• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Unrealistic Changes to Characters

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:ultkirby:-Dash Attack is Sword of Fire (Combo Ability) and his Final Smash would be him inhaling the entire Halberd firing lazers and the claw thing from the background (Yes! The. Whole. Halberd)
I do like most of your changes, but out of curiosity, what would happen here if Kirby was already fighting on the Halberd stage?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
There's no need to change it because of a stage. *Glares at Chrom* For that matter, the Blue Falcon appears in Big Blue.
I think that's kind of a false equivalence, considering the Halberd is literally what you fight on in the latter half of the stage... if Kirby just turns into the stage, I can see that kind of being a problem for a variety of reasons.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think that's kind of a false equivalence, considering the Halberd is literally what you fight on in the latter half of the stage... if Kirby just turns into the stage, I can see that kind of being a problem for a variety of reasons.
Just make it a cutscene and you're good.

Talk about some unrealistic change to Kirby... if only there was a thread to share those kind of unrealistic changes to characters...

:p

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Talk about some unrealistic change to Kirby... if only there was a thread to share those kind of unrealistic changes to characters...

:p
I knew someone would come along and say this, and all I can say is there's a different between just being "unrealistic" and directly conflicting with other assets of the game from a logistical standpoint. An "unrealistic" change would be something like giving Dedede the best airspeed in the game. Is it possible? Technically, yes, but are the devs ever going to elect to make that change? Definitely not. That's not to say having Kirby transform into the Halberd isn't also unrealistic, but I do think suggestions made in this thread should at least be logistically sound, even if patently ridiculous.

Last edited:

Gobthor

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3201-4105-0939
:ultluigi:: Remove misfiring and give Luigi's side-b more range, never gonna happen but worth suggesting.

:ultganondorf:: Increase lag on sword by like, twice as much. I used to be a prominent Ganondorf player, but now that he's being abused by c-stick spammers I feel too much shame to play him on Ultimate. Make Ganondorf bad again!

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
:ultganondorf:: Increase lag on sword by like, twice as much. I used to be a prominent Ganondorf player, but now that he's being abused by c-stick spammers I feel too much shame to play him on Ultimate. Make Ganondorf bad again!
h o w d a r e y o u

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
:ultroy:: Hitboxes on ftilt and jab now match Chrom's(doesn't change the fact that Chrom's are better).
:ultchrom:: Double-Edge Dance's third hit regardless of variation has lower knockback allowing it to conect and actually kill at reasonable percents. Soaring Slash has Chrom fall faster, meaning he'll ALWAYS lose his stock first regardless of where he initiates it from. Soaring Slash 1V1 damage: 26>21.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
:ultshulk: - Gets Monado Purge as a projectile, which prevents anyone hit with it from using special moves for a few seconds.
:ultike: - Sword beam neutral special.
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy: - Victory theme is the Octo Valley "Stage Clear" theme, rather than. . . whatever what we have right now is.
:ultrobin::ultrobinf: - Final Smash is S-Supporting anyone hit with it.
:ultroy: - Selecting him on the character select screen has the announcer yell out "Failure" instead of his name. Also applies to all other instances where his name would be said.
:ultisabelle: - Gets a gun.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
New character change

:ultdarksamus:'s up special changes to using her tentacle move (shown in her assist trophy in Smash 4)

D

Deleted member

I would have given Dark Samus an alt based on Samus’s suit as a little nod to SA-X.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Just give me Smash 4 Link back. with an Updated to his normal attacks, so it includes his hidden skills he learns in Twilight Princess.

Edit. Change his Red alt to magic armor, Blue alt Zto ora armor. Lavender alt to ranch outfit, SS alt to sumo shirtless alt... Yellow alt. make him glow like when he drinks fairly tears. Keep Dark and FD alts.

Edit again. Change his bow to the crossbow, give him bomb arrows. amd lit the gale boomerang pull items to him with an automatic pick up.

