• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your worst snake mishaps

strike42

Smash Journeyman
post your worst snake mishaps and moments, when u or the game has screwed u over.

ill go first. i set a mine after my opponent got k.o then after i set it i started to run away from it, but instead i tripped and fell on the mine which killed me.

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Ive had both of those happen to me before. lol. The tripping one twice. I've once thought I had my opponent stuck and I blw myself up for game instead.

theJollity

Smash Rookie
Close-ranged Nikita shot was dodged and I couldn't figure out how to lose control of the ****ed missile :p Everyone attacked me! Also, any time I've run into/blew up while standing on my own bomb.

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
I was working on my Grenade drop combos, and was working on the idea of a Drop Mortar Slide Throw. Well, got interrupted mid slide, hit up - Grenade exploded and resulted in the off-screen death.
Maybe not the worst error, but it was upsetting at the time xD

-Magical Samurai

napZzz

Smash Hero
sticking an opponent only to have them pass it onto me where i blew myself up :(

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Having a nade counter attempt backfire on me so that it blows both me and my opponent straight up, but my opponent recovers from the stun time first and kills me skyward with an uair/bair. Happened more than once lol.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
i thought i stuck a friend in the air, but didnt, didnt notice, clicked it again, began to laugh in his face, only to notice that i was the one spiralling off the screen...

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I had no idea.

Although it seems like doing that would be a good way to catch a hit in the face.

What's an effective way to DO that?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I had no idea.

Although it seems like doing that would be a good way to catch a hit in the face.

What's an effective way to DO that?
Get them in the habit of expecting you to aerial when they're above you. Then, if they're on a platform, hop up towards them from below. They may expect an aerial and shield, you anticipate it and c4 stick instead. Or, if you're falling from above, you can airdodge if they come towards you and immediately c4 stick after if you're still falling in tandem with them.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
Accidentally pulling off an n-air when off the stage, falling helplessly to my doom. It happens all too much on wifi.

Daterian

Smash Cadet
Apart from my C4's going off after a set amount of time while i'm standing on them, or setting a mine, rolling away, forgetting it is there and rolling back onto it ( >_> ) i have pulled out a nade, dropped it and picked it up again only to be launched into the air by my opponent, then as i reached the peak of my launch the nade went off and KO'd me XD

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Problem #1

Situation: Planting C4 on my enemy only later to find out it stuck on me once I was performing a combo on him.

End result - I blew myself up rather then finishing him off with the attack

Reproduction rate = happens almost everytime!

Problem #2

Situation: Placing C4 on a platform somewhere and completely forgeting about it (Smashville for an example)

End Result - C4 happens to go off at the most random times when you're near it

Reproduction rate = happens ALL the time lol!

Angel01

Smash Cadet
i was playing tehrXXzor and he was jiggz. he missed a rest so i charge up f-smash. then, the c-4 that was "cleverly" placed under me while i was charging blew both of us up. no one died but... C-4 strikes back! :psycho:

Top Bottom