• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your wishlist for the two final characters?(Feel free to explain why they should be in Smash)

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
My Wishlist
1. Reimu(Touhou)
2. Porky(Earthbound)
3. KOS-MOS(Xenosaga)
4. "TF2 Class"(Team Fortress 2)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I uh, really want Marioh, he would be the best smash brother, but fur sum reson, he isn't? ωну тнσυgн, he has so much potentel, he can have a cape. I like capes
Give me mario!.png

The roster just feels incomplete without him.

Secondly off, where's Putt-Putt? Celebration of gaeming my behind, wheel is the educateon rep? Putt-Putt would have a dog, and dogs go bark. Am I barking up the wrong tree wanting Putt-Putt, 𝓝𝓞. Putt-Putt represents an important time frame and age and kid age for video gamez that it makes me wonder why he isn't already in, why do they keep putting "Luigi before Mario" picks. I mean, they literally did that .Nintendo please get better with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate picks, I know this is your first time making a game and it's impressive for a first time but the roster of characters from multiple game series is kinda cringe

Rayman and Master Chief. I grew up loving the Halo series and Rayman Legends is one of my favorite platformers of all time. Plus, I think they would be really fun and have really fun movesets for smash.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Isaac
Golden Sun is a series that means a lot to me. While I had played JRPGs before it, none of them sparked as much joy in me as much as the first two games did. I truly believe that there is so much to pull from the video games: the characters, the worldbuilding, the abilities, the music. While I have to admit the characterization, difficulty, and the plot feel a bit lackluster, I believe that there is no experience like opening a Game Boy Advance and hearing the triumphant fanfare of the Golden Sun main theme blasting out of those grainy speakers. Isaac, the main character of the first game, is a hero that I find intriguing. While he isn't characterized too much in the first game, when he receives dialogue and lore in the next two, Isaac is much more hotheaded, yet understanding. His legacy becomes morally grey, as his exploits have caused widespread suffering despite quite literally saving the world from destruction. It leads the player to wonder if it was the right decision to do what they did in the Lost Age.
Golden Sun is a series that deserves a second chance. I believe Smash Bros. is able to give the series that chance, as it did for Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Xenoblade and countless other series. People clamor for a new F-Zero because Captain Falcon was in Smash. This will lead me into my second choice:

Officer Howard
Astral Chain, a fresh new IP created by Platinum and Nintendo. A game that saw success and a beautiful world built from scratch. I find that it suffers much of the same problems Golden Sun does: mediocre story, underdeveloped characters. The gameplay and music make up for it in my opinion: the feeling of finality during Jena's boss fights and the raw emotion in the cutscenes afterward were able to shake my emotions. Officer Howard is a character with so much moveset potential, being a puppeteer sort of character focused heavily on ground combos. With the ability to change legions on the fly, there is an infinite amount of room for imagination when trying to think of how to solve problems.
Officer Howard comes from a video game that will undoubtedly be considered one of the best in the Switch's library. However, if Nintendo refuses to cultivate its popularity further by cementing more of its legacy, it will go the same path as Golden Sun.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
I want the last two fighters to be any of these four:

Rayman: He was one of the first ever video game characters I ever knew and I love him and his series! He’s a fighter both me and my brother really want and I hope he could be part of Fighters Pass 2! He deserves it!

Shantae: I don’t really know her series but I hope to play it soon, from what I’ve seen she looks really cool and I always remembered people talking about voting her in the Smash Ballot! She would also have a super fun move set!

Porky: For some reason Porky himself is missing from the game besides his empty capsule, music and stage, even his Pig King Statue doesn’t have a spirit and it’s right there in the background of New Pork City! He’s one of the main villains of Earthbound and a major threat in The Subspace Emissary, meaning he’s missing in the story of Smash Brothers! I feel like he could be one of the final fighters of Fighters Pass 2 and it would be awesome to see another boss battle become a playable character! I always wanted to play Earthbound and from the stuff I’ve seen and read, Porky‘s amazing!

