• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
There is a regional coming up this weekend in my city and I was gonna go looking for
Bls
Glow up
Trish

But with the ban list so close should I just wait to see if any of those get banned?

:phone:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
There is a regional coming up this weekend in my city and I was gonna go looking for
Bls
Glow up
Trish

But with the ban list so close should I just wait to see if any of those get banned?

I think you should wait, yeah. You certainly don't wanna drop 100+ dollars and not be able to use any of the ****.

Denzi

Smash Master
I don't think BLS will get hit. The list is based in Japan, and they don't use him all that much (no Tour Guide = less splashabiity).

Does anyone here have an opinion on Chaos Dragons (a la the new structure)? I've been playing them since the deck was announced, and I really like what it can do.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I can't come up with an Infernity deck but I'm really interested in one. X:

About to go on DN and just play test a lot of random things until I see what works.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I built a sea lancer deck as fun deck till the ban list hits. Its hella fun. when you first play it your like how does this **** work its so slow ? But then you win and your like "wtf"? the decks is stupid fun.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
sounds like my Morphtronic Deck. That was dumb, I had Morphtronic Map, randomly Black Rose Dragon'd the field, and revived a Radion, used Junk Box for another Radion and Normal Summoned a Boomboxen.
2600+2600+2800+2800=0TKO

S l o X

Smash Champion
It's REALLY simple.

also: does anyone know if there is a free online Magic? I want to learn the game but I can't find anything like DN or even a jank pixel version.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Just made an acc on dn, can someone show me how to play there?
Its make your deck and you have to know the rules format on DN. Its not like the video games where it auto plays for you and has its own set of rulings.

It's REALLY simple.

also: does anyone know if there is a free online Magic? I want to learn the game but I can't find anything like DN or even a jank pixel version.
MagicWorkstation. Edit: Scratch that. It was free from when I was playing, but that was years ago. Sorry.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Thank god I waited.

The problem I see with this though is, why are these cards getting hit (Bulb and Trishula) when they aren't even that problematic anymore (assuming the list you're referring to is real)?

The list doesn't even address current decks that should be hit and even goes as far as to semi-limit a TCG exclusive to make sure a deck that used to be a top deck is killed off.

If the list is real, I'm a bit disappointed.........

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Apparently it was taken down from shriek because the site originally intended save the pictures of the list offline so that they could get them up fast if the list was confirmed to be true. So atm that list is still a rumored list.

Here's what the changes would be if it's the true list:

Banned:
Trishula
Spore
Glow-Up Blub
Trap Dustshoot

Limited:
T.G Striker
The Agent of Mystery - Earth

Semi-Limited:
Marshmallon
Lumina
E-Teleport
Smoke Signal
Level Limit Area B
Torrential Tribute
Ultimate Offering
Reborn Tengu

Unlimited:
Call of the Haunted

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd autentically Laugh Out Loud if they really ban Trap Dustshoot.
And limited Earth instead of Hyperion.

Everything else seems meh, Bulb and Spore are just part of any quick synchro mainstream deck, banning them is ridiculous, but belieable coming from Konami.
And few people owns a Trishula anyway. It sure changes some games, but he does not break them.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I personally dont hate this list but for selfish reasons mainly. (assumingthelistisreal).

I dont own a trish or glowup so I dont mind that they are banned (eventhoughtheyshouldndbeIMO)

Im currentlt working on building a lv1 mystic piper deck which the list does not effect (exceptforglowup)

I mainly play cards with my cousin and little brother and his high school friends, at our local library on tuesdays and thursdays. Non of which owns a top tier deck like rabbits inzektors or windup. mostly they all run agents darkworld and budget everything else.

Sorry to all the competitive players who hate the list, I would too if I wasnt retired from competitive play.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Any respectable deck going to win an event runs a Trishula, so that's sort of a silly argument.

If that list is right, it is the most boring list of all YugiMonz.

Edit: lolwaitaminute, Tengu is TCG Exclusive. fake yo.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Winning while using a card =/= winning because of a card. 100% of decks run Trish but few of them actually win BECAUSE of it.
Well, let's just knock it back up to two or three and see if it doesn't win games. It's still a broken card regardless if it's winning (RIGHT NOW) or not. Most people at my locals have a Trishula, I wasn't under the impression it was that hard to get one.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If it was at two people would play two. Same at brio, reborn, dark hole and plenty of other cards. Again what's your point. A ban occurs because something is actually broken even at 1 not because "if there was three it would be broken"

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Really excited to see what the list really is going to be. Anyone going to talk about it?

I wanna see BLS, Trish, Dandy, Dustshoot and Monster Reborn go. Not sure about Pot of Avarice. Actually probably Sangan while you're at it. BLS is just straight up dumb, comes out of no where and wins games for no reason. Beats way too much it shouldn't. Trish is nearly a freaking win condition and isn't hard enough to get out. I really feel hitting Dandy makes it not worth putting the plant engine in 50% of decks since they won't be hitting Hyper Lib + Formula so damn easily without entirely killing plants. Dustshoot is so many forms of BS and can decide a game. Monster Reborn is too big of a game changer for no cost. PoA's cost is too easy to fulfill for such an effect. Sangan indirectly nerfs Tour Guide and also in a format with so many great hand traps ontop of weak monsters for synchro + xyz, he searches way too much. Don't know much beyond that. I'd like to see some things come off forbidden too.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Id rather see brio go before trish.. and I can see sangan going to indirectly nerf tourguide... also dandylion and glow up bulb to stop synchro decks..

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Trish honestly isnt good enough to go imo. It's too easy to just Veiler it at which point your opponent just used a lot of cards for an okish beater. There's not really a lot of decks that can go for it super easily either. Also what would be the point of hitting synchro decks? Compared to the ******** archtype decks that we have now stuff like Tengu Plants and Synchrons arent even particularly good. I can kind of see a reason to hit dandy but hitting glow up makes little sense.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Trap Dust**** can win games. And if they for some reason have Mind crush set too...

Rest in peace Tengu plants.

Also, I'm surprised they banned Spore, it's definitely the lesser of the two evils (if you could even call them that)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Top hand trap dustshoot is godly.. First few rounds of YCS, it was all the rave.

Currently(from what I last read), Empty Jar is first place over a bunch of Dino Rabbits.. really interesting :D

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dustshoot does not "win games". It just holds your opponent back a little.
In high-moneylevel play it may cost games because of how fast the game has become.
But there are many cards that does so, and only because Dustshoot was mainstream enough to be used pretty much everywhere it deserves to be banned? That's dumb.

/don't think there are many broken cards.

Vyke

Smash Champion
In high-moneylevel play it may cost games because of how fast the game has become.
But there are many cards that does so, and only because Dustshoot was mainstream enough to be used pretty much everywhere it deserves to be banned? That's dumb.

I think you answered your own questions...

~GregDang!~

Smash Master

You're funny. Trap Dustshoot wins games. It pretty much tells you what they're playing and how can can play around their cards they could potentially play.

Top Bottom