Gemini are easy once you get the hang of the concept of the Gemini Summon.

They're just monsters you can normal/special/tribute summon like any other monsters (the different summons according to level and situation, of course). To get the effects of Gemini monsters, you perform a Gemini summon by using your normal summon for the turn (or a card that grants you extra normal summons). During most turns without using any effects, this means you would have to have the monster on the field (either face down or face up) for at least a turn. Monsters that are level 5 and above can be Gemini summoned without using any tributes. It's a pretty straightforward concept.

They also have a bonus in that they are counted as Normal monsters while in the hand and graveyard, so this eases getting them onto the field with special summon effects.

It just kinda sucks because they're the most vulnerable when you Gemini summon them. Trap holes, Torrential, summon negation, and Book of Moon can all backfire hard when you attempt to Gemini summon (and, in turn, using up your normal summon for the turn). Thankfully Geminis got a boost in the Warrior's Strike structure and they can be pretty silly if you've got a solid enough deck for them.

P.S. - You are pretty much on the mark for synchro monsters.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Would a YuGiOh Abridged Series Thread be more fitting for spam or for here?

'Cuz I'm thinking of starting one for the references / opinions / lolz.

-Terywj

Top Bottom