• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube - Resolving WMG Copyright

Snare

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZ0sxrBkek

Here's how to get around the WMG copyright issue. It worked for me. Hope it helps! It only takes a few minutes and it's worth it!

1) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with.
2) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
3) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
4) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;
"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

5) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name and continue
6) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".

This will ONLY apply if you are not making any profit off your videos.
Not my video. This has been up for a while actually but not many people know about it, considering this part of the forums is basically dead i doubt many people here will get to see it either.

Anyways spread the word if one of your/friends combo videos were muted.

Edit: Aparently too many people are doing this now and are getting strikes on their account. If you try this and get a strike, don't worry, there's a way to remove it. First go in and acknowledge that the audio is copyright owned, then change the music using audioswap. This should remove your strike. You can then remove the video if you wish.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Tried it.
Hope it works. =)

Snare

Smash Lord
should work within a few minutes if anyones still awake.
if not turn up your oven too 425 and let it cook for 20 more minutes :p

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Awesomeeee.
It totally worked!

Good stuff. =)

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think the format for filing a copyright claim dispute has changed, it now seems that it is necessary to send a written notification rather than do it over the internet.
Can anybody check this to see whether its just my youtube acting up or not?

Snare

Smash Lord
I think the format for filing a copyright claim dispute has changed, it now seems that it is necessary to send a written notification rather than do it over the internet.
Can anybody check this to see whether its just my youtube acting up or not?
you probably navigated to the wrong dispute form.

Snare

Smash Lord
this c-walk vid of mine- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rrI80XGs0

hasn't been muted for months. But it's views aren't going up by 1 though heaps of people watch it after the original 370th view for like 2 months.

i added the copyright disclaimer thing in the info. would that also stop them from muting it.
Don't care so much about views then? Put your videos out, people will like/hate your videos regardless of the view count.

And this probably is just a glitch, you can report it if you go to the way bottom under "Help", it says "Help Resources", then go to "Community Help Forums". Or you could try "Current Site Issues".

Snare

Smash Lord
am i allowed to use a clip of a music video in my combo video?
I'm pretty sure the rule is 30 second clip or less but it's alot less enforced than the audio blocks. You can try putting it up, no harm if they take it down.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
does "resolve copyright" only appear, if the vid was already muted? because i can't find this button

Snare

Smash Lord
does "resolve copyright" only appear, if the vid was already muted? because i can't find this button
No, resolve copyright should come up when you go the drop down menu in the top right that says your account name and hit "account". After that any video that has been muted should have a "resolve copyright" button next to it.

MomWebster

Smash Rookie
It worked for me! I cried when you got my audio back for me. See Elizabeth Webster on YouTube.

addiewillium

Smash Rookie
If you want to see combo video you can refer youtube and also you can search in google. Otherwise you can increase pixels of your video.

Top Bottom