• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Unrealistic Changes to Characters

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
No offense, but that's a big wall of text. If you could break it down more, more people would read it. I think I've actually opened up that thread before and just ignored the post because that's the Great Wall of China.
Oof. This is why I kinda wanted to make each move into a sketch similar to a design outline. I'm just hilariously terrible at drawing, but it probably would get the point across better than a bulleted list. :c

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
What do you think about KO Punch disappearing after being hit? I could live with a weaker KO Punch that doesn't go away, as long as it doesn't kill at 20%. It would fit the trend of Arsene and Waft.
I can see both sides of the idea...
On one hand, it's the same as Punch Out and makes sense to be able to remove a super powerful move.
On the other, yeah it's kind of dumb how a single hit can remove it on an already simple character.

I'd guess I'd make it so it goes away after taking like 35% or something like that...

This is pretty much just my buff wishlist re-hashed:

:ultkrool:
-Faster run speed
-Crown, when dropped, can only hit King K once before going back to his head
-Kannonball has more priority, tearing through weaker projectiles without stopping
-Less landing lag on Nair and Fair
I agree with all of these and more.
Belly Armor also needs more health, it's dumb how it can break in 1-2 hits.

Case and point.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
:ultdk:- Change Down B to barrel chug projectile.

:ultness: - Change Forward B to invisible Shield Reflector. Change Recovery to Teleport. Change Natural B to PK Rockin'

:ultpikachu:- Change Forward B to Iron Tail.

:ultbowserjr:- Change Final Smash to Shadow Mario transformation.

1FC0

Smash Lord
R.O.B. should have 2 Gyro's like he has in Gyromite and he should switch between his Gyromite hands and his Stack-Up hands and he should have Arm Rotor replaced with a move based on Stack-Up that can reflect. He should also have a move that can heal him and something that can be utilised to escape Zelda's Final Smash.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
:ultridley:
Wing Blitz
Make it like Pit's Power of Flight, but with a hitbox. Or, alternatively, make it like Pit's Wings of Pegasus. If the latter, change the name to Wicked Wings, after the description of Ridley's trophy from SSBM.

Space Pirate Rush
Great move, but I'd like a few more changes. When Ridley lunges forward, he has intangibility, meaning his side special would behave as though he dodged an attack and countered. Maintain the damage output and kill throw.

Skewer
Make it so that Ridley's tail drives into the ground and strikes up out of the ground. If we had a cross-section of this attack, Ridley's tail would curve like the letter U. This can be used to block projectiles as well. When Ridley is in the air, cause Skewer to strike the nearest target so that his tail whip attack is properly portrayed like it was in Metroid: Other M. I think MOM's version is based off Ridley's 2D stab animation, and it is one of the coolest representations.

D-air
Yoshi generates a sort of shock wave when using down special. Why doesn't Ridley when he drops to the ground? Add this shock wave effect. Ridley had an attack like this in Metroid Prime after his wings are burned off.

Weight
Make Ridley heavier than everyone except Bowser, because, you know, Miyamoto privilege. Keep Ridley's speed as is. He's heavy and fast in his games. So don't slow his *** down.
:ultridley:

I like your post, Crystanium! Your rework of skewer is quite interesting. I love his current skewer, but do find it hard to pull off against stronger opponents, but I am admittedly not too great at using it.

Jumps
I love off-stage play with Ridley, chasing and killing other players while they're trying to recover. I one time saw a suggestion for a fourth jump for Ridley, and that'd be so awesome. I also wouldn't mind his air jump having a bit more vertical height to it (but not off-stage jump, as that'd mess up his short hop aerials).

Wing Blitz
Octadirectional control, rather than four directions, would be so cool. I love the angles of his forwards and backwards wing blitz options, but do wish he had four more for upleft, upright, downleft, and downright on the analog stick. Any more than 8 would become, at least in my opinion, hard to execute with a gamecube controller since you'd have to put the stick between notches, and would probably mess me up during a match more than help.

Weight
Agreed with Crystanium. Make him heavier.

Plasma Breath
Allow some tilt on the analog stick after committing to pressing the B button to angle the plasma breath, much like Dedede's gordo can be angled to go either further or bounce higher.
Basically all this(which I feel is completely possible and SHOULD happen) and in addition, making him even bigger would be hilarious, like slightly shorter then a mega mushroom

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I would give Robin the ability to discard their tomes whenever they want. It would make Robin much more versatile and item focused, could be used to edge guard, and would make Elwind a better move. When Elwind is used without a charge, you get a small boost and can act afterward, similar to Yoshi's Up B. If Robin could use this on command, Robin would have a MUCH better disadvantage state.

Last edited:

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
:ultsonic: - change side b to boost (give him boost meter)
-if you down b in the air you drop dash
-change forward air to his air axe kick from sonic battle
-change his up smash is the grounded axe kick
-change nair to insta shield from s3
-change dsmash as the break dance kick from sonic battle
-dash attack as the kartwheel kick form sonic advanced
-if there is no nearby target when doing a homing attack or activate it with :GCA: instead of :GCB: you do an air dash forward

these changes would make him a lot more game accurate and gives him more moves that aren't him in a ball or an animation from another character

1FC0

Smash Lord
He's not playable but I hate it when Knuckles uses the Homing Attack. It looks weird and he cannot use it canonically.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
:ultsonic: - change side b to boost (give him boost meter)
-if you down b in the air you drop dash
-change forward air to his air axe kick from sonic battle
-change his up smash is the grounded axe kick
-change nair to insta shield from s3
-change dsmash as the break dance kick from sonic battle
-dash attack as the kartwheel kick form sonic advanced
-if there is no nearby target when doing a homing attack or activate it with :GCA: instead of :GCB: you do an air dash forward

these changes would make him a lot more game accurate and gives him more moves that aren't him in a ball or an animation from another character
Sonic will likely become a high tier with these changes but a much better designed fighter... I wish smash put their focus on making a reasonable amount of great fighters instead of shoving in all of the fighters into one game.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
He's not playable but I hate it when Knuckles uses the Homing Attack. It looks weird and he cannot use it canonically.
he can technically use it (he does in heroes and the rivals games off the top of my head) but yeah it would make more sense to give him a spin dash instead

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Isn't Sonic the one who uses Homing Attack in Heroes?
I assume he's referring to the fact that when Sonic does it, Tails and Knuckles follow. Which is a stretch, but technically true that they're performing the action.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I assume he's referring to the fact that when Sonic does it, Tails and Knuckles follow. Which is a stretch, but technically true that they're performing the action.
I was thinking about that too, but I do not remember the game that well. However they also move around weirdly to keep up with the character and when you switch they can also move around weirdly so them following seems to be more just something to make the mechanic work than really a canon ability of them.

So that would leave Sonic Rivals as the only game. However I know nothing about that game and never played it so I cannot confirm or deny it.

Spin Dash would have been better but I think Knuckle's best representation would be punching, digging, gliding, climbing, and jumping as a ball. Spin Dash is still more a Sonic thing. Knuckles probably only got it because Sonic does it (just like Tails) and in some games where both Knuckles and Sonic are playable only Sonic can do it.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
After playing DQXI, I have some ideas for :ulthero:. Hehehe....

• Make his FSmash into Falcon Slash.
  • Make his Down Smash and Up Smash into Quadraslash.
  • Increase Zoom's appearance chance whenever Hero is off-stage.
  • Give Hero an increased chance of parrying attacks when shielding.
  • Give him Kafrizzle after charging it up all the way instead of just Kafrizz.
  • Give him Zing in his Down B, allowing for him to recover/gain a stock, with a 1% chance of appearing and a 50% chance of actually working.
  • Give him Fuddle in his Down B that kind of works like Mewtwo's Disable, and Kafuddle that reverses enemy control.
  • Give him Kabuff that works similarly to Shulk's Shield Monado Art, albeit without the decreased attributes.
  • Give him Omniheal/Fullheal that heals his entire percentage, but appears at a 1% chance, and only once per match, for 30 MP.
  • Allow Hero to get pepped up randomly upon taking damage (0.01% chance every hit Hero takes) or casting the Pep Up skill (which also has a 1% chance of appearing for 50 MP, but lasts 15 seconds), increasing his Strength (damage and knockback), Resilience (knockback resistance and damage resistance), and critical hit rate on ALL attacks instead of just Smash attacks for 30 seconds maximum. Can only happen once per stock.
    • In addition to getting pepped up, Hero can has an additional fifth command selection that is purely for Pep Powers that costs 0 MP, but removes Hero's boosted attributes after using it.
      • Said Pep Powers are:
        • Sword of Succor: double-damage to one enemy, restores percentage & MP by 50% of damage dealt, has a 25% chance of appearing.
        • Arboria's Blessing: restores 25% of current percentage to Hero, restores 8% of percentage and MP to Hero for 10 seconds, has a 15% chance of appearing.
        • Brownie Boost: raises Hero's damage/knockback by 50%, damage and knockback resistance by 100%, and restores percentage/MP by 8% for 10 seconds, has a 10% chance of appearing.
        • 0 Zone: eliminates MP cost for Hero for 10 seconds, but will not work with Magic Burst, has a 49% chance of appearing.
        • Gigaburst: instakills all enemies, but has a 1% chance of appearing and can only appear once per game.

This should make up for his slow aerials. :troll:

D

Deleted member

:ultzelda::ultsheik: - Ultimate's at a stage where I think they can go back to the classic changing mechanic between Zelda and Sheik. Plus if they remade Sheik's design to be more in line with the Link Between Worlds artstyle, that would have been badass.

:ultchrom::ultlucina: - Just... give them different movesets. I know that's an obvious complaint for echo fighters, but it's one I feel the most with Fire Emblem given how many Marth derivatives there are.

:ultmetaknight: - Make him Brawl Meta Knight again.

:ultsnake: - Bring his old down smash back from Brawl. The one where he sets a mine on the ground.

:ultkingdedede: - Reduce his weight and lag. Seriously.

:ultlittlemac: - I love Punch Out, but it feels weird how Little Mac plays nothing like he does in his original games. Like, power and Little Mac typically don't go together. It's about dodging and countering effectively to meticulously dismantle your opponent. Wouldn't mind if Sakurai reworked him a bit.

:ultpacman: - Give us Pac-maze.

:ultbowserjr: - Rework him entirely to where he's more built around the paint brush from Sunshine. This might come at the cost of the Koopalings, but I don't even use them enough to warrant their cool factor.

:ultcloud: - More Final Fantasy content

:ultcorrin: - More FE Fates content, primarily music.

:ultkrool: - Bring him back to 1.0 King K. Rool

:ulthero: - One friend really wanted a female alt for Hero, so I guess I'll ask for that.

Oddball

Smash Lord
:ultbowserjr: - Rework him entirely to where he's more built around the paint brush from Sunshine. This might come at the cost of the Koopalings, but I don't even use them enough to warrant their cool factor.
I actually prefer using the Koopa Kids and almost never use Bowser Jr.

D

Deleted member

I actually prefer using the Koopa Kids and almost never use Bowser Jr.
It's a great idea. I just thought it took away from what made Bowser Jr. special and I'm biased toward my Gamecube nostalgia back when Sunshine was a thing.

UserKev

Smash Champion
It's a great idea. I just thought it took away from what made Bowser Jr. special and I'm biased toward my Gamecube nostalgia back when Sunshine was a thing.
I totally agree. The adding of the Koopalings feel nitpicky and basically steal Bowser Jr's appeal. Imagine the alt customs potential of Bowser Jr. we would have gotten.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Bowser Jr.'s paintbrush was a single game thing and has not reappeared in any capacity since then. At the absolute most it could be one of his moves, but definitely not a whole moveset.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
:ultvillager: Up Tilt is changed to Villager lifting and expanding an Umbrella upwards, Side Tilt is changed to Axe Swing, no longer tying it to Down B. Down B is also changed so that any attack with the slash or stab effect knocks it down instead of destroying it.

:ultness::ultlucas: After using PK Fire, it can't be used again until the continuously-damaging fire spot that it creates has disappeared.

:ultpacman: The trampoline is now able to interact with items that hit it and also is no longer able to be attacked.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
:ultbayonetta:
  • Increase witch time length. Right now it's too short to actually be useful and reliable.
  • reduce startup time for witch time
  • smash attacks have more damage and knockback
  • nair has more knockback
  • reduced lag after landing with ABK and witch twist
I think these buffs would help her a lot.

Last edited:

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Remove Chrom and Lucina, make them costumes for Marth and Roy like Alph.

Completely rework Sonic to not be "spin, the character"

Give Little Mac just a little more air game.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I totally agree. The adding of the Koopalings feel nitpicky and basically steal Bowser Jr's appeal. Imagine the alt customs potential of Bowser Jr. we would have gotten.
I disagree. I like the Koopalings and think they come at a very cheap price, and I can't think of a better alt for Bowser Jr, espcially if it only changes his colors. The Koopa Kids from Mario Party? That would be the same as the Koopalings, but worse.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I disagree. I like the Koopalings and think they come at a very cheap price, and I can't think of a better alt for Bowser Jr, espcially if it only changes his colors. The Koopa Kids from Mario Party? That would be the same as the Koopalings, but worse.
Bowser Jr. could have amazing alts. Black, purple, red, blue, orange, silver. Also:

His shadow Mario mask. So much potential.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. could have amazing alts. Black, purple, red, blue, orange, silver. Also:

His shadow Mario mask. So much potential.
We just have to agree to disagree. I find the Koopalings way cooler than a recolored Bowser Jr, with or without the mask.

Oddball

Smash Lord
:ultbowser: Bowser needs better taunts. There's essentially three sides to his personality, the bully, the monster, and the goof. They got the monster good with the roar, but I think they need something a bit more bully like to replace the snaps. His hopping is also a bit too silly.

:ultfalcon: The Falcon Punch is his most Iconic move, but it takes so long to do it practically worthless in a fight. Maybe changing it to a charge. if you just push the button his does a quick falconpunch but holding the button would charge up his FALCOOOOOOOON PUNCH until you released it.

:ultcloud:Cloud needs to talk in english.
He needs a dress as an alt costume.
His sword really doesn't feel like it hits hard enough.
He also needs more Final fantasy content, some spirts, a few mii costumes, more music, etc...

:ultdk: One of his moves needs to involve throwing a barell, even if it's just his Final Smash.

:ultmiifighters:I appreciate the effort they put into the new default mii costumes, but the extra details on the suits make it harder to make some of the characters you might want. It locks down the design too much.
Also there are a lot of Mii hats that are just the characters heads as hats when using them as full face masks would work better.
Why do we have mii costumes of characters that are already in the game? Does anybody use the Captain Falcon, Link, or Fox suits?

:ultmegaman: None of his attacks really have a good SMASH to them. He needs at least one good attack to launch people.

:ultmario:They need to stop trying to adapt Mario to the newer games. No Cappy. No Fludd. Mario just needs to be basic Mario.
Bring back his Fire Mario colors and the red overalls blue shirt combo
Bring back his Spin

:ultluigi:Luigi's starting to get a little bit too wacky. The might want to tone that down just a tad.