Geno: Geno is a fighter I’ve always wanted ever since me and my brother noticed his Mii Costume was missing some months after the game came out, I always wanted to play Super Mario RPG as well and from the stuff I also read and seen, it looks so cool! Geno would be an awesome fighter to see, and seeing how Pyra and Mythra are two separate fighters on one slot, I can see both Geno and Mallow being like this as well! I don’t know exactly where he would be, he could be next or last, but whenever he does it will be an exciting day!

There’s plenty of others I want but these are who I hope will be in the last two slots of Fighters Pass 2!

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Scorpion
Dragonborn or Crash Bandicoot
Or Tomb Raider or Sora

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee and Crash Bandicoot.
Bandana Dee
  • Kirby hasn't got a new rep since Brawl for years
  • Modern representation is treated terribly and neglected
  • One of the popular first party picks
Crash Bandicoot
  • Pretty iconic since the Playstation days
  • Is one of the most requested fighters
  • Would be so fun seeing him alongside Mario and Sonic

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The Beheaded from Dead Cells, I believe, would be a perfect left field pick for CP10. Dead Cells is a great indie game and the Beheaded would be perfect in Smash. Think of him like Shovel Knight in Rivals, but with a weapon-change gimmick of some sort.
After then, I think Eggman or Space Invaders would both be great ways to end the Pass. Both legacy characters who would be received extremely well by the community at large and have tons of potential for fun and creative Smash movesets.
And if I had to squeeze one more fighter in? I'd go with Master Hand.
Shadow as CP10, and Excitebiker as CP11

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
So, my first and only pick (which will be extremely unlikely), is good ol' Amy [Amaterasu] from the Okami series.

1614180192909.jpeg

She could have such a unique moveset, and the Okami series really shined on the Wii thanks to the motion control (as opposed to the PS2), and also Nintendo was the only company to have the sequel to the series (Okamiden). I feel like she would make a great pick, and from polls that I have seen around online, she appears pretty popular as a 3rd party character.

Her chances getting in are practically zero, and I can accept that, but I can still dream.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • Sora: My most wanted character for Smash; I don't care about any roadblocks in his way
  • Crash Bandicoot: Another one of my most wanted; it's about time this old rival of Mario and Sonic gets his due in Smash.
  • Bandana Dee: I think, with the advent of 1st party series getting their due in Vol. 2, Kirby should get the same treatment as far as the modern games go, and Bandana Dee would be a perfect choice for that for how often he's appeared since Return to Dreamland.
  • Dr. Eggman: After :ultsephiroth:, Eggman's the next big villain who deserves to square off with his longtime nemesis.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm only going to pick one

Crash Bandicoot

• iconic and popular
  • brings unique movepool
  • Mario vs Sonic vs Crash - I've been waiting 20 years for this!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Crash Bandicoot: Crash has been enjoying a strong resurgence the past few years now, so now is the perfect time to get such an iconic character in. It would be a real shame if it doesn't happen at this point, he's one of the few characters that aren't in the game that'd hit all the right notes.

The Knight: Admittedly very unlikely, but Hollow Knight is one of my favorite games of all-time, and certainly my favorite game that has come out in anything resembling modern times, excluding Ultimate itself. I'll be happy with any representation, whether a Spirit, Mii Costume or a song, but of course a character is the big dream.

Alternatively:

Agumon: Another very unlikely character, but if I get to pick and choose, then Digimon would be one of my top picks, it'd hit me right in the childhood.

Sol Badguy: I'm actually not too invested in the character myself, but it would be a timely inclusion with Guilty Gear Strive around the corner, and I'd be super interested in seeing how they incorporate some of the series' mechanics such as air dashes and roman cancels. Guilty Gear's soundtrack is also too good, it's one banger after another.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toad:
Between being so heavily used in marketing for Nintendo over the years, getting his own game in Captain Toad and being used more and more for Mario platformers to the point Toad is a more common playable character than anyone other than the titular Mario Bros. I still find his exclusion weird as hell.

Now whether that's super speedy Toad from 3D World and SMB2 or the slower but increasingly more relevant Captain Toad is totally up in the air.

