• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yu Narukami(Persona 4)/Minato Yuki ε (Persona 3): Support Thread

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
FIGHTER 91 & 91ε : YU NARUKAMI

SIMILAR ECHO PROPERTIES
Yu and Minato will play similar to Joker where they can summon their Persona's for stronger attacks.

Neutral attack
Yu and Minato will share similar properties to Link with their Neutral attack.
Forward tilt
Yu and Minato Foward tilt will share their properties with Ike.
Up tilt
Down tilt
Dash attack
???
Forward smash
???
Up smash
???
Down smash
???
Neutral aerial
???
Forward aerial
???
Back aerial
???
Up aerial
???
Down aerial
???
Grab
???
Pummel
???
Forward throw
???
Back throw
???
Up throw
???
Down throw
???
Floor attack (front)
???
Floor attack (back)
???
Floor attack (trip)
???
Edge attack
???
Neutral special
???
Up special
???
Down special
(Hold down to charge up Persona)

(Tetrakarn)

(Makarakarn)

Final Smash
(Yu)

(Minato)

DIFFERENT PROPERTIES

YU
Side special

Similar to Jokers side special, Yu will use Zio/Ziodyne giving electric damage instead of Dark.

MINATO
Side special

Similar to Jokers side special, Minato will use Agi/Agidyne giving electric damage instead of Dark. (Take Ness for example)

Stages
On the versions of Mementos representing Persona 3 and Persona 4, the characters will come on stage as back ground characters.

Supporters
Mastermiine

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I fixed as much as I can and will add more later. Discuss away, everyone!

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Would Minato come with Minako as an alt?

I would honestly prefer another member of the Phantom Thieves because I'm Persona 5 trash, but cannot deny that Yu Narukami is the clear second character for Persona in Smash.

Much like how Joker brings Mementos, I could see Yu with the Midnight Channel and P3 Hero/ine with Tartarus as their stages.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'll support. Been looking to get into Persona 4 for a while now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
P5 is great but I'm more of a P3/P4 guy.

Count me as a supporter.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Remember when I said I'd rather have another Phantom Thief?

Well I take that back. I'd much rather have Yu Narukami. Not before Arle, but Persona 4 Golden is so good I literally cannot afford to miss a day playing it.

I'm currently working on a Yu Narukami moveset, actually. This will take SOME things from Arena but since I've never played it, it won't take nearly as much as you'd expect.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Bit late on this, but Minato/Makoto has always been my most wanted pick. P3 is my favorite game ever, and it'd be nice to get a playable rep from both it and 4. I support.

GearistSigma

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
SIG#132
This actually kinda reminded me of my ballot submission I made way back then when the DLC ballot was still a thing for Smash 4, All of the stuff about Yu Narukami I used to describe the character was all stuff he used in P4U and P4U2 (Arena and Arena Ultimax) so it's hella cool to see someone come up with a more approachable and way more simple to understand moveset than what I came up with back then lmao

Top Bottom