• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Usual Gunner Mii Moveset?

DeaJay

Smash Rookie
My opinions on movesets change daily. I don't really think I can settle on one moveset. For now, I've been testing 1112.

I'm always comfortable with Charge Blast.

Flame Pillar is strange. At first I thought having FP and BD in the same moveset was redundant, as they both cover the same options, but that's not the case.

I've been starting to like Lunar Launch. You keep your momentum after activating it, which can be pretty helpful. I still don't like Cannon Uppercut.

Bomb Drop is great. It has decent kill power (kills Mario at like 160% no rage) and it's great for covering your butt when falling back down on stage.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Neutral: either Charge Shot (1) or Grenade Launch (3)
Side: Gunner Missile (3)
Up: either Lunar Launch (1) or Rocket Uppercut (2)
Down: either Bomb Drop (2) or Absorbing Vortex (3)

Absorbing Vortex goes with Rocket Uppercut to prevent awful recovery. Bomb Drop goes with Lunar Launch.

I've heard lots of good things about Grenade Launch, but I personally prefer Charge Shot. That may change soon.

Thus, my four two sets are:

Last edited:

Skailler

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skailler
Grenade Launcher: This is awesome. Decent for edgeguarding, good for narrowing approaches down from my experience (jump and its a Nair/Fair, shield and I get a grab/Bomb Drop for good shield pressure, spotdodge and get hit at the end etc.) and quite useful for camping as well. Only thing I miss is the insta-explosion on contact with another projectile.

Flame Pillar: Mostly because I see Missiles and Stealth Burst even worse. Dont get me wrong, I like FP, but I dont use it too often. Basically another version of Fair with less range, more lag and KB. Meh.

Lunar Launch (Thats the default one right?): Gotta love that spike. Cannon Uppercut looks neat as well, but I dont like the recovery trade. The one you can angle just seems like Brawl Extremespeed to me, just even worse.

Bomp Drop: Actually my favorite custom move. Covers me well when coming from above, can be laid on platforms to create pressure, does decent shielddamage iirc, can kill later on... Love this move. Echo Reflector seems to have its uses as well, although I dont really use it that much. Vortex... naaaaah. Maybe it it had a hitbox.

Top Bottom