• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugi Arrives to Duel! (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivean999

Smash Rookie
Hear Me Out

Yugi Mutou, The King of Games, the #1 ranked duelist in the world. A man with extraordinary strategic know-how, enhanced by the Millennium Puzzle and the spirit of the Pharaoh Atem trapped inside. With his deck at his side, including his signature Dark Magician, Yugi will take on any foe.

Yugi would play as a summon-based mid-range zoner. Using the various monsters, spells, and traps in his deck (as well as some scrappy hand-to-hand combat), Yugi would focus on outranging and trapping foes with a variety of effects.

Jab - a basic kick, followed by a right hook
ftilt - Yugi leans into a powerful door kick, sending opponents back a ways
utilt - Yugi swipes above him with his Duel Disk, causing light knockback.
dtilt - Yugi sweeps his leg out, tripping opponents.

fsmash - The Celtic Guardian comes to Yugi's aid, Dashing out and swinging his sword.
Usmash - Kuriboh (or one of the many variants) protects Yugi from above, providing an intangible hitbox that sends opponents away.
Dsmash - The Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl appear on either side of Yugi. Both attack twice with their magic, once in front of or behind Yugi, then once together in a larger blast from Yugi's feet.

Neutral B - Yugi summons Slifer the Sky Dragon's head to charge a powerful blast. Not only does a full blast damage and knock away opponents, but will also weaken their next connecting attack.
Side B - Yugi plays Swords of Revealing Light, pinning enemies caught in by any of the swords
Up B - Yugi grabs ahold of the Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1 to fly to safety. The dragon deals damage to anyone he touches, but Yugi himself is vulnerable.
Down B - Yugi places Mirror Force face-down. The next projectile to hit in the next 4 seconds will instead be reflected.

nair - Yugi's Millennium Puzzle pulses with ancient energy, knocking away anyone nearby.
fair - Yugi throws a spare card in front of him, dealing a little bit of damage.
bair - Basically fair but backward.
up air - Yugi activates Dust Tornado, reaching far above Yugi. This move cannot be used until Yugi lands again.
dair - Alpha, Beta, or Gamma the Magnet Warrior strike below Yugi. The strength of the hit depends on which warrior comes out

Final Smash - Yugi attacks with Mind Crush, then summons Exodia, The Forbidden One.

Yugi appears as he does in the Battle City Arc, sporting his Duel Disk.
His base skin is Dark blue, with a black undershirt and dark blue pants.
His first alt changes to a white and light blue color with dark brown hair, scheme, referencing his rival Seto Kaiba
His second skin is Green, with blue pants, similar to his friend Joey Wheeler. His hair is also dirty blonde.
His Third, Fourth, and Fifth Alts are the color schemes of Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue respectively. His hair is Layered brown, grey, and black. This references Jaden Yuki, Bastion Misawa, and Chaz Princeton from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
His sixth alt is all light red, with grey hair. This references Maximillion Pegasus, the antagonist of the first major arc of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! Series.
Finally, his seventh alt is a darker version of his default, with the Seal of Orichalcos on his forehead.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
It bothers me that I don’t hate this haha

Needs more Summon Skull and Buster Blader

And now I’m thinking of a Kaiba moveset featuring Blue Eyes White Dragons....

ivean999

Smash Rookie
It bothers me that I don’t hate this haha

Needs more Summon Skull and Buster Blader

And now I’m thinking of a Kaiba moveset featuring Blue Eyes White Dragons....
I tried to hit the highlights, but a moveset hardly had enough space for this much.

Also I forgot:

Dash Attack - full-on baseball slide.
Get-up - standard anime flex-shrug thing
Ledge get-up - Yugi jumps up from the edge and gives a nice kick in the knees

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Didn't this start off as an anime by Weekly Shonen Jump?

Sorry but video game characters only.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, I know this will be closed soon(but this isn't really an inb4closed statement either).

However, I do like those neat ideas. I had a similar idea myself some time back. Though mine was far more monster-based, and it allowed you to switch between Yugi and Yami Yugi, with kind of a Young Link/Link difference in power.

I know I'm not a Smash Ultimate Mod(anymore, anyway), but I helped build the rules; Characters have to originate in a video game to get a thread, must be from a video game series too. Unless, of course, they are Nintendo-owned. Lucario, for instance, is from a video game series. R.O.B. is Nintendo-owned, despite not truly originating in a video game. That's why 3rd parties that are not from game franchises aren't eligible for threads. Don't take it personally. I would love this character in too, but please understand that we only enforce these to avoid actually poor suggestions(this one is done well and not a bad joke thread despite what you said. I have respect for those who at least make legitimate support threads, even if we can't allow them).

Last edited:

ivean999

Smash Rookie
For the record, I know this will be closed soon(but this isn't really an inb4closed statement either).

However, I do like those neat ideas. I had a similar idea myself some time back. Though mine was far more monster-based, and it allowed you to switch between Yugi and Yami Yugi, with kind of a Young Link/Link difference in power.

I know I'm not a Smash Ultimate Mod, but I helped build the rules; Characters have to originate in a video game to get a thread, must be from a video game series too. Unless, of course, they are Nintendo-owned. Lucario, for instance, is from a video game series. R.O.B. is Nintendo-owned, despite not truly originating in a video game. That's why 3rd parties that are not from game franchises aren't eligible for threads. Don't take it personally. I would love this character in too, but please understand that we only enforce these to avoid actually poor suggestions(this one is done well and not a bad joke thread despite what you said. I have respect for those who at least make legitimate support threads, even if we can't allow them).
I kinda wanted to try something like that, but figured that the difference would be too confusing for people not familiar with the source material. It's not like sheik or PT where there is a super clear design difference. Also, thanks mod for doing your job. I kinda figured that since Smash already had the Konami license, it wouldn't be too much of a jump

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I kinda wanted to try something like that, but figured that the difference would be too confusing for people not familiar with the source material. It's not like sheik or PT where there is a super clear design difference.
...That is true. Though it's more like Pit and Dark Pit. And Adult Yugi looks like Yami Yugi without the puzzle and not having the Eye on his forehead. Maybe that could be the key difference.

That does make me think of an idea. Maybe these fun supports threads could be moved to the Nintenzone. I'm going to talk to an Admin quickly on that. Cause while this doesn't belong in this section, we can allow for some fun stuff in other ones.

ivean999

Smash Rookie
I kinda wanted to try something like that, but figured that the difference would be too confusing for people not familiar with the source material. It's not like sheik or PT where there is a super clear design difference. Also, thanks mod for doing your job.
...That is true. Though it's more like Pit and Dark Pit. And Adult Yugi looks like Yami Yugi without the puzzle and not having the Eye on his forehead. Maybe that could be the key difference.

That does make me think of an idea. Maybe these fun supports threads could be moved to the Nintenzone. I'm going to talk to an Admin quickly on that. Cause while this doesn't belong in this section, we can allow for some fun stuff in other ones.
Thanks mod :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m closing this for the time being but the staff will be discussing this issue. I can’t promise anything but I inform you once we reach a consensus.

Edit: Due to the section rules, we cannot allow a Yu Gi Oh support thread when we also down allow other 4th party threads.

You are free to post about general Yu Gi Oh Discussion here though:

https://smashboards.com/threads/yugioh-anyone.264400/page-53

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom