• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Does anyone keep up with the current Yugioh metagame? I wish I could become more competitive, but I have very little money to constantly buy cards :ohwell:
Following the metagame sucks in yugioh.
Use the cards you like, and those that are connected to your heart.

Synchros and xyz sucks

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I thought Syncros and XYZ monsters were a great way to expand the game.

Now Pendulum monsters, on the other hand...
Well, I'm sorta oldschool to midschool.
I personally think things started to go downhill when Synchros arrived, but that's just me.
xyz monsters can pretty much be used in the extra deck of any deck, which I find flat and boring.
It is cool that they can be used to upgrade older decks, but the way they do that is kinda boring.

If synchros stayed at specific card-Summoning Conditions, like Junk Synchron etc, I'd be fine with them.

Dude, ikr. Totally agree - pendulums are just stupid.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, I'm sorta oldschool to midschool.
I personally think things started to go downhill when Synchros arrived, but that's just me.
xyz monsters can pretty much be used in the extra deck of any deck, which I find flat and boring.
It is cool that they can be used to upgrade older decks, but the way they do that is kinda boring.

If synchros stayed at specific card-Summoning Conditions, like Junk Synchron etc, I'd be fine with them.
Na, YGO didn't really start going downhill until Gen 5 when reached a point where the meta kept rotating between four or so decks being the T0 deck for over a year. Granted, Gen 2 also had this problem where Gladiator Beasts effectively made it a T0 format too. Not to mention Gen 1 had **** like the infamous Yatalock. Things like that really help me keep my nostalgia in check.

The advantage to the more generic focus of XYZs and Synchros in gens 4 and 3 respectively is that while yes, you tended to see a lot of the game cards show up in different decks, these generic cards allowed weaker decks to get something resembling a foothold against stronger ones.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Anyone here is a boss at rulings?
If so, can Shooting Quasar Dragon negate and destroy the effects of cards like Astral Barrier when the Trap Card is already on the field?

finalark

SNORLAX
Anyone here is a boss at rulings?
If so, can Shooting Quasar Dragon negate and destroy the effects of cards like Astral Barrier when the Trap Card is already on the field?
Yes, but only when the effect of Astral Barrier is activated.

For example, if you summon SQD you cannot target Astral Barrier and destroy it simply because.

However, if your opponent activates Astral Barriers effect, then you can destroy it.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
That sucks.
How about permanent effects like Mist Body? As far as I can tell, it only activates once.

edit: never mind.
I've figured it out now.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
As Quasar's opponent, it kinda sucks.
Quasar is pretty busted. It's supposed to be difficult to summon, but there are decks built specifically for that purpose, and they get it in one turn.
:196:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! fan myself though I lost interest in it after 5D's ended.

I still look back at the original and collect Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which I still have locked up in a drawer.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I love how this is a thread on Smashboards.

But anyway, I agree that trying to keep up with the meta is really hard, especially since so many decks are viable now. Once I went up against and lost to Jinzo deck in tournament. JINZO. Since when was that even an archetype? So I just basically stick to Nobel Knights. They are cheap and effective.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quasar is pretty busted. It's supposed to be difficult to summon, but there are decks built specifically for that purpose, and they get it in one turn.
Level Eater does not help the situation.... I'd say Hyper Librarian, but random draws don't always help.

Also, didn't know we had a Yugioh thread. Sweet.

I'm a person who played the TCG in the US since the first Starter decks came out.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Level Eater does not help the situation.... I'd say Hyper Librarian, but random draws don't always help.
I also play since quite early into the game (I believe about the times of Ancient Sanctuary). Good times, good times.
The current Deck I use is a Synchro-heavy Morphtronic deck, that can summon Quasar quite quickly.
Its main forces are Morphtronic Celfon and Smartfon, with some support like Level Eater, Jet Synchron and Quickdraw Synchron, besides the obvious Synchro monsters like Formula Synchron, Jet Warrior, and an unexpected key card: Ancient Fairy Dragon (grants me two free summons, one by its effect, and another one by destroying Morphronic Map and NOT looking for another one). I have even summoned TWO Qyasars.
That is, at least virtually, I do not own many cards anymore (most of them are just my Charmers collection).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I also play since quite early into the game (I believe about the times of Ancient Sanctuary). Good times, good times.
The current Deck I use is a Synchro-heavy Morphtronic deck, that can summon Quasar quite quickly.
Its main forces are Morphtronic Celfon and Smartfon, with some support like Level Eater, Jet Synchron and Quickdraw Synchron, besides the obvious Synchro monsters like Formula Synchron, Jet Warrior, and an unexpected key card: Ancient Fairy Dragon (grants me two free summons, one by its effect, and another one by destroying Morphronic Map and NOT looking for another one). I have even summoned TWO Qyasars.
That is, at least virtually, I do not own many cards anymore (most of them are just my Charmers collection).
Nice~

Right now, I run quite a few decks. My two Advance Format ones are my Succubus Knight deck(it needs reworking) and my Lost Galaxy deck(based upon Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Definitely is getting a rework. Speedroid Terrortop helps a lot, especially since they limited TGU. I added Jinzo in TGU's place, and he's been quite helpful).

Top Bottom