Last edit. Give him his double clawshot. but if he misses his first shot, he gets another try and he can turn himself around. But if he misses the second shot he has to wait an like he did in Melee to recover.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
:ultsonic: needs a complete revamp. here's how I'd do it:

Change design to Classic

Give proper alts

change aerials: Neutral Air is basically the same, Side and Back Air are the fire shield, Up Air is the electric shield and Down Air is the bubble shield. all of these shields work not only as attacks, but can also absorb projectiles of their type.

Down B is a hybrid of the 2 spin dashes: multi-tap to charge it up, there is a jump when you start rolling.

when using in the air, Down B becomes the Drop Dash.

Side B is the Boost. has a gauge for charge.

new on-stage appearance: Sonic jumps out of the ring from the first game's title screen

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
My changes are all aesthetic changes:
:ultyoshi: give him not only his orange colour to replace the ugly Crafted World colour, but also change the order so that it matches the levels you use the Yoshis in Yoshi's Island (green for first, pink for second, etc.)
:ultrosalina: give the Luma a unique colour depending on which costume you use. This so if you're ever playing a match with more than one Rosalina, players don't get confused as much as to which Luma belongs to whom, similar to how Ice Climbers change colours for both Popo and Nana.
:ultcloud: make some of his costumes less dark because right now it's very difficult to distinguish any of his colours from one another.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I was on Discord and had an interesting conversation about the Hero which led to me making this statement;

Make his moves all giant text boxes mimicking that of the JRPGs of days past. Expand upon the concept of nearly always being punished whenever you whiff an attack. For example, his Neutral Special could have the Hero almost swing his sword before a text box appears before him; "The Hero Attacks!" dealing knockback. I'll admit it's really only something I find interesting, but I think it'd stay true to the original Dragon Quest; the one that revolutionized this genre as a whole.

Who knows, maybe it's sacrilege to die~hard DQ fans to not have the characters use their weapons in the traditional sense, but whenever I think of Dragon Quest, I think of a series of text boxes, allowing you to do battle with all the goons scattered across the land. Making Hero reflect that would be pretty nifty, but I understand why they took the realistic and way more sensical approach.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I decided to rethink Mario's moveset a bit.

His Hammer would be his side special, and he gets is down Special from Melee back. F.L.U.D.D would still be an item.

Also a change for Pokémon Trainer. Shield B would change Pokémon instead of Down B.
Squirtle would use Shell Slam as it's down special. It's neutral special would do slight damage instead of just giving them knockback.
Ivysaur would spin it's vines like a whirlpool, behaves like Luigi and Dr.Mario's down special.
Charizard would use it's down special it used in Super Smash Bros 4.

That is all I got.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
This is what I would do for Ness and Lucas.

TL;DR, give them both totally different special moves to fully decouple themselves away from original/semi-clone status.

Have both of them have PP bars that act like mana that is only used on special moves.

Ness gets much better PSI Magnet that can grant more PP when absorbing and can absorb everything

Lucas gets a PSI Shield that prevents a certain amount of damage while also healing him over time

Ness's PK Fire can be "dragged" in a direction while holding the enemy within the pillar for potential setups

Lucas gets PK Love to replace PK Fire, and it's a special debuff that pulses on an enemy and knocks them back in set intervals. Great for aggressively extending combos

Lucas PK Freeze freezes for longer early on and is more controllable

Ness gets PSI Rockin as new Neutral-B and is a spammable small wave that allows Ness to do more and more damage to the enemy the more they get hit by it

Ness's PK Thunder basically has all recovery counters removed other than taking the hit before he hits himself

Lucas gets PK Ground to replace PK Thunder and acts like Weavile's Icicle Crash from Pokken (if you know that one lol)

Ness's PK Flash is his new Down-B and is basically like Snake's C4 that you can place anywhere and gains special effects that you can choose

Lucas's new Down-B is PSI Counter, and it creates a clone of the enemy that hit you and does the last attack they did, like a mirror. You don't have to have them hit you to do this.

These are probably the craziest ones I've done honestly.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
A few changes For Chrom:

-All the animations he shares with Marth; there is a reason why some people thought he was going to be an echo of Ike.
-Up Smash to something like this move from Project X Zone, his dash attack as a jump attack like Link's but with a front flip, and his down Air to this; All three moves as high risk high reward moves, to put emphasis in his reckless nature in battle.
-His Up Special to this. It would work like Incineroar's recovery except for the disjointed hitbox at the begining.
-Neutral Special to this move he and Lucina do in this cutscene (it would also work as a horizontal recovery)
-F Special to a Javelin throw as a projectile (seriously, why aren't the Fire Emblem characters using their secondary weapons?)

Also, Make Lucina his echo/semi-clone since it's canon that she fights like him and not Marth. Also+, make her shorter (she is at least 10cm shorter than him)

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
A few changes For Chrom:

-All the animations he shares with Marth; there is a reason why some people thought he was going to be an echo of Ike.
-Up Smash to something like this move from Project X Zone, his dash attack as a jump attack like Link's but with a front flip, and his down Air to this; All three moves as high risk high reward moves, to put emphasis in his reckless nature in battle.
-His Up Special to this. It would work like Incineroar's recovery except for the disjointed hitbox at the begining.
-Neutral Special to this move he and Lucina do in this cutscene (it would also work as a horizontal recovery)
-F Special to a Javelin throw as a projectile (seriously, why aren't the Fire Emblem characters using their secondary weapons?)

Also, Make Lucina his echo/semi-clone since it's canon that she fights like him and not Marth. Also+, make her shorter (she is at least 10cm shorter than him)
Wait, is Project X Zone even a proper Nintendo property?

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I'd make it so every character had an alt skin based on how they would look in the N64. Ultra unrealistic.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is Project X Zone even a proper Nintendo property?
I just used these clips to show the moves but, the developer, Monolith Soft, is owned by Nintendo since 2007. So, the answer is Yes? In before Reiji & Xiaomu for Smash

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
I just used these clips to show the moves but, the developer, Monolith Soft, is owned by Nintendo since 2007. So, the answer is Yes? In before Reiji & Xiaomu for Smash
Oh, cool. Probably is then. I like your ideas for Chrom btw. Would be great to have a swordsman with a bit more... recklessness. I guess Ike kinda hits that, but I can easily see Chrom being a more extreme version without having really slow frame data.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's one thing to think about overhauling an entire fighter (you'd have to wait for the next game) but it's also fun to think of semi-unrealistic changes that could be made. Basically, things that could be patched and updated, but definitely won't be.

:ultridley:
1. Have his Up special with less start up lag.
2. To fix some of the input issues in the Up special, have the 45° tilt always bring you up or down so you don't accidentally go a direction you don't want to go.
3. Increase his weight to be closer to Samus.
4. Have the start up for the Down special be a lot shorter but keep the end lag the same. It will still be a horrible move, but a slightly less horrible move.

:ultdk::ultbowser::ultdiddy:
1. Each now uses their canon voices.

:ultfalco:
1. Fire Falco has blue flames instead of red. Only an aesthetic change.

:ultsamus:
1. Dash is a little faster.
2. Air speed is a little faster.

:ultlittlemac:
1. All of his tilts are faster and follow up into other moves better. Especially his down tilt.
2. His air dodge moves farther.
3. Let him reuse his Jolt Haymaker after being hit off stage.

Now for Echo changes!

:ultdaisy:
1. Second jump is a tiny bit higher but her float lasts a tiny bit shorter.
2. Vegetables are now red in color resembling radishes.
3. The chances of certain vegetable faces appearing are slightly different from Peach.

:ultdarksamus:
1. Retains the same speed while Samus gets slightly faster.
2. Bombs drop slightly faster and have a larger hitbox.
3. Charge shot charges a few frames sooner.

:ultrichter:
1. Dodge distance is slightly farther.
2. But the Cross travels slightly shorter.
3. Tosses Axe at a slightly different arch. Going less high but a little farther.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
:ultkrool:
1. Can't lose krown anymore
2. side special allows you to both manually start the suction instead of shooting if one so choose to do so(via holding the button instead of tapping initially_, you can also aim the kannon ball during the initial firing as opposed to only if you suck it back in.
3. Belly armour either now ignores disjoints as well as regular attacks or it works the same as it does now and no longer is breakable
4. Helipack can be canceled early wherein k.rool will not go into free fall and will be able to use any of his aerials(but will not be able to use his helipack again until he lands back on the ground)

Reduced end lag on all his aerials i could actually see happening reasonably so i didn't include that as much as i also want to see it.

:ultridley:
1. up special can be aimed in all the same directions as fox/falco's up special
2. Has 4 jumps and the third jump isn't as lackluster
3. Slightly increase weight OR increase air speed
4. Remove the weakpoint mechanic from plasma breath
5. Replace the current dair with a new more useful dair that's based on his signature tail-pogo attack from super metroid

:ultmetaknight:
1. Bring the currently embarassing range on his hitboxes back to how it was in brawl, that's all i ask

:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:: allow the option to either play as all three with trainer or play as just one with caveat of getting an extra special move in exchange to not being able to switch ~~ijustwanttobeabletosolomainivysaurok~~

:ultlittlemac:: Redesign the character completely. no longer ridiculously strong on the ground, no longer has zero air game, recovery is decent, KO punch is replaced with a star punch gimmick wherein he gains stars from well timed interruptive hits much like in his game of origin

:ultkirby:
1. increase air speed
2. revert hammer to it's melee version

:ultjoker:: nerf arsene's power but buff regular joker just a tad in exchange.

Last edited:

GhostM

Phantom
:ultfalcon:

- Increased initial dash distance. His initial dash in Smash 4 was amazing, but not in this game. For a character who relies on speed he has an extremely low distance for initial dash.
- Fix turnaround speed since it’s the slowest in the game, slower than every single heavy.
- Remove rockcrocking. You shouldn’t be punished for landing your recovery move on someone.
- Fix his jab. His jab tends to whiff sometimes. You shouldn’t be punished for this.
- Grab OOS needs a buff, and so does dash grab.
- Remove the hand hitbox during utilt. His leg is intangible but he has a hitbox of his hand in front of it, making it completely useless.

- Fix his Raptor Boost. It’s better, but it still misses sometimes when it’s not supposed to.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Fix Wario's model. Wario has always had this terribly short and squat model since Brawl. He's shorter than Mario! It's simply that his body is too small and his arms are too short. Making them slightly bigger would do wonders and make him look more like himself. Here's what I have in mind.

mariowario1.gif

BowserKing

Smash Lord
New change (this time for a surprise)

:ultincineroar::ultkrool: and :ultwolf: would have their land speed increased a bit.
:ultkingdedede: would have his air speed increased a bit.
And to finish it off, one of the alternate costumes of :ultsquirtle: should be the Squirtle with Sunglasses

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty much just my buff wishlist re-hashed:

:ultkrool:
-Faster run speed
-Crown, when dropped, can only hit King K once before going back to his head
-Kannonball has more priority, tearing through weaker projectiles without stopping
-Less landing lag on Nair and Fair

:ultbayonetta1:
-Implement a Wicked Weave combo system (after landing so many hits in a true combo, a Wicked Weave is used to potentially KO)
-Fix Witch Time so it's actually rewarding (pretty much make me invincible against the person I caught or make it last longer. I'd be happy with either)
-Just one more kill move, I don't even care which one. I just need more kill options

:ultisabelle:
-Fishing rod catches on shield (this one is probably my most unrealistic)
-Lloyd Rocket kills at 130 on mid-weight characters
(That's really about it, I don't think Isabelle is that bad)

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
In the minority with this one, :ultlittlemac: has a great idea for a design and it pushes the limits of what a Smash character can do at any level.

Execution wise, yeah they screw the pooch on this one. It's clear they weren't keen on making the character fly after all the nerfs, no matter what he got in return. Quick normal's, armored smash attacks and K.O Punch clearly weren't enough to make up for pitiful aerials, a bottom 5 recovery and the worst grab game in Ultimate. (I guess they forgot that decent grabs and throws are required for good ground coverage)

Not even Dash Canceled Grounded Attacks could save him.

B = buff
N = nerf

Here's my idea of a Mac redesign and bringing him back up:

B = All nerfs from Sm4sh and 4.0.0 were reverted (Jab combo, Up-Tilt, D-Tilt, both ver's of Side-B, etc...) while keeping all their buffs.

B = Air Dodge goes the same distance as everyone else's.

B = Full Hop and Double Jump go a tad higher.

N = All Smash Attacks now have percent armor (Up to 13%), but have more active frames.

B = All throws and pummel do more damage.

B = B-Throw has more KGB, now killing around the same time as Mario's B-Throw.

B = Neutral-B percent armor now takes up to 13% from 6%.

N = Grounded K.O Punch is no longer unblock-able and has less KGB, killing about 20% later.

B = Both ver's of K.O Punch have much less end-lag, deal a ton of Shield Damage and Aerial ver has more KGB giving it some decent kill power.

B = K.O Meter now slowly builds up over time like WAFT & Arsene. (Rate: 1 Minute and 30 seconds = Full Charge), in exchange for getting less of it when doing and taking damage. This is my attempt to try and deal with platform camping.

B = All Aerials are Short-Hop Auto-Cancel-able and have no more then 10 frames of landing lag.

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
In the minority with this one, :ultlittlemac: has a great idea for a design and it pushes the limits of what a Smash character can do at any level.

Execution wise, yeah they screw the pooch on this one. It's clear they weren't keen on making the character fly after all the nerfs, no matter what he got in return. Quick normal's, armored smash attacks and K.O Punch clearly weren't enough to make up for pitiful aerials, a bottom 5 recovery and the worst grab game in Ultimate. (I guess they forgot that decent grabs and throws are required for good ground coverage)

Not even Dash Canceled Grounded Attacks could save him.

B = buff
N = nerf

Here's my idea of a Mac redesign and bringing him back up:

B = All nerfs from Sm4sh and 4.0.0 were reverted (Jab combo, Up-Tilt, D-Tilt, both ver's of Side-B, etc...) while keeping all their buffs.

B = Air Dodge goes the same distance as everyone else's.

B = Full Hop and Double Jump go a tad higher.

N = All Smash Attacks now have percent armor (Up to 13%), but have more active frames.

B = All throws and pummel do more damage.

B = B-Throw has more KGB, now killing around the same time as Mario's B-Throw.

B = Neutral-B percent armor now takes up to 13% from 6%.

N = Grounded K.O Punch is no longer unblock-able and has less KGB, killing about 20% later.

B = Both ver's of K.O Punch have much less end-lag, deal a ton of Shield Damage and Aerial ver has more KGB giving it some decent kill power.

B = K.O Meter now slowly builds up over time like WAFT & Arsene. (Rate: 1 Minute and 30 seconds = Full Charge), in exchange for getting less of it when doing and taking damage. This is my attempt to try and deal with platform camping.

B = All Aerials are Short-Hop Auto-Cancel-able and have no more then 10 frames of landing lag.
What do you think about KO Punch disappearing after being hit? I could live with a weaker KO Punch that doesn't go away, as long as it doesn't kill at 20%. It would fit the trend of Arsene and Waft.

UserKev

Smash Champion
:ultmario: - Remove F.L.L.U.D. Change Mario's Down B to having a box/metal power up appear over his head for temporary metal power up. Change his final smash to giant Mario. Change air Down A to Ground Pound.

:ultbowser:- Change his Natural B to a slow limited range fireball, new buffed projectile akin to Super Mario Bros.

:ultganondorf: - Change his Natural B to magic projectile. Change air Down A to Ground Pound.

:ultmewtwo: - Make Mewtwo a heavyweight. Give Smash attacks armor until high percentage. Change Down Taunt to 20% recovery.

:ultlittlemac:- Change Down Taunt to chocolate bar 20% recovery.

Top Bottom