Either would be a dream come true for me having wanted the little guy since Smash 64 first released and he's absolutely my most wanted bar none.

Options for the second character:

Tails: I think it's time Sonic got a second character. Both Tails and Eggman make perfect sense for this role and whilst I'd be fine with either, Tails was my first ever video game character and thus my bias is for him.

Meowth: This is the other character I wanted since Smash 64. I always felt Meowth(and Team Rocket) were naturally a better foil to Pikachu than Jigglypuff ever was. Certainly Team Rocket is one of the most famous antagonists not included and would have the added benefit of being a Pokémon that isn't from the current gen.

Dixie Kong: Like Toad(and Meowth in all honesty), Dixie is one of the most recognisable Nintendo characters currently not in the game. DK had to wait a long time for three fighters, I think most would be fine with it getting two in one game.

Impa/Vaati/Tingle: Zelda deserves better than it got fighter wise. Whilst Midna and Skull Kid are the popular Smash choices, I've been on team Impa since we first saw her hinted in a screenshot for Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U.
Vaati was my favourite antagonist prior and adds a 'Toon' villain to the Zelda roster as well as a brand new mage character.
Tingle is just hilarious and is unironically one of the most famous and reoccurring Zelda characters around. Screw the haters, Tingle would be grand.

Officer Howard: Astral Chain has so much potential. That Nintendo fully owns the IP intrigues me as it means they definitely see value in expanded this into a series. Between five different Legions theres a lot of abilities available to Officer Howard.

Chris Redfield: Most Resident Evil fans want either Leon or Jill, but I think it's safe to say Chris is actually the lead at this point having starred in 1, 5, 6, 7(via a DLC campaign and a last minute cameo in the main storyline) and now is very much the face of 8 despite Ethan being the player character.
He's also far handier with his fists(boulder punch and all) which is good since realistic firearms might still be a no-no, and with the current rumours about him perhaps being a werewolf in 8, that easily makes Chris my number one Resident Evil choice.

Bandana Waddle Dee: Slightly less high than Dixie or a new Zelda character for me, but Bandana Waddle Dee definitely is a star on the rise. He'd probably be my last pick from this list but even then I'd be pumped for him.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
my dream: Shantae and Sora

who i think: Monster Hunter and... (unsure of the other one)

Characters like Bandana Waddle Dee seem more suited to being available right out the gate on the next smash game.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
None of these are likely but, my MW are Tidus, Sora, and Isaac
I want Tidus since I liked FFX.
I want Sora and Isaac because I like their movesets in SSF2.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices

New Pokémon Rep, due to this year being their 25th aniversity. With that said, I would choose Lugia (for unrealistic pick (but then again, impossibilities are becoming possible) and Dragapult (for a more realistic pick)
Bandanna Dee, so Kirby can get a fourth rep
Shantae, for an Indie rep
Crash Bandicoot, who is also having a 25th aniversity
Sylux, as Metroid is having a 35th aniversity
New Legend of Zelda Rep, as that franchise is having a 35th aniversity. With that said, I would choose Midna (for unrealistic pick), among others
New Sonic Rep, so the franchise will get more remixes (my choice is Knuckles)
New Mario Rep, given the Mario content we recently got on the switch (my choice is Fawful)

That is all for now

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Crash Bandicoot
  • I consider Crash to be part of the iconic PS1 trio along with Snake and Cloud so it would be great to have all three in.
  • Most of the DLC characters have been humanoids so Crash would be a nice change of pace
  • His popularity isn't restricted to one part of the world
  • He has decent moveset potential especially with the new Crash 4 mask powerups as well as his classic abilities
  • Has a history with and against Nintendo
Dr. Eggman
  • Sonic is arguably the most neglected series in Smash especially in Ultimate where Metroid, Donkey Kong and now Xenoblade have gotten some love
  • Eggman is an iconic villain and despite adding multiple villains in Ultimate, the series is still lacking an evil scientist.
  • I believe his moveset has a ton of potential and can go a variety of different ways.
  • Sonic will finally get more music and would hopefully have a more interesting stage that isn't Green Hill or its rehash.

Honourable mentions: Amaterasu, Rayman, Nightmare (SC), Fulgore, Porky,

Last edited:

Gremlin

Smash Rookie
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.

so there’s a Monster Hunter trophy, and a Monster Hunter boss in the game.

it would only make sense if there was a character from Monster Hunter a DLC, think about it, each move would be attributed to a weapon, gun glave/lancer/hammer

yeah I know we’re tired of swords characters, he has a sword but also a huge array of weapons too.

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TACO#787
CP10 , Crash Bandicoot: I would be having a hard time sleeping if he won't get in, not just because I want him in, but because he is a true gaming icon, from what I know he is the most requested character for the game, and would have a really unique moveset, unless Sakurai makes him Mr. Spin, and with the next reveal most likely being at E3, Crash feels like the innevitable pick now.

CP11 Monster Hunter: Yes I know he is a Mii Fighter but think about it, knowing how the Monster Hunter games work, they could have the Hunter have multiple weapon classes that do not use a sword, and in general it seems like a very likely pick right now, and he is fan requested as far as I know.

Sidenote: Yeah both of these characters are also in the supposed "Concert Leak" which if you ask me is still viable for Smash Speculation, but in the end its all just speculation, only time will tell.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Rayman: I just like him. We also have no Ubisoft fighter in the game yet, and since Ubisoft is so buddy-buddy with Nintendo, that's kinda odd. The only major things he has going against him is his franchise is dormant besides a mobile game, and he's pretty much non-existent in Japan. Everything else is there, moveset potential, etc. Ubisoft even frequently push for him in Smash, that's something Ezio and Rabbids can't say.

Spyro: Okay, I know, I know, Crash is more likely, and more of a so called "gaming icon". Does that mean I have to like him? No, of course not
(he's fine, just not my cup of tea.). You know who I do really like though? Spyro the Dragon. Why though? His games are enjoyable, dragons are cool, his design is cool. Pretty much it.

okay heres more i'd like to be the last two but too lazy to write for rn in this order
  1. Crazy Dave
  2. Klonoa
  3. Doomslayer
  4. Master Chief
  5. Chell

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, if it were up to me it'd be any of my Top 4. I think any of them would make for great choices.

Midna, Elma, Crash or Tifa.

Considering Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra are from the same game/series as two of them. For this pass I'd probably go with Midna and Crash to spread out the series representation a bit more.

toonito

Smash Ace
Sol Badguy and Crash Bandicoot

Fan of their games growing up as well as wanting to see Crash playable alongside Sonic and Mario as well as Sol playable alongside Ryu and Terry.

Honorable mentions: Chun-Li, Zero, Dante, Toad, Doom Slayer

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Dante - If Bayonetta can get it; the much cooler granddaddy of the character action genre deserves to as well. Also, he'd just be a blast to play.

Estelle Bright (or any other Falcom rep) - worth adding for the glorious soundtrack alone. Also, Falcom is the company behind 2 of the best and longest-running JRPG franchises in gaming. I think they've earned it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dante: memes aside, he'd be a ton of fun to play - I played through the Devil May Cry series for the first time a few years ago, and by the time that I had finished Devil May Cry 3, I had already written what was basically three movesets for the guy (it involved weapon-switching, which is why it got so large). Dante's inclusion in Smash Bros. would give us a way to officially have Dante vs. Bayonetta in an action game setting, Capcom's definitely not shy about including their characters in Smash Bros., and even if they stuck with a single game (like Dante in Marvel vs. Capcom 3) or the absolute basics of what he can do (like Bayonetta in Smash Bros.), there'd still be a massive amount of material to work with.

Crash Bandicoot: I don't have a ton of experience with the Crash series (it's mainly the N. Sane Trilogy, CTR Nitro-Fueled, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, and Crash 4, and out of those, all but the Wrath of Cortex were in the past few years), but he seems like a natural inclusion in the game, he's a character that people have wanted to see cross over with Mario and Sonic for a long time, and it seems like the developers could have some fun with his zany, Looney-Tunes-esque animations. Including Coco as a bonus echo fighter would be ideal (Crash's moveset seems like it would be pretty basic so something like a bonus echo might help to catch people off-guard, they play identically in their source material anyway, and it would get Smash up to ninety characters), though I doubt that would happen.

Last edited:

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
I just want Dante. I don't care who the other fighter is if Dante gets in, he's the only character I want that hasn't already been thrown in the garbage. If we're wishful thinking, then I would pick Travis, Doomslayer, Geno, or Bandana Dee (but again, they've all been thrown in the garbage, especially Travis.) Basically anyone that isn't Crash.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
My Ultimate Pipedream: Phoenix Wright and Shantae
Two well known characters in the community, with a lot of requests too, and they have lot to offer content and moveset-wise, and the 3rd party characters with the most "Nintendo" feel and link.
Sadly how things are going now i probably won't ever get even one of them, but who knows?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot: I tend to prefer the colorful and fun platformer characters. He was once Mario's second big rival (obviously the first being Sonic), so to see these three characters duke it out would just feel like the cherry atop the expertly-crafted sundae that is Ultimate. We've also yet to get a character who fills the cartoony role well for this second pass.

Sora: Sure, I could go with who I want most for this spot. Which would be Eggman or Gruntilda, but they kinda fulfill the same niche Crash does. But, my boyfriend is super picky with characters, and as a result, he hasn't gotten anyone he wants yet (which is pretty much just Spyro, Monster Hunter, and Sora). I've already gotten K Rool, Incineroar, Banjo, Sephiroth, and Pyra/Mythra. Spyro is yet another character who scratches the same itch Crash does, so that leaves MH and Sora. MH just got soft-deconfirmed via Mii costumes, and while they'd be great and should be in the game, I think Sora would be the better choice. He's probably the most-wanted character in general. Forget about our bubble here on Smashboards, and even fan polls that will be voted on largely by the more core fanbase. I reckon the majority of casual fans would say Sora when asked who they want in the game. He'd be a Twitter-breaking addition, and imo is the best character to end on. They could even follow-up Sephiroth's trailer with Sora killing Dharkon in one big final battle to end things off with the bang of the century.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Any two of these below I would be super happy with:
1. Octoling
2. Reimu
3. League of Legends champion
4. Neku Sakuraba (I mean they coulda easily said “hey Neku looks cool” after negotiating for Sephiroth finished so easy double dip there, plus TWEWY NEO is on the way)
5. KOS-MOS
6. Elma. Yes, I know, Pythra makes her extremely unlikely but I CAN DREAM

realistically tho, I’m expecting the last two to be Octoling (Splatoon was a huge success, represents 2 and especially the Octo Expansion which were on Switch, maybe a bit of 3 content) and someone from an unrepresented genre (bets are on either LoL for MOBA rep or Reimu for shmup rep)

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Who I want - Takamaru & Mike Jones

3rd parties who I'd be happy with - Earthworm Jim & a Hollow Knight rep (the Knight, Hornet, Zote, etc)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Geno and Crash
Geno is my most wanted character ever and i dont want him to stay dead
if :ultkrool::ulticeclimbers::ultbanjokazooie::ultduckhunt::ultpit: can be revived and live on with Smash then i want Geno to get the same treatment since Square-enix wouldnt do anything with Geno
he has a very unique moveset and can implement timed hit which we dont have yet

Crash is legendary it would be dissapointing if we dont see Mario vs Sonic vs Crash around this time also i grew up with Crash games

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
1. Veronica from DQ11. My favorite character from my favorite game who could have a zoner glass cannon play style. It would be really cool to have a character that could kill you at 40% but die at like 30%. Also because DQ is criminally underrepresented.

2. Batman. He could be a gadget user like snake but with a more aggressive play style. He is one of my fav comic book characters so my hype would be immensely huge if he got in.

3. Master Chief. From my second favorite game and he could use a unique resource management play style, where he has to manage his ammo and weapons.

Top Bottom