• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube Modder Loopy Creates Gamecube Adaptor for 3DS

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
I think this is pretty overkill tbh. Unless we actually get CPP support for smash then I don't see how the C stick could work. Lots of competitive players (KDJ, Ken, aMSa) have said they really liked the way it felt after playing it at E3. As someone who also played it, I didn't feel anything wrong with the controls save for the flipped triggers. I don't have a problem with the adapter or anyone who uses it, I just think it's not something we actually need.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Why, when we can attain our preferred control schemes, ought we suffer through new ones when we have the will to make new ones? Why are some so dismissive of our preferences and willpower to make things more comfortable and amicable to our condition?
I really don't understand people who are hating on this. It's an arrogant and tyrannical mindset.

SonicXD81/LPer Unown

Smash Rookie
no c-stick, main problem.
Have all of you people forgotten about the Circle Pad Pro and its XL Version? That's a C-Stick right their if you ask me. Some games actually support it (Kingdom Hearts 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, etc.) so why not Smash 3DS?. Now the only problem is if it will actually support it, due to its Japanese release so soon; a month and 4 days away, also because they have said they're doing bug testing right now.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
and thus the wiiU died, THE END

and thus the 3DS is NOT a handheld, THE END

nintendo should pull the plug on the wiiU and have a trade in program where you trade your now obsolete wiiU in for a 3DS

also while we're at it, make a TV adaptor for the 3DS and not buy the wiiU version

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If I'm gonna use that, I'm gonna need a 3DS-2-TV Adapter, too!
*insert Barney Rubble laugh here*

MelmanOfDaSouthh

Smash Cadet
dammit i literally made a video on why i was getting the 3ds version for the reason of pros relearning controls this borderline ruins it for me, not to mention forglory players are gonna jump in the forfun lobby and **** casuals

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This seems pretty pointless. Even if he were selling, I wouldn't buy it. The point of 3DS is for it to be the portable Smash game. This defeats that entire purpose by making it clunky and awkward...

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Because the Wii U version comes out later, so there will be a period of time where the 3DS is the only Smash 4 version, meaning no way to play it with the gamecube controller.
I guess the majority of smashers seem to be impatient if they would really buy this if they could. Btw I already knew the wii u version was coming later just saying.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
We just need a head strap for the 3ds... And a red filter and we can pretend it's a virtual boy!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
That's gonna feel so weird playing on that tiny screen with a controller almost as big as it XD
You could get a capture device to display the game on your PC

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I love the GC controller as much as the next guy, but this kinda defeats the purpose of portability. Setting this up while on the train or on the bus or during lunch breaks seems hardly worth the trouble.
Still, good to have options, I guess.

Wubbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wubbs
3DS FC
4484-7999-7990
This is cool, but I think everyone will use the 3DS itself to play the game instead.
Of course Smash 3DS will be competitive, but yeah. I still think that even if the Wii U version is released, people will still play Smash 3DS.
It's not going to be competitive.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
This is cool. But I was only planning to play Smash 3DS casually and Smash Wii U competitively. To me the 3DS control scheme is not optimal for competitive play, I could be wrong seeing the way it worked out at SDCC.

Last edited:

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
Wow...way to completely contradict the point of Smash on a handheld you fool. If you want proper controls you should be playing on a Wii U.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Someone clearly hasn't seen 'Nintendo Challenge Live'.
The 3DS tournament up until the last three or four matches was a bunch of casuals rolling around and spamming Bowser Bomb and Tlink's dair. Did I mention how much rolling there was? We saw a Sheik camp out a Bowser and two good Bowser players in grand finals. I don't see it as any kind of indication of whether 3DS smash will be "competitive." What many people see as an uncomfortable control scheme (I have no problem with it) coupled with an incomplete and relatively unbalanced cast thus far (I mean in the CURRENT build) and wonky physics that seem to go in both an offensive and defensive direction at the same time is all we have right now, and I don't think we can come to any reasonable conclusion about the game's competitive potential.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The 3DS tournament up until the last three or four matches was a bunch of casuals rolling around and spamming Bowser Bomb and Tlink's dair. Did I mention how much rolling there was? We saw a Sheik camp out a Bowser and two good Bowser players in grand finals. I don't see it as any kind of indication of whether 3DS smash will be "competitive." What many people see as an uncomfortable control scheme (I have no problem with it) coupled with an incomplete and relatively unbalanced cast thus far (I mean in the CURRENT build) and wonky physics that seem to go in both an offensive and defensive direction at the same time is all we have right now, and I don't think we can come to any reasonable conclusion about the game's competitive potential.
The reason people kept spamming Bowser is because the tournament needed a better character system.
And spamming Bowser Bomb? If anything they just spammed the down smash.
Either way, the 3DS version will be just as competitive, I still haven't heard any good reason why it wouldn't.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
The reason people kept spamming Bowser is because the tournament needed a better character system.
And spamming Bowser Bomb? If anything they just spammed the down smash.
Either way, the 3DS version will be just as competitive, I still haven't heard any good reason why it wouldn't.
I don't see what you mean by "character system." Everyone was able to use any character they wanted and switch at any given point. We still don't know how "competitive" smash 4 in general is going to be, so I don't like people saying "3DS isn't while Wii U is" or vice versa. "Competitive" is a really dumb and ambiguous way to describe the game in the first place. The 3DS is a more accessible system, but harder/more expensive to stream and with fewer control options. I don't see how this affects the skill required to bring the game to a higher level, and we certainly can't come to any kind of conclusion at this point.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I don't see what you mean by "character system." Everyone was able to use any character they wanted and switch at any given point. We still don't know how "competitive" smash 4 in general is going to be, so I don't like people saying "3DS isn't while Wii U is" or vice versa. "Competitive" is a really dumb and ambiguous way to describe the game in the first place. The 3DS is a more accessible system, but harder/more expensive to stream and with fewer control options. I don't see how this affects the skill required to bring the game to a higher level, and we certainly can't come to any kind of conclusion at this point.
When I say 'character system' I mean they should've had one like the Invitational. Only one of the players can play as a specific character for the whole tournament.

Last edited:

Wubbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wubbs
3DS FC
4484-7999-7990
Look guys. They might want to start the competitive scene but they aren't gonna add complex playstyle. If nothing you guys are gonna get more heartbroken than brawl's release if you think they want this game to be in-depth.

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
*facepalm* How about actually getting accustomed to the 3DS's control scheme rather than waste time and effort making gamecube controllers an option that's not even needed for a system like handhelds! Trust me, smash bros on a handheld works better than you would think so long as you know what you are doing!
May god have mercy on your soul for the harassment you have faced is merely the calm before an evergrowing storm of hate.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
Look guys. They might want to start the competitive scene but they aren't gonna add complex playstyle. If nothing you guys are gonna get more heartbroken than brawl's release if you think they want this game to be in-depth.
Shuttup! ),: we can make it work!

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Great. Now we'll have wannabe tournament players saying en mass "the 3DS version is UNPLAYABLE" and "NOT competitively viable" without the adapter.

Because we all knew the portable version would take off, right?

Hiyro

Smash Rookie
It's cool there is going to be an option for people who want that. Just going to stick with the 3ds though.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
Want to know what should happen, if people are smart at least.

It'll be competitive for the first 2 months because no Wii U version.

Then once Wii U version drops...everyone with at least half a brain will realize which version is objectively superior and begin to transfer to the Wii U.

That's it. In the competitive world handhelds are a joke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom