• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Ehh, it's interesting but the die roll factors in a bit more than usual due to the amount of decks that can set up/hinder you on turn 1:

Six Sams: 1st turn Shien + backrow
Gravekeepers: likely they will get a Necrovalley out, along with Royal Tribute, GK Spy/Recruiter + backrow
Dragunities: 1st turn lv8 synchro (stardust) + backrow

Even though there are a lot of big 1st turn plays I do like the diversity of the meta. Heck there's a few zombie decks making top 8/16 or w/e (at least in European events).

Beat!

Smash Master
Actually, I really like GB w/o tigers. It's a lot more consistent. In tiger-GB, every time you go for a tiger play you're doing a pretty heavy commitment. If the opponent has BoM, Oppression or something like that, it's an instant -1 for you. In the tigerless version, you have a lot more backrows and play it like a more anti-meta kind of deck, where you can rely on your superb toolboxing for control. GB can recycle and go +1 through Equeste, so you don't really need to go for heavy pushes.

Naturally, you don't get to do Gyzarus plays as often, but with all the Warnings, Oppressions, Veilers etc, you rarely get his effect through anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.

You also never run the risk of dead drawing Secutor, since you don't play it.

Basically, you lose some speed and the ability to make heavy pushes, but you gain consistency and extra room for stun cards, like Rai-oh.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Ok I can understand that, plus it makes sense with veiler and warning being a part of most decks recently.

I hate how GBs can main/side into dfissure. Screws me over since I run sabers x.x

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm actually surprised about this format. Usually GBs see more play at the start of a format but I didn't see many GBs at YCS events etc this time.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
just gonna point out that winning the dice roll has been one of the most important aspects of yugioh since day 1, and has actually mattered significantly more in the past than it does right now. :\

learn your ygo history new***s. <3

Gladiator Beasts >Gadgets

Brionac probably won't be reprinted, as the Synchros that were reprinted in the OCG were Ally of Justice Catastor and Trishula.
You're bad LMAO. GB has been a decidedly low-tier deck since DSF format and has only gotten weaker each subsequent format, whilst Gadget stays high/top tier.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
You're bad LMAO. GB has been a decidedly low-tier deck since DSF format and has only gotten weaker each subsequent format, whilst Gadget stays high/top tier.

I'm sorry but, low-tier since DSF? It's been high tier for the three formats after, reaching top 32 at almost every YCS up until the last, maybe next to last, format. Besides, while gladiator beasts cannot compete on the same level as the tier 1 decks, they are far above low tier.

Btw, gadgets topped 32 at a YCS only one format, and that was last format. That's not high tier in my opinion.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
your information is incorrect XDDDDDD

People who are ****ing garbage at this game are such a laugh. Thanks for brightening my day.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Ruby, it would be nice for you to actually back up anything your arguments besides us trusting your own opinion on things. It doesn't really work that way... considering you've only really ever shown the thread that you're just an *** most of the time. :p

Pulled a Trishula, Naturia Landoise, Genex Ally Birdman, and a Fabled Cerburrel today from Wal-Mart. Gewd stuff.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Pulled a Trishula, Naturia Landoise, Genex Ally Birdman, and a Fabled Cerburrel today from Wal-Mart. Gewd stuff.
I can has your luck? :D

I'd actually want the trishula, landoise and birdman lol. More so birdman because I've been testing Mist Valleys with Reborn Tengu and the deck is crazy. But I may just hold off and go for DT birdmans (should have traded for the playset I saw at the last regional I was at :/ )

How many packs did you buy total?

Vyke

Smash Champion
8 packs total. I was sort of pissed I didn't pull more than one Birdman since he's a super, and not secret. Tengu is gonna be nuts fo' sho'.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
your information is incorrect XDDDDDD

People who are ****ing garbage at this game are such a laugh. Thanks for brightening my day.
Lol, I'll just leave it. I gave my opinion and backed it up.

Ruby, it would be nice for you to actually back up anything your arguments besides us trusting your own opinion on things. It doesn't really work that way...
QFT

So, Fabled testing is go really well, I think I will run them at the next regionals at my area.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm planning on building a Neoflamvell with get-control ("Hiita the Fire Charmer" and "DNA Transplant" mostly), basically, control opponent's monsters, make fast synchros and remove stuff from their graveyard.

I'll post it when ready (or at least half-completed).

Vyke

Smash Champion
@Dxt: Did you build Doppel, Plants, Tengu, Merchant, or Darkworld Fabled?

And is this regional in Columbus?

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
@Dxt: Did you build Doppel, Plants, Tengu, Merchant, or Darkworld Fabled?