:ultlink:Green suited Link with a hat needs to be the default.

:ultdaisy:I realize Daisy only got into the game as an Echo, but I'd realy love to see her ditch all that and come in with her sports outfit and a new set of moves. No Toad.

:ultpeach:Also no Toad. let Toad be his own playable character

:ultpit:Pit was brought back with the idea "What if the Kid Icarus series had continued? What would he look like now?" I wouldn't mind them keeping with that idea and contining to uopdate his look much like they do with Link.

:ultsheik:I think Sheik is past the point of relevancy. You could keep her moves and just give them to Impa.

:ultrichter::ultsimon:I'd love it if they had a taunt where the posed dramatically and said "Die Monster!"

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:ultmewtwo: needs a playstyle far less involved with his tail, and more on psychic powers. More of his attacks should be ranged, he needs to be heavier and even stronger while maintaining the speed he has. Disable needs to be replaced with a decent ranged command grab , speaking of, his grab range should be disjointed and enormous like the psychic he is.

UserKev

Smash Champion
:ultkirby: Change Forward B to Meteor Rush rollout.
:ultlucario: give Lucario his aerodynamic run animation from the anime. Seriously.
:ultganondorf: Down B ground pound and Blast Volley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:ultdiddy: Make him no longer dependant on Bananas and more of a rushdown character. Replace Banana Peel with a chargeable Cartwheel attack with high speed and good combo potential. Make N Air much like Kirby's improved N Air. More tail attacks for example F Tilt and the end of the Jab combo. Give F Smash a 3rd hotbox when Diddy turns around with the twist punch and make him hit enemies with a tail sweep. Make F Air work like in Brawl or Smash 4. Up B is like R.O.B.'s and you can shoot peanuts while using it.

M2 Is God

Smash Rookie
:ultmewtwo: How to make Mewtwo overpowered.
Get rid of the hurtbox on his tail
Give him the ability to act out of teleport and the ability to hover like in Project M
Make able to float cancel his aerials
Increase his weight.
Allow double jump cancels with his aerials
Make his nair have have a bit of priority.
Increase the hitstun of his up throw so he can combo with it.
Make it so confusion acts a third jump again for recovery like in smash 4.

Could probably add more but these changes would make Mewtwo broken in my opinion

BowserKing

Smash Lord
A new idea I have

:ultlucario:: Side Smash could be changed to the bone smack attack that Pokémon uses (got the idea from Pokémon Shield). With that, we have a ground type attack in the game.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
:ultkirby::
Buff airspeed to match :ultyoshi:
Buff dash speed to match :ultsonic:
Buff Hammer to be the same as :ultkingdedede: down-b fully charged, while the aerial and uncharged versions change to match :kirby2:.
Buff Stone to hit twice on shield, increase heavy armor to 50%, start super armor on frame 10, and allow OOS use in addition to have shortened end lag and immunity to grabs when used OOS.
Buff Dair and Fair startup to frame 8, while also increasing frame advantage for dair by decreasing landing lag and increasing landing hit hitstun.
Buff Inhale by removing rate of losing abilities entirely unless Kirby is KO’ed and allow ability selection on character select screen.
Buff Final Cutter by reducing lag to frame 3 startup, reducing end lag, buffing projectile speed, increase horizontal drift, and automatic ledge sweet spot.
Make it so that whether or not Smash Ball and FS meter are turned off, Kirby always has FS meter turned on.
Make it so that hecking fthrow allows followups on stupid platforms.
This would make him broken.

Superxav12

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-9971-2240
Make Dark Samus have a bit faster movement and a mewtwo like nair, also change screw attack to a nerfed version of apex screw attack from smash 4. I just want D.Samus to be more than "Samus but with electricity". Also make her fire based moves like missile to aura, just a visual change but it fits the phazon look

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
unrealistic changes? how about giving dedede shield pressure

Geddit since dedede has never gotten a single buff

Top Bottom