• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're Too Slow~! July 17th! Ingersoll, Ontario!

Patches

Smash Master
Patches and Fusion Youth Centre Present:

You're Too Slow~!

Featuring:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Brawl+?
Melee setups?
SSF4 setups?

Venue: Fusion Youth Centre
Address: 121 Thames Street N
Ingersoll, Ontario

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE TEXT OR CALL PATCHES AT 519-282-0117!

Prices

Venue fee: $5

Brawl:

Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Brawl+:

Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 ($5 per person) (If there is time)

Payouts for Brawl Singles, Brawl doubles, Brawl+ Singles, and Brawl+ Doubles: (depending on entrants)

If entrants are 24 or lower, pay out top 3

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

If entrants are 25 - 32, pay out top 4

1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%
4th Place: 5%

If entrants are 33 - 48, pay out top 6

1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

If entrants are 49 or higher, pay out top 8

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 3%(x2)
7h Place: 2% (x2)

Schedule:

9 am - 11 am

9 am - Doors open
9 30 am - Registration
10 30 am - Events Begin
11 am - Doubles begin

Directions:
The easiest way to get to Ingersoll from Toronto, is to head west down the 401. Its about an hour and a half drive, give or take. Turn off when you see the sign leading you onto Harris Street. Turn right onto Harris street. Follow the road, turn left on King Street. Then turn right onto Thames Street. Follow the road until you get to Bell Street. Turn left, and then turn left again on John st (the first street after you turn). Turn into the parking lot, and you're there!

Alternative Travel:
If you can't get a ride, VIA rail has a train go to Ingersoll twice a day. Once in the morning, once at about 9 at night. If you take the train, you can see the venue's parking lot if you look across the tracks. It gets you there right about when I open the doors. It costs roughly $32 for one way.

You can also get dropped off at Woodstock, which is a 15 minute drive from Ingersoll. Depending on how many people choose this option, I can arrange rides for you. This will be cheaper than the train to Ingersoll.

Food:

There are snacks at the venue!

Alternate food options:

Walk out the back door, and look to your right. There is a Macs Milk, as well as a new 10 Dollar Pizza place. They have AMAZING pizza. Walk around to the front of the venue, there is a McDonalds and a Subway across the street. Walk down the street, heading south. There is a chinese restaurant, New Orleans Pizza and Mr. Sub further down. If you keep walking there is also a bunch of restaurant, Tim Hortons and a Coffee Culture.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

General rules, SBR certified (Brawl+ changes in bracket):

-3(4) Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Team attack on
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned. Planking is not allowed.
-DDD's Sanding & walking infinite are not allowed.
-Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
-35 LEDGE GRAB LIMIT. If a player surpasses the limit and the timer runs out, the player who surpassed the limit automatically loses regardless of stock or percent. If both players surpass the limit and the timer runs out, the player who will win is determined by 1st stock and then percentage.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List (Brawl)

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

Everything else.

Stage List (Brawl+)

Starter:

Final D
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Warioware (singles only)
SSE Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pictochat+
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege+ (singles only)
Luigi's Mansion+ (doubles only)
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Rumble Falls+

Banned:

Everything else.​

Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock 2 minute match will be played out on the same stage with the same characters. If Bowser's suicide klaw, Ganondorf's flame choke, Kirby's swallow, DDD's swallow, Diddy's monkey flip, or Wario's bite is the cause of both players dying on their final stock, the player who initiated the attack wins the match.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

GOOGLE MAPS

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
From Toronto

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
This basically shows your turns in Ingersoll.

Staff:

Patches (Brawl TO)
Craig (Guy in charge of the venue. May change to who works that day)
We need someone to do B+!

Please bring setups! We need as many as we can get!

Wii + Brawl:

Patches (x1)
DarkSieg (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 2

Wii + Brawl+:

Patches (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl+ count = 2

Gamecube + Melee:

DarkSieg (x1)
1Kason1 (x1)

Total Gamecube + Melee = 2

TVs:

Patches (x2)

Total TVs = 2

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

Venue (Multiple)
Patches (Multiple)
DarkSieg (x2)

Recording Stations:

Fishy (x1) Maybe

Total recording stations: (1)

Attendance List:

1. Patches
2. DarkSieg
3. HolyNightmare (Maybe)
4. Fishy
6. 1Kason1
7. 5ive (Maybe)
8. Ally (Maybe)
9. Boomy (Maybe)
10. AvariceX

DarkSieg

Smash Rookie
OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGM
I Be Coming, GAURANTEED lol.
Wii + Brawl.
And uh...Yea. :D!

Edit; I can bring melee + GC + Memory Card, Lolol.

Edit2; 2 power bars.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
hmmm... its a shame this is so close but no melee...

honestly... if you promised melee friendlies i would probably come just for that and sign up for brawl singles just so im not wasting space lol.

Patches

Smash Master
hmmm... its a shame this is so close but no melee...

honestly... if you promised melee friendlies i would probably come just for that and sign up for brawl singles just so im not wasting space lol.
What I can promise, is this.

If someone brings a set up for Melee, we can set it up.

5ive

Smash Champion
I don't know. I'll only go if Swizz or Fonez wanna make it out to Ingersol. But someone host plus regardless if I go.

Patches

Smash Master
I don't know. I'll only go if Swizz or Fonez wanna make it out to Ingersol. But someone host plus regardless if I go.
Well, you should definitely convince them.

I will come prob Marcos save me a spot in whoever car =( pwease ill be back by then for sure.
Alright, same thing goes for you as to what I said to Holy. If you come, you already have housing. Anyone who comes from Montreal, already has housing without question.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I would come Patches, but I move to my new house on the 16th. On the 17th my mom has all the appliances coming, Rogers coming and other stuff. So ya...

Patches

Smash Master
I would come Patches, but I move to my new house on the 16th. On the 17th my mom has all the appliances coming, Rogers coming and other stuff. So ya...
It's cool. I might be moving the date to the next saturday anyways. I'll know by monday. Good luck with the move bro. :)

Heey, I'll see if I can go. No promise. ^-^
Cool beans. Bring AvariceX if you can. :)

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
It's cool. I might be moving the date to the next saturday anyways. I'll know by monday. Good luck with the move bro. :)

Cool beans. Bring AvariceX if you can. :)
I'll let him know. =)

Edit: Sorry. I can't make it cause I don't have a ride. -.-

Patches

Smash Master
Just so everyone knows, I MIGHT be moving the date back another week. I dont know yet, I'll let people know as soon as I know.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'll go to this for sure if I'm free for that day; this is too close to pass up. Boomy you have a ride with me if I go.

Patches

Smash Master
Everything is being figured out. I dont even know if the date is official. It may be delayed a week or two. Let me figure things out with the venue, and then I can figure out the fees.

Chances are, everything will DROP by 5 dollars.

Patches

Smash Master
I need to make sure no one shows up for this. The date for this tournament has been changed to august 21st. I'll be making a new thread for it.

Hype.hype.hype.

Top Bottom