And is this regional in Columbus?
Right now I'm trying a Pure Fabled build; it's less explosive than other varients, but is much more consistent. When T.G. Librarian comes out, I believe Plants with Tengu will be the better choice.

And nope, it'll be in Coral Springs, FL.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think Tengu with Divine Wind will be better, tbh. If there's any mill in those plants then it isn't the best way to utilize Tengu imo.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I think Tengu with Divine Wind will be better, tbh. If there's any mill in those plants then it isn't the best way to utilize Tengu imo.
lol that's what I've been doing

Monsters (19)
3 Genex Ally Birdman
3 Reborn Tengu
3 Mist Valley Falcon
1 Mist Valley Shaman
1 Mist Valley Soldier
1 Mist Valley Thunderbird
1 Dragunity Darkspear
2 Flying Kamakiri #1
2 Shield Wing
1 Vortex Trooper
1 Sangan

Spells (11)
3 Divine Wind of Mist Valley
3 Terraforming
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Giant Trunade

Traps (10)
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Limit Reverse
2 Solemn Warning
1 Mirror Force
2 Seven Tools of the Bandit
1 Solemn Judgment

So glad Mist Valleys got some playable cards (i.e. Divine Wind, Birdman, Tengu). Still have to test this build though.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
I'd just use the basic plant skeleton (2 Lonefire, 1 Dandylion, 1 Spore, 1 Grow-Up bulb)

Tengu might not even be as good as is hyped, but we'll see.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Think of it this way, we've never had a 4 star non-tuner that replaced itself when used as a synchro material monster. It's definitely big. Don't let the attribute or type fool you.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
I know, and the synchro mechanic is what makes this card great-the downside i see is how it's not searchable, and takes up a normal summon/set to get it on the field.

But yeah, I expect it to be spammed

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Man I Wish I could get into yugioh, too bad you need money to @_@
I know what you mean I just got back in (been out since rescue cat was banned) but I was able to get back with about 50 $ I built frog monarch deck or "frog syncron" is what it called.

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ran this, got 4th @ the second local I've entered in 10 months. Potentially could have gotten 2nd/1st if I didn't make a few mid-level mistakes in my top 4 match :\

3 Machina Fortress
3 Machina Force
3 Machina Gearframe
3 Dekoichi
3 Black Salvo
3 Cyber Dragon
3 Magical Merchant
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Ryko
2 Jinzo
2 Jinzo Returner
2 Card Trooper
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Gorz
1 Dark Creator
1 Sangan
1 Plaguespreader
1 Blackwing Gale

1 Future Fusion
1 Overload Fusion
1 Giant Trunade

1 Android
1 Gaia
1 Brionac
2 Black Rose
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Stardust
1 Colossal
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Mist Wurm
2 Fortress Dragon
1 Overdragon

3 Breaker
2 Caius
2 Battle Fader
2 Effect Veiler
2 Consecrated Light
2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
1 Snipe Hunter
1 Treeborn Frog

5-0 in swiss. Beat GB in t8. Lost to Disaster Dragon in t4. G1 i forgot to use his oppression, and g2 he locked my field with Rivalry of Warlords. Lost to Psychic for 3rd. He won the dice roll. :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
yes it was new psychics because we don't give a ****.

Who the hell honestly cares about cossy rankings? LOL

also we use mantis because we're not ****tarded.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Exceeds will impact way too much on Metagame (pretty much the same I felt with Synchros)....
I will really hate them....

Shök

Smash Champion
Wow. I just saw some of those Exceed monsters. Sigh... More to add to the meta-game. >_>

I'll probably just sell my most expensive stuff and save my Machinas.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Can some body give me the high & low price range of forbidden lance. I plan on buying some this weekend and I just dont want to over pay.

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
There are a few problems with Exceeds. Extra Deck space being one. The others being monsters used as Overlay units don't get effects if sent as an overlay unit (Say, Sangan) so there's no funny business there either. You aren't allowed to use Tokens for them also.

I don't think they'll be as reliable as Synchros when they first come out, but some of the later ones are pretty hilarious. Steelsworn Roach being an example.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Well cards like Dandylion will work because it just needs to be sent to the graveyard regardless of from where. But yea most monsters don't work like Dandylion so it's not all that benefitting. :/

I kind of like the mainspring exceed and Steelswarm Roach, and while 1900atk is nice I'm not too fond of Roach's stats considering it's an exceed monster.....

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The only good one so far is Aspiring Emperor Hope and Revise Dragon is decent.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I made an insect build there a few weeks ago.

It's really good because insects have some amazing support cards.

Neglect, imitation, verdant etc.

Only problem is monsters that have 2800 atk or more pretty much have free reign unless you are running Earthbound Uru.

I'll post the build here in a bit and see what you guys think.

Top Bottom